• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This may be it

K

ken01

From my experience, the UO team really do investigate any reports REALLY seriously, and thus taking weeks to ban one little freeking scripter. Are you sure you would want the reason why published publicly? You've been given alot of nice character witnesses, but it confuses me that (some would say) a slow-to-react UO team would ban so quickly and harshly without any evidence.
I think ea should list accounts banned and give exact reasons why .That way the account owner can refute ,figure out if was an honest mistake or go hide if their are flagrantly guilty. We all use Pseudonyms so its not like we are being shown on tv under our real ids. But in any case with some of the long timers we owe them that much tho I personally think most are guilty so don't put me on any jury's lol.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agreed but not just putting exploitation, giving exact details
oh and its over for me too for just that reason i dont trust them

L

Lady_Mina

I think ea should list accounts banned and give exact reasons why .That way the account owner can refute ,figure out if was an honest mistake or go hide if their are flagrantly guilty. We all use Pseudonyms so its not like we are being shown on tv under our real ids. But in any case with some of the long timers we owe them that much tho I personally think most are guilty so don't put me on any jury's lol.
Yeah but then they would have to say ''account ID : Johndoe , has been perma banned on Sunday 3 august 10.44pm for being in posession of duped checks''

The account ID is the problem..

i think EA should keep that info private...but only email the people who got banned with those details.

Z

Zofinur

i would like the full story from ea to be posted on here as i have nothing to hide.
*Signs*
Discuss my (and Lucy´s) Stories in the public. We asked for it!

a friend banned who reported a bug
Hmm, i did report a bug too, but that´s quite some time ago.
On the other hand i frequently did report chars that looked like scripters and a way to proof that they were scripters.

Strange reward, eh?

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but then they would have to say ''account ID : Johndoe , has been perma banned on Sunday 3 august 10.44pm for being in posession of duped checks''

The account ID is the problem..

i think EA should keep that info private...but only email the people who got banned with those details.
I'm sure they could assign each person an Issue number and say: "Issue #1234: Banned (temp) for possession of duped goods. Investigation pending."

As long as no one posted their own number somewhere it would be anonymous but you would still be able to see who was banned for what, and find yourself on the list. My school uses it to post grades. Professers use our ID numbers, which are supposedly private, so that you can look at a list and compare to everyone else anonymously.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my exprience, the UO team really do investigate any reports REALLY seriously, and thus taking weeks to ban one little freeking scripter. Are you sure you would want the reason why published publicly? You've been given alot of nice character witnesses, but it confuses me that (some would say) a slow-to-react UO team would ban so quickly and harshly without any evidence.

BS.
A few years ago during a mass banning episode I watched a friend play UO (at his house IRL) from the point of turning on his comp to the point of a GM (who was well known for his knee-jerk bans and who later moved up the food chain...quotas anyone?) pulling him into jail, telling him he was accused of using illegal proggies (he wasn't) then disconnecting him from the game. He had no recourse, there was no "investigation" done to determine if he was being bad, it simply took one of his "victims" to page with the magic word "illegal".
He fought for a few years with weekly emails getting the same canned responses back each time.

The GMs we have now seem to be only half trained and most certainly DON'T know the game or the rules.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well my acct details arent names of a player so just use a player name of mine ie vincent vega, im ok with that as it s achar from the banned acct

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my exprience, the UO team really do investigate any reports REALLY seriously, and thus taking weeks to ban one little freeking scripter. Are you sure you would want the reason why published publicly? You've been given alot of nice character witnesses, but it confuses me that (some would say) a slow-to-react UO team would ban so quickly and harshly without any evidence.

BS.
A few years ago during a mass banning episode I watched a friend play UO (at his house IRL) from the point of turning on his comp to the point of a GM (who was well known for his knee-jerk bans and who later moved up the food chain...quotas anyone?) pulling him into jail, telling him he was accused of using illegal proggies (he wasn't) then disconnecting him from the game. He had no recourse, there was no "investigation" done to determine if he was being bad, it simply took one of his "victims" to page with the magic word "illegal".
He fought for a few years with weekly emails getting the same canned responses back each time.

The GMs we have now seem to be only half trained and most certainly DON'T know the game or the rules.
yes the crumb of comfort is that they may replace stuff but we all know that isnt gonna happen and frankly they dont give a hoot what happens to us.
ok if they wanna catch people working outside the ToS they clearly havent done the obvious. they know alot are perma banned players that sell gp for rl cash so here we go gm's what you couldnt work out...............
have a player in uo, yes actually play the game! and contact one of the perma banned to sell you gp and meet them somewhere and hey presto! you have one in front of you
not rocket science is it?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sure have my sympathy dear Lucy.. as I been screwed myself. but I had one account. so thats plainly over for me.

starting over to get banned prolly some day?
no way...

I didnt heard horrors history like this about others mmmorpg.
EA lost my trust. =(
Yep, just like in WoW where it's stated in the TOS that it's illegal to purchase gold for $$, and people whine when their account gets banned for it.

Yep, we're all innocent.

(this is not meant as disrespect to the poster, just getting a little tired of all the 'I was wrongly banned' post. Let's just wait for monday and see what Mythic has to say, though, honestly, I am surprized someone hasn't posted, because of the way they did the last time).

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people do pay to have family/friends play. on the same cc.
its good sense to ban only the account that was 'bad'.
Actually, it's not good sense at all. If they truly believe that all of these people are dupers, AND they know that all of these people have additional accounts then:

DUPER + ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTS = CAN STILL DUPE

It's plain and simple. It doesn't matter who is actually playing the accounts, it matters who is PAYING for the accounts, and under anything EA has EVER told us, you lose ONE account, you lose them ALL.

So... if these people have been banned, and have multiple accounts, and can still get into their other accounts, then something is rotten in Denmark.

J

Jeremy

Lucy, just to be perfectly clear - we do not discuss account issues with anyone but the account holder. Therefore, I'm not going to talk about your account or any other here on Stratics. Here is the dispute form - that will go to the right people to review the case. I got your email and forwarded it as well, but, as you may imagine, we're a little swamped at the moment, so please be patient.

T

Teufel_Hund

Lucy, just to be perfectly clear - we do not discuss account issues with anyone but the account holder. Therefore, I'm not going to talk about your account or any other here on Stratics. Here is the dispute form - that will go to the right people to review the case. I got your email and forwarded it as well, but, as you may imagine, we're a little swamped at the moment, so please be patient.
Jeremy will any announcement be forthcoming today? As you can well imagine there are ALOT of interested parties here.

Z

Zofinur

Here is the dispute form - that will go to the right people to review the case.
Hi Jeremy, while u r here. This next question is not ltd to Lucy´s or my case but more general:

Is there any kind of fallback-plan?

Just in case one/some of the decision u made were wrong? I mean at least the houses are gone! The werent blocked/osi-owned/burnt but deleted!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This will most likely not be discussed in any official manner on these forums. Use the link provided by Jeremy.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This will most likely not be discussed in any official manner on these forums. Use the link provided by Jeremy.

That would be a shame. There are a lot of confused people, not to mention the angry ones who dont know why they are banned and the ones scared to buy anything off vendors now for fear they will get banned. Quite a bit of misinformation is floating around right now, and people have questions...like, why only ban one account when billing info links all their accounts? If people were really doing something so bad that they get permad for it then why would it not be for all their accounts? And what were people banned for anyways? Is there a new policy that we should be aware of in order to protect ourselves?

T

Teufel_Hund

That would be a shame. There are a lot of confused people, not to mention the angry ones who dont know why they are banned and the ones scared to buy anything off vendors now for fear they will get banned. Quite a bit of misinformation is floating around right now, and people have questions...like, why only ban one account when billing info links all their accounts? If people were really doing something so bad that they get permad for it then why would it not be for all their accounts? And what were people banned for anyways? Is there a new policy that we should be aware of in order to protect ourselves?
Thank you Sarsmi for putting into words what so many of us are wondering. those of us who are still around deserve some kind of information as to what happened.

K

Kith Kanan

Jeremy you are aware that the link

"To update your incident click the link above that says, "To view or update your question from our support site, click here."

is not there at all right ???

R

RavenWinterHawk

A reasonable voice. :thumbsup:

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im quite happy to discuss it on any medium, ideally a phone chat to someone involved and not just a poor old call centre operative. pm me the number

Z

Zofinur

I was finally able to talk to an agent!

001-866-543-5435​

He was friendly, it was easy to communicate, but he told me there is no phone-support on this.
We would have to use the mentioned form and wait for an answer!

To go there follow these steps:
  1. open http://support.ea.com
  2. enter "017" in the searchbox (without the ")
  3. click on the only result-link "Information about Banned or Suspended Accounts"
  4. click on "Customer support site"
  5. and u will most likely be forwarded to http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/site_fdbck.php?formtype=3

I did this (again; because he asked me too)
Will keep u updated on my case on the european forum if u r interested...

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now got an e-mail, i was aparently in possession of a large number of illegal items! such as??? ive asked the question but wont get a reply im sure so bye bye uo. and rot in a hole ea/mythic as all i had in large numbers was snake skins so far as i know.
dont forget to turn off the light when uo has lost all its players cos of the ineptitude of the people that run it

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
now got an e-mail, i was aparently in possession of a large number of illegal items! such as??? ive asked the question but wont get a reply im sure so bye bye uo. and rot in a hole ea/mythic as all i had in large numbers was snake skins so far as i know.
dont forget to turn off the light when uo has lost all its players cos of the ineptitude of the people that run it
Large number of illegal items = Large number of duped items, or exploited items maybe. You had too many dupes, checks maybe?. Or too many items that could only be gotten by exploits, such as the black horses, glacial items I think, sigil items.

N

Nyte Doombringer

Again how are you supposed to know this?? Is there a list of every single illegal item in the game, and isnt it the games responsibility to take them out of the game, not the players to have to know, what is what?? Duped items, how would you know. I am or was a idocer, how do i know if something is duped that i got from someone house. thats just all bull****.

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What constitutes a "multitude"? How illegal is "highly illegal"?
I'm scared cos I have "some" 1-mill checks which came from selling recipes - how the HELL can I tell which, if any, are the DUD checks?
There apparently IS a difference, it seems, but not visible to the normal player - don't tell me they want us to use illegal 3rd-party programs to find out????

Oh I know - silly me - it's a GOLD SINK, isn't it? We must all now rush off and fling all our 1-mill checks into the nearest trash barrel - ta-da!

N

NewThunder

What constitutes a "multitude"? How illegal is "highly illegal"?
I'm scared cos I have "some" 1-mill checks which came from selling recipes - how the HELL can I tell which, if any, are the DUD checks?
Could you explain that a little bit better? not sure i ever heard of that method of getting checks.

D

Devil_Woman

Just a guess, but sounds like she could have spammed at the bank that she had such-and-such recipe for sale. Someone bought it from her in a direct trade window - recipe for check.

S

Soulstomp

i still think ea is totaly mad, so if i get this right , you can have a whole family playing ,, and lets say mum is the loveley angel of uo , as long she is free of dupes her acount is save ?

meaning you can run god knows how many acounts and only the acount involved gets banned ? no wonder uo is swarming with dupes , traders colectors name it, like this you never ever fix any problems.

ban all acounts if you find dupes will ya !! on same ip, on same visa same player name