• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Issue with hotbars

For some reason i cannot locate where these hotbars are in my user details in order to deleate them.

Oddly enough, when i right click on them, i dont get the option to deleat them either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
trash the profile that is totally screwed up :D

Now the reset button in the user settings will do the work :p

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted two bugs to your board Pinco, waiting to be able to grab a screenshot of the mass poison messages to post a third...

Also, can the spell casting time "buff" please get a toggle? Personally, I don't care about the time and the icon constantly blinking on and off with the particle effect is highly distracting.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I posted two bugs to your board Pinco, waiting to be able to grab a screenshot of the mass poison messages to post a third...

Also, can the spell casting time "buff" please get a toggle? Personally, I don't care about the time and the icon constantly blinking on and off with the particle effect is highly distracting.

Fortunately for the blinking there is a toggle. Please find it under Pinco's UI Tools... and uncheck that box.

Glad to be of service.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Progress is being made on an updated version of Copper Textures, once I get them complete and make sure they work with the new (again) updates I'll get them (Copper and Third Dawn) ready for upload.

Looks like Copper is going to be the "lighter" of the two in terms of necessary XML coding tweaks, so in theory should be more readily update-able in the future.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Looks like I have Copper Textures done and ready to go, It may just be my system but the User Interface system in the EC is a bit odd... if I wipe out old interface folders, the client does NOT seem to remove those folders in the Custom UI menu, also reusing "test/build folders" tends to cause weirdo errors from time to time as well. Either way, I've updated both texture packs, now to update Pinco's UI to the current version and make sure they all play well together.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Both packages: Copper Textures 3.0 and Third Dawn Textures 3.1 have been tested with 5.2b and uploaded to Pinco's site for approval!

A

anvira

Pinco - Party ignore sharing will not shut off

Help!!!

Im spamming the heck out of my guild/partymates and it Will not shut off!!!

Even when i check it multiple times.....

*Cries*

Help me, they're all hating on the Pinco!

:(

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: Pinco - Party ignore sharing will not shut off

Help!!!

*Cries*

Try backing up your character files (find your account folder names and copy them to somewhere), then deleting the contents of your user data folder. Then copy the account folders back into that folder. If you need more details I believe the info is further up in this thread (not too far).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Help!!!

*Cries*

then disable that features, why keeping it active if your friends are not using the pinco's UI?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

here is cute feature available on the next version:

• Now if you track something/someone with the tracking skill or just with the command "Start Tracking" on your boat, you will see the usual arrows and a marker on the map for each target.

A

anvira

Try backing up your character files (find your account folder names and copy them to somewhere), then deleting the contents of your user data folder. Then copy the account folders back into that folder. If you need more details I believe the info is further up in this thread (not too far).
Ok, so I (backed up - deleated the offending character file). Then I copy/pasted it back into the account folder.

Restarted UO. Still having the same issue. (I ONLY deleated the ONE character file, should I have deleated ALL in that folder?)

Noticed a few posts back that the Third Dawn texture pack had been fixed? (I'm using that, maybe that's causing the problem?).

Would it be easier to just un-install the UI and start over w/o the texture pack?

Would hate to have to do that since I :heart: using that texture pack, but.....

Any help/comments on what I might have done wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

A

anvira

then disable that features, why keeping it active if your friends are not using the pinco's UI?
Trying to disable the feature Pinco, that's the problem!

When I hit the checkmark, it shows as if it's disableing, but then it continues.

Have tried Llewen's suggestion, might have to move on to the re-instal.

On another note, just curious if this is a new feature or something is off. Whenever I hit the 'apply' button from the UI control panel, it kinda locks up the client and then closes, opens the backpack.

Thanks for all the help/input, I really do enjoy using your UI, it's AWESOME!!!!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

hitting apply should not close the ui and open your backpack! sounds to me like something is corrupt whether its character profiles or the whole ui I am not sure!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Trying to disable the feature Pinco, that's the problem!

When I hit the checkmark, it shows as if it's disableing, but then it continues.

Have tried Llewen's suggestion, might have to move on to the re-instal.

On another note, just curious if this is a new feature or something is off. Whenever I hit the 'apply' button from the UI control panel, it kinda locks up the client and then closes, opens the backpack.

Thanks for all the help/input, I really do enjoy using your UI, it's AWESOME!!!!
actually there is a bug that reload the UI when you apply the settings...

however, using texture packs just breaks up the UI, you must use the version uploaded yesterday of the texture pack in order to avoid it...

A

anvira

OIC!!

I'll DL the new version of the texture pack tonight when I get home and see if that helps!

Thanks a million :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5.2c

• Fixed an issue with the containers that prevents to see the correct image of the items when it change (like mesages in a bottle).
  • The new chat now will keep the chat data through sessions (the data will be stored for each character separately).
  • Fixed a bug that force the UI reload when apply new settings.
  • Fixed the "Show Spells" option for the new chat that seems broken.
  • Now you can toggle the spell casting buff and the spell speed info from User Settings -> Pinco's UI -> Enable Spell Speed.
  • The spell casting buff now will not trigger the buff/debuff warning effect.
  • Now if you track something/someone with the tracking skill or just with the command "Start Tracking" on your boat, you will see the usual arrows and a marker on the map for each target.
  • Fixed the weight on pack animals.
  • Added the "Ship Tracking" and "Stop Ship Tracking" actions into the "Boat Commands" category.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Small unwelcome change, or possibly a bug with how the radar map is being sorted; it used to be that when you locked the two different sized versions in place, they would remember where they were last time, so you could have the small one safely tucked away top right, and the larger version in the centre if you wished, and they'd reposition as you flipped between the two.

Now it seems that locking it into place means that both maps have the exact same upper left corner location, so when you expand to the full size version, and you were top right in small version, it stays there and half the larger version disappears off screen :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Small unwelcome change, or possibly a bug with how the radar map is being sorted; it used to be that when you locked the two different sized versions in place, they would remember where they were last time, so you could have the small one safely tucked away top right, and the larger version in the centre if you wished, and they'd reposition as you flipped between the two.

Now it seems that locking it into place means that both maps have the exact same upper left corner location, so when you expand to the full size version, and you were top right in small version, it stays there and half the larger version disappears off screen :(
you have the problem of some others, just empty the user data folder then restore your characters profile only.

A

anvira

Heya Pinco, thanks for whatever you did with the update!

Fixed the backpack/apply bug as well as the party ignore sharing :)

Thank you thank you!!!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you have the problem of some others, just empty the user data folder then restore your characters profile only.
Thanks again, I did a purge of that folder and a complete Pinco reinstall, and it seems to be fixed.

However! It did help me find a definite, and Pinco only bug! I've attached a screenshot below;

The two quest givers here break the Questing gump, Queen Zhah and the bloke to her right. If you click them to get the quest, nothing appears. However if you then check your quest gump, the quests have been given to you automatically, and do appear (bottom two quests in the list there, Journey & Ritual), but you can't open the quest information with the right arrow as the gump crashes again.

However, all the other quests shown can be read, and can be taken. Later parts in the same quest arc (Gubbix for instance) can offer you their quests. But these two crash it every time. I've done a clean reinstall as mentioned, and also switched off Pinco and tested it in the Classic Client, and it's only inaccessible in the current Pinco quest gump.

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
5.2c

• The new chat now will keep the chat data through sessions (the data will be stored for each character separately).
Every character of mine which I play more and more seems to be taking progressively longer to log into. I have a hunch that this particular change is what may be causing it. I went ahead and tested it on another computer just to make sure it wasn't my system and was able to repeat this issue. Please allow for us to be able to disable this feature. Thanks Pinco!!!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every character of mine which I play more and more seems to be taking progressively longer to log into. I have a hunch that this particular change is what may be causing it. I went ahead and tested it on another computer just to make sure it wasn't my system and was able to repeat this issue. Please allow for us to be able to disable this feature. Thanks Pinco!!!!
yes, made it unlimited was a foolish idea :D
next version will save only 50 rows per character so with 100 characters = 5000 rows in total...
Actually is something unlimited * 100 = insane :gee:

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Pinco. I honestly don't mind little mistakes like this. The fact that you go to such lengths to add little details like this is much appreciated. Besides, you have always fixed any issue in lightning fast time.

PLEASE, apply to EA and work on the UO team! I can speak for all of us in that you would be an incredible asset to the Mythic team for the EC!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
so for now deleting the chat log file should improve things?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Ok, so I (backed up - deleated the offending character file). Then I copy/pasted it back into the account folder.

Restarted UO. Still having the same issue. (I ONLY deleated the ONE character file, should I have deleated ALL in that folder?)

Noticed a few posts back that the Third Dawn texture pack had been fixed? (I'm using that, maybe that's causing the problem?).

Would it be easier to just un-install the UI and start over w/o the texture pack?

Would hate to have to do that since I :heart: using that texture pack, but.....

Any help/comments on what I might have done wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)
What you should have done is backed up your character files ("[your documents folder]\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\[account names]"), then deleted the entire contents of the "User Data" folder, then restored the "[account names]" folders to the inside of that "User Data" folder. All the folders you deleted will be restored next time you log into your account and you may have to reconfigure some of the global settings, but for the most part everything will be as it was, only hopefully working this time.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats wrong with the paperdoll backgrounds, are they gona get fixed? it wasnt necessary at all to change them tbh, is there a way to turn them back to black? ty

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats wrong with the paperdoll backgrounds, are they gona get fixed? it wasnt necessary at all to change them tbh, is there a way to turn them back to black? ty
there was a request for that and there will be a toggle on the next version...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5.2d

• Fixed a bug that prevents certain counter and buff to work correctly.
  • Improved the new chat history, now it can store only 50 lines (per character) between each session
  • Added the default object targeting. This feature works exactly like the pet targeting, but it works for mobiles and items.
  • Fixed the item search, now it works properly.
  • Added to User Settings -> Pinco's UI the option "Enable Paperdoll Background" that allows you to toggle the background image on paperdoll.
  • Improved the overhall performance.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what has happened now?

1 char all hotbars completely gone and its is acting like a new char, camera zoom all messed up ALL my setting gone

another char i cannot double click my vendor anymore so i cannot see what he is carrying etc

all are trying to create a new tools hotbar even though for over a year i have custom ones

it is a complete mess

so how do i revert to previous versions when everything worked ok?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what has happened now?

1 char all hotbars completely gone and its is acting like a new char, camera zoom all messed up ALL my setting gone

another char i cannot double click my vendor anymore so i cannot see what he is carrying etc

all are trying to create a new tools hotbar even though for over a year i have custom ones

it is a complete mess

so how do i revert to previous versions when everything worked ok?
this is a problem with your profile -> READ

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry Pinco, none of that stuff makes any sense, what happened to all my settings after I installed YOUR latest update

new chat folder did nothing

makes no sense to me

as per your link, i do have a grey bar bottom left, that i did not want, i have a new bar with backpack etc i did not want, new taskbars created EVERY LOG IN ON ALL CHARS i did not want, cannot double click vendors that i did not want

i Enjoy most of the new updates you spend hours creating, but i DO wish that they are not FORCED on me and that IF i want to i can select, i do not like my game invaded and changed without my wanting or understanding

again, one of my profiles gone COMPLETELY no macros, no hotbars, no nothing, this is not good

so in SIMLE terms, how is this fixes

the newchat winder deletion did NOTHING

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since downloading the latest version....

1. A new hotbar is created for me that contains user settings, the war/peace shield and backpack. I cannot destroy this one.

2. A new, empty hotbar is created below my main one on the lower left. I can neither destroy it nor move it.

3. I cannot go into animal form on my thief. It says I cannot use this ability right now, even if I select it from the Ninjitsu spell book.

4. The splash screen music track plays all the time no matter where I am.

5. If I open User Options and change settings neither the Okay, nor Apply buttons work nor are my settings saved. I have to close this dialog box using the upper righthand corner X.

6. My war/peace shield is no longer where it was, to the right of my avatar/healthbar display.

I have disabled the Pinco UI and can now play this character though I am still left with the hotbar described in point number 2 above.

From Ansel on your link

ALL this, how do i get rid after i installed YOUR update

and why did YOUR update do all this?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since downloading the latest version....

1. A new hotbar is created for me that contains user settings, the war/peace shield and backpack. I cannot destroy this one.

2. A new, empty hotbar is created below my main one on the lower left. I can neither destroy it nor move it.

3. I cannot go into animal form on my thief. It says I cannot use this ability right now, even if I select it from the Ninjitsu spell book.

4. The splash screen music track plays all the time no matter where I am.

5. If I open User Options and change settings neither the Okay, nor Apply buttons work nor are my settings saved. I have to close this dialog box using the upper righthand corner X.

6. My war/peace shield is no longer where it was, to the right of my avatar/healthbar display.

I have disabled the Pinco UI and can now play this character though I am still left with the hotbar described in point number 2 above.

From Ansel on your link

ALL this how do i get rid after i installed YOUR update

and why did YOUR update do all this?
I'm playing with the same version and all is working fine, and the same is for many others.

The problem is the texture pack (again) that seems not compatible with the new version.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok, so is it best that i download the older version of your interface for now? if so can you link me to an older version pls

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its best that you use the new version and leave the texture pack out if you want full use of the ui with no problems

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its best that you use the new version and leave the texture pack out if you want full use of the ui with no problems
ok, lets pretend i have no idea how to "leave the texture pack out" and show me what to do

everytime i update it seems to be a real ball acher, then when it works its great, makes me not want to upgrade anymore

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, lets pretend i have no idea how to "leave the texture pack out" and show me what to do

everytime i update it seems to be a real ball acher, then when it works its great, makes me not want to upgrade anymore
texture packs are risky to use since can breaks the whole UI (like now).
So when you install the UI, if you want to use a texture pack, copy the UI folder and use the copy for the texture pack, so you have always the original version without install it everytime...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
uninstalled pinco ui
and downloaded and installed fresh

no icon pack

still have grey hot bar and the back pack hotbar on 1 char, lost all presvious hotbars etc on the another char still

SO NOT FIXED

now what?

how do i get rid of all the crap detailed above?

ie, how do i get the ui the same as YESTERDAY before i wasted time upgrading, so, no code or cryptic talk, i want yesterdys ui working

how is this done please?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
5.2d absolutely no use to me whatsoever, wish i never updated, so like above i require assistance reverting back to older version and the removal of all the litter that came with the new version and the restoration of all previous settings

was using a 5.1 version, yesterday, so let get me back there please

game at the moment totally unplayable

obviously this can be done.......

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5.2d absolutely no use to me whatsoever, wish i never updated, so like above i require assistance reverting back to older version and the removal of all the litter that came with the new version and the restoration of all previous settings

was using a 5.1 version, yesterday, so let get me back there please

game at the moment totally unplayable

obviously this can be done.......
that's because you keep installing texture packs.

just install the ui and keep as it is and it will works as it should.... there is no way back.

to do what I said, just press the uninstall button, delete the pinco's UI folder and install it from the beginning.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this is what i do....

i read this page and seeyou have an update

i right click on the UI patcher icon and run as administrater

it does its thing, i load the game

that is IT

so, tell me how to correct this problem as highlighted above

grey hotbar box i cannot get rid of
creating menu on ALL login
complete profile gone on 1 char
cannot click on vendor

this all happened AFTER what i have mentioned above

anything i do with this interface is which your instructions, and of course mant icq and messages here

i have NO understanding of this sorta stuff, i dont tinker with or change to mess with anything, cos i have no idea how to

so again, how do i get rid of 5.2d and go back to how i had it set 2 days ago

UI unplayable......

i have uninstalled and reinstalled UI what now?

how do i get rid of tectures that you showed me how to setup over a year ago?
and what is he point of having it if it does not work?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is what i do....

i read this page and seeyou have an update

i right click on the UI patcher icon and run as administrater

it does its thing, i load the game

that is IT

so, tell me how to correct this problem as highlighted above

grey hotbar box i cannot get rid of
creating menu on ALL login
complete profile gone on 1 char
cannot click on vendor

this all happened AFTER what i have mentioned above

anything i do with this interface is which your instructions, and of course mant icq and messages here

i have NO understanding of this sorta stuff, i dont tinker with or change to mess with anything, cos i have no idea how to

so again, how do i get rid of 5.2d and go back to how i had it set 2 days ago

UI unplayable......

i have uninstalled and reinstalled UI what now?

how do i get rid of tectures that you showed me how to setup over a year ago?
and what is he point of having it if it does not work?
open the patcher and press the reinstall button it's not that hard....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you people seems not much expert (and every new version we keep having the same issues), to install a texture pack read here.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
super cannot change from legacy containers to normal EC containers

having a great time today pinco thanks for this...............................

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
YOUR cleint seems to be behaving as if it was a year ago, old taskbar etc no shield on health bar

WHAT HAS HAPPENED WITH YOUR INTERFACE?