• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.4 Nov 27, re-read OP first]

Has anyone started a uoc server yet
i tried to on a spare pc running xp
all i get is it saying starting server....
no help in readme file yet

thanks for any help in advance

That's all it will say untill someone actually logs in, then it posts user data. Seems to be working fine. Also read thru above posts for settings. If your using the server on the same machine your playing on you have to setup your own UOCart using the internal IP address, not the one folks using the web would., as I said explained better in an above post.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When creating maps:

"Something had some of the client files locked!"
"Please close all UO related application and restart UOC"

except I have no UO-related applications running :(

This is on Vista, I am admin, etc, etc, etc...

If I click thru the error messages it appears to create maps, but when I run UOC it doesn't track me, show correct facet, and all the screen is black except for icons.

Worked fine on my XP laptop, but this is my main gaming machine, would really like this to work :)

It appears this error was defined earlier in the thread as being a client path issue, but my client paths are all correct

This is a showstopper for me, can't seem to get any further, please advise :)

J

Jasonleebeck

Psst...Kiwillian....this is such an awesome product, so awesome that I think you overlooked one detail which may/not be a problem for current users and/or future users/updates. Going from a fresh install of version 0.9.6.4, the folder created in "C:\Docume~1\***\MyDocu~1\UOCartogprapher IS SPELLED WRONG !!! LOL!!!

UOCartogprapher should probably be UOCartographer

Shhh...I won't tell anyone :eyes:

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Psst...Kiwillian....this is such an awesome product, so awesome that I think you overlooked one detail which may/not be a problem for current users and/or future users/updates. Going from a fresh install of version 0.9.6.4, the folder created in "C:\Docume~1\***\MyDocu~1\UOCartogprapher IS SPELLED WRONG !!! LOL!!!

Might this have something to do with my issue??

J

Jasonleebeck

Might this have something to do with my issue??
I suppose it could, though I've had no problems running this program since the first post, but as long as the internal path name for UOC is the same as the mis-spelled one that gets created in the users' "My Documents" folder, I don't see that being the issue.

I'd sooner look at the functionality of windows Vista/7 and how it interacts with programs and their read/write permissions/abilities.

C

Calliope

After exploring the capabilities of this program, I am more than impressed. Kiwillian, the UO community owes you a huge vote of thanks for taking this on and seeing it through.

P.S. Mods, don't you think this should be stickied?

K

Kiwillian

When creating maps:

"Something had some of the client files locked!"
"Please close all UO related application and restart UOC"

except I have no UO-related applications running :(

This is on Vista, I am admin, etc, etc, etc...

If I click thru the error messages it appears to create maps, but when I run UOC it doesn't track me, show correct facet, and all the screen is black except for icons.

Worked fine on my XP laptop, but this is my main gaming machine, would really like this to work :)

It appears this error was defined earlier in the thread as being a client path issue, but my client paths are all correct

This is a showstopper for me, can't seem to get any further, please advise :)
Hmmm, not sure what's causing that then. Have you tried re-booting and running UOC first? You could also maybe try making a copy of your UO folder and pointing it to that.

Whoops :(

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How would one go about editing the files that handle icons to change some or add new ones? I tried editing the image file for the icons directly, but any change at all made every one double in size when loaded afterwards in UOC.

Wanted to make these additions (top line) and changes (bottom line).

K

Kiwillian

You should be able to just edit the png file. Just make sure you save it with an alpha channel (and make sure you edit the alpha channel as well). Not sure why it would double in size.

If you add any, make sure it all lines up in the grid. The icons should be in the center. Can't recall the grid size off the top of my head but it's something weird like 52x30. Then you can add your new categories to the icons.txt file.

edit:53x40 (?!?) and in rows of 12

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ah.. don't think I have anything that can save it with an alpha channel, but that alone shouldn't cause everything to show up twice as large as it should. Grid is nothing I have to worry about adhering to though.. i'm used to stuff like that... I do it naturally.

I just needed some new generic icons to mark quest NPCs and such and the feather for gargoyle flight paths. Don't think I need to explain the changed ones really.

K

Kiwillian

You could try and save it with some sort of transparency set and drop the alpha perhaps. That may work. If you have access to Photoshop there's a plugin called SuperPNG which will save alphas (I don't think the built-in one does).

Check the dimensions are the same after you save it. Doubling sounds very odd.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I use PSP7, not Photoshop. Never Photoshop. Hate GIMP too.

I swear though, just opening the file then saving it makes them double, without changing the size of anything at all.

K

Kiwillian

I just loaded it into MS Paint and saved it back out. It didn't double in size but it did lose the transparency. I wonder if PaintshopPro is doing something funny like adjusting it for a different DPI or something?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The only question I have... are there plans for this to log player houses the way that UOAM did? I started manually placing houses in UOAM and this will mean starting over.
This.

K

Kiwillian

I think I covered that earlier somewhere but at present UOAssist is broken wrt housing. The new expansion broke it. I've tried contacting tugsoft but never hear anything back.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ahh. That's too bad. It's a nice way to monitor houses that were, that are no more. At least for those of us that don't cheat...thx for the quick response...

K

Kiwillian

Perhaps if more people petitioned him to fix it, he might :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just loaded it into MS Paint and saved it back out. It didn't double in size but it did lose the transparency. I wonder if PaintshopPro is doing something funny like adjusting it for a different DPI or something?
Im not sure, but I can tell you the filesize comes out smaller. Looks like I might not be able to make the changes myself though. :\

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This thing works AWESOME! I am on Vista Ultimate and run it as Admin...no problems at all. Would love to see the treasure map stuff but other then that I love it! Great job :thumbup:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I had some problems on install, but I fixed them, with the help of the error messages. (And btw, I particularly appreciate that the error messages bear some actual relationship to the issue. This is all-too-rare in computer programs these days.) The updating worked well.

I proceeded to cause another problem on my own, but I was able to re-install to fix it...Again, had some issues on re-install, but was again able to work through them.

You have, I hope you realize, written yourself into UO history, the same way the original UOAM people (person?) did, and the same way the UO Assist people (person?) did.

At the risk of being referred to as a "trammelite" by SUPRsalad (a risk I'm more than willing to endure), I have 2 suggestions.

1. I would like to endorse Martyna's player's suggestion for the ability to search for locations by coordinates.

2. I'd like to suggest a way to disconnect from a server (a "disconnect" button). If there is one currently (other than closing the program), I haven't seen it.

Thank you again. It's quite a nice program and it is working very well. We all appreciate both the program and the fact that you dealt with EA over it...A task which I'm sure was nearly equal to writing the program itself in terms of issues and difficulty.

-Galen's player

S

SUPRsalad

I had some problems on install, but I fixed them, with the help of the error messages. (And btw, I particularly appreciate that the error messages bear some actual relationship to the issue. This is all-too-rare in computer programs these days.) The updating worked well.

I proceeded to cause another problem on my own, but I was able to re-install to fix it...Again, had some issues on re-install, but was again able to work through them.

You have, I hope you realize, written yourself into UO history, the same way the original UOAM people (person?) did, and the same way the UO Assist people (person?) did.

At the risk of being referred to as a "trammelite" by SUPRsalad (a risk I'm more than willing to endure), I have 2 suggestions.

1. I would like to endorse Martyna's player's suggestion for the ability to search for locations by coordinates.

2. I'd like to suggest a way to disconnect from a server (a "disconnect" button). If there is one currently (other than closing the program), I haven't seen it.

Thank you again. It's quite a nice program and it is working very well. We all appreciate both the program and the fact that you dealt with EA over it...A task which I'm sure was nearly equal to writing the program itself in terms of issues and difficulty.

-Galen's player
1. you're a trammelite.
2. agreed, on the 'disconnect' function.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Galen's player
I agree completely, very nice job !

T

Tomana

Awesome! Thank You!!

Sticky? Sticky?

G

georgemarvin2001

Nice job!!! I just returned to UO a few weeks ago and was terribly disappointed when I found out that I couldn't get UOAM to work. I had to use that crappy "Enhanced" client to do some of the things I used to do with UOAM. The improved map is just about the only reason why I haven't deleted the SA client off my computer yet, after I finally got the 2D client to load right, after several download attempts. Your map utility will free up several gigabytes of much-needed hard drive space. THANKS!!

Now for the suggestions to make it more functional like the old UOAM:
1. Need house logging!
2. Need option "Show Server Boundaries"
3. An "Additional settings" popup that lets us do some of the stuff UOAM did, like checking the boxes for whether to log houses, and whether to show such things as treasure map locations, rares, etc.
4. PANIC! button to find nearest healer or nearest town
5. "Drop or Pickup Marker" to drop a marker at the player's feet so that he can easily come back to that location from anywhere in the world. Especially good for corpses of t-hunters.
6. -who command that tells you all the names of the players online on your server
7. In the "players" folder of the "other settings" popup, you could type in another player's name and hit the "track" button to see where he was.
8. Show Linked Players option to track your friends and guildmates. Especially useful in dungeons and stuff.
9. A "personal" folder for the stuff you want your own labels for.

Those were some of the most useful functions of UOAM that I can't find in your version. Some of them may be there, and I just haven't found them yet.

D

dupadupa

any idea's why this keeps popping up?

(soon as i try to open it, the spalsh screen pops up immediatly followed by the text shown below)(i have also just downloaded the latest version an it also does it)

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qJKmMT$nuLICRcrkTAr5DH336XiL0VJ$IX9lL6YmATw4=.#=qfojC1ay72rNPXZ78DybAzw==()
at #=qJKmMT$nuLICRcrkTAr5DH336XiL0VJ$IX9lL6YmATw4=.#=quD869hW$nC83F__abkhNu3BaMRxQM$vn3bqtqlC7LU0=()
at #=qJKmMT$nuLICRcrkTAr5DH336XiL0VJ$IX9lL6YmATw4=..ctor()
at #=qzENaELL0vOIGiJKbXjWtsKVC$JGv8ebNrajdXZz5nts=.#=qCFGL_EEGgTSlfQNN2D8ssQ==()

many thanks in advance

K

kokopelli

Make sure you have SP1 for .net 2.0 installed, that should fix that one.

K

Kiwillian

Now for the suggestions to make it more functional like the old UOAM:
1. Need house logging!
2. Need option "Show Server Boundaries"
3. An "Additional settings" popup that lets us do some of the stuff UOAM did, like checking the boxes for whether to log houses, and whether to show such things as treasure map locations, rares, etc.
4. PANIC! button to find nearest healer or nearest town
5. "Drop or Pickup Marker" to drop a marker at the player's feet so that he can easily come back to that location from anywhere in the world. Especially good for corpses of t-hunters.
6. -who command that tells you all the names of the players online on your server
7. In the "players" folder of the "other settings" popup, you could type in another player's name and hit the "track" button to see where he was.
8. Show Linked Players option to track your friends and guildmates. Especially useful in dungeons and stuff.
9. A "personal" folder for the stuff you want your own labels for.
1. This is UOA being broken.
2. Could do. I dunno where they all are though (outside of tram/fel).
3. No houses anyway, filtering markers is on the list.
4. That info isn't available if you mean NPCs
5. "Set Destination" on your current location, you'll even get a handy arrow you can follow back.
6. "Find" shows logged in players (on the UOC server, game server isn't possible)
7. "Find", choose player, press OK. You can check Track for an arrow too
8. Not sure what you mean here
9. Under a (misspelt!) UOCartographer folder in My Documents: USER.MAP

:)

K

Kiwillian

any idea's why this keeps popping up?

(soon as i try to open it, the spalsh screen pops up immediatly followed by the text shown below)(i have also just downloaded the latest version an it also does it)

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qJKmMT$nuLICRcrkTAr5DH336XiL0VJ$IX9lL6YmATw4=.#=qfojC1ay72rNPXZ78DybAzw==()
at #=qJKmMT$nuLICRcrkTAr5DH336XiL0VJ$IX9lL6YmATw4=.#=quD869hW$nC83F__abkhNu3BaMRxQM$vn3bqtqlC7LU0=()
at #=qJKmMT$nuLICRcrkTAr5DH336XiL0VJ$IX9lL6YmATw4=..ctor()
at #=qzENaELL0vOIGiJKbXjWtsKVC$JGv8ebNrajdXZz5nts=.#=qCFGL_EEGgTSlfQNN2D8ssQ==()

many thanks in advance
Like kokopelli said, update .NET 2.0 to SP1 or SP2.

K

Kiwillian

0.9.6.5 available, check OP for details (down the bottom of the post).

(title of the thread doesn't seem to be updating at the mo :( )

K

Kiwillian

Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.5 Dec 2, re-read OP first]

Stupid thread title won't update :mad: Maybe this will fix it...

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks Kiwillian for the links on the UOCartographer site. UOCartographer has been added to the UltimaXbar.

K

Kiwillian

Thanks Kiwillian for the links on the UOCartographer site. UOCartographer has been added to the UltimaXbar.
Does your "UltimaXbar" require people to install any spyware or some such? If so, please remove UOC from it. Thanks.

edit: In fact, if your Bar thing phones home at all, please remove UOC from it. UOC is free from spyware/malware and will remain so.

A

AlderonDark

Is there a way for you to get it to work without UOAssist for tracking. Not all of us have UOA or are willing to pay for it while it is broken.

Thanks,

Alderon

D

dupadupa

Like kokopelli said, update .NET 2.0 to SP1 or SP2.
thanks it fixed it,

just need to download the 2d client so it has maps then everything will build and be ok hopefully

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Is there a way for you to get it to work without UOAssist for tracking. Not all of us have UOA or are willing to pay for it while it is broken.

Thanks,

Alderon
This has been answered a few times, but no UOA is required. You can use the free/trial version and never pay or use any of UOA's features.

S

Sabbath

Does your "UltimaXbar" require people to install any spyware or some such? If so, please remove UOC from it. Thanks.

edit: In fact, if your Bar thing phones home at all, please remove UOC from it. UOC is free from spyware/malware and will remain so.
Kiwillian, GameXbar is widely known and respected throughout the gaming community. It definitely doesn't contain spyware and you'd be wise to make use of it's benefits in spreading the news of your awesome product.

Nok is one of the most dedicated players in the community and would gladly answer any questions if presented respectfully. Even if you don't want to be associated with his product, I'm sure you'd want to treat him the same as you'd want you and your product treated (i.e. not having someone accuse you of placing spyware without really knowing the product).

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying you were 'taking a shot' at Nok. I just wanted to vouch for him and recommend that you take a closer look at his product before discounting it.

A

AdamD

As the uo toolbar site says

It's free & safe, NO malware/pop-ups/spyware/viruses, and no personal information is collected or required.​

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

You should be honored and thanking him for adding it.

K

Kiwillian

Well, OK that's cool then. I'd just not heard of it before :)

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks everyone.

Hi Kiwillian,

No worries, I appreciate players asking about UltimaXbar (or any of the others)... gives me a chance to tell players new to GameXbar what it is and how it works.

As others said here, UltimaXbar (used to be UO Toolbar) is free and safe to use... and has been for 4 years. Like every GameXbar, UltimaXbar is... TRUSTe certified as a trusted download (anyone with a GameXbar installed, click About on the logo menu); Jotti scanned for malware & always found 100% clean; the sites are tested 100% clean by McAfee's SiteAdvisor; and so... I could go on. Please... check it out, and feel free to give UltimaXbar a try (it uninstalls cleanly if you don't like it, most like it).

The reason I asked you to put links on your UOC site was so I could link players to your main site... not the .exe file. As a policy GameXbar as a rule doesn't link to .exe files. Also when links and programs (like your's or anyone else's) are added to a GameXbar, those links and programs are examined to the best that can be reasonable done.

I've already submitted uocartographer.com to McAfee's SiteAdvisor & WOT for scans; and ran a Jotti Malware Scan on UOCSetup.exe (it's 100% clean). Steps like these are to your benefit and the UO community.

Hope that helps.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The folder rename worked fine for me on Vista. :)

K

Kim Li of LS

I can download the map np, but when i start it up I get:

the application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). click OK to terminate application.

(running MS XP SP2)

.NET was out of date!

J

Jasonleebeck

Experiencing a bug of some type. It first started with the prior version and has continued into this new one. What happens is, no matter what facet I'm in, the map reverts to trammel. I can be in Ter Mer, tokuno malas, or fel, and the map reverts to tram. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted all uoc registry keys and remaining folders. Restarted my comp, checked for .NET versions and updates (UOC had worked perfectly fine prior) and still it reverts.

Any ideas?

K

Kiwillian

Hope that helps.
Yes. Thanks for the info, Nok and for doing the scans too.

Experiencing a bug of some type. It first started with the prior version and has continued into this new one. What happens is, no matter what facet I'm in, the map reverts to trammel. I can be in Ter Mer, tokuno malas, or fel, and the map reverts to tram. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted all uoc registry keys and remaining folders. Restarted my comp, checked for .NET versions and updates (UOC had worked perfectly fine prior) and still it reverts.

Any ideas?
Which client are you using? 2D or EC?

J

Jasonleebeck

2d, xp

K

Kiwillian

You're launching UO via UOAssist?

It shouldn't be a permission or user level problem since you're not on Vista/7.

S

Shalimar/Cleo

Not many of us have heard of you either.
8,600 hits on his thread and a lot of players using his programme would rather contradict that. He is safeguarding something with his name on it, nothing more, nothing less and he was wise to say what he said.

Now he knows who was addressing him he's fine with it.

Z

zoop

He is safeguarding something with his name on it, nothing more, nothing less and he was wise to say what he said.

Now he knows who was addressing him he's fine with it.
This.

No need to bite his head off for legitimate concerns.

In other news, does UOC not work without UOA? I use the EC on Windows 7. I tried UOC last week, but it didn't track my character. Has this been fixed or does it require the use of UOA? I'd rather you break the rules then and get the info directly from UO.

K

Kiwillian

This.

No need to bite his head off for legitimate concerns.

In other news, does UOC not work without UOA? I use the EC on Windows 7. I tried UOC last week, but it didn't track my character. Has this been fixed or does it require the use of UOA? I'd rather you break the rules then and get the info directly from UO.
If you use EC, check the EC sub-forum, you'll need a mod to make it work with EC but modders have already added it to several skins now, much better than what I did.