• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Endless Journey is Here

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
recieved a email little bit ago

Broadsword Online Games
Ultima Online Account Change Notification
Greetings,

This mail contains important information on changes to your Ultima Online account.

All Ultima Online accounts that have been closed for more than 120 days can be used to access Endless Journey. The Endless Journey account allows play (with some restrictions) for free without an end date. In addition, all accounts now have access to the Stygian Abyss expansion. More information on the new Endless Journey account type and on the Stygian Abyss expansion can be found here.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so the accounts that are associated with that email address that got the email i can access with EJ.
i have other accounts associated with other emails - they have not gotten an email yet and i can not log in with them.

so if you get a email your good to go looks like.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
WOW, the amount of complaining on here is just mind boggling! Just give it a couple days before throwing rocks at people. Jesus
or,
have the feature up and running so when you release it - it is usable.

like really, why not wait another 2 days THEN say EJ is released?
why say its released then have a couple day period where most accounts cant be used because they must be transitioned in.

its strange and rather silly.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
recieved a email little bit ago
Maybe once you're accounts are processed the email will go out automatically?? that would make sense

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Maybe once you're accounts are processed the email will go out automatically?? that would make sense
thats what im assuming is happening.
cause i tried that account earlier and nothing, got the email, tried and now i can access it.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All I see here is, OMG my wheelbarrow isn't perfect even though its a free gift, I cant believe it takes time to download a database, I live in the fake world of video games and don't understand reality. Go out side and greet the sun and walk on the lawn. Just stop complaining already.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the moral advice, which nobody ever listens to, but my impression here is that in 2018 this is a disaster or a release. Piecemeal, confusion, uneven interface experience, some get emails and others don't, even the EA site went down earlier today.

It's not about complaining or not complaining - it's about a bad user experience on an official release day. If done right your users just have the new promissed access, if done wrong they have no clue what's going on... this is the later.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I see here is, OMG my wheelbarrow isn't perfect even though its a free gift, I cant believe it takes time to download a database, I live in the fake world of video games and don't understand reality. Go out side and greet the sun and walk on the lawn. Just stop complaining already.
Not perfect? The free gift isntbthe problem, it’s the EJ that’s the problem. The EJ wheel barrow has no wheel and no handles currently which makes it utterly useless.

What people are complaining about is the timing of the comms. If you’re going to announce something as released at least make sure that you’re in a position where it’s accessible. It’s not difficult.

Last edited:

Topsy Krett

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question that I cant seem to get an answer to... With EJ, is there a “limit” on my bank box? I know you get your backpack but couldn’t interpret if that included your bank box as well. I ask because I know when I left, I left the max amount of items I could in there & my backpack.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question that I cant seem to get an answer to... With EJ, is there a “limit” on my bank box? I know you get your backpack but couldn’t interpret if that included your bank box as well. I ask because I know when I left, I left the max amount of items I could in there & my backpack.
Which an EJ account, you can't open the bank box at all but your items are still safe within, waiting for you to resub. When you play an EJ account, you are basically living out of your car. For the EJ players I talked to today, I got them blue beetles to give them some mobile storage and I also suggested they trash everything they didn't want to hang onto for clean up points. Yet another open is to open up a brand new EJ account and hand all your stuff to the character on that account to hold for you while you adventure.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the starter kit is so cheap for what is in it then I hope they drop prices on some of the other things. Shard transfers and Mythic tokens would sell like crazy at half or less than what they are now, and pricing would be more consistent for what you get.
Those tokens are shard and account bound. At least that's what they said on my TC1 test.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm curious as to if I'll even get an e-mail since all of my accounts are tied to one master account so technically that e-mail address is active....

Topsy Krett

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which an EJ account, you can't open the bank box at all but your items are still safe within, waiting for you to resub. When you play an EJ account, you are basically living out of your car. For the EJ players I talked to today, I got them blue beetles to give them some mobile storage and I also suggested they trash everything they didn't want to hang onto for clean up points. Yet another open is to open up a brand new EJ account and hand all your stuff to the character on that account to hold for you while you adventure.
Thank you for the explanation and wonderful analogy. With that said, I can’t access any of my gold within my bank box? What if I die and need all of my items re-insured? My apologies for all of the questions but I just want to make sure I’m understanding correctly, thanks again.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the explanation and wonderful analogy. With that said, I can’t access any of my gold within my bank box? What if I die and need all of my items re-insured? My apologies for all of the questions but I just want to make sure I’m understanding correctly, thanks again.
Oh yeah, the gold system has been changed and is not physically stored in the bank anymore. If you say balance to the minters, they should tell you how much gold you have. If you say bank, the bank menu should still pop up also showing how much you have. There's an option on that menu to deposit currency and that will let you target any stacks of gold in your inventory. Most everything you spend gold on these days (insurance to NPC vendors) draws straight from your gold tally which is shared between all characters on the account. Finally, i think you can say withdraw <amount> to a minter to physically take possession of your gold. I hope this makes sense. I'm just about to fall off to sleep.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
When I say bank my container opens but now so does the menu behind it. It's just an annoyance to have to close. I wish the left it the way it was for non-EJ accounts... clicking the minter to open that was easy.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you say BANK:

EJBank.jpg

The last option, Make Deposit into Currency Account, will bring up a cursor...I just made an EJ account....so I have my 1000 gold

Deposit.jpg

You can still say BALANCE and it will show you the amount you have.

Topsy Krett

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, the gold system has been changed and is not physically stored in the bank anymore. If you say balance to the minters, they should tell you how much gold you have. If you say bank, the bank menu should still pop up also showing how much you have. There's an option on that menu to deposit currency and that will let you target any stacks of gold in your inventory. Most everything you spend gold on these days (insurance to NPC vendors) draws straight from your gold tally which is shared between all characters on the account. Finally, i think you can say withdraw <amount> to a minter to physically take possession of your gold. I hope this makes sense. I'm just about to fall off to sleep.
Wow, times sure have changed! I look forward to at least popping back in and seeing some of my chars! Thanks again!!!

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to test passwords? All mine go to the bad login info screen...
Yeah, you can try loggin into the new forums. If your password is wrong you'll get an error message, saying so. If it is correct (assuming the account is not active) you'll either
  • pop back to the previous screen without being logged in (happens to my main account, which i suspended for being able to play EJ)
  • pop back to the previous screen with actually being logged in but have only read-rights (happens to a 14 days trial acc, I created a week ago)

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew it would take more then 24 hours.... @Thrakkar ;)

I was guessing 3 days...guess I was just about right....they have a LOT of accounts to process through, it's gonna take time.
*sigh*
I still can't belive they're doing it manually for every single account ever created since Sept 1997...
Anyways, still got no mail...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vault storage isn't going to be available for awhile
Is there any official word on this?
Or can anyone with a paid acc plz ask about that on the official forums?
And what happened to "you can remove a certain amount of items from your bank box"? Is that in?
So EJ accounts have zero, nada, zilch secure storage? Really?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 3 older accounts that were all tied to my master account and should be immediately considered EJ accounts, yet Cant log in to any of them, yet my main account which is still on cc, logs in fine. This system is screwed up, wasn't ready for release and no one should be defending it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And what happened to "you can remove a certain amount of items from your bank box"? Is that in?
I have to find it again....I think Kyronix said it on the official forums that it would not be available at release...also when someone mentioned that it was sparse and needed decorating he replied with this:

There is a planned purpose for the building at large and will be decorated as such when that purpose comes to fruition. Until then it can be considered "under construction".

I started an EJ account for testing purposes this morning, I cannot open my bank box but can deposit and withdraw gold

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 3 older accounts that were all tied to my master account and should be immediately considered EJ accounts, yet Cant log in to any of them, yet my main account which is still on cc, logs in fine. This system is screwed up, wasn't ready for release and no one should be defending it.
Amen. This is the computer version of the "Not ready for prime time players" lol. Altho, I think I insulted SNL with that remark.

Several long closed accounts, can't log any of them. Paid account is stil fine tho

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, you can try loggin into the new forums. If your password is wrong you'll get an error message, saying so. If it is correct (assuming the account is not active) you'll either
  • pop back to the previous screen without being logged in (happens to my main account, which i suspended for being able to play EJ)
  • pop back to the previous screen with actually being logged in but have only read-rights (happens to a 14 days trial acc, I created a week ago)
I thought of that last night. But I could not figure out how to log out of those forums. :gee: Ill try later when I get auto logged out.

Thanks

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just went to the website to download the client on my new Alienware laptop and it gives me the option to download the "14 day free trial"

Unbelievable.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah they should of made all the accounts able to login BEFORE launch. All my old accounts cannot login at the moment and others are saying the same in discord.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was going crazy and had to ask on the official forums because I couldn't remember where I read it!

It's in the newsletter :/

4. We know there has been a lot of discussion related to the amount of storage that Endless Journey accounts will have access to. We are still actively developing means of allowing Endless Journey accounts access to some level of secure storage. These options will not be part of the initial release of Endless Journey and may come at a later time.

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Surprised they didn't tie the EJ accounts into the old strong?box system. (The system where you could place a strongbox with the 25 item limit in a house)
That way people could play with friends who have houses and have some storage.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going crazy and had to ask on the official forums because I couldn't remember where I read it!

It's in the newsletter :/

4. We know there has been a lot of discussion related to the amount of storage that Endless Journey accounts will have access to. We are still actively developing means of allowing Endless Journey accounts access to some level of secure storage. These options will not be part of the initial release of Endless Journey and may come at a later time.
Thanks!

I seriously can't believe this. Restrictions are fine and necessary if you go F2P. But this... this is a slap in the face for everyone of merely thinking of giving it a try with EJ.
Having zero means of secure storage is an absolute no-go for me. And as long as doesn't change I'm through with EJ; before I even started.
Way to go, BS...
:facepalm:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having zero means of secure storage is an absolute no-go for me. And as long as doesn't change I'm through with EJ; before I even started.
Way to go, BS...
:facepalm:
I don't think you are alone here.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes EJ is here for 3 of my 40 accounts... so in the first 24 hours or so they have converted less than 10% of my accounts... Unless I am a very unlucky person I see this taking longer than 48 hours. BTW if you go to the accounts page you can select each character from the drop down menu and it will show you if it's upgraded to EJ.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Coding-wise it should be easy to just restrict bank space. Much simpler. Less to explain. Fewer extra systems to create. They already have an option to expand bank space. So why not limit EJ bank space. 20% of normal storage space or whatever.

Old accounts can access all their old **** but if they are over the limit, they can only take things out and not out anything back until they are under the limit.

Get this done and move on. EJ's got bigger fish to fry.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Yeah banks have item limits. Why not pet them have bank access?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes EJ is here for 3 of my 40 accounts... so in the first 24 hours or so they have converted less than 10% of my accounts... Unless I am a very unlucky person I see this taking longer than 48 hours. BTW if you go to the accounts page you can select each character from the drop down menu and it will show you if it's upgraded to EJ.
I finally got into the accounts page, I see all 7 of my accounts listed. The 1 account that's set up on cc, and the other 6 that all say closed, and have been for over a year. None of them say EJ, this was a horrific roll out.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finally got into the accounts page, I see all 7 of my accounts listed. The 1 account that's set up on cc, and the other 6 that all say closed, and have been for over a year. None of them say EJ, this was a horrific roll out.
They dont. You just log in with them. I can not log in with any of mine yet.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They dont. You just log in with them. I can not log in with any of mine yet.
I get 2 different messages on all of them, half say they're not linked and wtf they are, otherwise I couldn't see them on the accts page, the others say incorrect password, when I know they're correct.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine get the incorrect password/etc. But, I can log in with them on the UO Forum. So I know the account and password are correct. Ill be surprised if any has more than one toon or has anything on them. But they do have a bunch of upgrades so I dont want to open a new EJ acct.

*waiting patiently

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried with one that's been closed since 2014. It was a 14 day trial account though. Would that have anything to do with it?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mine get the incorrect password/etc. But, I can log in with them on the UO Forum. So I know the account and password are correct. Ill be surprised if any has more than one toon or has anything on them. But they do have a bunch of upgrades so I dont want to open a new EJ acct.

*waiting patiently
I think I am going to have issues with mine.

All of mine are linked under one master account and one e-mail.

when I log into an account that is closed on the forums, it logs me in as Larisa...though I cannot log into ALL of them, the one that I can right now is seeing me as Larisa which it shouldn't....~sighs~

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this all seems to be going swimmingly well. Good job as always BS.

I can’t log with any of my three accounts.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I log into an account that is closed on the forums, it logs me in as Larisa...though I cannot log into ALL of them, the one that I can right now is seeing me as Larisa which it shouldn't....~sighs~
I created a trial acc under my trial acc master account, back when the forums went live. Now that first trial ran out. Last week I created a new trial acc under the same master acc and if I log in with that, it's the very same forum account. So I'm pretty sure, that the forum account is tied to the master account.
Which isn't a bad thing, so people don't have numerous forum accounts (at least the ones with just one master account).

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as I can tell you can only log in, if you got the mail, that your acc has been converted.
Also all of your accounts in the acc management should look like one of the three here:
Ah I was wondering if the account status would change, thanks for that!
Now I can just refresh the account management page instead of trying to login to the game.