• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.2t

• Updated for the latest client version.
  • Updated the hue id list for the new pigments.
  • Updated the weight of "Damage Eater" property.
  • Added the "Item Properties Info" button to the paperdoll and the character sheet:
    • This button open a window where you can see a list of all the active properties.
    • Each property in this window provide a detailed information of what it does.
    • The search row allows you to search informations about a specific property (you can also type a partial name if you don't know the full name).
    • This tool replace the new "Items" tab into the character's abilities.

Sorry Dermott there are more lines to update :D

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Version 5.2t

• Updated for the latest client version.
  • Added the "Item Properties Info" button to the paperdoll and the character sheet:
    • This button open a window where you can see a list of all the active properties.
    • Each property in this window provide a detailed information of what it does.
    • The search row allows you to search informations about a specific property (you can also type a partial name if you don't know the full name).
    • This tool replace the new "Items" tab into the character's abilities.

Sorry Dermott there are more lines to update :D
did you already upload it? my patcher is sticking?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now is up, this time I've re-uploaded the whole package to refresh the health of every file :p

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.2t
Latest version breaks object handles. When I press ctrl-shift I only see a few npc and monster names, no objects.
Restarted with default UI and ctrl-shift works fine. Start with Pinco's UI and it's broken.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Latest version breaks object handles. When I press ctrl-shift I only see a few npc and monster names, no objects.
Restarted with default UI and ctrl-shift works fine. Start with Pinco's UI and it's broken.
I have reported this to pinco as a bug

N

Nitewalkr

Corpses also blank for me. Works with default UI.

Ctrl-shift for corpses does not work either. Again works with default UI.

D

Dashiel

I find it very interesting how quickly I have become addicted to Pincos UI. I played classic client since 1997, but after less than a week with Pinco's I find myself desperately awaiting the fix for the blank packs and corpses! Way to go Pinco, you've ruined me in the most appreciated way!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it very interesting how quickly I have become addicted to Pincos UI. I played classic client since 1997, but after less than a week with Pinco's I find myself desperately awaiting the fix for the blank packs and corpses! Way to go Pinco, you've ruined me in the most appreciated way!
the fix is up by about 10 hours, and here is not the place for bug reports so you all should thanks the people who report it in the right place :p

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got a super newbie question bout this program. Lots of folks had told me to get this program because of the ability to load vendor packs using the EC so that it looks as those with the old client will see stuff properly.

I started the download and it looks like it's going to take hours to complete. So my question is: since this is really the only reason I thought I would use this program, is it worth it? I guess I have second question: can I still use the EC without Pinco after I've installed it?

Thanks in advance!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
got a super newbie question bout this program. Lots of folks had told me to get this program because of the ability to load vendor packs using the EC so that it looks as those with the old client will see stuff properly.

I started the download and it looks like it's going to take hours to complete. So my question is: since this is really the only reason I thought I would use this program, is it worth it? I guess I have second question: can I still use the EC without Pinco after I've installed it?

Thanks in advance!
my opinion is yes its worth it, but for many reasons other than just that, also yes you can still use the default but i suggest trying pincos to get a wide array of EXTRA options

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.2u

• Added the "Quick Hotbar" settings:
    • You can set/un-set a quick hotbar by right clicking in any hotbar.
    • You can have only 1 quick hotbar.
    • When you set a quick hotbar, it will disappears.
    • The quick hotbar became visibile when you use the action "Toggle Quick Hotbar". By using that action, the hotbar appears near your mouse cursor.
    • Clicking a slot of the quick hotbar, it will automatically toggle it. Using an hotkey DO NOT toggle it.
    • When the quick hotbar is visible can be edited like any other hotbars, but can't be moved around.

D

Dashiel

the fix is up by about 10 hours, and here is not the place for bug reports so you all should thanks the people who report it in the right place :p
I saw it was fixed when I logged on! I hadn't played since the night before my post so I was unaware. As for bug reporting, I did submit through the in-game bug report, so I guess I can thank myself too!

Do you take suggestions here? If so, I would like to suggest a quicker corpse looting system. Unless I have my settings wrong, it appears as though I need to either use the "loot corpse" function which auto loots only gold and regs, or I need to drag items from corpse to backpack. When running normal EC I single click 1st item to loot or just double click the rest to loot. Would be nicetodo that in Pinco's UI if possible. When farming Shame I want to quickly loot only armor and items and leave gold and regs, and with monsters attacking while I am visible, the quicker the better.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw it was fixed when I logged on! I hadn't played since the night before my post so I was unaware. As for bug reporting, I did submit through the in-game bug report, so I guess I can thank myself too!

Do you take suggestions here? If so, I would like to suggest a quicker corpse looting system. Unless I have my settings wrong, it appears as though I need to either use the "loot corpse" function which auto loots only gold and regs, or I need to drag items from corpse to backpack. When running normal EC I single click 1st item to loot or just double click the rest to loot. Would be nicetodo that in Pinco's UI if possible. When farming Shame I want to quickly loot only armor and items and leave gold and regs, and with monsters attacking while I am visible, the quicker the better.
the in-game bug report tool is for game bugs and all that reports goes to EA and not to me :D

as for the auto-loot already esist. Just use an organizer or the vacuum for all the opened corpses. Read the guides to learn more about agents :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the last mini patch I've added the toggle for UO Mapper. If you don't use it, just disable this feature since it has a huge disk usage :)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the last mini patch I've added the toggle for UO Mapper. If you don't use it, just disable this feature since it has a huge disk usage :)
How do I toggle it off before it uses up all my disk space?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is not burning disk space. Basically it communicate with the game through a log file. This log file is written at every step of your character...
let's just say that in 1 second you can do 3 steps so if you are running your hd will start to read/write as fast as light and if your disk is not fast enough you can have some trouble (like a little lag).

nothing dangerous, but if you don't use mapper is just wasted resources :p

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how the EC and Ultima Mapper talk to each other is less efficient than how UO Cartographer did it? If so, you should message MadMartyr and help him streamline the interface...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how the EC and Ultima Mapper talk to each other is less efficient than how UO Cartographer did it? If so, you should message MadMartyr and help him streamline the interface...
is almost the same, but the file of cartographer is used also for other purpose and the writing has been optimized...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco would it be possible to add the titles/descriptions into the roof tiles like they have in 2d? I noticed that when I was building a house for a friend that if you mouse over rooftiles in the EC nothing shows up. Just wondering if that's something you can add or if that has to be the DEV's.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco would it be possible to add the titles/descriptions into the roof tiles like they have in 2d? I noticed that when I was building a house for a friend that if you mouse over rooftiles in the EC nothing shows up. Just wondering if that's something you can add or if that has to be the DEV's.
Like in CC you must click the tile to get the info...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with the latest mini patch, now you can see the effective weapon speed (near the weapon speed) and the DPS (near the weapon damage)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.2v

• Revised the graphic style of certain elements:
    • Mobile Bar, Dockspots and Pet Bar cannot be scaled anymore. Now they take the scale of the healthbars.
    • Mobile Bar, Pet Bar and Durability Bar, now shows their name under the arrow when they are close.
    • Set a new default scale for the map, paperdoll and containers in order to looks less bulky at the first startup.
    • Mobile Bar, Dockspots, Pet Bar and Durability Bar now do not snap on healthbars anymore.
    • Improved the aspect of Mobile Bar, Dockspots, Pet Bar and Durability Bar.
  • Added an experimental fix that should reduce the "naked people" bug and avoid the "empty" bars under the mobiles if you don't have an healthbar or current target.
  • The object handle window now is visible by default.
  • The object handle window now can be locked.
With this version the first impact of the UI on new users should be less traumatic, also the mobile/pet/durability bar should be more user friendly :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.2z

• Now you can set a text for the hotbars (just right click the white arrow on the handle to set the text). The text will take the color of the handle.
  • The chat area now can be resized up to 100x150 pixel instead of 100x200 pixel.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.3

• Added the "Alpha Mode":
    • The alpha mode allows you to make transparent almost any window by using your mouse wheel.
    • The alpha mode CANNOT be used with the scale mode. If you enable one the other will be automatically disabled.
  • Now the scale of the durability bar will be loaded correctly.
  • Added a context menu into the Character Sheet in order to quickly switch between the properties category (like for the action window).

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Started getting lag after playing for a while and got over 300 for Registered properties. I'm only maybe 3 updates behind for the UI.

With the latest version I have improved the UI in order to avoid lag and crash.

There still few bugs in the client that could cause problems:
- Invisible (sometimes visible) mobiles stucked in the play area (visible also by using target next).
- Misc data stucked. Sometimes the client refuses to remove some data from the memory.

If you want to make some tests here is what can you do:
1) play for a while (30-60 minutes)
2) open the debug window and enable the log
3) type in chat: /script EnhancePack.CountWinData()

Then you will see the following data:
Registered Names: should match with the number of mobiles in the visible game area.
Registered Items: should match with the number of items of all the container currently open.
Registered Properties: should be always at 0.
Registered Containers: should match to the number of containers currently open.

Registered Paperdolls: should match to the number of the open paperdolls + 1 if the current target has a paperdoll.
Registered Status: should match to the number of the healthbars + 1.

Actually if you get number higher than the ones I've described, means that the client is starting to store useless data. If the numbers goes far over 100-200 (then depends on your computer) you starts to lag.
The higher those number goes, the higher will be the chance to crash.
On the latest version of the UI, I've limited the useless data as much as I could, but still the client keep generating it (99% less than the previous UI versions).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Started getting lag after playing for a while and got over 300 for Registered properties. I'm only maybe 3 updates behind for the UI.
the latest client patch have broken many things... data is not removed correctly , dynamic objects do not shows corpses anymore.
The data stored makes lag and also cause several problems like healthbar not updating correctly, durability bar not updating at all, etc...

Maybe in 1-2 years will may see this fixed :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.4

• Improved the writeable books: now they shows the contents like in CC.
  • The game area now can have a different size for every character.
  • Added the "All Release" action into the "Pet Commands" category:
    • This action allows you to release all the summoned creatures (only the one that can actually be released).
    • The creatures with a space in their name will be renamed before release, so it will take an extra second to be released.
  • The locked down signs now will shows only the message like it was before.
  • Added the action "Set Security" into the "Communication" category:
    • This action allows you to automatically set the security level on an item.
    • When you use this action you must target the item.
  • Added the "Auto-Hide" option to the hotbar context menu:
    • If enabled, the hotbar will disappears after 1 second if you don't have the mouse over. It will reappera when you pass the mouse cursor over the hidden area.
    • If you have used the "alpha mode" on the hotbar, your custom value will be the default one.
    • All the hotbars with the auto-hide enabled, will disappear on login.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure where to put this comment and I CERTAINLY don't want to offend anyone, especially Pinco who has created an amazing UO add-on.

I wanted to give an update to my extremely simple problem I had: I love the enhanced client but could not load up vendors with it. I accidently discovered a "Legacy" tab in my user settings on the enhanced client. I clicked that and selected "legacy containers". When I do that, it shows the old bag, chest, monster and vendor containers as you would see them in the old client. Problem solved. I use the enhanced client 100% of the time now.

I'm sure eventually I'll get around to downloading Pincos but wanted people who might have been searching for an answer to this simple problem to see my resolution.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the new auto hide feature, going to make my screenshots of event so much easier. :) :thumbup:

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Improved the writeable books: now they shows the contents like in CC.
Now I don't need anymore to switch to the CC to write in-game reports for EM events.
You have officially removed the last reason I had to use the CC.
Congratulations :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I don't need anymore to switch to the CC to write in-game reports for EM events.
You have officially removed the last reason I had to use the CC.
Congratulations :D
the latest client patch also fixed the problem of the books not readable with CC so there is no point of going on CC to write now :D

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you ever tried the SHIFT + A button? :p
Nope and i just tried it and it do nothing. :)

I just found what you mean, its Left Alt+Left Shift + Q ..... :)

Now you tell me ;)

But still prefer your new option, i want to keep a eye on my health and stuff while i'm in combat at a event. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope and i just tried it and it do nothing. :)

I just found what you mean, its Left Alt+Left Shift + Q ..... :)

Now you tell me ;)

But still prefer your new option, i want to keep a eye on my health and stuff while i'm in combat at a event. :)
The button may change based on your configuration...
yes, remove everything sometimes it's not a good idea :D

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the security action and book skin, Pinco! :)

Is there any way to make the "author" field in the books editable?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. Just tried it again, you're right.. yay on that front!

However, entering text into books is STILL screwed up :( You can keep typing below the page numbers, and the book doesn't "auto-flip" to the next page to let you continue writing - pasting text into a book doesn't work either as you can only paste to the first page. *sighs*

If you use the CC to try to READ what was typed in the EC, it is ALL on one line which scrolls off the page. For books where you tried pasting text, there may be multiple lines, but they all scroll off the page.

I'd really been hoping Mythic had actually fixed books. Whatever the "fix" was, it was crap.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. Just tried it again, you're right.. yay on that front!

However, entering text into books is STILL screwed up :( You can keep typing below the page numbers, and the book doesn't "auto-flip" to the next page to let you continue writing - pasting text into a book doesn't work either as you can only paste to the first page. *sighs*

If you use the CC to try to READ what was typed in the EC, it is ALL on one line which scrolls off the page. For books where you tried pasting text, there may be multiple lines, but they all scroll off the page.

I'd really been hoping Mythic had actually fixed books. Whatever the "fix" was, it was crap.
I did all I can, but is not a book problem, just the textbox that is not finished and do not respect the designed area.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you did looks great Pinco, don't get me wrong. Without you, the EC would be a hideous mess.

I'm just frustrated thats books have been near unuseable in the EC for 3 years. :thumbdown:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you did looks great Pinco, don't get me wrong. Without you, the EC would be a hideous mess.

I'm just frustrated thats books have been near unuseable in the EC for 3 years. :thumbdown:
at least on CC they can read it if you write it properly in the area :)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to make energy fields, para fields and poison fields and walls lie very low to the ground with an EC user interface? So as to give an advantage in pvp when fielding,

Is it possible to make houses not load and just be flat with an EC interface? So as to give an advantage in pvp when fielding.

Is it possible to make the spell animation for "invisiblity" spell last for a duration of 2 minutes with an EC user interface? Then you could tell where someone is hidden without tracking.

Is it possible to automatically trigger a trapped box with an EC user interface upon paralisation?

Is it possible using an EC user interface for a heal spell to be delayed when trying to heal a target that cannot currently be healed due to poison or mortal? So as to give a pvp advantage.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to make energy fields, para fields and poison fields and walls lie very low to the ground with an EC user interface? So as to give an advantage in pvp when fielding,

Is it possible to make houses not load and just be flat with an EC interface? So as to give an advantage in pvp when fielding.

Is it possible to make the spell animation for "invisiblity" spell last for a duration of 2 minutes with an EC user interface? Then you could tell where someone is hidden without tracking.

Is it possible to automatically trigger a trapped box with an EC user interface upon paralisation?

Is it possible using an EC user interface for a heal spell to be delayed when trying to heal a target that cannot currently be healed due to poison or mortal? So as to give a pvp advantage.
none of this can be done...
most of them are pretty lame too and I wouldn't add it anyways...

oh and to be precise:
you can't target ground by script.
you can't change the house loading.
you can't change the spells animations.
you can't use items by script.
you can't cast spells by script if not in the left click event of the healthbars, but still you must face the default spells limitations forced server side.

If someone can do that is because has modded the cliente exe file.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that the books should be readable in CC if you press ENTER at the end of each line in the EC, going to a new line manually instead of letting the EC wrap the text automatically.
Unfortunately, I only found out that the text was not wrapping correctly after typing a 20-page report for an EM event :(
I'll have to write the report from scratch tonight...

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the UI still work with UO Cartographer? I can't get it to track me, nor can I find the checkbox associated with it... :(

I don't plan on switching to Ultima Mapper until it has all the same functionality and it's maps don't look like crap.