• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe there were two parties that were recording the event and we will probably see it posted soon. I dont want to mention names and then there be nothing.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well "official" might be a misnomer. Just a regular UO player had the drone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ahhhh.... ok. That's different. I take back my previous :cursing: over the situation and return to my o_O face when it comes to them not streaming the "What's Coming" segment of the festivities

;)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have to say, when I met people this weekend, and told them I was @Keith of Sonoma on Stratics, some of them were quite surprised. LOL

It was a pretty amazing event! It was AWESOME to put faces with names. And to have a chance to visit with the Devs, and Stratics people I have dealt with as well or course. :)

FYI, my vote for a 25th anniversary party is LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe

PS, a new castle didn't hurt either. :blushing:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF UO is still on the menu... and I say that with a optimistic heart.
The powers that be might think on it. NO Promises.
The party was from what we could see from the scant pics a huge success.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My vote would be for somewhere like Gatlinburg Tn.. all those moutains and finally announce Dwarves as a new playable race at that time. Nice tie in :)
I would definitely go to this party

It’s about only an hour and a half from my second home in Tennessee

But if it Vegas that’s only a 3.5 to 4 hour drive from my primary residence. I agree Vegas is far over rated, I would rather it be in Texas than Vegas.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would definitely go to this party

It’s about only an hour and a half from my second home in Tennessee

But if it Vegas that’s only a 3.5 to 4 hour drive from my primary residence. I agree Vegas is far over rated, I would rather it be in Texas than Vegas.
I went close by Gatlingburg on the trip.

I went down to Jefferson City and picked up a friend to act as emergency driver if necessary (wasn't) and company for the trip, and while I was hanging out with my UO peeps, he spent the day over at Dulles and the museum there.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe we should have it up in Reno since we're all getting up there in age. Hehe

My grand parents lived right out side Reno in Sparks I used to go there to the Hot August Nights, far better than Las Vegas. Reno has a more old west old town feel about that’s hard explain. Would be a much better choice than Vegas for sure. Also there is Harrison car museum there ;)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We went they the Air and Space Museum before the tasty chicken.

While there, we decided that while we still want these:
20170924_004704.jpg

20170924_004838.jpg

We may want these more:
20170923_155657.jpg

20170923_155857.jpg
:drool:

They were in the first three Ultimas after all... and "the Space Ace" title has a certain ring to it!

:stir: @Kyronix

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OMG YOU DID NOT! Now I'm glad I didn't go! You are horrible! :/
Does it make it any better that he referred to you, to Bleak as his "little Jester"?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Does it make it any better that he referred to you, to Bleak as his "little Jester"?
Aww if he did that's the sweetest thing ever!

Like a little sister....though I might be older then he is :/ LOL

Still...SWEET!

If it's true..Thank you Kyronix, I will use that moniker from now on ;)

~The Little Jester

:)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I also vote Vegas for 25th!

I wanted to once again say thank you to everyone who came and introduced themselves. Too many people to name.

For those who stayed up late on Friday, it was a good experience to have some more personal and intimate conversations with the developers about our opinions on the game and things we would like to see going forward. Hearing first hand from them how they handle bugs, deal with the code, and their own experiences in UO provided a really unique perspective into the game and how development works.

If anyone is ever in New York City and cares to grab a drink or a bite to eat, I'd be glad to play host!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would be game for Vegas next time.
My visa renewal was finally accepted and it good for 10 years, so I will be able to be there next time!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I said tester! It was fantastic to meet everyone, lots of exciting news to talk about in the coming weeks and months. Over 700 photos to sift through on my camera, once we get them sorted we'll post them all over. For now though, I need a nap!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I said tester! It was fantastic to meet everyone, lots of exciting news to talk about in the coming weeks and months. Over 700 photos to sift through on my camera, once we get them sorted we'll post them all over. For now though, I need a nap!
Oops.. was a bit loud and I miss heard.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL yeah, gonna slap Nexus when I see him ;)

Wish I could have met everyone, looks like you guys had a blast!

Can't wait for more pictures!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If there is a big 25th Anniversary party in Virginia, Mesanna should book the "nearby" Medieval Times for the last day's event. Seems fitting.

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK now let's do MORE pictures and some VIDEOS!

Wedding Photos and some other small random things I grabbed. I didn't really take as many pics as I wanted but enjoy some full sized fun:
UO 20th Anniversary Party

And Videos!

I hope the videos don't suck.... I didn't edit them :p
The balloons batch #2 wouldnt explode, so we had to shoot them at the roof to hit ppl with the splash

Pam found a nifty 20 Water Resistance shield !

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You all realize that there is no reason you can't coordinate your own yearly gathering where ever you like. Not much harder than putting together and executing a rares fest. Except for the fact that you can't get a portal put up for everyone to travel easily to the location.

Keep it simple the first year and grow it from there.

Location -
List of Events -
Registration fee -
Saturday - Sunday event - No problem.