• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Endless Journey is Here

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah all but 2 of mine are...and all of them are empty....

I noticed that with the last RtB but I was hoping it was just a glitch or something.....

I ran auctions on Origin WAY back when it was still new and I had a few chars on one account..one was the auctioneer, obviously, and I KNOW she had tons of stuff on her from unsold auction items...original pieces of blackrock that we worked into a little RP story...she's not even ON the account anymore.

Out of the 7 now EJ accounts, 3 of them are 6 months old and 2 of them are 7 months old but only have 1 noob char on each, the 2 I cannot get into MIGHT have been trial accts that I never paid for but they should still be considered right?

I never got e-mails either.
A couple of mine are 64 and 68 months old. packed up my banks before shutting them down...not going to play the guessing game and re-sub the wrong accounts tho. :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
A couple of mine are 64 and 68 months old. packed up my banks before shutting them down...not going to play the guessing game and re-sub the wrong accounts tho. :(
Yeah exactly! I wish they would allow us to LOOK into our banks....just not take anything out....I have a few that do have random items in their packs and are wearing some sort of armor so I know they HAVE to have stuff in their bank....if I could SEE it I might pay to get it out! lol :/

Frustrating!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah all but 2 of mine are...and all of them are empty....
Sorry, I meant empty because I took anything useful out. They had this:

upload_2018-4-8_11-34-48.png

all my accounts were updated to EJ accounts sometime during the night, Didn't get an email at all, but every account I've ever had was updated overnight.

*EDIT*
It's going to take days to go through all these characters/accounts to see what they are wearing and whats in their "backpacks".

If they aren't going to let EJ account use their banks, a good idea would have been to let us at least look in them to see what accounts are worth subbing to. (It's a guessing game on what account had banks full of stuff and what accounts didn't) :(
Originally EJ returners were supposed to be able to see their bank boxes.

It is sad that the developers do not know how important this is. Players could find they accounts they want to open.

This is just causing frustration.

And it is partially on the players. The board was full of EJ accounts are just going to script all the resources if they have a bank.

HA someone saw my young player status and gave me some gold.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Larisa sorry you lost your chars and stuff :(
I have had one account back and one is still in limbo, my husband got his other account back, oddly they were both from 2013 but only one is reactivated, neither of us had any e-mails saying accounts were now EJ.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah all of my inactive accounts were made in 2006/2007 except one was made in 2004...

Weird that I have 2 accts made on the same day, one active and one not...and then the other 2 made on the same day one active one not...but again they might have been trials that I never paid for I don't know.

Mia..my auctioneer....she SHOULD be there....I know she's on a once-paid for account because I played her regularly....I just don't get it, I'm quite depressed about that! She was one of my favorites lol

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
All of my accounts are EJ now. I did not get any emails.

I wonder if they are emailing the ORIGINAL emails for all these accounts? Some people are reporting emails and some are not. I don't even remember what email addresses I was using when I started UO... 1998 was over half my life ago.

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a feeling the not being able to look in our banks is going to cause them to miss out on a lot of re-subbing accounts / MONEY.

Just found this guy and his prepatch pets on Oceania (all shards on this account have backpacks full of 6th anniversary gift bags with bells, personal bless deeds on all characters, maxed skills, etc) not being able to see in my bank is stopping me from re-subbing this account :(.

(1st stable I've checked so far) characters were first, now on to the stables on all accounts/shards.

will be transferring some pets around I know that for sure :D
Capture2.PNG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried to make a secret toon but a player could tell it was me when I walked out of the gate...

Deimos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Managed to recover my original account from a hacker, thanks to UO support (Why this couldn't have been done the 5+ times I tried in the past, I don't know!)

Sure are a lot of changes, but the lack of a bankbox is a real negative for me, definitely puts me off subscribing.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 2 master accounts set up and 3 different emails and around 10 old accounts inactive linked to those emails and accounts, Not 1 email yet, none of the accounts that can be linked show ej or anything ?

Oh well, I was just going to see what items I had lol

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 2 master accounts set up and 3 different emails and around 10 old accounts inactive linked to those emails and accounts, Not 1 email yet, none of the accounts that can be linked show ej or anything ?

Oh well, I was just going to see what items I had lol

You can't see what items you had. You can't peek into the bankbox, and if you are on a blue beetle and get off, you can't get back on

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought they said we can take items out of the bank box

You can't see what items you had. You can't peek into the bankbox, and if you are on a blue beetle and get off, you can't get back on

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Playing without a house is annoying enough. Playing without a bank box is just stupid. But hey - I can just use the backpacks of EJ accounts to store bod books.

Give people a bank box. Charge them for housing, dungeon access, upgrades, etc.

You can’t carry everything you own in your pack with u at all times. This game is about acquiring stuff. There is no point in any pvm or whatever with no bank box. I mean how do you create a crafter? Can’t.

You would be better off creating an EJ only shard with no housing and accelerated skill gain. Subscribe and you can teleport to a new prodo shard. Stay EJ and only play EJ shard. Full content. No housing. No vendors.

Think about it. Incentive to move off by paying. But free fun place for people to advance and get hooked.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:(Just had someone on pac ask me how to open the bank box with an ej account

I told him they don’t get one, so he said how do I store things.....

I told him I could place a boat for him at Brit bank and that I would buy him the boat. He just lol and said nah !!!

He went up stairs Luna and just logged out.

I can’t believe they didn’t give EJ a way to store items...

I have to admit I didn’t think anyone would come back, I’m pleasantly surprised to see so many new (to me) and old players returning.

I feel most are going to quit with out a bank box though... :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My last old account is still not active, have they finished or are they still reactivating accounts? :(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I still have 2 that are closed....hoping that what I am missing is on one of those but I am NOT holding my breath lol...still weird....hopin they are getting the last of the stragglers soon!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe should have started it all a bit sooner...oh well par for the course around here....*shrugs*

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
HA someone saw my young player status and gave me some gold.
You know.... 5 years ago, when I came back to UO after many years without playing, I played for about half n hour and I was ready to log out and leave forever. Somebody came, saw my young status, gave me a 1 mil and an empty large lot for a house in Felucca (Atlantic). I've been playing all these years thanks to that guy. And I still live in that same lot, now isn't empty of course. Don't take advantage of nice peeps like that, you should give that gold to another young players (a real one) unless you need it.

Deimos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still have one account waiting to change to EJ, but even after recovering my old vet account, I feel no urge at all to play since logging in.

Sadly I've tasted the dark side (free shards) and they offer so much more than official UO ever could have, so it just isn't worth it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still have one account waiting to change to EJ, but even after recovering my old vet account, I feel no urge at all to play since logging in.

Sadly I've tasted the dark side (free shards) and they offer so much more than official UO ever could have, so it just isn't worth it.
I disagree with the "ever could have" bit. Needs to just simply saw More than official UO would ever consider doing... I maintain if a kid in the basement can do it, an paid team of professionals should be able to

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I disagree with the "ever could have" bit. Needs to just simply saw More than official UO would ever consider doing... I maintain if a kid in the basement can do it, an paid team of professionals should be able to
I agree, but on the other hand, the kid in a basement is probably dedicating all of their free time to that one task for weeks/months. The real developers have 100+ things to do and can't really spend much time on each individual part of the game, if they did barely anything would get done.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I agree, but on the other hand, the kid in a basement is probably dedicating all of their free time to that one task for weeks/months. The real developers have 100+ things to do and can't really spend much time on each individual part of the game, if they did barely anything would get done.
I don't know about this but the things the free shards have going for them is a clean slate minus the inflation and excess exploits (presumably).

It makes it way easier to market desirable things when starting out on a base playing ground.

For example who's going to buy a 1m gold pack, the new player or the guy sitting on 10 plat who can use gold to buy everything.

However, its not hard to throw in the spring gift into the uo store. Guarantee that should market even a minimal return.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What this really says is I can't play on the real UO because I have to cheat in order to play. You are free to go back to where cheating is allowed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know about this but the things the free shards have going for them is a clean slate minus the inflation and excess exploits (presumably).

It makes it way easier to market desirable things when starting out on a base playing ground.

For example who's going to buy a 1m gold pack, the new player or the guy sitting on 10 plat who can use gold to buy everything.

However, its not hard to throw in the spring gift into the uo store. Guarantee that should market even a minimal return.
This is funny. Isn't it true that if you slip RL money to the owners that they will make you what ever you want. yep yep no exploits there on that clean slate.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is funny. Isn't it true that if you slip RL money to the owners that they will make you what ever you want. yep yep no exploits there on that clean slate.
Im sure that's the reality since those servers aren't free to host. For $100 maybe you get a castle I'm mal as, I don't know. I don't play production or freeshards.

I assume there are still exploits on freeshards but moreover the point these have had has less years, arguably, to dupe. The rest seems negligible when talking about RMT.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What this really says is I can't play on the real UO because I have to cheat in order to play. You are free to go back to where cheating is allowed.
I would have preferred to hear what @AdamPD found better on the dark side vs calling him a cheat. I have seen lots of overly cool looking enhancements when people posted screen shots and the odd video I watched of a freeshard but to hear from the horse's mouth would be better.

Stratics, still the old boys club driving the daily nail into UO's coffin.

Deimos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too quick to assume and rather moronic.
I played production shard UO from 2000 to shortly after Mondains legacy, I had many characters which were 120 in a lot of the tough skills (taming/provoke/discord et all) across 6 characters and 3 shards.
Not exactly sure why you place someone who plays a free shard with cheating, unless you're assuming all free shards give you test centre conditions with all resources/skills for free? No, they don't.
There are quite a few professionally run shards out there, with dedicated programmers to make things as close to the official shards as possible. (With enhancements lol)

I don't think this is the place to discuss the pro's/cons of free vs official production as it'd be skirting into a dark grey area on Stratics I'd imagine :p
But I will say this, the core of the freeshard software is very, very easy to learn and add to, so even an amateur can add things they always wanted (Want a tamable wyvern? Add "tamable = true" to the wyvern file, restart the server, it's done)
A lot of the stuff that's coming out on production shards now, like the taming training system, the alternative currencies and the gui panel for gold/platinum, has been a feature on free shards for close to a decade,a bit like ride-able polar bears, they were made practically overnight when someone thought it up, but it took years to show up on official UO.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are 14 free trials still available for new layers with bank boxe et all

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, let’s hope we do.
But even then it's to late for UO FTP.

They gimped every aspect of it just to please the beloved fear mongering vets. I have little faith that they can flip it to a enjoyable experience.

She should have given the boot one or two years ago already.

I still don't believe anyone at Broadsword's UO team had any interest in making that work.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so par say what happens when one of my main two account subscription ends... say i leave it a month or so ...playing the other... then try to log in to the closed one forgetting i havent renewed by subscription.. will it log in as EJ without a warning????.. i hope to god there is several warnings.... b4 proceeding to EJ state -could lose castle into decay etc etc...these questions need to be addressed

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so par say what happens when one of my main two account subscription ends... say i leave it a month or so ...playing the other... then try to log in to the closed one forgetting i havent renewed by subscription.. will it log in as EJ without a warning????.. i hope to god there is several warnings.... b4 proceeding to EJ state -could lose castle into decay etc etc...these questions need to be addressed
I believe the account has to be closed for 120 days for it to become EJ so your house would have decayed and dropped long before then.

Well that’s what was said originally on the press release, would be worth double checking

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the account has to be closed for 120 days for it to become EJ so your house would have decayed and dropped long before then.

Well that’s what was said originally on the press release, would be worth double checking
that would make sense a 120 day ..like u say house etc would be long gone already

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I still have one closed too, it started as a trial account but it was paid a few times for a month or two. I still didn't get any e-mails though.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Same....2 of mine are still closed.....didn't get an e-mail either :(