• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98 Comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce that Publish 98 will be available for testing on TC1 by 2pm ET July 27, 2017. Publish 98 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and head over to TC1 to check out the latest update. Please note that some features will not be available on TC1, check the notes for full release details. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yepp... consume just basically became useless. I also do not like how they took some of the PVP'ers complaints, called the "bug fixes" and "fixed" them by making across the board changes that effect PVM... which we all knew they would do... once again.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yepp... consume just basically became useless. I also do not like how they took some of the PVP'ers complaints, called the "bug fixes" and "fixed" them by making across the board changes that effect PVM... which we all knew they would do... once again.
Yeah no shock there... still nothing about pets disapearing. Thats unfortunate.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looks good to me. :)
I just wish they would have the named lantern again as a reward in the Treasures of the Sorcerer's Dungeon event... :sad4:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm curious what happened to the jewelry box (art for which is already in the client) and the animated, fish-filled pond Mesanna has talked about... Maybe Christmas...

The consume damage nerf is dumb. It should be at least 10 points above what you can set regens at.

Edit: Ooo... a bunch of new art they didn't mention...

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
"All pets which have been exploited by releasing or death will have the following stats reset and incur a penalty to their advanced pet training. Strength, intelligence, dexterity, hit points, stamina, mana, base damage, and all resists will be reset to defaults."

The Cu I use on my main Tamer was a 'pre-patch' Cu that had over-capped Dex and Hit Points (i.e., it had natural dex of 138 and HP of 634). Obviously, this saved me a few Advanced Pet Training skill points when training this particular beast. The pet was never released and re-tamed or advanced by any other exploit.

I am curious... how are they going to identify these pets? Do the GMs / Devs have the ability to identify if a pet was released/re-tamed multiple times? Or will "pre-patch" pets like mine potentially get caught up in the drag net here and have their stats reset and incur a penalty?

I am glad to hear they are addressing this exploit, but I sincerely hope that honest tamers that put considerable time and effort put into training their pets don't have them accidently reset. @Kyronix

"Serpent’s Jawbone
  • A teleporter that can be used to teleport to various locations throughout Ilshenar"
This was long over due. Looking forward to this reward! :D

Regarding the rewards titles... since this event is on-going during the 20th anniversary period, perhaps offer a reward title that reflects this? Just a thought.

"Horn of Plenty
  • The Horn of Plenty has been updated with a new rare item – the Ale Table!
    • House addon that animates and serves a tasty ale when used!"
:pint: I'd like to see this. Hopefully we get a picture soon!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm curious what happened to the jewelry box (art for which is already in the client) and the animated, fish-filled pond Mesanna has talked about... Maybe Christmas...

The consume damage nerf is dumb. It should be at least 10 points above what you can set regens at.

Edit: Ooo... a bunch of new art they didn't mention...
At the 30 HPR "cap", it is exactly 10 above the max. It shouldn't have been nerfed at all. In my opinion of course. I guess now all of the pets I have trained are obsolete, as I could have spent the points in different areas (i.e. HP's perhaps):(

*thinks long and hard about not training ANY more pets for a LONG time.*

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
  • Pet skills which are required for AIs will now be set to their required minimums
Translation?
"Pet skills which are required for armor ignores will now be set to their required minimums (wrestling/tactics)"?
"Pet Skills which are required for their artificial intelligence will now be set to their required minimum's"?

If it's the latter pets ruined and not nearly as much fun as they could be:
Cu Sidhe, Ossein Ram, Lion, Reptalon, Sabre-tooth Tiger, Triceratops, Tiger, Saurasarus, Dragon Turtle Hatchling, Blood Fox and Deathwatch Beetle.
I'll cry more by continuing, now crowning your pvm overlords! : Lesser Hiryu, Fire Beetle, Giant Beetle, Najasaurus, the "special crown" going out too to the only worthy necro pet after this publish, the tsukki wolf!

*Slow clapping in the direction of Dev Team*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"All pets which have been exploited by releasing or death will have the following stats reset and incur a penalty to their advanced pet training. Strength, intelligence, dexterity, hit points, stamina, mana, base damage, and all resists will be reset to defaults."

The Cu I use on my main Tamer was a 'pre-patch' Cu that had over-capped Dex and Hit Points (i.e., it had natural dex of 138 and HP of 634). Obviously, this saved me a few Advanced Pet Training skill points when training this particular beast. The pet was never released and re-tamed or advanced by any other exploit.

I am curious... how are they going to identify these pets? Do the GMs / Devs have the ability to identify if a pet was released/re-tamed multiple times? Or will "pre-patch" pets like mine potentially get caught up in the drag net here and have their stats and incur a penalty?
I too have a pet who had an over cap stat, strength - it was balanced out when training by the fact that I couldn't increase dex and int stats because of the overall combined cap.
I don't think we need to worry about these pets.

Fire Warrior

Adventurer
:bdh: This is what the patch is going to do to all your pre patch pets, even really old pets IMO since they are doing retroactive changes. ANYTIME you see devs do retroactive... look out below ladies and gentlemen no offense. Just a prediction. Do any of you really think they are going to discriminate here? Clearly they decided that their 'changes' were too ambitious. They are ROLLIN BACK. Look out! Tamers and Children first! :stretcher:

Hopefully the new slots that creatures are set to ends up being appropriate.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Sounds like they really put an effort into Halloween. I love it. Except maybe it could run Oct AND Nov :) I don't think I will want to see that end.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay here comes the Glass half full lady :)

By no means am I saying all good things....but mostly!

For the 20th anny tokens:
  • Confetti Canon, fires a confetti bomb into the air when used. Sounds fun!
  • Platinum Dragon Statue, animates when used and is engraved with 1 of 30 different events throughout Britannia’s history. MORE COLLECTIONS! YAY!
  • Codex of Virtue Deed Don't we already have this?
  • Ultima Banner Deed We have this too..don't we?
  • Scroll of Alacrity Book This is good we needed more!
  • Scroll of Transcendence Book This too!!
  • Powerscroll Book These not so much..I still have a box full of them :(
  • Sands of Sosaria, updated with Earth Years 2013-2016 This is good!
  • Ask and Answer Ball This not so good..a lot of these still floating around.
  • Sweet 16 Anniversary Pony Mount Interesting??? If it's different then the other one...of which we all have TONS!
  • Display Case (South) Don't need these??
  • Display Case (East) These either...
  • White Leather Dyetub DEFINITELY DO NOT NEED MORE OF THESE!
  • Harpsichord Deed Or these....
  • Shadow Token Or these....
  • Crystal Token Or these.....

So...out of the 16 items...10 of them are pretty worthless....IMO anyway

The Halloween event sounds AMAZING!

Good fun and rewards...nothing recycled which is GOOD!

Zombie Skeletons....much looking forward to this..I lost all but one of my named bones from the first event so am looking forward to this!

ROUND pumpkins...what a novel idea!!! MUCH better then the oval...things...we have now..so thank you for that!!!! Cat and Owl too...WEEE!!! does a happy dance

Interested in the 20th anny event arc and can't wait to learn more!

Thank you Dev's for all the upcoming fun :)

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious what happened to the jewelry box (art for which is already in the client) and the animated, fish-filled pond Mesanna has talked about...
There are text strings added about this
Jewelry Box
Select Filter:
ADD JEWELRY
The jewelry box is full.
This is not a ring, bracelet, necklace, earring, or talisman.
Target rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, or talisman in your backpack. You may also target a sub-container to add contents to the the jewelry box. When done, press ESC.
You must be carrying the item to add it to the jewelry box.
The jewelry box must be secured before you can use it.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serpent’s Jawbone
  • A teleporter that can be used to teleport to various locations throughout Ilshenar

Very cool, at last. :heart:
This on it's own owns the entire publish.
(And putting it into the Halloween event is cool also, as that is a good one).

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Missing from the hot fix, issues that were brought up on pub97 test centre:

Classic Client, pet damage received is red (same as damage dealt) instead of yellow
Classic Cleint, loss of healthbar when a pet is mounted (friend or foe)
Various exploits from insta auto pet stable on log-out.

Missing information on animal lore gump regarding VvV mount's battle readiness status (both clients)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are text strings added about this
Jewelry Box
Select Filter:
ADD JEWELRY
The jewelry box is full.
This is not a ring, bracelet, necklace, earring, or talisman.
Target rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, or talisman in your backpack. You may also target a sub-container to add contents to the the jewelry box. When done, press ESC.
You must be carrying the item to add it to the jewelry box.
The jewelry box must be secured before you can use it.
Good to see it was worked on more... The art has been in the clients for months.

There is a second, less ornate and more box-like...well, box... in the files now as well.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The Halloween stuff sounds fun, and yay skeletons. But...

The change to consume damage is listed is under "Bug Fixes". Is there actually a recent bug with it, or is this being based on how the mastery has worked for the last two years? I can't recall anyone ever complaining about consume damage, and this little "bug fix" could significantly change how some tamers play.

Most of the token rewards look like recycled old stuff that should have been either obtainable through normal gameplay from the get-go (scroll books) or tossed in the store after a while (codex, shadow and crystal token). There really, desperately needs to be some kind of coherent strategy in place regarding the store versus rewards versus gameplay versus holiday gifts.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's it? A bunch of re-hashed rewards for the 20th anniversary? and only 1 per char? run out of time or something?
No mention about castles so i guess that's been shelved...
More pet "fixes" that PVM'ers didn't ask for but are being implemented anyway for the 'Mesanna club".
It's pretty obvious that the "story arc" is gonna end with us getting the Jewelry box as a reward.....
And who gives two hoots about Haloween stuff....that's October not the Anniversary or is that it for the devs for this year, just sit back and laugh and collect those pay checks.

20 Years.....you couldn't tell by looking at that....no wonder they haven't been promoting it on social media.
:facepalm::facepalm:....that's right, 2 of them.....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The change to consume damage is listed is under "Bug Fixes". Is there actually a recent bug with it, or is this being based on how the mastery has worked for the last two years? I can't recall anyone ever complaining about consume damage, and this little "bug fix" could significantly change how some tamers play.
The only folks who complained about Consume were some folks in the "Pets Are Overpowered in PVP" thread recently. ... smdh ... so yeah... there ya go.. pvm takes a hit again *shrugs*

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least we can now say with more certainty that UO is not their full time job and we are in maintenance mode....

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's it? A bunch of re-hashed rewards for the 20th anniversary? and only 1 per char? run out of time or something?
No mention about castles so i guess that's been shelved...
More pet "fixes" that PVM'ers didn't ask for but are being implemented anyway for the 'Mesanna club".
It's pretty obvious that the "story arc" is gonna end with us getting the Jewelry box as a reward.....
And who gives two hoots about Haloween stuff....that's October not the Anniversary or is that it for the devs for this year, just sit back and laugh and collect those pay checks.

20 Years.....you couldn't tell by looking at that....no wonder they haven't been promoting it on social media.
:facepalm::facepalm:....that's right, 2 of them.....
Feel free to hop on TC1 and come offer some feedback!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Seems 2-slot nightmares are considered as exploited. :sad3:

Did you tame that 2 slot mare yourself?

There were quite a few mares sold that were exploited by the bug. If you purchased any two slot mare since the pet training hit I would be nervous about it being an exploited one.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the publish, especially like seeing the new holiday content. I like that there are some new gifts. Thank you, Devs.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too have a pet who had an over cap stat, strength - it was balanced out when training by the fact that I couldn't increase dex and int stats because of the overall combined cap.
I don't think we need to worry about these pets.
@Merlin I just got on Test and checked my copied WW. She had 756 str before training. Cap is 700 str, she still has 756 str under new rules on Test center. You can stop worrying about your Cu :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Merlin I just got on Test and checked my copied WW. She had 756 str before training. Cap is 700 str, she still has 756 str under new rules on Test center. You can stop worrying about your Cu :)
Patch isn't on Test until the 27th ;)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
"We are pleased to announce that Publish 98 will be available for testing on TC1 by 2pm ET July 27, 2017."

Thank you for keeping this in mind though. I hope @Kyronix has seen my particular question about this.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you tame that 2 slot mare yourself?

There were quite a few mares sold that were exploited by the bug. If you purchased any two slot mare since the pet training hit I would be nervous about it being an exploited one.
Yes. I tamed it myself on Europa mid May, it had 304hp, 280str, 125dex, 125int, 62/32/34/32/29 in resists and was 2-slots before training. I copied it to TC and did 3 rounds of training. Today it reset to some random stats and random resists and now 3-slots.
I traded it to @Bleak for detailed inspection.

EDIT: last stats it had before p98 is 516hp, 645str,150dex,700int, 80/75/70/70/70 and all 120 skill caps and some regens

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like that the Sands of Sosaria have been updated, it's nice to see that set is getting some attention again.

Although... it does seem a bit strange that it only goes up to the year 2016 still. Considering that we are in 2017 right now and the 20th anniversary is towards the end of the year, wouldn't it have made sense to add the 2017 Sands of Sosaria as well?

I can't imagine that adding one more would have taken much extra time.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you want us to go on test? so we can tell you what is bugged and you still continue to ignore 2 patches later?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like that the Sands of Sosaria have been updated, it's nice to see that set is getting some attention again.

Although... it does seem a bit strange that it only goes up to the year 2016 still. Considering that we are in 2017 right now and the 20th anniversary is towards the end of the year, wouldn't it have made sense to add the 2017 Sands of Sosaria as well?

I can't imagine that adding one more would have taken much extra time.
Future hasn't been written yet ;)