• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a lot of logging in logging out without restarting the client, possibly that's why.
Will check again tonight

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Acid Rain it's in the actions menu it's a box in a box View attachment 77360 Looks like this ...
Ok.... so its been almost 2 months & I'm ready to try again. I spent +4 hrs reading up on this & found nothing useful then another 1-2 hrs playing w/ options after posting & still nothing. I gave up trying this client b/c its impossible (for me) to play with a paperdoll that takes up 1/4 of my screen along with other HUGE interface windows that block my playable screen. Yes, I could just close everything but that defeats the purpose of scaling windows/gumps that I wish to leave open off the sides of my gaming window.

I've placed "Toggle Scale Mode" in my HotBar and have it enabled. I have also deleted any macros or actions which include mouse wheel actions (such as zoom in/out). Where do I go from here please? I have clicked on every single gump/menu/paperdoll possible and mouse wheeled up and down.... this does absolutely nothing. ONCE... I was clicking all over my backpack (top/bottom/sides), moved my mouse wheel and saw it shrink VERY slightly. I have not been able to replicate this action in +45 mins. I will not waste more time aimlessly clicking gumps/windows.

Is there a specific place u have to click? Does the cursor have to stay over a specific location while scrolling the mouse wheel? Is there a delay that I'm not allowing enough time before moving the cursor? This is a deal breaker for me in trying the client. I can't play with some of the GiGaNDoNorMuS windows/gumps/paperdolls that appear. For example, I will not play with my paperdoll closed. If I can't shrink the paperdoll to fit off the side of my screen, I'm wasting my time here & would greatly appreciate anyone letting me know if this is the case. I'm tired of wasting my time trying this client as well as others time in this thread. Thanks :)

Then how do I get your updates? If I open game with ECPlaysound.exe It takes you directly to the game without checking for updates to your UI doesn't it? Playsound always opens and puts a small icon in the start bar when I open the game with the file UIPatcher.exe - isn't this what I'm supposed to open the game with?
I was having the same problem but haven't said a word b/c I figured I was screwing something up. I downloaded the client almost 2 months ago (178,618kb ZIP) but everytime I try to run it... it loops endlessly in a "Downloading latest Patcher" never ending cycle (closing itself out then reopening endlessly). I JUST NOW downloaded the latest version (231,732kb ZIP - why so much larger a file?) and it does the exact same thing. The only way I can even get this client to run is opening it with ECPlaysound.exe

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
upload_2018-3-27_20-14-58.png

Pinco I cannot play like this how am I to see WTF is going on through all these names?!?!?!?

Please fix this! They will NOT go away...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't know what happened but everything stays on the screen until I run completely off the screen and come back but then as soon as people talk or move it all stays there on the screen and won't go away at all again..... even though I have the over head words set to 5 seconds...

This is impossible to get rid of I've tried every setting i can think of but it won't go away.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.... so its been almost 2 months & I'm ready to try again. I spent +4 hrs reading up on this & found nothing useful then another 1-2 hrs playing w/ options after posting & still nothing. I gave up trying this client b/c its impossible (for me) to play with a paperdoll that takes up 1/4 of my screen along with other HUGE interface windows that block my playable screen. Yes, I could just close everything but that defeats the purpose of scaling windows/gumps that I wish to leave open off the sides of my gaming window.

I've placed "Toggle Scale Mode" in my HotBar and have it enabled. I have also deleted any macros or actions which include mouse wheel actions (such as zoom in/out). Where do I go from here please? I have clicked on every single gump/menu/paperdoll possible and mouse wheeled up and down.... this does absolutely nothing. ONCE... I was clicking all over my backpack (top/bottom/sides), moved my mouse wheel and saw it shrink VERY slightly. I have not been able to replicate this action in +45 mins. I will not waste more time aimlessly clicking gumps/windows.

Is there a specific place u have to click? Does the cursor have to stay over a specific location while scrolling the mouse wheel? Is there a delay that I'm not allowing enough time before moving the cursor? This is a deal breaker for me in trying the client. I can't play with some of the GiGaNDoNorMuS windows/gumps/paperdolls that appear. For example, I will not play with my paperdoll closed. If I can't shrink the paperdoll to fit off the side of my screen, I'm wasting my time here & would greatly appreciate anyone letting me know if this is the case. I'm tired of wasting my time trying this client as well as others time in this thread. Thanks :)

I was having the same problem but haven't said a word b/c I figured I was screwing something up. I downloaded the client almost 2 months ago (178,618kb ZIP) but everytime I try to run it... it loops endlessly in a "Downloading latest Patcher" never ending cycle (closing itself out then reopening endlessly). I JUST NOW downloaded the latest version (231,732kb ZIP - why so much larger a file?) and it does the exact same thing. The only way I can even get this client to run is opening it with ECPlaysound.exe
you have to use the mouse wheel on the gump you want to scale with the scale mode active to scale something...

the endless downloading problem is related to your antivirus or some other security thing that you have, disable them all before downloading... To skip the patcher just use -game parameter on EC Playsound.

Don't know what happened but everything stays on the screen until I run completely off the screen and come back but then as soon as people talk or move it all stays there on the screen and won't go away at all again..... even though I have the over head words set to 5 seconds...

This is impossible to get rid of I've tried every setting i can think of but it won't go away.
check for errors when it happens probably something gets stuck...

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you have to use the mouse wheel on the gump you want to scale with the scale mode active to scale something...
Apparently its a mouse problem. My gaming mouse has a smooth wheel motion w/o the standard clicking that occurs on regular mice when wheel scrolling. On a whim I switched to an old school standard mouse and it worked instantly. Weird but my gaming mouse doesn't work at all for the scaling option.

So you think when I downloaded the client (on 2 separate occasions) some security measure interfered with the download? That would be strange as it worked fine the 1st time I downloaded it complete with patcher & update. Either way, I can now try your client with the scale mode working as intended. Thanks for your time good Sir and all your hard work :) .

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco all of a sudden text above my head, either Chat or Spells doesn't go away. The last 3 msgs stay. I switched to regular EC and the problem went away, switched back and the issue appeared again (or should didn't disappear)... Wasn't happening last time I was on this character. Logging off and back on didn't fix the issue. Only have the issue on 1 character on that account. Deleting the profile didn't help.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco all of a sudden text above my head, either Chat or Spells doesn't go away. The last 3 msgs stay. I switched to regular EC and the problem went away, switched back and the issue appeared again (or should didn't disappear)... Wasn't happening last time I was on this character. Logging off and back on didn't fix the issue. Only have the issue on 1 character on that account. Deleting the profile didn't help.
without a way to replicate the issue, I can't do anything about it... check for errors maybe there is a clue there...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco When I click on View Log, I get a white box that never loads and goes into Not Responding and it never shows any data. How do I delete the log to get a fresh one or is there another way to see the errors?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco When I click on View Log, I get a white box that never loads and goes into Not Responding and it never shows any data. How do I delete the log to get a fresh one or is there another way to see the errors?
you must wait for the log to load, then click 1 row (so it won't refresh), and purge it :p

@Pinco the patch you just did fixed it. Thanks :danceb::banana::cheerleader::party:
good, random fixes always hits the target :lol:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco... Trying to pull a healthbar now crashes the client. No error is generated as the client locks up and I can't do anything but ctrl/alt/delete shut down the client...

Also the Red X on the User Settings also does not work... you have to click it off on the Left side of the menu... by right clicking.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still getting the quest log opening on login and not being able to close it on several characters.

The error message in the file is:
Code:
Last Function Called: (pcall)Interface.UpdateLatency( 0.046000000089407 )
 Error Message: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/QuestLog/QuestLog.lua"]:308: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still getting the quest log opening on login and not being able to close it on several characters.

Code:
 Error Message: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/QuestLog/QuestLog.lua"]:308: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
I get this too, I have had to resign the quest to get rid of it everytime. Only happens to me on first time open of that particular character, then all is well after I resign the quest.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco... Trying to pull a healthbar now crashes the client. No error is generated as the client locks up and I can't do anything but ctrl/alt/delete shut down the client...

Also the Red X on the User Settings also does not work... you have to click it off on the Left side of the menu... by right clicking.
it's working for me, but from the description of those problems it's not an UI problem unless half of the files are gone or damaged... try with another character (in case the profile has been damaged), if it's still not working there must be something really wrong with your UI files.

Code:
I get this too, I have had to resign the quest to get rid of it everytime. Only happens to me on first time open of that particular character, then all is well after I resign the quest.
it should work now, but if it happens again I'll need to know more about the quests you have active because there can still be several exceptions around that I need to handle before I can move to phase 2 of the quest log :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's working for me, but from the description of those problems it's not an UI problem unless half of the files are gone or damaged... try with another character (in case the profile has been damaged), if it's still not working there must be something really wrong with your UI files.
I had the same crashing issue as Malag when trying to pull a bar off a player. The game went unresponsive, spinning blue circle and had to be force closed. I didn't have an error file for the crash.

I'll check the quest thing later tonight or tomorrow.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have pulling bars and party bar problems still also, just not near as many as I used to have but one of them is still a major problem for me.

When we do our weekly guild hunts it usually involves doing the same thing (like Melisande or Travesty) several times in a row so party is up and then is broken each time before the boss dies.

When this happens the 2nd or third time I no longer can pull bars when the party is broken, it's just like they aren't there, I can't pull the bar from their avatar at all and sometimes it can be only one character that I can't pull the bar, other times, 2 or 3 and sometimes no bars can be pulled for anyone.

They all play CC and that means if I ask to log out and back in, it's a major problem because they have to break the party and pull bars again when I log out because one member of a party or group has logged out and back in.

Most of the time even logging out does not stop the "no pull bar" situation for me anyhow so I just go without having bars to heal folks which is not exactly a good idea and makes it very hard for me to be a supportive member of the group.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same crashing issue as Malag when trying to pull a bar off a player. The game went unresponsive, spinning blue circle and had to be force closed. I didn't have an error file for the crash.

I'll check the quest thing later tonight or tomorrow.
since nothing is changed on the UI for the healthbars, it can very well be the new client patch...
but I can't replicate the issue so I can't really know what's going on...

I have pulling bars and party bar problems still also, just not near as many as I used to have but one of them is still a major problem for me.

When we do our weekly guild hunts it usually involves doing the same thing (like Melisande or Travesty) several times in a row so party is up and then is broken each time before the boss dies.

When this happens the 2nd or third time I no longer can pull bars when the party is broken, it's just like they aren't there, I can't pull the bar from their avatar at all and sometimes it can be only one character that I can't pull the bar, other times, 2 or 3 and sometimes no bars can be pulled for anyone.

They all play CC and that means if I ask to log out and back in, it's a major problem because they have to break the party and pull bars again when I log out because one member of a party or group has logged out and back in.

Most of the time even logging out does not stop the "no pull bar" situation for me anyhow so I just go without having bars to heal folks which is not exactly a good idea and makes it very hard for me to be a supportive member of the group.
Try now, let's see if the party bars stays :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since nothing is changed on the UI for the healthbars, it can very well be the new client patch...
but I can't replicate the issue so I can't really know what's going on...

Try now, let's see if the party bars stays :D
Will do but have to wait a couple days for enough guildies on for testing, got my fingers crossed.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pulled the gump off another player without crashing, though there was nobody else around. Will try again when there is a group of people.

Also, I can't change the hair color of a vendor:
Code:
Last Function Called: ReplaceTokens(The item color ID is: ~1_ID~,{ L"33816" })
 Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [DyeTubs.DyeTubsParsing]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/DyeTubs/DyeTubs.lua"]:1123: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pulled the gump off another player without crashing, though there was nobody else around. Will try again when there is a group of people.

Also, I can't change the hair color of a vendor:
Code:
Last Function Called: ReplaceTokens(The item color ID is: ~1_ID~,{ L"33816" })
 Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [DyeTubs.DyeTubsParsing]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/DyeTubs/DyeTubs.lua"]:1123: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
what kind of hair dye were you trying to get and from what vendor?

hi all

How/where do ya change your overhead chat text color?
from the user settings there is the button for the chat text colors

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what kind of hair dye were you trying to get and from what vendor?
I was trying to dye the hair of a vendor I own. At the bottom of the customization menu is a color option, its supposed to open a dye tub gump...it doesn't.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to dye the hair of a vendor I own. At the bottom of the customization menu is a color option, its supposed to open a dye tub gump...it doesn't.
ah ok, it's the vendor customization, I found the problem and I got totally sad when I saw the vendor customization gump :/
That is really something in need of a remake ASAP :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, before you beat the vendor customization into something nicer, you should smack the new global chat feature (essentially private messaging) around until it behaves like something from a game made this century. The mechanics of talking to someone on the friends list are just god-awful.

Here is more info on it: Global Chat – Ultima Online

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, before you beat the vendor customization into something nicer, you should smack the new global chat feature (essentially private messaging) around until it behaves like something from a game made this century. The mechanics of talking to someone on the friends list are just god-awful.

mmm I'm not sure it can be improved, the main problem of the system is the fact that you have character friends (so you need 7 slots for 1 friend), and it wouldn't work through shards or for the whole account either... In the end it looks like the system has a very small utility (assuming you want to replace stuff like ICQ), so unless it becomes more interesting, it's pointless to rework the gump...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will do but have to wait a couple days for enough guildies on for testing, got my fingers crossed.
Very bad, guild hunts recaps , first went to Abyssal Infernal, tried to pull lifebar on guildmate without being partied to rez her, locked up the game so hard that I had to shut down the computer and reboot. Did this 4 times in a row every time I tried to pull a bar. Went to Covetous, same story, locked up so tight I had to reboot another 3 or 4 times. Game unplayable with guildmates.

I had gathered keys alone over the last 3 days to Exodus for probably 4 to 6 hours and only once locked up or lost connection.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very bad, guild hunts recaps , first went to Abyssal Infernal, tried to pull lifebar on guildmate without being partied to rez her, locked up the game so hard that I had to shut down the computer and reboot. Did this 4 times in a row every time I tried to pull a bar. Went to Covetous, same story, locked up so tight I had to reboot another 3 or 4 times. Game unplayable with guildmates.

I had gathered keys alone over the last 3 days to Exodus for probably 4 to 6 hours and only once locked up or lost connection.
nothing has changed on the UI side for healthbars, so the crash may very well related to the client patch.
Also I need more details or I can't replicate the issue...
does it happen only with guild members?
do you have the block attack for friends active?
how do you pull the bar? (from the world, mobile list, overhead bar,...)
have you tried to backup user data and see if it happens with a clean profile?
does it happen only in crowded areas or also in a clear place with just you and someone else?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've done some tests on this new chat, and even if it doesn't say it in that guide, it actually work through shards and it's 1 entry per account (you don't have to add all the characters of your friends). For what I can see it could be improved, but there is a problem in the online/offline flag... the entire system seems unable to update correctly the flag when someone logout, and if you login again after a short while, you lose your contact list unless you relog once more, so until they fix the basics it's pointless to try any improvement :|

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think I found a possible solution for the crash with healthbars, I just need to do some more testing :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, the new patch is up, and from my tests I can't seems to crash while dragging healthbars.

Also I've updated the chat by removing the chat action and moving the channel selection and friends list near the chat line to simplify the whole new thing :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes agree with Zeke, it sure is a lot easier to see those and in a place where they should be for use.

I just played a little bit in Exodus after the patch but that's a bad place for crashes and I yanked all the bars every which way I could and no crash but too short of a time to reliably say it's fixed, but it's sure a good sign. I like it that the "new" overhead bars went away, didn't like them much, made the play screen way too busy.

You keep fixing all this stuff, the EC Pincos keeps getting better and better, thank you!!!! It's such a pleasure to have the "dev" ui owner actually care about fixing stuff and you react to everyone's needs almost immediately which I think is amazing.
We appreciate it very much!!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is there any way to filter out Bard music in Pinco's UI? People practising their music is driving me crazy, especially when they hit a bum note! :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to filter out Bard music in Pinco's UI? People practising their music is driving me crazy, especially when they hit a bum note! :p
I wish I could, but that can only be done inside the client... the devs should sit in a macroing area for 10 minutes and the option to turn off bard sounds will appear XD

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Pinco Yes I agree, it has to be the most annoying noise ever, especially the tambourine! Oh well let's hope someone harasses them with some 'music' sometime soon....:D

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
On one of my Characters the names above heads doesn't disappear. I can get rid of it by turning off show incoming names but that makes the game unplayable. I tried changing other settings and nothing seems to fix it. Before we got mini health bars above the heads but that is now gone. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I been reading that you are having a hard time replicating this so that's why it hasn't been fixed. I would appreciate looking closer into this issue and try to fix it if you can as it happens on my main character on that account.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On one of my Characters the names above heads doesn't disappear. I can get rid of it by turning off show incoming names but that makes the game unplayable. I tried changing other settings and nothing seems to fix it. Before we got mini health bars above the heads but that is now gone. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I been reading that you are having a hard time replicating this so that's why it hasn't been fixed. I would appreciate looking closer into this issue and try to fix it if you can as it happens on my main character on that account.
check for errors, but I think it's probably the character profile gone bad ...

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
check for errors, but I think it's probably the character profile gone bad ...
How do I go about doing that? I am not very computer savy but I checked the profiles in the game user settings and it is exactly the same as my other chars but I know you mean profiles from somewhere else.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I go about doing that? I am not very computer savy but I checked the profiles in the game user settings and it is exactly the same as my other chars but I know you mean profiles from somewhere else.
to check errors, just right click EC Playsound on the system tray and use error log viewer, and you'll have all the options to copy, save, ecc...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These errors are all from today but the funny thing is, I only crashed a couple of times so I have no idea why there would be this many errors. I thought perhaps you would like to look at these and see if any of them are pertinent for your redo. You can read it and let me know and then I'll edit and delete so it doesn't take up forum space.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These errors are all from today but the funny thing is, I only crashed a couple of times so I have no idea why there would be this many errors. I thought perhaps you would like to look at these and see if any of them are pertinent for your redo. You can read it and let me know and then I'll edit and delete so it doesn't take up forum space.

Last Function Called: BossBar.HandleMobileStatusUpdate()
Error Message: Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~

Last Function Called: BuffDebuff.ShouldCreateNewBuff()

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Last Function Called: TargetWindow.MobileStatusUpdate()

Last Function Called: MobileHealthBar.HandleMobileStatusUpdate()

Last Function Called: PaperdollWindow.OnPaperdollTextureMouseOver( 0.0000, 16.7211, -428.4646 )
Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [PaperdollWindow.OnPaperdollTextureMouseOver]:
Invalid Parameter passed to 'error()'

Last Function Called: PaperdollWindow.OnPaperdollTextureMouseOver( 0.0000, 25.7211, -419.4646 )
Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [PaperdollWindow.OnPaperdollTextureMouseOver]:
Invalid Parameter passed to 'error()'

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Last Function Called: SingleLineTextEntry.OnSubmit( 0.0000, 36.8766, 19.6066 )
Error Message: SingleLineTextEntry.OnSubmit: text = City Buff is 5 Swing Speed

Last Function Called: SingleLineTextEntry.OnSubmit( 0.0000, 67.8766, 21.6066 )
Error Message: SingleLineTextEntry.OnSubmit: text = Welcome to Skara Brae City of Spirituality

Last Function Called: SingleLineTextEntry.OnSubmit( 0.0000, 43.8766, 19.6066 )
Error Message: SingleLineTextEntry.OnSubmit: text = Welcome to Skara Brae - City of Spirituality
there is nothing interesting here, just some failed string replacement (an error that I should be able to hide), and some file that can't be used (but is normal)... probably the crash was the usual client overload, when you start to see errors like this one: Invalid Parameter passed to 'error()', it means the client is gone haywire and if it doesn't crash, it will not work properly either...