• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration Issues

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: WOW! Account Management

IN that drop down box, EVERY account you have..UO, Warhammer, whatever will be IN That drop down box...just select the account you want to manage and go from there.
If only it were so ;)

I can get to the list of all the UO accounts related to the email account for my EA account, if I choose one and enter the password for it, and hit 'link', it says 'Success'. And nothing at all about that UO account shows up ANYWHERE.... can refresh pages, log out and use different browsers, makes no difference at all.... but if I go look at the list of UO accounts again, it's still in the list to be chosen to link to my EA account. I can even choose to link it again, and it will again say 'success'. And still be show no info at all about the account.

All I can figure is their system really can't cope with accounts that are paid with gametime, since it keeps saying 'success' to the link when it clearly is nothing of the sort.

Just as well that, by sheer luck, there is a fair bit of gametime on my accounts. If I was needing to add a code urgently, I'd be pretty much sunk.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: How do I pay for my account now?!

1. Create an EA Account with a valid email address - this is NOT one of your UO accounts but completely separate.

2. Confirm this EA Account via a link sent to you to the above address

3. If you are not automatically logged into that account log in using above email address as login

4. Go to link accounts

5. Enter your UO-Account name (possibly followed by "_uo" and your password

6. Klick "Link"

7. Klick "Continue"

8. You can now chose the linked account in the drop down box

9. Scroll down to the accounts details. You can now change or confirm the info and subsription

I did steps 1 - 7 successfully. But the "drop down box" never appears for me. I'll post some screen shots of everything on my screen. Like I said, I did steps 1 - 7 successfully it even said success when I "linked" my UO account. Stand by for my screen shots.

A

anna anomalous

working fine with me, but my only question is...

do we have to setup the billing all over again? are our accounts by default, not being paid for right now? until we put in the billing info again?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

If only it were so ;)

I can get to the list of all the UO accounts related to the email account for my EA account, if I choose one and enter the password for it, and hit 'link', it says 'Success'. And nothing at all about that UO account shows up ANYWHERE.... can refresh pages, log out and use different browsers, makes no difference at all.... but if I go look at the list of UO accounts again, it's still in the list to be chosen to link to my EA account. I can even choose to link it again, and it will again say 'success'. And still be show no info at all about the account.

All I can figure is their system really can't cope with accounts that are paid with gametime, since it keeps saying 'success' to the link when it clearly is nothing of the sort.

Just as well that, by sheer luck, there is a fair bit of gametime on my accounts. If I was needing to add a code urgently, I'd be pretty much sunk.
After it says 'success' you need to click continue.

Do I need to enter all my payment details again?? :confused:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Warning: Don't Update Too Many Accounts At Once

Thank you for the heads-up. I'm not sure I want all my accounts (active and inactive) linked either just to keep them safer from any potential hackers; however I planned to wait until early next week to log into the account center to figure out what my options are.

Good luck getting your issue resolved.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please put the Account Managment down again

So many iusses i have seen here in this threads, error messages, you can not activate game times, keys, etc.

I cannot switch to my 6 month activated GTC account getting an error message.

Please put it down again, enable return to brit program and fix this very anoying iusses here.

Another really bad thing is why is UO more expensive in EUR than in USD!

$12.99* Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription
$34.99* Ultima Online: 3 Month Subscription
$59.99* Ultima Online: 6 Month Subscription

against:

€13.99* Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription
€39.99* Ultima Online: 3 Month Subscription
€67.99* Ultima Online: 6 Month Subscription

I would say this is a scam!

14 Euro = 19,94300 US-Dollar
40 Euro = 56,98 US-Dollar
68 Euro = 96,86600 US-Dollar !!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Alot of people had this issue.

When you scroll down you will see this box:

http://i52.***********/eju2io.jpg

See the orange button labeled Set Discription? Click on that, it will link all of your information, then you will be able to see the renewal and cancel subscription buttons at the bottom.
I got everything set-up and linked easily enough, but when I go and look at each account it has start date, end date, and method and amount has N/A (looks just like the line for the one in picture with the start date of 8/1/11). The bottom has buttons for "change password", "activate key", and "subscribe". There is also the button in the upper corner that says "set description", but when I click on it nothing happens. If I click on subscribe then it wants me to enter the payment info and if I want to pay monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I got everything set-up and linked easily enough, but when I go and look at each account it has start date, end date, and method and amount has N/A (looks just like the line for the one in picture with the start date of 8/1/11). The bottom has buttons for "change password", "activate key", and "subscribe". There is also the button in the upper corner that says "set description", but when I click on it nothing happens. If I click on subscribe then it wants me to enter the payment info and if I want to pay monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually.
I get the same thing as you so I stopped there. I don't want to reenter subscription information again in case I get charge again! My accounts are on a 6 month subscription. I am going to wait until things settle down before I go back there! *shudders*

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here is what I see on my screen. Note: No pop down menu ever appears for me.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Please folks, keep all this in the one thread, that's why the thread was made, and what Mesanna asked us to do.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't mention how many accounts I'm trying to link :blushing: but it's not letting me link them all. :( I can't even see the ones that successfully linked.

M

molinaro

Re: Please put the Account Managment down again

So many iusses i have seen here in this threads, error messages, you can not activate game times, keys, etc.

I cannot switch to my 6 month activated GTC account getting an error message.

Please put it down again, enable return to brit program and fix this very anoying iusses here.

Another really bad thing is why is UO more expensive in EUR than in USD!

$12.99* Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription
$34.99* Ultima Online: 3 Month Subscription
$59.99* Ultima Online: 6 Month Subscription

against:

€13.99* Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription
€39.99* Ultima Online: 3 Month Subscription
€67.99* Ultima Online: 6 Month Subscription

I would say this is a scam!

14 Euro = 19,94300 US-Dollar
40 Euro = 56,98 US-Dollar
68 Euro = 96,86600 US-Dollar !!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!
Is there not a tax called VAT that they have to add on top of the subscription for EU players? I've seen this same issue mentioned in other MMOs and that was the explanation given by the devs in those other games.

Godiva_Drach

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
@Bob the fart guy

The drop-down box is where it says "Bobthefartguy"

If you have successfully linked your uo accounts they should appear in there.

The stupid bit (imo) is that once you have clicked "link" it confirms the account linked with "ok". But they are not yet linked. YOU HAVE TO CLICK CONTINUE EACH TIME to link them successfully.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Create an EA Account with a valid email address - this is NOT one of your UO accounts but completely separate.

2. Confirm this EA Account via a link sent to you to the above address

3. If you are not automatically logged into that account log in using above email address as login

4. Go to link accounts

5. Enter your UO-Account name (possibly followed by "_uo" and your password

6. Klick "Link"

7. Klick "Continue"

8. You can now chose the linked account in the drop down box

9. Scroll down to the accounts details. You can now change or confirm the info and subsription

Edit:
I confirmed my current subscriptions and they claimed a fee for each account!!!!
Got them all renewed and got to TC1 with an expired account so it did work. :) Thank You!

That setup EA is using could be more clear though. "Mythic Master Account Name" didn't sound as if it wanted a UO account name. I walked the second EA guy I talked to through there and he didn't know thats where the UO account info should go either.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Bob, I am making a guide now..but at the top do you see where it says Bobthefartguy? THAT is your drop down menu, click on that and you *should* see all the uo accounts you have linked.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for helping me walk through this. It has been a horrible experiance. I believe that you all have helped me, and without it, my game account would have ended.

Petra Fyde, I think that would be a perfect idea. Can I encourage screenshots? Your welcome to use the ones I posted if you like. :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't mention how many accounts I'm trying to link :blushing: but it's not letting me link them all. :( I can't even see the ones that successfully linked.
Sablestorm, I'm very concerned about this particular issue. I know in the past if I requested confirmation of the accounts linked to a particular e-mail address under the old system, there seemed to be a maximum number of accounts (perhaps 10) that the old system recognized as being linked to one e-mail address. I wonder if that maximum has carried over to the new system and it won't allow you to link more than a certain number of accounts to one e-mail address.

Does anyone know for sure yet whether you can access and update multiple "converted" EA accounts (from this merger) that happen to all have the same e-mail address, or is that not allowed and you are forced to link them if they have the same e-mail address? If yes, what are we supposed to do if there is a max # that can use the same e-mail address and we're already over that maximum and can't get to the excess number of accounts to give them a different e-mail address so we can link them together separately or just leave them as separate accounts?

I haven't tried accessing the account center yet because I want to wait for the dust to settle a bit and I'm worried about being double-charged for accounts if I inadvertently click on the wrong button because the system is so overtaxed that screens aren't refreshing properly.

Godiva_Drach

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all for helping me walk through this. It has been a horrible experiance. I believe that you all have helped me, and without it, my game account would have ended.

Petra Fyde, I think that would be a perfect idea. Can I encourage screenshots? Your welcome to use the ones I posted if you like. :)

:thumbup:

I like a challenge - what I don't like is being ripped off while being awake

EUR charges PLUS FEES????

get a grip EA

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

After it says 'success' you need to click continue.
Tried that several times, never seemed to make any difference... but just on the off chance gave it another go, and apparently it succeded - but as soon as I try look at the details for the UO account, on ANY of the information tabs,

"Error

There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage."

Can change back to my 'main' EA account name just fine, but that, of course, has no information at all about my UO accounts.

Maybe down to the systems still being worked on, who knows...

Mr.Jingles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok now what are we going to do about thus missing 6th char i paged a GM in game like i was told to do i get this message that an email was sent to my email witch when i went to my email there is no message on what to do or whats going to be done with this

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well shard is back up and I lost all training that was done this morning. I also noticed that I do not get the rewards gump on my account. Is this a new issue? I had quite a few rewards saved and will hate to lose the option of claiming them if and when I need to.

W

Woodsman

Are they on different email accounts? I know somebody who had the same issue, and he thinks them being on different email accounts was the issue, and is just going to wait and see.

I was able to link accounts from another email address to my main, so I don't know. These included active and inactive accounts.
Sablestorm, I'm very concerned about this particular issue. I know in the past if I requested confirmation of the accounts linked to a particular e-mail address under the old system, there seemed to be a maximum number of accounts (perhaps 10) that the old system recognized as being linked to one e-mail address. I wonder if that maximum has carried over to the new system and it won't allow you to link more than a certain number of accounts to one e-mail address.
The person I mentioned that ran into problems was only trying to link 9 or so accounts, and only got 7 linked.

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok now what are we going to do about thus missing 6th char i paged a GM in game like i was told to do i get this message that an email was sent to my email witch when i went to my email there is no message on what to do or whats going to be done with this
check junkmail for this BioWare Mythic Customer Support

M

Misterith

Is there a reason all my vet rewards are gone? I have 7 left I was saving up.....Will this be fixed?

vexyvixen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 3:00 p.m. Game servers are back up again and I still don't have my tamer.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a reason all my vet rewards are gone? I have 7 left I was saving up.....Will this be fixed?
going out on a limb here but if i remember correctly the devs said to give it around 14days? after all the change has happened to see ur correct account age as it wont age for these 14days...... soo im thinking ur rewards are down until this gets back up to speed in 14 days (?) just my thought on this.

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
OK got all 4 of my accounts successfully linked.

None of my billing info is updating when i hit set description. Im not entering my information all over again to get charged prematurely.

Secondly and most importantly. I lost my 6th character on one of my main accounts. This account did not have the 7th slot activated as the others have. The character is still missing and im still :mad: about it.

This is almost as bad as the whole AoS fiasco .... and almost as frustrating as the whole Xmas of 98 at brit bank lag fest.

:thumbdown:

Godiva_Drach

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Does anybody have problems with receiving the confirmation mail for the EA account? A friend does not get it and without it that's it...

Or have they now switched off that inadvertently as well together with the other mails?

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anybody have problems with receiving the confirmation mail for the EA account? A friend does not get it and without it that's it...

Or have they now switched off that inadvertently as well together with the other mails?
I had to turn off spam filter to get any EA emails, now I get to go turn it back off.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

To keep everyone up-to-date on this...

Firstly, I now can't get into the https://accounts.eamythic.com/ website with any of my accounts so they really have blocked my IP! *mutters*

Since I refuse to call International to solve this, I've tried using the Live Chat service on the Support Home Page website, where fortunately they've not blocked my IP.

They have drop-downs for Ultima Online, Account / Registration, Account Creation / Changes.

When you start the session you have to enter all the details of the issue, so I typed in about 200 words of description.

I then waited in queue for 8 minutes - and, unlike the UO GM queue, it actually does move - I started at 26 and ended up at 1 then was met by a customer service agent.

I asked her if she had read my description of the problem and she said "no that wasn't available" and asked me to type it all in again. Oh genius that...

After reading everything she told me that "this has to be escalated to Tier 2 support, please hold"...

I then got put back in the queue at position 20 and was told I had to wait another 20 minutes. Again, at least the queue works, you see it ticking down from position 10 to 9 to 8 and so on.

But the wait was a lot longer - more like 40 minutes - and I kept bouncing from 4 to 3 to 4 and back for a long time, then finally got to 2 and then was bouncing from 2 to 1 to 2 and back for a while too. Bizarre!

So, after 44 minutes I got another customer service agent who fortunately was able to read the chat log from my sesion with her colleague.

After reading my detailed explanation...

You have introduced a new Account Management system for Ultima Online this week at https://accounts.eamythic.com/
Today I have been trying to access my 10 existing Ultima Online accounts in your new Account Management system.
Each of my accounts are on separate email addresses.
For each account, I had to log on with the email address for that account, link my existing UO account to that account and log off again.
When I got to doing this with account #8, I received an error message from the Account Management website that said my IP address 189.134.126.106 was being blocked due to suspicious activity.
You can see the error message here http://www.tyn-y-llechwedd.net/spa/AccountMigration.jpg
I now can't log into the Account Management website at all.
You need to unblock my IP address on the https://accounts.eamythic.com website so I can resume setting up my 10 Ultima Online accounts on the new Account Management system or I will have no option other than to cancel all 10 accounts and you will lose £100 revenue a month. I am sure £1,200 per year revenue to EA is worth ensuring this issue is resolved promptly.
She responds with a priceless "so which screen name was blocked for suspicious activity". Screen name? Are we on AOL now?

She then asks me if I use the same email address on all my UO accounts... I think I've answered that one haven't I?

Then she asks me which email address I was trying to put the IP in. Do we have a new feature here that's not been announced? I didn't see anywhere to enter IP information on our new account management site!

*shudders* Honestly, do they know anything?

At this point I am sure she's off seeing if any of my accounts have been banned, which of course is utterly the wrong direction to be looking... but just to help her realise this I tell her that "all my 10 accounts can still log inot the Ultima Online game perfectly"...

The silence is deafening at this point...

75 minutes and counting...

"Well while you were adding the IP address to that account/email it gave you the blocked error correct?"

*screams*

EA Support: Okay this makes since now youre in the wrong department
EA Support: you need to call and ask for Mythic department
Me: Ah, what department am I in?
EA Support: EA Games, Pogo
EA Support: one sec ill get you the number
Me: Sorry, I am not in the USA and I am not making an International phone call to resolve the error
EA Support: 1-866-543-5435
Me: No, I am not in the USA, I need help online not by telephone.
EA Support: that's okay that number will work, its toll free
Me: It isn't toll free from outside America
EA Support: okay well like i said you wil have to call in and ask for the mythic department
Me: You have no online support for this?
Me: Do you realise how much International phone calls cost?
EA Support: call your local support and see if they can transfer you here
EA Support: and then ask for the Mythic department because that's who can help you
Me: Thank you for your help. Our local help don't even know that Ultima Online exists.
Me: Bye then.
Beat that folks for excellent customer service.

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just got this Email after paging a GM in game who stated to check my email for a response.
As follows:

Greetings,

Thank you for your appeal concerning your missing character. Following the recent maintenance we have a had a number of reports concerning missing characters from the 6th character slot. We are aware of the issue and it is currently under investigation. If the missing character was not in the 6th slot please re-appeal immediately and specify the slot it was in so that we may look into your issue further.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, the issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

BioWare Mythic Customer Support
BioWare Mythic, A Division of EA

If your Character that is missing was NOT in the 6th Slot I suggest paging a GM in game to let them know immediately.

Hope this helps ease a few peoples minds.... even though my mind isnt at ease lol :fight:

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Firstly, I now can't get into the https://accounts.eamythic.com/ website with any of my accounts so they really have blocked my IP! *mutters*

Since I refuse to call International to solve this, I've tried using the Live Chat service on the Support Home Page website, where fortunately they've not blocked my IP.

They have drop-downs for Ultima Online, Account / Registration, Account Creation / Changes.

When you start the session you have to enter all the details of the issue, so I typed in about 200 words of description.

I then waited in queue for 8 minutes - and, unlike the UO GM queue, it actually does move - I started at 26 and ended up at 1 then was met by a customer service agent.

I asked her if she had read my description of the problem and she said "no that wasn't available" and asked me to type it all in again. Oh genius that...

After reading everything she told me that "this has to be escalated to Tier 2 support, please hold"...

I then got put back in the queue at position 20 and was told I had to wait another 20 minutes. Again, at least the queue works, you see it ticking down from position 10 to 9 to 8 and so on.

But the wait was a lot longer - more like 40 minutes - and I kept bouncing from 4 to 3 to 4 and back for a long time, then finally got to 2 and then was bouncing from 2 to 1 to 2 and back for a while too. Bizarre!

So, after 44 minutes I got another customer service agent who fortunately was able to read the chat log from my sesion with her colleague.

After reading my detailed explanation...

She responds with a priceless "so which screen name was blocked for suspicious activity". Screen name? Are we on AOL now?

She then asks me if I use the same email address on all my UO accounts... I think I've answered that one haven't I?

Then she asks me which email address I was trying to put the IP in. Do we have a new feature here that's not been announced? I didn't see anywhere to enter IP information on our new account management site!

*shudders* Honestly, do they know anything?

At this point I am sure she's off seeing if any of my accounts have been banned, which of course is utterly the wrong direction to be looking... but just to help her realise this I tell her that "all my 10 accounts can still log inot the Ultima Online game perfectly"...

The silence is deafening at this point...

75 minutes and counting...

"Well while you were adding the IP address to that account/email it gave you the blocked error correct?"

*screams*

Dude, that's totally messed up.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*screams*

Sounds like it's time to either drink a pint or pop a valium. Sorry you're having such a rough way to go.

L

Legend/Sadden

Re: Cant Access my account. NEED HELP !!

Can somebody help me? I have tried to log into my account stuff and UO is not listed in my games, I cannot find any of my information, I dont know what I am doing wrong. I haven't been able to log in all day, and all of last night. Did my account get lost? Is all my stuff just...gone?!

W

Woodsman

Re: Cant Access my account. NEED HELP !!

Can somebody help me? I have tried to log into my account stuff and UO is not listed in my games, I cannot find any of my information, I dont know what I am doing wrong. I haven't been able to log in all day, and all of last night. Did my account get lost? Is all my stuff just...gone?!
Are you on the main EA site or the https://accounts.eamythic.com/ website?

The main EA site won't show Ultima Online accounts, just purchases like Stygian Abyss.

W

Woodsman

If your Character that is missing was NOT in the 6th Slot I suggest paging a GM in game to let them know immediately.

Hope this helps ease a few peoples minds.... even though my mind isnt at ease lol :fight:
Thank you, will be doing this. My character was not in the 6th slot, it was in the 7th.

Mr.Jingles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
check junkmail for this BioWare Mythic Customer Support
aye yes i have checked there and i looked in 1 other email i have for some other accounts it really wouldnt bother me all that much but its my darn imbuer and that really isnt cool so i figure if enough people holler about it they will fix this goffie problem i would just like to know where this email is i have paged 2 times now and gotten the same message and still havent gotten this emial there talking about

N

Noti(Caci)

Okey i figured it out how it works because of the masteraccount pictures here.
They helped alot.Now my house isnt falling.I had luck.
Thank you to all helpful postings.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My friend called Customer service trying to get account management to accept her credit card in order to keep her accounts renewing. They could not even do it manually at customer service. She just does not know what to do.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Alot of people had this issue.

When you scroll down you will see this box:

http://i52.***********/eju2io.jpg

See the orange button labeled Set Discription? Click on that, it will link all of your information, then you will be able to see the renewal and cancel subscription buttons at the bottom.
I've clicked the Set Description button on three different master accounts and its not working. I have no way of closing or renewing my accounts as of yet.

Anyone else have a different way to get those buttons to show up?