• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy, could we have an official statement?

• Thread starter Priam_Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your "friend" can't come and speak for himself for some reason?

L

Lady_Mina

The willingness of people to take secondhand protestations of innocence at face value appalls me.
So , is it true if you are in possession of a duped item that you can get perma banned?

Cause a lot of people buy stuff from vendor (not in bulk)...

And these emails people are forwarding are scaring me to death.

i'm scared to death to buy things from players and vendors.

An hour ago someone offered me 2 barbed kits for my talisman +5 taming + 5 lore...i said no...cause i'm scared of runic hammers and kits right now.

T

Teufel_Hund

The willingness of people to take secondhand protestations of innocence at face value appalls me.
Jeremy it is not willingness it is simply a lack of information and an incomplete story. As the saying goes there are two sides to every story. I for one would love to hear at least PARTY of the other side!

R

RavenWinterHawk

I might agree with you.

This is where a statment from EA stating people arent being banned for verite hammers would be nice but for 25 verite hammers or 10 valorites, Or whatever.

A statement that owning 25 barbed runic sewing kits is fine because they have been priced at 2 2.5 million for years, would help. I can afford that, especially with the 25k tickets being so popular. But Im not buying anything right now.

Maybe not this go around, but it would help in the future. Im not talking about what I have or dont have at the moment, but what I might acquire over the next 30 days.

Having 5 server birth rares where there was only 1 in existence, makes sense for banning. Especially when they sell for like 50 or 100 million or something stupid like that.

Am I off base?

J

Jeremy

Check the Herald. And yes. possession of dupes can get you banned. We don't ban for one or two - although, as with the Vine Cords, we'll make no guarantees that we won't cause them to disappear - but possessing them in quantity is a good way to get banned.

T

Teufel_Hund

So , is it true if you are in possession of a duped item that you can get perma banned?

Cause a lot of people buy stuff from vendor (not in bulk)...

And these emails people are forwarding are scaring me to death.

i'm scared to death to buy things from players and vendors.

An hour ago someone offered me 2 barbed kits for my talisman +5 taming + 5 lore...i said no...cause i'm scared of runic hammers and kits right now.
This morning I just bought 4 Adv Char tokens tell me about it.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm certainly not taking any at face value, and I know you guys nailed some of the bad guys. I'm just confused as to why you missed basically the worst offenders. I hope there's more to come...

J

Jeremy

If you have information you think we need, by all means pass it along!

R

RavenWinterHawk

Check the Herald. And yes. possession of dupes can get you banned. We don't ban for one or two - although, as with the Vine Cords, we'll make no guarantees that we won't cause them to disappear - but possessing them in quantity is a good way to get banned.
Thank you.
Let me simplify my posts to this.

I play a merchant. What is a good way to determine when i might purchase gold, agapite and verite hammers? Valorites are out of my price range. As for barbed kits being rather inexpensive, can I get in trouble for have 10 or 20 of those?

Z

Zofinur

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Want me to read between the lines for everyone?

Read this as : We have no way to determine who abused the game mechanics to dupe the items. Our technology is nowhere near that sophisticated. In fact, it took us a good week to even determine who had possible duped items.

Our best guess is to ban people who had large quantities of said items in hopes they were the dupers or dupers friends.

We hope this makes the rest of the player base happy that we are doing *something* although we are not able to really find/bring to justice the real offenders.

Its really sad. Just when i think this game can't get worse - you exceed my expectations.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Check the Herald. And yes. possession of dupes can get you banned. .
And how in the F do you expect players to determine a dupe from a real item on a vendor.

Six vendors are selling barb kits for 2.2 mil. Which one has duped items? Who the hell knows?

I think it would be hilarious if a dev team members account got banned from this silliness.

Thank God no one at EA is in law enforcement or criminal justice. This is a complete JOKE.

And no - I did not get banned - but I object to their methods 100%. I don't want to play a game that treats its players like crap.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've heard that they banned people for having too much gold, who knows if its true.
I also know tht ther have been times in the game that I have had over 100Mill in gold from selling spawn scrolls. Would I have been in that group of bans if I didnt spend the gold? would they have mistook me for a duper?

Is there an acceptable amount of gold a player shuold have in his bank after 10 years of playing, before that amount becomes too much and they ban you?
There are alot of players that have hundreds of millions in gold, it seems to get EA's attention if you have a few billion gold.

R

RoycroftLS

Let me challenge u then, please give us firsthand-information!

I´ve got nothing to hide!
Do you not read the other threads you post in? Or do you just like attention?

From Jeremy:
... we do not discuss account issues with anyone but the account holder. Therefore, I'm not going to talk about your account or any other here on Stratics. Here is the dispute form - that will go to the right people to review the case.
From Kelmo the moderator:
This will most likely not be discussed in any official manner on these forums. Use the link provided by Jeremy.
Stop your public complaining already.

J

Jeremy

You're wrong, Theo. Banning the traders - and getting the items out of circulation - is at least as important as banning the accounts that did the duping.

L

Lady_Mina

Thanks for your answer.

I feel relieved..because i do not buy things in bulk.

But this seems to be a bad era for traders...since they often try to get things cheaps and/or in bulk...with no guarantee is the stuff they buy are unique.

Jeremy Dalberg
04 Aug 2008 13:25:35

Over the weekend, a number of accounts associated with creating and trading duped items have been banned. We take all forms of cheating extremely seriously, especially cheats that affect the in game economy and devalue the hard work of honest players. We will never stop investigating and solving these issues, and appreciate very much those of you who contribute to the fight against cheating.
It's just i don't consider buying things as cheating tho..
People don't get warnings when they buy stuff that the item is duped.

Like accidently buying 1 or 2 items that MIGHT be duped is ok...

But lets say Teufel's account is banned tomorow because of the tokens...how the hell was he suposed to know?

People buy stuff hoping they are unique...but end up perma banned.

I agree with what some people are saying..it's EA's job to prevent that that stuff is out there...so people can't buy them.

How many accounts did EA ban who were in possession of more then 100 duped items?

J

Jeremy

At least one guy who protested his innocence just as strenuously as many of the posters here. I don't have all the data in front of me, but I strongly suspect he is not alone.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Want me to read between the lines for everyone?

Read this as : We have no way to determine who abused the game mechanics to dupe the items. Our technology is nowhere near that sophisticated. In fact, it took us a good week to even determine who had possible duped items.

Our best guess is to ban people who had large quantities of said items in hopes they were the dupers or dupers friends.

We hope this makes the rest of the player base happy that we are doing *something* although we are not able to really find/bring to justice the real offenders.

Its really sad. Just when i think this game can't get worse - you exceed my expectations.
The moral of the story is dont "create or trade" dupes on all your accounts, only the ones that you are willing to lose.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not agree with this at all. I buy and sell on 5 major shards. Buy an item for x amount sell for y amount. I do not buy val hammers ect that I know have been duped but I do buy rares, rubbles, tokens and anything I think can gain me profit. So saying I can get banned for playing the game is insane. We need some clarification! PLEASE

Y

Yalp

Deep breath peeps.. deep breaths. Everyone is a little worked up. And it's understandable. It's been a pretty stressful weekend for some peeps.

Jeremy.. girl.. hope you had a good weekend.. cause I'm sure you came back this AM to a S***storm in your inbox. Its understandable that you are worked up too. I can only imagine what people said to you in private after reading some of the public posts.

Here's the point that has all players a little uneasy and up in arms.

To date. I've not seen a duper come post here on the boards.. "I duped.. got busted.. bad day for me." However plenty of peeps have come here and said...

" I have never duped and I got banned. I don't know why. I've heard rumors it's cause I have a kit that was duped."

The first post we all think.. we'll you're not telling us the truth... and we don't believe you and you got what you deserve... and we grab the nearest stone and throw it at them. But post after post same story, and peeps in the game who don't post telling us the same thing.

Well, we all get a little nervous. We look for some standard from EA. We check our own stock and we wonder, what did they have? how many did they have? How did they get them? Do I have them? I bought xxx item off a vendor... how do I really know if its legit or not? Could this happen to me?

And that is the jist of the whole confusion. Some peeps say.. well they should have know.. others say.. how are we supposed to know?

At this point in time..
EA needs to make some serious efforts at customer service toward every single player, not just those who come to stratics. A dialogue needs to be held between players and EA. You (EA) have customers that are nervous, concerned and scared. We have money, greenbacks, which you (EA) want us to give you in exchange for the service you provide. But human psychology being what it is.. we have a hard time giving our precious money to the organization that makes us nervous and uncertain.

So there's the dilemna. Can you help us solve this? Or will we just continue to get innuendo, assumptions and rumors which are fueling a poisonous atmosphere for your business?

Just asking.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're wrong, Theo. Banning the traders - and getting the items out of circulation - is at least as important as banning the accounts that did the duping.
Nope. Not true.

Player A dupes 50 barb kits and sells all for 2 mil each. (100 mil)

Player B, C, D, E, F each buy 10 kits at 2 mil each.

You ban and delete the 50 kits by banning B, C,D,E, F.

These players were buying items available (via dupe or not) on the open market and are now out 20 mil of gold and their accounts are gone.

If you had a decent system to track this stuff you would :

Delete the 50 kits.
Put the 20 mil gold back in the accounts of players B-F with an explaination.
Ban Player A
Delete his 100 mil of gold.

THAT would be how to handle it. Instead of ban the innocent and let the guilty go free.

At the end of the day - anything you do now is too late anyways. There are plenty of hammers that have been burned, kits that have been burned - items given away, sold, etc and the market has felt the impact. All this is window dressing on a problem that was ignored for too long. The damage has been done. All you are doing now is making the problem even worse when players who thought they were buying vendor items are now banned.

Having alot of barb kits and runics is something many players do. I have over 200 lockdowns in my place dedicated to runics. I'm a crafter after all and I buy every reasonable priced one I can. That is in addition to the 20k bods I have at my house. I can never have enough runics. Because this item was the focus of the duping you are now hitting alot of players that legitimately stocked up on these items believing they were clean. Its not like an event rare that should only have one in existance - on any given day there are hundreds of legit barb kits and dozens of val hammers in the game. How can you tell a true from a fake? There is no way for a player.

This is so wrong on so many levels its crazy.

You can try to explain it away all you like - but its a poor way to handle the situation. No two ways about it.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I do not agree with this at all. I buy and sell on 5 major shards. Buy an item for x amount sell for y amount. I do not buy val hammers ect that I know have been duped but I do buy rares, rubbles, tokens and anything I think can gain me profit. So saying I can get banned for playing the game is insane. We need some clarification! PLEASE
General rule of thumb as a merchant, make 20 to 50% on a purchase and resale.

Its not hard.

yesterday guy was selling 25k tickets for 650k. I bought all 20 and sold them for 900k.

That made me 4- 5 million.

Now I wait for a new event or this one to progress and do the same.

But I would like a little help on what I can and cant buy. You know what I mean.

SO maybe, the question is.
Is the dupe done, items removed, and I can be on my merry way when I am done work?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least one guy who protested his innocence just as strenuously as many of the posters here. I don't have all the data in front of me, but I strongly suspect he is not alone.
Hun , from the quote here i take it that that was it for the big wave of bannings... but as many of us have stated here the big guys seem to have been missed...

yes you got the fencers and the couple people that where "uninformed" enough to buy up 20 runic hammers a day and what else not, but i really hope you take a very good luck at the information the guys will be supplying you with , because i know they have been researching, investigating and stalking these guys for month and sent the info in multible times.....

Z

Zofinur

Did u give details to anybody?
Look how the answer to my question for details reads:

I am very sorry to hear of your account being terminated. However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online.
Sufficient evidence was verified to justify this termination.
Any further replies regarding this subject will not be acknowledged.

At least to me EA did refuse to go into details!

J

Jeremy

That is a scenario. Consider an alternate scenario:

Player A dupes 50 barbed kits.

Player A splits them into stacks of ten and distributes them to trusted accounts (different billing and IPs) B,C,D,E,F.

Those accounts now put the kits up for sale and collect the profits, routing them to account G.

This is a terribly common setup. How do we, as a company, distinguish between your scenario and mine? Between the unwitting patsies and the knowing collaborators, or the shell accounts with spoofed IPs?

Short answer is, we cannot determine intent. We have to go on data and numbers. It's not perfect - it'll never be perfect - but it's what we have.

(And come on, folks - the vendor with 30 val hammers? Or the one with a single one, for cheap, that never seems to run out of stock? DON'T BUY THOSE.)

P

packrat

Again Jeremy. How are we suppose to know what items we cannot posses? How many items are we allowed to own? Why are vendors still selling these items? Basically everyone is guilty and no way of knowing it? You ban people and don't say what they were in possession of?
I am on the edge of closing all of my accounts because of all this nonsese.

There is a vendor on Napa that had 15 barbed kits on Napa and many other shards. How did you guys miss this?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Jeremy that does not surprise me at all. Just so you know, during the last big ban Wilki took up one of the guys who kept blabbering on the boards about how he is innocent and told everyone what he was banned for exactly. If Wilki can do it, so can you (if it makes your life easier) :p

L

Lady_Mina

So from what i can guess is :

If traders don't stop trading...they'll end up being banned?

Traders have a higher chance of comming in contact with items that are possible dupes.

I think you should rather focus on banning the dupers (the source)...and getting their vendors out of business.
Cause that's the source problem...they keep proving the servers with more and more dupes...on several accounts.

You should rather look into those 15day free accounts..wich are most likely what the dupers are using to dupe stuff...wich makes it even more profitable to them if they can escape the month fee aswell...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The moral of the story is dont "create or trade" dupes on all your accounts, only the ones that you are willing to lose.
Ok smarty pants - I'm going to show you 4 legit kits and one duped one. If you can show me which one is duped then you win.

That the FREAKING problem - you cannot tell when you have a dupe and when you dont!!!!

I sell Powder of Fort for lower than anyone on Great Lakes. Is it because I duped it? Hell no, I want it to sell fast. Should people not buy it because 'hey it might be duped'? Thats assinine.

Barb kits sell for 2.5 mil. Someone wants to move their kits quick so they price at 2.3 mil. Are those duped? Who knows?

At one time I had a dozen kits in my possession from finally getting around to filling bods.

I'm not saying everyone is innocent but THERE IS NO WAY FOR AN HONEST PLAYER TO LOOK AT A VENDOR AND KNOW IT IS DUPED ITEMS OR NOT.

Someone could buy all the dupe kits for 2 mil and put on a vendor for 2.5 mil. Oh, the price isn't low - those must be legit - but they aren't! Thats the issue - you have no way to tell. None.

Maybe EA should just get rid of vendors altogether since they are basically saying 'don't buy anything because it could be a dupe'.

That is the stupidist thing I've ever heard. Man this game is f'ed.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeremy that does not surprise me at all. Just so you know, during the last big ban Wilki took up one of the guys who kept blabbering on the boards about how he is innocent and told everyone what he was banned for exactly. If Wilki can do it, so can you (if it makes your life easier) :p

oh dear i would LOVE to see that...**** i would invite ya all over for beer just to see that !!!

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No fun. hehe.

Well, I hope you guys are not done because I saw quite a few of the main cheaters happily restocking their vendors yesterday :/

Z

Zofinur

Just so you know, during the last big ban Wilki took up one of the guys who kept blabbering on the boards about how he is innocent and told everyone what he was banned for exactly. If Wilki can do it, so can you (if it makes your life easier) :p
Choose me!

Though i cant remember Wilki did go into details for a ban, i remember at least 2 ppl were said to be unbanned!

G

Gwendar-SP

I think part is the deletion of the houses inplying that if someone is innocent they will still lose theit hard earned items.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say high five to the bans. The one or two that were actually "innocent" will get their accounts reinstated. The others probly googled the banning techniques that someone posted and wanted to "try" it.

Good riddance.

Now.. if only we could get something similar to scan for speed enhancing programs! You're on a roll Jeremy don't stop now!

C

Connor_Graham

Nope. Not true.

Player A dupes 50 barb kits and sells all for 2 mil each. (100 mil)

Player B, C, D, E, F each buy 10 kits at 2 mil each.

You ban and delete the 50 kits by banning B, C,D,E, F.

These players were buying items available (via dupe or not) on the open market and are now out 20 mil of gold and their accounts are gone.

If you had a decent system to track this stuff you would :

Delete the 50 kits.
Put the 20 mil gold back in the accounts of players B-F with an explaination.
Ban Player A
Delete his 100 mil of gold.

THAT would be how to handle it. Instead of ban the innocent and let the guilty go free.

At the end of the day - anything you do now is too late anyways. There are plenty of hammers that have been burned, kits that have been burned - items given away, sold, etc and the market has felt the impact. All this is window dressing on a problem that was ignored for too long. The damage has been done. All you are doing now is making the problem even worse when players who thought they were buying vendor items are now banned.

Having alot of barb kits and runics is something many players do. I have over 200 lockdowns in my place dedicated to runics. I'm a crafter after all and I buy every reasonable priced one I can. That is in addition to the 20k bods I have at my house. I can never have enough runics. Because this item was the focus of the duping you are now hitting alot of players that legitimately stocked up on these items believing they were clean. Its not like an event rare that should only have one in existance - on any given day there are hundreds of legit barb kits and dozens of val hammers in the game. How can you tell a true from a fake? There is no way for a player.

This is so wrong on so many levels its crazy.

You can try to explain it away all you like - but its a poor way to handle the situation. No two ways about it.
Using your logic, a duper could dupe up a storm on one account, then have a few friends buy up every one of his duped items, then put them up for resale on different vendors, thus "laundering" the duped items. They're all still priced well below what normal prices would be for those particular items, but they've already exchanged hands from the duper to "innocent" accounts, so they sell out as fast as they can stock with everyone involved making a fortune.

Nope. The buyer of items can't be held innocent every time as you say. Even those that aren't involved and are just making purchases of 10 or 20 items that are priced lower than market norms are hurting the game just as much as the duper did. When an item normally sells for 4-5mil starts selling for half that, it's pretty obvious there's something fishy with the items. Especially when those items are stocked on vendors day after day with a supply that never seems to run out.

T

Teufel_Hund

Player A splits them into stacks of ten and distributes them to trusted accounts (different billing and IPs) B,C,D,E,F.

Those accounts now put the kits up for sale and collect the profits, routing them to account G.

This is a terribly common setup. How do we, as a company, distinguish between your scenario and mine? Between the unwitting patsies and the knowing collaborators, or the shell accounts with spoofed IPs?

Short answer is, we cannot determine intent. We have to go on data and numbers. It's not perfect - it'll never be perfect - but it's what we have.

(And come on, folks - the vendor with 30 val hammers? Or the one with a single one, for cheap, that never seems to run out of stock? DON'T BUY THOSE.)
So what you are saying Jeremy is that your peeps followed the old addage of "Follow the Money" and cast the net over all in the trail?

M

Mulch

LOL
You are saying your programmers are that incompetent that duped items remain in game for days/weeks?

A good company would remove duped items in days at most, not investigate after weeks.

Y

Yalp

First... can we agree that innocent people may have been caught up in this because there is no way to tell a dupe from a real? This seems to be up for argument atm.

Second... can we throw ideas around to assist honest players from being hurt in further actions?

Such as, EA makes game wide announcement once a day on potential dupes? Like shard maintenance warnings.. an announcement that they have detected duping activity related to xxxxx. all persons should be aware that purchasing/owning duped xxxxx could result in account banning? Or including in a FoF? Or how about a town crier announcing it in the cities across the shards?

other ideas?

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL
You are saying your programmers are that incompetent that duped items remain in game for days/weeks?

A good company would remove duped items in days at most, not investigate after weeks.
You really have nothing better to do in your life then spend all day posting on the boards of a game that you clearly dislike? (Dislike being a mild word)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Using your logic, a duper could dupe up a storm on one account, then have a few friends buy up every one of his duped items, then put them up for resale on different vendors, thus "laundering" the duped items. They're all still priced well below what normal prices would be for those particular items, but they've already exchanged hands from the duper to "innocent" accounts, so they sell out as fast as they can stock with everyone involved making a fortune.

Nope. The buyer of items can't be held innocent every time as you say. Even those that aren't involved and are just making purchases of 10 or 20 items that are priced lower than market norms are hurting the game just as much as the duper did. When an item normally sells for 4-5mil starts selling for half that, it's pretty obvious there's something fishy with the items. Especially when those items are stocked on vendors day after day with a supply that never seems to run out.
The buyer must be held innocent if you cannot prove the intent and collusion.

There is NO WAY To ID duped from non-duped items.

What if the dupers sold all their items at the going rate on vendors across sosaria one at a time? How could you tell duped from non-duped. You CANT. Thats the problem.

AND - EA NEVER POSTED ANY OFFICIAL WORD on the dupes. How can you ban people from buying items that are not even determined to be part of an illegal operation.

I am not for a min saying everyone who bought items is innocent. There are plenty of shady things that can go on - but the minute you wrongly ban someone that is playing within game mechanics - you lose the faith of your honest players.

EA has lost my faith. Why even play if I can be banned for buying a runic from a vendor?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really have nothing better to do in your life then spend all day posting on the boards of a game that you clearly dislike? (Dislike being a mild word)
no he also send out pms with links to freeshards to stratics users...i just reported him for it

Y

Yalp

. Even those that aren't involved and are just making purchases of 10 or 20 items that are priced lower than market norms are hurting the game just as much as the duper did.
Again.. how do you know what is the market norm? Is what is for sale in Atl-Luna the market norm? Should my shard Baja price the same? Is Luna the norm or is it Yew, Zento or Malas? I have been scouring stratics for some price list on all items in the game... did I miss it?

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

R

RavenWinterHawk

Okay,

I wait 1 month and start buying a verite runic every month for 15 to 20 million. I buy agapites for 6 million and look for golds around 2.5 million. I think thats the going price.

I save them. Im waiting for Stygain Abyss to come out. Im banking on merchanting some new SA armor and weapons. SA gets delayed. I end up with

8 verites
14 agapites
22 gold hammers
112 bronze hammers

A dupe comes out. Am I in trouble is all I am asking.

Can we register our stuff as we buy it?
Anything.

I dont have these. I might not get them. But what i decided to and starting bodding.

J

Jeremy

A runic? No. Two or three? Naw. Thirty? Probably, yeah.

I'm not going to give a specific number for the dupers to use to game the system, but it's high enough that most casual players won't hit it. The "innocent" guy who emailed me over the weekend had 160 or so duped items. Not so innocent. eh?

For the people asking for a list - it depends on the actual dupe. Some only work on specific items, some work on just about anything. The latter kind we can't very well warn you about. I suspect runics were the new hotness this time around because of the buff they got last winter.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to go into the game and delet every single item that is a dupe? I dont want to worry about buying or having any item that might get me banned. Im kind of worried about some armor items we got about 2 years ago.
I want to buy some rares and I keep buying rubble. Im almost broke and need to make some gold. Why cant items that are duped be deleted or tracked?
thanks and enjoy

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to the bannings, can you go through and just delete all duplicated items?

R

RavenWinterHawk

A runic? No. Two or three? Naw. Thirty? Probably, yeah.

I'm not going to give a specific number for the dupers to use to game the system, but it's high enough that most casual players won't hit it. The "innocent" guy who emailed me over the weekend had 160 or so duped items. Not so innocent. eh?

For the people asking for a list - it depends on the actual dupe. Some only work on specific items, some work on just about anything. The latter kind we can't very well warn you about. I suspect runics were the new hotness this time around because of the buff they got last winter.
Thanks
Perfect
What I thought.
Confirmation in general is all I was and others were asking.
That brings my game stress down.

Now I am only 50% paranoid.
Back to my normal state.

I did by 40 dye tubs at 60k each to sell at 90k. Is that okay?

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have information you think we need, by all means pass it along!
All you have to do is log into Atlantic and spend a few minutes looking at the vendors in Luna. You can't even tell any bannings have been going on other than the runics have been hid. The barbed kits are still out and the flood of event rares are still out.

There's one vendor house consortium in particular that supports these people over and over again. The Ingot guy, the rares duper/fencers, the token guys, the runic guys all find save haven here and have for months if not years.

If you point that these vendors are selling duped goods on his message board, he bans you. If you are going to ban people for buying this stuff, for god's sake, something must be done with the person who is promoting and protecting these vendors.

You've known about these vendors for months and today they are still there. There's practically a club forming with all the people that go check to see if this house is still there on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.