• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hello again
also, this is the only option that works, at least for me, when it comes to selecting targets... if i use anything other than current target, it does not pick up the target.

upload_2018-2-9_1-26-27.png

This does not work
upload_2018-2-9_1-26-53.png

This doesn't eiter
upload_2018-2-9_1-27-19.png

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please tell me where the option to enable scale mode is located?
I found this :
Pinco said:
Q: The interface is too bulky, what can I do?

A: There are 2 ways to fix this problem:

1) User Interface -> Options -> UI Scale
Changing the UI scale will shrink the entire interface.
!!! BE CAREFUL !!! a low scale could create some problems with certain gump's text!

2) User Interface -> Pinco's UI -> Enable scale mode
When enabled you can use the mouse wheel to shrink almost every window/gump.
Remember to disable it in order to create a mess while playing
I can't find where to enable scale mode anywhere. I see no "Pinco's UI" tab or option anywhere in the user interface. I just downloaded the client this morning, unzipped, & installed. I haven't used it in... I cant remember how many years. Wanted to look at the latest version out of curiosity and the option to shrink the gumps/paperdolls/maps/etc,... would help alot. Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I'm showing "Pinco's UI version 6.1" on the Main Menu when hitting ESC. Hopefully that's the latest and the patcher seemed to work.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting frustrated again here, I have not used any double clients, I have shut off my antivirus/malware program - if I log out and back in I still lose the finders keepers on both my laptop and my desktop, tried both with same result. I have evidently done something wrong in my many forays into the world of which I know little about so I'm completely baffled and I'm sure something I have done along the way is creating this nonsense.
that is something between the client and windows... try to give full control rights in the user data folder, maybe that's the problem... also keep an eye if the folders for global/player variables gets created when you log out (in case they get deleted when you login...)

Can someone please tell me where the option to enable scale mode is located?
I found this :

I can't find where to enable scale mode anywhere. I see no "Pinco's UI" tab or option anywhere in the user interface. I just downloaded the client this morning, unzipped, & installed. I haven't used it in... I cant remember how many years. Wanted to look at the latest version out of curiosity and the option to shrink the gumps/paperdolls/maps/etc,... would help alot. Thanks in advance :)
there is no option in the user settings, you must use the action for the scale mode... also the pinco's ui tab is gone for ages, the options are all inside the related categories now :D

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is no option in the user settings, you must use the action for the scale mode... also the pinco's ui tab is gone for ages, the options are all inside the related categories now [bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)]:D[/bcolor]
I figured it was gone since the date on the posts but it was the only info I could find on scale mode so...
It's been well over 5 yrs since I last tried your UI & have been reading up most of this morning (+4 hrs).
I'll try to get it working right now:) . Thanks so much for the help good Sir :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello again
also, this is the only option that works, at least for me, when it comes to selecting targets... if i use anything other than current target, it does not pick up the target.

View attachment 77339

This does not work
View attachment 77340

This doesn't eiter
View attachment 77341
for some reason the wait for target is broken (can't fix that since it's inside the client), so you may try to add a target current at the end, also use the bandages item and not bandage target...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Acid Rain it's in the actions menu it's a box in a box upload_2018-2-9_15-3-27.png Looks like this ...

@Pinco Your thing about not allowing more than one of an icon on the hotbars is SERIOUSLY starting to IRK me.... it tells me I have the flying button on my hotbar but it is NOT!!!!!!!!!! I can't fly or land!!!!!! I"m trapped! NOWHERE in my hotbars in the flying button but I can't add it because the (*$&!$&($() THING thinks it's there when it ISN'T!!!!!

Also I use 2 instances of Peacemaking one to target current and one to target ME for area peacing... I can't do that anymore either.... Now when I seriously need to target myself I die. Because I can't hit a button to peace myself I have to wait for a stinking cursor so I can try to target my own health bar..... and it DOESN'T work fast enough.... And I can't put two peacemaking icons up.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Acid Rain it's in the actions menu it's a box in a box View attachment 77360 Looks like this ...

@Pinco Your thing about not allowing more than one of an icon on the hotbars is SERIOUSLY starting to IRK me.... it tells me I have the flying button on my hotbar but it is NOT!!!!!!!!!! I can't fly or land!!!!!! I"m trapped! NOWHERE in my hotbars in the flying button but I can't add it because the (*$&!$&($() THING thinks it's there when it ISN'T!!!!!

Also I use 2 instances of Peacemaking one to target current and one to target ME for area peacing... I can't do that anymore either.... Now when I seriously need to target myself I die. Because I can't hit a button to peace myself I have to wait for a stinking cursor so I can try to target my own health bar..... and it DOESN'T work fast enough.... And I can't put two peacemaking icons up.
the fly button is part of the mount/dismount system, just assign a button to it from user settings or from the mounts list :p

spells and skills that requires target CAN be added multiple times, if you find some skill that can't do that let me know (other than peacemaking)...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is anyone else's Finders Keepers not working and staying with selections after log out log in?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that is something between the client and windows... try to give full control rights in the user data folder, maybe that's the problem... also keep an eye if the folders for global/player variables gets created when you log out (in case they get deleted when you login...) :D
I am trying to set the permission but I guess I dunno how to do, when i right click and look at the settings for user data in the My Docs it shows the box checked for read only. I have changed that numerous times and everything I do and then open it again, it says again read only, and yes I push the buttons for apply and save.
I have tried the same with the entire games folder and it happens on that too.

I don't understand for one reason, it saves all my changes in icons, moving stuff around on the game page, macros, user game changes, settings for everything else it saves but it does not save the finders keepers.

I just checked the user data file after I logged in and there are NO variable files, what is going on? They were just there 2 minutes ago before I logged in, what do i have to do to keep them? I'm lost.

But I do want to say, I'm not all doom and glum, the game is working better than I've ever seen it, movement is smooth and fast with instances of lag once in a blue moon which I'm pretty sure has nothing to do with the UI and all the nice things you have done work super for me and all those changes certainly make it more pleasant to play. Thank you!!!!!

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to set the permission but I guess I dunno how to do, when i right click and look at the settings for user data in the My Docs it shows the box checked for read only. I have changed that numerous times and everything I do and then open it again, it says again read only, and yes I push the buttons for apply and save.
I have tried the same with the entire games folder and it happens on that too.

I don't understand for one reason, it saves all my changes in icons, moving stuff around on the game page, macros, user game changes, settings for everything else it saves but it does not save the finders keepers.

I just checked the user data file after I logged in and there are NO variable files, what is going on? They were just there 2 minutes ago before I logged in, what do i have to do to keep them? I'm lost.
readonly has nothing to do with the rights... for the rights you must right click the folder -> properties -> security -> modify -> add -> type "everyone" -> ok -> select "Everyone" -> click allow on full control -> OK -> OK

the other stuff is saved in the profile, this is saved in other files that the client seems to be too dumb to keep :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
readonly has nothing to do with the rights... for the rights you must right click the folder -> properties -> security -> modify -> add -> type "everyone" -> ok -> select "Everyone" -> click allow on full control -> OK -> OK

the other stuff is saved in the profile, this is saved in other files that the client seems to be too dumb to keep :D
Did that to the user file in the EA Games documents folder and the entire Documents/EAGames/UltimaOnlineStygianAbyss is also set to everyone having all rights except special permissions which I have no idea why or how to do, still the same,

I had the file info page up and as soon as I log into Pincos it deletes all the variables files, fast. It saves it after I log out of the game but it deletes all the variables files when the Pinco screen comes up immediately after clicking your icon.

Turned off my Internet Security/Antivirus - tried - same thing, turned off Battleping - tried -same thing, what now? I'm sorry I"m such a giant pain in the butt but I'm in a location where there is no computer tech available that speaks English so all I have is me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the fly button is part of the mount/dismount system, just assign a button to it from user settings or from the mounts list :p

spells and skills that requires target CAN be added multiple times, if you find some skill that can't do that let me know (other than peacemaking)...
I don't want a button assigned to it... I do not want to attempt to remember wtf button I assigned to something I like having it on my desktop... right there at the top... If I wanted to remember a crap ton of buttons I wouldn't have 12 hotbars on my screen. My memory is not that great... Having it on my desktop is important.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So not a big thing @Pinco but I can't seem to put arrows in my quiver by dropping them on the quiver I have to open the quiver take the arrows out and put 500 in or restack them and put them back in. It also won't let me add to the stack that in there if I open up my quiver and try to drop them on the pile in there... Now yes I know I can stand beside the container and fill from container but, while out hunting you always recollect arrows either naturally or by looting them back up and they go into your pack and I can't just drop them into my quiver it won't let me. VERY annoying... In the middle of hunting I don't want to be having to stop and open my quiver up all the time and take the arrows out and restack them and put them back in...

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi Pinco,

Couple things I ran into recently. I finally got around to doing the roof again and it looks like there are some issues with the Boss bar there:

- Virtuebane - Works great
- Ozymandias The Lord of House Barataria - Doesn't work. Even though that full name is on his target bar, my guess is it's the title that's causing it. Maybe change this one to just 'Ozymandias'?
- Anon The Mage - Doesn't work - Same as Ozy, might need to change this one to just 'Anon'
- Juo'nar - Doesn't work. He has no title, so maybe something with the apostrophe in his name?

Also on the Animal Lore gump, there are some animals that don't appear in the drop down list, even though their lore information is in the database. Not a huge issue, but a slight annoyance if I renamed a pet and want to compare it to it's base version. So far I've noticed this with the following pets. It looks like it's most of the new Pub97 tames, but not all:

- Cold Drake
- Frost Dragon
- Dread Spider
- Shadow Wyrm
- Tsuki Wolf
- Phoenix
- Dimetrosaur
- Gallusaurus
- Saurosaurus
- Serpentine Dragon
- Najasaurus
- Dragon Wolf
- Triceratops
- Sabre-Toothed Tiger
- Lion
- Blood Fox
- Ossein Ram

Thanks!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now along with my finders keepers not working, my hotkeys for special moves have quit working and I cannot reset them, tried to set in book/character traits, using icon in hot bar, using single icon on screen, none of them will work now with the same key they've always had.

Please try to help me with my variables going away and this new problem.

Still trying to fix variables going away, I have the file in my docs up to see when it goes away and it goes away immediately upon opening Pinco UI. If I open the game default and i can change that to Pinco UI and it's still there but as soon as I open it normally it goes poof. It must be Play Sound causing it somehow.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi
Is it possible to expand these options so it displays the whole text.

View attachment 77338

ty
it should be long enough now :D

So not a big thing @Pinco but I can't seem to put arrows in my quiver by dropping them on the quiver I have to open the quiver take the arrows out and put 500 in or restack them and put them back in. It also won't let me add to the stack that in there if I open up my quiver and try to drop them on the pile in there... Now yes I know I can stand beside the container and fill from container but, while out hunting you always recollect arrows either naturally or by looting them back up and they go into your pack and I can't just drop them into my quiver it won't let me. VERY annoying... In the middle of hunting I don't want to be having to stop and open my quiver up all the time and take the arrows out and restack them and put them back in...
that's how the quivers works, if you don't like it you should speak to whoever designed them that way because it's not an UI problem :D

Hi Pinco,

Couple things I ran into recently. I finally got around to doing the roof again and it looks like there are some issues with the Boss bar there:

- Virtuebane - Works great
- Ozymandias The Lord of House Barataria - Doesn't work. Even though that full name is on his target bar, my guess is it's the title that's causing it. Maybe change this one to just 'Ozymandias'?
- Anon The Mage - Doesn't work - Same as Ozy, might need to change this one to just 'Anon'
- Juo'nar - Doesn't work. He has no title, so maybe something with the apostrophe in his name?

Also on the Animal Lore gump, there are some animals that don't appear in the drop down list, even though their lore information is in the database. Not a huge issue, but a slight annoyance if I renamed a pet and want to compare it to it's base version. So far I've noticed this with the following pets. It looks like it's most of the new Pub97 tames, but not all:

- Cold Drake
- Frost Dragon
- Dread Spider
- Shadow Wyrm
- Tsuki Wolf
- Phoenix
- Dimetrosaur
- Gallusaurus
- Saurosaurus
- Serpentine Dragon
- Najasaurus
- Dragon Wolf
- Triceratops
- Sabre-Toothed Tiger
- Lion
- Blood Fox
- Ossein Ram

Thanks!
if the title is visible in the healthbar, it shouldn't be a problem... check neira if you can, in the meantime I've added the version without title too to the boss list, so you can see if it works :)

about those animals, they don't show in the dropdown list because I don't have the taming requirement, without that they are not considered tamable, and since getting that value requires a full account I can't do it for now :p

Now along with my finders keepers not working, my hotkeys for special moves have quit working and I cannot reset them, tried to set in book/character traits, using icon in hot bar, using single icon on screen, none of them will work now with the same key they've always had.

Please try to help me with my variables going away and this new problem.

Still trying to fix variables going away, I have the file in my docs up to see when it goes away and it goes away immediately upon opening Pinco UI. If I open the game default and i can change that to Pinco UI and it's still there but as soon as I open it normally it goes poof. It must be Play Sound causing it somehow.
The folders you have to make sure stays are: GlobalVariables and PlayerVariables_<shard name>_<character id>, the one called "PlayerVariables" only is useless.
about the hotkey, those should work now :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco ... NO that is NOT how the Quiver works... something has changed as I used to be able to drop the arrows in... Now I can't something is BROKEN. I have NEVER had to do this before... I've always been able to drop arrows in or open the quiver and drop them on the pile so long as the pile is under 500...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco ... NO that is NOT how the Quiver works... something has changed as I used to be able to drop the arrows in... Now I can't something is BROKEN. I have NEVER had to do this before... I've always been able to drop arrows in or open the quiver and drop them on the pile so long as the pile is under 500...
yeah I know, I used to do the same, but if you check, the problem exist on default too, so they must have done something inside the client or server to add this new "feature" so the users can waste more time dragging and dropping stuff (like if the 1s between each action wasn't enough) :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yeah I know, I used to do the same, but if you check, the problem exist on default too, so they must have done something inside the client or server to add this new "feature" so the users can waste more time dragging and dropping stuff (like if the 1s between each action wasn't enough) :p
I will poke @Kyronix about it then as it is obviously a very annoying bug that needs squishing.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it should be long enough now :D

that's how the quivers works, if you don't like it you should speak to whoever designed them that way because it's not an UI problem :D

if the title is visible in the healthbar, it shouldn't be a problem... check neira if you can, in the meantime I've added the version without title too to the boss list, so you can see if it works :)

about those animals, they don't show in the dropdown list because I don't have the taming requirement, without that they are not considered tamable, and since getting that value requires a full account I can't do it for now :p

The folders you have to make sure stays are: GlobalVariables and PlayerVariables_<shard name>_<character id>, the one called "PlayerVariables" only is useless.
about the hotkey, those should work now :)
All the variables files go away instantly upon opening the Pinco UI, not just one. Is it possible my playsound file is corrupted, any way to reinstall just it?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the variables files go away instantly upon opening the Pinco UI, not just one. Is it possible my playsound file is corrupted, any way to reinstall just it?
to be sure you could try to uninstall the game and delete the game folder and start over from there... try also to backup user data and let the game to create a new one and see what happens :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will poke @Kyronix about it then as it is obviously a very annoying bug that needs squishing.
I use grid view and carry 4 quivers in my pack normally and I just drag piles of arrows to add to the amount in the quiver over the grid and drop them, works fine. I don't open the quiver, just drop odd amounts on the grid quiver pic in your backpack. You can't add more than the quiver allows tho. You can see how many are in it just with cursor over.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Normally I do that however of late it won't let me. I have tried. I sent an email to @Kyronix and he thanked me for reminding him of the bug so I hope this one gets fixed as it is VERY annoying.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normally I do that however of late it won't let me. I have tried. I sent an email to @Kyronix and he thanked me for reminding him of the bug so I hope this one gets fixed as it is VERY annoying.
Glad you got your quivers on the road to being fixed, I'm still lost in the neverneverland of all my variables disappearing at every login and not saving my finders keepers and this is one of the most important things of the UI. It must be just me, no one else is complaining and I have looked and checked and deleted and changed every item that I possibly thought might cause it. I'm at wit's end.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Glad you got your quivers on the road to being fixed, I'm still lost in the neverneverland of all my variables disappearing at every login and not saving my finders keepers and this is one of the most important things of the UI. It must be just me, no one else is complaining and I have looked and checked and deleted and changed every item that I possibly thought might cause it. I'm at wit's end.
So you don't have another character named the same thing on that shard/account do you?

And you haven't put a " " space after your account name, before your account name or in your password have you?

Also is it just one character? Or all of them?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you don't have another character named the same thing on that shard/account do you?

And you haven't put a " " space after your account name, before your account name or in your password have you?

Also is it just one character? Or all of them?
It's everytime I log into Pinco's UI on all characters on all accounts, it deletes all the variables files, I have the file explorer open and watch them all disappear the minute I hit the button to open the game on the UI gump.

It DOES NOT do it when I open the default game without Pinco's. I have done everything in the world to try and figure out what causes it and with no results, just the dreaded poof of all variables again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's everytime I log into Pinco's UI on all characters on all accounts, it deletes all the variables files, I have the file explorer open and watch them all disappear the minute I hit the button to open the game on the UI gump.

It DOES NOT do it when I open the default game without Pinco's. I have done everything in the world to try and figure out what causes it and with no results, just the dreaded poof of all variables again.
So you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pinco's and everything?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pinco's and everything?
I've reinstalled it, that was the first thing I did but that didn't work.
I don't know how to uninstall it, it's very complicated and it has so many different files that I don't know if they are Pinco's or the client and Pinco's files aren't all in one location and i'd hate to lose ALL my character modifications and I have no idea where all the modifications are stored.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've reinstalled it, that was the first thing I did but that didn't work.
I don't know how to uninstall it, it's very complicated and it has so many different files that I don't know if they are Pinco's or the client and Pinco's files aren't all in one location and i'd hate to lose ALL my character modifications and I have no idea where all the modifications are stored.
Modifications are stored in the User Data folder in your Documents.

All the other stuff can be uninstalled/removed... by cleanly uninstalling both the Game and Pinco's UI and redownloading both of them after deleting all that stuff... I recently did this to clear up issues I was having.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Modifications are stored in the User Data folder in your Documents.

All the other stuff can be uninstalled/removed... by cleanly uninstalling both the Game and Pinco's UI and redownloading both of them after deleting all that stuff... I recently did this to clear up issues I was having.
I will do this, thanks. I have only one nagging thought in my mind - my laptop does exactly the same thing, how would it get the same glitch as my desktop? It seems that the only common files is the user data and if they contain the culprit file deleter and I recopy those into the new UI, then ...............

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The switch object handle action is borked. I select corpse, but I'm getting player bars :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The switch object handle action is borked. I select corpse, but I'm getting player bars :(
it should work now :)
that was a test to show new labels while moving without pressing again ctrl+shift, but it didn't work properly (the feature should be added by default inside the client to work) :(

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hiya
not that it bugs me, lol, the pet rating is wonky...

also, in the past, when change the "item properties color" it would also change the color for animal lore gump, i.e. red to whatever color chosen, is it possible to do the same?

ty

upload_2018-2-26_1-59-25.png

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hiya
not that it bugs me, lol, the pet rating is wonky...

also, in the past, when change the "item properties color" it would also change the color for animal lore gump, i.e. red to whatever color chosen, is it possible to do the same?

ty

View attachment 77908
the rate should work now :)
the color has never been customizable and that can't be changed because it vary based on the range if the value is ok, bad or very bad.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I just realized on some of my characters I cannot loot from any bag via right-click, but others I can. I know you used to have this as a toggle option in the Actions menu, but I believe you removed it and made it always enabled? Is there a flag I can set in the settings file for the characters that cannot loot via right-click, or is re-creating the profile the only way? I'd prefer not to have to recreate that many profiles if possible :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just realized on some of my characters I cannot loot from any bag via right-click, but others I can. I know you used to have this as a toggle option in the Actions menu, but I believe you removed it and made it always enabled? Is there a flag I can set in the settings file for the characters that cannot loot via right-click, or is re-creating the profile the only way? I'd prefer not to have to recreate that many profiles if possible :p
there is no flag for that, just make sure you're not pressing ctrl or alt or shift and that you don't have the item with you (it only works for containers that you don't have inside your backpack).

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi, need help with a macro that I am trying to make...

Most of the macros that i have, i am using <action/spell- "wait for target" - "cursor current target">

I am trying to accomplish this...

all kill > "-ve mob/target", Pause/Wait, Greaterheal my pet (usually uninjured) x9.

Was thinking of using "stored target" for -ve mob and "stored pet" for my pet, but stored target, stored pet options are not working.

thanks in advance
@Pinco no one else would reply, lol, any ideas?

Last edited:
Forgive Me @Pinco .... But I need to ask Pinco's Users for information...
I was a regular user of Pinco's UI for nearly 8 months or so, after I returned to UO after being gone for many, many Years. (Pre-Enhanced Client introduction, so was always a Classic User)
When I came back, I decided if I needed to re-learn everything, I might as well do it in EC & also downloaded Pinco's mod as well.
I LOVED Pinco's UI, until about November 2017.... I started to find every-time I logged in with it, it was like 1 step forward, 3 steps back with each update.
Maybe it was just Me... I dunno....
But in the New Year, I finally gave up logging in with Pinco's & went back to logging in using the "regular EC client".
I have been "problem free" since then
BUT..... I still MISS so many awesome features of @Pinco amazing mod....
Sooooo... Has anyone else who was experiencing issues a few months ago, been able to resolve the issues with Pinco's UI today?
I still miss so many features of Pinco's UI....
I hope some folks will provide some feedback & I will download it once again...♥

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Mystic Lightweaver

I don't have too many problems with Pincos. Client does crash after extended periods of use, i'd say a little more than regular client, but to me benefits outweigh the crash by a lot.

Keep your floating bars to a minimum; auto hide them and keep your macros small. Decreasing particle detail, lowering animations and turning off foliage would help with lag, if you have that problem in highly crowded areas.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Forgive Me @Pinco .... But I need to ask Pinco's Users for information...
I was a regular user of Pinco's UI for nearly 8 months or so, after I returned to UO after being gone for many, many Years. (Pre-Enhanced Client introduction, so was always a Classic User)
When I came back, I decided if I needed to re-learn everything, I might as well do it in EC & also downloaded Pinco's mod as well.
I LOVED Pinco's UI, until about November 2017.... I started to find every-time I logged in with it, it was like 1 step forward, 3 steps back with each update.
Maybe it was just Me... I dunno....
But in the New Year, I finally gave up logging in with Pinco's & went back to logging in using the "regular EC client".
I have been "problem free" since then
BUT..... I still MISS so many awesome features of @Pinco amazing mod....
Sooooo... Has anyone else who was experiencing issues a few months ago, been able to resolve the issues with Pinco's UI today?
I still miss so many features of Pinco's UI....
I hope some folks will provide some feedback & I will download it once again...♥
To add to what @whitesmith said, if you are using old profiles created prior to the recent updates, I would suggest renaming the User Data folder and letting it recreate itself with blank profiles. A lot has changed and I know personally I had to recreate my profiles to fix some issues caused by changes to the UI.

To add to what @whitesmith said, if you are using old profiles created prior to the recent updates, I would suggest renaming the User Data folder and letting it recreate itself with blank profiles. A lot has changed and I know personally I had to recreate my profiles to fix some issues caused by changes to the UI.
@Khyro Could you please explain exactly what I need to do to purge myself of old data? Should I just delete my current char profiles & just start again? That seems like a massive task....

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Khyro Could you please explain exactly what I need to do to purge myself of old data? Should I just delete my current char profiles & just start again? That seems like a massive task....
It's pretty massive yes, which is why I suggest renaming the folder and testing. If it works better on new profiles, then you know it's something in your old profile. If you still have the same issues on new profiles, then the problem is elsewhere and you can restore your profiles.

Here is how you can reset your profiles:
  1. In your Documents folder will be a folder for "EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss". In there, rename the "User Data" folder to something like "User Data.old". Then create a new blank folder called "User Data".
  2. You will also want to purge the "PlayerVariableMods" folder located in your Installation directory (we'll assume C:\): C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\PlayerVariableMods. You can rename this folder "PlayerVariableMods.old" as well.
Make sure your client is fully closed when you do the above. Now when you load in, you should have blank profiles and you can see if you are still having issues.

It's pretty massive yes, which is why I suggest renaming the folder and testing. If it works better on new profiles, then you know it's something in your old profile. If you still have the same issues on new profiles, then the problem is elsewhere and you can restore your profiles.

Here is how you can reset your profiles:
  1. In your Documents folder will be a folder for "EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss". In there, rename the "User Data" folder to something like "User Data.old". Then create a new blank folder called "User Data".
  2. You will also want to purge the "PlayerVariableMods" folder located in your Installation directory (we'll assume C:\): C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\PlayerVariableMods. You can rename this folder "PlayerVariableMods.old" as well.
Make sure your client is fully closed when you do the above. Now when you load in, you should have blank profiles and you can see if you are still having issues.
Thanks for your detailed explanation @Khyro . I have decided to give it a go & have done step 1 in your explanation.
But....
I am stuck on Step 2...
I do not have a Player Variable Mods folder. Maybe that is because I got a new PC a few months ago & have only downloaded the UO EC & not Pinco's Yet?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco small bug when doing the quest for keys to Lady Mel. When you kill a dryad you just get the message "More Left" twice and it doesn't show you how many more left...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, sorry Pinco, lemme try another time with my variables problem.

The files do NOT go away if i open the game from EC Playsound.

The files DO go away when I open the game from Pinco UI.

The files do NOT go away if i do not completely exit the game opened with Pinco UI,
if I just switch accounts or characters, the files are still there.

It's not my antivirus, with it turned off completely off, it's still the same, no other programs on screen running.
Running Win10 and have not had this problem until the last couple of months.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for your detailed explanation @Khyro . I have decided to give it a go & have done step 1 in your explanation.
But....
I am stuck on Step 2...
I do not have a Player Variable Mods folder. Maybe that is because I got a new PC a few months ago & have only downloaded the UO EC & not Pinco's Yet?
The PlayerVariableMods folder is unique to Pinco's, so if you just have an EC install and not Pinco's, then you won't have to worry about that folder.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco small bug when doing the quest for keys to Lady Mel. When you kill a dryad you just get the message "More Left" twice and it doesn't show you how many more left...
this may happen if there is no value in the chat message, check if you have a number there and if it does the same with any other quest :)

Ok, sorry Pinco, lemme try another time with my variables problem.

The files do NOT go away if i open the game from EC Playsound.

The files DO go away when I open the game from Pinco UI.

The files do NOT go away if i do not completely exit the game opened with Pinco UI,
if I just switch accounts or characters, the files are still there.

It's not my antivirus, with it turned off completely off, it's still the same, no other programs on screen running.
Running Win10 and have not had this problem until the last couple of months.
You MUST open the game with EC Playsound, that is mandatory or it will never work :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this may happen if there is no value in the chat message, check if you have a number there and if it does the same with any other quest :)

You MUST open the game with EC Playsound, that is mandatory or it will never work :D
Then how do I get your updates? If I open game with ECPlaysound.exe It takes you directly to the game without checking for updates to your UI doesn't it? Playsound always opens and puts a small icon in the start bar when I open the game with the file UIPatcher.exe - isn't this what I'm supposed to open the game with?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco the X number Left message is showing in the chat of Regular EC but not in Pinco's (nor above your head). This is while killing the Insane Dryads in the Grove while on the quest. The quest log does show them.