• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration Issues

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Account Migration Issues - Still doesn't sound safe to update accounts!

Sorry Bella, I can't help you with that question! :confused:
I've gone full circle and here I am wondering the same as you!

AFTER much help from everyone on this forum, my accounts were all successfully linked with their billing information updated to Mythic Account Management

... :sad2: Tonight I get the following e-mail about my oldest account which is active, linked to Mystic Account Management and has all it's billing information ...

Bioware Mythic 07/09/2011

End of Subscription Notification

Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account MyAccountName has ended for the following reason:
  • No billing information on file ________________________________________________
*Isn't there a smilie somewhere, ripping it's hair out? :wall:

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what happended to two of my accounts also. They both lost their billing info when they were due for billing. After entering the cc-info again i get 2 spammails from mythic. What they are trying to tell me i don't know. I still get japanese mails from ea-mythic.

Feenicks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a freakin joke.

Ive not been an active player for years due to study. But kept my main account active. Its been active now for at least 10 YEARS!!!!!!!
[Edit
<--- Stratics join date. Okay so more than 11 years.
dunno what happened to my post count tho, it used to be in the thousands...]
I always wanted to come back, because for me UO had such fond memories and i was rather attached to my characters and possessions ingame.

I started to try play again when i finished studying my degree at the end of last year. Got involved in a house move into a Luna house and lost much of my long held much loved UO possessions in that house move due to utterly unplayable lag because of the ridiculous lag issues on Oceania when they were having those issues. It was not an auspicious return and i basically left the game untouched for months in disgust and disappointment. Yet still i kept my account active. "ill get over it, and return"

Now i get this email saying:

Bioware Mythic
Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account xxxxxxx has ended for the following reason:
The credit card on file was declined

My credit card is fully active and fine.
So i figure id best login to fix that up. I discover this ridiculous shemozzle of an account transfer process.

W...T...F...

Ive tried various steps and logins and what not, but you know what. Unless someone from EA wants to fix it for me and suck up... FORGET IT. I could seriously not be ASSED! trying to navigate this morass of disparate guides, threads and help pages anymore. I mean warhammeronline!? wtf.

Seriously ... WHAT A JOKE!

This is my revised post... the first was considerably more colourful, but i guess my many years as a Stratics mod means i cant quite bring myself to swear and rave like i really want to.

I mean my account has been inactive for 19hours now and god knows how long it'll take to get sorted cos quite frankly i dont have time for this crap.

Are houses decaying? Well, expect a juicy idoc in Luna, Oceania soon.

*sigh*

T

Trebr Drab

Well, I was hit on one of my 3 accounts too.

There could be a difference, in that this particular account may have inaccurate credit card expiration date. I avoided the process of trying to migrate the account until this account was blocked. But trying to do so was not successful. So I'm blocked with this account for the duration. What I fear most is how long that duration will be, and then what the end result will be.

EA does not seem to care much about UO.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Account Migration Issues - Still doesn't sound safe to update accounts!

Does anyone know what "update renewal" means on the account management page? Will it allow me to edit an existing credit card? Mine expires this month, so I just want to modify the expiration date, but it kinda looks like I'll get charged again if I do it now. Any help is appreciated.

L

Legacyee

I had the e-mail too and i've tried the account managment but they are off line, i known my account shoud be good but i can log in, I am away for a couple of week so i can't do any more, after ten years of playing it seems UO is kicking me out.
All i want to do is get home from work and enter my UO world not spend the evening trying to get into a web site that is offline
I really hope my accout is sorted before i get back

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the e-mail too and i've tried the account managment but they are off line, i known my account shoud be good but i can log in, I am away for a couple of week so i can't do any more, after ten years of playing it seems UO is kicking me out.
All i want to do is get home from work and enter my UO world not spend the evening trying to get into a web site that is offline
I really hope my accout is sorted before i get back

i will help you with anything! You have my number. :)

B

BellaofCats

Yikes! It doesn't sound like I should make a single move just yet. Since I've got some time before billings are due again I'm going to wait and see and hope these billing issues get sorted out.

Bella

S

seapup

I called EA on thursday and had asked them why I can not get into my main account.
Guess what? they can't find my main account which has been running for 8 years there abouts.

So this person at the end of the phone checked another account and said well I can find this one so I will give u free time to play (x amount of time was offered)
I go into that account and yep u guessed it. there is no time added at all to it.
Please wtf is my main account and can we please go back to the old way for adding time? There I was able to see all my stats for my accounts.

What do I do now. Need help. Afraid I was lose my house and all the items I have accumulated for all those years.

T

Trebr Drab

I called EA on thursday and had asked them why I can not get into my main account.
Guess what? they can't find my main account which has been running for 8 years there abouts.

So this person at the end of the phone checked another account and said well I can find this one so I will give u free time to play (x amount of time was offered)
I go into that account and yep u guessed it. there is no time added at all to it.
Please wtf is my main account and can we please go back to the old way for adding time? There I was able to see all my stats for my accounts.

What do I do now. Need help. Afraid I was lose my house and all the items I have accumulated for all those years.
Heh, I called them too, and the first thing the guy asked me was ....
"What's your screen name?"
I knew I was in the wrong place at that moment.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omFg i feel all of your pain.
i can't remember the pw to one of my 9 accounts and have been banging my head against the wall with mythic support for the past hour and a half. i'm about ready to explode.
i've gone through 2 live chats and 2 phone calls and no one has a clue what i'm asking. the first live chat guy asked how he could help me and when i told him my problem he never came back. i waited 10 minutes and kept asking if anyone was there so i disconnected.
the 2nd live chat person said he'd send me a link to reset my password, but when i clicked on it it was a link to reset my pw for the EA Account Management page.
the first phone guy i talked to hung up on me when he went to put me on hold. and the 2nd phone guy scolded me for opening multiple tickets for the same problem. and now he keeps telling me my EA Account pw is the same as my game account pw and i keep telling him it's completely different. he tried to tell me to login to UO with my email address (aka EA Account Name) and my EA Account page pw and i keep telling him that's for the EA Management Account website not the actual GAME and he keeps asking me what the difference is. what the &^$#???
now i'm escalated to tier 3. and i've read on here how well that usually goes. all i want is to retrieve a lost game pw :( :( :(

Aroma

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No problem with acnt migrating Just the system denied my cc after 7 yrs. And i just got a new puter to try the ec client oh well. Bye uo LS was fun.

The infamous Pet-Tamer-Aroma..

L

Legacyee

i have just spent a hour trying to get my account back which i never should have lost in the first place, and the whole system is confusing and has really pissed me off and after ten years i am not happy, i am going away for two weeks and if it is the same or i 've lost every thing when i get back, my account and that of my daughters will be stopped...well done all those on the account team..

trying to repair something that some-else has broken is not one of my strongpoints and i will not waste anymore time with it...just fix it Mythic please

LoneSwan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I arrived at this *~account migration hurricane party~* a bit late because I don't frequent Stratics Forums; just play my solitary UO game as a daily exercise now, after starting on day one {9/25/1997}.

"Larisa" has posted a guide which answers most questions. "Tina Small" added some very detailed posts that address more specific issues.

I added a post in the thread(below) that details how to get to the {hidden?} page which allows DELETE or EDIT or ADD credit card info:

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/250766-changing-billing-information-after-imputed.html

Note: Discover Card would not work for me. This may include certain other cc brands. The Discover Card problem was also present with the UO GameCodes Store and it seems to have never been fixed.

LoneSwan
{in Virginia}

T

Trebr Drab

Mine is fixed now. They added a tab under "Subscriptions" for accounts that are closed, and that allowed me to reset my credit card. I was then able to log in.

K

Kayne

For anyone that had wanted to change card info that is stored. Thanks to LoneSwan for this info

I finally found the method for doing this Online:

1) Select the account to renew. You may be able to create a new trial account if you have no old(lapsed) ones linked to the new system.

Or: If you already have a linked ACTIVE account, you may choose this account. Be sure to <press> the [set description] button near the bottom of the page (at least once). There is no indication that this "button" functions. However, from a guide posted by "Larisa":
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/248715-{guide}-how-get-your-accounts-management-page.html
Larisa adds this NOTE: You will not see the update renewal button or the cancel subscription button until you click on the orange button labeled SET DESCRIPTION in the upper right corner.

Therefore, use the "update renewal" button to proceed.

2) You will be directed to the "Select Subscription Type" page.

3) choose [continue] {Use default -bullet- selection, this choice will be irrelevant as you will soon see...}

4) You will be directed to "Select Your Payment Method" page.

5) Look in the upper right corner: see [Manage Accounts] button/tab.

That is _the KEY_. When you select the above button/tab, you will be directed to the "Manage Accounts" page: here you can DELETE or EDIT or "Add A New Credit Card".

Additional notes:

Linking accounts uses the format:
"[account user name]_uo" = "Mythic Master Account"

My Discover Card did not work. This seems to be a longstanding problem with EA's billing system because I have encountered it before. Discover Card always worked with the "old" UO/Mythic" account management website.

LoneSwan
{in Virginia}

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone know how to retreive a lost game pw? i dread calling ea again because they don't seem to realize a game account pw is different than my ea master pw. and they apparently decided my issue has been resolved since they closed out the ticket i opened a few nights ago :(
does anyone know how to reach someone at customer support who's actually heard of UO? arg!!!

K

Kayne

NDM - I wish I knew - I just went to poke around the account management and if you try the mythic account forgot password that doesn't affect your game account. If you go into the EA account you need to know the old password.

Hopefully someone else can help you :(

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks, kayne. this whole thing is a mess. when i talked to someone at customer support the other night, he kept saying "well, tell me what you have for your pw and i'll tell you if it matches what i have here" and i kept trying to tell him if i had my pw i wouldn't be calling them. *scream*

K

Kayne

Not to mention all online services and games state that a *insert Company name* rep will never request your password. So no CS agent should even ask you for it. Besides which passwords should be stored encrypted and as such should not be viewable by anyone.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree... i found it pretty creepy when he read my EA.com pw to me and kept trying to tell me that was my game pw too.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone know how to retreive a lost game pw? i dread calling ea again because they don't seem to realize a game account pw is different than my ea master pw. and they apparently decided my issue has been resolved since they closed out the ticket i opened a few nights ago :(
does anyone know how to reach someone at customer support who's actually heard of UO? arg!!!
Very simple.

Start in the account managment page here.

At the bottom right, click where it says Forgot your Mythic account password?

On the next screen, type in your UO account name followed by _uo so for example MyUOAccountName_uo and click Request.

An email will be sent to the email address registered against that UO account name.

K

Kayne

S.P.A if you read the little bit of text under the reset mythic password that you linked to it actually says this IS NOT your game account

Enter your username to request a password change. Note that this will not change the password for any of your game accounts; if you want to do that, you have to log on to your main account first!

LoneSwan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nine Dark Moons:

The best post I found concerning how to retrieve a lost (original) UO account password is linked, below:

http://vboards.stratics.com/2000563-post90.html

Basically, the only reliable way appears to be that you must PHONE customer support:

* Inside the United States: 1-866-543-5435
* Outside the United States: 1-650-628-4306

Have the information that "Woodsman" suggests(from above linked post) available. Understand that you will have to be patient with the CS rep until either they understand your request or can redirect you to another agent that is familiar with this issue. Also, the phone numbers come from a Dark Age of Camelot Wiki linked by "Petra":

http://vboards.stratics.com/2007672-post4.html

So, don't be put off by any reference to DAoC if it is announced in an automated phone menu. They are the CS reps that seem to understand this issue.

I agree this affair demonstrates a lousy way to run any business. But these people(EA) are _supposed_ to be computer/Online/software savvy, which makes the entire situation ridiculous.

LoneSwan
{in Virginia}

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks very much LoneSwan for the info! i'll call them again after work. SPA i did try that forgot pw thing the other day but it only changed the pw for my ea.com account, not my game account.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks very much LoneSwan for the info! i'll call them again after work. SPA i did try that forgot pw thing the other day but it only changed the pw for my ea.com account, not my game account.
I did it just now on an old expired account that I have not yet linked to any EA account and it sent me a nice password reset link.

I followed that, reset the password, went back to the accounts page and used that user name and my newly reset password to successfully log into the Mythic Master Account section.

At that point it takes you to the Existing EA Account or Create New EA Account screen, which I haven't bothered filling in.

So that is my UO account password I've reset, because it isn't even linked to an EA Account yet.

K

Kayne

Ah I see why you can do it now, once you link it to the new EA account you can no longer log in etc with the mythic master account as it tells you its linked to the EA account.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah I see why you can do it now, once you link it to the new EA account you can no longer log in etc with the mythic master account as it tells you its linked to the EA account.
Of course...

But my logic is really simple, if you've forgotten your UO password you're hardly likely to have been able to link it to an EA account yet, right?

K

Kayne

Of course...

But my logic is really simple, if you've forgotten your UO password you're hardly likely to have been able to link it to an EA account yet, right?
That is very clever logic right there.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unfortunately i HAD already linked my account to my EA master account and then changed the password but must have written it down differently than i'd typed it, because the new pw didn't work so i couldn't get into the game.
however, i did just call the 1-866-543-5435 number, pressed 6 (i think) for the warhammer/daoc help line and got a wonderfully nice woman who reset my game pw for me. hooray!!! thanks to all of you for your awesome help!!!

I

iamscotia

So is there any way to link more then 9 accounts to 1 master account? I would rather not spread them across multiple emails. One thing i'd REALLY like to see, is the ability to see what chars are on the account before I activate them, tbh I only remember whats on a few of them and i'd like to be able to tell what account is what without having to pony up the money. Is there any way?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
about at the end of my rope

got this email this morning:

Bioware Mythic

Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account ******* has ended for the following reason:

• No billing information on file
If you did not authorize this, please contact support at (650) 628-1001. Phone support hours are 10:00 am - 10:00 pm eastern time, Monday through Friday. You can find further information on account security at Support Home Page.
Thank you!
This is an automated email from the Account Management site for Bioware Mythic.
Games Workshop, Warhammer, Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, ™ and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2011. Used under license by Electronic Arts Inc

so I go to the account pages and select 'update renewal' even tho the official instructions say that once entered all accounts will be associated with credit card entered ..... arrrgghhhh!!!

so I select to enter a new card, thinking that this is one of the accounts I did not have the opportunity to enter the new expiration date on....... fill out the correct information, and am then presented with this little box

of course it's not unique to this account, EA, it's associated, by you, to all my other accounts, and yes, it IS unique to me

here's the really fun part...... next spring they'll bill me for it again

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*update to above post*

called the support number, got thru to a nice guy named Tyler..... he says it all looks fine on his end, and I can log in to the account ingame (hadn't thought to try it before messing with the accounts page, sorry bout that)

checked the accounts page again, it all appears exactly the same as before

the whole thing is just too contradictory for me

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems the account mgmt page has been down. Any info on it's return?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still not working for me...

Error
There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.

-----

they can't seem to find my account either

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
account is resolved, today the problem is I cannot create a masterID or skip the step... when I click done nothing happens I tried and updated my browser and anything I could think of...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been sorted out during my sleep !!! took a while but service is delivered !

Thank you and good luck everyone else !

K

Kayne

***IMPORTANT INFO FOR UK RESIDENTS***

If you are from the UK and worried about the extra tax situation I can confirm after re-subbing one of the accounts that during the migration got put to closed status that even though it stated tax would be added I've checked the bank and in fact I was charged the £9.99 I was supposed to be

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying to log on to edit my account at uo.com for the past few days. I keep getting a message that says this page is temporarily unavailable. Anybody else running into this?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone had or noticed early billing? I reactivated two accounts on August 29th. Both accounts were billed again on September 23rd. They both show in Account Management as Expiring on October 23rd. Looks like I lost 5 days on both accounts.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I am confused !

I have NOT even tried acct. migration yet, been nothing but majorly paranoid to even TRY it on either of my 4 active accts. *till I HAD to* if even, then.

I have 4 accts. and each were billed in mid to late June [& July] for their usual 3 month cycles. Thus in theory, all 4 of my active accts. were not even due to be rebilled till this month, and next month for the other 3.

I figured I would "try" migrate
when it got closer to my accts. NEEDING to migrate.

Got the new cc bill [yesterday], showing EA took out $34.99 for one of my accts. thus my confusion...if I did not migrate yet
...um so how is that happening then ?

I am not even sure WHICH of the 4 accts. got billed but that $34.99 is the normal fee for 3 mos. of UO time per acct. I can only assume it might be on the 4th acct. that was DUE to be rebilled like about now...
it IS still active atm but I don't know now if that $34.99 will count as keepin it active another 3mos. or if it IS just a old new migration carryover sorta blurb, since I didnt migrate yet or not ! ?

Now I was gonna try that 4th acct. migration like this coming monday...cuz yeh that one due up first...so figured I would have to TRY migration on that
4th acct. first. BUT I just got billed $34.99 on THIS last cc. bill that came YESTERDAY.

ANYHOW I am confused...how they BILL me if I did NOT migrate any of my 4 accts. yet ?

Will this $34.99 COUNT anyhow...or just a blurb error on their part some way, that it went thru anyhow *for one acct. of mine* even though not migrated yet ?

IF I do migrate that acct. WILL I end up billed the $34.99 again on top of this new billing ?

well ima confused ! ! !

I have not migrated ANY of my 4 accts. yet.

(is very... confused)

bsluspo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ANYHOW I am confused...how they BILL me if I did NOT migrate any of my 4 accts. yet ?
Because your accounts have already been migrated.

All the accounts (yours too) were automatically migrated in august.
Migration kept the credit card information, so they will continue to be billed as usual (if the credit card is still valid, there are still funds and so on).

What you have not done yet is to link your account(s) to the new management system at https://accounts.eamythic.com/
Linking an account removes the credit card information, so it needs to be re-added in the new management site.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been trying to get my account fixed for the last 7 days. I tell you what I would of had better results by now if Support was ran by Chimps.

My EA account is set on a debunk/deleted email account. The domain no longer exists.

I do not know the password to my EA account. I cannot recover it by website. A tech needs to look into my account and send it to my new email account, or change it so that I can attach it to my new Mythic Master Account.

I have sent over 4 emails explaining what is needed and they keep sending auto generated generic instructions that does not resolve my issue. It is a special case.

They dont read the email, they just send out spam.

I've been playing the same account since 99.

Ricsreturn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure whats happened. I deactivated in 2009 recently noticed all the new and was able to link my account and reactivate it buying 90day gametime but when I logged on EVERYTHING is gone chars on shards I played items skills soul stones. It's as if I started a fresh account when I made the account in 2004 and had a good 3 years played on it.

bsluspo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My EA account is set on a debunk/deleted email account. The domain no longer exists.

I do not know the password to my EA account. I cannot recover it by website. A tech needs to look into my account and send it to my new email account, or change it so that I can attach it to my new Mythic Master Account.

I have sent over 4 emails explaining what is needed and they keep sending auto generated generic instructions that does not resolve my issue. It is a special case.
Just create a new "EA Account". Then link your "UO Account" to it (yes its possible to do it)

Contact support using the chat instead of email

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Cant Access my account. NEED HELP !!

After entering you need to give your account a name
This is some new word I make up? that has nothing to do with my UO accounts?

Why can't they explain this someplace?

bsluspo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: Cant Access my account. NEED HELP !!

After entering you need to give your account a name
This is some new word I make up? that has nothing to do with my UO accounts?

Why can't they explain this someplace?
If you mean the "persona" name, that is a nickname associated with your "EA account" that will be used to identify yourself online with other people (like in forums and so on)
Each "EA account" can have up to 10 personas associated with it. When you successfully link a mythic master account (named as your old uo account plus _uo appended at the end) a persona with the same name is created inside the "EA account": that is why you can only link up to 9 ultima online accounts.

Use something that is different from your email address.