• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98 Comes to TC1

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet damage number hues are a future enhancement, no timetable on when this will make it on to the schedule. The loss of a creature healthbar when transitioning from unmounted->mounted status is working as intended.
Working as intended? it doesn't do this on EC, how are you supposed to switch targets from pet/player when they keep mounting and dismounting? what are you talking about?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also,

Can we get pet summoning balls to give clean up points while we're at it?

Since there's no in game use for them since you just relog for pet...

taking my ball and gong home with it.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Bleak This is what I read: "Consume Damage is now capped on pets at 45 HCI and 30 HPR." I take that to mean the "cap" is indeed 30 HPR. OK, so I went (on Test) to kill an ancient wyrm, and then some trogs, along with grobu and lurg. With a pet that I "trained" to 20 HPR. My HPR with consume damage on was 50, not 30. SO, should the post actually read "Consume Damage is now capped on pets at 45 HCI and 30 HPR. ON TOP OF PETS ACTUAL HPR". That is a completely different meaning. STILL WAY TOO MUCH OF A NERF, but not AS bad as a "hard cap" of 30 HPR TOTAL. BIG difference! Please let us know. Thanks.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Dread Spiders are probably the best Necromage capable pet. They're not the best pet for single target damage, and certainly not the best pet for Tanking (unless the foe's melee deals majority Poison damage), but they're by far the best pet for dishing out AoE damage. Give one Necromage and Poison Breath, and run Consume Damage on it at the Dragon Turtle spawn, and it's flat out hilarious how many numbers pop up on screen, between Wither, Poison Strike, and DP-Lethal DoT ticks on every enemy on screen.
I could see a viable necromage Tsuki Wolf, but they'd need to have 1 more round of training to make it work. Those wolves could use 1 more round in any case, to take them from a so-so fully trained pet to something that I'd happy consider taking out instead of my 5 slot beetle.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak

You took TC1 down earlier today to put in a fix for pets improperly losing slots... Uhm.. It didn't work. I had a fully trained fire drake drop from 5 slots to 2 after your fix...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There will be an additional update to Test Center which will address the issue of pets which spawn with multiple control slots being flagged. Once TC has been updated you will need to copy your pet over once again.
There seems to be a display error on wild Lesser Hiryus as well, I checked about 5 of them, they all displayed as 3/5 on the animal lore gump, but after I tamed them, they changed down to 1/5 (which is what they spawn as on live shards now) with the occasional 2/5 if it has high spawning stats.

Personally, I don't like the idea of pets spawning with 1 less control slot if they have lower stats, because Most pets don't get 1501 imbuing points worth of stats difference with low/high spawning stat-rolls, the only exception to that I know of off hand is the Greater Dragon, simply because of the gap between min/max HP rolls on Greaters. It also seems to be the main problem with non-exploited pets being affected by the revert/penalty.

It would probably be for the best to just have all pets spawn with the minimum follower limit for example Nightmares spawn at 2-3/5 IMO they should all be 2/5 spawning. this way it'll be beneficial to actually farm for the highest stat-pet.
In addition, Greater Dragons if they all spawned at 4/5, they would be more competitive with other pets that can level several times.

Also, could you add a new category to the imbuing menu "Super Slayer" giving tamers the option to add Slayer bonus vs a specific group?

I mean, this would actually give a reason for people to increase their stable slots too, as they'd want to have a pet with a slayer for each encounter/group and all pets wouldn't have the same setup, because of slayer bonus/vulnerability to opposing slayers etc.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have never seen a 4 slot GD, DTH, Frost Dragon or Shadow Wyrm on Live shards.
I can tell you that 4-slot DTH are possible, you just got to hatch a lot of eggs. I saved up eggs, and never had a DTH at all until the publish. after hatching 4 eggs within a 10 minute period (the time it took to tame, then stable each, before hatching the next), I got 1 4-slotter out of the bunch.

I've started doing the rest of my eggs 2 at a time, to see if I can get a 4-slotter for my other tamer, or for friends.

Hatching the eggs in bulk is the way to go.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
upload_2017-7-25_14-6-25 (1).png

Call me OCD, but the lack of alphabetical or some other order in there is hurting my head, :p and there's more than a few big dungeons missing.

For the Desert Gypsy Camp, there's 2 of them... Perhaps it's time for some of the Ilshenar places to get an official name, if only so we can easily reference them. ;)

The Village of Lakeshire - "Lakeshire"
The Rat Fort - Ratman Village?
Reg Volom​
Twin Oaks Tavern​
The Oasis - decent way to access Ver Lor Reg, I guess
Blood Dungeon​
Cyclops Dungeon​
Exodus Dungeon​
The Kirin Passage - it's "Ki-Rin", not "Kirin"​
Pass of Karnaugh​
The Rat Cave - Ratman Mine?
Terort Skitas​
Twisted Weald​
Wisp Dungeon​
Gwenno's Memorial​
Desert Gypsy Camp - which one?

Looking over the list of places this can take you, here's my suggested list instead. You could make it multiple tabs, like the facet selector, one each for cities, dungeons, points of interest, and shrines. If we were again able to mark and recall in Ilshenar, this would be my minimal list of runes I'd personally be carrying for there:

(The * indicates that there's never been any good official or unofficial name for a place, and it'd be nice for them to get officially named...)

Cities, Towns, and Permanent Encampments
  1. Bandit Town* (512x546)
  2. Bet-Lem Reg (1249x955)
  3. East Desert Gypsy Camp* (the one at 1600x552)
  4. Lakeshire / Mireg
  5. Lizardman Village* (292x1356)
  6. Mistas (821x1060)
  7. Montor (1668x292)
  8. Northeast Gypsy Camp* (1388x428)
  9. Reg Volom (1362x1073)
  10. Savage Clan Settlement* (1238x733)
  11. Southwest Gypsy Camp* (1225x563)
  12. Undead Fort* (360x1140)
  13. West Desert Gypsy Camp* (the one at 1499x619)

Dungeons
  1. Ancient Citadel (1516x542)
  2. Ankh Dungeon (576x1156)
  3. Blood Dungeon (1747x1235)
  4. Cyclops Camp* (758x208) - from there, easy access to Cyclops Dungeon and the Cyclops' Pyramid
  5. Elemental Canyon (312x1442)
  6. Exodus Dungeon (832x783)
  7. Ki-rin Passage (349x1428)
  8. Meer Catacombs (1044x577)
  9. Pass of Karnaugh (1028x272)
  10. Ratman Villa* (645x817)
  11. Ratman Village* (1069x1151) - from there, easy access to Ratman Mine and the Ancient Wyrm's Lair
  12. Rock Dungeon (1788x569)
  13. Sorcerer's Dungeon (556x427)
  14. Spectre Dungeon (1363x1032)
  15. Spider Dungeon (1420x910)
  16. Void Dungeon (2264x1575) - perhaps this is the only one best left off the teleporter
  17. Volcanic Lair* (970x499)
  18. Wisp Dungeon (652x1301)
  19. Wyrm Mountain* (1414x317)

Points of Interest
  1. Lenmir Antifolas (1714x876)
  2. Memorial To Gwenno (753x493)
  3. Mushroom Caves (1457x1329) - from there, easy access to the Twisted Weald
  4. Smuggler's Cove* (859x897) - this one's tiny and has never been accessible, it just would be really cool/fun to have some way to get there :D
  5. Terort Skitas (580x420) - a bit redundant to the Sorcerer's Dungeon, but for the sake of completeness
  6. The Deuce's Vinculum Inn (665x665)
  7. The Oasis (993x620)
  8. Twin Oaks Tavern (1566x1049) - from there, easy access to the Abandoned Building and the Harpy Nest

Shrines
  1. Chaos (1749x234)
  2. Compassion (1210x477)
  3. Honesty (719x1351)
  4. Honor (748x731)
  5. Humility (287x1013)
  6. Justice (985x1005)
  7. Sacrifice (1171x1288)
  8. Spirituality (1526x1340)
  9. Valor (529x212)
  10. Healing Temple (1093x955)
  11. Shrine of The Virtues (1106x404)

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Bleak @Kyronix

Is one of these the Rock Dungeon/NE Dungeon east of the Desert Gypsies, or did you leave some of the dungeons off the list? LA just had an EM event take place in that dungeon.

Also missing is the Ankh/Central dungeon, though access to it is somewhat covered by Elemental Canyon and Ki-Rin Passage (and Serpentine dragon area, which some mapmakers have alternately considered part of or separate from the Ankh dungeon in the past, based on UO Automap files), which are connected to two of the FOUR entrances/exits. The two that are actually out in the open (The tower by the swamp, and the ruins SE of the rats) are not represented at all.

All while the Cyclops/Wisp dungeon complex (in reality ONE dungeon), has two spots on the jawbone.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@BrianFreud

Of your list, you can already access the 9 Ilshenar moongate/shrine areas using a normal crystal teleporter. The only one with any real separation between the moongate and shrine is Chaos.

The Shrine of the virtues is a special case, and I think a lot of people have even forgotten it exists.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@BrianFreud

Of your list, you can already access the 9 Ilshenar moongate/shrine areas using a normal crystal teleporter. The only one with any real separation between the moongate and shrine is Chaos.

The Shrine of the virtues is a special case, and I think a lot of people have even forgotten it exists.
True enough, but if this is the Ilshenar version of the crystal portals, I figure it'd be better to have them also on there. ...and I think your comment on the Shrine of the Virtues is perhaps sadly too true of much of Ilshenar's content. :/

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would probably be for the best to just have all pets spawn with the minimum follower limit for example Nightmares spawn at 2-3/5 IMO they should all be 2/5 spawning. this way it'll be beneficial to actually farm for the highest stat-pet.
This is how it should be been at the beginning. It only makes sense.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally would like to see the term "Shrine" added to the regular crystal portals, so that you could go to Shrines, not just moongates and banks across the facets. There's been plenty of times where I wanted to go to Justice, Honor or Sacrifice areas for a T-map (for that matter, the Isamu shrine as a shortcut to the Sleeping dragon, so that I could show the others where an ankh was for self-res if things went bad), and couldn't find my Shrine runebooks. I can see RP reasons for them not to be (the purposes of many shrines involved the pilgrimage to them), but it sure would be nice to have them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Rock Dungeon was always a favorite of mine and I see it's been left out... :sad3:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition, Greater Dragons if they all spawned at 4/5, they would be more competitive with other pets that can level several times.
@CovenantX deserves an award for post of the year, @Bleak please read what he says here specifically, as he is talking complete sense. I mean, currently we're looking for the worst pet, but not the total worse, but not good, it's dumb. He has COMPLETELY fixed pets with a very simple and very easy to impliment suggestion that really simplifies the system too.

This is the E=MC2 post that was right under all of our noses but we couldn't quite see it, we all knew something was wrong but couldn't put our finger on the solution. He has completely done it with such an easy to impliment fix.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Bleak

Tonight fresh TC copy at 5:30 eastern, I trained a legacy Nightmare (tamed 1998-2001, i have about 7-8 of these) on TC, started as 2 slot, trained to 5 without issue. Stabled and unstabled no problem. Logged off. When I logged back in at 9:30 pm server time she was reverted back to a 3 slot. Pet follower count was 5 until stabled. This has happened every time I have attempted to train these ultra legacy nightmares on test center.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@CovenantX deserves an award for post of the year, @Bleak please read what he says here specifically, as he is talking complete sense. I mean, currently we're looking for the worst pet, but not the total worse, but not good, it's dumb. He has COMPLETELY fixed pets with a very simple and very easy to impliment suggestion that really simplifies the system too.

This is the E=MC2 post that was right under all of our noses but we couldn't quite see it, we all knew something was wrong but couldn't put our finger on the solution. He has completely done it with such an easy to impliment fix.
Yes but he needs to reduce the following pets by one slot also. Ram, Skree (three slots should be 2), Dread spider, Ki rin, unicorn, Tsuki wolf, shadow wyrm, Raptor, and others I can think of because nobody uses them.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the little mini bosses and stuff added in the blood dungeon, I would like a statue of the jack in the box and the snowman (actual size).

My problem with it is its temporary, why are we adding stuff like this just for little events and not on a permanent basis. The game needs new content that doesn't go away. Keep what they did permanently to the dungeon and just add in a some new rewards like 200 drops lets you choose mark of travesty or something. LIttle permanent add-ons like that would make the game so much better. Right now its like go spawn or do the roof, boring!

GIVE US MORE PERMANENT CONTENT PLS

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
View attachment 69671

Call me OCD, but the lack of alphabetical or some other order in there is hurting my head, :p and there's more than a few big dungeons missing.

For the Desert Gypsy Camp, there's 2 of them... Perhaps it's time for some of the Ilshenar places to get an official name, if only so we can easily reference them. ;)

The Village of Lakeshire - "Lakeshire"
The Rat Fort - Ratman Village?
Reg Volom
Twin Oaks Tavern
The Oasis - decent way to access Ver Lor Reg, I guess
Blood Dungeon
Cyclops Dungeon
Exodus Dungeon
The Kirin Passage - it's "Ki-Rin", not "Kirin"
Pass of Karnaugh
The Rat Cave - Ratman Mine?
Terort Skitas
Twisted Weald
Wisp Dungeon
Gwenno's Memorial
Desert Gypsy Camp - which one?

Looking over the list of places this can take you, here's my suggested list instead. You could make it multiple tabs, like the facet selector, one each for cities, dungeons, points of interest, and shrines. If we were again able to mark and recall in Ilshenar, this would be my minimal list of runes I'd personally be carrying for there:

(The * indicates that there's never been any good official or unofficial name for a place, and it'd be nice for them to get officially named...)

Cities, Towns, and Permanent Encampments
  1. Bandit Town* (512x546)
  2. Bet-Lem Reg (1249x955)
  3. East Desert Gypsy Camp* (the one at 1600x552)
  4. Lakeshire / Mireg
  5. Lizardman Village* (292x1356)
  6. Mistas (821x1060)
  7. Montor (1668x292)
  8. Northeast Gypsy Camp* (1388x428)
  9. Reg Volom (1362x1073)
  10. Savage Clan Settlement* (1238x733)
  11. Southwest Gypsy Camp* (1225x563)
  12. Undead Fort* (360x1140)
  13. West Desert Gypsy Camp* (the one at 1499x619)

Dungeons
  1. Ancient Citadel (1516x542)
  2. Ankh Dungeon (576x1156)
  3. Blood Dungeon (1747x1235)
  4. Cyclops Camp* (758x208) - from there, easy access to Cyclops Dungeon and the Cyclops' Pyramid
  5. Elemental Canyon (312x1442)
  6. Exodus Dungeon (832x783)
  7. Ki-rin Passage (349x1428)
  8. Meer Catacombs (1044x577)
  9. Pass of Karnaugh (1028x272)
  10. Ratman Villa* (645x817)
  11. Ratman Village* (1069x1151) - from there, easy access to Ratman Mine and the Ancient Wyrm's Lair
  12. Rock Dungeon (1788x569)
  13. Sorcerer's Dungeon (556x427)
  14. Spectre Dungeon (1363x1032)
  15. Spider Dungeon (1420x910)
  16. Void Dungeon (2264x1575) - perhaps this is the only one best left off the teleporter
  17. Volcanic Lair* (970x499)
  18. Wisp Dungeon (652x1301)
  19. Wyrm Mountain* (1414x317)

Points of Interest
  1. Lenmir Antifolas (1714x876)
  2. Memorial To Gwenno (753x493)
  3. Mushroom Caves (1457x1329) - from there, easy access to the Twisted Weald
  4. Smuggler's Cove* (859x897) - this one's tiny and has never been accessible, it just would be really cool/fun to have some way to get there :D
  5. Terort Skitas (580x420) - a bit redundant to the Sorcerer's Dungeon, but for the sake of completeness
  6. The Deuce's Vinculum Inn (665x665)
  7. The Oasis (993x620)
  8. Twin Oaks Tavern (1566x1049) - from there, easy access to the Abandoned Building and the Harpy Nest

Shrines
  1. Chaos (1749x234)
  2. Compassion (1210x477)
  3. Honesty (719x1351)
  4. Honor (748x731)
  5. Humility (287x1013)
  6. Justice (985x1005)
  7. Sacrifice (1171x1288)
  8. Spirituality (1526x1340)
  9. Valor (529x212)
  10. Healing Temple (1093x955)
  11. Shrine of The Virtues (1106x404)
if they do that, why not just make recalls feasible?! sheesh...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
200_s.gif

I know its part of the arc.. as I already know way, way too much... :eyes:

But this is too early! (and literally, it appeared on GL tonight. Several of us were at the stables earlier today and it wasn't there...)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the little mini bosses and stuff added in the blood dungeon, I would like a statue of the jack in the box and the snowman (actual size).

My problem with it is its temporary, why are we adding stuff like this just for little events and not on a permanent basis. The game needs new content that doesn't go away. Keep what they did permanently to the dungeon and just add in a some new rewards like 200 drops lets you choose mark of travesty or something. LIttle permanent add-ons like that would make the game so much better. Right now its like go spawn or do the roof, boring!

Absolutly agreed and fat underlined! And I personally hope, that there's a littlle change to complete my tribal banner collection that came out last year with the Kotl Minor Arties.
Plz @Mesanna think about this. Would be a pleasure to many of us to see Treasures of Tokuno, Treasures of Doom, Kotl Treasures and many more little fun events coming back and remain permantly.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 69686

I know its part of the arc.. as I already know way, way too much... :eyes:

But this is too early! (and literally, it appeared on GL tonight. Several of us were at the stables earlier today and it wasn't there...)
That's what you get when you go snooping in the art & cliloc files!

While not ideal, world building alterations are client changes so as soon as you update you'll see them.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
That's what you get when you go snooping in the art & cliloc files!

While not ideal, world building alterations are client changes so as soon as you update you'll see them.
I don't think these would be too spoilerish... "Behi" and "in-ten" don't appear in the gargish dictionary. Any chance you could provide a translation for those two words of power? (While you're at it, "anh", "gra", "ko", "mi", "pas", "sah", and "sar" also have been previously used, but also aren't in the dictionary, if you'd be able to give a translation for any of those...)

Thanks!
Brian

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think these would be too spoilerish... "Behi" and "in-ten" don't appear in the gargish dictionary. Any chance you could provide a translation for those two words of power? (While you're at it, "anh", "gra", "ko", "mi", "pas", "sah", and "sar" also have been previously used, but also aren't in the dictionary, if you'd be able to give a translation for any of those...)

Thanks!
Brian
In-ten means maintain

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak This is what I read: "Consume Damage is now capped on pets at 45 HCI and 30 HPR." I take that to mean the "cap" is indeed 30 HPR. OK, so I went (on Test) to kill an ancient wyrm, and then some trogs, along with grobu and lurg. With a pet that I "trained" to 20 HPR. My HPR with consume damage on was 50, not 30. SO, should the post actually read "Consume Damage is now capped on pets at 45 HCI and 30 HPR. ON TOP OF PETS ACTUAL HPR". That is a completely different meaning. STILL WAY TOO MUCH OF A NERF, but not AS bad as a "hard cap" of 30 HPR TOTAL. BIG difference! Please let us know. Thanks.
It should not have been nerfed at all. It consumes enough mana as to make any other spell casting unsustainable, so it's a big trade off. You nerf it, and it will join the ranks of taste ID and camping, since there are better options for less mana out there.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes but he needs to reduce the following pets by one slot also. Ram, Skree (three slots should be 2), Dread spider, Ki rin, unicorn, Tsuki wolf, shadow wyrm, Raptor, and others I can think of because nobody uses them.
Dire wolf and hell hound should both be one slot. Please. :(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Hell hounds and Dire Wolves really should be 1/4, rather than the 2/4 they currently are. Hell hounds are one of few pets that could actually benefit from necro, but being 2 slots when wild makes them seriously, seriously underpowered 4 slot pets. Dire wolves are even worse. I know no one gives a rats ass about mid range max pets but... Please, my dude. :(

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I agree with those slot reductions. As far as pack instincts goes, the lowest creature I have found is 2 slot. Heck as far as I can tell imp is the only thing with daemon instincts and from memory it's base 3 slot now. Defeated purpose of adding "as one" with the patch

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Take out Tsuki wolf + Unicorn.

From the looks of it you love Unicorns but rest assured the devs will not buff this pet ;p Nightmare would be out of a job if everyone rolled female toon.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Bleak @Kyronix

if i may add 1 thing.

The token can be used to redeem one of the following,
  • Confetti Cannon, fires a confetti bomb into the air when used.
  • Platinum Dragon Statue, animates when used and is engraved with 1 of 30 different events throughout Britannia’s history.
  • Codex of Virtue Deed
  • Ultima Banner Deed
  • Scroll of Alacrity Book
  • Scroll of Transcendence Book
  • Powerscroll Book
  • Sands of Sosaria, updated with Earth Years 2013-2016
  • Ask and Answer Ball
  • Sweet 16 Anniversary Pony Mount
  • Display Case (South)
  • Display Case (East)
  • White Leather Dyetub
  • Harpsichord Deed
  • Shadow Token
  • Crystal Token
that list of stuff you can get off the 20th anv token is missing 1 thing...... SOUL STONE FRAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Perm Content is the best content IMO. Things like the solen hive and it quest (I admit I am biased there) but the quest give static rewards that guaranteed and useful BOS and POT are two items used by virtually everyone and everyone at some point either gets their own or pays someone else to get them and a side bonus is the random pet summoning ball drop. Throw in the Ant Lions and the various container bones they drop. Then the Rare colored seed quest, that I see people running day in and day out. The worker ants are about the best melee training critter for low level characters and the overland warriors and queens that don't spit acid are great for taking combat skills up to 110 and farming a good amount of gold, zoogies and gems in the process. Toss in the hive is a great place to mine with a fire beetle under the new pet system...... Particularly on the fel side where you never see another person in the hive for months or years. LOL think the last time I saw someone in the hive in fel was 2002 or 2003.

Anyway point is that content was put in A LONG LONG time ago and is still regularly used to this day by many people. Because it is static, consistent and does not take a day of prep to engage in it and enjoy it. You can grind it for profit or you can casually do it and get the reward and when your bag is saturated go back and do it again. LOL I would love to see a little super queen mini champ put in the secret chamber nothing epic hard but hard enough to challenge the casual solo player. But as it is even you don't like doing the ant content at some point you do or pay someone who does enjoy doing it, every time you use a pet ball, bag of sending or recharge a pet ball or BOS or use one of the Orange, black or white natural dyes, or deco with one of the plants .

That is the kind of broad spectrum interactive content that we need to keep people engaged. And more of it. And rewards like the BOS and POT that wear out and are consumed in a reasonable amount of time and need to be replaced either by farming it or paying someone else.

A whole lot of old dungeons could benefit from some lower end good reward static perm content. The Orc Mine comes to mind as a perfect place to put some quest type stuff with a static reward. About all it is used for now are scrip miners recalling all over the mine wearing a orc mask tram side. And dummies like me that lure the little orcs to the L3 entrance and recall back to the brutes so they insta respawn and farm show iron from them. Toss a mini boss in one of chambers off of the central L3 chamber with a decent set of drops, not roof level drops but something worthwhile for the casual or not high end player.

Seriously I have just stopped doing most of the stuff you have to get keys for and that take a big time sink for a very small chance at obtaining anything worthwhile. The roof was fun the first dozen times and got real old and after that, the abyss bosses not so bad but the micro chance at a drop really is not worth the time. Doom is still interesting, ML bosses yeah I will leave them for folks that like collecting keys. Champ spawns are fun occasionally but it is the same people that raid and the same PvMs that get slaughtered if you see anyone else there at all.

ToT should never have been turned off just the drop rate of the turn in junk slowed down. The tokuno islands are empty other than people beating on shadow else with pets in the mine, the dungeon thieves running the dojo and occasionally someone down in the balron of the dojo working fame, karma and honor. TOT at even a reduced drop rate would keep some people hunting there. Same with Doom. Same with KOTL. I will never understand the thinking behind putting stuff in that people really like and enjoy doing but only for a limited time, so that if you want the drops you have 4-6 weeks to farm it nonstop and get burned out on. Where if its perm you can bounce around from thing to thing and it would all hold folks attention for a long time instead of burning them out on it for the short term.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Take out Tsuki wolf + Unicorn.

From the looks of it you love Unicorns but rest assured the devs will not buff this pet ;p Nightmare would be out of a job if everyone rolled female toon.
Leave Tsuki wolf in. They end up solid, but weak. One more round would bring them into the "great pets" category.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak @Kyronix

if i may add 1 thing.

that list of stuff you can get off the 20th anv token is missing 1 thing...... SOUL STONE FRAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I doubt they will ever add those again since you can now buy a soulstone from their cash shop. :(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And where is the Anniversary cake??
.....i think because it's a special Anniversary we should all get Anniversary Cinnamon Rolls. ;)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Hell hounds and Dire Wolves really should be 1/4, rather than the 2/4 they currently are. Hell hounds are one of few pets that could actually benefit from necro, but being 2 slots when wild makes them seriously, seriously underpowered 4 slot pets. Dire wolves are even worse. I know no one gives a rats ass about mid range max pets but... Please, my dude. :(
Initial pet slots are not arbitrarily picked as they were in the past, their initial slot count is calculated based on their real attributes and how that compares to all other creatures in the bestiary.