• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.6 Dec 5, re-read OP first]

The second optional map... markings for the areas added for the Kingdom Reborn "Inu the Crone" story arc (Inu.MAP). Not sure if every shard has them or not, hence them being optional. Since the areas don't show up on maps they're just labels hanging in midair, so some may find them annoying (another reason for being optional).

http://www.mediafire.com/?cycjytdv0nf

Also, here's the icons update.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l1im3gyyzkm

Some that were added won't be used until the next update of the full map set, but the two optional maps needed enough of them to warrant uploading it now.

P

Perrap

So you have selected the Enhanced Client, but did you also verify the path is correct? Vista and Win 7 tend to move things around and based on the other post in this thread that seems to be the culprit when this occurs. Don't assume the path that is listed is correct.

For example my path is this: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss

EDIT: the picture you have attached to your post above shows the Classic Client (2D) in both paths this is incorrect if you are trying to use the Enhanced Client.
Okay, now to the next stupid question: How do I find the correct path then? I've got Vista so yeah that's probably the issue. But I'm just lousy at theese things and pretty handicapped when it comes to solving the issue myself.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Okay, now to the next stupid question: How do I find the correct path then? I've got Vista so yeah that's probably the issue. But I'm just lousy at theese things and pretty handicapped when it comes to solving the issue myself.
A quick and dirty fix may be to try the path I use. I am using Win 7 Pro, but the path "should" be the same assuming you did not choose a custom path when you installed which is unlikely. See if that works and then we can go from there.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Question about the program.. is it possible to get it to recognize the color of statics when it builds the map files for the world? If you don't get what I mean by that, look at the buildings in Umbra in the 2D client's radar map and compare them to the UOC ones.

Also, the feasability of showing tree canopies would be nice.

K

Kiwillian

Question about the program.. is it possible to get it to recognize the color of statics when it builds the map files for the world? If you don't get what I mean by that, look at the buildings in Umbra in the 2D client's radar map and compare them to the UOC ones.

Also, the feasability of showing tree canopies would be nice.
I think 2D is doing some trickery there. Mine looks the same as UOAM which also looks the same as the EC map (facet03.dds). I read the statics and look up the colours, so 2D is doing something else.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well 2D looks the best... :p

If you can't figure it out that's fine, but I just thought i'd bring it up.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

For performance reasons I have to run the enhanced client in full screen mode. Is there any way to get UOCartographer to show on top while the enhanced client is in full screen mode?

K

Kiwillian

Not very easily. DirectX takes the whole screen over when it does that. The only possible way is to find the EC's DirectX surface and draw into that directly which is pretty nasty and prone to lots of problems.

If your graphics card driver lets you, you could try upping the "slow" or "desktop" clock rate to match the faster one if your card runs at two speeds like a lot do. Then it may work better in windowed mode.

K

Kiwillian

New Version! 0.9.6.7

+ Adds a filter sub-menu so you can filter out specific map files (saves it too!)
+ Removes duplicate map markers at run-time (somewhat indiscriminately)
+ Fix for uncommon "WSACancelBlockingCall" bug
+ Something else which I have since forgotten....

- Removed map (marker) files from the installer.

Now to hassle petra to update the thread title (again!) :p
edit: Thanks! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.7 Dec 11, re-read OP first]

Could I make a request?

When I do MIB's on UOAutomap the add a marker allowed me to put in the X and Y coordinates in the degree's... N/S/E/W.... can we get that?

Or is there already some way to convert the degrees to the x and y coordinates?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Crysta, could you go to The Fishing & Treasure Hunting forum, and get the data for the Treasure maps, and convert the data to a map file for your downloadable map site? It's in text, ready to be pasted into .map file, already - the only change possibly needed would be a specific icon type, if there's not one already for the maps.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Not very easily. DirectX takes the whole screen over when it does that. The only possible way is to find the EC's DirectX surface and draw into that directly which is pretty nasty and prone to lots of problems.

If your graphics card driver lets you, you could try upping the "slow" or "desktop" clock rate to match the faster one if your card runs at two speeds like a lot do. Then it may work better in windowed mode.
Ah, thanks for the response. Both the clock rate and the refresh rate match when I'm running in windowed mode. Perhaps this is something that will improve if they ever fix the serious performance issuses that the enhanced client has.

L

Lord Drakelord

Crysta, could you go to The Fishing & Treasure Hunting forum, and get the data for the Treasure maps, and convert the data to a map file for your downloadable map site? It's in text, ready to be pasted into .map file, already - the only change possibly needed would be a specific icon type, if there's not one already for the maps.
I copied the t map file to UOC, but the icon used in UOC is a pile of gold, something that I wish was changed to a dot for Treasure Map locations.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

originally, it was the little mountain-looking icon (like the one down by the river, or in the Brit farms area), which was less obtrusive. The Coins need to be a much smaller icon, or just a dot.

K

Kurgan

For the icons, it would be nice if they did not scale with the map.
This would save people from seeing Monster Icons. :)
Is it possible to change that feature?

K

Kurgan

In WIN7, I am getting a crash bug, when I try and zoom out using the scroll wheel.
Happens on version 0.9.6.7
But does not happen on version 0.9.6.6

Fault bucket 865698271, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: uocartographer.exe
P2: 0.9.6.7
P3: 4b21f603
P4: UOCartographer
P5: 0.9.6.7
P6: 4b21f603
P7: 9f
P8: 0
P9: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
P10:
Attached files:
C:\Users\ALIAS\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6616.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

M

mr crabs

kiw

i was helping a guildie get map working and we got everything to work and the map tracks him but there are no icons like the bank or champ spwans and such showing up on his map everthing else seems to be working fine though.
and when we go to the filter markers drop down box the only option is filter town markers and we have checked and un checked it and still nothing?? are we missing something?

K

Kiwillian

I copied the t map file to UOC, but the icon used in UOC is a pile of gold, something that I wish was changed to a dot for Treasure Map locations.
Grab Crysta's new and improved icons and maps. (see below)

For the icons, it would be nice if they did not scale with the map.
This would save people from seeing Monster Icons. :)
Is it possible to change that feature?
They don't scale...

In WIN7, I am getting a crash bug, when I try and zoom out using the scroll wheel.
Happens on version 0.9.6.7
But does not happen on version 0.9.6.6

Fault bucket 865698271, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: uocartographer.exe
P2: 0.9.6.7
P3: 4b21f603
P4: UOCartographer
P5: 0.9.6.7
P6: 4b21f603
P7: 9f
P8: 0
P9: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
P10:
Attached files:
C:\Users\ALIAS\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6616.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
Do you have a crashlog file in My Documents\UOCartographer? If so could you PM it to me or put it on pastebin.com and post a link to it?

kiw

i was helping a guildie get map working and we got everything to work and the map tracks him but there are no icons like the bank or champ spwans and such showing up on his map everthing else seems to be working fine though.
and when we go to the filter markers drop down box the only option is filter town markers and we have checked and un checked it and still nothing?? are we missing something?
Grab Crysta's maps and icons.

I've mirrored the first version here:
http://uocartographer.com/Beta/UOCMapAdditions.zip

Unzip it into the installation directory (Prog Files\UOCartographer)

K

Kiwillian

Version 0.9.6.8
+ Fix several bugs introduced with the new filtering system.

If you are experiencing crashes with 0.9.6.7 or weird things when you try to add markers, grab this version.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Originally Posted by Lord Drakelord
Grab Crysta's new and improved icons and maps. (see below)
My set still uses the gold pile for the treasure markers... I wasn't sure what the consensus on what to do with it was so I hadn't changed it yet. I think I did make it a little smaller, though.

K

Kiwillian

I just edited your map a bit, Crysta, to change the overground solen entrances to use your "hole" icon instead of the dungeon one. Looks better I think :) I haven't uploaded it or anything though. Try doing it and see what you think.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I know it does look better, but its technically a dungeon. :\

K

Kiwillian

What does it do? I just re-downloaded it and set it to open and it worked OK using WinZip. Noticed I left the .com off the link though - lol, fixed that now.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

me.. lol

K

Kiwillian

Bah humbug!

K

Kurgan

Another thing I just noticed.
I ported all the Tmap locals from UOAM to UOC.
THey are all in the right spots, but the Lat & Lon on the UOC map does not match the Tmap lat & lon.

K

Kiwillian

Yeah, a couple of other people mentioned the lat/long being off. I think I've fixed it now and it'll be in the next version :)

K

Kurgan

Going on the area from Britian to Trinsic, the map Lat & Lon going down from 0°0'S 58°46'E to 59°40'S 58°0'E then it jumps to 71°0N 58°0'E on the next square down. I think this is throwing the Lat & Lon off a bit.
Everything above that is fine for Tmap locals.
If this helps..

K

Kiwillian

Yeah I think I found the problem already, like I said :)

You still having that crash problem you posted about earlier?

K

Kurgan

I think I found the issue.
The map needs to be cropped on the top, left and bottom sides.
Also on the right side near to Heartwood.
These blank areas are still showing Lat&Lon when moused over.

K

Kurgan

I am at home now, on a XP laptop. No issue's. Will have to try on Monday with WIN7. :) Once I get back to work..

K

Kiwillian

I think I found the issue.
The map needs to be cropped on the top, left and bottom sides.
Also on the right side near to Heartwood.
These blank areas are still showing Lat&Lon when moused over.
Yeah the problem was a bug in the centre calculation since it changes in the Lost Lands and it had a bug in it. Like I said, it's fixed now and the fix will be in the next version.

S

SilentFoxXy

Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.8 Dec 12, re-read OP first]

Just to add my thanks in with the multitude:)

Been away a year, UOAM didnt work, felt totally lost, then I found this, many, many thanks for the hours of hard work, its totally awesome, thank you:)

S

SUPRsalad

Kiwi, I have a problem, more, my guildie has a problem.

He says, and I quote:

'It kicks me into the malas map'

'did you try to change it to the felucca facet?'

'yes, and it works for like 30 seconds, and just kicks me back into the felucca map'

'did you uninstall, and reinstall the newest version?'

'YES!'

'don't get snippy, ill see if I can get some help'

...so here i am, kiwi. Any ideas?

edit: he runs vista

&edit: he thinks he may have gotten by 'opening and closing it several times'
still, any ideas in case this happens again?

K

Kiwillian

A few people seem to have that happen, but it always seems to clear up before I have a chance to look into it :(

I think what happens is that it somehow gets out of sync with UOA so it doesn't receive any info from it. I'm not sure why or how this happens though.

I did add a switch to log some info about what goes on with UOA to try and track it down which you could try if it happens again. If you (or whoever) have a desktop shortcut to UOC, right click it and choose properties and add --uoalog to the end of the shortcut. Then run it again and move around a bit, maybe switch facets (recall/gate) etc. You should get a new file under My Documents\UOCartographer called UOAlog.txt which you can then send me :)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A few people seem to have that happen, but it always seems to clear up before I have a chance to look into it :(

I think what happens is that it somehow gets out of sync with UOA so it doesn't receive any info from it. I'm not sure why or how this happens though.

I did add a switch to log some info about what goes on with UOA to try and track it down which you could try if it happens again. If you (or whoever) have a desktop shortcut to UOC, right click it and choose properties and add --uoalog to the end of the shortcut. Then run it again and move around a bit, maybe switch facets (recall/gate) etc. You should get a new file under My Documents\UOCartographer called UOAlog.txt which you can then send me :)
Didn't that happen in UOAM too?

Or am I fabricating a memory?

-Galen's player

K

Kiwillian

I don't know, I guess it may have.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Set this up on a server & my guild is all using it now. Running great for us. Only thing it's missing that I like is the chat feature :p

R

Reximus

The problem is UOA only sends the facet change thing when you change facets, so if you closed UOC in felucca, then restarted it when you were in malas, UOC will show felucca, the difference between UOAM is if you manually changed the map to match the map you were on then you were fine, with UOC if you take one step it'll revert back to the facet it thinks you are on.

N

NiotakiLS

ok guys, I feel stupid cause can't seem to get this to work right. Have the latest build, Downloaded the map files... that part seems to be working right , but... I can't seem to get it to track my character and update when she moves... Am I missing something?? or is that not in yet?

*feels inept*

Nio

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You have to have UOAssist running in the background for that. Doesn't have to be paid for, just has to be there.

N

NiotakiLS

Yes I have Assist. In fact I use assist religiously lol.
Thanks for trying tho,
Nio

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yes I have Assist. In fact I use assist religiously lol.
Thanks for trying tho,
Nio
What Operating System are you using? Others in this thread, myself included, found that using Vista or Win7 required setting UOC to run as administrator.

Give that a shot and see what happens.

N

NiotakiLS

That's what it was! ty Thought I had set it up to run that way but, ummmm, lol, obviously not. hehe ty again apreciate the help.

Nio

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

That's what it was! ty Thought I had set it up to run that way but, ummmm, lol, obviously not. hehe ty again apreciate the help.

Nio
Happy to help!

W

Wonton fooey

XXXXXXXXXXX

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Ok didn't get a reply so I'll try this again.....

With UO Automap I used to use it to put in my MIB's with the add a marker.

I see you have a way to add markers but it only takes things in the x and y co-ordinates...... is there some way to convert the degree's to x and y? Because honestly I don't know how to get the degree's from the MIB's to x and y.

If there isn't can this be added somehow?

W

Wonton fooey

Can someone help me with the UOCServer? I cant seem to get up and running. My fellow guildies cant connect to it. Can someone give me detailed instructions on what to do please?