• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Mesana @kyronics : Our Wish List for 2019..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got stuck in a small orc fort the other day on a different shard than I play. It's when I was marking runes to the secret Malas locations.

Anyways, got killed by the orcs and got the message something was looted. So I rezzed, went back and threw down an energy vortex. Killed all the orcs and checked the corpses. The Orc Lord had looted like 7 items. I don't remember them looting so many items before.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got stuck in a small orc fort the other day on a different shard than I play. It's when I was marking runes to the secret Malas locations.

Anyways, got killed by the orcs and got the message something was looted. So I rezzed, went back and threw down an energy vortex. Killed all the orcs and checked the corpses. The Orc Lord had looted like 7 items. I don't remember them looting so many items before.
What are the secret malas locations? :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are the secret malas locations? [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:)[/bcolor]
They are hidden housing spots, only accessible by dropping a rune into hidden bags around Malas. one of them is in the southwest tower of the walls around Luna. more info here

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
There are some games outhere uo spinn offs, that if you are Red, and kill a blue or innocent player, the victims buddies catch up to you and kill you, they remove your head from your corpse, and after rez, if they don't give it back to you, you sustain PERM skill and stat loss, pretty damaging. Unless you are able to bribe them to give you back your head, with lots of gold. How does that sound for a new challenge for PK-minded players. I.e. put more risk for the red on the table.
This can be done with all pk, not just Red Pker, but Blue Pker that instigates an attack against a Blue player, but only in spawns in Fel, so that the PvP is not affected elsewhere.
It did not cause the PVP/Pkers to quit at the uo spinnoffs, and some tout thousands of players to this date.
Just a thought.
**Hides cautiously under table to avoid the flames and barrage of rotten tomatoes tossed this way by our friendly PK folks**:devil:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are some games outhere uo spinn offs, that if you are Red, and kill a blue or innocent player, the victims buddies catch up to you and kill you, they remove your head from your corpse, and after rez, if they don't give it back to you, you sustain PERM skill and stat loss, pretty damaging. Unless you are able to bribe them to give you back your head, with lots of gold. How does that sound for a new challenge for PK-minded players. I.e. put more risk for the red on the table.
This can be done with all pk, not just Red Pker, but Blue Pker that instigates an attack against a Blue player, but only in spawns in Fel, so that the PvP is not affected elsewhere.
It did not cause the PVP/Pkers to quit at the uo spinnoffs, and some tout thousands of players to this date.
Just a thought.
**Hides cautiously under table to avoid the flames and barrage of rotten tomatoes tossed this way by our friendly PK folks**
What happens when they won't give you your head back? Lots of pks don't need the gold.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What happens when they won't give you your head back? Lots of pks don't need the gold.
Serious, PERM Stat and skill loss. Not a very nice thing, and that would make the PK'er try to regain the skills back, also the stats.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep that would mean if you are Red, or Blue Pker at spawns, better not die, just got to be really really good (PKer).

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ninja skree form, allows casting of mysticism spells at the same level as if ninjitsu skill were mysticism skill. LOL.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More dinosaur artwork that isn't just copied from the Ter Mur and slightly magnified.
wait wait wait...

More dinosaur artwork that isn't just copied from the Ter Mur and slightly magnified.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "mini-boss" of an Abyss mini-spawn should always have at least one of the Essence for his area.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For 2019 we need tree of skill, a vet reward for 20 year old vets, that gives a char bound mythic token even month.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For 2019 we need tree of skill, a vet reward for 20 year old vets, that gives a char bound mythic token even month.
So you want them to give you gold pretty much. If you've been playing that long you should have every skill trained, and most or all stoned!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Using potions and lotions and pies on pets (by dropping the item onto the pet).

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you want them to give you gold pretty much. If you've been playing that long you should have every skill trained, and most or all stoned!
not really, they can be made account bound, like shard shields.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would also like to see a rug of power, that gives a random powerscroll every week, like the pirate rug.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Create a central trading post like 1001 other games out-here, where you just put what you want to sell, put price on it, stays on for 7 days only then returns to your bank box if not sold. No fees for it and if fees make it 1% per day. Make the trading post universal, so you access it from any shard at any time. If you sold the item, the gold goes to your bank account. Call it something fancy "The Trader's Union". May ask a one time fee for access or other scheme, make it accessible to all. :lie:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Create a central trading post like 1001 other games out-here, where you just put what you want to sell, put price on it, stays on for 7 days only then returns to your bank box if not sold. No fees for it and if fees make it 1% per day. Make the trading post universal, so you access it from any shard at any time. If you sold the item, the gold goes to your bank account. Call it something fancy "The Trader's Union". May ask a one time fee for access or other scheme, make it accessible to all. :lie:
Ya I really like WoWs auction system. The only problem I forsee with that is scripters reallllly undercutting people on a constant basis. It's usually not that bad on WoW though, but there's also 59584737 million players hehe

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ya I really like WoWs auction system. The only problem I forsee with that is scripters reallllly undercutting people on a constant basis. It's usually not that bad on WoW though, but there's also 59584737 million players hehe
Agree that they have lots of more players. Imagine the database they use to store all the items, also a sortable database so you can pick what you want. If it is doable for such a digitally busy environment, multi-shards etc, why should it not work for UO. It is one more option to keep people in the game. Also a way to get items out of people's boxes, and move them on. The way it is now if you put some items on your vendors, the fees alone will cause you to lose HUGE value. So they stay in people's storage and collect dust mostly. For years lol.
Make it so that paying accounts only can buy things there, but EJ F2P accounts can "see" what is there.
Many options. May help low pop shards a lot, since items from other shards are available this way.:)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Increase drop rate of gargish headgear (earrings) to match the drop rate of items that occupy other slots.

The problem is that there is only one kind of gargish earrings and a half dozen or so kinds of leggings, say.
A quick fix might be to add more gargish earring and goggle styles to the mix

==
Also note: some human headgear never seems to drop as loot.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get rid of "requires stygian abyss" and "requires time of legends" requirements for wearables and wieldables.
Those are fiction breakers.
"I'm sorry, you can't wear tiger hotpants because um er uh ..."

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
A global market would be a really good idea and would help with the huge imbalance in economies, it's so hard to get the basic things you need on some shards now and so much gets stripped and shipped off to you-know-where. But it won't happen, I think they'll only be happy when we are all forced onto Atlantic and the server dies under the strain. :(

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a mouseover of a tree tell what kind of wood it's going to give, because you would think that a grandmaster lumberjack would know before he chops into it.

Have wood type be persistent because, you know, really, a tree that gives oak wood today doesn't give ash wood tomorrow.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Captn Norrington

Can this thread be locked? I think all the good ideas have been posted already. I'm tired of reading every stupid idea that this one particular person is coming up with.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There should be gargish and human equivalents to the Darkwood Suit.
For gargoyles, there should be gargish equivalents to just about every named suit.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Captn Norrington

Can this thread be locked? I think all the good ideas have been posted already. I'm tired of reading every stupid idea that this one particular person is coming up with.
We don't lock threads just because a topic is old or the ideas aren't as new, there has to be significant and repeated rule violations to do that.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make looted items less garbage

I don't need swing speed, damage increase, lower reagent cost and +magery on a ring. Nobody needs that. Have items make up their mind on who they want to be worn by rather than not being usable by anybody.

Also, bring peerless loot up to modern standards, have stuff worth using and not just a high quantity of low quality trash. I don't want to have to play Shadowguard to even want to look at the loot.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And why is there a report button on my post? Do they really think we are gonna report ourselves??? :hahaha:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make the humility quest chain doable more than once per character,
Also buff up the virtue suit (did I say that before?) so that people will want to use it.
...and buff up the Shield of Pride too.
... and buff up Dupre's Shield. If Dupre were around, he would be using a roof loot shield and not this thing with his name on it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Abolish stable stall charges! And allow an account to own 1 account in one shard and another in another shard, total of two accounts! *Jeez I can count!* :pie:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
With your 1 account be able to have one pet vendor stall in LS and one in GL no more that total of two..

And either make the vendor rent reasonable, or remove vendor fees. These fees are what is keeping the pet vendors dropping out everywhere. Jus make fees less painful. I see pets with massive prices (scrolled trained and skilled etc), for many millions uo gold. They remain unsold for long times (months lots of times). Their fees must be huge. So the result is empty vendor lots, esp in low pop shards.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With your 1 account be able to have one pet vendor stall in LS and one in GL no more that total of two..

And either make the vendor rent reasonable, or remove vendor fees. These fees are what is keeping the pet vendors dropping out everywhere. Jus make fees less painful. I see pets with massive prices (scrolled trained and skilled etc), for many millions uo gold. They remain unsold for long times (months lots of times). Their fees must be huge. So the result is empty vendor lots, esp in low pop shards.
And let everyone rent stalls. I don't have whatever xpac you need to rent them yet, but have pets to sell! :)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't disappear parrying off a pet just 'cause its wrestling dropped from 100 to 99.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.