• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As someone that attended both - the 15th Anniversary cake tasted a hell of a lot better than the 20th anni cake and cupcakes. By some chance did the Hyatt have a hand in making the 20th anniversary stuff, because it tasted a lot more bland/artificial?

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone that attended both - the 15th Anniversary cake tasted a hell of a lot better than the 20th anni cake and cupcakes. By some chance did the Hyatt have a hand in making the 20th anniversary stuff, because it tasted a lot more bland/artificial?
LOL, I agree completely about the 20th Anniversary cake. Didn't care for it at all, I stuck with the cupcakes.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Which wedding cake? The Rounds or the Chocolate & White sheet cakes?

I got slices of the latter - tasted like typical grocery store/Wal-Mart bakery sheet cake......

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 15th anni cake was def one of the coolest cakes I have ever seen.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You all realize that there is no reason you can't coordinate your own yearly gathering where ever you like. Not much harder than putting together and executing a rares fest. Except for the fact that you can't get a portal put up for everyone to travel easily to the location.

Keep it simple the first year and grow it from there.

Location -
List of Events -
Registration fee -
Saturday - Sunday event - No problem.
Do one in Asia - Japan... so we all have an excuse to travel there for vacation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just a thought... Orlando, Florida might be a nice place for a meet up. There would be plenty to do there, before and after the party.
Right in Hurricane season..... don't think I'd like that. Remember this time was just after a Hurricane hit Florida...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just a thought... Orlando, Florida might be a nice place for a meet up. There would be plenty to do there, before and after the party.
Lebanon KS would likely be the best all around for a US location. It's 2.6 miles from the geographic center of the contiguous 48 States.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you're all forgetting that if it's not in Virginia, the whole dev team has to shell out for airfare. That would probably result in a lot less schwag, and even crumbier (literally) cake.

Now, as has been previously stated, there's nothing preventing us, the players, from coordinating regional events.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Right in Hurricane season..... don't think I'd like that. Remember this time was just after a Hurricane hit Florida...
Most hurricane seasons are pretty mild, we just happened to get really, really unlucky this year. There hasn't been major hurricane for the last few years. Orlando tends to be one of the most protected cities from hurricanes also, since they are much further inland than the other Florida cities are.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Most hurricane seasons are pretty mild, we just happened to get really, really unlucky this year. There hasn't been major hurricane for the last few years. Orlando tends to be one of the most protected cities from hurricanes also, since they are much further inland than the other Florida cities are.
Mother Nature is Mother Nature and she will always do what she wants. Can't plan your life out due to fear of her and the tools at her disposal. Gotta plan your life out and if she decides to mess with your plans at the last minute ya gotta have the flexibility to adapt and find a way to make do even though she is being a pita...

Just my take on it at any rate :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The Medallion that he was holding in most of the pics? My friends and I were trying to see it and wondering what the heck it was... thanks!
Yepp.. that's the one. I had asked a couple of people and they didn't know.. so I did not feel like a total dumbass lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yepp.. that's the one. I had asked a couple of people and they didn't know.. so I did not feel like a total dumbass lol
We seriously debated about it for a couple hours just the other day scanning through pics from the party trying to zoom in and get a decent look at it... but couldn't.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We seriously debated about it for a couple hours just the other day scanning through pics from the party trying to zoom in and get a decent look at it... but couldn't.
Cool.. I was just assuming it was some kind of "I am the King" medallion that was UO lore or something. More interesting story with knowing what it actually is imo

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cool.. I was just assuming it was some kind of "I am the King" medallion that was UO lore or something. More interesting story with knowing what it actually is imo
We were speculation on whether or not it had something to do with his current game... SotA... trying to figure if it was some symbol from that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I recognized it for what it was, didn't think anything significant about it, other than as such a proficient traveler, he identified with navigators. Of course, I was seeing it across the picnic table, not in pics.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The way he was holding it out in some pictures, I thought it was something presented to him at the party.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, another person's perspective on the party. Please note that all *commentary* is 100% truth.:lie:

Mesanna Prior to being asked about Goblin Knees

Mesanna prior to being asked about goblin knees.jpg

Mesanna While Being Asked About Goblin Knees

Mesanna during being asked about goblin knees1.jpg

Again, A Few Seconds Later

Mesanna during being asked about goblin knees.jpg

The Answer... again...

Mesanna after being asked about goblin knees.jpg

All kidding aside, I have to say that I and the others from Baja that were able to go truly had a wonderful time. I thank Mesanna and her crew for putting this all together and making it happen. And please don't think it went unnoticed that even at the BBQ you were all still working. Thank you for serving us.

I am grateful that I got to meet so many people that I have spent countless hours with over the past 20 years. I wish I got to meet more of you but the time flew.

With Respect.

Amber Witch

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, another person's perspective on the party. Please note that all *commentary* is 100% truth.:lie:
All kidding aside, I have to say that I and the others from Baja that were able to go truly had a wonderful time. I thank Mesanna and her crew for putting this all together and making it happen. And please don't think it went unnoticed that even at the BBQ you were all still working. Thank you for serving us.

I am grateful that I got to meet so many people that I have spent countless hours with over the past 20 years. I wish I got to meet more of you but the time flew.

With Respect.

Amber Witch
That was the best time I'd had in quite a while. The UO Team was spectacular and it's nice to put faces to names. The people I met from Baja, and other shards, were so fun and though it's been 3 weeks since we came home, I'm still laughing about some of the antics. My memories are treasures and God willing, I look forward to being at the 25th Anniversary. Maybe the goblins will have knees by that time and Amber Witch will have a GPS that doesn't require we humies input.

Malforce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lebanon KS would likely be the best all around for a US location. It's 2.6 miles from the geographic center of the contiguous 48 States.
or just Kansas City for the same reasons, but with hotels/motels & other things to do for folks who travel in for it

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
or just Kansas City for the same reasons, but with hotels/motels & other things to do for folks who travel in for it
It's a great place to meet up... Had a UO friend come all the way from Ireland once to meet guildmates and such and I meet up with him and our guildleader at the time in KC... we had a great time.

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'd love to see the next anniversary party in Las Vegas. We could gamble, Amber and mama could work and make us cash to make it home. The kids would have things to do.