• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98 Comes to TC1

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Samps are not the fastest spawning template for Coon. Necro/Mage/Weaver in max SDI is quite a bit faster but a sitting duck if you get raided.
I am counting from start to the death of the champ.... I know that a necro can do a spawn faster because they dont have to wait for the mobs to come close to their ranged ability but I dont see how they could kill the champ in the time needed to hit a 15 minute spawn.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am counting from start to the death of the champ.... I know that a necro can do a spawn faster because they dont have to wait for the mobs to come close to their ranged ability but I dont see how they could kill the champ in the time needed to hit a 15 minute spawn.
Corpse skin/Flamestrike with 115+ SDI does more damage than AI, with WOD doing 800+ per spell for the last 30%. In wraith form and with some MR you can cast pretty much non-stop.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Samps are not the fastest spawning template for Coon. Necro/Mage/Weaver in max SDI is quite a bit faster but a sitting duck if you get raided.
I imagine for a set up like this to work you'd have to one shot everything every single wither? Otherwise you'd be dead after aggro? how does it work with a higher level mobs?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imagine for a set up like this to work you'd have to one shot everything every single wither? Otherwise you'd be dead after aggro? how does it work with a higher level mobs?
Spellweaving for higher levels - Thunderstorm and Essence of Wind with a 6 cover a MUCH larger area than Wither. Slayer bonus? Not sure on that though, since I usually don't use those spells in a pvm setting.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Spellweaving for higher levels - Thunderstorm and Essence of Wind with a 6 cover a MUCH larger area than Wither. Slayer bonus? Not sure on that though, since I usually don't use those spells in a pvm setting.
Never tested to see if essence and thunderstorm are effected by a slayer, but heck, ya don't really need it lol. Throw on a 30% soul charge shield and it's like you are in wraith form sucking that mana. Biggest advantage of sw over necro imo is thunderstorm and slowing down the casters on demon spawn.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rat mages and archers are 1 wither, hellhounds and silver serpents are 2. Wither casts fast enough that most of the time agro isn't an issue at coon spawn. Add in attunment and gift of renewal and it's kinda hard to die.

The real time saver is in the first to levels though. Essence of wind with a level 6 focus will clear the screen in a single cast. No running around pulling agro or waiting for spawn to clump up.... run to the middle of the screen and cast... everything is dead. Add in tossing EV to kill on the island and up on the ledge.