• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 1 Time of legends

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Animal Taming

• Whispering – The animal tamer attempts to guide their pet on the path of skill gain, increasing the pet’s skill gains based on the tamer’s animal taming skill, animal lore skill, and mastery level. This ability function similarly to a scroll of alacrity.

• 100% AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ten::pint::heart::smooch::ymca:

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding
  • All existing player-owned gold and checks that were located in the player’s bank box have been added to the player’s currency account on the shard
Can you clarify if this means 'player' as in person/entire account account, or character?

All the gold for the individual characters on an account gets rolled up into one lump sum :(

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Here's a pet peeve of mine while I'm on a roll, lol. It *appears* they stole art again, this time from the King's Collection and the turn in program. For example you'll be able to make lamps now that I saved like crazy for to get from the clean up program. Once fairly rare, now useless common junk. Is it really that hard to create art for a new item? Judging by the holiday gifts of late maybe it is, lol. "Hey I'll take that 4 foot coffee pot and that neon colored house plant that leans sideways!". But just like when you drink a cup of coffee now you get a ceramic mug. Ceramic mugs were uber rares and now they're worthless. At the very least put replica after them if your gonna trash the rares market again. Or better yet actually make some new stuff, Change the color and name a little, something. Thank you for you valuable time ;) Stratics is cheaper than therapy :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It keeps coming up about how much money one has. Click on your tune. Click item insurance menu. Right there it says exactly how much you've got and you don't even need to be anywhere near a bank. Real handy when out shopping.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anybody notice the Spellweaving masteries? Specifically the one that lets you boost your Focus level like everyone has asked for? Yippee!
@Kyronix could you clarify what it means that single players won't get circle bonus? I'm guessing it means the +1 for the WBB circle only applies if you've got more than 1 weaver?
I think it means that a single player will be able to cast Arcane Focus again, but it will always be a Level 1 Focus, regardless of mastery level.

EDIT: re-reading the publish notes more carefully, I think that you are correct - a single Arcanist with level 3 Mastery can get a level 4 Focus by himself, but he can't get to level 5 using the WBB circle.

Need to test on TC1 to be sure...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It keeps coming up about how much money one has. Click on your tune. Click item insurance menu. Right there it says exactly how much you've got and you don't even need to be anywhere near a bank. Real handy when out shopping.
That works until you reach a billion, I copied some gold over to TC to test. Same goes for the house placement tool method.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
BTW kudos to Kyronix for walking into the Lion's den :p Here's what I'm wondering. Okay so I check and I have 2 million gold. I put one million into a "transfer account" or whatever. How do I know how much is in the "transfer account" now other than writing everything down. I get it that I can check how much I have. But is it the same for these different accounts? Does it read out or something how much I have stashed in these different accounts? I assume if I move a million into a different account it's no longer available to me in my general account to spend. OMG this is so intuitive lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
That works until you reach a billion, I copied some gold over to TC to test. Same goes for the house placement tool method.

A billion gold I've never had to worry about having since '97 ;) But good point, thx! I've had 200-300 million but I believe in circulating that gold through the economy :p

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can also alter what you choose to hunt for humility. Who said you need to hunt Greater Dragons? The humble person might rather go hunt lizard men.
Gaining Humility, is going to be a hell of a lot easier for Archers and Throwers to gain, than melee. Just "Lum Lum Lum" and start killing Miasma, Thrasher, Hiryus, or AOLs while staying out of melee range.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

So that's when you convert the billion into platnium...does that show up on the insurance menu?

At least you know you have a billion plus! lol

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW kudos to Kyronix for walking into the Lion's den :p Here's what I'm wondering. Okay so I check and I have 2 million gold. I put one million into a "transfer account" or whatever. How do I know how much is in the "transfer account" now other than writing everything down. I get it that I can check how much I have. But is it the same for these different accounts? Does it read out or something how much I have stashed in these different accounts? I assume if I move a million into a different account it's no longer available to me in my general account to spend. OMG this is so intuitive lol
When you say balance it tells you:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So that's when you convert the billion into platnium...does that show up on the insurance menu?

It shows as platinum when you say balance but as gold in the insurance/house tool menu.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

Yeah before now if it was over a 175 mill it was pointless. You'd need a broker or something to even buy it. Can't wait to see what the uber rares and equipment will go for now. Should be interesting.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome, thank you. Soon as I figure out what all that stuff means that'll be super lol
Bank balance is the balance on that shard for all of your characters on that account.

Transfer balance is like a holding account. So if I did a transfer to another shard the gold in the transfer account would go with me.

Escrow balance is the gold I can transfer to the wall safe which is a house add-on. Anyone who has access to the house add-on can add/remove gold.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is legal or no make room with goza cause i see

• There are limits to the maximum elevation these crafted items can be placed. Players found to be exploiting these limits will find themselves subject to GM action.
    ????
I make all my goza floors same level as a 4th story house ...years ago you could have 7 levels of goza floors but they restricted the height ..I think now you could get a 5th floor if you wanted But I don't want to waste my time By having a GM tell me to take it down ...You can set up gozas to have a open 3rd & 4th floor on castles that are 32x32 which is great if you like to use the display cases to show off your Rares. I think they will be able to go as high as the goza are able to go ....I have yet to go to the TC & check it out though

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Bank balance is the balance on that shard for all of your characters on that account.

Transfer balance is like a holding account. So if I did a transfer to another shard the gold in the transfer account would go with me.

Escrow balance is the gold I can transfer to the wall safe which is a house add-on. Anyone who has access to the house add-on can add/remove gold.
For the love of God make that a sticky! :) They're supposedly hiring dev team members on the log in page. Maybe you could try for that? :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a pet peeve of mine while I'm on a roll, lol. It *appears* they stole art again, this time from the King's Collection and the turn in program. For example you'll be able to make lamps now that I saved like crazy for to get from the clean up program. Once fairly rare, now useless common junk. Is it really that hard to create art for a new item? Judging by the holiday gifts of late maybe it is, lol. "Hey I'll take that 4 foot coffee pot and that neon colored house plant that leans sideways!". But just like when you drink a cup of coffee now you get a ceramic mug. Ceramic mugs were uber rares and now they're worthless. At the very least put replica after them if your gonna trash the rares market again. Or better yet actually make some new stuff, Change the color and name a little, something. Thank you for you valuable time ;) Stratics is cheaper than therapy :p

Thanks for the sig line!!! LOLOL :thumbsup:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I make all my goza floors same level as a 4th story house ...years ago you could have 7 levels of goza floors but they restricted the height ..I think now you could get a 5th floor if you wanted But I don't want to waste my time By having a GM tell me to take it down ...You can set up gozas to have a open 3rd & 4th floor on castles that are 32x32 which is great if you like to use the display cases to show off your Rares. I think they will be able to go as high as the goza are able to go ....I have yet to go to the TC & check it out though
I believe that on the top floor of a castle or keep or on the highest floor you can build on a custom house, you can only go one-deep with most, if not all, of the new stone items and I believe you might also not be able to raise them with the interior decorator tool when you're on that top floor of the building. I believe you might have more flexibility, however, for stacking or using the interior decorator tool with most of the new stone pieces on the lower floors.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
For the love of God make that a sticky! :) They're supposedly hiring dev team members on the log in page. Maybe you could try for that? :p
If you mouse over each one it says this in game...

upload_2015-8-27_12-12-31.png

Don't understand why people are finding this so difficult to understand

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If you mouse over each one it says this in game...

View attachment 35487

Don't understand why people are finding this so difficult to understand
It;s just super wordy and a lot to take in all at once. It's overly complicated. Not even counting it's a part of the system that will be seldom used but thrown in your face every time you open your bank. You get the impression this is something you REALLY need to understand. For the most part it isn't all that necessary. Sure a week after it's in place we'll probably all be on board. But ya gotta look at it from a new players perspective. This game just gets more confusing and complicated and that will turn off a new player in seconds. If your fresh off the boat into UO it can be a real chore tracking down information when people don't even know what Stratics is. Just saying. That gump should only come up when directly requested. It's for wall safes and transfers only right? That's not a day to day kinda thing. I wonder what a new player will think when he drops his gold in the bank and it disappears lol

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it means that a single player will be able to cast Arcane Focus again, but it will always be a Level 1 Focus, regardless of mastery level.

EDIT: re-reading the publish notes more carefully, I think that you are correct - a single Arcanist with level 3 Mastery can get a level 4 Focus by himself, but he can't get to level 5 using the WBB circle.

Need to test on TC1 to be sure...

Arcane Focus testing (on the arcane circle in my house as there isn't the bonus one at WBB):

LVL1 Mastery on circle alone = 1 Arcane Focus
LVL2 Mastery on circle alone = 2 Arcane Focus
LVL3 Mastery on circle alone = 3 Arcane Focus (4 hour duration)
LVL3 Mastery with one other on circle = 5 Arcane Focus (6 hour duration)
LVL3 Mastery with two other on circle = 6 Arcane Focus (7 hour duration)
LVL3 Mastery with three other on circle = 6 Arcane Focus (8 hour duration)
LVL3 Mastery with four other on circle = 6 Arcane Focus (9 hour duration)

no additional benefit to having more than 5 stand on the circle.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested out some Taming and Archery Masteries.

The "Whispering" Mastery of Animal Taming, is ridiculous. At 120.0 Taming/120.0 Lore real, it gives 95% chance for a pet's skill gain to be between 0.2 - 0.5. "Combat Training" gives the option to give your pet "Empowerment", "Berserk" or "Consume Damage", which i haven't been able to figure out exactly what those do yet, need more testing.

The "Flaming Shot" Mastery is interesting. I can't quite tell if the damage is fixed, or based upon your bow damage, since damage numbers aren't popping up when i use it. It has about a 10 second cool down with 120 Archery/GM Tactics. The "Playing The Odds" Mastery, is utterly ridiculous. At 120 Archery/GM Tactics, it halves my Bow Range, while increasing my party's HCI by 45%, and their SSI by 30%. It lasts for 1 minute, and has a 1 min, 30 second cooldown, so a 2/3 uptime. It's OP as balls.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are the stats on a summon reaper @ LVL3 mastery and 120 med/120 SpellWeaving. I cast one with 0 meditation and the stats were pretty much the same.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here are the stats on a summon reaper @ LVL3 mastery and 120 med/120 SpellWeaving. I cast one with 0 meditation and the stats were pretty much the same.

Wft good is a stationary reaper with 0 magery and eval?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wft good is a stationary reaper with 0 magery and eval?
Seriously dude you just made me spit out my coffee. You have an excellent point but it does have an area affect and I think maybe you drag a mob close to it and invis so it targets the reaper?

OK I just tested it, the area affect doesn't do much damage but it pulled me closer to the reaper so it could hit me. Also it must have un-displayed spellweaving as it WoD'd me. It also cast wildfire.

This would be very interesting for choke points during spawn fights.

Sadly it was easy to dispel even with that make summons tougher passive ability and arcane empowerment cast.

Correction: I couldn't dispel using the dispel spell but it dispels first time every time with mass dispel which is all I ever use in PvP anyway.

Last edited:

Anna Goodward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hmm.. without the intention to make anyone feel insulted.. but. Seriously? This whole expansion has nothing I'd even consider paying a cent for.
The publish note reads like another nail into uo's coffin :( - My disappointment is no longer measurable.

Good: Virtues seem to get completed; Ugly castles and keeps like in castle ville on Europe will have a chance to look less ugly
Bad: Everything else. Basically overcomplicating the game even more, and bringing valueloss/overprizing to a new level of fastlane

*cries*

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Feeling somewhat overwhelmed at the moment. :confused2:
With a lot of testing and reading posts on here, hopefully things will make sense to me more and more with time, so I can apply this knowledge into my game play.
At the moment, I cant help but feel that "Less Is More" Simplifying things rather than taking it to the extreme, for example this huge gump of a banking window is to the "Extreme"
I can just imagine how a new young player account must feel......"much to learn"

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the thing. If I buy an item it doesn't say duped on it. Someone has 50 million of my gold and I get a deleted item? If they couldn't track gold before they sure can't track it now. So who got burned in this situation?
Yes, its possible that you could buy a duped item, but its not that likely, and no more likely than right now I wouldn't imagine. The thing with duped rare items it's fairly easy to tell (someone selling a bunch of some rare item), and they do seem to have some ability to track duped items. Most important factor is that duping can't effect inflation any more, which is nice a positive. Checks were impossible to trace because they were turned into legit gold moments after they were made.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Want to mention that we still haven't had a chance to run around Eodon. While I'm not interested in the banking changes, masteries, or house mods, I do hold out that there will be new tameables, mobs, stealables, and artifact drops. Any home run in those areas is a win for me. *crosses fingers *

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. without the intention to make anyone feel insulted.. but. Seriously? This whole expansion has nothing I'd even consider paying a cent for.
The publish note reads like another nail into uo's coffin :( - My disappointment is no longer measurable.

Good: Virtues seem to get completed; Ugly castles and keeps like in castle ville on Europe will have a chance to look less ugly
Bad: Everything else. Basically overcomplicating the game even more, and bringing valueloss/overprizing to a new level of fastlane

*cries*
You haven't seen the whole expansion yet - only the first installement. The money thing seems complicated at first, but it's not really.
Think of the positives. You see an item you want to buy - don't have to worry about whether you're on the char that has all the cash. They can all access it. Go to buy cloth for bandages and you forgot to bring any gold? np, don't need cash on you. Vendor needs paying? Don't need to cart cash to him. Paladin needs to tithe? Don't need to cart cash.
How many lockdowns will be freed up in your chars' bank accounts when all those checks stop taking up all the space?
Need to pass gold to your alt account? Use a wall safe.
If you don't like the masteries, don't use them. Your char will be no worse than it was before.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also alter what you choose to hunt for humility. Who said you need to hunt Greater Dragons? The humble person might rather go hunt lizard men.
Evil mages. This will be the easiest way to max this out. Highish fame, one hit kill. Liches are only one or two hit kills too with less but still ok fame.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Want to mention that we still haven't had a chance to run around Eodon. While I'm not interested in the banking changes, masteries, or house mods, I do hold out that there will be new tameables, mobs, stealables, and artifact drops. Any home run in those areas is a win for me. *crosses fingers *
Well theres two new tames, we know that, one seems very likely to be low end (tiger) other seems very likely to be high end (dragon turtle) and hard to get (drops from boss).

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feeling somewhat overwhelmed at the moment. :confused2:
With a lot of testing and reading posts on here, hopefully things will make sense to me more and more with time, so I can apply this knowledge into my game play.
At the moment, I cant help but feel that "Less Is More" Simplifying things rather than taking it to the extreme, for example this huge gump of a banking window is to the "Extreme"
I can just imagine how a new young player account must feel......"much to learn"
Yeah, they really could have done a better job on the bank gump. There should be a diamond on or to the side of your regular bank box gump that opens up that kind of menu so you don't have to look at it when you don't need it, and I am also a person who would like a visual total of my gold.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have an odd feeling if I dropped by Broadsword with a check for 5 million dollars I could get a castle that looks exactly like mine does now where I could knock down walls. Do you really think we can put men on the moon but it's impossible to redesign a computer game castle? Old code is a problem??? Really??? Make new code. That's what they are suppose to be doing, code. The feeling I get is they, and you, don't trust their ability to do it right. That I understand. But if it were me I'd come up with a better story than our developers don't understand the code or have a clue how to fix it cause that sounds really really bad.... Here's an idea. Castle turns into a 24x24 plot. You only have the 24x24 plot option if you replacing a castle. Then we build a castle on it with all those nifty little pieces they have from house customizing. OH MY GOD I DID IT. Never worked in the gaming industry in my whole life....
"Can technically do" and "can practical do" are obviously different... It's clearly an involved issue (or why not just do it) and I feel like since most people don't have a castle or keep or tower, that time is better spent elsewhere, and you can be happy you got anything at all. The stairs and doors if nothing else seem like a very nice add on.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the mastery book and it will show a list of all the abilities. It works just like a spell book.
Every time I try to activate a mastery it just spits back "You are not on the correct path"

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every time I try to activate a mastery it just spits back "You are not on the correct path"
Did you eat the mastery primer thing? They are in the bags with the mastery book.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "Playing The Odds" Mastery, is utterly ridiculous. At 120 Archery/GM Tactics, it halves my Bow Range, while increasing my party's HCI by 45%, and their SSI by 30%. It lasts for 1 minute, and has a 1 min, 30 second cooldown, so a 2/3 uptime. It's OP as balls.
Holy cow.... I like it. For ONCE they didn't go under powered. :D An organized group with 2 archers could really do things with those boosts.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody notice the Spellweaving masteries? Specifically the one that lets you boost your Focus level like everyone has asked for? Yippee!
@Kyronix could you clarify what it means that single players won't get circle bonus? I'm guessing it means the +1 for the WBB circle only applies if you've got more than 1 weaver?
You can test your effective focus level up to 4 level casting summon fey.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had the same message. I used the Parry book, in case that matters.
If you hover over the book, it will tell you what *path* you're on.

In my case, I am using Animal Taming.A single left-click will give you the option to change masteries
upload_2015-8-27_14-5-26.png

Currently I only have taming and magery since I am on my mage tamer

upload_2015-8-27_14-6-11.png

Once on this page, simply select which mastery it is you wish to utilize...
upload_2015-8-27_14-7-2.png

And your book will update accordingly.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A note about the wall safes:

You can place more than one wall safe in your house.

Each wall safe has it's own independant balance.

Each wall safe has it's own security setting.

So you can have a wall safe set to owner, a wall safe set to co-owners, and a wall safe set to friends. Really handy.
(although on further thought, a wall safe set to owner only is kind of pointless.)

Now I need to test to see what happens to the gold in a wall safe when the house drops.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone seen an explanation on how to get the various mastery stuff once this goes to production shards? Will they be drops? Will we just buy them from an NPC?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Holy cow.... I like it. For ONCE they didn't go under powered. :D An organized group with 2 archers could really do things with those boosts.
Then test poison with a bow, you can now add poison to any bow