• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98 Comes to TC1

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Initial pet slots are not arbitrarily picked as they were in the past, their initial slot count is calculated based on their real attributes and how that compares to all other creatures in the bestiary.
Perhaps the better way to illustrate the point is that for its utility, necromancy (and necro mage) are far too expensive point wise. Most of the pets that can make use of it end up hobbled a bit compared to say Chivalry or Mystic.

Making necro cost 500 and necro mage 501 would go a long way to resolving some of these complaints.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Magery and Necro AI needs to improve drastically for 1500 point spend.

I'll accept....750 points and throw in Mage pets remembering to heal themselves because it's god damn awful atm.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak & @Kyronix
Corpse Skin should be tweaked to no longer Increase Physical & Cold resistances as well.

(Current) Corpse Skin: +10/-15/+10/-15/0
(Proposed) Corpse Skin: 0/-15/0/-15/0

This way pets that deal a % of their melee damage as Physical or Cold won't actually lose damage with their attacks...
The shadow Wyrm comes to mind 75% Physical 25% Cold, Corpse Skin essentially buffs the target, causing their melee attacks to become reduced.
Most pets that have the option for Necromancy lose melee damage from corpse skin.

Or

The AI could be tweaked so pets are smart enough to cast Poison Strike or Fire damage spells more often while their target is affected by corpse skin....
(the corpse skin tweak sounds much easier :D)

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Initial pet slots are not arbitrarily picked as they were in the past, their initial slot count is calculated based on their real attributes and how that compares to all other creatures in the bestiary.
Then it would be nice when any pet could reach 5 slots.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I understand, but I think we're all also looking at where the mobs end up once fully trained, to try and avoid again having only 3 or 4 pets that you take out for anything other than show. I would love to take my tsuki wolf out with me fighting, or to actually build a necromage tsuki wolf, but compared with a fully trained beetle, or a few other mobs, he simply doesn't measure up. Same for the iron beetle and deathwatch beetle; compared with the giant and fire beetles, it simply doesn't make sense to use those as pets. Give the iron and deathwatch beetles the same 1>5 range, with poison damage on the deathwatch and energy or cold on the iron, and suddenly those would be quite viable pets.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Drowy @BrianFreud

You both propose a lot more pets should be given 5 slot treatment? (btw iron beetle can go to 5 slot)
I like the idea of all magical and rare creatures going 5 slot (dragons, cu's, iron beetles, magic horses and your 3 headed wolf) but average beetles and cats? I would still prefer dragons etc as the ultimate 5 slot powerhouses to keep things real, unmountable pets have been overshadowed by 5 slot mounted too which I feel is a damn shame. For me personally I would like a lot more pets to reach the 4 slot stage and start at stage 1 to make great 4 slots (less base damage power but still great and tbh I feel they should limit few other things to between 4-5 slot stage) and you can then stay mounted because I'm still theory crafting for a great 4 slot pet combo'd with shadow barding swamp so I don't drop peacemaking songs so easily.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
You both propose a lot more pets should be given 5 slot treatment? (btw iron beetle can go to 5 slot)
I like the idea of all magical and rare creatures going 5 slot (dragons, cu's, iron beetles, magic horses and your 3 headed wolf) but average beetles and cats? I would still prefer dragons etc as the ultimate 5 slot powerhouses to keep things real, unmountable pets have been overshadowed by 5 slot mounted too which I feel is a damn shame. For me personally I would like a lot more pets to reach the 4 slot stage and start at stage 1 to make great 4 slots (less base damage power but still great and tbh I feel they should limit few other things to between 4-5 slot stage) and you can then stay mounted because I'm still theory crafting for a great 4 slot pet combo'd with shadow barding swamp so I don't drop peacemaking songs so easily.
Yes, Iron Beetles can go to 5 slots. But unlike Giant and Fire Beetles, they start at 2 slots. Even as a 1>5, they'd basically be a Giant Beetle without a backpack. That's why I suggest they be given a different damage type, to better differentiate them.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why such an underwhelming list of rewards? This is the 20th anniversary, what good is a confetti cannon? The Ultima banners and mount are decent in my opinion but everything else is either severely outdated, easy to get or only for a collector. Why not something that we can actually use, even soulstone frags aren't a horrible idea. I am not wanting to complain just disappointed in the list.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Hell hounds and Dire Wolves really should be 1/4, rather than the 2/4 they currently are. Hell hounds are one of few pets that could actually benefit from necro, but being 2 slots when wild makes them seriously, seriously underpowered 4 slot pets. Dire wolves are even worse. I know no one gives a rats ass about mid range max pets but... Please, my dude. :(
After testing on TC before pub 97, there is a reason they got bumped to 2 slot. The pack damage plus just adjusting couple things on first training gump, would allow people to instant kill others with five of them, same for the frenzied ostard. That's why they got moved up, I had five of them attack myself and would die before I even saw damage. LOL

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In one of the meet and greets, the issue was raised where it is possible to "break" a pet, if you don't select the special ability/special move/magical ability/area of effect in the correct order. For example on most pets,, if you choose magical ability first, you lose the option to add any more abilities.
The game should not give the player the option to "break a pet". Lets take rune beetles, if you give it a magical ability or poisoning ability, it will lose one or the other, so why give this option at all?
The game should not give the option to select a magical ability after a magical ability has already been selected.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i think one of the problems with five slots naturals vs anything that can be trained to five comes down to a couple things.

1. 125 stam/dex vs 150 stam/dex. 1.5 swing speed vs 1.25 over a time minute fight equals a lot.
2. Resists. Poor shadow wyrm has resists on par with a natural 2-3 slotter
3. Does the 5 spotter spawn with being able to get 120 wrestling..

Anything five slotter is going to hit slower and less than anything trained to five if those aren't addresssed.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also, i'm pretty peeved off with people saying there are no valid necro pets, ossein ram with necto is my main pet. By all means give it another slot though... i won't complain...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, Iron Beetles can go to 5 slots. But unlike Giant and Fire Beetles, they start at 2 slots. Even as a 1>5, they'd basically be a Giant Beetle without a backpack. That's why I suggest they be given a different damage type, to better differentiate them.
Perhaps make them 100% Energy damage.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Mervyn ram is good and tsukki wolf too (190 dex movement is underestimated). I feel the issue for most is the outrageous cost of learning necro or magery, I'm sure everyone would like a necro Nightmare and I would love a Shadow Wyrm but devs have it on lock.

Apparently Magery/Necro is 3 times more powerful than mysticism/chivarly/discord etc xD

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Mervyn ram is good and tsukki wolf too (190 dex movement is underestimated). I feel the issue for most is the outrageous cost of learning necro or magery, I'm sure everyone would like a necro Nightmare and I would love a Shadow Wyrm but devs have it on lock.

Apparently Magery/Necro is 3 times more powerful than mysticism/chivarly/discord etc xD
Dex is capped at 150 once tamed.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
No, it's not. You can't exceed imbuing 150 Dex on them, but I have several different pets with greater than 150 Dex. Tsuki wolf is one of them and my Naja is another.
Every Tsuki Wolf I've tamed, with as high as 195 dex, they all drop to 150 immediately upon taming.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
then riddle me a little ditty about an animal called the Skree my friend!

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Every Tsuki Wolf I've tamed, with as high as 195 dex, they all drop to 150 immediately upon taming.
My friend has one that was tamed 2 weeks ago and it remained with over 190 dex even tho in publish it says 190 dex is max useable dex.

Stamina will always drop to 150 tho, difference between pet movement speed tho 150>190 is quite something however.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My friend has one that was tamed 2 weeks ago and it remained with over 190 dex even tho in publish it says 190 dex is max useable dex.

Stamina will always drop to 150 tho, difference between pet movement speed tho 150>190 is quite something however.
Which is why natural 5 slotters with 125 dex needs to be reexamined. None of them are mountable and they are so slow that taking them anywhere can be a test of patience.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know, and I think that these two specific pets and others mentioned are a good example of why (as is, anyway) the stat based method of determining slots isn't the best way to accurately represent the power level of the the pets.

Take for example the one slot Stone Slith in comparison to a two slot Hell Hound or a Dire Wolf. The Slith has higher HP, much higher Str, and much higher total resists, higher skills (outside of necro), and equal stats otherwise, a bunch of abilities, AND it can go to 5 slots... see what I mean? Or going the other way compare a Hell hound to a Drake, or a Boura, or a Raptor really any two slot pet. The functional power level and difference in stats is substantial. Slots may not be arbitrarily picked, but the threshold for a stat total is, and clearly some pets are getting like 1%-20% across that threshold to the next slot leaving them much closer to the slot below, than the slot they end up in, rendering them functionally useless in comparison to other pets of the same slot.

Hell hounds and Dire wolves have always been 1 slot pets, and they only change was that they were both given skill points that, in the wild, they not only don't, but cannot use. The idea of course is that access to necromancy is viewed by the calculation as a power increase, but in the wild is has zero function, and when tamed it means an extra control slot without the functional stats to back that slot level up, rendering them weaker than any other pet of the same level, and arguably weaker than say a Timber wolf due to the fact that they require an extra control slot for very, very similar stats.

Honestly I think contol slots on things pre-update were basically all correct with a few exceptions, and to me it seems like it would have been easier to just hand adjust the few things out of line than to code a whole system to evaluate power levels based on stats. This whole confusion, and upset could have easily been avoided by just keeping it simple, and hand setting slots based on actual rather than theoretical pet performance.

Any chance Timber/White/Grey wolves (and bears and some other "woodland" type pets) could get a boost up to 4 slots max?

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Drowy @BrianFreud

I think every pet with the exception of maybe birds should be minimum 4 max slots. Most things can already get to 3 slots, and even at 2 slots a chicken or a rat can actually handle quite a bit, so even one level up completely breaks any sense of reality, so who cares? Let people have 4 slot deer and wolves and panthers.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After testing on TC before pub 97, there is a reason they got bumped to 2 slot. The pack damage plus just adjusting couple things on first training gump, would allow people to instant kill others with five of them, same for the frenzied ostard. That's why they got moved up, I had five of them attack myself and would die before I even saw damage. LOL
No, they got moved up automatically by the code because they were given 30 points of necromancy/ss that they can't use. Like Kyronix said, pets aren't hard coded at a slot level.

Frenzied's are still 1 slot and do essentially the same damage, you'll note. Not only that, but they made level up happen as soon as any training was done, so any leveled up pack pet instantly becomes 2 slots, thus making it much less useful as a pack attacker.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
That's not possible; "plus just adjusting couple things on first training gump" means that minimally they've been bumped +1 slot. If they're 1 slot to begin with (so you could have 5), then the most you could have would be 1 untrained one and 2 that had those couple of adjusted things.

Most things can already get to 3 slots, and even at 2 slots a chicken or a rat can actually handle quite a bit, so even one level up completely breaks any sense of reality, so who cares? Let people have 4 slot deer and wolves and panthers.
Not exactly. BrianFreud/11 - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums There's a few with unknown #s, but assuming all the info's correct:

9 - unknown
5 - 1 slot (untrainable)
41 - 1 slot > 2 slot
43 - 1 slot > 3 slot
10 - 1 slot > 4 slot
4 - 1 slot > 5 slot
0 - 2 slot (untrainable)
3 - 2 slot > 3 slot
0 - 2 slot > 4 slot
25 - 2 slot > 5 slot
0 - 3 slot (untrainable)
1 - 3 slot > 4 slot
16 - 3 slot > 5 slot
0 - 4 slot (untrainable)
8 - 4 slot > 5 slot
1 - 5 slot (untrainable)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
then riddle me a little ditty about an animal called the Skree my friend!
I was wondering why the Dread Warhorse who's stats really are NOT that much better than a Nightmare will change from 3 to 4 slots if I try to ruin it with training... not like he has anything "wonderful".... he blows a cloud if you say "trick" whoop-de-do-da.... Doesn't make it all that powerful.

I can see the Bane Dragon going 3 to 4 given it's serious poison... but the warhorse???

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Take out Tsuki wolf + Unicorn.
I found a 249 hp 249 str tsuki. It has no room for scrolls. You cant get the str to 700 and have decent HP if you want to scroll it. Ki-rin is the male version, they also don't have enough HP.

btw iron beetle can go to 5 slot)
I have one of those also. Less total points than a giant beetle and you cant ride it. It sits in the back of my stable.

also, i'm pretty peeved off with people saying there are no valid necro pets, ossein ram with necto is my main pet.
I'm glad you love it so. Id like to see the lore pages. I bet you have no scrolls on it and if you do lets see those HP and STR. Every other magic can find a pet that can be fully scrolled and have 800HP, 700 STR, Mana regen 30, and 600 mana How does your Ram compare? Is Necro really that good that you need to sacrifice?

Why settle for mediocre? Your mystic pet is a Skree?

Why shouldn't all the 5 slot pets have the same top end?

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I found a 249 hp 249 str tsuki. It has no room for scrolls. You cant get the str to 700 and have decent HP if you want to scroll it. Ki-rin is the male version, they also don't have enough HP.
I'm horrified to hear you didn't put that Tsuki out of his misery the moment you found him! Tsuki's aren't great pet's if you are pvm only, necromancy and 190 dex are being heavily underestimated...

Unicorn > Nightmare overall. Unicorn has 100 less hp but is poison immune and does not know dragon breath, that's the best trade off for 100 HP I have ever seen!

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm horrified to hear you didn't put that Tsuki out of his misery the moment you found him! Tsuki's aren't great pet's if you are pvm only, necromancy and 190 dex are being heavily underestimated...

Unicorn > Nightmare overall. Unicorn has 100 less hp but is poison immune and does not know dragon breath, that's the best trade off for 100 HP I have ever seen!
I love my Tsuki. He's decent enough for all but the end of Shadowguard. But he's kind of a pet version of a weak Sampire - he can stay alive near indefinitely, but he's lacking in the "umph" a final 1500 points would give him, which would take him from "I can survive near forever" to "I can kill high end stuff like a giant beetle".

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@BrianFreud it is unmountable so in comparison to other pets it should come with more but it's obvious devs have weighed necromancy heavily as only a few pets can learn it and because of necro's potential in pvp. Certainly seems like they were taking a safety first approach with necro pets instead of potentially upsetting the pvp crowd in an instant.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
holy smokes are these mini bosses in Sorc Dungeon hard!!!!

guild mates went to bed and i was all alone *soft wimper* and i thought id go check out the event.
got in there, ran through the entire dungeon which was empty, found the room with active spawn, worked at it for a while then BOOM out pops the "Nightmare Fairy" and holy hell!

so first thing... its a Dryad in a Irks body.
2nd thing, how the hell do you kill it!

im all alone and ive got this thing Disco'd and i have my 5 slot Fully Trained Cu on it and im healing it no problem but its health bar isnt going down!
well, its going down but... ive been beating on this thing for 20 minutes and ive taken off maybe..... 1/20 of its HP?
have a look at the pic.

thing is crazy high in HP!

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i brought in another tamer and this is about half an hour into the fight.

a necro mage weaver just came to help too.

crazy hi HP on this thing.
i had to call it a night.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
holy smokes are these mini bosses in Sorc Dungeon hard!!!!

guild mates went to bed and i was all alone *soft wimper* and i thought id go check out the event.
got in there, ran through the entire dungeon which was empty, found the room with active spawn, worked at it for a while then BOOM out pops the "Nightmare Fairy" and holy hell!

so first thing... its a Dryad in a Irks body.
2nd thing, how the hell do you kill it!
It's possible. I killed it alone with a trained Phoenix. Took a long time, 350 bandages, consume damage and a few trips upstairs without the pet when it hit me instead of the pet. Luckily I was able to heal up and get back to the pet quick enough to avoid the pet dying.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not exactly. BrianFreud/11 - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums There's a few with unknown #s, but assuming all the info's correct:

9 - unknown
5 - 1 slot (untrainable)
41 - 1 slot > 2 slot
43 - 1 slot > 3 slot
10 - 1 slot > 4 slot
4 - 1 slot > 5 slot
0 - 2 slot (untrainable)
3 - 2 slot > 3 slot
0 - 2 slot > 4 slot
25 - 2 slot > 5 slot
0 - 3 slot (untrainable)
1 - 3 slot > 4 slot
16 - 3 slot > 5 slot
0 - 4 slot (untrainable)
8 - 4 slot > 5 slot
1 - 5 slot (untrainable)
Well... that is most things. 46 can't get to at least 3 slots, and 100+ that can.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Blehg... are the bosses the only way to get the halloween stuff? If so... R.I.P. my chances of getting any. :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see the sorceror's dungeon as being one of those quickly trashed things. Like everything else in UO, even the yearly events have become a massive grind.

First year Doom-just hop in and kill things that you always killed-get a chance for a drop, could do it asw long or as little as you wanted to.

Second year-Kotl-spend almost 1mil buying power cores, and work the puzzle out to get in to place them to activate the spawn to kill. Only lasted lilke an hour, then you had to rinse and repeat. and of course, if you went to the trouble to kick it off, you were gonna stay the hour-so dont plan on just being a breaktime kind of event.

This year-mini spawn, complete with paragons that will take half an hour each to kill. Again, grindy, will end up being time consuming for hit and run players. Hopefully there will be a lot of drops from the lower level stuff. If not, the new will wear out of it rather quickly, I fear. Not sure when it was decided, and who decided, that standing around beating on a massive HP mob was more entertaining than actually clearing a load of lower level stuff. I have no intention of making a multi hour commitment to try to get some drop that wont get me anything unless i get 10 or more of them.

I sure did enjoy the first year the most, come and go at will-no keying, no commitment, just play and have fun

oh well...que sera, sera

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For bosses that take forever i find my melee tamer build works well. 170's from ai plus onslaught plus my pets rune curruption increase damage output dramatically.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Screenshot_22.jpg Screenshot_23.jpg Screenshot_24.jpg Screenshot_25.jpg

Me and one other tamer with a fire steed killed it in short order last night. They do have a lot of hp but easy to kill if you have the right pet combo or pet/archer whatever...mean little buggers right?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Me and one other tamer with a fire steed killed it in short order last night. They do have a lot of hp but easy to kill if you have the right pet combo or pet/archer whatever...mean little buggers right?
Thanks for the new lores :)

Reminder to all, you can add notes to each of the mobs' pages in the wiki, with anything from general info and taming tips to notes on what does/doesn't work in combat. Feel free to add anything on the event's main wikipage as well! ( Treasures of the Sorcerer’s Dungeon - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums )

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What is the loot like on these things? Please tell me it's more than Halloween deco stuff, please.
I ran through the dungeon last night with myself and 2 tamers. I think we cleared 4 or 5 minibosses and their spawn, then the pumpkin king. We got no items from any of the bosses (including the pumpkin king) - no Artifacts of Enchanted Origin, no deco items, just normal magical loot. All in total I got 20 Artifacts from the spawns, the tamer I grouped with got 7, and not sure about the other tamer. It's not a horrible drop rate, but we were the only 3 there.

It kind of sucks that we didn't get anything from the mini-bosses or Jack. I'm not sure what their loot table is, but IMO it would be nice to at least guarantee an Artifact from the mini-bosses and pumpkin king for the effort.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I ran through the dungeon last night with myself and 2 tamers. I think we cleared 4 or 5 minibosses and their spawn, then the pumpkin king. We got no items from any of the bosses (including the pumpkin king) - no Artifacts of Enchanted Origin, no deco items, just normal magical loot. All in total I got 20 Artifacts from the spawns, the tamer I grouped with got 7, and not sure about the other tamer. It's not a horrible drop rate, but we were the only 3 there.

It kind of sucks that we didn't get anything from the mini-bosses or Jack. I'm not sure what their loot table is, but IMO it would be nice to at least guarantee an Artifact from the mini-bosses and pumpkin king for the effort.
Yes, the loot on the "mini bosses" and Jack DOES suck!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The spawn and mini-bosses are just to get the artifact drops...instead of mindlessly killing spawn over and over to get drops there's at least a little fun in it. I've done 3 complete rounds and net about 10-15 drops per round which isn't bad at all....you're not doing it for the loot.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The spawn and mini-bosses are just to get the artifact drops...instead of mindlessly killing spawn over and over to get drops there's at least a little fun in it. I've done 3 complete rounds and net about 10-15 drops per round which isn't bad at all....you're not doing it for the loot.
Just to clarify, I wasn't looking for Legendary Artifacts or super rare items off the bosses. When I asked for a guaranteed Artifact dropping from the bosses, I meant the Enchanted Origin artifacts. I am completely fine with the rest of the loot being a normal magical loot table :)

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

That's cause the CU is probably the worst pet to use against that particular mini-boss. He has 85+ cold resist and 95-100 energy resist, which is the damage type of the CU. Hes low in fire so using a fire beetle or fire steed is the way to go. I mean if your a tamer and your not loring the enemies your not doing it right! HeHeHe