• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Mesana @kyronics : Our Wish List for 2019..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have an alternate way to get "invasion spellbooks."
Or, you know, have regular invasions.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Create something similar to the jewelry box for our gear and weapons, please, with filtering possibilities. Perhaps a wardrobe and a weapons stand?
- The possibility to combine the charges of musical instruments with the same slayer or superslayer characteristics.
- Masonry walls, floors, stairs and others don't land in your backpack anymore when you try to put them in a beetle. Plus, they become stackable.
- Also grass tiles land in your backpack when you try to pack them on a beetle. Please repair this. BTW, wouldn't mind if you introduced water, swamp and lava tiles.
- Reduce the amount of yeasts to only one anymore, with the plusses removed. The ++ yeasts were coveted when brewing was still new, but now, everyone has enough ++ yeast. While you're at it, make yeast stackable too.
- A multitude of other items aren't stackable.
- Customizable castles and keeps.
- Make wool lighter, and improve spinning wheels and looms to prevent RSI. Wouldn't mind if you made leather lighter too.
- Certain creatures can be tamed, but do not bond (for example the skittering hopper).
- Someone's placed a fireplace on top of a polar bear skin at West Britain Bank on Drachenfels. Please take either fireplace or rug away. I feel for the poor animal.
- Level 8 treasure maps
- And erm... a possibility to buy playtime. What I mean, I'm a returner. While my account is already quite old, I still need to wait a terribly long time before I can claim certain veteran rewards (such as the shard hopping shields). For example, I'd be prepared to pay 6 months of playtime and my account would then become 6 months older too.
- PS: We have a recipe for the runic atlas now, but that leaves us stick with runebooks. How about an alternative recipe to use one or more old runebooks to create a new runic atlas?

Last edited:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Abandon thy possessions and set thyself free!
Says the thief.... lol!
But we kinda agree with you, even though we are pack rats to the extreme. (We even collect candles and torches cause they are stackable!)

There is no clear cut evidence that shard shields have harmed the game. Actually, they may be helping the game. Did you try to get some items on low pop shards? Either they cost a gozillion uo gold due to monopoly, example some PS, or you absolutely will not find the items you need.
Are you serious?!?! You do realise that you actually use an argument to indeed remove them here? The reason low pop shards have no items on vendors or crazy expensive ones, is BECAUSE all those are moved off to Atlantic to sell for inflated prices?
We personally really feel neutral on that issue btw, as we are self-sufficient so hardly look on vendors anyway, but this struck us as too weird not to respond to.

Certain creatures can be tamed, but do not bond (for example the skittering hopper).
Our SkitHop is bonded, just give it Tasty Treats and it will bond. :)

PS: We have a recipe for the runic atlas now, but that leaves us stick with runebooks. How about an alternative recipe to use one or more old runebooks to create a new runic atlas?
Runebooks still have their use we feel, they take up less space in (cluttered) bagpacks so can have an advantage for chars not carrying many runes. Secondly, if you want to get rid of them, why not add them to the Inscription BOD for runebooks?

And erm... a possibility to buy playtime. What I mean, I'm a returner. While my account is already quite old, I still need to wait a terribly long time before I can claim certain veteran rewards (such as the shard hopping shields). For example, I'd be prepared to pay 6 months of playtime and my account would then become 6 months older too.
This would be a really successful way to get more revenue we'd think? And we don't see a problem with it, as long as the amount will be equal to what others have paid over the years.

Laura Gold, PLEASE learn to edit your posts, no need to post 2 or 3 in a row surely?

And as for our own wish for 2019: An event free year!!
To finally be able to catch up with a lot of the older stuff still to be done. In a way it seems our wish might be sort of granted, as with the newsletter mention a year for High Seas mostly, it feels a bit like event free for us as we have no High Seas anyway haha!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Repair all the player-written books that have been edited with the Enhanced Client; then copy and paste the CC editing code into the EC.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Are you serious?!?! You do realise that you actually use an argument to indeed remove them here? The reason low pop shards have no items on vendors or crazy expensive ones, is BECAUSE all those are moved off to Atlantic to sell for inflated prices?
We personally really feel neutral on that issue btw, as we are self-sufficient so hardly look on vendors anyway, but this struck us as too weird not to respond to.
Tabby, I respect your posts very much, but:
That is a subject of previous hot debates. There are several items:

== And to cure this you would kill both the chicken and the egg?
== People left the game altogether for diff. reasons, so the shards became less pop, including Atl.
== Prices on Atl are not as inflated as you think : Actually they are much worse on low pop shards, due to the low number of items for sale, and monopolies. Atl prices are LOWER than in my shard at least.
== Look at the posts in here, even in this thread : Vets are waiting for their shields anxiously to get a chance to "see" other shards. Taking these out, after years of waiting would make these people STUCK on their shards, with no ability to check items elsewhere, and to say the least THEN cause them to buy Xfers to permanently move to other shards?
== For every major action there is a reaction. And the reaction of people perm stuck in a low pop shard could be really detrimental for the game.
== There are ways to bring up more interest in the game, and one is not to remove xfer shields. Instead bring back some old content, perhaps beefed up a little bit like Tokuno stuff, and others? Lots of other things, too many to count. Including make residing in low pop shards more rewarding one way or another. The ways are too many to count. Just all they need to do is use the imagination, and a little creative play-crafting, mostly without the massive grind-festing and no REAL rewards..Make it profitable to be in low-pop shards, somehow..(i dont know, lower vendor fees, lower price castles, no fees for pet stalls..more drops, faster skill gains..the list is massive).
== The answer to low pop shards is not the xfer shields imho, but it is complex, and one of the major offenders is the lack of meaningful content and meaningful rewards, and the massive grind for new content resulting in NO meaningful reward to a lot of players.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Says the thief.... lol!
Most of what I steal gets trashed. I am just helping people have a good time. I assure you that all of my marks feel a little bit better when I "unburden" them. Except maybe the really whiny ones but I'm sure they begin to appreciate my hard work once the tears stop flowing.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And to cure this you would kill both the chicken and the egg?
Hey hey, as we said we are completely neutral in that whole discussion, if anything we agree with Malagaste that that rabbit is out of the hat and it is too late to catch it anyway. Regardless whether it would be better or not. We were just pointing out that one reason you mentioned to keep the Shields is in our opinion doing the opposite. We don't understand how your shard became more expensive, as from all friends with vendors on Europa we understood they NEED to set their prices higher than they would charge normally or woosh, an Atlantic trader snaps it up and sells with a big profit there. So Europa gets barren of decent priced goods. That is what we heard multiple times so when you write shard shields HELP that situation it felt strange.
Really, we can get shard shields ourselves but we can't imagine using them unless we would move house to Asia one day to move to an Asian shard for the connection. Other than that, never enough time for our home shard so feel no urge to look around elsewhere!

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tabby I notice that you use "we" a lot in your posts instead of "I" and i'm curious to see if you are speaking for more than yourself?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey hey, as we said we are completely neutral in that whole discussion, if anything we agree with Malagaste that that rabbit is out of the hat and it is too late to catch it anyway. Regardless whether it would be better or not. We were just pointing out that one reason you mentioned to keep the Shields is in our opinion doing the opposite. We don't understand how your shard became more expensive, as from all friends with vendors on Europa we understood they NEED to set their prices higher than they would charge normally or woosh, an Atlantic trader snaps it up and sells with a big profit there. So Europa gets barren of decent priced goods. That is what we heard multiple times so when you write shard shields HELP that situation it felt strange.
Really, we can get shard shields ourselves but we can't imagine using them unless we would move house to Asia one day to move to an Asian shard for the connection. Other than that, never enough time for our home shard so feel no urge to look around elsewhere!
Atl is my home shard but it can get annoying sometimes, so I hop new shards all the time to meet new people, and enjoy solo play with very little threat from pks or people farming what you need. I love playing multiple shards, they all have pros and cons. That's why I love xferring, and I don't even have shard shields... I pay 160m per transfer (so I can have one extra to transfer back), and I still don't mind. Maybe WoWs looking for group spoiled me and I just now prefer hopping around I dunno :)

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Tabby I notice that you use "we" a lot in your posts instead of "I" and i'm curious to see if you are speaking for more than yourself?
Oops! Yeah, we are twins IRL, such close twins that we practically always think and speak in plural, even when we are alone. Gives some funny/awkward situations at times hehe. We sometimes manage to write a message as Tabby, but most of it is very OOC hehe.
I pay 160m per transfer (so I can have one extra to transfer back), and I still don't mind.
:eek::eek: Wow that is expensive! We'd only pay that much for a castle haha! Anyway, we don't want to take anything away from others, it is important that people can do what they like best. That is one of the nice things of UO. Very much a to each their own world, where lots of play styles thrive. If you visit Europa, do say Hi! :wink::wink:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Instead bring back some old content, perhaps beefed up a little bit like Tokuno stuff, and others?
Turning the ToT event back on was asked for so much, and denied so often, we all just finally gave up on that I think.

Plus, the harsh cold reality is, thyat if this team did turn it back on, they would triple the mob difficulty, and cut the drop rate by 75%. As stuff like that seems to be fun to them. *shrugs*

I'm hanging on till JUne, and if tmaps and sos's are fixed, and fixed right, without becoming yet another grind, Im out. So the rest of it doesn't really amtter to me at all

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason given for ToT not being turned back on was that "the rewards need updating." Which is true, most of them aren't worth even considering in a modern suit...though the mempo is still in demand.

There are problems simply with beefing up the rewards as well, mainly balance issues and the fear of adding to the inexorable power creep (though most of the items could probably be modernized without making them OP). The dyes on the other hand...ugh...they sell the big ones in the store, so we'll probably never be allowed to get them for "free." (And most of the small dyes were fuggles)

I would suggest a narrowly focused thread aimed at player suggestions for updating ToT minor and majors (without making them OP) Hell, I'll start it... ;)

EDIT: Here it is - Updating the Treasures of Tokuno artifacts

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Regarding the Deluxe Journeyman’s Armor, remove the football helmet, give us a choice of head gear

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You cannot loot that corpse!!

Um... why?
Situation: my pet's area effect killed a peasant outside guard zone under Trammel.
I can "open" the corpse to look at the loot, but I can't take the loot. Why?
Just let me take the loot.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turning the ToT event back on was asked for so much, and denied so often, we all just finally gave up on that I think.

Plus, the harsh cold reality is, thyat if this team did turn it back on, they would triple the mob difficulty, and cut the drop rate by 75%. As stuff like that seems to be fun to them. *shrugs*

I'm hanging on till JUne, and if tmaps and sos's are fixed, and fixed right, without becoming yet another grind, Im out. So the rest of it doesn't really amtter to me at all
It makes no sense though, they act as if it removes actual money from their pockets if they turn on things like this that we've all voiced we want...........oh wait a minute........hrm.........

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"That would exceed your vendor's account limit..."

Why does my vendor have an account limit of 1M? I can get 1M from monster loot in a reasonable period of time. Please increase the vendor limit to about two billion gold.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"That would exceed your vendor's account limit..."

Why does my vendor have an account limit of 1M? I can get 1M from monster loot in a reasonable period of time. Please increase the vendor limit to about two billion gold.
This was brought up in a different thread. You can use BOD books to put much more gold on your vendor. Haven't tried yet but they said you can buy your own BODs to add gold.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
An alternate path for getting Veritae's Music Box Gear
An alternate path for getting Conjurer's Trinket
An alternate path for getting a harpsichord
An alternate path for getting a music box
An alternate path for getting A Holiday Tree
An alternate path for getting... well, everything that was available for a limited time only and is now unavailable.
An alternate path for getting... everything useful or decorative that is now preposterously hard to get

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Something I like to wish for. I know we had the Keeps and Castles contests, all well good a lot of people were happy to replace the Keeps they had along with the castles to the new models. But I like the OLD style layout of the Keeps and Castles, and I hated that I could not just remodel the current floor plans of the OLD keeps. I wanted to place a NORMAL Keep and then DIY a wall or door to remove or access the areas that cannot get to in the OLD keeps. For the OLD castle, I just want to place House teleporters (Not the Vet or store ones) that would allow me to get to one side of the castle and back. That is my wish on housing.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FIX THIS PLEASE!

UOSA0050.jpg UOSA0051.jpg UOSA0052.jpg UOSA0053.jpg UOSA0054.jpg

Certain foundation styles do not go all the way to the edge of the walls making it look like the west wall is hanging in the air. Drives me nuts. I'll actually design a house one tile short because of it.

As you can see some of the foundations look correct.

Also, please please please add a foundation style that matches and is visually and properly aligned with the stone walls.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FIX THIS PLEASE!

View attachment 91775 View attachment 91776 View attachment 91777 View attachment 91778 View attachment 91779

Certain foundation styles do not go all the way to the edge of the walls making it look like the west wall is hanging in the air. Drives me nuts. I'll actually design a house one tile short because of it.

As you can see some of the foundations look correct.

Also, please please please add a foundation style that matches and is visually and properly aligned with the stone walls.
I see that your OCD went to the same school as mine. very irritating indeed

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please fix: "You can't reach that" being unable to loot kills that are on uneven ground. Lots of places in Dungeon Destard; also Sphynx area in The Lost Lands.

While you're at it: Take off the line-of-sight check for Honoring. Did you know that sometimes you can't honor something that is close enough so that you can smack it with a melee weapon?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic client: please allow a mouseover of a vendor's pack to show how many items are in it. Or, you know, just take the limit off the number of items that can go onto a vendor.

Classic client: Please show the ring / bracelet / helmet / gorget / necklace on a mannequin paper doll in exactly the same way that it's shown on a player-character's paper doll.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Redesign the bare-breast-hanging-out piece of Darden's armor (turtle chest) so that it does not leave a breast hanging out.
Hint: Armor should cover what it's protecting.

(Why yes, I DO wear a fancy shirt with my armor.)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic client: Stop bouncing my buff bar downward. I want to have the top edge at the top of the screen, but when I drag it there, it bounces downward (way too much) in a few seconds.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"There are no hostiles on the screen to select"
Um, yeah, I'm in the middle of a group of five myrmidex that are beating on my armor.
Please fix.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Redesign the bare-breast-hanging-out piece of Darden's armor (turtle chest) so that it does not leave a breast hanging out.

Awesome..! I love your post! By the way a couple of ancient civilizations left behind very nice depictions (drawings, sculptures etc.) of ladies with the traditional dress, showing exactly that most wonderful part of the human body.
One was the Minoan Civilization, ~4-5,000 yrs BC, and the other questionably related unknown civilization hinted at at Akrotiri, Santorini Greece, destroyed by the biggest volcanic eruption in the world, that destroyed Santorini, left a crater-island we see today, and created a massive tsunami that killed the Minoan Civ. likely.
The pics are not bad, they only show women boasting "proper" busts, and no "improper" or sagging down to the knees busts, somehow. Also amazingly, the pics from Santorini-Akrotiri (possibly fabled Atlantis?) are superbly preserved, and show women with lip color i.e. they were using lip paints then! Sry I could not resist to put this off topic post on, but history is fascinating.:)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is, indeed. But I doubt this was the biggest volcanic eruption in the world. Other candidates, e.g., are the Toba, Tambora and the Yellowstone super volcano. There are many more. Much has happened in about 4.000.000.000 years. There should have been bigger eruptions. ;)

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

There is a female version (both breasts covered) and a male version (one pectoral uncovered). Unfortunately, their item graphics are difficult to differentiate from one another (plus they're named identically). The RNG being what it is, one probably drops far more than the other.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a female version
In addition to wondering why Darden was running around in armor that didn't cover an area that should be protected, I have to wonder if he was also a cross dresser sometimes.

I think I already posted "increase Eodon drop rate of Eodon goodies" somewhere in this thread... ... ... yes, this is as good a reason here as "because not being able to make a chef's hat for years for a legendary tailor is silly."

Oh oh, that reminds me... see next post.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let a grandmaster scribe make recipe scrolls of every recipe that he or she has learned, and such books as "mechanical life," and any spells in any spellbook e.g. Spellweaving, and mastery primer books and... well, any printed matter really. It's all just writing omelet down on paper, isn't it?

... and we need pancake recipes because right at the moment it seems there are zero pancakes given.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reduce the amount of gold given for a Compassion escort quest AND remove the 5-minute timer. Also remove the limit that can be done per day.
Why: because it's silly to be told that you can't be compassionate for the rest of the day or that if you are then it doesn't count anyway.
(It's also silly that you LOSE compassion by sticking a bandage on someone, but hey.)

I think we already mentioned "fix Justice gains so that killing any red-named thing under Fel ruleset counts for increasing Justice."
Why: because abusing a second account to gain Justice virtue is a dumb game mechanic.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get rid of overland server boundaries. Do you really need to auto-get-naked and re-auto-dress so many times while walking on the road to Minoc?
Do "servers" really exist or is that all virtualized now?

Not willing to fix that? At least, how about not depleting my mana and HP every time I cross a server boundary?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make pet summoning balls more useful than logging off then on again, which is what everyone does now

JobriathCairn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish list: or my two coppers worth
For me personally:
A single client moving forward and all the efficiencies that would give. I'd be willing to learn the EC client ONLY IF it could have the CC graphics - or hell any custom mod graphics set - as long as the game engine is the same.
Eyes hurt too bad with EC after 20 mins or so - some of us are old remember :]. Only 1 game engine to support, gotta help with moving forward .

For newcomers - the folks we need:
1) Get rid of fees on vendors so people stock them. Newbies find there's nothing to buy and barking in gen chat is a role playing killer.
2) Introduce a rares buyer - a specific shopkeep who buys all the minor arties that no one wants, at a decent amount of gold - say 100k per artifact rarity point. So sad to see a newbie train up, get some minor arties or a stealable, only for them to find out no veterans will buy it. Makes it pointless for them to have done it.. Could also give gold based on item weight for the artifact drops - sell the junk legendaries for something at least.
3) With the exception of seasonal events - keep ALL events live - all the time. Khaldun chests, Treasures of Tokuno, Harbingers, the lot - lower the drop rate, fine - but at least make the drops possible. Right now poor newbies asking about Kasa's of the Rajin or 140 conjurers garbs only to be told you're too late, event is over, can't get anymore - yell in chat if you want to find one - but you can't afford it - must be very frustrating.
4) Let lower level monsters have a rare chance at something good. Kill slimes for two weeks and 1 should have a decent legendary that you could at least sell to the shopkeep in 2). Very disheartening to hear newcomers in gen chat asking for tips on how to solo the roof as that's the only place they can get good gear.
5) My major bugbear with most games - Every single piece of information regarding the game should be available in-game. You should never have to go to an external website to learn what a white wyrm is, what its stats are and how to kill it. This information should be available in bookstores (add bookstores), read in tomes in libraries/lycaeum or as a lecture from the training npcs. Full item codex, complete bestiary, training manuals, pvp basics etc. Again add to the role playing

Anyway, that's my tired brain. Love to know what folks think.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get rid of monsters looting player corpses. That's not fun at all -- especially in a spawn area, where a monster's body decays so quickly a player is unlikely to recover his items. Or perhaps they could be limited to looting only food and gold.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Get rid of monsters looting player corpses. That's not fun at all -- especially in a spawn area, where a monster's body decays so quickly a player is unlikely to recover his items. Or perhaps they could be limited to looting only food and gold.
Nope. Leave it as-is. At most, slow the mob decay rate to that of a player corpse. This game needs to have some risks inherent in certain actions. This is one of them.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope. Leave it as-is. At most, slow the mob decay rate to that of a player corpse. This game needs to have some risks inherent in certain actions. This is one of them.
my only issue with the looting occurred during the Khaldun event, when those certain mobs that died and became another type of mob. if they looted you in their first form you had 0 chance to get your items back. your items disappeared when the creature transformed. lost several bandies and BoS that way.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mob stealing seems to have changed. You used to lose heavy items. Gold, bandages, bags with items.
I die often. Now when I look to see whats missing, the gold and bags are still there. Ill find a 1 stone cursed necklace that I was going to turn in for trash points on the corpse.

Status
Not open for further replies.