• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

105-110 Tram 115-120 Fel

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coragin

PS problem fixed.

And the good thing here is Fel will ONLY give 115 or 120, no more 105 and 110. Thus increasing the amount of actual useable ps from fel and if tram want them, they need to use binders which will take a long long time to get a 120. 6 per spawn, hoping on the right ones, 10 or so to make a 110 a 115 and another 10 of them for a 120.

Fel would get a big boost in PS, would take the following for tram to have a good one...

for a 120 would need 100 110's or 200 105's

for a 120 in fel

have it drop...

10 115's

oh I forgot to mention 105 and 110 still drop from champ spawn itself, like the fodder leading up to the champ. The champ itself would only drop 115 and 120. In fel only.

Now that gives a reason to do fel champs cause you will for sure get 115 and 120 and tram champs arent 100% useless.

Up replica drops by 10-20% in Fel too.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorta disagree with most, but a just 115 and 120's from fell boss would be somewhat funner but yea up the replica drop, only thing really agree with

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there isn't a PS problem ... and if you're on Origin, only problem I can see is not enough people play Origin. not as many vendors there. but also, can't see how it's hard for anyone there to do their own spawns and get their own scrolls.

plus, if you gave 12 115-120s per spawn every time in fel, the market would quickly saturate. why would anyone want 105-110s then? you'd just make scrolls worthless with this plan, which would kill Fel more, no thank you. man up, and get your scrolls in fel, or pay.

if anything, think about a rare +5 stat scroll drop for tram, but honestly, until Mythic figures out something for people in Fel to do other than powerscrolls, keep them in Fel, because other than factions, which largely sucks (towns should not get reset, there should be some real sand boxing there and some control) there isn't enough to do in Fel as it is, while there are so many ways to make money in Tram to buy the Fel scrolls it's not even funny. anyone who supports a Tram scroll idea is basically scared or lazy. sorry, but it's the truth.

C

Connor_Graham

Nope. There's nothing broken with PS's now, so there's nothing to be fixed.

PS's stay in Fel. If you want one, either go and get it yourself, or sell/trade another commodity for what you want. Either way ends up with the same result.

C

Coragin

Why is everyone assuming I dont goto Fel? Is this a trend if anyone wants to change anything for the community as a whole? I never said I dont goto Fel, I never said I dont do champs in Fel, I never said I dont pvp. Yes I am on Origin and a few other servers, yes Im in a guild on Origin, yes we pvp, yes we do champ spawns, yes I have all my char scrolled out. This has nothing to do with me and I dont know why whenever anyone makes a suggestion most other fel players jump on the "goto fel <insert what they think you want here>". PS for me isint the case, going to Fel is not a problem for me, being that my guild has done champ spawns non stop for a whole day and night. I am not concerned nor am I afraid of Fel.

The suggestions I propose is from seeing Luna, talking to players and seeing prices on scroll of 10-25 million is insane and I know in most cases it is a single group or guild reaping all the benefits.

People are always talking about forcing tram playstyle on them. I agree, dont force tram playstyle on people who like to pvp. I dont like to pvp, but I do, its a job of everyone in a guild as such as mine.

But, arent we 'forcing' a playstyle on people who do not like to pvp in the way of powerscrolls? We are forcing them to etiehr come to fel as in-expirenced pvp'rs and get killed. Or we are forcing them to farm insane amounts of gold to buy the scrolls. In my mind, especially being I have always had the uncanny ability to take a step back and look at the whole picture, we are forcing the pvp or farming playstyle on anyone who dont live to pvp. Am I wrong? Are we not forcing them to either learn to pvp or farm endlessly for a ton of gold?

To me, it just dont seem fair. I mean lets compare here...

Trams who dont goto Fel or pvp:
a. Can farm Arties and Marties
b. Can farm gold

Fels who can pvp have these options:
a. Farm Fel champs (or kill/raid for them)
b. Farm anywhere in Fel they please for gold.
c. Farm for Arties in Tram as well.

Seems to me fel pvpers have a larger scope of making money and do in fact have a monopoly on a large part of the uoverse. Because if you can pvp you can pvm just as well. But if you can pvm that dont mean you can pvp at all. So a pvp can always goto tram at will and not really have to change how they play and farm anything they wish. So pvp Fel'rs can do both, farm both facets, but tram pvm'ers are stuck with farming one. Pvp dont have to learn how to farm in pvm, but trams do in fact have to learn to pvp. Thus playstyle being forced upon them.

I think this is a big problem and I am sure there are others who agree, some might be afraid to speak up because they are afraid to get slammed on. Well I will when I see there is an inbalance and my friends, I am looking at the whole picture here not just for me or whatever. I know most of you do not have the ability to look at the big picture as it isint in human nature to do that. Its not a fault, its normal. Thats why not everyone is cut out to be president or a leader of a community of people. But I can tell you right now, the inbalance is indeed real, it should imo be addresed.

The two biggest fears of any pvp'r/fel player who are against this can be one or both of the following...

1. Losing their gold income because scrolls can be gotten in Tram.
2. Losing the ability to kill Trammies trying to get scrolls who cant pvp. Thus making it easier to do number one.

That is the only two downsides for Fel pvpers. However, pvp should be about pvp, not about items. The only other thing I can think of to even it out more is this...

1. You can not loot players you kill, you only get insurance.
2. Take the cursed tag away from PS and keep them in fel.

You want more people in Fel like I do? You need to sacrifice something. All pvpers say the same thing, its the challenge. I tell you right now my friends, it is not about the challenge and that is complete BS, any pvper who says that is lying flat the f out. The challenge may be part of why they pvp, a VERY SMALL part. But I will say with 100% certainty that the biggest reason they pvp is easy gold and items. IF it werent you would not see so many gank squads.

So, I still stand by what I say, Tram spawns having 105 and 110 scrolls dont hurt fel at all. If anything it keeps real pvpers here. I dont know about you but I find nothing rewarding about killing someone who dont have a clue how to pvp.

Then again, I could be posting all this stuff cause I like to ruffle the feathers of people and I get a kick out it. Cause we all gotta have hobbies right?

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel is pretty much Jurassic Park.
Soon we'll take your kids there and throw peanuts at reds trapped over there :lol:

C

CatLord

Then again, I could be posting all this stuff cause I like to ruffle the feathers of people and I get a kick out it. Cause we all gotta have hobbies right?
Brother... you got me there.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mixed feelings. I'd definitely won't complain if this is done.

I'd just use a scroll binder to turn all my 110s to a 120. It'll be slow but I'll get there. No more sneaky champ spawn runs at odd hours.

But it might hurt the Fel population further.

Of course, a way to mitigate this issue might be to ensure that the Tram PS cannot be used on with a scroll binder.

G

Gowron

power scroll system isn't broke, and this post is just a troll to get people pancakes one way or the other.

E

Eyes of Origin

Powerscrolls belong in Fel, period, end of story.

Secondly, if you want to buy a 120 Magery off a vendor because you dont ever go to Fel and try to get one yourself, then damn skippy you should be paying 22mil for it or whatever the current price is.

The prices are pretty much the same across the shards. 120 Magery is selling for roughly 20mil, where as a year ago they were selling for 11mil. It fluctuates, but you pay the price or you go spawn yourself.

You always pay more for things you don't get yourself and someone else has to take the risk to get.

J

jfkeach

Yeah it's broke.

I go to fel more than I go to tram. I can't remember the last Tram Dungeon I was in. I do champs in fel. And we get raided. Right at the end when we are dealing with last level of spawn, out of no where Red's pop up and kill you while you are fighting spawn.

If they dont use speed hacks and multi spell casting, they work together like wolves and 3-4 take you down one at a time. How do you compete with Reds that stack stats or exceed Skill levels? Something is broke of Mythic wouldnt be trying to fix it. Just too little, too late for my opinion.

I have a chest with Champ skulls. Do u think i will ever summon a harrower again? Heck no.

E

Eyes of Origin

Yeah it's broke.

I go to fel more than I go to tram. I can't remember the last Tram Dungeon I was in. I do champs in fel. And we get raided. Right at the end when we are dealing with last level of spawn, out of no where Red's pop up and kill you while you are fighting spawn.

If they dont use speed hacks and multi spell casting, they work together like wolves and 3-4 take you down one at a time. How do you compete with Reds that stack stats or exceed Skill levels? Something is broke of Mythic wouldnt be trying to fix it. Just too little, too late for my opinion.

I have a chest with Champ skulls. Do u think i will ever summon a harrower again? Heck no.
No offense, but just because you cant defend your spawns from invaders, doesnt mean that scrolls should be available at Ilish and Tok spawns.

C

Connor_Graham

Why is everyone assuming I dont goto Fel? Is this a trend if anyone wants to change anything for the community as a whole? I never said I dont goto Fel, I never said I dont do champs in Fel, I never said I dont pvp. Yes I am on Origin and a few other servers, yes Im in a guild on Origin, yes we pvp, yes we do champ spawns, yes I have all my char scrolled out. This has nothing to do with me and I dont know why whenever anyone makes a suggestion most other fel players jump on the "goto fel <insert what they think you want here>". PS for me isint the case, going to Fel is not a problem for me, being that my guild has done champ spawns non stop for a whole day and night. I am not concerned nor am I afraid of Fel.

The suggestions I propose is from seeing Luna, talking to players and seeing prices on scroll of 10-25 million is insane and I know in most cases it is a single group or guild reaping all the benefits.

People are always talking about forcing tram playstyle on them. I agree, dont force tram playstyle on people who like to pvp. I dont like to pvp, but I do, its a job of everyone in a guild as such as mine.

But, arent we 'forcing' a playstyle on people who do not like to pvp in the way of powerscrolls? We are forcing them to etiehr come to fel as in-expirenced pvp'rs and get killed. Or we are forcing them to farm insane amounts of gold to buy the scrolls. In my mind, especially being I have always had the uncanny ability to take a step back and look at the whole picture, we are forcing the pvp or farming playstyle on anyone who dont live to pvp. Am I wrong? Are we not forcing them to either learn to pvp or farm endlessly for a ton of gold?

To me, it just dont seem fair. I mean lets compare here...

Trams who dont goto Fel or pvp:
a. Can farm Arties and Marties
b. Can farm gold

Fels who can pvp have these options:
a. Farm Fel champs (or kill/raid for them)
b. Farm anywhere in Fel they please for gold.
c. Farm for Arties in Tram as well.

Seems to me fel pvpers have a larger scope of making money and do in fact have a monopoly on a large part of the uoverse. Because if you can pvp you can pvm just as well. But if you can pvm that dont mean you can pvp at all. So a pvp can always goto tram at will and not really have to change how they play and farm anything they wish. So pvp Fel'rs can do both, farm both facets, but tram pvm'ers are stuck with farming one. Pvp dont have to learn how to farm in pvm, but trams do in fact have to learn to pvp. Thus playstyle being forced upon them.

I think this is a big problem and I am sure there are others who agree, some might be afraid to speak up because they are afraid to get slammed on. Well I will when I see there is an inbalance and my friends, I am looking at the whole picture here not just for me or whatever. I know most of you do not have the ability to look at the big picture as it isint in human nature to do that. Its not a fault, its normal. Thats why not everyone is cut out to be president or a leader of a community of people. But I can tell you right now, the inbalance is indeed real, it should imo be addresed.

The two biggest fears of any pvp'r/fel player who are against this can be one or both of the following...

1. Losing their gold income because scrolls can be gotten in Tram.
2. Losing the ability to kill Trammies trying to get scrolls who cant pvp. Thus making it easier to do number one.

That is the only two downsides for Fel pvpers. However, pvp should be about pvp, not about items. The only other thing I can think of to even it out more is this...

1. You can not loot players you kill, you only get insurance.
2. Take the cursed tag away from PS and keep them in fel.

You want more people in Fel like I do? You need to sacrifice something. All pvpers say the same thing, its the challenge. I tell you right now my friends, it is not about the challenge and that is complete BS, any pvper who says that is lying flat the f out. The challenge may be part of why they pvp, a VERY SMALL part. But I will say with 100% certainty that the biggest reason they pvp is easy gold and items. IF it werent you would not see so many gank squads.

So, I still stand by what I say, Tram spawns having 105 and 110 scrolls dont hurt fel at all. If anything it keeps real pvpers here. I dont know about you but I find nothing rewarding about killing someone who dont have a clue how to pvp.
Since most of this is wrong I won't even bother responding to it. I'll just point you to the posts I made in the last thread that suggested changes to PS's.

And uncanny ability? Yeah, sure, whatever you need to tell yourself to make yourself feel better.

Or you could just have no clue whatsoever. I think this is more likely.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Powerscrolls belong in Fel, period, end of story.

Secondly, if you want to buy a 120 Magery off a vendor because you dont ever go to Fel and try to get one yourself, then damn skippy you should be paying 22mil for it or whatever the current price is.

The prices are pretty much the same across the shards. 120 Magery is selling for roughly 20mil, where as a year ago they were selling for 11mil. It fluctuates, but you pay the price or you go spawn yourself.

You always pay more for things you don't get yourself and someone else has to take the risk to get.
People shouldn't farm the scrolls and then take them off shard either, Morgaine!
People on Origin have less of a chance at buying scrolls from vendors because of this practice.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soo funny. Powerscrolls are so 2004. It's amusing people still care about them. It's amusing you have to PvM to get them. They suck and need to be replaced with something else and given to the trammies. How about a real pvp reward?

J

jfkeach

No offense, but just because you cant defend your spawns from invaders, doesnt mean that scrolls should be available at Ilish and Tok spawns.
No offense.. because I don't elect to use hacks or cheats means typically I don't stand a chance of defending anything. You may not cheat. But there are SO MANY that do. I have been knight of justice quite a bit, but now, that same char lasts about 3 seconds in fel with the hacks going on. When you get lit up like a christmas tree within seconds, taking more damage than any peerless deals out, there is something wrong.

Years ago, before Power scrolls, I was quite happy. Power Scrolls were supposed to be the best thing that happened to this game, but in my opinion, was the single worst thing that could have happened. I remember when a 7xGM Mage was the bomb, or 7XGM warrior. If it had been implemented better, then I would have been all for it. When this game shifted from Skill Based to Item Based priorities, such as you had to have the Power Scrolls, or the UBER armor and weps, instead of going out hunting and working skills, it LOST something, and I miss the old Pre-UO:R Days.

And before anyone complains that I am a whiner who is upset because others have stuff I dont, I have a castle, keep, and two houses. 4 Accounts all Power Scrolled up and the best armor and weps. I just dont script or hack. I cant cast spells on the run or from off screen. I can't run twice as fast as everyone else nor do I have 170 Archery skill, or 450 Stat points.

C

Coragin

Connor got me grinning.

You know what I saw here?

We want PS to stay in Fel cause we want money either from killing and looting you or selling you the PS we get.

Mark my words, bookmark this exact post...

One day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, this idea will happen. I cant tell you when, but it will in some form. Just like replicas now...

And yes Connor it is an uncanny ability to see the population as a whole and what needs to be changed for the good of all, not just a certain population. See, you think its for me, or for "my kind" well my kind is a Fel based guild, but I can still see from all angels because I dont blindfold myself into thinking Im on one side or another. Honestly, I am on everyones side, you see in my post what will hurt Fel, I see how to help the whole population. Getting 115 and 120 for sure from a champ in Fel helps fel champ spawners. Getting 110 or 105 helps tram spawners, just takes them a lot longer to get there. Fel spawners remain at the top of the food chain in the PS department. But Tram spawners would get a bone and a choice, work hard at spawning, do fel or buy it.

As it sits now if a Tram wants to get any PS of any kind they have two choices...

1. Buy it
2. Do a fel spawn
2a. If they dont do pvp a pvp playstyle is being forced upon them
2b. If they do it at off peak times, a play TIME is being forced upon them.
2c. If they have a fel guild, well they are better off.

But if they dont want to pvp, if they play to enjoy company, have a good time pve, well they are screwed with buying scrolls. I do not think that is fair to the majority of the population. I also dont think its fair to take all the big things away from doing fel spawns either. There has to be some kind of middle ground.

The only arguements against this idea are my fellow fel champ spawners. Why? Well here I will tell you...

IF this idea were to go into effect tomorrow, Fel spawners, true pvpers, true Fellians, would STILL do fel champs over tram right? How is this hurting Fel? Its not. The problem Fellians are having with this idea comes down to this...

1. wont be able to kill non-pvpers, because they wont goto fel as often, thus no more easy raids on a spawn at level 4 or 5. They would have to go up against true pvprs, the ones that actually DO want to do fel spawns and stay there. Most fel players and pvpers want to have the quick easy kill, easy loot of the bodies then just finish the champ while trammies put in the work to spawn the champ. This is true, because we do it. So if PS drop on tram, the trams will stay there = no more easy kills, they would have to fight other pvpers. And whine as much as you want you know this is true.

2. It hits them in the pocketbook, they wont be able to sell their PS in Luna at huge prices anymore because the Trams will be farming tram spawns and using scrolll binders. So, in a way pvp is being rewarded with the msot important items in the game. One playstyle should not be rewarded anymore than another, it SHOULD be equal.

So to wrap up this episode of diss everyone off, you can now see the two reasons most pvpers are against this. No more easy kills, having to fight giulds of the same or near same skill, they really dont want this. And not as much gold for them. Both of those are two things they do not want to happen. I say this would be the best move to even out the playing field differences between pure fels and pure trams. And also even out the Luna market, because competition would start driving prices down. Either I dont have a problem with as I dont collect rares, I dont collect more PS than what I would use, if I did need a PS I can just get it from our guild house, but all my char are scrolled out, save me needing to up one 115 swords to 120 and 115 archery to 120 on char I barely ever use. And I have two accounts, sooooooo its no biggie for me.

On both accounts
Tamers are done
Bards are done
Dexxers are done
Mages are done
TMapper done
Fisherwoman done
Crafters done

Save the two I just mentioned, all skills where they need to be. Point in case, a change like the one I propose would make more players happy than the ones the are dissing and moaning right now. And yes I know dissing dont make sense, but you can figure it out.

Remember, history repeats itself, so the most vocal usually get they change they are after (GD nerf anyone?). So if enough other people speak out for this change, it will eventually be put in. Mark my words.

And Gunner, excellent point!

T

Trebr Drab

And yes Connor it is an uncanny ability to see the population as a whole and what needs to be changed for the good of all, not just a certain population. See, you think its for me, or for "my kind" well my kind is a Fel based guild, but I can still see from all angels because I dont blindfold myself into thinking Im on one side or another. Honestly, I am on everyones side, you see in my post what will hurt Fel, I see how to help the whole population.
I agree with the entire post, but this point right here is the biggie. You said it very well.

The thing is, if PvP in UO needs to draw players in by dangling the biggest banana, there's something wrong with PvP. Besides the cheats, UO really needs to address PvP. I'm actually a little surprised that so many PvPers aren't on our side over this, except for that whole "in it for me" thing. But then again, most of the true PvPers that I knew in years past have left UO over what's really wrong with PvP; items, Trammel, lack of a justice system, nothing to really fight for in sanctioned wars, lack of a social "glue", etc.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I think this idea would both kill the Powerscroll market and negatively impact the Replica market as well.

C

Coragin

Lord God,

I am not sure if it would kill either market, it would bring the prices of some items down though. But the market in replicas is hardly within reach, when gladiators collar goes for 25-35m. I dont see how uppping the drop rate by 10-20% in fel would break the market. Neither would having 105 and 110 in tram hurt the market that much as most players would be saving their scrolls in binders to make a 120 or 115. So most of the 105 and 110 would not even see a vendor anyways.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord God,

I am not sure if it would kill either market, it would bring the prices of some items down though. But the market in replicas is hardly within reach, when gladiators collar goes for 25-35m. I dont see how uppping the drop rate by 10-20% in fel would break the market. Neither would having 105 and 110 in tram hurt the market that much as most players would be saving their scrolls in binders to make a 120 or 115. So most of the 105 and 110 would not even see a vendor anyways.
Ah thats a part I hadn't even thought of, the increased Replica drop in Fel wasn't what I was referring to, if its going to take (I can't be bothered to look up the exact binding values and work it out) 8+ spawns in Tram just to have enough 10's to make a 15, then a further 6x or 8x that for the 120 then thats going to be a huge amount of spawns being done and more spawns being done means more chance of Replicas.

On top of the Fel increased rate the problem would be even worse.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We want PS to stay in Fel cause we want money either from killing and looting you or selling you the PS we get.
Now everyone knows how I make my money! The secondhand apple and trapbox market will be flooded!

G

Gellor

Do SOME PvPers cheat? Absolutely.

But a valid comparison is like PopWarner kids playing professional football players in a game and then complaining about all the cheats:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Like professional football players, PvPers as a whole are THAT good. They have their timing down, they are all in a voice program, etc.

Most people coming from Tram have no clue on casting spells or how to defend a spawn. Very few are in a voice program.

With the advent of scroll binders, the PS "made up" situation doesn't exist.

I've been on both sides of this situation and still have no problems with how the scrolls are handled.

E

Eyes of Origin

People shouldn't farm the scrolls and then take them off shard either, Morgaine!
People on Origin have less of a chance at buying scrolls from vendors because of this practice.
This is true too Gunner, I agree they shouldnt farm scrolls and take them off shard. I've always been against this. And I know the old FL did it, but atleast some sold scrolls on shard at a decent price and they controlled the market. *sigh* I wish it was like that on Origin still.

C

Coragin

Here is another option, they did spells like this in everquest.

Starting at higher levels spells would go from just spell name, to name and rank.

Rank one: NPC Bought
Rank two: Dropped by monsters and tradeable
Rank three: Monster dropped a rune, turn that in to your class npc for rank 3 scroll. (not tradeable)

So how about this...

PS in Tram but NOT tradeable, drop in your pack, if you dont use it, you set it in a trash barrel or on the ground and it deletes itself. I think that would solve a lot of problems with the PS market. Plus the tradeable versions still drop in Fel.

Now if my fellow Fell players say no to this, we all know you are just in it for the money. If not I would love a real reason, not "Wah Fel needs this or that" or "Has to stay in Fel cause it started there".

E

Eyes of Origin

well yeah.. they said they were going to take them down to do a publish

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is another option, they did spells like this in everquest.

Starting at higher levels spells would go from just spell name, to name and rank.

Rank one: NPC Bought
Rank two: Dropped by monsters and tradeable
Rank three: Monster dropped a rune, turn that in to your class npc for rank 3 scroll. (not tradeable)

So how about this...

PS in Tram but NOT tradeable, drop in your pack, if you dont use it, you set it in a trash barrel or on the ground and it deletes itself. I think that would solve a lot of problems with the PS market. Plus the tradeable versions still drop in Fel.

Now if my fellow Fell players say no to this, we all know you are just in it for the money. If not I would love a real reason, not "Wah Fel needs this or that" or "Has to stay in Fel cause it started there".
Why dont we do this Coragin, lets not fix something that is not broken? Voila!!! Amazing how that works, its like magic! U should go play everquest if you like that setup so much, goodbye, I wont miss you.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several posts were removed.
Either everyone stops trolling, attacks and insults - or else.

C

Coragin

Why dont we do this Coragin, lets not fix something that is not broken? Voila!!! Amazing how that works, its like magic! U should go play everquest if you like that setup so much, goodbye, I wont miss you.
Obviously it is broken since others have expressed a similar opinion.

But, the model T wasent broken and they improved upon it. Mostly based on CUSTOMER FEEDBACK.

Disclaimer: (So I dont get accused of attacking people or trolling)
The following is not a personal attack at any one single person or entity, herein I do fully swear I am not Trolling or harassing any specific person who posts or is a member of the Stratics community.

Is there anyone who can see past their own playstyle and look at the whole picture that can improve the game as a whole? Or am I to believe most of the ummm, lets call them people, have blinders on and only see what they want to and what is best for them?

Disclaimer Two:
I could have made the above a lot more colorful and drawn out, but some people seem to think I am attacking others directly, even when I am being provoked.

Disclaimer Three:
All this because some people cant comprehend reading. For this disclaimer, see disclaimer one.

X

XavierGL

My god do you ever stop crying?? This is the second pointless post about this topic, tram was made for you so just stay there and enjoy it. Dam better yet lets just get rid of tram period

S

Smokin

Tram was made long before PS and when PS were brought in it was totally different and easily done by everyone. They screwed the system up to make it so gank guilds could control it easily. They have tried to fix it but the best fix would either do the Tram thing or go back to the original way of champ spawns. This though would also mean no reds in towns.

Also is it only pointless because you do not agree with it.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Issue, and it is a viable Issue, has nothing to do with bashing peoples play style its a matter of advancing our characters stats and skills.

Be it that you play in fel or tram rule sets everyone's character advancement should not be dictated by one groups playstyle, pvp.

S

Smokin

Honestly I don't understand it, for the most part scrolls do not sell often, I look at my shard for scrolls and see the same ones always in the same spot for sale. So its basically just something to fight over in fel or kill people from Tram. Why force pvp on to someone that does not like it, are you all deep down bullies but can not do it in real life maybe. Just wondering.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I don't understand it, for the most part scrolls do not sell often, I look at my shard for scrolls and see the same ones always in the same spot for sale. So its basically just something to fight over in fel or kill people from Tram. Why force pvp on to someone that does not like it, are you all deep down bullies but can not do it in real life maybe. Just wondering.
That made me LOL

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still say PS's received in Felucca should only be able to be sold/used there as well. No more bringing them to Trammel to sell on your Luna vendor....Risk V Reward. Players should have to purchase them from Felucca Vendors and then eat them there as well.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel is supposed to be double resources. That should mean 12 PS drop in Fel, 6 PS drop elsewhere.

You should be able to play all content and get all items in your playstyle of choice. It is braindead reward systems such as this and randomised resources that is the cause of empty shards.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No....Leave scrolls the way they are..you want them come to fel...
Agreed. If I want an Armor of Fortune I'll trade scrolls for it. You can trade Tram only arties for scrolls. If you want to earn scrolls yourself, risk vs reward.

Not YOU Coragin, just in general.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel is supposed to be double resources. That should mean 12 PS drop in Fel, 6 PS drop elsewhere.

You should be able to play all content and get all items in your playstyle of choice. It is braindead reward systems such as this and randomised resources that is the cause of empty shards.
If shards are empty, why not go to Fel and get scrolls?

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The point is when reward systems benefit a minority, the less people will pay to play. Also there are already all Fel shards, so there should also be all Tram shards.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is when reward systems benefit a minority, the less people will pay to play. Also there are already all Fel shards, so there should also be all Tram shards.
They only benefit a "minority" because the "majority" will not go out and get them themselves. Do you kill every peerless your first try? Probably not. Same thing happens with champ spawns. Don't give up so easily.

If there was an all Tram shard, then yes, put power scrolls there. This discussion is about putting it in Tram rulesets on current shards with both Tram/Fel.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coragin, if this was a hot air blowing competition you would be miles ahead at the moment.

To recap on the main points made here that I just don’t think you are prepared to take on board:

Powerscrolls are the only Fel only item in the game. They are valuable and give PvPers a focus, because they are valuable and hence worth fighting for.

If they were available in Trammel, before long they would lose their value, they would not be worth fighting over and the end result of this would be that Fel would lose its only real reward, and PvPers would have nothing to fight over. PvP, which isn’t in a great state as is, would suffer! :(

Do you think that would be fair? Just so that you and other tramelites can have easy access to Powerscrolls?

You are making out as if you have no way of obtaining PS.

As has been mentioned a million times already, you can PvM to get arties/replicas/gold/items. These can then be traded for the desired powerscrolls without any problems.

Or you could just get some savvy and go and do some spawns in the Lost Lands. Even on Europa, which is fairly active, I often solo spawns in LL so if it can be done solo, surely you can manage with a group of 2 or 3 people, if you really put your mind to it?

But instead you would rather just come and cry about your woes on Stratics.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS problem fixed.

And the good thing here is Fel will ONLY give 115 or 120, no more 105 and 110.

I agree with this as a good change.

Especially, good for new players.

One of the problems with scroll binders is that they have made lower scrolls, the 105s and 110s which new players need the most to advance in their playing, practically disappear from the game.

Having such a change with 105s and 110s spawn in Trammel will be of a great help to new players.

Let's not forget that before scroll binding in felucca 105s and 110s were for the most part discarded by players thus showing how of little interest they may be to experienced players.

Definately, IMHO, Trammel is where 105s and 110s belong to.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Powerscrolls are the only Fel only item in the game. They are valuable and give PvPers a focus, because they are valuable and hence worth fighting for.

If they were available in Trammel, before long they would lose their value, they would not be worth fighting over and the end result of this would be that Fel would lose its only real reward, and PvPers would have nothing to fight over. PvP, which isn’t in a great state as is, would suffer! :(

If the Trammel spawn was limited to 105s and 110s I do not see a problem.

Trying to make a 120 with scroll binders from 105s and 110s requires a whole lot of them and so needs a lot of time to gather of the the same one lower scrolls.

It is much worse now, IMHO, that a new player advancing in their game can't find 105s or 110s at all because of the status of things.

I do see it as a good and workable compromise.

As I said, in Felucca, 105s and 110s have been discarded by experienced players who dropped them to the ground thus showing little interest in them.

New players, instead, who mostly play Trammel, do have interest and use for 105s and 110s.

Hence, it would be a logical and good change, IMHO, to have 105s and 110s spawn in Trammel and 115s and 120s in Felucca.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5s, 10s in Tram? Fine. I actually agree that sometimes it can be a pain getting the lower level scrolls as most people just drop them on the ground, why not give people a chance at them in Tram.

No need to change the drops in Fel though, they should still be subject to the same percentage chance to get 10s,15s,20s... The drop rate of 120 scrolls just now is absolutely fine and does not need to be increased in any way!

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once more this morning on Drachenfels, I popped Rikktor when an american guild (or so they said, they couldn't spell even their name right, go figure....) popped in and stole the boss.

I'm REALLY tired of being jumped when I spawn the boss and it doesn't matter if I'm alone or with the whooping 3 people in my guild, we do not stand a chance, there is NO PvP, it's plain stealing, period.

Do you think people are going to pay their monthly fee to be stolen from?

This system is broken. It's being exploited like everything has been exploited in UO for 12 years.
Only fools mention risk vs reward, there's no RISK for who steals the spawn and there's no reward for whom worked to have it spawn.
Beyond silly!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Especially, good for new players.
Why would a new player need a powerscroll, if they're new they're not going to be power training any skills to the cap because they firstly wouldn't know how and secondly wouldn't have the money to.

There is a huge gap between being a new player and needing a powerscroll.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once more this morning on Drachenfels, I popped Rikktor when an american guild (or so they said, they couldn't spell even their name right, go figure....) popped in and stole the boss.

I'm REALLY tired of being jumped when I spawn the boss and it doesn't matter if I'm alone or with the whooping 3 people in my guild, we do not stand a chance, there is NO PvP, it's plain stealing, period.

Do you think people are going to pay their monthly fee to be stolen from?

This system is broken. It's being exploited like everything has been exploited in UO for 12 years.
Only fools mention risk vs reward, there's no RISK for who steals the spawn and there's no reward for whom worked to have it spawn.
Beyond silly!
It sucks to be on the receiving end of a raid, believe me I’ve been there many times so I sympathise with you. That being said, I’ve learned that there are ways to avoid this, the main one being, speed.

If you got raided in the lost lands on a quiet shard then there’s a good chance you were too slow.

Again though, are you missing the fact that you can farm arties/gold/items/replicas in the safety of Tram to get your PS? Is this something that people can’t grasp, or are you just choosing not to consider it as an option?

Do some spawns in Ilsh till you get some nice replicas…sell them…pay for powerscrolls needed… Easy.

Or, continue to spawn in fel but improve your technique, recruit a few more bodies and get in and out before the reds even know your there…

That’s really your two options.

Option 3 where we just tramelise powerscrolls like every single other aspect of the game isn’t available. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.