• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 1 Time of legends

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does "There are limits to the maximum elevation these crafted items can be placed. Players found to be exploiting these limits will find themselves subject to GM action." mean? What is the actual permitted limit?
If you exceed the elevation limit the item will give you a system message indicating you've done so and be placed in your backpack. The GM action is a warning that those who exploit that limit are doing so at their own risk.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If you exceed the elevation limit the item will give you a system message indicating you've done so and be placed in your backpack. The GM action is a warning that those who exploit that limit are doing so at their own risk.
Thanks. Can you give us a rough idea of how that limit is actually figured, so we can plan around it when designing? I'd hate to get days and halfway into a build only to find I was hitting a limit and the build wouldn't work as planned. :)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix These days its hard to feel out what is an exploit and what isnt... Whats enforced and what isnt is a whole other ball game. Can you give us a very specific height of which we shouldnt pass? To me it seems reasonable to not go any higher than what a tall wall on the 4th floor of a customizable house is set at.

I have a feeling this is going to become an issue and it should probably be specifically stated what height is too high.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix specifically, so you know what you are dealing with. WOuld it be ok if i placed the new deco items on this goza roof? Is the goza roof ok anymore? At one time i received an Email from @Mesanna stating that goza roofs were ok as long as you werent blocking vendors, other peoples houses... etc... is this still the case? are the new deco items under the same rule set?

Here is a pic to give you a bit of an idea. This is an old house of mine that i set up a goza floor on for a suit building area.
craft roof.PNG

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Scribbles @brianfreud2 the same rules apply with goza use, you cannot block someone else's house, vendor etc. That being said the elevation limit is enforced when you actually drop the craftable items. If you can drop the crafted items, then it's within the limits for elevation. If you are trying to place the item outside of those limits the item bounces back into your backpack and you get a message telling you. The limit is based on elevation and is around 70z off the ground.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks Kyronix :) Remind me not to try building near Ocllo then! :p

Nightmare of GL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm planning on rejoining uo after a long hiatus, can someone please provide a link to all the information on this upcoming publish. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Translation : We are too lazy to actually code and test the game so instead we will leave open holes in the code and just resort to banning accounts if they don't follow limitations that have no bearing on the game.

If someone puts an item 100 spots up - does it really matter?
Do you also expect everyone here to read the forums?
Don't you think fixing the code to prevent the issue would have been better than hacking in a system message?

I don't understand this thinking.
Yeah devs, surely it is as simple as opening up Notepad, typing "Don't allow stuff to be placed above 70z" and then emailing it to the servers? While you're at it, add a line "No more duping" to the text file and kill two birds with one stone. Though that second one might be a bit more complex - so might need to FTP that one across.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
@Scribbles @brianfreud2 the same rules apply with goza use, you cannot block someone else's house, vendor etc. That being said the elevation limit is enforced when you actually drop the craftable items. If you can drop the crafted items, then it's within the limits for elevation. If you are trying to place the item outside of those limits the item bounces back into your backpack and you get a message telling you. The limit is based on elevation and is around 70z off the ground.
But if you then raise them, you can go higher. That may let players use alot granit to make a new flor, only to see it deleted. I could not build a stair on top of my large Tower but I could build a stair of floor tiles and then get up in the hight for a new floor.
Sure it was deleted but nothing tells, that I'm not allowed as I can plave the floor tile and then raise it, step on it, place next and raise that one. Think they should show as red if to high

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But if you then raise them, you can go higher. That may let players use alot granit to make a new flor, only to see it deleted. I could not build a stair on top of my large Tower but I could build a stair of floor tiles and then get up in the hight for a new floor.
Sure it was deleted but nothing tells, that I'm not allowed as I can plave the floor tile and then raise it, step on it, place next and raise that one. Think they should show as red if to high
Sounds like something may not be working as intended, thanks for testing and we'll look into it.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Kyronix - can actually do that with gozas as well. basically, if you are higher than the paver/goza, you can raise that item higher to meet your level. so yes, ppl have (and will) create floating steps to get higher than that 70z level. Seen some interesting things done with that z-axis.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
@Kyronix The House design lovers really enjoy the ability to built those extra levels and they are amazing builds. I would consider letting them do it to a significant level above the norm. There really isn't much crowding on most shards outside of Luna right now and it might alleviate some of the hard feeling about not being able to customize a castle or keep spot.

Let them have a floor or two above those old structures to fully customize.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix The House design lovers really enjoy the ability to built those extra levels and they are amazing builds. I would consider letting them do it to a significant level above the norm. There really isn't much crowding on most shards outside of Luna right now and it might alleviate some of the hard feeling about not being able to customize a castle or keep spot.

Let them have a floor or two above those old structures to fully customize.
As long it can't be seeing from outside unless you just was in the house, one extra floor could be nice in some of the Classic houses. If not seen from outside, it can't cover vendors.
I can see vendors placed up there can be a problem as they will be visible

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So uh, I hate to be "that" guy but wasn't part 2 of this supposed to be on test center the week of Sept 1st?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So uh, I hate to be "that" guy but wasn't part 2 of this supposed to be on test center the week of Sept 1st?
expansion didnt work and was cancelled. it didnt go well on test i guess. yes we were promised part 2 would be out by last week (via the login screen), but it didnt work out.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
expansion didnt work and was cancelled. it didnt go well on test i guess. yes we were promised part 2 would be out by last week (via the login screen), but it didnt work out.
The first part of this I really wouldn't be surprised at if it were true. Remember all the time they dumped into those horrible faction bases when Pheonix was the head honcho?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Did some testing on TC to see what would make the new customization tiles bounce back into my pack when i went to high. To say the least its really easy to get the tiles to go above the 70z cordinate with out using any exploits and with out the tile bouncing into my backpack.... You guys might want to start over on what triggers the item to bounce back.

If you want the tiles to remain below a certain point, dont let the interior decorator tool raise them above.... FYI if you guys didnt know the interior decorator is only a check based of where your toons height is not where the tile height you are raising is at.

For instance if my toon is at 0 z cord my interior decorator tool will let me raise an item to 9z cord before i get a too high message. If my toon is at 5 z cord it will let me raise 14zcord. So if i start creating a floor tile stair case to go up my toons z cord changes as i build it up.... The new tiles are not triggered to check from an interior decorator, they seem to only check when you are actually double clicking them or trying to move them with the cursor.

We will see if the server up at least checks these items. Ill let you know in the morning if my giant stair case crumbles at any point.

ALSO, just in case this publish goes live when im out of town. What is UO's exact policy towards handling a situation where someone is violating either the new customizing tiles or goza floor policy? What exactly will happen to the account, house, player if she or he is found to be too high or blocking to much? Is there an exact procedure or is it a case by case ruling?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the 'next week' came and went, do we know what's happening with Part 2?
A comment from the Dev's on progress would be nice, are we still on track or have we stalled? :spider:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix Did some testing on TC to see what would make the new customization tiles bounce back into my pack when i went to high. To say the least its really easy to get the tiles to go above the 70z cordinate with out using any exploits and with out the tile bouncing into my backpack.... You guys might want to start over on what triggers the item to bounce back.

If you want the tiles to remain below a certain point, dont let the interior decorator tool raise them above.... FYI if you guys didnt know the interior decorator is only a check based of where your toons height is not where the tile height you are raising is at.

For instance if my toon is at 0 z cord my interior decorator tool will let me raise an item to 9z cord before i get a too high message. If my toon is at 5 z cord it will let me raise 14zcord. So if i start creating a floor tile stair case to go up my toons z cord changes as i build it up.... The new tiles are not triggered to check from an interior decorator, they seem to only check when you are actually double clicking them or trying to move them with the cursor.

We will see if the server up at least checks these items. Ill let you know in the morning if my giant stair case crumbles at any point.

ALSO, just in case this publish goes live when im out of town. What is UO's exact policy towards handling a situation where someone is violating either the new customizing tiles or goza floor policy? What exactly will happen to the account, house, player if she or he is found to be too high or blocking to much? Is there an exact procedure or is it a case by case ruling?

They have said they can immediately delete them if they wish. As in the entire house.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have said they can immediately delete them if they wish. As in the entire house.
Which is kind of a silly kneejerk reaction considering that most of the time, extra goza floors can't even be seen till someone steps onto the property. A mass of floating vendors on the north and west walls could be a problem though.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Please show me where.
Ok it's a little vague and not as I remembered it in my mind....

"Hello Everyone,

GM's will not delete a house, I am the only one that does that. brianfreud2's house was already decayed when I was asked by a GM to come give my opinion as to why it was blocking house placement. As most of you know certain items will do that and will be fixed in the near future. The GM sent Brian an email asking him to remove the items himself, which she did not have to.

By the time we had any knowledge the house had decayed it was on the 93'rd day of non payment. I will look into the decay process to make sure nothing went wrong but, if anything that is the issue here. Once I have the results of this I will contact you Brian and let you know something.

I hope this clears a few things up."

But here he had a rubble house blocking... whatever. The GM sent the *player* an email saying remove the items. Also stating "The GM sent Brian an email asking him to remove the items himself, which she did not have to.". So she doesn't have to inform you if they decide to act on a house blocking whatever feature of the game. But we learn Mesanna can only drop a house. What they would have done with this players house is unclear, but it appears they intended to do *something* if the player didn't fix the situation. In the meantime the house reportedly collapsed on it's own lol. So I'm left with the impression they were going to do something, but with the house collapsing we'll never know what that was lol. So my above post was from memory and clearly not entirely correct. I regret the confusion. But in these situations where illegal height (etc) blocks vendors (etc) they appear prepared to do *something*. If that's delete some items, the house, or whatever is unclear how far they would go. Hope this helps.

PS *The player* above stated he had checked his house etc and they shouldn't have decayed. So either he's confused which is very possible, or they just went ahead and dropped the house and won't admit it lol

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How hard would it be to say you can or you cannot. As in a castle, keep, tower you can go 3 floors above the existing ones. Or one or two or none. Just say it.
While I am in this UO mood... when will the new banking be done? Before the Chessy fest or after?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok it's a little vague and not as I remembered it in my mind....

"Hello Everyone,

GM's will not delete a house, I am the only one that does that. brianfreud2's house was already decayed when I was asked by a GM to come give my opinion as to why it was blocking house placement. As most of you know certain items will do that and will be fixed in the near future. The GM sent Brian an email asking him to remove the items himself, which she did not have to.

By the time we had any knowledge the house had decayed it was on the 93'rd day of non payment. I will look into the decay process to make sure nothing went wrong but, if anything that is the issue here. Once I have the results of this I will contact you Brian and let you know something.

I hope this clears a few things up."

But here he had a rubble house blocking... whatever. The GM sent the *player* an email saying remove the items. Also stating "The GM sent Brian an email asking him to remove the items himself, which she did not have to.". So she doesn't have to inform you if they decide to act on a house blocking whatever feature of the game. But we learn Mesanna can only drop a house. What they would have done with this players house is unclear, but it appears they intended to do *something* if the player didn't fix the situation. In the meantime the house reportedly collapsed on it's own lol. So I'm left with the impression they were going to do something, but with the house collapsing we'll never know what that was lol. So my above post was from memory and clearly not entirely correct. I regret the confusion. But in these situations where illegal height (etc) blocks vendors (etc) they appear prepared to do *something*. If that's delete some items, the house, or whatever is unclear how far they would go. Hope this helps.

PS *The player* above stated he had checked his house etc and they shouldn't have decayed. So either he's confused which is very possible, or they just went ahead and dropped the house and won't admit it lol
Vague and UO? no.... Brians recent debacle with the UO staff is one of the main reasons why im trying to get anything exact out of them. The one thing i did get as an exact from @Kyronix turns out to be not so exact... go figure... :) Mesanna and her staff are the kings/queens of not being very specific, alluding to something that doesn't quite work the way they said it would, then blaming it on something else, then saying it was all intentional in the end.

I want it in writing and i want it now... :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
How hard would it be to say you can or you cannot. As in a castle, keep, tower you can go 3 floors above the existing ones. Or one or two or none. Just say it.
While I am in this UO mood... when will the new banking be done? Before the Chessy fest or after?
All I've read on these boards *somewhere* was the events related to the expansion will be wrapped up around the 29th of September. So I assume after that....

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Vague and UO? no.... Brians recent debacle with the UO staff is one of the main reasons why im trying to get anything exact out of them. The one thing i did get as an exact from @Kyronix turns out to be not so exact... go figure... :) Mesanna and her staff are the kings/queens of not being very specific, alluding to something that doesn't quite work the way they said it would, then blaming it on something else, then saying it was all intentional in the end.

I want it in writing and i want it now... :)
Yeah it seems to be a not a problem till it's a problem situation. I think they're just gonna shoot from the hip with this. Certainly check your emails weekly if concerned ;)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stairway to Heaven aside, quit giving out our decorating tips! It's hard enough now lol

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Stairway to Heaven aside, quit giving out our decorating tips! It's hard enough now lol
I don't mind share my decorating tips, I may even post pics from my castle, when we get it on Siege and I get some stuff done there :p

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've been posting pics of my test castle, which is public by the by and open for ppl to go visit if they want. I don't mind sharing my own decorating tips as well - is fun to see what ppl do when given a little bit of inspiration. :)

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mind sharing my own decorating tips as well - is fun to see what ppl do when given a little bit of inspiration. :)
How do you get the wall pieces to go on top of the existing Castle walls?

Thanks, Katrena

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you get the wall pieces to go on top of the existing Castle walls?

Thanks, Katrena
place a goza mat under wall using circle of trans. Raise the goza mat to the desired hieght. Place the object on goza mat and lock down. Destroy goza mat.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
place a goza mat under wall using circle of trans. Raise the goza mat to the desired hieght. Place the object on goza mat and lock down. Destroy goza mat.
May work with a floor tile too

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So they gave us wall sections and floor tiles we can't place without some magic goza thing? lol

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So they gave us wall sections and floor tiles we can't place without some magic goza thing? lol
Well, yeah.
Think of these as being similar to rubble deco - for they are dynamic items and NOT semi-static like fully custom housing.

Insofar as placing "on top the walls" - there is a bit of a trick to it all that I posted about here: http://stratics.com/threads/new-craftables-testing.348455/page-3#post-2590444
But I'll expand on that:

To place wall pieces on top of the walls on INTERIOR North and West walls, you need to place the goza on the GROUND as it will not place on an upper floor, for there is not floor to place it on. :)
Circle of Transparency in the CC is MUCH better than in the EC I'll say - you get a cleaner view and can adjust the radius as necessary.

Happy deco-ing!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well, yeah.
Think of these as being similar to rubble deco - for they are dynamic items and NOT semi-static like fully custom housing.

Insofar as placing "on top the walls" - there is a bit of a trick to it all that I posted about here: http://stratics.com/threads/new-craftables-testing.348455/page-3#post-2590444
But I'll expand on that:

To place wall pieces on top of the walls on INTERIOR North and West walls, you need to place the goza on the GROUND as it will not place on an upper floor, for there is not floor to place it on. :)
Circle of Transparency in the CC is MUCH better than in the EC I'll say - you get a cleaner view and can adjust the radius as necessary.

Happy deco-ing!
I find Broadsword increasingly annoying :p Thank you for the reply!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Nice, as long it is possible, I'm happy.

I'm starting doing the second floors in my castle with goza, I will then place floor tiles on them, when we get the public, raise them a little, remove goza and them lower the floor again. It will cost me some lockdowns in goza but only until I can replace the goza.

I won't start the 3th floor before we get the public, way to many goza/lockdowns.