• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

105-110 Tram 115-120 Fel

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Since when Fel characters can't go to Trammel?
All mine can.
I didn't say they can't. I said they can. Not that that was the point. If you read the context what I was saying was that that Popps who refuses to go to Fel for spawns will quite happily be a hypocrite when approaching the debate from the other side. There is no Doom in Fel so people have to go to a Tram rule set for it. He is ok with Fel players needing to go to Tram but not with Tram players needing to go to Fel even though it is the same principle.

I don't see the problem with either, I have characters for both and do both.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonders if we suit and scroll poops out will he become a quiet player rocking in his rocking chair inflicting his theories on us no more!!!

as he will be pvping that he wishes to be !!!!!!!!

experiment i see in this

think guys to finally to quiet him down

Thanks for the heads up but it would not work :)
I am not speaking out for myself but for the better sake of the game.

Believe it or not, I do am convinced that the current status of PvP relying too much on wealth and modifiers hurts PvP competitiveness and therefore the game overall........

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Noone is forcing anyone to go to tram or fel...
If a person wants to stay on one facet all their UO career then that's fine.

and what are the odds that ALL your chars on your account are red?
That wasn't the context.

UO isn't a career its a game.

What does what colour my characters are (or anyones for that matter) have to do with anything?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Yes, because, at least to my experience, raids are almost always inevitable so Champ Spawns = PvP 99.99% of times unless in really ackward times.
Then I'd have to say your experience is pretty skewed.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then I'd have to say your experience is pretty skewed.

Or perhaps I am that type of player whose daily life allows them to only be able to play the game (for leisure) during prime gaming time and not on off hours ?

But playing the game during prime hours, the way I see it, should NOT become a penalty for players.

Design should somehow compensate so that playing prime time or off hours did not make much of a difference, IMHO.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i dont or rarely pvp
but you are wrong

items to suit out a toon and scrolls gathered by normal game play will do for weekend warriors

by time u learn to play game will have gathered enough to make your favorite toon capable and be also used to interacting with it and game!!! may die but will learn to not die

never since aos has high end gear been more accessible or scrolls for that matter as most long time players have scrolls for there alts and alts of there alts

any thing left to complain about is pure whine game is more player-able than ever with skills easier to gain and houses more abundant and scrolls with binders readily accesible

Believe it or not, I do am convinced that the current status of PvP relying too much on wealth and modifiers hurts PvP competitiveness and therefore the game overall........

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Or perhaps I am that type of player whose daily life allows them to only be able to play the game (for leisure) during prime gaming time and not on off hours ?
The time really isn't relavent, at no time of the day, on any shard, do 100% of spawns get raided.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
suggestion sims , second life, lower civ games!! not tetris as i have heard the blocks speed hack!!!!!!!!!! other options populus !!!!!

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will a mod please close this thread. Its apparent once again popps is arguing for arguing sake alone and regardless of how many facts are stacked against him, the sky is green and the grass is blue because he says so.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still say PS's received in Felucca should only be able to be sold/used there as well. No more bringing them to Trammel to sell on your Luna vendor....Risk V Reward. Players should have to purchase them from Felucca Vendors and then eat them there as well.
I've made this statement many times, and no one ever quotes me or comments. What's wrong? Are you afraid the devs will agree and make it happen? STOP screaming RvR in Felucca, if you're not going to agree that Zurg farmed items should NOT be allowed into Trammel for resale.....

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least trammys have the option to buy PS in tram, if they were only to be sold in fel....even less trammies would have the option to scroll their char if they did not want to adapt to defending theirself and their spawn.

Things are fine the way there are, popps is just being beligerant.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

But playing the game during prime hours, the way I see it, should NOT become a penalty for players.

Design should somehow compensate so that playing prime time or off hours did not make much of a difference, IMHO.
Who have so many more options that you're making out. Make one char and join a guild who deals mainly in champs? Train imbuing up (pretty easy now) and build yourself a top spec suit on the cheap and then attempt some PvP.

You seem to set everything in stone. Every argument you've put forward has been countered and now you're just making youself look silly.

I play on a fairly popular shard and if I'm stupid enough to go to despise in peak time, I expect to be killed, but if I go to Destard for example, me and a friend can start the spawn and kill the champ in 1 hour. How many champs are there? They can't be everywhere at once.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made this statement many times, and no one ever quotes me or comments. What's wrong? Are you afraid the devs will agree and make it happen? STOP screaming RvR in Felucca, if you're not going to agree that Zurg farmed items should NOT be allowed into Trammel for resale.....
Clearly people are ignoring it because its not a sensible idea. I'm going to eat this scroll in my private fel house. So risky!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps:

I see you always arguing about PvP and the way you speak about it is that you know all the problems with it. So the question is, do PvP at all? Do you at least try?

Because you don't need artifacts to PvP, you don't need powerscrolls to PvP (at least 120's, and 110's are dropped on the ground so much and sell for cheap). You don't even need all 70's in resists to PvP. And it's not even hard or expensive to make a suit with all 70's or some 70's and high 60's.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, isn't a sign of dictatorship. Stifle anyone that raises up a topic that might cause discussion for change. Then again I didn't expect much from a group of people that want to monopolize a part of the game and are afraid to give up a tiny little bit.

The more power you give up to the system, the less dynamic the game will be for everyone. If you don't want to fight to get scrolls, it only takes a few mil gold to get what you want by doing stuff in Tram. Even a noob can get that kind of money, all you need to do is attend one shard event and be lucky enough to grab something off the floor, then turn around, sell it for 5-15 mil, and suddenly you're set.

The guys in the OP's camp are looking to give a crutch to a populace of people with working legs, a bunch of lazy people looking to become lazier. Maybe I don't want to do crafting, your side would think, so there should be a way for me to get powder of fortification from loot when I kill certain monsters, right? Maybe maintaining my virtues is too hard, wahh, wahh, so I'll ask for an item that does it for me.

A bunch of cry babies who ask for change usually don't work very hard to get what they desire, just keep making ideas for new wants and keep asking for the next thing they want like a baby at the teet.

So yeah, I'll be a dictator as long as you guys want communism.

S

Smokin

How many times do I have to say this, no one should have to buy anything.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is how it should be.

However I cant believe that that some people think that grinding for 100 of the same 110 PS is a good reward system. How long will it take grinding spawns to get a 120 Magery? 2 years? If that is implemented, it will be almost as stupid as randomized resources. Either drop all PS in Tram, or drop arties only in Tram.

Gold sellers, scriptors and people who sell items for real dollars have ruined this game. The past 4 yrs has shown that catering to the minority only produces more the game is empty threads.

D

Dreamz_imported

In my opinion two things need to happen:

1) Trammel Players: If you want scrolls do like my guild did, get off your lazy butts and get some friends together, work together and defend your champ spawns. If you don't want to get off your butts, then shut up about have to work hard to earn what you want. The world isn't rosy out there, quit trying to live in your magical world where everyone is happy.

2) Felluca Players: Really just shut up about the whole damn Trammel Thing. You guys play there to. Don't deny it, you do. Maybe a handful across the shards don't, but god knows I see enough FL, SL, SUPR, CD and god knows who else on pacific at the luna bank every day. Get over it that you don't have people to pick on. Just shut up, play the game the way you want and quit complaining that Trammel Exists.

But hey, what the hell do I know? I just play a game for a little fun once an awhile.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who have so many more options that you're making out. Make one char and join a guild who deals mainly in champs? Train imbuing up (pretty easy now) and build yourself a top spec suit on the cheap and then attempt some PvP.

You seem to set everything in stone. Every argument you've put forward has been countered and now you're just making youself look silly.

I play on a fairly popular shard and if I'm stupid enough to go to despise in peak time, I expect to be killed, but if I go to Destard for example, me and a friend can start the spawn and kill the champ in 1 hour. How many champs are there? They can't be everywhere at once.

I am not speaking about myself, I have no clue why people reading my posts thinks I am speaking about myself. It's not the case.
I have been playing the game enough to have large housing, enough millions gold to buy what I might need and a collection of 120s to spare plus items, runics and blah blah.

Believe it or not, I am genuinely concerned about new players coming to the game and finding the "catching up" with existing players too lengthy to be willing to bother with it.

Ideally, I'd like new players to be capable of being fit for high end PvP within their 2nd month of playing.

The more players can compete on an even ground, the more challenging and fun PvP in Uo can be.

Existing players would complain that they were loosing their long time advantage obtained over the years ? Irrelevant, IMHO. The game and its well being are far more important, IMHO.

In PvP no player should have the upper hand other than from better combat tactics or more clever usage of special moves/potions (factors all cheaply and readily obtainable by anyone). IMHO, wealth and modifiers should never ever have a saying, at least not in such a determining manner, on who wins what fights in PvP.

That's how I see it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold sellers, scriptors and people who sell items for real dollars have ruined this game. The past 4 yrs has shown that catering to the minority only produces more the game is empty threads.

I agree entirely.

I have been saying it for years that the bad coming from not blocking real money deals for UO pixels was overall worse than whatever good might come from them.

I think that Ultima Online would have been such a much better game, and probably with a lot more players playing it, if any and all deals for UO stuff for real money had been blocked since early on.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Trammel Players: If you want scrolls do like my guild did, get off your lazy butts and get some friends together, work together and defend your champ spawns. If you don't want to get off your butts, then shut up about have to work hard to earn what you want. The world isn't rosy out there, quit trying to live in your magical world where everyone is happy.

Just observing something........
Ultima Online is not the real world, it is a virtual world which can be coded and changed with programming according to the needs.

What I am trying to say, is that all of the difficulties existing in the real world in a virtual world can find much easier (and faster) solutions thanking to programming.
Sure, there are limits to what currently can be coded into a virtual world, no doubts, but on average it is easier to make adjustments to a virtual world than to a real world.

So, making parallels between the real and a virtual environment I see it as pointless since the 2 things are not only entirely different, but their purposes are also different.
A virtual world existing for leisure is there to entertain its inhabitants.

I do not know others, but I play the game to relax from my real life and spend my extra time which my real life allows me to, doing something to evade from my real life. If I want stress, I have my real life for that.
I play games to relax and entertain, not to get stressed out.

C

Connor_Graham

No one needs to buy anything now. There's nothing stopping anyone from going and doing a Fel champ but themselves. If you approach the game with a defeatist attitude it will beat you every time.

To no one in particular-

Whining on Stratics is NOT considered PvP, or any other type of gameplay. Trying to obtain objects in game by complaining here does nothing to achieve the desired result except to point out to everyone those whom the game has beaten due to their own approach to it.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our desire is just to make a game more fun, for the majority of players who are casual players.

As Nancy Reagon said, "Just Say No". When you dont have to play everyday, maybe you can claim you have beaten the "game".

T

Trebr Drab

Trying to obtain objects in game by complaining here does nothing to achieve the desired result except to point out to everyone those whom the game has beaten due to their own approach to it.
Well, if the game forces players to play a way that they don't want to, who wins that? Huh? :lol:
Arguments like this are a bit ridiculous.
Telling players they have to kiss the arse of PKers, bend their knee to them, to pay them one way or another, in blood play or gold, to finish skilling up their characters is ridiculous.

C

Connor_Graham

Well, if the game forces players to play a way that they don't want to, who wins that? Huh? :lol:
Then you find another way to accomplish the same goal. This is no different than someone that doesn't want to craft and work the bod system to get runics, yet no one seems to have a problem with earning gold to buy them or runic crafted gear. What's ridiculous are the arguments against actually playing the game to get what you want, in one way or another, instead of using hypocritical arguments on Stratics to try and prove a point. Hypocrites never prosper.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For crying out loud. People make it sound like 3 people in all of UO control the entire powerscroll market. No one person is making 300 mill a week off powerscrolls while nobody else makes anything. Think about these big guilds people cry about. They are among the biggest groups of players in UO. What does that mean? It means large numbers of people that work together very often against other large groups for a common cause in which the wealth is distributed by many players. Its the people complaining about getting pked that are complaining because they cant solo spawns without getting raided. There is nothing wrong with rewards for large guilds. Solo people can and do spawns but even like the large groups they are not guarnteed success everytime out. Try to solo a spawn in an off the track area, make a thief, join with other groups of players that like to spawn or buy them in Trammel. For the final time, nothing keeps any player from getting a powerscroll unless they are to stubborn to do any of the above. One last thing, there are alot of people in this game that like to kill other players and be killed by other players. Every player that kills other players gets killed themselves. Its what these players like to do, dont take it so personal that you get pked, its a game, it just so happens the pvp side of it is unpredictable, exciting, and takes lots of practice. People need to stop crying about it especially when 90 precent of the game has a repetetive and consequence free ruleset in which players can farm and do things in safety till thier hearts content.

S

Sunchicken

LOL I just had this hilarious mental picture of groups of pvpers in identical clothes and armor goose-stepping about fel. Not that the pvp community could ever get that organized or go more than 3 whole seconds without attacking each other! Still...LMAO!
Aparrently we can because if we couldnt people wouldnt be crying about not being able to get their own powerscrolls....

T

Trebr Drab

Then you find another way to accomplish the same goal. This is no different than someone that doesn't want to craft and work the bod system to get runics, yet no one seems to have a problem with earning gold to buy them or runic crafted gear. What's ridiculous are the arguments against actually playing the game to get what you want, in one way or another, instead of using hypocritical arguments on Stratics to try and prove a point. Hypocrites never prosper.
In case you've missed it, I've pretty often complained also about the runic situation. That falls into the lap of "powergamers" who dominate UO, just as the Powergamer PKers who have all the niceties of items to dominate in PvP. Trades in UO have suffered, and only the few prosper. The few powergamers who have the time, or the scripts, to spend on a very time consuming system. Outside Luna and the immediate area, there are few player vendors left. It's nothing like it used to be, where almost all players had vendors and the UO economy thrived between all players.

I've also complained about the extremes of power differential that came with items. This affects both the PvP and Trade skills.

All of this, ALL of it, affects how new players accept or not playing UO farther. It's bad business in a Sandbox game. It separates players, every bit as much as the level grinds like EQ and WoW. And that's BAD !

And still, there's you "elite" UO players who don't want to give up your status as, you know, "elite". Your godalmighty "I'm special in a MMO" position. Then there's still others, judging by the amounts of UO gold and items for sale on the internet, who have that reason for wanting to continue this status system.

And all while UO suffers because of it. You people, you don't care about the game. You care about yourselves. And I'm Fing tired of it. The greatest game there ever was, and you people want to see it continue to suffer, for your own "glory", or money, or whatever. Your own goddamn greed.

P.S. And it's funny, Connor_Graham, that you should have forgotten that I've complained about all these situations many times in the past. Funny, because you are always there to argue with me about it. Always.

T

Trebr Drab

You know when I stopped PvPing? When they first initiated these items/weapons with the special moves. I was a stealth archer, and this fell right into my lap. I was in a roleplay battle between two guilds on the small Isle next to Skara. I was dominating the battle. Using Armor Ignore, I was laying waste to the other players. It wasn't fair at all. So then I switched bows and hid in the middle of the Isle, and whenever I saw an enemy running from 2 or 3 of my companions I para'd them, and let my compatriots run them down and kill them. Again it wasn't fair or balanced. That's when I knew that this new system was going to be big trouble for UO and it's players, except for those who can always maintain a post at the top.

Mal'Agast can attest to this, as we talked about it on our forums, if he/she remembers and still isn't p.o.ed with me for being "mossy".

I'm trying to get across that UO needs some changes for the good of the game and all it's players, not just the few.

C

Connor_Graham

And still, there's you "elite" UO players who don't want to give up your status as, you know, "elite". Your godalmighty "I'm special in a MMO" position. Then there's still others, judging by the amounts of UO gold and items for sale on the internet, who have that reason for wanting to continue this status system.
When I first started playing UO, I was working 70-80 hours a week, playing for maybe an hour or 2 at night, with a few hours on weekends when I wasn't working, yet after 3 months, and 1 in game event, I'd earned enough gold and items to buy or trade for enough scrolls to scroll out 3 characters, and this when gold and items still had value. You don't have to be "elite" or a powergamer to get PS's or anything else in this game, you just have to set your mind to accomplishing a goal, then do what it takes to do so. Anything else is just an excuse.

The story is "The Little Engine That Could" not "The Little Engine That Complained On the Internet To Get What It Wanted". It's "I think I can, I think I can" not "Complain until someone gives in". :rant2:

T

Trebr Drab

When I first started playing UO, I was working 70-80 hours a week, playing for maybe an hour or 2 at night, with a few hours on weekends when I wasn't working, yet after 3 months, and 1 in game event, I'd earned enough gold and items to buy or trade for enough scrolls to scroll out 3 characters, and this when gold and items still had value. You don't have to be "elite" or a powergamer to get PS's or anything else in this game, you just have to set your mind to accomplishing a goal, then do what it takes to do so. Anything else is just an excuse.

The story is "The Little Engine That Could" not "The Little Engine That Complained On the Internet To Get What It Wanted". It's "I think I can, I think I can" not "Complain until someone gives in". :rant2:
I don't care. Something good happened for you, most likely that one in game event, or maybe help from others who could show you exactly the right way to go about it. But the fact is, most players do not find things happen for them this way. Maybe it's their choices of play style, maybe they just didn't know how. Whatever the reasons, there should not be a situation where some players dominate the game. And that's what we have. And that's what's hurting UO.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't care. Something good happened for you, most likely that one in game event, or maybe help from others who could show you exactly the right way to go about it. But the fact is, most players do not find things happen for them this way. Maybe it's their choices of play style, maybe they just didn't know how. Whatever the reasons, there should not be a situation where some players dominate the game. And that's what we have. And that's what's hurting UO.
So you are saying what is hurting UO is players who chose the wrong play style, dont know how to play, and refuse to adapt and learn?

I AGREE!

Stop crying and listen to everyones advice here and you would have powerscrolls within a week. Farm ingredients if champ spawns are too dangerous for you, then sell them, after a week you could buy any scrolls you wanted. Then I would like to see you go do champ spawns since you are not a non scrolled character anymore and thats what gets you killed in fel all the time. I think after a week of being scrolled out you would be back on here crying about something else.

C

Connor_Graham

I don't care.
Of course not, proof that it can be done would prove your argument wrong. We can't have that now can we?

Something good happened for you, most likely that one in game event, or maybe help from others who could show you exactly the right way to go about it.
The only help I got was a gm crafted suit of armor and a GM crafted kryss, and this well after the age of AoS when GM crafted armor was outdated. The only good thing that happened to me was me setting my mind to accomplishing my goal. So I set my mind to it, and it happened. Funny how that works out. I bet anyone could do it if they decided they wanted it to.

C

Coragin

Only got time for a quick reply here and then I gotta finish reading where I left off lol.

But I was thinking last night. Normally with any champ spawn Tram or Fel you will not get a replica if you only kill the champ and didnt work the rest of the spawn.

Why not just make it the same way with power scrolls? If you didnt work the spawn up, you wont get a scroll for killing the champ. I am sure that would help even out the risk. Most Fel players claim to like the thrill of raiding and such. So, why make it so easy for them to just come in kill 3 or 4 Trammies who just popped the boss and get 12 scrolls? Make the same rules that apply to replicas, apply to power scrolls.

And the point that was trying to be made earlier...

Trammies who cannot pvp but can pvm well have no choice but to buy scrolls.
On the other hand, pvpers I would say all, can pvm and pvp well.
So while they may have a red in Fel stuck there, they still have a blue to farm doom with. Thus giving them both. Because I can tell you, pvp is much harder than pvm and not cut out for everyone. So if you can pvp you can definetly pvm. But just because you can pvm dont mean you can pvp.

So 105 and 110 dropping in tram is not a big deal.

Another alternative, let ANY ps drop in tram, but they cannot be traded. So you can only use them for the char who killed to get them.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case you've missed it, I've pretty often complained also about the runic situation. That falls into the lap of "powergamers" who dominate UO, just as the Powergamer PKers who have all the niceties of items to dominate in PvP. Trades in UO have suffered, and only the few prosper. The few powergamers who have the time, or the scripts, to spend on a very time consuming system. Outside Luna and the immediate area, there are few player vendors left. It's nothing like it used to be, where almost all players had vendors and the UO economy thrived between all players.

This is very very true, IMHO.

I do remember before a certain search utility when a lot more player vendor houses all over where visited.

Now, it is most always only Luna or Zento and if one does not have a house there then forget about selling anything.....

And yet, years go by and the developers do not make a change to bring the benefit back to all of the players, not just a small minority of them.

All of this, ALL of it, affects how new players accept or not playing UO farther. It's bad business in a Sandbox game. It separates players, every bit as much as the level grinds like EQ and WoW. And that's BAD !

My same thinking !

And all while UO suffers because of it. You people, you don't care about the game. You care about yourselves. And I'm Fing tired of it. The greatest game there ever was, and you people want to see it continue to suffer, for your own "glory", or money, or whatever. Your own goddamn greed.

Well, it would only take a few changes to the game to end those exclusive, dominant positions of a few players which, it is also my thinking, hurt the game, overall.
Question is, how long before we see some changes to the game ?

I know, imbuing, faction items, it's a start, but they have only barely scratched the dominant positions, not really touched them. There still is a gap because the finish line was just pushed forward for everybody, IMHO. Those with the most wealth still are much ahead AND, stay much ahead of the PvP game.

This is the wall that needs to be torn down, the need of wealth to stay ahead of the PvP game. When PvP will finally be cheap and open to everyone regardless of the suit and weapon they have, then we will finally be able to see some highly competitive and open up PvP in Ultima Online for everyone.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Exactly.

What the Developers should most care about, IMHO, is NOT that 1 happy ending, but the hundreds of unhappy endings which result in new players move onto other games........

I do not want Ultima Online to be a niche game of survivors from the harshness of being a new player at it...... I do not want it to be a game with only a handfull of players who endured their difficult beginnings and survived.

I want Ultima Online to thrive with players as it once was, I want to walk in towns and see players all over as there used to be.

But in order to see this, I think we need to hold new players dearly as a special gift to the game, not someone to pkill and have fun with.....

That's at least my point of view.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you are saying what is hurting UO is players who chose the wrong play style, dont know how to play, and refuse to adapt and learn?

I AGREE!

Stop crying and listen to everyones advice here and you would have powerscrolls within a week. Farm ingredients if champ spawns are too dangerous for you, then sell them, after a week you could buy any scrolls you wanted. Then I would like to see you go do champ spawns since you are not a non scrolled character anymore and thats what gets you killed in fel all the time. I think after a week of being scrolled out you would be back on here crying about something else.

What hurts UO, as I see it, is the fact that in the game it is possible to gank, speed hack, build suits with extremely high modifiers and so on.

If ganking was made not possible, if fights revolved around cheap tactics available to everyone and not exclusive gear and weaponry, then perhaps a lot more players would enjoy adventuring in Felucca to PvP........

just a thought............

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to PvM for artifacts, please make them available to me for 25gp from the provisioner, thanks.

I have a much better idea, make combat only marginally rely on modifiers.

That is, make any and all items, armor, weapons loose all of their appeal, overnight.

And make combat, at least in PvP, depend on tactics used in combat and special moves, period. Things widely available to everyone AND darn cheap.

Make combat skill what matters to win.

Probem solved, noone will have the upper hand in PvP any longer AND, all players engaging into PvP will finally be playing from an evened out position.

S

Smokin

No one needs to buy anything now. There's nothing stopping anyone from going and doing a Fel champ but themselves. If you approach the game with a defeatist attitude it will beat you every time.

To no one in particular-

Whining on Stratics is NOT considered PvP, or any other type of gameplay. Trying to obtain objects in game by complaining here does nothing to achieve the desired result except to point out to everyone those whom the game has beaten due to their own approach to it.
The is nothing stopping anyone from going to do a Fel champ themselves, excuse me but there is a ton of things that is stopping people. Lets see cheating programs this is number one on the list, finding a group willing to go and skilled enough to go (because you have to have that). Not to mention you have to get along with all those people. Next is not having the scrolled out chars to compete, or the items to compete, several players do not have knowledge and skill or creativity to compete. This is just the short list.

Now if you remember how champs where done before AoS or wait you started after so no you don't. Anyways things were a lot easier then, at least in the way of no one controlling a spawn and maybe in the fact that there were many more players. Many other aspects were extremely hard and challenging.

As for to no one in particular thing.

I am going to answer this cause I am pretty sure your directing it at me, the game has not beaten me. Its a game where you can not lose. Although it seems you think you can win, and you seem to think you have won it now within 3 months after AoS. I guess you can stop playing and leave now, and honestly after reading many of your post I feel you should.

X

XavierGL

Since most of my chars are reds now have I ever once came on stratics and cried all over my keyboard because I can't goto tram?? Or I keep getting guard wacked by blues or that I can buy nothing from vendors?? Nope not once, so the one thing the silly trammies can't do and it gets tosed onto stratics so they can make everyone feel sorry for you. WELL SUCK IT UP LADIES!!!!! Tell you what go back to the days I started and there was no tram, it was either adapt, run or fight... and well you could quit. So if you buy a game for your computer do you write the companies because there is something your not skilled enough or too big of a chicken **** to try???

Well how about you all grow a set, and stop crying if your pixles die because OMG that would just suck seeing your screen go grey.....

Dam I wish once a month reds could come to tram and kill all your silly cry baby ass's then really give you something to cry about. Thanks and have a nice day

S

Smokin

Since most of my chars are reds now have I ever once came on stratics and cried all over my keyboard because I can't goto tram?? Or I keep getting guard wacked by blues or that I can buy nothing from vendors?? Nope not once, so the one thing the silly trammies can't do and it gets tosed onto stratics so they can make everyone feel sorry for you. WELL SUCK IT UP LADIES!!!!! Tell you what go back to the days I started and there was no tram, it was either adapt, run or fight... and well you could quit. So if you buy a game for your computer do you write the companies because there is something your not skilled enough or too big of a chicken **** to try???

Well how about you all grow a set, and stop crying if your pixles die because OMG that would just suck seeing your screen go grey.....

Dam I wish once a month reds could come to tram and kill all your silly cry baby ass's then really give you something to cry about. Thanks and have a nice day
And this is one of the reasons people do not like Fel atleast now that is, honestly no one cares about dieing in the game. Its just monster don't talk crap.

C

Connor_Graham

The is nothing stopping anyone from going to do a Fel champ themselves, excuse me but there is a ton of things that is stopping people. Lets see cheating programs this is number one on the list, finding a group willing to go and skilled enough to go (because you have to have that). Not to mention you have to get along with all those people. Next is not having the scrolled out chars to compete, or the items to compete, several players do not have knowledge and skill or creativity to compete. This is just the short list.
I've got an even shorter list of the one thing that you either forgot, or conveniently left off-

-Join a champ spawn guild and go with a group that's already running them.

Don't like the guilds that are out there? Then do what they did and put a guild of your own together. Every guild had to start with 1 person setting a goal and doing something to attain it. Every PvP'r was a "noob" at one point or another, so being one yourself is nothing new in the game.

There. Problem solved, and no, I wasn't directing anything at you or anyone else in particular unless what I had to say applied. That's up to you to decide.

Additionally, as has been said time and time again, there's always the option to buy or trade goods or services for the scrolls. They're there for anyone to go out and get them. Deciding that you don't want to PvP is a personal choice in what you want to do in the game, not something the only reward PvP'rs have should have taken away.

E

Eyes of Origin

Ugh I just scrolled down from where I left off yesterday, reading a lil of each post. =/
I cant read it anymore, but my opinion stands...

you want powerscrolls? learn how to get them.

learn when to spawn and when not to spawn, learn how to pvp decently enough to hold your spawns if you choose to spawn at a peak time.
learn how to gather items and sell them so you can buy powerscrolls, if you refuse to go to fel...

scrolls belong in fel, period end of story, stop whining already.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what lots of people need to remember is that there are plenty of spawns in T2A where you're a lot less likely to get invaded at. Obviously if you are doing the despise one you will most likely get raided. Same with a number of the ones in Fel.

Try the T2A spawns. Bring up a map and just take a minute to consider which one looks like it is out of the way, a nice isolated one and just try it. Or if you want to go one step better, find a down-time in PvP when a lot less people are on! I know of a nice isolated on that you have to boat your way to that I see frequented by trammies who rarely, if ever, get raided.

People get so wrapped up in the fear of of PvP and the fear of losing...their insurance gold...that it never occurs to them that they don't always keep a tab on every friggin spawn on the shard.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I turned in a few secures full of powerscrolls during the clean up - not one was paid for or fought for. That was just IDOC loot. Those of you who really have an issue with PvPers? Go loot their houses - problem solved!

I've lost track of the number of 110's I picked off the floor, sometimes at the champs themselves.

My thief stole for a bit - my char wears newbie clothes only - no uber gear. The only powerscroll she used was a stealing one and that's not necessary to obtain powerscrolls. Guess that messes with the theory that you need to be godlike to get your own....

Oh and my crafter's had several donations including a secure full of scrolls simply for being a helpful alchemist making kegs to order. Yeah, who'd have thought there were nice PvPers - shocking really...

To be more serious, you do not need an uber kitted out scrolled up char with cheat software to get powerscrolls. Or any item in UO. What you do need to equip is a positive attitude and a little bit of determination to achieve your goals. Then, almost as if by magic you'll start working towards figuring out your plan and achieving it. If you can't fight there are several options open to you right now.

And um, what's with the "I'm not buying from PvPers" nonsense. You can't tell who obtained scrolls or indeed any shop stock. You might be avoiding scrolls obtained by a Tram guilld who do group hunts, then buying arties from a PvPer who merchants on the side. What about other items you buy, do you check the merchants aren't PvPers or that they're nice first? I think it would be kinda crazy to avoid buying a 2 mil scroll then go spend 10 mil on an artifact obtained from the same person.

Wenchy

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-Join a champ spawn guild and go with a group that's already running them.

Don't like the guilds that are out there? Then do what they did and put a guild of your own together. Every guild had to start with 1 person setting a goal and doing something to attain it. Every PvP'r was a "noob" at one point or another, so being one yourself is nothing new in the game.

There. Problem solved, and no, I wasn't directing anything at you or anyone else in particular unless what I had to say applied. That's up to you to decide.

I am afraid problem is NOT soilved.
Aside from all of the other problems inbalancing PvP, especially in between new players and experienced players, there is the issue of all the rest used in PvP.
Did you by any chance read the thread about PvP, scripts and GE potions ? And that is only 1 of the issues in PvP, there is quite a few more.......

Bottom line is, the status of PvP in this game is really a disaster, whichever way I see it.

It is such a deterrant to players that I am flabbergasted that treating the problems that PvP has in UO, has not yet been addressed comprehensively by Developers as an absolute priority for the better sake of the game. Here and there sometimes comes a small fix but the vast majority of problems, inbalances, hacks, scripts stays plaguing PvP.

As PvP is today, with all the problems plaguing it, I don't doubt for a split second that players may want to stay the hell away from it, and the farther the better..........

There should be a patch only and totally about fixing all issues in PvP in this game, and it should come at the very soonest to cure what is plaguing this very important part of the game.

Yet, I seem to keep waiting for it to come and I wait, I wait, I wait....................

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you say pvp is a disaster when you don't do it? They can "fix" all the bugs and whatever else there is. But it will still come down to those who takes the time to learn how to use their templates effectively and gets the gear to compliment them.

Champs aren't raided 100% of the time. Quite pancakes about not being able to do them and actually DO THEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.