• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not looking forward to the 12 hour solo drive in 7 hours, should arrive by 11 tommow morning

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
5 people, including myself, from Baja will be flying in Thursday afternoon. Our beloved EM Obsidian will be arriving most likely when we least expect him and scare the bejesus out of us. Again.......

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On plane now... landing in Dulles shortly. Will be in hotel by 3pm EST.

If anyone is up for grabbing a drink later tonite at hotel bar (or anywhere else nearby), send me a PM.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ned’s Irish Sports Bar
2465 Centerville rd
Beeson, VA 20171

Billards is in same strip mall a few down

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
First update on the party:

In addition to the UO Party being held here, there is some sort of beauty pageant on-going it seems. Lots of women wearing "Miss State" sashes and high heels walking around.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Been up and down from room to the main event area a few times. They're setting up the main room for the party... big "UO" banner out front. Got in a quick peak at some of the goodies. Looks like they have a nice package for us!

Probably going to get some hibachi or sushi for dinner later tonite, and then hang near the hotel bar. Picked up a few bottles of booze as well!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Geesh Merlin takes pictures! We are vicariously living through you at the party come on!! :)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Made it to the Hyatt Regency Dulles, and hungry! Anyone have any seafood restaurant recommendations?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Aww thanks Spellbound!!

HI GUYS!!

(Only ones I recognize are Bonnie and Greg (Kyronix) ) BUT HI GUYS!! lol

Have fun!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Got to meet some good folks so far... @Riyana @Speranza @Keith of Sonoma @Zuckuss @kelmo @Obsidian and many other folks from Seige, Atlantic, Catskills, etc. Looking forward to how the rest of the party will turn out.

Saw Star Long and got in a few words with Richard Garriot. It was very cool to see King Blackthorn and Lord British in the flesh!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got to meet some good folks so far... @Riyana @Speranza @Keith of Sonoma @Zuckuss @kelmo and many other folks from Seige, Atlantic, Catskills, etc. Looking forward to how the rest of the party will turn out.

Saw Star Long and got in a few words with Richard Garriot. It was very cool to see King Blackthorn and Lord British in the flesh!
A thrill meeting you all and a very good evening indeed, and we haven't even gotten started yet!

Thank you-
@Merlin @Riyana @Speranza @Basara @Keith of Sonoma @kelmo @Lord Bytor @WootSauce @Spanky @MalagAste @jeff @Connor @JC the Builder @Flair @Tazar @Daemon McCrowley @Ally @JohnTraveler @Lauren and any others I may have missed.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am so furiously jealous.... blah

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You all have fun there.
Would have loved to be there as well, but visa issues. :p

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, so I just dreamed, for what seemed like all night, that my trip was cancelled at the last minute, and I was PISSED! But here I am, awake at 6:15 and getting ready for the commute into NoVa

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey LT, you need to ask if they are live-streaming it!

Go run up and down the halls screaming THE TITANS ARE COMING THE TITANS ARE COMING! ;) That'll get everyone outta bed!

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently mu name wasent on the list even tho i filled it out the first day it opened

Digowiz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope they stream....

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That is one pathetic-looking crown on Lord British....geesh with all his money he couldn't have gotten something more...lordish? ;)

Nice pic of the three of you, thanks for sharing!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is one pathetic-looking crown on Lord British....geesh with all his money he couldn't have gotten something more...lordish? ;)

Nice pic of the three of you, thanks for sharing!
It is authentic though, most medieval rulers had very simple crowns that were pretty much just a metal circlet like that.

The more powerful ones would have 2 or 3 gems in it, but they just looked like colored rocks, not the shiny rubies and sapphires at jewelry stores currently.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Almost....trying to find a good picture of him in game....they are all too small :/

His was silver and the middle piece was gold....

There were a few actually.

Crown.png

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
No live stream or anything? Aww that sucks, some of us are too far away to go to the party you know!!! Other games have parties on all the servers for their Anniversary celebrations... just saying....:(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm sure with all that's going on there, questions, socializing...they'd have to keep moving the camera cus ppl move ;)

I'm sure it's being recorded and we'll get to see it....or snippets of it, when all this chaos is over :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm sure with all that's going on there, questions, socializing...they'd have to keep moving the camera cus ppl move ;)

I'm sure it's being recorded and we'll get to see it....or snippets of it, when all this chaos is over :)
Agreed.. with the following exception.. the "Dev Team - What's Coming - Q&A" should be a mandatory live stream imo.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Agreed.. with the following exception.. the "Dev Team - What's Coming - Q&A" should be a mandatory live stream imo.
I will agree with that...have a mic so the people asking questions can be heard....oh well....:/

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NOOOO we are one usb cable short of live streaming this event!!!!

Edit, although this laptop is pretty crappy... not sure it has the CPU to stream so technicallly we are saving you the frustration of lag :p

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Aw are we getting little titan statues? That's cool.

And...I'm assuming that's the ridable dragon???

~sighs~

AND the forums..FINALLY!