• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 1 Time of legends

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The statement I left in the quote above, is extremely ignorant and arrogant. You assume anyone with expensive stuff cheats, which is entirely untrue. I am one of those people who owns one of the Luna houses with a lot of event items, some of which are into the billions. I have never once in the nearly 18 year history of UO used a script, duped, bought gold, sold gold, exploited, or cheated in any way shape or form. I also did not get many of the expensive items directly from the event (only about 5 out of the 150+ I own). I have them simply because after playing for nearly 18 years, gold builds up from various sources. The majority of my gold came from buying and reselling items, commission from my auction house (which has never once participated in any sort of bid inflation, scamming or fake bidding) and also from tips people have given me for helping them with things like shard transfers, or brokering their in game sales and duels. You assuming that all UO rich people cheat is extremely narrow minded and inaccurate.

You said you are a mathematician in real life, well, mathematics is based upon the principles of logic and proof, correct? In order for an equation or theory to be accepted as accurate it must first be logically proven. You cannot simply say your equation is correct "just because it is", you instead have to show and explain why it is correct.

You said that all UO rich people must have cheated in some way or bought gold, think of that as the equation, now prove it. If you cannot prove it then the statement is baseless and completely inaccurate. I know I have never done what you said I "must have done" in order to obtain the items, so your statement is automatically incorrect. If you think differently, then I challenge you to find and PM me any proof of me doing something against the rules of the game in order to gain gold or items. If you are not able or willing to do that, then posting here on the forum that you were wrong works too :)
My Friend,

You forgot to mention the items that people gifted you as they play or left the game because they respected you and knew you would place them into safe keeping for the community.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix or anybody else how many stable slots do we now get with the Taming mastery boost? I know about the two extra that everybody gets .

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like the new trading gump and something not mentioned is there's a new stats thing that appears when you mouse over players. Things like deaths and such.

EDIT: The status window has a section for gold. If all it takes is a command to check gold at a banker, I'd think it'd be easy to tie that reference to the same thing in your status menu.

Right now I find it hard to know how much gold I have on the TC without being next to a banker and asking for balance.

Last edited:

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix How should we report bugs/inconsistencies that we find? In Classic client, clicking the banker and using the Open Bankbox option pops up the currency conversion message again. Unclear if this is intentional... just saying bank doesn't do it.

It's repeatable.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the new trading gump and something not mentioned is there's a new stats thing that appears when you mouse over players. Things like deaths and such.

EDIT: The status window has a section for gold. If all it takes is a command to check gold at a banker, I'd think it'd be easy to tie that reference to the same thing in your status menu.

Right now I find it hard to know how much gold I have on the TC without being next to a banker and asking for balance.
Using the "open item insurance menu" of your character in CC still shows your total balance, even when not near the bankers.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It Doesn't seem like the conversion from checks to the current system was in no way aimed at preventing dupers from duping gold checks.... I mean seriously, don't you think the dupers would have enough sense to hold onto a large amount of checks so that they can just add them to their box as they dupe them but keep an original set? It was simply an easier way to allow for transfer of large purchases. In that sense I think the new system works quite well.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Easy enough work around, until the powers that be decide to make some changes.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix How should we report bugs/inconsistencies that we find? In Classic client, clicking the banker and using the Open Bankbox option pops up the currency conversion message again. Unclear if this is intentional... just saying bank doesn't do it.

It's repeatable.
If you are in the EC you can use the bug reporting feature, otherwise you can use [email protected]

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are seriously toxic and off topic. This is plain ridiculous.
Lord Frodo brought it up... a response is never off topic. That's why you replied... Old Vet, is it not? You're off topic as well... and attacking still. Frodo, Old Vet, and three others took my comments waaaay off topic. It's not my fault. Look at my original posts..... back to my original discussion of my analysis from reading the publish notes:

The new updates based on my current (needs a 5 month hazing period) analysis is...

1) Tamer's are going to get a ton of event items.
2) Castles are awesome (don't have one) and keeps suck... sucks to be me. lmao
3) Stealth/Ninja is the way to go for felucca IDOCs.
4) PvP sucks again, because I haven't even gotten use to the new, old.. wait... doubly old system now known as the "triply" old system yet. All of my armor suits are from 4 *major* patches ago... :p :p

Can't we just have a new land and new monsters... fully customize our castles/keeps (Is a good thing) without any additional updates? Armor and new skill masteries and a new bank gump... kind of take away from the feel of what Ultima has been for at least 8-9 years now. I hate scripters and $$$ sellers more than anybody... and Sangria explained to me the purposes... and while I agreed then, after thinking it over... how are these changes going to prevent money transfers to begin with.

They keep over powering stuff... it has become World of Warcraft... next update... lvl 90!!!! That's exactly what the new tamer and masteries are about... that's exactly what the new armor is about. They have turned it into a level grind in a way.... or armor grind more or less. There is no more RPG in this MMO if this path continues. People coming back expect Ultima, not Ultima, age of the frost king, get to lvl 90 now! :p That's my point ultimately... sorry my views differ from all of yours'. Maybe I should buy a better suit and then I wouldn't have to worry about it........

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think the various different aspects of the upcoming publish should be broken up into multiple threads and stickied so we could have a more fruitful and guided discussion about the individual topics.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix could you PLEASE take the Copy Char to TC off the timer for Char Xfers. I would love to Copy some chars over but 1 copy/xfer every 24 hours is a bit much. Copy to TC should NOT interfere with normal game play. Keep the Xfer the same and if there has to be a timer for copy then make it a separate of 1-2 hours apart.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So I should "play smarter... you said?" I'm a biochemist and mathematician in real life... and speak Japanese and English both, almost fluently. I received UCA's 2012 best foreign language speaker award... and type 275 wpm... My play is fairly smart.

I refuse to run scripts and submit to the levels that would make me seem to be a "smart" player. Maybe like the PvP speed hackers say, I should "buy a better suit." .....

Wonder if they mean r/l money or gold... as those scripters are probably the same scripters at the IDOCs to begin with... a game is a game. Stupid people who run a notepad script off of some website are "smart" though I guess...
There are plenty of mature and smart people in game and on Stratics.

However, being multi-lingual and WPM doesn't necessarily make one a smart or good player.

1 - (Reply to why all the hate on rich people) Because this game is about being smart and it should be equal. Someone should not win because they have a suit with 5,000 properties and perfect 20 lmc, 3 cf, 5 str, 5 dex, 10 stam, 10 mana, 10 lmc, 15 dmg eater, 99 resist pieces that they paid 175m for each. I'm sure that price will now go up significantly.

2 - I IDOC too... and have gotten about 600m worth the past few months alone... but I have yet to buy one event item. Now go walk down Luna and look at the houses with 1,000 event items each worth over 500m to 6b gold. Did those players get those items in a legit manner? I bet not, I bet every single one were using (young) scripters before the recent changes. One player comes (everyone knows them) and a gate opens and 30 (youngs) walk in and grab every event item exactly as the house falls. Yea... people got rich in a legit manner alright. So you either competed with those guys and somehow gloriously were better than a 0.01 second timed script or you bought gold, which you're talking about throwing in a million... r/l... so I dunno... "yea right, I know..."

3 - It's hard to get event items playing with people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to PvP playing against people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to want to play this game no more when you can't PvP and the main PvM is useless... everyone has powerscrolls and such already. The only thing left is items and events... and the rich win. Real life rich = UO rich, whether people admit it or not... sad but true.

(This was highly edited so as not to be removed... it was better, but ya' know.)
It's hard to get event items period. Although, I fully admit I get one every two or three weeks. I don't script. I don't have a billion dollar suit. I run a Mystic Mage Weaver that hits Word of Death hard and often.

EM events should be hard to get, not easy. But that's a separate topic entirely that has been beaten to death again and again. There is another thread on Stratics just created today about it.

Sorry for stating my credentials when someone told me to "play smarter and not kill mongbats." That said... I wasn't yelling at anyone about how smart I was... was I? I fail to see the analogy of your story... because after all, everything I said still stands. Like you said yourself... "people who have the money can buy their way to the top." That is Ludacris and absurd in every aspect of game mechanics and balance. It should not be allowed or condoned and every single person should look down on it instead of "accepting it." Sounds like you're defending it underhandedly.
Credentials?

Some of the best PvP players are 14 year old kids. They don't have all that much credentials other than being good players.

There are others who are very successful in the real world who are pretty bad at actual game play, but come here to Stratics and stay in UO for the community, decorating, so on and so forth.

So it's a moot point.

OP, I believe there are about 5 messages that should be deleted here as a result of personal attacks... as mine directed at Merlin was deleted this morning. People should be able to have views without the Vet/Pro club teaming up and insulting. My views are as good and more well founded than theirs, I assure you.
No one is "teaming up" or insulting you.

You have posted a lot of extremely critical posts, blazen with negativity and frankly not much to back it up. People are just pushing back against this, as well as how you have drawn all attention on this thread to yourself.

There are different records, and I never even "looked it up" to see that... but I wasn't exactly competing for the Guinness world records in the 10th grade bro, I was in typing class. I *DO* however hold my county and high schools fastest typing record still... and have the 206 WPM Award in my shoebox to prove it. That said there are different types of records, we did the "short burst" I guess. That said, I'm one heck of a typist. We did something like this guy below. I stand corrected on the Indian woman typing, guess that is just something some troll spouted out somewhere.

-Current online records of sprint speeds on short text selections are 290 wpm, achieved by Guilherme Sandrini

Funny how the rich people team up, likely all of them have a lovely home inside the walls of Luna... :p :p My home is in the forests... where the real players reside. My whole family plays UO... and from a veteran "player..." I won't say what I think of some of you because it will be deleted anyway. Some of you guys are cool as can be, love you guys. You know who you are! *bumps chest and sends love* :) :)
Chest bump, fist pump fo sho bro.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See my point? ^^^^^^^^ Merlin trying to bring up 20 different posts... should I stay on topic, or go off topic and reply to his points? Hmmmm... makes me kind of want to defend myself.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Derp.... as Merlin said.... he likes the new platinum too, he's got billions he said. But his suit isn't expensive or nothing... he said....

But when I reply about the new banking gump being ridiculously "tooony" and cartoonish looking, hoping the Devs might change it back... I get attacked for my views. When I mention the over powered armor is not good and helps the "elite" or the "rich" get event drops... I get attacked for my views.

Let's not forget that most of Stratics users are in the top 1-5% of all of Ultima anyway... I'm sure they'd have it no other way. It's the same as real life I guess... they cater to the 1% who's voices are the loudest.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the various different aspects of the upcoming publish should be broken up into multiple threads and stickied so we could have a more fruitful and guided discussion about the individual topics.
OUTSTANDING idea, makea seperate one for every Mastery.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok I am disappointed with the death ray spell. Not the damage output as that is pretty good. What I am disappointed with is the graphic that goes with it. With the depiction shown in the spell's icon, I was hoping to see something like this:

Because the hand position is the same, I was hoping to see an actual ray coming from my caster. Can this be changed?
Is it over 9000? :)

Hmmmm. I find some of the comments interesting. The 'oh why can't they just code different or recode this, etc.... I choose not to remain silent on those. To the folks saying or thinking that...

It is clear that the dev team inherited the code. Especially the Castle/Keep/Tower bits. If you have never done any coding, then your statements are understandable.

No, I do not think all opinions are valid and deserving of respect. Just not true.

I used to think some things like that about MMO's. Then I took my first few introductory programming courses. It can be difficult to debug your own code. And that is with a good compiler telling ya the problem is on this specific line. Coming behind another programmer**, and having to follow their work, which may have been written w/o good notation can be mind-numbingly man-hour intensive. Basically, unless you have detailed, expert knowledge of every single piece of code in a program or group of objects... debugging usually involves fixing something, and then hoping like hell it doesn't break something else. It may not be just changing how the castles are coded, it may then require re-tooling the portion of the code that deals with all the pretty pixels you have stored and locked down. Keep in mind, that a common tactic in the industry used to be using 'spaghetti logic', which in laymans terms means you write a functioning program that gets the job done for some company, but, they almost can't fire you, because no one else can understand the code.

By and large most of the complaints seem pretty harsh, and not just about the castles. You catch more flies with honey. Isn't there a more respectful way to air grievances? If I busted my ass to come out with the first part of the update, and then came to the forums and read some of this stuff, I would be offended, and probably say 'f you, im not fixing anything else', but then again, I have never been well suited for customer service :)

Disclaimer: The entirety of my programming experience is related to Numerical Analysis, estimating function values/error bounds, etc, and numerical solutions to Partial Differential Equations. Dabbled in OOP with C++. Fortran (because I know how to make it do exactly what I need it to, and it is fast) and MATLAB, I love them. But even debugging a program that is supposed to iterate a function I know intimately, and then make it show a perty lil graph, can be a serious pain in the butt. So I assume dealing with something much more complex, like an MMO, must be even more time consuming.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
1 - (Reply to why all the hate on rich people) Because this game is about being smart and it should be equal. Someone should not win because they have a suit with 5,000 properties and perfect 20 lmc, 3 cf, 5 str, 5 dex, 10 stam, 10 mana, 10 lmc, 15 dmg eater, 99 resist pieces that they paid 175m for each. I'm sure that price will now go up significantly.
2 - I IDOC too... and have gotten about 600m worth the past few months alone... but I have yet to buy one event item. Now go walk down Luna and look at the houses with 1,000 event items each worth over 500m to 6b gold. Did those players get those items in a legit manner? I bet not, I bet every single one were using (young) scripters before the recent changes. One player comes (everyone knows them) and a gate opens and 30 (youngs) walk in and grab every event item exactly as the house falls. Yea... people got rich in a legit manner alright. So you either competed with those guys and somehow gloriously were better than a 0.01 second timed script or you bought gold, which you're talking about throwing in a million... r/l... so I dunno... "yea right, I know..."

3 - It's hard to get event items playing with people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to PvP playing against people with 2b gold suits. It's hard to want to play this game no more when you can't PvP and the main PvM is useless... everyone has powerscrolls and such already. The only thing left is items and events... and the rich win. Real life rich = UO rich, whether people admit it or not... sad but true.
(This was highly edited so as not to be removed... it was better, but ya' know.)[/QUOTE]

Player skill, is assumed. But about suits, and stats and what have you... UO is, and always has been an item based game, as far as success in PvM and PvP. PvP has never been about being fair. Gang up on people. Use voice comms. You can have a 2B suit, and, I can put together a group, coordinate, and burn you down. If you compare yourself to someone with far better gear, especially one on one, you will always be disappointed. I have not done much PvP in UO, not since... oh 2005 anyway. In other games, if I find the same player pushing my sh*t in time after time, and I am not learning from it, I go find someone I can kill.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pet will get auto stabled regardless of stable limits.
Wish I had this when Blackthorn castle was new and I rode my Paroxysmus Swampy across the bridge to Blackthorn castle and he "autostabled". However, my stable slots were full (at the time I didn't know you couldn't take pets into Blackthorn's) so he went poof, along with 2 others in previous years I lost to Ilsh spawns by being dispelled by lich lords when I died.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And that's how it should be. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
No unfortunately that's not the game RG made. It wasn't even the game that existed when Imbuing and resistances were allowed... it was still fair. This is in no way fair Event or PvP wise. That's not how it should have been... but the rich disagree. Here's to you... playing with yourselves and the same 30 people every day, enjoy.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone going crazy trying to get the tooltips bothered to mouse over the lines of text rather than the buttons? That worked for me.

The reason for the conversion rate is based both on technical limitations for the values stored and also because we didn't want to entirely redefine how items were priced. For the vast majority of players past, present, and future, they will continue to use gold for the majority of their transactions. We didn't want to change that. Platinum only comes into play for those high value transactions which were previously cumbersome and difficult to transact.
Okay. Hmm.

What if all the platinum stuff only appeared if you had over 1b on the account? You know just make a copypaste of the gump sans platinum and call that version when the account is under 1b. That removes some clutter for the 95% of players who are never going to use platinum and hides the shock factor involved in tossing a "billions counter" out in front of everyone.

That three-paragraph "you have zero billions lol" NPC bark needs to go away, it's cumbersome and just terrible psychologically.

Balances on the gump for sure. And if the gump is going to appear whenever we open the box, then it needs to close by itself whenever the box closes. I'd still rather see it called via saying "balance" or maybe by clicking an unremovable "gold ledger" item inside the bank box.

And maybe add a withdraw button for the main gold account. I know everyone here knows to say "withdraw x" but that's some pretty basic functionality to make text-command only.

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uummmmmm, nevermind...
Hehehe, that wasn't supposed to go that deep, maybe originally... but not in the end. :) Merlin... reading comments on bestmmorpg2015's main page, the people discussing UO and Everquest and the other games entirely vindicate all of my arguments. They even coined a new term to it... it's not pay-to-play, it would now be referred to as "pay-to-win." Not to mention... back to what I was complaining about... tamers getting 30 hpr on pets for events and the new cartoonish, oversized style.... it's a no brainer why I should be complaining. Anyone who don't see it obviously has a lot more than time invested in this... I myself have thousands and thousands of hours of time... I'm one of those people who play every single day... but I'm not going to "pay-to-win."

Pay-to-win has killed this game the past year, I think. Devs please take note... but it's too late. My comments weren't meant to be so asinine at first, but the people who love the platinum per billion idea just disregard all over my comments... so oh well. To the highest bidder, auction time....

Spock bro, let's just have a cancellation of the banking system... case closed. Like someone said... the dupers are going to keep copies of 5-10 checks to dupe anyway... what's the point other than making buying items easier for the rich... like you said, not 95% of us........ more like 98% or so I would say.

I love Ultima Online... my wife's at the event now... so sorry for taking offense to changes in our game. After all, our money has built it over the past 18 years too.... no? It's pay-to-win because the elite cried a lot I'm guessing. Then the Devs come up with reasons for this and that that end up boiling down to making 0 sense at all... and come to find out, it is so people can buy 2b gold items more easily.... nothing to do with dupers at all.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Is it over 9000? :)

Hmmmm. I find some of the comments interesting. The 'oh why can't they just code different or recode this, etc.... I choose not to remain silent on those. To the folks saying or thinking that...

It is clear that the dev team inherited the code. Especially the Castle/Keep/Tower bits. If you have never done any coding, then your statements are understandable.

No, I do not think all opinions are valid and deserving of respect. Just not true.

I used to think some things like that about MMO's. Then I took my first few introductory programming courses. It can be difficult to debug your own code. And that is with a good compiler telling ya the problem is on this specific line. Coming behind another programmer**, and having to follow their work, which may have been written w/o good notation can be mind-numbingly man-hour intensive. Basically, unless you have detailed, expert knowledge of every single piece of code in a program or group of objects... debugging usually involves fixing something, and then hoping like hell it doesn't break something else. It may not be just changing how the castles are coded, it may then require re-tooling the portion of the code that deals with all the pretty pixels you have stored and locked down. Keep in mind, that a common tactic in the industry used to be using 'spaghetti logic', which in laymans terms means you write a functioning program that gets the job done for some company, but, they almost can't fire you, because no one else can understand the code.

By and large most of the complaints seem pretty harsh, and not just about the castles. You catch more flies with honey. Isn't there a more respectful way to air grievances? If I busted my ass to come out with the first part of the update, and then came to the forums and read some of this stuff, I would be offended, and probably say 'f you, im not fixing anything else', but then again, I have never been well suited for customer service :)

Disclaimer: The entirety of my programming experience is related to Numerical Analysis, estimating function values/error bounds, etc, and numerical solutions to Partial Differential Equations. Dabbled in OOP with C++. Fortran (because I know how to make it do exactly what I need it to, and it is fast) and MATLAB, I love them. But even debugging a program that is supposed to iterate a function I know intimately, and then make it show a perty lil graph, can be a serious pain in the butt. So I assume dealing with something much more complex, like an MMO, must be even more time consuming.
Is there some point to this? Is it people are harsh on the devs? Might be a reason for that.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No unfortunately that's not the game RG made. It wasn't even the game that existed when Imbuing and resistances were allowed... it was still fair. This is in no way fair Event or PvP wise. That's not how it should have been... but the rich disagree. Here's to you... playing with yourselves and the same 30 people every day, enjoy.
Are you for real? I have been playing for 18+ years and UO has always been somewhat an Item Based game, Guess you never had Vanq or Silver stuff before. Age of Shadows turned UO into a total item based game which came LONG before Imbuing. UO always had the haves and havenots and it always will. Why do you think GOLD sold on EBay for well over $100 a mil and Castles went for $2,000+ but you would know nothing of that because the way you speak of UO you were most definitely NOT there.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hehehe, that wasn't supposed to go that deep, maybe originally... but not in the end. :) Merlin... reading comments on bestmmorpg2015's main page, the people discussing UO and Everquest and the other games entirely vindicate all of my arguments. They even coined a new term to it... it's not pay-to-play, it would now be referred to as "pay-to-win." Not to mention... back to what I was complaining about... tamers getting 30 hpr on pets for events and the new cartoonish, oversized style.... it's a no brainer why I should be complaining. Anyone who don't see it obviously has a lot more than time invested in this... I myself have thousands and thousands of hours of time... I'm one of those people who play every single day... but I'm not going to "pay-to-win."

Pay-to-win has killed this game the past year, I think. Devs please take note... but it's too late. My comments weren't meant to be so asinine at first, but the people who love the platinum per billion idea just disregard all over my comments... so oh well. To the highest bidder, auction time....

Spock bro, let's just have a cancellation of the banking system... case closed. Like someone said... the dupers are going to keep copies of 5-10 checks to dupe anyway... what's the point other than making buying items easier for the rich... like you said, not 95% of us........ more like 98% or so I would say.

I love Ultima Online... my wife's at the event now... so sorry for taking offense to changes in our game. After all, our money has built it over the past 18 years too.... no? It's pay-to-win because the elite cried a lot I'm guessing. Then the Devs come up with reasons for this and that that end up boiling down to making 0 sense at all... and come to find out, it is so people can buy 2b gold items more easily.... nothing to do with dupers at all.
Pay to win is apart of real life, and should thus be apart of UO.

This isn't RG's game anymore. This isn't 1998.

Life isn't fair. Best to learn that lesson ASAP.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the end of the Pac event just now... based on how all items were relocated to the bottom left... I'm 80% sure someone just ran a loot script on the boss. That's hilarious... now I wasn't there... but based on what I was watching when my wife and 5 others tried to loot it after everyone else recalled back and the items appeared on body from everyone.... someone ran a loot script. That's absolutely hilarious.

See the problems with the new item system Devs? The hidden stealthier is still going to have a young guy there invisible run up after the boss dies and stand there just waiting to run a loot scripts... (All rings, All bracelets, anything with over 12-13 properties.) Guess who's going to sell those items on the forums (don't even have to show up here now as evidence, can sell for 400m in game now) and sell gold on a website.

Everything Sangria told me about the reasons must have been false. What's up Sangria... I thought the banking system was suppose to stop the website sellers?

Are you for real? I have been playing for 18+ years and UO has always been somewhat an Item Based game, Guess you never had Vanq or Silver stuff before. Age of Shadows turned UO into a total item based game which came LONG before Imbuing. UO always had the haves and havenots and it always will. Why do you think GOLD sold on EBay for well over $100 a mil and Castles went for $2,000+ but you would know nothing of that because the way you speak of UO you were most definitely NOT there.
I do remember that now... and accounts selling for $500. The thing is people were happy with small brick houses even... and everyone could buy a power katana for 20k and a vanq. for 40k, and a vanq. silver katana for 80k. It was easy to get that.... now with the event items and legendaries and script runners.... debate me on topic a little, Frodo?

This isn't RG's game anymore. This isn't 1998.

Life isn't fair. Best to learn that lesson ASAP.
And Merlin... you just seem a little too righteous about that... wondering if you just finished the event too? I bet so.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everquest AND tamers getting 30 hpr on pets for events and the new cartoonish, oversized style.... it's a no brainer why I should be complaining.
Two things that say it all
Everquest, LOL, you are more than welcome to go back there and stop trying to get us to believe you have been here from day one, your account may be that old but you are not.

Guess you forgot the super nerf to Tamers when pet control slots came in and Tamers couldn't show up with 5-6 Draggies in tow or the big nerf to GDs because all the non Tamers whining. It's about time Tamers got some of the love back.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two things that say it all
Everquest, LOL, you are more than welcome to go back there and stop trying to get us to believe you have been here from day one, your account may be that old but you are not.

Guess you forgot the super nerf to Tamers when pet control slots came in and Tamers couldn't show up with 5-6 Draggies in tow or the big nerf to GDs because all the non Tamers whining. It's about time Tamers got some of the love back.
Exactly... nothing to say about what I said... you can't debate me on point at all. "Look over there!" Everyone knows you have no argument and the 95-98% are right.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disagree. I believe the reward should match the effort put in. "Pay to win" should not be part of the game simply because it exists in real life. We should strive to do better than that.

That being said, I don't believe it is fair or right to lump all of those who have worked hard, spent their time and dedication to the game and thus achieved those rewards to then be accused and "persecuted" simply because they have those rewards. Not that it matters but I am riding on about 75 mill right now, but I don't hold a grudge against the player who has 10 billion. I could achieve the 10 billion too should I want it enough to earn it.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the end of the Pac event just now... based on how all items were relocated to the bottom left... I'm 80% sure someone just ran a loot script on the boss. That's hilarious... now I wasn't there... but based on what I was watching when my wife and 5 others tried to loot it after everyone else recalled back and the items appeared on body from everyone.... someone ran a loot script. That's absolutely hilarious.

See the problems with the new item system Devs? The hidden stealthier is still going to have a young guy there invisible run up after the boss dies and stand there just waiting to run a loot scripts... (All rings, All bracelets, anything with over 12-13 properties.) Guess who's going to sell those items on the forums (don't even have to show up here now as evidence, can sell for 400m in game now) and sell gold on a website.

Everything Sangria told me about the reasons must have been false. What's up Sangria... I thought the banking system was suppose to stop the website sellers?

I do remember that now... and accounts selling for $500. The thing is people were happy with small brick houses even... and everyone could buy a power katana for 20k and a vanq. for 40k, and a vanq. silver katana for 80k. It was easy to get that.... now with the event items and legendaries and script runners.... debate me on topic a little, Frodo?

And Merlin... you just seem a little too righteous about that... wondering if you just finished the event too? I bet so.
Loot is not shared. It is divided to those who meet the requirements. A loot script provides no benefit to event boss loot.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LMAO IMHO debating you about what UO is and use to be is like debating a child. OH OH I remember that now. LMAO Post whatever you desire. We still know the real truth. You are so far off on those prices it is funny and it proves that YOU WERE NOT THERE.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well yes and no. Back in the Vanquishing days you really couldn't buy your way to victory. There really wasn't much to buy. It was really timing and luck. Usually the victory went to the person that had the element of surprise. Which was more important your karma or using poison? Timing of the potion used. It really wasn't like it is today where you really can buy victory if that's the important thing to you. I miss those ebay days though. 400 bucks for a mage tower paid for my 3 accounts for a year. That was the moment when the wife thought I wasn't completely nuts glued to the game all the time, lol. The more complex you make things like PvP the less that participate. There just becomes more and more factors till only the most dedicated bother to keep up with it. At least that's what happened to me. I have another game for the PvP thing that is pretty basic and really fun so if I get the urge I can get my kicks there. But UO was never a "fair game" and usually back in the day it was about 5 reds come zooming in and kill ya in about 10 seconds. When you came back with your buddies they were long gone. Very rarely was there ever a one on one duel or any of that. UO has never really had a grip on PvP. But to circle back UO really has become heavily reliant on items and the good stuff is pricey. It's a real turn off to new players. But whatcha gonna do, just gonna ride it out as it winds down.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New map
Loot is not shared. It is divided to those who meet the requirements. A loot script provides no benefit to event boss loot.
That's 100% false. You get 8-15 items based on the damage you yourself did, my wife got about 7 good ones. Then about 2 minutes later ALL items appear on the boss from the players who did not check it, well over 200 items or so. I couldn't tell because I wasn't there, but watching from 3 foot away beside my wife, but someone definitely ran a loot script this time. They did not the other day... guess they "got smarter." That's funny... reminds me of someone telling me to "play smarter" and "buy a better suit."

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
At the end of the Pac event just now... based on how all items were relocated to the bottom left... I'm 80% sure someone just ran a loot script on the boss. That's hilarious... now I wasn't there... but based on what I was watching when my wife and 5 others tried to loot it after everyone else recalled back and the items appeared on body from everyone.... someone ran a loot script.
Since when does everything stacked in the bottom left indicate a script was run?

When I loot out a treasure chest I always pull things I don't want to a corner.

I'm not not sure but that seems a bit over reactive to me.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the new castle/keep stone stuff is nice if, does it decay when they fall? it better lol. also shift/control, will bring up bars for every piece that is placed ? please make carpet and goza decay when place drops. it is free so would just like to know and maybe improve things ty

edit, please someone reply about the new stone stuff decaying or not when place falls thanks lol

still no reply anyone lol.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's ok though, I really don't care about being one of the "rich.." I gave up on event items and just hope to get them from IDOCs now. For that I do want to say a major thanks to the Devs. And in regards to the new expansion...

1 - New land mass rocks, new animals... awesome...
2 - Castle and keep decorating rocks.

3 - New weapon masteries... dislike, too complicated... too many options....
4 - Changing the art of vital parts like the bank and trade window... unbelievably horrible... horrendous.... absurd...

Those are just my takes on it. I wanted to end with my own constructive criticism without complaining about how tamers are going to get event items now b/c of 30 hpr pets and 30 MR, 87 sdi, 30 fire eater, 18 dmg eater, 20 hpr, 55 lmc suits combined with spellcasting/pets.... That aside, those 4 points are my rating of the expansion just for help... I know it's still on test... well except that ugly trade window. I haven't even been to the bank today, I haven't even logged in aside from giving a rune to my wife, that's when we noticed the crazy tiny, ugly, trade window.... my wife screamed. She likes stuff "cute" like the old sheep design... the new ones in 3d and the statues are very, very ugly. :p That's my rating of the expansion though. Sorry for being sour all... I do encourage all to read my comments and learn what people are upset about though.... it's common sense to some.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
still no reply anyone lol.
I would hope so... but Goza's don't so I wouldn't think so honestly. It's actually better for IDOCs though I have come to find out, I always snag stuff off the top ropes easier. :) :)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New map

That's 100% false. You get 8-15 items based on the damage you yourself did, my wife got about 7 good ones. Then about 2 minutes later ALL items appear on the boss from the players who did not check it, well over 200 items or so. I couldn't tell because I wasn't there, but watching from 3 foot away beside my wife, but someone definitely ran a loot script this time. They did not the other day... guess they "got smarter." That's funny... reminds me of someone telling me to "play smarter" and "buy a better suit."
So you are saying that after the corpse went public, loot disappeared quickly off of an event boss with tons of people there? Buddy, when I run Ararat with four other people, after the corpse goes public, the loot disappears quicker than you can say Captn Norrington and I know for a fact that none of them are running loot scripts. Multiply that times 25 and you will get an almost immediate departure of items from an event boss where 100 people are all trying to loot the recently made public corpse.

The first two minutes however, every player who has met the damage dealt, damage healed (and now damage taken) gets their own corpse to pick items from. Someone else cannot swoop in and take those items until the corpse goes public.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can type 1 platinum words per minute.....

Seriously though 1 billion gold equalling 1 platinum is absurd and really needs to be changed. I can maybe understand some technical difficulties with something like vendor search (no honestly at this point I really can't), but there should be absolutely no technical issue with a more reasonable and practical conversion.

Most transactions occur on a million gold basis, not a billion. I realize we aren't going to be dragging checks anymore but seriously devs polish to edges a little bit here. I also realize this isn't the biggest issue in UO but this sort of exemplifies why forums like this blow up with anger. And common, the same devs have been running UO for several years now - is old code REALLY still gating them from adding a simple feature like making 1 mil = 1 plat. This is getting kind of exhausting....

Love UO. Hope the expansion turns out great. Masteries seem cool. Sure hope part 2 of TOL is a bit more intriguing. Thanks for making it free, devs.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Disagree. I believe the reward should match the effort put in. "Pay to win" should not be part of the game simply because it exists in real life. We should strive to do better than that.

That being said, I don't believe it is fair or right to lump all of those who have worked hard, spent their time and dedication to the game and thus achieved those rewards to then be accused and "persecuted" simply because they have those rewards. Not that it matters but I am riding on about 75 mill right now, but I don't hold a grudge against the player who has 10 billion. I could achieve the 10 billion too should I want it enough to earn it.
A lot of people, like me, do in fact enjoy the "wild west" aspect UO has to offer. This include "pay-to-win", thieving, the rougher aspects of PVP, the robust economy, so on and so forth.

To paraphrase Bonnie: 'Win any way you want to win'. Pay to win was not excluded. It's not a negative aspect of this game, or any, that pay to win is apart of them. In a game like this that is like 18 years old, it is very hard for newbies to get started and really compete. Most new players don't have the patience to play for years just to get up to that level. They will lose their patience, and move onto anothe game or form of entertainment. Pay to win is an option to atleast be competitive and feel good about yourself in game in a relatively short amount of time. And for that reason, I hate to say it but pay to win is a significant part of the future of this game. There is nothing wrong with doing it

But I understand where you're coming from we just have different perspectives ;)

On another note - please do see my other post about possibly splitting up threads related to the new publish and putting some stickies up for what will likely be a lot of various discussions on the public testing of the upcoming expansion.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since when does everything stacked in the bottom left indicate a script was run?

When I loot out a treasure chest I always pull things I don't want to a corner.

I'm not not sure but that seems a bit over reactive to me.
I have no idea... but I was watching her screen and it made me wonder because there were only 5 people there or so on top waiting... but I have saw that same thing happen at IDOCs 1000 times over, every item in the chest located in the bottom left. I wasn't even playing, and I would have been able to tell... I know nothing happened at the big event last week because I was there and got a few greater artifacts myself (about 15 or more... no legendaries though.) Glad the Devs fixed the IDOCs, that rocks big time for item collectors like me. And for that I am sorry... I like the new item system, but just am unwilling to put in the time and spend the money to PvP with those guys who already have it. So in that sense... it is unfair. Even all of you arguing said that same thing. "Life's not fair." I agree... some people did not get a computer ever. It's all moot points like you guys said; and guys' I argue about every expansion. So sorry to everyone... (yes I threaten to quit every time.) It just sucks so bad though.... PvP is more out of reach now and the trade window became uglier??? I just can't get over why??? :p That aside, sorry for being mean. And thanks for taking it in stride all...