• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 1 Time of legends

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Use the mastery book and it will show a list of all the abilities. It works just like a spell book.
Thanks, had to look around to find it, was buried under bags of books.

Other thoughts:

A) The new bank gump should not pop up every time you access your bank, it should pop up when you say "balance" and should have the amounts of your balances right there on the page. Also am I going crazy or did it get smaller?

B) I keep saying it but platinum doesn't need to be a billion to one conversion. Seriously this just looks so, so, so bad. If I came back after a few years away and saw that I'd laugh at the game, and not in a good way.

C) The gump for selecting masteries should maybe be accessed via the context menu, rather than by clicking on the book. That's the first place I looked and I only found it on the book by accident.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Basically overcomplicating the game even more
Actually, my initial response as well. Catering to old players who are bored and have too much gold to know what to do with - don't see how see how that's going to help the game overall. I was looking forward to new lands to explore, new monsters to check out, not more complications.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So you can have a wall safe set to owner, a wall safe set to co-owners, and a wall safe set to friends. Really handy.
(although on further thought, a wall safe set to owner only is kind of pointless.)
Unless you have a friend living in your house and want him to have his own wall safe, only you and he can access. I did not test, but believe if you make him co-owner, let him place it and keep it owner only, then changes him to friend. Now he and you can access it but no other friend or co-owner do have access

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There was a time though right after the Unbound Energy Vortex expansion where stuff was golden. You *could* make unique suits then if you knew what you were doing. It's gone just a little too far now... ask all of the people on Atlantic why the numbers have dropped so the past few months... as evidence of this. The greatest *person* is now going to the highest bidder... when Ultima came out, everybody had cookie cutter valorite chainmail/platemail suits... it shouldn't be who is the richest in real life wins.
Why all the hate on rich people? Just curious.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately @Kyronix I get no other gump when i hover over the buttons or the text. This happens a lot with other things in the game come to think of it...
Make sure you are patched up and try moving the cursor out of the gump and back onto it. You should see some tooltips pop up.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Has anyone seen an explanation on how to get the various mastery stuff once this goes to production shards? Will they be drops? Will we just buy them from an NPC?
I was just thinking the same thing.
Each char will need their own individual mastery book. Perhaps each char per account will receive one in their packs once this goes live and then purchase from an Npc the desired skill you wish to master. Guess we will find out eventually!!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"There are limits to the maximum elevation these crafted items can be placed. Players found to be exploiting these limits will find themselves subject to GM action."

Hey at @Kyronix what are the limits? Is it just where you can place it or can we not use the interior decorator after words? If we can use the interior decorator how high can we go? Is it as high as the walls go on a 4 story custom?

Or are these being treated like goza mat floors? Where they are good to go unless they are blocking someones vendors, house, access etc...
It's based on elevation and if you exceed the elevation limit the object will get bounced back to your backpack and you get a message indicating the issue. The same rules apply in general about blocking vendors, houses, etc. etc.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Labeling other player's ideas as pathetic is pathetic. I've played Ultima more than most trust me... even Super Nintendo style. I wonder why this game is dying? It's because they truly do not listen to anyone other than the "elite." But it's ok, because they've all already bought their gold.... and can get more anytime I guess. After all, what's a platinum when you're rolling in *waves* and other 1 billion gold items and have super elite suits. Death to the swine and peasants... aye? So says Merlin... "they're all pathetic."
As someone who will have (a little) Platinum, I kind of take offense to your statement, "they've all already bought their gold...". I have NEVER bought gold. I earned every piece of it I have. Some fighting, some buying and selling everything regs to spell books, and yes, some from IDOCing. You just have to be smarter than the game. After all you could beat up mongbats 24 hours a day, and not get rich! Work smart not hard. :) Just sayin'

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well I have an odd feeling if I dropped by Broadsword with a check for 5 million dollars I could get a castle that looks exactly like mine does now where I could knock down walls. Do you really think we can put men on the moon but it's impossible to redesign a computer game castle? Old code is a problem??? Really??? Make new code. That's what they are suppose to be doing, code. The feeling I get is they, and you, don't trust their ability to do it right. That I understand. But if it were me I'd come up with a better story than our developers don't understand the code or have a clue how to fix it cause that sounds really really bad.... Here's an idea. Castle turns into a 24x24 plot. You only have the 24x24 plot option if you replacing a castle. Then we build a castle on it with all those nifty little pieces they have from house customizing. OH MY GOD I DID IT. Never worked in the gaming industry in my whole life....
You think they would do it if you, I , and 3 others each put up 1 million??

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, had to look around to find it, was buried under bags of books.

Other thoughts:

A) The new bank gump should not pop up every time you access your bank, it should pop up when you say "balance" and should have the amounts of your balances right there on the page. Also am I going crazy or did it get smaller?

B) I keep saying it but platinum doesn't need to be a billion to one conversion. Seriously this just looks so, so, so bad. If I came back after a few years away and saw that I'd laugh at the game, and not in a good way.

C) The gump for selecting masteries should maybe be accessed via the context menu, rather than by clicking on the book. That's the first place I looked and I only found it on the book by accident.
Thank you for the feedback on the banking gump.

The reason for the conversion rate is based both on technical limitations for the values stored and also because we didn't want to entirely redefine how items were priced. For the vast majority of players past, present, and future, they will continue to use gold for the majority of their transactions. We didn't want to change that. Platinum only comes into play for those high value transactions which were previously cumbersome and difficult to transact.

The gump for selecting which mastery path should be accessed via the context menu on the book, and then the abilities accessed by double clicking and cycling through the pages.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the taming masteries (combat training)

Is it like hci dci battle lust ?

Or are you training your pets over time or something nothing show when you lore the pet and did a fast test on some zuki wolves and did not notice any difference

Also are the boarding buff icon always suppose to be up I can not remove it

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone say where you get the recipes for the new clothes and the not high heel shoes? I went to the elf city and did quests. Not one new recipe was given as a reward.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As someone who will have (a little) Platinum, I kind of take offense to your statement, "they've all already bought their gold...". I have NEVER bought gold. I earned every piece of it I have. Some fighting, some buying and selling everything regs to spell books, and yes, some from IDOCing. You just have to be smarter than the game. After all you could beat up mongbats 24 hours a day, and not get rich! Work smart not hard. :) Just sayin'
1 - (Reply to why all the hate on rich people) Because this game is about being smart and it should be equal. Someone should not win because they have a suit with 5,000 properties and perfect 20 lmc, 3 cf, 5 str, 5 dex, 10 stam, 10 mana, 10 lmc, 15 dmg eater, 99 resist pieces that they paid 175m for each. I'm sure that price will now go up significantly.

2 - I IDOC too... and have gotten about 600m worth the past few months alone... but I have yet to buy one event item. Now go walk down Luna and look at the houses with 1,000 event items each worth over 500m to 6b gold. Did those players get those items in a legit manner? I bet not, I bet every single one were using (young) scripters before the recent changes. One player comes (everyone knows them) and a gate opens and 30 (youngs) walk in and grab every event item exactly as the house falls. Yea... people got rich in a legit manner alright. So you either competed with those guys and somehow gloriously were better than a 0.01 second timed script or you bought gold, which you're talking about throwing in a million... r/l... so I dunno... "yea right, I know..."

3 - It's hard to get event items playing with people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to PvP playing against people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to want to play this game no more when you can't PvP and the main PvM is useless... everyone has powerscrolls and such already. The only thing left is items and events... and the rich win. Real life rich = UO rich, whether people admit it or not... sad but true.

(This was highly edited so as not to be removed... it was better, but ya' know.)

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I should "play smarter... you said?" I'm a biochemist and mathematician in real life... and speak Japanese and English both, almost fluently. I received UCA's 2012 best foreign language speaker award... and type 275 wpm... My play is fairly smart.

I refuse to run scripts and submit to the levels that would make me seem to be a "smart" player. Maybe like the PvP speed hackers say, I should "buy a better suit." .....

Wonder if they mean r/l money or gold... as those scripters are probably the same scripters at the IDOCs to begin with... a game is a game. Stupid people who run a notepad script off of some website are "smart" though I guess...

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
guess i need to get busy moving my checks into a house. eventually they will be rares. it would be sweet if we could dye our souvenier checks a different color instead of keeping them that ugly yellow color.

is it possible to take gold off my vendor and move it directly to a wall safe? that would be convenient.

also, how do you get a pile of gold after the currency conversion takes place? do you pick it up as loot from a monster? come to think of it, it would be awesome if the gold from a monster i just slayed went directly into my bankbox. hehe.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also, how do you get a pile of gold after the currency conversion takes place? do you pick it up as loot from a monster? come to think of it, it would be awesome if the gold from a monster i just slayed went directly into my bankbox. hehe.
You still loot gold. When you put the gold into your bank it disappears and becomes part of your balance.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
"Can technically do" and "can practical do" are obviously different... It's clearly an involved issue (or why not just do it) and I feel like since most people don't have a castle or keep or tower, that time is better spent elsewhere, and you can be happy you got anything at all. The stairs and doors if nothing else seem like a very nice add on.
Creating a new castle, keep, tower wouldn't be a big deal while still keeping the old ones as is. Just code a new building that looks just like the old ones and that's what you get when you place in the future. Nice fresh new code that doesn't spill over into anything. Leave the old code if it scares someone that much, which I gotta roll my eyes at. If you just added doors to a current castle your gonna start visually blocking stuff and then have to deal with them as you run through the building, so it may be cool or not. As far as wasting time on stuff I point at brittle (and associated titles), jewels wearing out, refinement, etc lol. They can "waste" time on castles too. There's not a lot of things that keep coming up month after month (other than possibly hot air balloons and gypsy wagons, lol) but this topic never goes away so it must be affecting someone besides me. I'm not a tamer so anything to do with taming is a complete waste of time as far as I'm concerned, does that mean it's wrong to throw tamers some love? Castles and keeps are suppose to be the coolest things in the game but that certainly isn't the case. Another example of the vision of UO lost. Mesanna has a thing for castles, possibly scared by one as a child. She goes out of her way to say that she doesn't like them and would never have put them into the game, so that's the law for the rest of the game. Based solely on her prejudice towards them. You could probably place a castle on any shard except maybe Great Lakes and Atlantic but somehow they are taking up all the land in the game while you can walk all over the place on most shards and see nothing but wide open space. It would be a good thing to make the shards appear a little more populated and filled. There's only one thing stopping castle/keep customizing from being a reality and we know what that "thing" is :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Honestly with all of you supposed "intelligence" you sound ridiculously ignorant to UO game play and mechanics. It sounds like you cannot comprehend the basics of PvP and thus you cry when you die and throw out the cheater line. It also sounds like you cannot comprehend the template to make in order to achieve the best possibility in acquiring a drop at an EM event. I would help you like I have others, but it would be a waste of time. If you really have been playing as long as you claim there is little to no helping you now. Please take your useless rants to the spiels and rants section because I'm sure I am not the only person tired of reading them, or QUIT THE GAME like you have graciously said you would.

@Kyronix I am very intrigued with everything. Keep up the good work!
Well I gotta laugh a little over this one. Having listened to PvPers whine and cry at each other daily in general chat, often for hours, I don't think they are exempt from ranting and crying lol.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I should "play smarter... you said?" I'm a biochemist and mathematician in real life... and speak Japanese and English both, almost fluently. I received UCA's 2012 best foreign language speaker award... and type 275 wpm... My play is fairly smart.

I refuse to run scripts and submit to the levels that would make me seem to be a "smart" player. Maybe like the PvP speed hackers say, I should "buy a better suit." .....

Wonder if they mean r/l money or gold... as those scripters are probably the same scripters at the IDOCs to begin with... a game is a game. Stupid people who run a notepad script off of some website are "smart" though I guess...
I understand where you are coming from with the frustration at the script users and with the item based game UO has become. I too look at the amount of time and effort I would need to put in to acquire the gear to play at the high level I was once accustomed to, and think why bother. I could just buy some gold and then buy what I need. That isn't the game I want to play though, so I don't really play anymore.

Having said that, people who have money will always be able to buy their way to the top. Everybody already knows this. That is just life on earth. If you designed a game where nobody could buy anything for real money (and how exactly could that be stopped?), then the people with the time to invest would just boast about how they are the "rich" ones with all the stuff in the game. It's just a trade, money or time.

Honestly, one of my friends works all the time, he doesn't have much time to play, and when he does play, he wants to play what he wants without all the hassle. He just wants to drop into a game an play. So, he drops $500 on a spaceship that doesn't exist. Other people spend huge amounts of their time to build up the in game cash to buy the damn thing. Some people invest the time, others the money.

In ending, I have to pass on this story. In my experience, games and real world ability have little to with each other.

I worked for a summer in the call center at Nintendo of America. Got a call one day from a doctor in the Midwest. He was furious. He was a doctor, his wife was a doctor, and both their adult children were doctors. He made sure to tell me this. The family was all together and the caller and his wife had purchased a new Wii for the grandkiddies. But, none of the four doctors could figure out how to get the Wii remotes to work. I followed my on-screen instructions and had him turn off the console and turn it back on. He was pissed, kept yelling at me that they had done this already and it wasn't going to do anything. I had him push the sync buttons and resync all 4 Wii remotes, he was steamed and kept saying it was not going to work, and his was a smart family, and they would have figured it out if it was that simple, and so there was obviously something wrong with the console. We kept going, he sync'd up the last remote, loaded the game, and wa-la. It worked fine.

His reaction was.......priceless. Pissed that Nintendo had the gaul to design a system that a family of Doctors, Doctors I tell you, had to call for help with.

You and I could be Stephen Hawking and Galileo. Wouldn't help us play UO one bit.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
No, Mesanna has said that the code for castles/keeps is too old to go mucking with. Which is also why we won't be able to get into a keep's dead spaces :oops:
Rats I had hoped that the dead areas would be allow access and that we could use it like the areas inside the castles today.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok the code is old so no keep yard access that way. Then let us get in there like we used to, with magic. Then we can lock plants down please.
Ya I remember that, was nice, be great to get in there again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A note about the wall safes:

You can place more than one wall safe in your house.

Each wall safe has it's own independant balance.

Each wall safe has it's own security setting.

So you can have a wall safe set to owner, a wall safe set to co-owners, and a wall safe set to friends. Really handy.
(although on further thought, a wall safe set to owner only is kind of pointless.)

Now I need to test to see what happens to the gold in a wall safe when the house drops.
It goes *poof*. Gold in the house safe when the house drops is GONE. Which means no more doing IDOCS getting millions in gold.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Polaris75, post: 2586191, member: 160875"]1 - (Reply to why all the hate on rich people) Because this game is about being smart and it should be equal. Someone should not win because they have a suit with 5,000 properties and perfect 20 lmc, 3 cf, 5 str, 5 dex, 10 stam, 10 mana, 10 lmc, 15 dmg eater, 99 resist pieces that they paid 175m for each. I'm sure that price will now go up significantly.

• Like I said, You need to Adapt, People are selling legendaries Items on stratics all day long, just check the Trading Forum. So you can either play for weeks to try to get 1 item for yourself, or just PAY for the item and build your suit like everybody else does!!!, and them you have the only 2 choices pay with your own Gold or Buy the Gold like few others do!!!

2 - Now go walk down Luna and look at the houses with 1,000 event items each worth over 500m to 6b gold. Did those players get those items in a legit manner? I bet not, I bet every single one were using (young) scripters before the recent changes...."

• Again you are proving how wrong you are... We all know a player on Atlantic Shard that collect rares and he BUY all of them, because He can Afford!! and yet you are accusing him or anyone else that can "afford" to buy them of scripting.
  • Young accounts can no longer be near IDOCS, so Wrong again!!!

3 - It's hard to get event items playing with people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to PvP playing against people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to want to play this game no more when you can't PvP and the main PvM is useless... everyone has powerscrolls and such already. The only thing left is items and events... and the rich win. Real life rich = UO rich, whether people admit it or not... sad but true.

• Adapt, Adapr, Adapt, this is the New UO, you can either Like or Quit, crying here over and over and over will not Help at all!!

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Polaris75, post: 2586191, member: 160875"]1 - (Reply to why all the hate on rich people) Because this game is about being smart and it should be equal. Someone should not win because they have a suit with 5,000 properties and perfect 20 lmc, 3 cf, 5 str, 5 dex, 10 stam, 10 mana, 10 lmc, 15 dmg eater, 99 resist pieces that they paid 175m for each. I'm sure that price will now go up significantly.

• Like I said, You need to Adapt, People are selling legendaries Items on stratics all day long, just check the Trading Forum. So you can either play for weeks to try to get 1 item for yourself, or just PAY for the item and build your suit like everybody else does!!!, and them you have the only 2 choices pay with your own Gold or Buy the Gold like few others do!!!

2 - Now go walk down Luna and look at the houses with 1,000 event items each worth over 500m to 6b gold. Did those players get those items in a legit manner? I bet not, I bet every single one were using (young) scripters before the recent changes...."

• Again you are proving how wrong you are... We all know a player on Atlantic Shard that collect rares and he BUY all of them, because He can Afford!! and yet you are accusing him or anyone else that can "afford" to buy them of scripting.
  • Young accounts can no longer be near IDOCS, so Wrong again!!!

• Adapt, Adapr, Adapt, this is the New UO, you can either Like or Quit, crying here over and over and over will not Help at all!!

1- I do buy legendary items, read my posts... but just not the ones that cost a billion... and yes they exist.
2 - I didn't accuse everyone of scripting, I just said there were 3 players who did... and the rest BOUGHT it from them, because like YOU said, they could AFFORD it.
3 - I didn't say (young) players were scripting now; I said that the ONE change I Like is the IDOC change... that said, they already scripted and sold all of the items to people who could "Afford it."
4 - Crying over here about our complaints is what this forum is for. I was crying about the changes in this update, you all pushed it to this... because you are defending hoarding 15b gold on multiple accounts, and hoarding items that were bought with real money. Then you buy the 2b gold suits easily and get new drops... I could name 3 people that got drops on Pacific from Atlantic (main chars) servers the other day.. and they are already selling them on Atlantic, but I won't go there b/c that is not appropriate to call names... the same I won't say the chars' names who gated in the (youngs) 4 months to 7 years ago.... because everyone already knows them anyway.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Maybe you should talk to these people about your typing skills. Guinness World Records

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
How do I get "on the correct path for this mastery"? I used the volume three versions of the skills I had, but I still can't cast the spells. What do I have to do next?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Where do we report bugs etc from test center?? I dont see the bug forum anymore..

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
2 - I IDOC too... and have gotten about 600m worth the past few months alone... but I have yet to buy one event item. Now go walk down Luna and look at the houses with 1,000 event items each worth over 500m to 6b gold. Did those players get those items in a legit manner? I bet not, I bet every single one were using (young) scripters before the recent changes. One player comes (everyone knows them) and a gate opens and 30 (youngs) walk in and grab every event item exactly as the house falls. Yea... people got rich in a legit manner alright. So you either competed with those guys and somehow gloriously were better than a 0.01 second timed script or you bought gold, which you're talking about throwing in a million... r/l... so I dunno... "yea right, I know..."
The statement I left in the quote above, is extremely ignorant and arrogant. You assume anyone with expensive stuff cheats, which is entirely untrue. I am one of those people who owns one of the Luna houses with a lot of event items, some of which are into the billions. I have never once in the nearly 18 year history of UO used a script, duped, bought gold, sold gold, exploited, or cheated in any way shape or form. I also did not get many of the expensive items directly from the event (only about 5 out of the 150+ I own). I have them simply because after playing for nearly 18 years, gold builds up from various sources. The majority of my gold came from buying and reselling items, commission from my auction house (which has never once participated in any sort of bid inflation, scamming or fake bidding) and also from tips people have given me for helping them with things like shard transfers, or brokering their in game sales and duels. You assuming that all UO rich people cheat is extremely narrow minded and inaccurate.

You said you are a mathematician in real life, well, mathematics is based upon the principles of logic and proof, correct? In order for an equation or theory to be accepted as accurate it must first be logically proven. You cannot simply say your equation is correct "just because it is", you instead have to show and explain why it is correct.

You said that all UO rich people must have cheated in some way or bought gold, think of that as the equation, now prove it. If you cannot prove it then the statement is baseless and completely inaccurate. I know I have never done what you said I "must have done" in order to obtain the items, so your statement is automatically incorrect. If you think differently, then I challenge you to find and PM me any proof of me doing something against the rules of the game in order to gain gold or items. If you are not able or willing to do that, then posting here on the forum that you were wrong works too :)

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand where you are coming from with the frustration at the script users and with the item based game UO has become. I too look at the amount of time and effort I would need to put in to acquire the gear to play at the high level I was once accustomed to, and think why bother. I could just buy some gold and then buy what I need. That isn't the game I want to play though, so I don't really play anymore.

Having said that, people who have money will always be able to buy their way to the top. Everybody already knows this. That is just life on earth. If you designed a game where nobody could buy anything for real money (and how exactly could that be stopped?), then the people with the time to invest would just boast about how they are the "rich" ones with all the stuff in the game. It's just a trade, money or time.

Honestly, one of my friends works all the time, he doesn't have much time to play, and when he does play, he wants to play what he wants without all the hassle. He just wants to drop into a game an play. So, he drops $500 on a spaceship that doesn't exist. Other people spend huge amounts of their time to build up the in game cash to buy the damn thing. Some people invest the time, others the money.

In ending, I have to pass on this story. In my experience, games and real world ability have little to with each other.

I worked for a summer in the call center at Nintendo of America. Got a call one day from a doctor in the Midwest. He was furious. He was a doctor, his wife was a doctor, and both their adult children were doctors. He made sure to tell me this. The family was all together and the caller and his wife had purchased a new Wii for the grandkiddies. But, none of the four doctors could figure out how to get the Wii remotes to work. I followed my on-screen instructions and had him turn off the console and turn it back on. He was pissed, kept yelling at me that they had done this already and it wasn't going to do anything. I had him push the sync buttons and resync all 4 Wii remotes, he was steamed and kept saying it was not going to work, and his was a smart family, and they would have figured it out if it was that simple, and so there was obviously something wrong with the console. We kept going, he sync'd up the last remote, loaded the game, and wa-la. It worked fine.

His reaction was.......priceless. Pissed that Nintendo had the gaul to design a system that a family of Doctors, Doctors I tell you, had to call for help with.

You and I could be Stephen Hawking and Galileo. Wouldn't help us play UO one bit.
Sorry for stating my credentials when someone told me to "play smarter and not kill mongbats." That said... I wasn't yelling at anyone about how smart I was... was I? I fail to see the analogy of your story... because after all, everything I said still stands. Like you said yourself... "people who have the money can buy their way to the top." That is Ludacris and absurd in every aspect of game mechanics and balance. It should not be allowed or condoned and every single person should look down on it instead of "accepting it." Sounds like you're defending it underhandedly.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How do I get "on the correct path for this mastery"? I used the volume three versions of the skills I had, but I still can't cast the spells. What do I have to do next?
Edited: Sorry for the caps.

Single click the masteries book in your bag, the one that was the bag with all the masteries in the bank, and click switch masteries. choose the mastery from the list.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The statement I left in the quote above, is extremely ignorant and arrogant. You assume anyone with expensive stuff cheats, which is entirely untrue. I am one of those people who owns one of the Luna houses with a lot of event items, some of which are into the billions. I have never once in the nearly 18 year history of UO used a script, duped, bought gold, sold gold, exploited, or cheated in any way shape or form. I also did not get many of the expensive items directly from the event (only about 5 out of the 150+ I own). I have them simply because after playing for nearly 18 years, gold builds up from various sources. The majority of my gold came from buying and reselling items, commission from my auction house (which has never once participated in any sort of bid inflation, scamming or fake bidding) and also from tips people have given me for helping them with things like shard transfers, or brokering their in game sales and duels. You assuming that all UO rich people cheat is extremely narrow minded and inaccurate.

You said you are a mathematician in real life, well, mathematics is based upon the principles of logic and proof, correct? In order for an equation or theory to be accepted as accurate it must first be logically proven. You cannot simply say your equation is correct "just because it is", you instead have to show and explain why it is correct.

You said that all UO rich people must have cheated in some way or bought gold, think of that as the equation, now prove it. If you cannot prove it then the statement is baseless and completely inaccurate. I know I have never done what you said I "must have done" in order to obtain the items, so your statement is automatically incorrect. If you think differently, then I challenge you to find and PM me any proof of me doing something against the rules of the game in order to gain gold or items. If you are not able or willing to do that, then posting here on the forum that you were wrong works too :)
Captain Norrington Sir... with all due respect... I know you are the Stratics mod... but I never named you or anyone in particular. I know some peeps are cool and legit for sure bro.

That said, proof is not allowed to exist. If it would, I would post names and forum blogs as well as 20 different websites selling items that I have saw 30 (young) players script from IDOCs as they fell with 50 other people there. I could also have had video of it if I would have thought it would have helped. Proof is not allowed to exist for what you say... if so, we should be allowed to post websites and name names. If that were allowed, you all would have 1000 videos of char. ****kick ***** gating in 30-50 (youngs) and scripting them as they fell, then them coming up in a forum post or on a website a year after the fact with 80 other event items for sale all at once.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Captain Norrington Sir... with all due respect... I know you are the Stratics mod... but I never named you or anyone in particular. I know some peeps are cool and legit for sure bro.

That said, proof is not allowed to exist. If it would, I would post names and forum blogs as well as 20 different websites selling items that I have saw 30 (young) players script from IDOCs as they fell with 50 other people there. I could also have had video of it if I would have thought it would have helped. Proof is not allowed to exist for what you say... if so, we should be allowed to post websites and name names. If that were allowed, you all would have 1000 videos of char. ****kick ***** gating in 30-50 (youngs) and scripting them as they fell, then them coming up in a forum post or on a website a year after the fact with 80 other event items for sale all at once.
I know this cannot be helped... but I wasn't even talking about the scripters at first. I was stating the fact that the new item system is Ludacris, because it supports people who CAN buy their way to the top with 500m gold legendary pieces. Or 1.5b splintering Warforks... ect... I like the old system, with valorite suits and power/vanquishing weapons that were easy to come by and expendable.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OP, I believe there are about 5 messages that should be deleted here as a result of personal attacks... as mine directed at Merlin was deleted this morning. People should be able to have views without the Vet/Pro club teaming up and insulting. My views are as good and more well founded than theirs, I assure you.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe you should talk to these people about your typing skills. Guinness World Records
Frodo, the world record is an Indian lady who types over 300 wpm continuously... from what I have heard. ;) I typed 206 wpm twice at the typing competition in the 10th grade, 14 years ago... thanks to Ultima Online and MechCommander. I'm not that fast... :p :p close though.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Arroth Thaiel Know where you coming from. Worked on Admiral's staff and their favorite saying was "It's broke" and alls we did was walk over to the on/off switch and put it in the on position.
@Captn Norrington it's ok I know some VERY intelligent people that couldn't stack a pile of rocks even if their life depended on it. Just because someone is intelligent does not mean they are smart.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is posted fro information purposes and I know it is totally off topic. Just wanted to clear up some ******** posted earlier.
As of 2005 [update], writer Barbara Blackburn was the fastest alphanumerical English language typist in the world, according to The Guinness Book of World Records. Using the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, she maintained 150 wpm for 50 minutes, and 170 wpm for shorter periods. Her top speed was 212 wpm.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix, will there be any problems with your pet being auto-stabled as sometimes happens when your character dies if the character's stable slots were over-filled from previously using the mastery for boarding purposes, but it was not active when your character died? In other words, if the character had not died at that point and instead had gone to the stable, he would not have been able to stable the pet(s) he currently had out without activating the mastery.
The pet will get auto stabled regardless of stable limits.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix

Archery Skill Mastery: Flaming SHot does not show the damage dealt. i also used it on a red npc which did not flag me or the npc against my character.

Does playing the odds masteries go over the HCI cap?

why does it not let me eat archery masteries level 1 for archery on test? is it because i ate level 3 first?

why does switching skill masteries take so long?

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is posted fro information purposes and I know it is totally off topic. Just wanted to clear up some ******** posted earlier.
As of 2005 [update], writer Barbara Blackburn was the fastest alphanumerical English language typist in the world, according to The Guinness Book of World Records. Using the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, she maintained 150 wpm for 50 minutes, and 170 wpm for shorter periods. Her top speed was 212 wpm.
There are different records, and I never even "looked it up" to see that... but I wasn't exactly competing for the Guinness world records in the 10th grade bro, I was in typing class. I *DO* however hold my county and high schools fastest typing record still... and have the 206 WPM Award in my shoebox to prove it. That said there are different types of records, we did the "short burst" I guess. That said, I'm one heck of a typist. We did something like this guy below. I stand corrected on the Indian woman typing, guess that is just something some troll spouted out somewhere.

-Current online records of sprint speeds on short text selections are 290 wpm, achieved by Guilherme Sandrini

Funny how the rich people team up, likely all of them have a lovely home inside the walls of Luna... :p :p My home is in the forests... where the real players reside. My whole family plays UO... and from a veteran "player..." I won't say what I think of some of you because it will be deleted anyway. Some of you guys are cool as can be, love you guys. You know who you are! *bumps chest and sends love* :) :)

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok I am disappointed with the death ray spell. Not the damage output as that is pretty good. What I am disappointed with is the graphic that goes with it. With the depiction shown in the spell's icon, I was hoping to see something like this:

Because the hand position is the same, I was hoping to see an actual ray coming from my caster. Can this be changed?