• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This may be it

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im sure some of the cheaters in uo will laugh at this and some others will see this as a cheater blubbing but hey.
today i returned to my keep to find it gone! the keep that i had packed with checks. i then looked at my acct and it says banned for exploitation!
only thing i can think of is an exploitation that i reported to gms recently.
im not prepared to see almost 9 years of honest graft just fall by the wayside and im sure ea wont replace the cast or items so thats it for me. i will sell some of my rares (some of u know what they are) so that they stay in uo.
i always thought i would leave only when they switched uo off. seems thats not the case. im not gone yet as waiting for a reply from jeremy but im sure that wont come and even more sure they wont replace my cash.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my wealth took me 8 years to get and i always told peeps u cud get it honestly but boys and girls forget about the honest bit. it dont pay!

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wilki used to come on here and explain when challenged why people were banned (done for example) well i challenge jeremy to come on here and do the same. explain why vincent vega's acct was banned. best its not lefty as i told u about that.
come on front up!
to all my friends, sorry u have not seen me annoyed like this before but it sux
oh and some of u will be item rich soon :)
Jeremy i challenge u to post the reason here, im willing to face trial in public, are you?
i have nothing to hide

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is crazy, geeese report about some exploits and then you get banned. Sorry to hear this happen to you, I know you play on my shard and I know that you made money with vendors. I hope they get it cleared up for you, I can't blame for how you must feel atm. I'm sure the community on our shard would help you if you decided to stay longer.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lucy, i'm really sorry this happened to you!!! i know how absolutely scary / stressful / horrible it feels to login and find your house gone (hackers dropped mine 2 weeks ago)... and to have your account banned for reporting an exploit f'ing sucks. i really hope they can do something about this, i only know you from your posts here on the boards, but you have always struck me as a fair, honest and helpful player. i really wish you the best and i hope this is resolved so this isn't good bye :(

L

Lady_Mina

So if you page someone for exploiting there's a chance your own account can get banned for exploiting?

how weird is that...sounds like the GM's are too lazy to actualy look into it and find the real exploiter.

It's kinda weird that the Gm's don't use common sense...exploiters don't report themselfs...other people do...

S

Stomp

I am speechless. Lucy joined WoY guild some time ago after I nagged her for a while. I have seen nothing but impecable beliefs / morals and respect for others. She was often in Doom, that where I saw her behavior and extended her a guild invite, for she ressed freely, healed other to the detriment of her own chances at arties, etc. I remember seeing her as far back as the Grim Reaper event, altho it was a long time after I got to know her. Do I believe for one minute she has been exploiting - lmao - not a chance in hell. Our guild are very anti cheat / exploit as any that know WoY will tell you. She upholds those values strongly and vocally.

Jeremy - please investigate this.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to hear this Lucy. I hope it works out well for you...

I play on Europa as well and during my time in UO I have NEVER heard anything shady about the WoY guild...

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I would quit after being hacked and losing everything i worked for. The fact is once you become well known and good at the game nothing can keep you down for very long.

I was given a single CC to help restart my account I sold the CC cheap for 14m bought the items needed for a mage suit and went to doom until I had my first ever orny and a pile of other goodies to sell off. One by one I bought back everything that was lost except the 5 or 6 CCs I lost when hacked still pulling those because I don't want to pay for them.

I immediately replaced the CC that was given to me to help get me back on my feet it was the first one I pulled on a peerless and I was happy to repay the help I received. Since then I have pulled 2 or 3 more.

Where does my account stand now? 10 times better than before I was hacked. I was hacked during the magincia invasion. It only took me about 3 to 5 weeks to get my suits back in order and replace everything lost I also had an orny among other great things that I did not have before being hacked.

So yeah you can do it honestly and you can do it fast. Why quit because you lost things in UO? Hell the object of the game is nothing more than building your account up to the point you were at.

I learned something a long time ago about this game. Once you hit the top your done. You pay for a finished account you will never log in on to do anything on because you already have it all. By being forced to start over you have a reason to continue playing and you will actually experience more fun than you think each time.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what Doomsday Dragon says is very true. Once the shock and anger/sadness wears off a bit, I hope you will consider staying. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to help you get back on your feet. I can see what I have in my bank box on Europa and gladly give you anything that might help. I was hacked and lost a lot of stuff 2 weeks ago but the support and help I received from the UO community left me humbled and speechless. Now, 2 weeks later (and thanks to the current event which is allowing me to replace all my stolen armor with the new armor suits), I am almost completely recovered emotionally, and getting there financially. And I really hope Jeremy can investigate what happened and why.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its not just the cash though that is a big thing to lose honestly earned cash. its the fact that they ignore blagtant cheaters and then hey i lose lots, do i want to earn more just to lose it? anyway ive challenged jeremy to put this ban into the public debate as i have nothing to hide

Sorchaa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A serious mistake has been made,just hope they have the b***s to sort it Lucy.
Good luck,and yes I agree it's not the money, it's your good name thats been sullied.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah this is just nuts, Lucy has been on Europa as long as I can remember and thats when the shard started. I dunno this game is just going to crap lately, I bet if all the players who are just paying thier monthly fees to hold thier houses quit some jobs at EA would be terminated. Bottom line is if things don't turn around in the future with fixes those waiting on the side lines to see what happens and those who are playing keep getting shafted perhaps a shake up is needed for the peeps who are to blame for all this :coco:
Lucy I hope things get sorted out for you, we would miss you on Europa.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Well that sucks.
I did buy 2 runic hammers. I swear the guys said they were legit.
But I bought armor.

Hmm.

I wonder what will happen next week with the duper on atlantic that closed his 3 shops.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did u buy and resell any hammers or in past vine cords??

its not just the cash though that is a big thing to lose honestly earned cash. its the fact that they ignore blagtant cheaters and then hey i lose lots, do i want to earn more just to lose it? anyway ive challenged jeremy to put this ban into the public debate as i have nothing to hide

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn Lucy, I´m sorry to hear that!

If I think of cheaters/dupers/exploiters your name is the last coming in my mind.
I mean I don´t know you in real life, but we hunted together quite often and the only side I know you of, is beeing honest, friendly and kind!

*shakes head* I really hope you get at least an official answer to this crap situation! :cheerleader:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night a guildmate of mine bought a quiver of infinity and it turned out to be a bugged one. So he himself paged a GM to fix it for him. The GM ended up putting a mark on his account for having one in his possession, when he paged on himself for it to be fixed!

M

MYUO

During the last bann of 15 billion gold, some trader got banned for owning checks with higher than 1 mil gp face value. He is regular to stratics and asked Jeremy to fix it. I believe he got his account back. This is the right place to complain if you are truely innocent. Just keep pressing.

R

RavenWinterHawk

During the last bann of 15 billion gold, some trader got banned for owning checks with higher than 1 mil gp face value. He is regular to stratics and asked Jeremy to fix it. I believe he got his account back. This is the right place to complain if you are truely innocent. Just keep pressing.
I hope the banning go something like this.
TO be safe.
Hmm 20 or more valorite hammers... banned

Hmm 30 or more verite hammers... banned.

I suppose a duper could split his stash up in to 100 accounts of 20 hammers but that be a bit much.

Or EA gets in game footage of you doing the dupe 5 or more times.

I think that pretty much work out fine.

S

Sarphus

Just from what other people have said, it sounds like you're a wealthy luna vendor. This is just deduction (I don't know you from adam), but I'm guessing someone was selling something on one of your vendor houses that wasn't allowed and you got roped in with them.

Did you buy any hammers to bang out better suit pieces?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WTF .. Iam just back form early night shift rl work and reading this crap...Lucy iam so sorry to hear this...iam sure the Devs have nade a very bad mistake...oh lordy Atlantic Luna is brimming with duped goods and this happens on Europa??

Jeremy!! Devs !! Europa needs a re-boot back in time to reinstall this account and all the belongings with it.....

P

packrat

Just from what other people have said, it sounds like you're a wealthy luna vendor. This is just deduction (I don't know you from adam), but I'm guessing someone was selling something on one of your vendor houses that wasn't allowed and you got roped in with them.

Did you buy any hammers to bang out better suit pieces?
I was wondering the same thing. If I own a vendor house and rent out vendors and someone comes alone and puts a duped hammer on it. Do you lose your vendor house alone with the vendor?
That would suck for the owners of these vendor houses.

S

Sarphus

I was wondering the same thing. If I own a vendor house and rent out vendors and someone comes alone and puts a duped hammer on it. Do you lose your vendor house alone with the vendor?
That would suck for the owners of these vendor houses.
Yes.

Draconi has said fairly clearly on several occasions that you put your account at high risk if you rent out vendors to anyone who's involved in shady activity. Innocents will get banned if their level of innocense is that they trust someone that they shouldn't.

IMO, it's a bad idea to rent out vendors to anyone. It's just a step below giving your account info to someone, because you're putting yourself at the mercy of decisions they make.

For example, someone could be renting a vendor from you and then decide they want to take advantage of these nice, cheap runic hammers. So they go and buy a ton of runic hammers to bang out nice armor. They stick some of that armor on their vendors, which are at your house. BOOM! You're toast.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im sure some of the cheaters in uo will laugh at this and some others will see this as a cheater blubbing but hey.
today i returned to my keep to find it gone! the keep that i had packed with checks. i then looked at my acct and it says banned for exploitation!
only thing i can think of is an exploitation that i reported to gms recently.
im not prepared to see almost 9 years of honest graft just fall by the wayside and im sure ea wont replace the cast or items so thats it for me. i will sell some of my rares (some of u know what they are) so that they stay in uo.
i always thought i would leave only when they switched uo off. seems thats not the case. im not gone yet as waiting for a reply from jeremy but im sure that wont come and even more sure they wont replace my cash.
If you are on Atlantic, shoot me a PM and I will do what I can to help you out

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

Draconi has said fairly clearly on several occasions that you put your account at high risk if you rent out vendors to anyone who's involved in shady activity. Innocents will get banned if their level of innocense is that they trust someone that they shouldn't.

IMO, it's a bad idea to rent out vendors to anyone. It's just a step below giving your account info to someone, because you're putting yourself at the mercy of decisions they make.

For example, someone could be renting a vendor from you and then decide they want to take advantage of these nice, cheap runic hammers. So they go and buy a ton of runic hammers to bang out nice armor. They stick some of that armor on their vendors, which are at your house. BOOM! You're toast.

Umm Lucy is not online atm she lives in Europe and its like 3:30 to 4:30 in the mourning thier, but I'm sure when she gets back online she could answer the questions concerning the vendors. I don't believe she had rented out space to other players as far as I know. I believe she felt it was a direct result of submitting some information to EA concerning some techniques that were being used by duppers to ruin the game for us, while makin them RL money for them. She tries to help improve the game and gets slapped in the face with a banning and the lost of many of her items she has accumulated over the years. :coco:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Luna vendors have gone up in smoke that i can see on Europa...So no finger pointing at other player vendors....This is a sad mistake as what i can see..iam sure any of the Europa players will fuly accept a 1 day revert by the sevs when then relize what a mistake they have made..

Devs plz revert our shard...BE IT 12 HOURS .. be it 24 hours ...revert it to b4 this mess u have made...reinstall Lucys Keep and all her belongings.. then point the finger at what point she as alleged to have done wrong???.nobody on europa will mind because like me they will feel Lucy is one of the most honest players we have in our beloved UO game..

S

Sarphus

I wasn't finger pointing. I wasn't even taking an accusatory tone.

I was just trying to figure out the reasoning for the ban. I mean it could just be as simple as people who duped a lot of stuff laundered their money on her vendors or something (I think)

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what i am thinking as this is first post and no burnings had a bad vendor or three at house !!!!!!!!! or told a toon unrelated to blank off maybe

I wasn't finger pointing. I wasn't even taking an accusatory tone.

I was just trying to figure out the reasoning for the ban. I mean it could just be as simple as people who duped a lot of stuff laundered their money on her vendors or something (I think)

S

Sarphus

what i am thinking as this is first post and no burnings had a bad vendor or three at house !!!!!!!!! or told a toon unrelated to blank off maybe

Or an account ID number one off from someone who really did do something bad...

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had an account ban for owning a cheque with more then a mill on it. Id been given it as a birthday prezzy years earlier. I lost my house and everything in it. My account got re opened but i never got anything for my loss. As its not actualy yours in the first place. Sorry.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had an account ban for owning a cheque with more then a mill on it. Id been given it as a birthday prezzy years earlier. I lost my house and everything in it. My account got re opened but i never got anything for my loss. As its not actualy yours in the first place. Sorry.

What did you do with that totally HOT signature you used to use? It's ok, my wifes not looking over my shoulder tonight..:stir:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Last night a guildmate of mine bought a quiver of infinity and it turned out to be a bugged one. So he himself paged a GM to fix it for him. The GM ended up putting a mark on his account for having one in his possession, when he paged on himself for it to be fixed!
Whats wrong with this GM staff that they are so ignorant? They don't even know how to fix anything.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh crap. I got a hangover, but now I feel even worse... :confused:

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Lucy. This can't be right, this MUST be a mistake. Damnit EA!... :mad:

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear Lucy. You always seemed legit.

You didn't get an e-mail? You should check if your account wasn't 'hacked'.. Maybe someone abused it for bannable offenses.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

yep a reasonable question to ask. i dont own a shop and actually at the moment have 1 vendor.
i dont buy runics, never have done, i dont have any check over 1m in fact i dont have any of those any more too!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs god damn it ,i will say it again!!!

Devs plz revert our shard...BE IT 12 HOURS .. be it 24 hours ...revert it to b4 this mess u have made...reinstall Lucys Keep and all her belongings now sooner than later!!!..

Then you can point the finger at what point she as alleged to have done wrong??? nobody on europa will mind iam sure , because like me they will feel Lucy is one of the most honest players we have in our beloved UO game..

Iam pretty sure there as been one hellava mistake here!!!!

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucy did you e-mail Jeremy with the details?
Maybe she can straighten it out?

D

Desolation87

From my exprience, the UO team really do investigate any reports REALLY seriously, and thus taking weeks to ban one little freeking scripter. Are you sure you would want the reason why published publicly? You've been given alot of nice character witnesses, but it confuses me that (some would say) a slow-to-react UO team would ban so quickly and harshly without any evidence.

T

Trevelyan

So if no reason is given and if Lucy didn't do anything wrong, this is basically saying two things - first of all any one of us could get banned at any time and secondly is that the EA customer service reps can do what they want.

Interested in what Jeremy would have to say about this - because a GM review wont get Lucys stuff back.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if no reason is given and if Lucy didn't do anything wrong, this is basically saying two things - first of all any one of us could get banned at any time and secondly is that the EA customer service reps can do what they want.

Interested in what Jeremy would have to say about this - because a GM review wont get Lucys stuff back.
From what I understand:

-exploitation that i reported to gms recently

-keep that i had packed with checks

1+1 = 2. Maybe some of the checks were from a trade and were dodgy. GMs noticed this and figured Lucy was a big time cheater. Also in combination with the fact that in some other topic it was reported there were cheaters on EU.

T

Trevelyan

The key fact still remains that no investigation at all could have taken place - if they'd have looked into it a bit more, they'd have found no evidence at all to consider Lucy an exploiter.

And if it is based on items flagged as exploited, then maybe other people should be worrying. I mean, what if any of my stuff is the result of an exploit. I know that Hemisphere had an impossibly large amount of gold in a single container because of a decayed vendor once - left there for months I think before he noticed it. Doesn't really seem right at all!

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THIS IS JUST PLAIN CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I'm all for the banning of cheats, dupers, scripters, exploiters, etc, I really can't see the point of a policy which, although INTENDED to purge these "rotten apples", has the effect of removing totally decent, honest and innocent players. How does THIS benefit ANYONE????

If perfectly decent players like Lucy are now vulnerable, can ANY of us feel safe?

Why do I suspect that it won't be long before a whole load of innocent players are erroneously removed, and the game will (if it's not already) be totally in the hands of exactly the players who are ruining it for us all, plus a handful of naive genuine new players, who will find nothing in the game to enjoy.

Edit: I just feel sick now :(

B

bokke

The interesting thing here is that no investigation was allowed for. House was deleted with all contents and account banned. This seems to have happened to a number of people in the last 24 hours. I am sure a lot of guilty people were 'busted' but there may be a chance that some innocents were netted as well.
Twisted it seems that Lucy was netted as well considering that she was the loudest objectors to dupers and cheaters. Unless it was a front for her to fence and dupe herself?

S

Satanatra

Listen - i dont know you from a hole in the ground but...

I used to be the head conflict admin of a large UK gaming site. As such, i delt primarily with cheating accusations and reports. I can tell you that the dangers involved with making wrongful bans meant that we couldnt ban anyone unless with were 200% positive that the person was cheating WHICH, if the player has half-a-brain, is near impossible to be. Because of this, many cheaters went unpunish although we were 99% certain they were hacks. Punishing ONE innocent player is much WORSE than letting 5 cheaters continue to cheat (they eventually slipped up and gave us the evidence we needed anyway).

Im certain that this is the same with EA/Mythic here. They are accused of being "slow to act" because they indeed have to be. Then when they do act, of course no one stops to think that they might be right. Now suddenly they are over-zealous power hungry lazy bastards. They really cant win.

Next point is - pretty much 100% of the people i banned went straight to the public forums with their professions of innocence. Forums are not courtrooms, there is no judge, there is no evidence. The Jury (us), for the most part are blatantly anti-establishment and so we take the side of the player. Again, they cant win.

Should Jeremy come here and enter a public debate with this person? NOOOO! That would be a disaster and mean that in the future forum members would expect that Jeremy had to explain EVERY decision they make. And you now what? You can talk until ur blue in the face and certain vocal people will NEVER believe you. Guess what? they cant win.

Basically, if it smells like ****, tastes like ****, looks like ****, ITS XXXXXXX ****. A keep full of checks - gimme a break.

I feel sorry for Jeremy and everyone she works with tbh and this reminds me of why i quit professional gaming.

Satan.

I say ban them all and let God sort them out.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does anyone know if this player wasnt cheating. EA/Mythic(or whatever its called now) rarely cracks down on cheats. If they actually came out and banned this player my bet is this player was doing something wrong. Quit crying, even if you didnt do anything major, chances are you were cheating or knowing involved with some cheaters. Props for the ban. If only they did this on a consistant basis to all the pvp cheats. By the logic of this thread, innocent players are being targeted by EA in the few situations action is taken against an account. Yeah EA is just such Nazis and you are being persecuted for nothing. Enough already.

J

jack flash

what a load of S**T DEV's

if there is any doubt why not lock the keep and investigate

you dropped her new keep, some other person has placed before we can get it back for her WTF

ok do i doubt her honesty?

i have so much faith in her, i am willing to lay down a years subs on her good name.
DEVS you revert EUROPA immeditately restore her keep and belongings
AND SORT YOUR F**KING SELVES OUT

disgraceful

To Lucy,:thumbsup: i, like many others, (my icq has gone mad with messages), have no doubts about you, never will, you have helped me for the years we have played this game, as Stomp said, you are a great assest to WoY (i am Whisperer/Fera Cael/Dumbar WoY )

If Europa is not reverted, i will out of protest, never pay for this game again

this time, the underachievers who should hold their heads in shame who are responsible for this total F**K UP have gone toooo far