• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Endless Journey is Here

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Publish 99 has been deployed World Wide, introducing a host of new features – most notably Endless Journey! We look forward to your feedback, and welcome new and returning players back to Britannia! Be sure to check out the forums for the latest conversation on all things Ultima Online. The raffle stones for the Human & Gargoyle Abyss houses that have been available on select shards will be removed today. We will be announcing the winners on Monday! Good luck! Please also note that Vendor Search on Origin, Izumo & Baja will not populate properly until vendor owners opt-in/opt-out […]

Continue reading...

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Having player-owned houses control access to the Abyss is bad design. Players can make the house private, not place a teleporter, quit the game, or die. If you rely on players to be nice, dependable, and immortal, you are going to be disappointed. If any devs are reading this, please consider permanent gates to parts of the Abyss, or making parts of the Abyss markable, or a transport item for the Abyss that is equivalent to the Eodon crystal or Ilshenar jawbone. )

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
tried log an old account but no sucess
The transition for closed accounts to Endless Journey accounts has begun and will continue over the next 24 hours. We appreciate your patience as we work through this process. You will not be able to login until the account has been processed.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried log an old account but no sucess
I got an error message aswell. The account is either not linked to a master account, not paid for or banned for cheating. Reason 1 and 3 are not true. ;)

Anyways, thank you Larisa, I'll just wait. ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can you imagine how many accounts have to be processed? Every one ever created since the beginning?? Yeah...we're gonna be waitin awhile methinks lol

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can you imagine how many accounts have to be processed? Every one ever created since the beginning?? Yeah...we're gonna be waitin awhile methinks lol
So it's going to be just a log in and play, no account management to have to deal with to activate EJ accounts?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So it's going to be just a log in and play, no account management to have to deal with to activate EJ accounts?
Honestly I don't know..but I would think that once an account is processed the system will recognize it and you should be able to just log in....at least I HOPE that's how it works....there's no information either way regarding this so your guess is as good as mine....they did take account management down to update it so I am ASSUMING that's why....but who knows with Account Management :/

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's for either NEW accounts or accounts that you don't remember the info....but for people like me who have every account name and password written down....I don't need to recover or create....so what about that?? lol
Oh, I hope you're correct. I hate that account management :D.
I also have all mine for the past 18yrs written down on paper.
"crosses fingers" you're correct.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dang what abyss houses ? what shards? i mean i play atleast every other day and i heard nothing of this...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh, I hope you're correct. I hate that account management :D.
I also have all mine for the past 18yrs written down on paper.
"crosses fingers" you're correct.
I hope I am correct also! I do NOT wish account management on ANYONE...though I...~Knocks on wood~ have never had an issue with it.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, 24 hours, just like they stated in their news.
This isn't done manually, they'll let a script run over their DB and just solve conflicts manually, should some pop up...

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is not a good user experience on release day.

ue.jpg

If the down time is related to EJ it should say so. NOT being down at all on a release day would be better. Just more confusion... not good.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah, 24 hours, just like they stated in their news.
This isn't done manually, they'll let a script run over their DB and just solve conflicts manually, should some pop up...
The account center went down 2 days ago...they probably started it then because 24 hours is not long enough I don't think ;)

I think they are HOPING it will be done tomorrow.....but we shall see.

And did you say script??? I thought that was illegal! ;)
(Sorry had to say it)

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
dang what abyss houses ? what shards? i mean i play atleast every other day and i heard nothing of this...
""
Speaking of housing, I am sure you have noticed several of the Human/Gargoyle plots in Ter Mur are empty on some shards. I have placed a Raffle Stone in the plot locations, if you are interested in trying for one of these plots please visit the location and sign up. These houses will NOT be grandfathered houses so make sure you have an account that can accept a house. You must show up to accept the house with the account you signed up with, otherwise I will move down to the next player in line.
""

upload_2018-4-5_16-59-7.png

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because 24 hours is not long enough
They most probably said 24 hours to have a buffer, should some unexpected issues arise.
I don't really care when they started. The important thing is to finish within the announced 24 hours. ;)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anybody heard of ANY truly new players now that EJ has launched? I'm betting there are currently ZERO. Rumor has it one guy thought about it, took one look at the account management mess and said, and I am quoting "To hell with this, I'm OUTTA HERE"!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Has anybody heard of ANY truly new players now that EJ has launched? I'm betting there are currently ZERO. Rumor has it one guy thought about it, took one look at the account management mess and said, and I am quoting "To hell with this, I'm OUTTA HERE"!
Dude...it's only been live for like....4 hours....give it some time :/

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tired to make a trial to see if that was the way to make a new, free EJ account and it turned up an error. Then I remembered I made a trial account that was still valid. It let me in and I got a gump saying "welcome to Endless Journey" .... bank opened properly. I was admonished when I tried to join a chat room besides HELP.

I also looked over the account page which shoulda been updated to have a toggle between paid and EJ accounts but no dice. And anyone notice it has this comment when you try make a new account..... you get this email. ..

Broadsword Online Games - Account Change Notification

• Mar 30 at 5:50 PM
    Broadsword Online Games
    Account Change Notification
    CLICK here to validate your new email address and receive a custom title in WAR!

GRRR Warhammer is online is dead. Change the automated message

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Broadsword Online Games
    CLICK here to validate your new email address and receive a custom title in WAR!

:lol:

Get your poop.png together Broadsword!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tired to make a trial to see if that was the way to make a new, free EJ account and it turned up an error. Then I remembered I made a trial account that was still valid. It let me in and I got a gump saying "welcome to Endless Journey" .... bank opened properly. I was admonished when I tried to join a chat room besides HELP.

I also looked over the account page which shoulda been updated to have a toggle between paid and EJ accounts but no dice. And anyone notice it has this comment when you try make a new account..... you get this email. ..

Broadsword Online Games

I made a trial account as well and it has all the EJ restrictions. In account management for end date, it has NA rather than an actual date.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just talked wih someone who made a new account / new master account and they can't open a bank box.. My trial was made the 30th of last month as indicated. I wonder if ti will exprie.?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think its funny.
EJ has been up and going for several hours now and i just went through 20 old accounts and none can log in.

i would have imagined that they would have had the DB updated PRIOR to the release so that when they actually have the release people could log in, no?

thats like opening up a restaurant and telling people that you wont actually have food there to serve for another 2 days.
but your open now.
whaaaaaaat?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just talked wih someone who made a new account / new master account and they can't open a bank box.. My trial was made the 30th of last month as indicated. I wonder if ti will exprie.?
Thats why your account is EJ yet. They said it can take up to 48 hours for existing accounts to be converted (Which yours is since you made it before EJ was turn on)

Per uo.com:
Update 4/5/2018 6:00pm ET: The account transition process is continuing. Based on current processing rates we expect this process to take as long as the next 48 hours to complete. We will update this post when the process has fully completed. Thank you for your continued patience while we work through this process.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So where is the Virtue Shield that's in the pub99 notes?

I see the P2W Pack, but not the shield... Why?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I knew it would take more then 24 hours.... @Thrakkar ;)

I was guessing 3 days...guess I was just about right....they have a LOT of accounts to process through, it's gonna take time.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So where is the Virtue Shield that's in the pub99 notes?

I see the P2W Pack, but not the shield... Why?
I noticed that as well

I hope they fix it’s postion on the ground so it fits in just 1 tile and make so only the background can be dyed

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol If BS were in the food service industry, this could happen!

thats like opening up a restaurant and telling people that you wont actually have food there to serve for another 2 days.
but your open now.
whaaaaaaat?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since the starter kit is so cheap for what is in it then I hope they drop prices on some of the other things. Shard transfers and Mythic tokens would sell like crazy at half or less than what they are now, and pricing would be more consistent for what you get.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I knew it would take more then 24 hours.... @Thrakkar ;)

I was guessing 3 days...guess I was just about right....they have a LOT of accounts to process through, it's gonna take time.
Is there a way to test passwords? All mine go to the bad login info screen...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to test passwords? All mine go to the bad login info screen...
I think once the account management site is back up then we'll be able to log in..no sense trying over and over to log into dormant accounts until then since new EJ accounts need go to through that to get online, so we have to wait another few days.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a person on LS that is on their EJ account!!!!!

I think once the account management site is back up then we'll be able to log in..no sense trying over and over to log into dormant accounts until then since new EJ accounts need go to through that to get online, so we have to wait another few days.
There needs to be more Pawains on LS!!! NOW

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's been back up for hours...clear your catche and try account management page again.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ew...I hate clearing my cache..... :/ but that worked....anyway....I still think we should wait...I think either the EJ ppl that are on right now are new or they got lucky and had their old accts processed first lol

StarstrukK

Adventurer
I seem to recall Mesanna saying that they would be able to send out mass email's to all former email's that had an Ultima Online account inviting them back to play. Has anyone actually received an email telling them about Endless Journey?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not yet no emails on any account

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to recall Mesanna saying that they would be able to send out mass email's to all former email's that had an Ultima Online account inviting them back to play. Has anyone actually received an email telling them about Endless Journey?
Do you see everyone complaining that it isn't ready yet because the database is being processed as we speak? Likely they won't send out email notifications until things are a bit more settled and fully implemented.