• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SUPERNOVA NERF POLL

Should Supernova potions now activate with a one second delay at the use location?

• Total voters

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not sure what your point is?

I have seen mystic alchys. I have played one. It is fun to have two finishing moves on one template. But that was not my question. I said if a nova made a noise when hit (so you could react), then go off 1 second later (where the user is standing)- you should not have a problem with it because then it is not instant. Correct?
I wouldn't have a problem with that. -it would certainly be better than them being instant for the same damage 20-27, as they are on current live shards.

However, it doesn't balance alchemy with scribe or other skills with the same or more investment. because even with 1 second delay, alchemists would beable to carry the nova's explosion ~5-8 steps (one seconds worth of steps).

Scribe needs to be as equally valuable as alchemy is. same with poisoning. (at least much closer to balanced than they are currently).

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seeing has how 50% of the PvP playerbase is banned from stratics, and we're still leaning towards NO.. I'd say this is open and shut.
And how is this relevant?
Let´s pretend for a second that it´s true and they got to vote. None of us would know how they would vote. Of course, you can claim you´d know but you wouldn´t.
And for every banned No-sayer there could be two banned Yes-sayers...

I checked the "Yes" list and I can identify some of them as people who only play siege and don't pvp or use novas.
And you know this how?
Do you follow them around all day everyday? Of course not. So how would you know how they spend their time ingame? You don´t.
You don´t even play Siege. And no, having a character there is NOT playing Siege.

And to the OP. Why would you start a public poll on UHall only to then complain over how people vote? *shakes head*

My point here is, let people vote how they want to vote. No one has to justify their vote.
Can´t accept the outcome? Then don´t start a poll.
And don´t try and speak for other people. You get one vote, that´s it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The vote is in his favor.
and fresh accounts can vote, non pvpers can vote (non-pvpers look to be voting on both sides) Also, the poll is directed at the specific adjustment to novas that was on TC1 with the most recent updates.

If the poll said "Do novas need a nerf? yes/no" instead of "Do novas need this specific nerf? yes/no" it would probably be more evened out.

Although, since this is stratics. and people are able to have multiple accounts (I'm not accusing anyone), some people can vote twice if they should feel the need to do so. (thus the poll can and may already be flawed.)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see 76 pvpers or players that are truly affected by super nova's... There isn't a total of 76 pvpers left in this game. As you would say... *Smiles*
I would think that much is obvious. But that doesn't mean they aren't reading the threads about it. They're also paying attention to how people are acting in the threads discussing the changes, which will certainly influence their decision.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and fresh accounts can vote, non pvpers can vote (non-pvpers look to be voting on both sides) Also, the poll is directed at the specific adjustment to novas that was on TC1 with the most recent updates.

If the poll said "Do novas need a nerf? yes/no" instead of "Do novas need this specific nerf? yes/no" it would probably be more evened out.

Although, since this is stratics. and people are able to have multiple accounts (I'm not accusing anyone), some people can vote twice if they should feel the need to do so. (thus the poll can and may already be flawed.)
If the votes are the way someone wants it to go- its a legit poll. If not the numbers are skewed.

But, I agree. Because I would have voted yes to some sort of a nerf to novas. I am losing patience with them revamping the changes daily. I am sure it shows in my posts.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But, I agree. Because I would have voted yes to some sort of a nerf to novas. I am losing patience with them revamping the changes daily. I am sure it shows in my posts.
I knew you'd agree with it, because you flat out said, you think they should be nerfed.

Yes, they're changing things too fast, and novas probably could use something more reasonable... there's not enough people testing anything before giving feedback, but also, I understand some of us, can just read the notes listed (if the notes are correct) and we'd know what's wrong with them without even testing the changes.

I voted Yes, simply because they cannot stay the way they are. -any nerf is better than no nerf (IMO).

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Oddly enough, I have not voted. I have never considered using novas, until now.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Lets not forget that you cant use alchemy to craft supernovas, they are a VVV item only. So why does supernova potion even get a buff from alchemy in the first place? Every other potion in the game is crafted by alchemists which makes sense that they get benefits from it. Just more reason why its OP.
So because you don't craft it with alchemy, means it's OP? It's pretty obvious that you don't know the first thing about "PvP" balance. We're talking about pvp balance, not "Crafting" balance lol. No one cares if you can actually craft novas. It's a potion. Alchemy increases it's damage. If you can't understand why, you need to go back to elementary school and start over, because they failed you the first time.

Lets face another fact, all the so called "real pvpers" only play the best cookie cutter damage template which is what is OP at the current time. Which means that all of you are using alchemy for a reason, and that's cause its OP. Pretty simple.
Again, just because people play something, does not make it OP. It's not the rest of UO's fault that you played a mystic mage without potions until the year 2015.

LOLOL at running away to avoid a supernova being a game mechanic. Its funny watching you guys grasp for straws as to why it should remain OP just for your small group of people who apparently cant get kill shots without it
That's a hard case to make when I beat you in a duel... naked. I am one of the best mage 1v1'ers to ever play this game, quite possibly the best. If I say it's hard to kill good players on a mage without novas, it's hard to kill good players on a mage without novas.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Why has nobody complained about novas for the past six years?
Because people don't know how to fix the game, so they're just arguing whatever ****ing topic the headless chicken falls on.

The fact that this community's number one focus right now is nerfing novas just shows how ****ing clueless everyone is. What a bunch of morons. I'm really considering giving up on this dumb **** community.

I'm seriously about 10 re-tarded posts from writing Messanna an email asking her if I could choose the pvp game mechanic agenda, and if she says no, just ditching this **** hole for good. I could SO EASILY revive pvp (not to it's former glory, but at least make it fun for returning vets). These guys have NO CLUE what they're doing. They haven't considered a single one of the suggestions I made months ago. They think they can just nerf their way to happiness, when they aren't addressing the core problems with other templates. It's like having a huge, infected, gaping wound and thinking a bandaid is going to make it better- even though the bandaid doesn't even have any adhesive on it. Clueless. Really.

If they would just give me a CHANCE. Just let me TRY my suggestions on Test Center. I will make it ****ing work. But that's obviously not going to happen, because they haven't implemented a single one of my ideas, so they must think I'm as clueless as they are.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So because you don't craft it with alchemy, means it's OP? It's pretty obvious that you don't know the first thing about "PvP" balance. We're talking about pvp balance, not "Crafting" balance lol. No one cares if you can actually craft novas. It's a potion. Alchemy increases it's damage. If you can't understand why, you need to go back to elementary school and start over, because they failed you the first time.
The point he was making is: It's not a craft-able potion, why should it gain bonus from alchemy....VvV reward = VvV participants should be able to use it equally across the board (not just alchemists). if not, tone down, or remove them.

"That elementary school comment though... tisk tisk."

Again, just because people play something, does not make it OP. It's not the rest of UO's fault that you played a mystic mage without potions until the year 2015.
just because everyone plays an archer doesn't make archery OP, right? (same category alchemy is in Alchemy is only on the templates that have room for an extra skill though =X).

That's a hard case to make when I beat you in a duel... naked. I am one of the best mage 1v1'ers to ever play this game, quite possibly the best. If I say it's hard to kill good players on a mage without novas, it's hard to kill good players on a mage without novas.
mk, Why didn't you use your mage when fighting Aeyko in the arena, wouldn't it have been an easy 1-bil? (ego check)

What exactly makes someone "good" hard to kill with novas? (I know what you're going to say) and with your answer, I'm going to ask you, what about that, makes them good?

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The point he was making is: It's not a craft-able potion, why should it gain bonus from alchemy....VvV reward = VvV participants should be able to use it equally across the board (not just alchemists). if not, tone down, or remove them.

"That elementary school comment though... tisk tisk."

just because everyone plays an archer doesn't make archery OP, right? (same category alchemy is in Alchemy is only on the templates that have room for an extra skill though =X).

mk, Why didn't you use your mage when fighting Aeyko in the arena, wouldn't it have been an easy 1-bil? (ego check)

What exactly makes someone "good" hard to kill with novas? (I know what you're going to say) and with your answer, I'm going to ask you, what about that, makes them good?
Aeyko wanted to mage 1v1 me on a splinter lethal poison fencing mage- WITH shatter potions. No template that I owned at the time could beat that except an archer, and the only reason he won was because he went in protection and I missed him 70% of my shots- AND it was in the arena, so I had no where to run. NO mage to ever play this game is going to beat a dueler as good as Aeyko on his lethal poison splinter tank mage, while using a wrestle mage (no shield bash) and also while he's shatter potting you in the arena. If you think you can, you're free to try.

You want an ego check? I'll gladly mage 1v1 you. The notion that you think I need an ego check for saying that I am one of the greatest mage 1v1'ers of all time shows how much of an ego YOU have- when even my opponents accept that as an established fact (reluctantly) and I'm also pretty sure I could beat you naked in a duel too.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aeyko wanted to mage 1v1 me on a splinter lethal poison fencing mage- WITH shatter potions. No template that I owned at the time could beat that except an archer, and the only reason he won was because he went in protection and I missed him 70% of my shots..
I know, you told me.... (lol)

and um, I couldn't careless about dueling you, ego check your suggestions. that's what I want. Back-up what you say... support your argument. "Duel me" is a rage-tactic.

Disagreeing with you because you're wrong is provoking such things.

I'm seriously about 10 re-tarded posts from writing Messanna an email asking her if I could choose the pvp game mechanic agenda, and if she says no, just ditching this **** hole for good. I could SO EASILY revive pvp (not to it's former glory, but at least make it fun for returning vets). These guys have NO CLUE what they're doing. They haven't considered a single one of the suggestions I made months ago.
It shows.

Anyone claiming to be "the best" is on one hell of an ego trip. -News flash, No One Cares.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's left field..

Here's Bane.

Just out there by himself.

Be constructive and stop attempting to insult people with your droning on and useless information please.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know, you told me.... (lol)

and um, I couldn't careless about dueling you, ego check your suggestions. that's what I want. Back-up what you say... support your argument. "Duel me" is a rage-tactic.
Duel me is not a rage-tactic, duel me is an attempt to "back-up what I say" as you just put it. You literally just stated that I need an ego check for saying I am one of the greatest mage 1v1'ers of all time; even though you can't hold a candle to me- and your evidence was some ******** 1v1 I did against an LP splinter mage in an enclosed area. But my statement is not based on ego. It is based on fact. The only reason you think it is based on ego, is because you have an ego yourself, and you feel challenged by my statement. You're either thinking to yourself that you are either better than me, that we are equal, or that I'm not that much better than you- none of which are true. My skills far exceed yours. If you want to ego-check me on that statement, you had better be willing to put up or shut up, because I don't want to hear about some ******** fight where I was on an archer fighting an LP splinter mage in protection, in an enclosed space. It's not relevant to my point, and you know that.

Disagreeing with you because you're wrong is provoking such things.

It shows.

Anyone claiming to be "the best" is on one hell of an ego trip. -News flash, No One Cares.
Lol You clearly missed the point. You see, I said I was one of the best mage 1v1'ers not to self-promote, but to establish some credibility. That's what people do when they make arguments, they establish credibility. And when it comes to mage 1v1's, yes, I have plenty of credibility. You on the other hand are a solid dueler, but when it comes to field fighting and mechanics in general, you have no credibility. If you think I'm just looking for a reason to self-promote, you are welcome to mage 1v1 me. I will brandish the name Bane on your arse and establish credibility all over your face.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You on the other hand are a solid dueler, but when it comes to field fighting and mechanics in general, you have no credibility.
He doesn't? I don't recall him making boneheaded mistakes in the SL Base like getting stuck behind nwa's walls/fields while everyone else, who was paying attention to what was going on, didn't die.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Duel me is not a rage-tactic, duel me is an attempt to "back-up what I say" as you just put it. You literally just stated that I need an ego check for saying I am one of the greatest mage 1v1'ers of all time; even though you can't hold a candle to me- and your evidence was some ******** 1v1 I did against an LP splinter mage in an enclosed area. But my statement is not based on ego. It is based on fact. The only reason you think it is based on ego, .
The difference is, I don't display my "ego" all over UO.stratics, because it does nothing, it proves nothing, it will get nothing done.

You don't even have to be "good" to know whats wrong with the game...

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
He doesn't? I don't recall him making boneheaded mistakes in the SL Base like getting stuck behind nwa's walls/fields while everyone else, who was paying attention to what was going on, didn't die.
What?? Lol I destroyed NWA on many, many occasions, heavily outnumbered, and even carried you along with me, on many, many occasions.

Are you trying to tell me that I played like a bone-head? You of all people? You had no idea how to fight outnumbered, I had to coach you through it- and you still died a million times. You would try and solo dump people 1v3, while 3 mages are dumping you on screen, and then you'd die. Cossack, I'm not **** talking you, but you are HIGHLY deluded if you think I'M the one that played poorly.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The difference is, I don't display my "ego" all over UO.stratics, because it does nothing, it proves nothing, it will get nothing done.

You don't even have to be "good" to know whats wrong with the game...
Yes, you do. You are right now. I was not "displaying my ego." I said I was one of the best mage 1v1'ers of all time. That is a fact. It establishes credibility because MOST people know and accept that it's true. You are the only one displaying their ego here, because your ego can't allow you to accept that FACT.

And no, you're right to an extent. You don't NECESSARILY have to be good at the game to know what's wrong with it. But you DO have to have an understanding of game mechanics, which is a major aspect of being "good." You could have ****ty psychomotor skills and still have a good understanding of game mechanics.

But you don't.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What?? Lol I destroyed NWA on many, many occasions, heavily outnumbered, and even carried you, and anyone else that was playing in 151 along with me, on many, many occasions.

Are you trying to tell me that I played like a bone-head? You of all people? You had no idea how to fight outnumbered, I had to coach you through it- and you still died a million times. You would try and solo dump people 1v3, while 3 mages are dumping you on screen, and then you'd die. Cossack, I'm not **** talking you, but you are HIGHLY deluded if you think I'M the one that played poorly.

Attachments

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, you do. You are right now. I was not "displaying my ego." I said I was one of the best mage 1v1'ers of all time. That is a fact. It establishes credibility because MOST people know and accept that it's true. You are the only one displaying their ego here, because your ego can't allow you to accept that FACT.

And no, you're right to an extent. You don't NECESSARILY have to be good at the game to know what's wrong with it. But you DO have to have an understanding of game mechanics, which is a major aspect of being "good." You could have ****ty psychomotor skills and still have a good understanding of game mechanics.

But you don't.
I'm not claiming to be the best... I have never claimed to be the best.... point out where my ego isn't in-check?

I knew mirror images were bugged, when you clearly did not (based on an earlier post).

I'll agree with the 2nd half of that post.

Get to the ideas/suggestions and leave the garbage out of it. that's all I ask.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not claiming to be the best... I have never claimed to be the best.... point out where my ego isn't in-check?

I knew mirror images were bugged, when you clearly did not (based on an earlier post).

I'll agree with the 2nd half of that post.

Get to the ideas/suggestions and leave the garbage out of it. that's all I ask.
Your ego isn't in check because you think you're anywhere close to me. You haven't said it, but you think it's true. And for the record, I brought a group to LS and we completely dominated the guild that all three of you were in, and we weren't even using supernovas or the most competitive templates. I personally was playing a mystic ninja mage for a time, at least until I made something new.

So... I didn't know mirror images were bugged because I said they are useful for people on foot with ninjitsu? So Mirror images are ONLY useful now if it reflects mage spells? If you summon an image, and someone armor ignores you, and 35 damage is re-directed at the image, that means it's not useful? That's what you're implying, because the only point that I made was that it was useful, and somehow you took that to mean that I don't know that it's bugged...

You want ideas/suggestions, I already gave them. The devs obviously aren't listening. So instead of coming up with solutions to individual aspects of this game, I'm focusing on the core problem. I'm done dealing with symptoms, now I'm focusing on the disease that rots the pvp aspect of this community to it's very core.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your ego isn't in check because you think you're anywhere close to me. You haven't said it, but you think it's true.
You're going deeper into this, and, you clearly care more than I do about "ego" it's obvious at this point (as if it wasn't already).

When attacks hit you AND the image, there's no point in using them. (the only attacks re-directed are the ones that have 0 hit-spell procs) I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (it proves nothing).

I'm focusing on the core problem. I'm done dealing with symptoms, now I'm focusing on the disease that rots the pvp aspect of this community to it's very core.
Core problem = what?
Also, Let's see some of these suggestions you propose. or are you referring to the ones in the "discussing balance" thread?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wanted to let all you "real pvpers" know that I took your advice on pot throwing. I spent two hours last night throwing shatter potions at anyone I could find. I went through about 30 shatter potions and never died once. Can I be a real pvper now, I worked so hard on this for couple of hours.

I was even caught on tracking a couple of times and did my best with positioning(that's running in pvp terms) myself to avoid being found and killed. It was a very successful night of pvp for me. I just want to thank you guys for such great advice on stratics in the past week. Ill be joining the top tier pvpers really soon.

*BOWS*
#bestpostever

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did not vote as I really don't know. I believe the potions mostly are meant to get enemies off the Alter and I believe that will still work, even with 1 sec delay but I never feeled Supernova was a big problem.
I don't think it will do much diff for me, I don't stay on same place for long anyway.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd rather a one sec delay rather than nothing.

If I had the rest of my druthers.....
PUT A TIMER ON ALL POTS, INCLUDING REFRESH
RESET THE FUDGING FEL CHAMP SPAWNS
MAKE SHIELDS DISARMABLE
DEBUFF THE MOST GIMP/OP TEMPS RATHER THAN MAKE STUFF MORE POWERFUL......DEBUFF TO LEVITY.....DONT INCREASE THE POWER OF DUMPS......

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to let all you "real pvpers" know that I took your advice on pot throwing. I spent two hours last night throwing shatter potions at anyone I could find. I went through about 30 shatter potions and never died once. Can I be a real pvper now, I worked so hard on this for couple of hours.

I was even caught on tracking a couple of times and did my best with positioning(that's running in pvp terms) myself to avoid being found and killed. It was a very successful night of pvp for me. I just want to thank you guys for such great advice on stratics in the past week. Ill be joining the top tier pvpers really soon.

*BOWS*
#bestpostever
My suspicions are confirmed. They want to make it "Nobody Dies Online"

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, for one, am glad they didn't use his suggestions for pvp. I'd also like to take a second to lol @ his self assessment. That is all.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My suspicions are confirmed. They want to make it "Nobody Dies Online"
I laid the sarcastic comedic tone in that post on so thick that youll need a redeemer sword to cut through it. I just wanted to make a point of just how idiotic everyone sounds with their argument to keep such ridiculous instant potion should be needed in order to kill someone. I also used shatters purposely instead because it breaks peoples nova potions. The defense rests! Good day "fake wanna be" pvpers.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You're going deeper into this, and, you clearly care more than I do about "ego" it's obvious at this point (as if it wasn't already).
So because I'm explaining how ego works to you, it means I have a bigger ego?

When attacks hit you AND the image, there's no point in using them. (the only attacks re-directed are the ones that have 0 hit-spell procs) I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (it proves nothing).
Yes... there is... because not all attacks hit the image... That's like saying there's no point building your resists to 70 because people can armor ignore you. And no, you obviously don't know how it works. It reflects base damage. Just because it doesn't deflect hit spells, does not mean that it isn't incredibly useful when you are on foot.

Core problem = what?
The core problem is that we have developers that don't understand PvP balance and what's fun, listening to players that don't understand PvP.

Also, Let's see some of these suggestions you propose. or are you referring to the ones in the "discussing balance" thread?
I was referencing the one's in discussing balance, although I'm sure I could come up with many more if I wasn't constantly ignored.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you obviously don't know how it works. It reflects base damage. Just because it doesn't deflect hit spells, does not mean that it isn't incredibly useful when you are on foot.
It never did deflect hit-spells (they hit you, not the images) now they hit both.... one arrow = weapon hit + up to two hit-spells = deletion of 3 images. (no hit area/AoE attacks necessary)... 3+ years now. hit-Spells (other then hit-area) never used to hit images before that... They're not completely useless... (there's a 90% chance they are) when your chance is 10% it's not worth casting it.

I was referencing the one's in discussing balance, although I'm sure I could come up with many more if I wasn't constantly ignored.
Post them again if you think you're being ignored.... it only took what, 5 years to get the devs to think about the Tactics requirement ?

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im on my cell phone so i really dont feel like direct quoting, however i have had time to read this whole thread.

My thoughts:

The fact that this thread has almost 250 replys witnin itself is astonishing.

The best solution to novas from what i heard was in fact made by chad.
Nova : 10 true dmg
Nova w alchemy : +1 dmg per 10 points
Make it so other spells do not alter the damage, and leave everything else the same.

Now the fact that people think its unavoidable really points out the players who pvp and who pretend to pvp.
Most every pvp aspect in this game is about positioning and if you cant fathom that when you move your positioning you can avoid anything and everything. Its about anticipating what your opponet is going to do so if you set yourself up to eat a whole dump with a nova well that was your fault and your fault only.

Yes everyone competetive uses Novas for the most part, even some much less competetive guilds have been using novas i would know, i loot alot of corpses.

However, most players do not use alchemy regardless of how much you keep trying to jam that down peoples throats its just not true. We have the most competetive guild in the game (most people who arent the winy little babies in this thread would agree) and about 3 of us actually have competetive alchemy temps. For every player with alchemy i could name you 4 that dont have it so can we really stop making up **** because you are trying to make false points.

Moving on, players like warshak and cossak who you can find typically in general chat crying about how they died to cheats and then expect to be taking seriously on the forums is whats wrong with this whole balancing thing to begin with. And thats not **** talk thats just establishing the credability of these people pretending to know what they are talking about. Warshak saying novas are the only uncraftable pot and then laughing about throwing shatter potions (hey guess what uncraftable) just shows how much he doesnt actually know.

Covenant has been talking about not having an ego but just a few weeks ago he **** talked mike for days and days and said theres no way he would lose and if he lost he would post the video for everyone to see, only to lose twice (in record time might i add) and pretend he didnt record the fight which you know he did.

I think we should start questioning player credability before making proposed player changes.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now the fact that people think its unavoidable really points out the players who pvp and who pretend to pvp.
Most every pvp aspect in this game is about positioning and if you cant fathom that when you move your positioning you can avoid anything and everything. Its about anticipating what your opponet is going to do so if you set yourself up to eat a whole dump with a nova well that was your fault and your fault only.
Bane Jr, this isn't even a point. YOU CANNOT AVOID A NOVA OR SEE IT COMING. If you could, the UHOH guy that got ganked last night @ Yew Gate would have been able to avoid the nova that was used...but he didn't. Because it's ******* INSTANT. If your "positioning" allows you to avoid damage from the nova, it's because of 2 things: 1) you were already far enough away for the damage to not affect you, and 2) the person sucks at using a nova potion.

Not really sure how you guys aren't getting this.

Cossak has been talking about not having an ego but just a few weeks ago he **** talked mike for days and days and said theres no way he would lose and if he lost he would post the video for everyone to see, only to lose twice (in record time might i add) and pretend he didnt record the fight which you know he did.
Huh? I've barely pvp'd for a few months now. Not sure when mike d (assuming that's who you mean) & I were supposed to have fought, but I certainly don't record fights. I would have to use my phone to do it (no Bandicam or OBS on my computer), which just isn't practical/possible when you're the one doing the fighting.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL. @de LEET ed . My point was that shatters are uncraftable and get no bonus from alchemy but supernovas do. Are you really that slow at grasping reality or what. That entire post was a sarcastic joke making fun of all you nonsense wanna be pvpers that think in order to be competitive you need novas. That the most false statement in the history of UO. You guys are pvping in a time where almost everything is broken and no real pvpers are even in the field to fight against you. You guys need to wake up and realize you don't know a thing about pvp period. Your guild especially which is mostly ranged characters that require the least amount skill period. Best part is you saying positioning again referring to running away from a nova and you claim to be a competitive player. Funniest thing I ever heard hands down.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bane Jr, this isn't even a point. YOU CANNOT AVOID A NOVA OR SEE IT COMING. If you could, the UHOH guy that got ganked last night @ Yew Gate would have been able to avoid the nova that was used...but he didn't. Because it's ******* INSTANT. If your "positioning" allows you to avoid damage from the nova, it's because of 2 things: 1) you were already far enough away for the damage to not affect you, and 2) the person sucks at using a nova potion.

Not really sure how you guys aren't getting this.

Huh? I've barely pvp'd for a few months now. Not sure when mike d (assuming that's who you mean) & I were supposed to have fought, but I certainly don't record fights. I would have to use my phone to do it (no Bandicam or OBS on my computer), which just isn't practical/possible when you're the one doing the fighting.
Ughhhhhh what dont you guys get is the real question.

And i meant covenant myb on that one

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL. @de LEET ed . My point was that shatters are uncraftable and get no bonus from alchemy but supernovas do. Are you really that slow at grasping reality or what. That entire post was a sarcastic joke making fun of all you nonsense wanna be pvpers that think in order to be competitive you need novas. That the most false statement in the history of UO. You guys are pvping in a time where almost everything is broken and no real pvpers are even in the field to fight against you. You guys need to wake up and realize you don't know a thing about pvp period. Your guild especially which is mostly ranged characters that require the least amount skill period. Best part is you saying positioning again referring to running away from a nova and you claim to be a competitive player. Funniest thing I ever heard hands down.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didnt quote the post but thats actually exactly what you said. Btw my guild has 3 archers. What are u even talking about. Just showing even more you dont know a thing about this game.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can avoid anything in this game from positioning yourself properly why is a nova any different?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ughhhhhh what dont you guys get is the real question.

And i meant covenant myb on that one
we get the viability of other skills becoming more equal when compared to alchemy....

You can nerf novas...
you can make novas function exactly the same and deal the same damage for every template. so that you get more of a choice between alchemy or something else.

Alchemy was used before novas, it just wasn't used by Most or All players or, you can buff scribe, poisoning, anything else that's less effective.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Alchemy was used before novas, it just wasn't used by Most or All players or, you can buff scribe, poisoning, anything else that's less effective.
AGAIN that is what you dont get and what you are basing you're whole argument on is actually not true. It is not used by most players its not even used by 20% of them

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you ever get tired of putting your own foot in your mouth with every post (and this goes for everyone that thinks nova is avoidable)? Its pretty obvious you have no idea how the game works. Every time you say positioning its makes you look worse, since that just means running away.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AGAIN that is what you dont get and what you are basing you're whole argument on is actually not true. It is not used by most players its not even used by 20% of them
It doesn't have to be used by most players.... just because of supernovas, it's better to use it. instead of something else with equal skill investment. for 20-27 damage.

It's because of the nova being instant and hitting as hard as they do. that's it.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you ever get tired of putting your own foot in your mouth with every post (and this goes for everyone that thinks nova is avoidable)? Its pretty obvious you have no idea how the game works. Every time you say positioning its makes you look worse, since that just means running away.
A lot of people run to stay alive. I have seen you high tail it an uncountable amount of times with numbers. Of course you eventually died, but it saved you in the short term.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't have to be used by most players.... just because of supernovas, it's better to use it. instead of something else with equal skill investment. for 20-27 damage.

It's because of the nova being instant and hitting as hard as they do. that's it.
Giving the same base damage for everyone and no bonus for alchemy is a bad idea. Then no one would invest in alchemy and still have everyone using novas.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry man but the fact you think positioning is the same thing as running away actually makes you look like the idiot. U need positioning for dismounts, proper para blow dumps, mage dumps, cross heals, novas, splitting groups, funneling archers named froghorn leghorn or some weird dumb name
Into spots to where they will die even with them running non stop, para fields, wall of stones, bolas, riding swipes.. all positioning

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Giving the same base damage for everyone and no bonus for alchemy is a bad idea. Then no one would invest in alchemy and still have everyone using novas.
if they want conflags to do more than 1-3 damage per tick, they'd have alchemy. if they want more str/dex from pots, they'd still have it.
If people pick up poisoning alchemy would be more useful to fight that..... there are plenty of reasons to have alchemy without novas being part of it.