• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration Issues

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Cant Access my account. NEED HELP !!

go to that page..enter the email address associated with your acct, click on forgot password.

THEN you put in your email address and click the send password reset blah blah..check your email.

Click on the link in your email to reset your password.

THEN go back to acct management, enter your email and THAT password you just created to log in.

It will bring you to a *We've noticed you don't have a Master EA Account yet, lets create one for you!*

CLOSE OUT OF THAT you don't have to do that.

Go BACK to Acct management and log in, it will bring you to a page to select persona, secret password hint and secret password, REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD!

Once you're logged in, you *should* get a list of all the UO accounts associated with that email address. In each one, enter the password for that account and click *link*

At the bottom you'll see enter EA Master acct name and password, YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THIS! Just link your accounts, click the *link* button on the bottom and you're done.

THEN at the top right next to were it says Account Management you'll see the user name you selected to log in, and a drop down menu that lists all of your UO accounts.

I tried to upgrade to SA but it gives me *This is an invalid code* So I think some things are still being worked on.

IF you scroll ALL the way down to the bottom, you'll see the info for all of your linked accounts.
OMG My head hurts! *frowns*

So if I have different email addresses on different accounts I have to repeat this procedure for each email address?? I have to create more EA accounts to access my UO account information? OI!

D

Der Rock

Re: WOW! Account Management

I think the account management page needs a new UI - get to work on it Pinco - hehe

(you know your account management website sucks major ass when a UI expert like Pinco can't even figure it out - lol)
LOL yes thats true....its a shame for uo devs again....hope they sleep well atm...

im not want to be unfair, but this uo crap again is speechless......lame lame lame

sometimes it realy looks like they do such things with intend to get rid of the NOT loved uo

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

how many id names ,persona names, passwords, logins do i need??????????????????

D

Der Rock

So if I have different email addresses on different accounts I have to repeat this procedure for each email address?? I have to create more EA accounts to access my UO account information? OI!
i bet warhammer online has 10 000 new subscribers overnight LOL ;)

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That is probably true *laughs* My first time through this I ended up at a warhammer activation screen!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

no, just create 1 account and lik all the uo accounts to them

if you don't find the account on the list just type the data on the bottom (just remember to add "_uo" at the end of every account name)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Unforunatly...yes :/

Which I see as the only downside...and the steps needed to GET to your acct management page do your head in, I agree...lol but once you're IN..it's cake..or pie..whichever lol.

Like I stated in another thread, I think some things are still being worked on, my SA upgrade code keeps coming back as invalid but everything else seems to be working as intended.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those trying to enter codes, something I noticed before I decided I'd had enough of this nonsense for today...I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to enter my gothic/rustic codes, kept trying and finally noticed it was trying to enter them for Warhammer. Seems they didnt do any link testing before they opened the doors back up.:twak:

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

OK I will give it a try. But now that I think of it, maybe I already have one of those EA accounts already! I did manage to get to a Warhammer screen. IS there a way to get to UO from there??

AHHHHHHH..I finally see UO accounts!!! yay!

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: DEV :( where is the manual how to go to acc-management?

How do you change the billing info?

How do you cancel a subscription?

What is this mysterious CS_UO subscription for 2 days?

Argh..

D

Der Rock

go to that page..enter the email address associated with your acct, click on forgot password.

THEN you put in your email address and click the send password reset blah blah..check your email.

Click on the link in your email to reset your password.

THEN go back to acct management, enter your email and THAT password you just created to log in.

It will bring you to a *We've noticed you don't have a Master EA Account yet, lets create one for you!*

CLOSE OUT OF THAT you don't have to do that.

Go BACK to Acct management and log in, it will bring you to a page to select persona, secret password hint and secret password, REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD!

Once you're logged in, you *should* get a list of all the UO accounts associated with that email address. In each one, enter the password for that account and click *link*

At the bottom you'll see enter EA Master acct name and password, YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THIS! Just link your accounts, click the *link* button on the bottom and you're done.

THEN at the top right next to were it says Account Management you'll see the user name you selected to log in, and a drop down menu that lists all of your UO accounts.

I tried to upgrade to SA but it gives me *This is an invalid code* So I think some things are still being worked on.

IF you scroll ALL the way down to the bottom, you'll see the info for all of your linked accounts.
do you find any way to remove linked acc from the main acc ? i think the error is all acc linked to WAR now

L

LordDextonious

Nice... I can only link three of several accounts I have used, or am using at the moment. It doesnt even recognize the important ones....

:yell:

edit: guess it helps if you put "_uo" after your account name. Glad it told me that in the first place.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started the cc client and clicked the Account button on it to go set up an EA Account to update my credit card info. I typed in the required info and clicked continue and just get returned to that same page with the password lines blank. What do I need to do to get it to work? The password was within the size limits.

Calling the customer support number just gets me loud music and a repeating message that the customer who has waited the longest waited 17 minutes with that time spent waiting going up each time it plays.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Nice... I can only link three of several accounts I have used, or am using at the moment. It doesnt even recognize the important ones....

:yell:

edit: guess it helps if you put "_uo" after your account name. Glad it told me that in the first place.
I didn't have to do that. I have 2 email addresses that I used so I had to create an account for each one.

Remember that they MERGED stuff...for the people going OMG I DONT WANT A WARHAMMER ACCOUNT it's all MERGED now..meaning it's all in one place.

http://i53.***********/16c5p1l.jpg

IN that drop down box, EVERY account you have..UO, Warhammer, whatever will be IN That drop down box...just select the account you want to manage and go from there.

T

trader joe

Ummmm what if I have like 20 accounts and some I dont even know the email address of? I have never had to enter a valid email before now.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Character Vanished with Account Migration

The characters are not gone, just hidden.

D

Der Rock

I didn't have to do that. I have 2 email addresses that I used so I had to create an account for each one.

Remember that they MERGED stuff...for the people going OMG I DONT WANT A WARHAMMER ACCOUNT it's all MERGED now..meaning it's all in one place.

IN that drop down box, EVERY account you have..UO, Warhammer, whatever will be IN That drop down box...just select the account you want to manage and go from there.
yep and if i change to another acc the error message apears :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

a bit late now, but what might have helped is to have a graphic like Larissa's for each step of this new process in an easy to understand walk-thru of how to navigate the new page

can't teach old dogs and all that... I've not even attempted it yet, that's how old *I* am!

L

LordDextonious

it only shows me 3 accounts, of the 20 or so I have ever used. I linked about 15 of them already and still can't see them. *grumble*

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The characters are not gone, just hidden.
Either way, you have to hand it to EA. They truly are the King of the F*** Ups when it comes to anything like this.

B

bigpapi

hope so. any idea when they may be unhidden?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

do you find any way to remove linked acc from the main acc ? i think the error is all acc linked to WAR now
Der it's ALL linked together...they MERGED EVERY ACCOUNT..Warhammer, DAoC, UO it's accessable from one page now.

I posted this in another thread...once you get to the main acct. management page, you'll get a drop down menu with all of your EA/Origin accounts, whether they are Warhammer, UO or whatever they are ALL on one page now, just use the drop down menu to access your UO accounts.

T

trader joe

I agree this is all nonsense half my accounts use a catch all email address that just forwards to my mail email address. Like I own my own website so anything sent to it, ie [email protected] comes to my main email....no cluse what the email address on the account is....

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok confusion has set in again! Are they actually asking me to re-subscribe my accounts? I have to remember subscription information??? My accounts are on a 6 month subscription..they all had different account dates!

also 1 UO account did not link even though I thought it said success for all of them.

T

trader joe

Der it's ALL linked together...they MERGED EVERY ACCOUNT..Warhammer, DAoC, UO it's accessable from one page now.

I posted this in another thread...once you get to the main acct. management page, you'll get a drop down menu with all of your EA/Origin accounts, whether they are Warhammer, UO or whatever they are ALL on one page now, just use the drop down menu to access your UO accounts.

All I see there is my origin account name. When I click link account it shows me 5 accounts from YEARS ago probably for boding. There is no way I want to link all my uo accounts to 1 master account. If someone gets pissed and a gm decides he hates me I am sure they will ban every account that is linked instead of just the one..........All I want to do is add a SA upgrade code to my account and add a new credit card!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs were the Hell is all my 6TH Characters gone...The 6th slot as gone

Pretty well pissed off to the max

all my 6th characters are not on the list ON ANY OF THE SHARDS I PLAY when i log in...

WTF HAVE U DONE

Magishine

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering if anyone knows how to retrive the login password for a game login as I cant seem to change ithe password of one of my accounts.

T

trader joe

Even when I made a new mast account, click link accounts they ask for a Mythic Master Account Name and a password....I have no clue what "master" acount any of my uo accounts are under.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Devs were the Hell is all my 6TH Characters gone...The 6th slot as gone

I want the 110/120 skill maxed chars back today please....

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yep and if i change to another acc the error message apears :(
I'm not freaking out saying "OMG"......I am sick, I don't feel well, seriously congested and all I want to do is load a stinkin, freakin, game code....it's that simple......But, lo n behold, it says the codes not valid......why? Because the lame program thinks I am with lamehammer.......click on support, see what pops up, lamehammer's number.

So, einstein, or freud, don't tell me I'm freaking out, ...I'd just assume belt the livin be-jesus outta some twit right now. Calmly, mind you.......

Oh and naturally, customer supports not open, as the mutts advertise.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Even when I made a new mast account, click link accounts they ask for a Mythic Master Account Name and a password....I have no clue what "master" acount any of my uo accounts are under.
You don't need a master EA account.

Once you retrieve a password, click out of the *create a master EA Account* page, go back to the acct management login and log in with the password you just created. It will then ask you to chose a persona, secret code hint and secret code. Once you've done that, a list of all your accts assciated with that email address will be listed. you don't HAVE to link them all, just the ones you want to link.

Also the code system seems to be wonky, I tried to upgrade to SA and at first it said my code was invalid, now it's saying it can't be applied to that account.

Will be getting on the phone here soon to find out what's going on.

tiara1971

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just got word accounts with missing chars, the devs are aware of the situation they are working on getting it fixed... chars are still there but in hiding..

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

NONE of my accounts are linked....

T

trader joe

Even in this pic its WAR character transfer or verify your email to get a title in WAR....umm wrong game!!

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hear ya Der Rock..I am so confused over what it is they want from me! One of my accounts will not link but it doesnt say why. And it seems like they are asking me to resubscribe my accounts..*runs away screaming*

I am going fishing!

T

trader joe

You don't need a master EA account.

Once you retrieve a password, click out of the *create a master EA Account* page, go back to the acct management login and log in with the password you just created. It will then ask you to chose a persona, secret code hint and secret code. Once you've done that, a list of all your accts assciated with that email address will be listed. you don't HAVE to link them all, just the ones you want to link.

Also the code system seems to be wonky, I tried to upgrade to SA and at first it said my code was invalid, now it's saying it can't be applied to that account.

Will be getting on the phone here soon to find out what's going on.

It only lists 5 account and they are all oolllddddd accounts none of the new ones are listed and all my ea accounts use different email address..

Mr.Jingles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My 6th is gone as well I called EA and they told me i need to log in game go to help and page a GM and tell them what happened so my guess is with past experience with this i am screwed on my imbuer

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Just logged all my accounts and all my characters are there 6th and 7th.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

It only lists 5 account and they are all oolllddddd accounts none of the new ones are listed and all my ea accounts use different email address..
You have to create a persona for EACH email address you use...yes it's stupid but it's an extra layer of security which was desperatly needed.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

well all mine are gone along with there pimped out suits and uber gear!!!

post here when we have had the ''revert'' to sort it and i will try again

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question about Accounts not linking

I have a couple of accounts that show up under my EA Master Account but say they cannot be linked. Any help on this?

My only thought is that they might still have my original email on them. That email is long gone. I have tried every password I can think of that I would use and none work. No way to get the password because that old email is no longer in existence. Any help on this?

Do I need to call EA?

Also, do I have to put in my payment instructions now if the account is still active?

Thank you for your time.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

all my 6th chars are gone tooo

Iam ready for the revert when u are Devs!!!!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You have to create a persona for EACH email address you use...yes it's stupid but it's an extra layer of security which was desperatly needed.
no, on the link page you can add the accounts manually...
just enter:
<account name>_uo
password
[LINK]

and here you go :)

L

LordDextonious

customer support is open, (650)628-1001. Just spent another hour of my life I will never get back listening to their hideous static-filled hold music. He told me ultima will be down for a few more days for migration apparently.hich is why I couldn't access my accounts? I don't know, but that's the answer I got. I am able to subscribe though to an account that is down, so maybe all the accounts haven't been added yet.

Blah... Seems like a good way to get an extra month from people who want to shut down for the school season.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Character missing

Still waiting for my uber 6th char to reapear.....gonna be very very very cheeeeeeesed off indeed if it does not along with every single item it had on it!!!!

T

trader joe

This is baaaaad I dont know all the email address I used. I have never needed them before. Half my accounts use a catch all email address that just forwards to my mail email address. Like I own my own website so anything sent to it, ie [email protected] comes to my main email....no cluse what the email address on the account is....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

L

LordDextonious

JUST WAIT IT OUT PEOPLE! DON'T WASTE ANY MORE TIME!

The email response came back in a timely matter...

Thank you for contacting EA Support regarding your log-in issue/inquiry for Ultima Online. As we discussed, I was able to inform you about the recent change that Ultima is going through at this moment. Please wait 2-4 days for everything to be back to normal. Thank you and have a great day.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: Character missing