• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now, as has been previously stated, there's nothing preventing us, the players, from coordinating regional events.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk
Some of us from Baja actually did this in June. We met up in Spearfish, SD for a long weekend at a campground that also had cabins for rent. They put us all in the same area. Everyone worked together to make this a relaxing and fun time for all. Some brought extra stuff for those that flew in, some volunteered to cook a meal for everyone, some brought firewood. Everyone brought an open and friendly attitude.

Personally I'd rather see a meetup in an environment like this vs. a city. That may have to do with the fact that I'm from Vermont and now live in Chicago but there's a lot to be said about sitting around a campfire under the stars trading best UO moments stories. Or, as the case may be, sitting under a tarp listening to the best UO moments stories and the patter of rain on the tarp.

We're already planning our next gathering. Since, as it turns out many like to fish, one idea is to make it a riverside weekend. What I'm saying is there's a big world out there that can be reached by an airport. Don't limit it to a city. Regardless of where it is though I know, God willing, I'll be there. To have a chance to meet the people you've played with for so many years is special.