• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online’s 20th Anniversary Party

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the 1% that have the time and money get special treatment and gifts while the bottom 99% of hard working folks get nothing even though they have been supporting this game equally ?
Sounds about right for the amercain way the entitlements go to the rich and greedy.

I can easily afford to go but many can't nor can they get time off work or away from other responsibility.

I believe in equality not catering to those that have but being fair to all.

What's broadswords moto again ?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree. If someone spends extra time and money, perhaps they are entitled to something more. Not everybody deserves a "participation" trophy. :) Just my opinion of course.
Thats totally NOT POSSIBLE for 99% of Uo players

NO NO no no no to the 15th fiasco!!! sign up guys/gals!!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol ya like most company's in advertising they always claim they are the best at what ever their weekest or worst link is

"Every player every day"

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So the 1% that have the time and money get special treatment and gifts
I think I understand your feelings, BUT, in my opinion, be it right or wrong, THAT is called LIFE. Those with more $$$ and time ARE allowed to have nicer things.

I was told as a young adult that "if you want nice things you have to EARN them and WORK for them. Nothing is ever GIVEN to you"

On a side note, I did not attend the 15th Anniversary party, but I don't begrudge the ones who did go, and got a "reward", because they did take the time and effort to do so.

Again, just my opinion. :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Kyronix

If BS wants to give attendees frees stuffs, that's fine...a free t-shirt seems to be a given.

But any in-game stuff should be released so everyone has the opportunity to get it if they want; as yes, everyone pays to keep the lights on and deserves to share in the festivities of UO turning 20.

My suggestions for attendee gifts/prizes:
  • Unique t-shirt (different from any other 20th anniversary shirt sold, the "I was there!" edition)
  • Codes for sovereigns
  • Codes for desirable game store items (soulstone, charger, new mounts, etc)
  • Code that adds one or more vet reward picks
  • Token for an already existing artifact of the user's choice
  • Mark 2.0 Heritage Tokens (new selection of currently unavailable graphics...of which there is a ton)
  • A non-immersion-breaking in-game title (separate from any new Vet reward title(s), should be a Master Account type unlock for all linked accounts)
  • Free physical souvenirs that are later sold on a site

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have talked to the wife she is OK with going. But we would be spending a week there so Monday to Sunday to make it wroth her going and putting up with me. That way Monday to Wensday would be family time and then the Thursday to Saturday would be my time to do what I want. Just need to decide if we are driving or flying and renting a car to see the area. If you rent a car can you ask for a car seat or would I have ever to drag mine from Canada on the plane if we fly.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be fair, in game items / codes being given out at real life meet-ups and conventions is pretty common. heres just one example:
Join Us At BlizzCon 2016

that being said, since its supposed to be a souvenier the items should be account bound.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/20288667/get-a-sneak-peek-at-the-blizzcon-2016-in-game-goodies

They also have virtual tickets

"This cache of in-game goodies will be available to you when you join us for BlizzCon X via the Virtual Ticket or in person (just redeem the Digital Bonuses code you received when you purchased your tickets)."

Not sure if UO is offering "Virtual Tickets"

If so then give out in game items for free if you meet in person makes since.
But if you can only get them by "In Person" not so much.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the 1% that have the time and money get special treatment and gifts while the bottom 99% of hard working folks get nothing even though they have been supporting this game equally ?
Sounds about right for the amercain way the entitlements go to the rich and greedy.

I can easily afford to go but many can't nor can they get time off work or away from other responsibility.

I believe in equality not catering to those that have but being fair to all.

What's broadswords moto again ?
First of all it is, American.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I get to go as well @old gypsy ... I was asking a friend about taking me to the airport and picking me up kinda getting a feel for what it would cost and all and how I would get there... talking to my son and my Son said well... if you really want to go I'll help you pay for it! Which was the first wonderful news... and then our friend who played UO with me for years said... well that sounds like fun. He plays on and off a lot. What if I drive us? So guess we are driving. Though my son said "have fun. I'm not going." Road Trip!!! Think of all the Pokemon I'll be able to catch along the way!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I get to go as well @old gypsy ... I was asking a friend about taking me to the airport and picking me up kinda getting a feel for what it would cost and all and how I would get there... talking to my son and my Son said well... if you really want to go I'll help you pay for it! Which was the first wonderful news... and then our friend who played UO with me for years said... well that sounds like fun. He plays on and off a lot. What if I drive us? So guess we are driving. Though my son said "have fun. I'm not going." Road Trip!!! Think of all the Pokemon I'll be able to catch along the way!
That is wonderful news! :)

Now I'm on a mission... and having a devil of a time trying to find a cute goblin costume suitable for an over-70 female. o.0

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I glad someone will be "representing" in costume! But not me. hehe
Well, yours truly won't be totally represented in costume. Had to dismiss the notion of a goblin mask... (1) They're all so ugly! (2) I would have had to ditch my glasses, and I'm nearly blind as a bat without them. I did find some (hopefully) suitable ears though, and what I think may pass in the clothing department. :p

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Whoohoo. I look forward to meeting you...and not getting ourselves into trouble :p

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So....who's bringing the booze?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whoohoo. I look forward to meeting you...and not getting ourselves into trouble :p
I promise to be a good girl... though I can't say I promise not to curse! I'll try to do it in Drow or something...

So....who's bringing the booze?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Won't be me... I don't drink. Once in a purple moon on a Saturday in June or something... maybe but no .... don't drink.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh, looks like reservations are full. Guess I'm not going after all.

Or I'll be the guy standing outside all day just flipping off the building. One or the other.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol ya like most company's in advertising they always claim they are the best at what ever their weekest or worst link is

"Every player every day"
This is comedy gold :lol: So point on, so little words needed.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So looking forward to this trip, didn't think I would be able to go but talked Brig Din Em (hubby) into it...
Told Brig that without UO we never would have met

Can't wait to meet some awesome people that we have gotten to know on Sonoma
and people I know by name but haven't really corresponded with....

Can't wait to see the "swag" they are giving us after the barbecue. been excited about that ever since Mesanna visited Sonoma (can't remember the exact date, maybe Charlie Murphy can remember?)

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Registered awhile ago, how do we know if we're part of the 200 accepted so far?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure. I am assuming I am, only because I registered the first day we could. *crosses fingers because plane and hotel reservations are already made*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm assuming if you got the "confirmation" you are confirmed... otherwise you get the waiting list response.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm assuming if you got the "confirmation" you are confirmed... otherwise you get the waiting list response.
You got a confirmation? Because when signups started, it didn't ask for an email address. There shouldn't be any assuming about it.

An excellent question. Since they didn't initially set up any sort of confirmation, the only way I know of to confirm is to contact Mesanna directly.

I was uncertain, so I wrote to her and she told me I'd signed up early enough that I didn't need to confirm, but that I was on the list. However, I know of one person who signed up very early but wrote to her to confirm and was not on the list. He squeaked in, but now there's a waiting list. I don't know what they are going to do if a bunch of people show up who thought they signed up but aren't on the list. It'll be interesting.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You got a confirmation? Because when signups started, it didn't ask for an email address.

An excellent question. Since they didn't initially set up any sort of confirmation, the only way I know of to confirm is to contact Mesanna directly.

I was uncertain, so I wrote to her and she told me I'd signed up early enough that I didn't need to confirm, but that I was on the list. However, I know of one person who signed up very early but wrote to her to confirm and was not on the list. He squeaked in, but now there's a waiting list. I don't know what they are going to do if a bunch of people show up who thought they signed up but aren't on the list. It'll be interesting.
Right, I just emailed her. I am thinking I am right there with you. Much earlier in this thread I see where I said I registered, above your post showing the rooms. *crosses fingers and waits for response*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It popped up after I registered and NO I didn't get any email how could I get an email???? They never asked for my email when I registered. All I gave them was what they asked for upon registration... But when I finalized the registration it did say "Confirmed"... I do remember that. I would hope that means that I am "confirmed" If Not I guess i'll have an expensive trip to Virginia... and probably go see the Smithsonian .... in DC and call it a day or two...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It popped up after I registered and NO I didn't get any email how could I get an email???? They never asked for my email when I registered. All I gave them was what they asked for upon registration... But when I finalized the registration it did say "Confirmed"... I do remember that. I would hope that means that I am "confirmed" If Not I guess i'll have an expensive trip to Virginia... and probably go see the Smithsonian .... in DC and call it a day or two...
Mine said confirmed on the site too, but I had no way to prove or verify it except to email the producer. I didn't think to screenshot it, and I doubt many did.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mine said confirmed on the site too, but I had no way to prove or verify it except to email the producer. I didn't think to screenshot it, and I doubt many did.
I didn't either I took it at it's word... Perhaps that was silly of me.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Right, I just emailed her. I am thinking I am right there with you. Much earlier in this thread I see where I said I registered, above your post showing the rooms. *crosses fingers and waits for response*
I got a reply. Not only was I told that yes I am on the confirmed list, I actually registered 18th. WOOT! :) Thank you @Mesanna for the super prompt response!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The first week or so of registrations, there was no confirmations sent. If your registration completed, you were accepted. It didn't register to anyone at Broadsword until later, that people would want confirmation, since the event filled up.