• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98 Comes to TC1

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The greatest 20th anniversary gift for me, would be some bug fixes,

Their list of items added is larger than the list of bug fixes, which we all know, means they'll introduce more bugs.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
  • Sweet 16 Anniversary Pony Mount Interesting??? If it's different then the other one...of which we all have TONS!
I just checked; it's the same old 16th anniv horse.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Merlin Your other request (there's a clicky on test)
View attachment 69582

when clicked the ale pours from the barrel into the glass - a filled glass appears in your pack

btw when I checked the WW I was standing between Bleak & Kyronix, so I knew the publish was live on test.
Thank you Petra! You did all the work for me :p

I will be double checking with my own pets soon though. If I notice any changes to stats/skills/etc., I will be sure to post up.

^^^^^

Folks, need to check this out if you haven't already. :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
cannon.jpg

Confetti Cannon!

It's cute! :)

Test down right now to fix Char Copy....HURRY BLEAK HURRY!

SAME 16th Anny Horse?? WHAT???

Kyronix....can you pretty please make the 20th Anny horses different???? PLEASE???

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Kyronix

Oddly, I'm not seeing any spawn in the Sorcerer's Dungeon. I'm also wondering what effect might happen to the "Plans to a Salvager Suit" part of the Exploring the Deep quest if all normal spawn is turned off in there.

Also, I'm just curious... since this is Ilshenar, can the Pumpkin King or his minions spawn as paragons?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Advanced Pet Training Process: Pet slots are no longer adjusted by the pet training process. Pet slots are only adjusted when tamed

@Kyronix This makes no sense. The training process should be the way the slots are adjusted. We don't tame the pets over and over to adjust the slots.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Advanced Pet Training Process: Pet slots are no longer adjusted by the pet training process. Pet slots are only adjusted when tamed

@Kyronix This makes no sense. The training process should be the way the slots are adjusted. We don't tame the pets over and over to adjust the slots.
This fix applies to pets jumping slots when starting the training process. Advanced Pet Training Process will only adjust the pet slot by 1 when applying training going forward.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

So I have a natural 2 slot Frost Mite that I leveled all the way to 5 slots (without it jumping any slots). It was never released/retamed, and nothing else was exploited about this pet. When I copied to TC this pet has reverted from 5 slots, down to 3 slots. It kept its skill caps that were increased by scrolls, but the rest of its stats were reset. I re-leveled it on TC and I cannot re-level him with the exact same spec. He has 100 HP less and over 800 mana less, as well as a little less stamina regen.

Why are non-exploited naturally low slot pets being caught up in the exploited pet revert? It seems like your method for detecting exploited pets has some false positives. This is apparently happening to natural 2-slot nightmares as well.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So after this publish Cu/Lion/sabretooth/reptalon etc are forced to keep their default skills? on top of that i've found out Bladeweave isn't adding ninjitsu/bushido skill.
I also heard that more HP = more damage from a pet which i believe is a good change, I hope it balances out horrible fact that some of these great pets have dragon breath forced upon them!

As a result of forced skills on pets, tell me why the giant beetle/fire beetle/Lesser Hiryuu/Najasauras should remain far and away the best PvM pets? Lesser hiryuu especially, a mountable pet that can learn any magic ability with incredible stats for the slot requirement. The main issue is that the Lesser has no ability weighing it down ie the Cu Sidhe is repeatively trying to bleed the enemy until it is bleeding, sapping it's mana and other pets have this problem too.

If the Bladeweave changes go through you've just buffed Tokuno pets massively, if you don't have a pet from Tokuno you are nerfed! On top of that the Tssuki wolf is far and away the best creature with necromancy, the ram will be nerfed after this patch.

I really want variety, you might as well go back to the greater dragon ages if you can't attend to these problems, furthermore increase the chance of greater dragon 4 slot and enable 4 slot shadow wyrm!

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At a 30sec cooldown for pet pvp, no one is gonna use more then one special move and casting school. I think that's a bit too high, maybe more like 15 secs would be ideal.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • News from the bunker test area:
Confetti Cannon vanishes if all charges are used up.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The Sorcerer's Dungeon Adventure is FUN! Gotta go around each room, kill spawn to get the mini-boss..kill that to advance to the next room.

Kyronix said we were about half-way through..will post screenies when complete...it's FUN!

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. I tamed it myself on Europa mid May, it had 304hp, 280str, 125dex, 125int, 62/32/34/32/29 in resists and was 2-slots before training. I copied it to TC and did 3 rounds of training. Today it reset to some random stats and random resists and now 3-slots.
I traded it to @Bleak for detailed inspection.

EDIT: last stats it had before p98 is 516hp, 645str,150dex,700int, 80/75/70/70/70 and all 120 skill caps and some regens
The issue that flagged this specific pet and other pets that spawn at different slot levels has been resolved with the latest update to TC1.

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. I tamed it myself on Europa mid May, it had 304hp, 280str, 125dex, 125int, 62/32/34/32/29 in resists and was 2-slots before training. I copied it to TC and did 3 rounds of training. Today it reset to some random stats and random resists and now 3-slots.
Are you sure it was not tamed before? I tamed a cu sidhe that was in the cave area. So it was tamed and released in that area (I assume once). Now on test its stats are reset and back to 3 slots from fully trained. Since the resists reset its no good. That said, my prepatch cu sidhe was fine.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ale table is great! The look of it is!
I tried to trick or treat and went in the gate but cannot seem to do it. No target when I say the words. I cannot find pumpkins to kill in the fields.
Wish the pony was different than 16th anni.

Ok thing is most of the choices for 20th anni gifts are old items most of us have bazillions of already. It is true. Not being ungrateful just saying... oh the dragon is really pretty too.

Where would the castle building tool be?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you tame that 2 slot mare yourself?

There were quite a few mares sold that were exploited by the bug. If you purchased any two slot mare since the pet training hit I would be nervous about it being an exploited one.
I tamed a 2 slot nightmare after farming them for about an hour in ilshenar. I bonded it and then it jumped to a 3 slot mare after it's first round of training. Same as the najasurus I bonded, went from 2 slot to 3. Not everyone who had a 2 slot is a cheat or exploiter.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well I new better then to buy pets off these tamers. Pretty sure I wasted a few hundred mil. I wish you could get our gold back lol. My fault I have been taming long before this patch and as I tried to farm some of the lower slot pets I was amazed at not being able to spawn one. Weak minded I purchased..... walks in the stables pulls out old trusty 4.6 GD. "Come old friend I know where you came from." "I hope you have enjoyed your rest now lets go tear through Sosaria with your fury"......Taming is no different now with all these nerfs then when it was pre pub. Def not knocking the PVP crowd but i did go to the event the other night and did not see any tamers that held a torch to some of the other templates. Though im sure that the tamers did kill a couple in fel over last few months I dont think they were killing the more elite level players. I have been spending time in fel. Yes my gear is pretty solid, My pets are all trained. Yet ina 1 v 1 i have only survived a few encounters and won even fewer. I tried my mystic, chiv, and weaver cus other night. I died my pet died or just stopd there. So I went and got my mage dismount AI mare and still didnt kill anyone. Had fun but I still do not understand why the pets are getting such a HUGE nerf. I mean really the template has barely been truely viable since phoenix dex nerf that happened right after the pub. I could see when people had 2 cus in tow yes but that was clearly an exploit. @Kyronix did any of the devs check out the event the other night and get a better guage on the ground or are these nerfs just coming from what people want you too see? How is balance tested from the devs, are you able to just log in and watch? None of this is a rant I will say for record most have forgotten more of PVP then I have yet to learn. I do play in fel and dont mind dieing. I dont see any nerf on somes ability to show up to spawns at very last skill before champ spawns. I have done alot of them. I can give you numbers of when encounters happen and where. I understand chance and all that. It amazes me that i can run spawns all day levels 1-3, and even 4 until that last skull is up. Coincedence maybe.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Lmfao. They're bringing back the old Necro regs (before AoS) such as Blackmoore and Executioner's Cap. I still have 300+ Blackmoore from killing Lich Lords before AoS.
Those two still spawn, if I recall correctly... though I don't recall where.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I tamed a 2 slot nightmare after farming them for about an hour in ilshenar. I bonded it and then it jumped to a 3 slot mare after it's first round of training. Same as the najasurus I bonded, went from 2 slot to 3. Not everyone who had a 2 slot is a cheat or exploiter.
Yeah.. I know. Did not intend to imply that.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
SO I take back what I said about the 20th anny tokens....Kyronix explained it well...you know how people hold on to things forever just in case someone needs it? Or a new or returning player sees something and they want it but it's from years ago and not available anymore?

Well here's the chance for people to get some of the cool older gifts that they might not have been around to get the first time...so I think re-cycling some of the older things that are interesting is a good idea..thanks for that explanation Kyronix, makes perfect sense to me now!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
SO I take back what I said about the 20th anny tokens....Kyronix explained it well...you know how people hold on to things forever just in case someone needs it? Or a new or returning player sees something and they want it but it's from years ago and not available anymore?
Personally I am gonna be x-shard trading/buying all the tokens I can for all of the Plat Drag statues ;)

30 of them right?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Personally I am gonna be x-shard trading/buying all the tokens I can for all of the Plat Drag statues ;)

30 of them right?
Yep 30 different events throughout history...I can't WAIT!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Say what ya will about the Devs not caring.. but that just ain't right.. 9pm at night and Kyronix getting feedback on Halloween content.. (9:25 and he is still here)

View attachment 69606
I noticed this too by looking at the timestamps of his forum posts over the last year or so each time he posted. There are a surprisingly large amount of them from odd times like 2 Am, 5 Am, etc.

He is clearly extremely dedicated to UO for being willing to do work related things so far into his own personal time, which is awesome to see :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks for those lore pics @Larisa; I've gone ahead and added those new mobs to the wiki. :)

If anyone wants to help add lore info or other info for those (or any other new mobs), please do! :D

Abominable Snowman
Headless Elf
Jack in the Box
Jack the Pumpkin King
Nightmare Fairy

@Kyronix, if I can, a question and a request... :)

First, we know how "paragon" affects mob's stats. But what I couldn't find anywhere is, does a mob being a paragon also affect its skills, and if so, can you say how?

Second, human bodytype mobiles were originally designed as unloreable, I guess to avoid folks looking at others' stats/skills. Elf bodytypes and Gargoyle bodtypes have also been set as unloreable for consistency. But now that can be seen via myuo... for players. There originally weren't many, if any, non-player mobs that used the human bodytype. But today, those 6 bodytypes being unloreable means that 24+ types of mobs - including this event's Jack the Pumpkin King - can't be lored at all. Can you look at perhaps removing that restriction, or if that's not possible, could you consider letting us know the lore-info #s and such for those unloreable mobs? The mobs I know of that aren't loreable are:

• Archer (captain)
  • Assassin (captain)
  • Bard (captain)
  • Burning
  • Champion
  • Crazed
  • Demonic Jailor
  • Dread Pirate
  • Ensorcelled Armor
  • Fencer (captain)
  • Golem Controller
  • Jack the Pumpkin King
  • Macer (captain)
  • Mercutio The Unsavory
  • Mystic (captain)
  • Necromancer (captain)
  • Poacher
  • Rogue (captain)
  • Ronin
  • Squire
  • Swordsman (captain)
  • Trappers
  • Tyball's Shadow
  • Wizard (captain)
(plus the Crystal Wisp, all ethys, and Ensorcelled Armor)

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And nothing about adding new materials to the High Seas, those 10 extra key strokes to add to the code are so time consuming I know. Thanks for nothing. Is it true that Pub 99 will make it so pets literally drop dead at the feet of pvprs on-sight ?
The PvPers want no challenges. The devs nerf anything that gives them an owie.

This should seal the deal. Power Scrolls need to spawn in Trammel. PvP is a joke.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I noticed this too by looking at the timestamps of his forum posts over the last year or so each time he posted. There are a surprisingly large amount of them from odd times like 2 Am, 5 Am, etc.

He is clearly extremely dedicated to UO for being willing to do work related things so far into his own personal time, which is awesome to see :)
Definitely not the "I am off the clock do not bother me with business" type crowd. Heck, I have that mentality and I run my own business lol.. so extremely dedicated applies for sure.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Say what ya will about the Devs not caring.. but that just ain't right.. 9pm at night and Kyronix getting feedback on Halloween content.. (9:25 and he is still here)

View attachment 69606
Weren't they going to use the Kotl City fpr the Halloween event? Or did they use it and change it?

I'm away from my PC till Sunday. The beach is nice.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Weren't they going to use the Kotl City fpr the Halloween event? Or did they use it and change it?
I dunno about that. Just know it's in Sorc Dungeon in Ilsh. Kinda like it there, gives things a chance to be para.

I'm away from my PC till Sunday. The beach is nice.
Well sir.. that settles it.. onna beach and checking boards .. you a UO Addict :D

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do the Kotl points we had apply to that? Maybe I am thinking of them saying they will turn Kotl on again for a different event and the points will work for that.