• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to remember a "confirmed" but not sure. I emailed @Mesanna right after posting here. No answer yet. I haven't booked my flight yetand won't till I know for sure. Wouold hate to think I slipped thru the cracks.....sigh

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I emailed Mesanna and she said that my friend and I are confirmed and go for Party... can't wait.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm I am late, but have registered I believe and will hope to be there :) just saw banner here

StressBall

Adventurer
Can we make this party off the hook and enforce people to dress as their main uo character? I like to run around in underpants.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can we make this party off the hook and enforce people to dress as their main uo character? I like to run around in underpants.
Um.... no.

First off if I dressed as my main I'd look somewhat strange. Probably would be too hot... secondly I don't think I could and well he's a he and I'm a she... and finally if I dressed as my "first" character that'd NEVER happen... I haven't worn a dress in... probably 25 years. I don't even own one, though I'd love to have a pair of her thigh boots at my age though I'd probably fall down and break something... though come to think of it if I fell... twisted my ankle again... I'd be able to retire early and be disabled... no... I love my job. The only thing I have in common with my main is perhaps a love of spiders.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*plans to fill @MalagAste 's hotel room with 1,000 goliath bird-eating tarantulas and giant huntsman spiders*

:spider:
You have fun with that... However I do know where you live...

Though I think they are pretty cool... I'd probably want to save them all. *makes note to pack a spider flute* I'll just pied piper them to your room... Muhahaha! *insert wicked evil dark laughter*

Besides according to Severn I somehow control spiders and send them to spy on people... so by all means make a donation to my spider horde!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have fun with that... However I do know where you live...

Though I think they are pretty cool... I'd probably want to save them all. *makes note to pack a spider flute* I'll just pied piper them to your room... Muhahaha! *insert wicked evil dark laughter*

Besides according to Severn I somehow control spiders and send them to spy on people... so by all means make a donation to my spider horde!
I will have an industrial strength can of Raid! Plus I'm sure someone near the airport can sell me a flamethrower...

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:eek:................... Spy spiders, flamethrowers raid, 1,000 goliath bird-eating tarantulas and giant huntsman spiders.............:eek:

And it's not even June yet. I can't wait to see where this goes and how much this escalates by September. :stir:

:rolleyes: *sends email to self to remind to change hotels* :lie:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are they offer virtual e-tickets yet ?

Good way to add some revenue

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Reservations Confirmed for 2
2. Plane Tickets Booked
3. Hotel Booked

See everyone there....

***Anyone coming in on Thursday and interested in dinner on that evening?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have Hotel Booked, Confirmed reservation for 2, Car Rental confirmed... Yep driving XCountry should be interesting... Never been out East... hoping it goes well... might take you up on dinner... not sure when I'll get there.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone tried to book a hotel room in the Broadsword block recently? I probably waited too long!

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Coming in on Thursday morning and want to go visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Anyone that lives there, should I get a car or is there public transportation? Whichever is easiest??

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Friend tried recently couldn't do it...
So, if I go through the UO page's link, it tells me something like "no hotels meet this search criteria" but if I go to the hotel's website and enter the code BROADSWORD, it gives me a discounted rate. Anyway, it looks like I can still reserve a room at the hotel normally, and I guess that's all that matters.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Coming in on Thursday morning and want to go visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Anyone that lives there, should I get a car or is there public transportation? Whichever is easiest??
I don't live there, but have been up to DC quite a few times in the past. You will probably want a car.

The actual city of DC has a fantastic public transportation system called the Metrorail, but it does not extend all the way out to Herndon where the UO developers are (it will in 2020 though). You would have to switch between trains and buses to get out there which would end up being annoying, especially for someone who doesn't know the bus lines, which could result in getting stuck somewhere miles from where you needed to go.

As for Arlington Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, it is truly a humbling place and well worth the visit. If you are interested in historical things there is also a museum set up inside the former home of Robert E. Lee at the top of the hill, and tour groups that explain the significance and stories behind many of the larger grave markers in the surrounding area.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just had to revoke my RSVP. My carpal tunnel is getting to the point that I need to get it taken care of this year instead of delaying it another year. Hoping to get both wrists fixed over two months since my deductible is more than hit.

I would much rather be going to a party.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just had to revoke my RSVP. My carpal tunnel is getting to the point that I need to get it taken care of this year instead of delaying it another year. Hoping to get both wrists fixed over two months since my deductible is more than hit.

I would much rather be going to a party.
Sorry to hear that... I had my Left Ulnar Nerve moved last year... now my right hand is numb... And this one will be carpal tunnel... hoping to stave it off a bit... but we'll see.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've put this off nearly three years. But there are days where I'm constantly having to pause work to get feeling back in my hands. My rheumatologist is pushing me to get it taken care of sooner rather than later as it may help with other issues as well. Plus it will prevent permanent nerve damage.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are there going to be Virtual Tickets ? For the castles and other items Shirts, Memorabilia, etc...
It would be a good way to boost revenue $$$$$

@Mesanna

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I was so looking forward to going too. Had to cancel for both of us due to health issues.
We were both planning on staying at the hotel, so if anybody is still needing a room there, ours was just canceled.

I hope everybody has the best time

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm sure it will be a wonderful event, and I'll look forward to seeing the pictures that will be posted afterward. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend after all. Sometimes life's unpredictable twists and turns make it necessary to change one's plans.

Have fun you guys, and please, please, take LOTS of pictures!

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mrs. Brightaxe and I flew out on Saturday. We are spending the week here and seeing the sights.

Yesterday we drove out to Harper's Ferry. We hiked up to the top of Maryland Heights, all the way being bombarded by falling acorns. Mrs. wasn't too happy with me for making her hike to the top, but she definitely thought it was worth it for the view:

Harper's Ferry.jpg

We will be hitting the sights in the DC area and plan on taking a trip up to Gettysburg at some point this week.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will it be streamed

Also any word on the virtual tickets

Any new t-shirts yet lol

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am so so SO sad that I had to cancel...I was really REALLY looking forward to meeting all of you!

The one time I was able to attend a meet and greet was in Chicago EONS ago...I met Patrick (Leroucian) and his wife and daughter, Jeremy Dalberg (now you know how long ago it was lol) and I sat with Lady Rachel.....had a blast and was really looking forward to this.

SO....everyone who goes must take lots and LOTS of pictures!!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I should be arriving sometime Thursday night - depends on how late a start I get, as I have to drive down to TN to get my non-playing copilot (he's going so he can spend Friday at the museum at the airport, and to trade off driving), then come up I-81.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am looking forward to going and seeing everyone! I will be getting in tomorrow Thursday afternoon.