• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Endless Journey is Here

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*sends Larisa a "welcome to EJ" email*
I feel so welcome! :)

I guess maybe it's because I have 2 active accounts as well...just odd that all the other ones under the same master are now active but those 2....

ARGH! (In her best Snoopy Voice)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't think it's a conspiracy or anything...there's probably just not any method to it, or any that us mere mortals would understand! :p

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heh. Just got a second letter for same account email. I'll send the extra to larisa as well :D. All accounts seem to be active. Remember if you closed an account 120 days or less ago your account will not be eligible for EJ.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"
Broadsword Online Games
Ultima Online Account Change Notification
Greetings,

This mail contains important information on changes to your Ultima Online account.

All Ultima Online accounts that have been closed for more than 120 days can be used to access Endless Journey. The Endless Journey account allows play (with some restrictions) for free without an end date. In addition, all accounts now have access to the Stygian Abyss expansion. More information on the new Endless Journey account type and on the Stygian Abyss expansion can be found here.

UO Team"

this email?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep that's the e-mail...which I haven't gotten...maybe once my other 2 accounts are active I'll get it?

The 2 accounts were created in 2006/2007 and have been closed ever since so I think I'm well over the 120 day mark ;)

These 2...is why I find it odd....both were created on the same day (I know one was a trail to hold a house but I ended up subbing for a few months on both)

SameDay.png

Out of the 9 accounts under that Master, 2 are my active subscriptions, 2 are closed and the rest are under EJ status.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have three accounts. My primary is ineligible and the other two were cleared for EJ and are EJ. Perhaps they are waiting til all your paid accounts are cleared?

That's my theory. None of my old trials are being upgraded.

Dig up your old emails and see when they closed the accounts.... see if they fall in beyond the 120 days of suspension.

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My main restored account was activated on the 7th, I just got the restoration email about 5 minutes ago, some 5 days later.

Molinaro

Visitor
Hello.

Got an email yesterday about this Endless Journey change. Logged into my master account and saw that my 4 UO accounts were all active with EJ. Installed the client and while it was patching read up on the limitations on the main UO site.

First impression was that I should just cancel the patching and walk away. No storage. No access to my BOD books. No access to anything but basic Iron and Wood. Well there goes what I spent 98% of my time in UO doing.

Had a real hard time coming up with any ideas on what I would actually do in game under those limitations. But I let it finish patching anyway.

Logged in first on my oldest account, made in 2000. One character on Siege and 4 on Chesapeake. Didn't play too long on that account. Didn't see anything much of interest.

Then logged into my main account that I started fresh on when the Lake Austin server opened. Here was my main crafter, Lord Mort, and my second most played character, my T-hunter. Annoyingly as I logged into each of my 6 chars on LA the client crashed on the first attempt to login with each character. After that I could relog without problems.

But holy crap was the game running badly. Connecting with my 400 mbit fiber did not help. It was constant rubber banding, and hitching and pausing when just trying to run in a straight line. Most I saw was 1 other character.

I see the plan to give reduced bank access to EJ accounts. Ok that is nice. Didn't try but my t-hunter and tamer both had boat in their inventory. Can they be placed and used?

But if I can't access my 1000s of bods, and gather the resources to fill them, I see zero reason to play under EJ.

And, well with the terrible performance of the connection to the server, I see no reason to spend on a monthly subscription.

Goodbye and thanks for all the memories.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello.

Got an email yesterday about this Endless Journey change. Logged into my master account and saw that my 4 UO accounts were all active with EJ. Installed the client and while it was patching read up on the limitations on the main UO site.

First impression was that I should just cancel the patching and walk away. No storage. No access to my BOD books. No access to anything but basic Iron and Wood. Well there goes what I spent 98% of my time in UO doing.

Had a real hard time coming up with any ideas on what I would actually do in game under those limitations. But I let it finish patching anyway.

Logged in first on my oldest account, made in 2000. One character on Siege and 4 on Chesapeake. Didn't play too long on that account. Didn't see anything much of interest.

Then logged into my main account that I started fresh on when the Lake Austin server opened. Here was my main crafter, Lord Mort, and my second most played character, my T-hunter. Annoyingly as I logged into each of my 6 chars on LA the client crashed on the first attempt to login with each character. After that I could relog without problems.

But holy crap was the game running badly. Connecting with my 400 mbit fiber did not help. It was constant rubber banding, and hitching and pausing when just trying to run in a straight line. Most I saw was 1 other character.

I see the plan to give reduced bank access to EJ accounts. Ok that is nice. Didn't try but my t-hunter and tamer both had boat in their inventory. Can they be placed and used?

But if I can't access my 1000s of bods, and gather the resources to fill them, I see zero reason to play under EJ.

And, well with the terrible performance of the connection to the server, I see no reason to spend on a monthly subscription.

Goodbye and thanks for all the memories.
Very good feedback. The install process is a mess, but when you try to tell it to Broadsword, there is usually no response.

Most servers these days are rather empty, but here as well: Broadsword and even a large part of the community are blocking anything that might condense the player base.

Nice you gave it a try. Unfortunately, I can totally relate to what you say but don't have anything to get your hopes up. You got to be a little masochist to stick to UO like most of us here do ;)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Goodbye and thanks for all the memories
Likewise, I see no reason for EJ giving you free access for all you want to do. It does sound like you might be having technical issues or maybe patching/server problems, sorry for that however it could be fixed

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Likewise, I see no reason for EJ giving you free access for all you want to do. It does sound like you might be having technical issues or maybe patching/server problems, sorry for that however it could be fixed
Some wise person could see the potential in getting him to spent small amounts occasionally on the UO store (the industry calls it micro transactions). But I doubt that's gonna work when you tell him on day one that he is the problem and not the game.

Bottom line of this returning EJ player: $0 revenue.

That was totally worth half a year development time..

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Some wise person could see the potential in getting him to spent small amounts occasionally on the UO store (the industry calls it micro transactions). But I doubt that's gonna work when you tell him on day one that he is the problem and not the game.

Bottom line of this returning EJ player: $0 revenue.

That was totally worth half a year development time..
I disagree, there's nothing wrong with EJ other than the missing banking system at this point. Implementing all those micro transactions just doesn't make any sense when you can just sub for full access and reconfirms people trying to find ways at getting a free meal. His post was for the most part that as the technical problem he was having could be resolved with further info on the issues

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I thought EJ was about generating some new revenue streams. But apparently it is just about saving old vets a month of game time so they can have a look at the bank before they sub a month after it.

That wouldn't have needed half a year of development though, it was called RTB before. But at least they were busy doing something :rolleyes:

Bottom line of this player still holds: $0. Nothing wrong with it though.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But what micro transactions would a EJ player make? It's a free account, no use in transferring the char. even with 40 item banks, not enough room to store a lot of stuff, so I doubt there would be SS sales. If they're not gonna pay to sub, will they pay to get a painted unicorn? doubt it. All the nifty deco stuff they could buy, oh wait, can't do anything with a house, period. (no one will pay to deco a wall safe :p) We shall see what we shall see... Gonna be an interesting ride

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
But what micro transactions would a EJ player make? It's a free account, no use in transferring the char. even with 40 item banks, not enough room to store a lot of stuff, so I doubt there would be SS sales. If they're not gonna pay to sub, will they pay to get a painted unicorn? doubt it. All the nifty deco stuff they could buy, oh wait, can't do anything with a house, period. (no one will pay to deco a wall safe :p) We shall see what we shall see... Gonna be an interesting ride
Most games would capitalize on items like gear, resources, and whatever other consumable they choose like scrolls and potions etc.

It will be interesting to see what they do.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree. It needs to be embedded in a proper overall concept to work.

But in STO I also only get like 40 or 60 secure character storage. On a sidenote: they were even more generous on account storage you share between all chars: It's exactly one item xD

Still there wasn't a single day where I wasn't tempted to buy some starship or bridge officers or duty officers or the lifetime sub or more inventory slots or more character slots or more ship holding spots or (insert ten more desirable items they sell there). Of course STO players also pancake all day about it just like we do about UO, but that's not the point here :D

For UO that would equate to selling every pet there is, selling char slots, selling bank slots, selling weapons, selling armor, ...

The starter pack actually fits that pretty well, though they as well need more lower priced packs or single items in the range of 50 cent to $10.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well I finally got an EJ marketing email, so the word is getting out there :thumbup:. My only critic with the email is the lack of game art... feels abit stale for a game marketing email but it's better than getting no email at all I guess lol :p

Mythic.png

Short and sweet, but like they could have included these pics to it...

Endless Journey.png and
SA.png

Drelkag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My main account isn't reactivated yet either but my old trial account is. Hmm.

Edit: Scratch that. Misread the account page.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry for the Necro...I'm pretty certain I bought this starter kit on my main account. I just now tried to use the alacrity token and it says it's not my account, so I'm confused..anyone else had this issue ?

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have multiple accounts have you tried the other ones?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im thinking it may be an error on my part. Paged a GM and all he would say is, "Yeah that's not yours"..