• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

Z

zoop

Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.5 Dec 2, re-read OP first]

If you use EC, check the EC sub-forum, you'll need a mod to make it work with EC but modders have already added it to several skins now, much better than what I did.
You're planning on leaving it to the modders to support EC then? I think in that case maybe a link/comment on your homepage explaining EC support might be helpful.

Ill try tonight, I hope it works as nice as it looks :drool:

J

Jasonleebeck

You're launching UO via UOAssist?

It shouldn't be a permission or user level problem since you're not on Vista/7.
Ya, did the 30 day trial and running off that now. Seems to have corrected itself. I'll try to document and recreate the bug.

*Votes Kiwillian UO man of the year*

S

SUPRsalad

I've tried setting up the server as a service on my other machine, and it doesn't work. I SEE it running in the process list under task manager, but I don't see the icon, nor can anyone connect. Not sure whats going on there..

Also, Im going to send some of my guys in here with some tech problems they are having regarding vista/7 usage. . . Please forgive them if they ask questions that have been addressed already, but we REALLY want to get EVERYONE on uoc.

*casts his vote to kiwi, for uo man of the year*

D

dupadupa

well it found all the maps apart from the "Ter Mur" Facet?

EDIT: now ive set uoC to use the EC client maps.. it has found all of them... just ignore me now :D

Z

zoop

Well, I downloaded "UOCartographer Position Log" from http://uo.modders-exchange.net/ ..what do I do with it? Where does it go? I put it in \Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\Default ...(wild guess) Doesn't do anything.

Are you officially not supporting EC or simply overlooking that it might need better clarification on the website and this topic's opening post?

K

Kiwillian

There should be instructions in the readme.txt file about how to use the included .lua file.

J

Jasonleebeck

Correction: It's defaulting to Fel now. I'll see what I can do to find the issue.

Edit: If I recall/Sacred journey around a bit from facet to facet, it corrects itself, but only if I start the UO client first.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There should be instructions in the readme.txt file about how to use the included .lua file.
There is.........:pint:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Disconnect works great for me, thank you.

-Galen's player

K

Kiwillian

Correction: It's defaulting to Fel now. I'll see what I can do to find the issue.

Edit: If I recall/Sacred journey around a bit from facet to facet, it corrects itself, but only if I start the UO client first.
If this keeps happening and you can't track down the problem, let me know, I've added a command line switch to enable some logging for UOA. I've not uploaded it yet though.

edit: same goes for anyone else with the same problem.

Rit0690

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've downloaded the newest version a couple of times, i'm on win xp pro 64 with everything updated. Everything downloads and installs fine but when i go to open it by clicking either the desktop, start option, or even the file directly from folder it does absolutly nothing.

I've done direct install from download and saved to a folder then installed all to get a "good install" that says nothing went wrong.

I've rebooted, reinstalled, antivirused, reg cleaned but it still does nothing.

Any help with this would be helpful. I've gone thru and couldn't see anyone with something similar yet.

K

Kiwillian

Do you have .net 2.0 SP1 installed? Not sure if I've heard of anyone else running it on xp 64 (pro or otherwise).

Drakhan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This tool is fantastic. You deserve a hug.

K

Kiwillian

lol, thanks (I think) :eyes: . And thanks to everyone else who had kind words to say :)

J

JocelynofSonoma

Seems like this would be an awesome augment. Thanks for your efforts - I used to use UOAM and loved it. I haven't used it in quite a while. I'm looking forward to trying UOC soon!

S

SUPRsalad

I got the newest version. Disconnect works great.
What else is new with this version?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I got the newest version. Disconnect works great.
What else is new with this version?
Reposted for ease of use.
0.9.6.5 Dec 2:
+ Added "Disconnect", menu item, will switch depending on context
+ Disconnect on quitting UOC client
+ Fixed misspelt directory ( ), may pause a bit first time you run it while it copies everything. Pray it works on Vista/Win7
+ Log server info for client, in My Docs../UOCar../serverlog.txt
+ Updated server: tries to prevent multiple same users at once, sends version info, logs logoffs
* client is backwards compatible with older servers, server is NOT backwards compatible, as before. do not update server unless all clients are on 0.9.6.3 or later

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can someone please help me in adding those icons.. ?:sad4:

These as well:

Sorry... i'm just coming up with what would be nice as i'm going through and marking several of the maps properly. :p

Rit0690

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes I am running the .net sp1

Everything downloads and installs without giving errors, just doesn't load anything when i click it. I get the hourglass like it is thinking for about 2 seconds after i click the icon then nothing after.

In task manager it doesn't show up as running in any form. and i have tried multiple times on reboot and installs.

K

Kiwillian

Is there a UOCartogrpaher folder under My Documents? If so is there a file in there called crash.log?

Can someone please help me in adding those icons.. ?:sad4:

These as well:

Sorry... i'm just coming up with what would be nice as i'm going through and marking several of the maps properly. :p
I'm probably going to redo the way the icons are to make it easier to mess with. May have something this weekend if I have the time.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cool. I'll be watching for it. :D

K

Kiwillian

Well, that was fairly easy after all :)

If you grab the new one I just put up you'll end up with "icons.bmp" now. It's a 24bit BMP with *no* alpha channel. All the icons are in a grid which is 32x32, only the interior of the grid is used so the icons themselves can be up to 31x31 (it skips the grid lines). The bright pink background (255,0,255) is converted to transparency when it's loaded, so you don't need to worry about all that stuff now and even MSPaint should be able to edit it :)

It also loads icons.txt and uses the categories in that to grab the correct number of icons, so if you add new ones - add them after the last one and put a name in the icons.txt file for it.

Hope that makes sense :)

Version is 0.9.6.6

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sounds like it does. Will test it in the morning, but from your explanation I doubt i'll have any problems now. :)

K

Kiwillian

Thanks for the edit Petra :heart:

K

Kiwillian

Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.6 Dec 5, re-read OP first]

Sounds like it does. Will test it in the morning, but from your explanation I doubt i'll have any problems now. :)
It should be clearer once you load up the icons.bmp - the grid is visible to help with laying out new icons. Just put new ones in the center of each little grid starting from the last one. There's 2 empty spots but don't use those.

Then open up icons.txt in notepad and add some names for the new icons you added at the bottom of the file in the same order as the icons. Make sure it's all one word like the others. i.e. SOLENHIVE for instance.

Remember that everything that is *exactly* that shade of pink (255,0,255) will be transparent. If it is even off by one it won't be.

I also put a black outline around all the others to make them easier to see (prior to this change too). In PS you can use a layer effect called Stroke, or you can add it in yourself. Helps to separate it from the background a bit and stands out more.

:)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Don't worry, I understand the concept of reserving one color for transparencies competely... used to mess with a few programs that required that a lot. And i'd add my own borders to the stuff... doing it automated usually just means you have to edit it more afterward.

I should add I plan on packing up the changes i'm making to the markers as well as the new ones i'm adding when i'm done.. I figure it would be appreciated. :p

L

Lord Drakelord

Is there any way you could replace the piles of gold at T map locations with a dot like UOAM? When I brought the THB's map file over from UOAM and the rare's file, locations mark with a dot in UOAM, they were changed to piles of gold in UOC.

T

Thashinel

I am in love with this.

Thank you towhomever had ANYTHING at all to do with it's creation, whether it be the person who posted about the poor 'other' maps or whomever 'at the top' that said it would be ok to use.

But mostly, for the programmer(s) that made it happen...there within lies the person on the front line that knew it could be done.

Thank you for a much more enjoyable gaming experience.

Jo/Thash

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I am in love with this.

Thank you for whomever had ANYTHING at all to do with it's creation, whether it be the person who posted about the poor 'other' maps or whomever 'at the top' that said it would be ok to use.

But mostly, for the programmer(s) that made it happen...there within lies the person on the front line that knew it could be done.

Thank you for a much more enjoyable gaming experience.

Jo/Thash
The OP (Kiwillian) is the creator, developer, programmer and to my knowledge has done it all on their own with suggestions ans so on from others. It is indeed a project well done!

K

Kurgan

UOC Possible Changes

One thing I can see that might need to be changed, is the icon sizes.
On maps they are so small.
Is it possible to scale the icon sizes?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I should just say that the editing of custom icons works perfectly for me now. :)

K

Kiwillian

Yay!

D

DarkVoid

I'm trying to find the following coordinates, obviously, they exist, as I can navigate pretty close to them using a sextant and a boat, but UOC doesn't appear to go up to this high a coordinate set so what is wrong?

168o 14'N 93o 1'W

The other problem is that they are on a server line and I cannot get right on top of the coordinates - it's in order to fish up a SoS. But first I need to find out why UOC doesn't go this high in the coordinates I can see on it's map.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Consider this version 1.0 of my map editing.

A few notes first;

1. UOC seems to, when editing markers from various map files, create a new copy of the marker to user.map rather than simply editing it in some instances... this has lead to a few markers having become doubled with the old overlapping the new or such.. if you see any of this going on, please tell me. I also don't know the exact circumstances where this happens, so I can't really give any help in fixing it. This could very well have been caused by some mistake on my end, but I would still like to be told when and where it pops up.

2. What's not finished:

Ter Mur and the Abyss: Probably about 80% done, but I have some more
I want to add.

ML Dungeons: 90% or so here, but Bedlam and a few others need more.

Heartwood: Barely even started.

New Haven: I'd want to include the New Haven.map that was posted here
on Stratics a few years back, just after the KR launch, but without
permission there's nothing I can do, and it was already so good i'd hate to
redo it. I did edit it though, so some doubled-up label copies might have
popped into mine, and i'm sorry if they have.

Tram/Fel Quest NPCs: Still plenty of these to add.

3. "Filter Town Markers";

I added most of what needed to be in here to the filter to match the older
maps, but I chose to leave flight paths (just the start and end points, not
the dots), quest NPCs, and important items visible if its on or not. If this is
a problem for anyone, just speak up.

4. What's included;

New copies of Atlas.MAP, Common.MAP, Rares.MAP, Dungeons.MAP, and
TerMur.Map. All of them should have some stuff removed (or some spelling
mistakes fixed) to make space for the ones in my file, but i'm not sure
which do or not, so i'm including them all. I hate having to include these,
but I can't really get around it. All existing work in these belong to the
people that made them, and I hope nobody gets mad at me when i'm just
trying to help improve this stuff.

Crysta.Map. Wish I could have thought of a better name than that. Has
all my changes and additions.

New copies of Icons.txt and Icons.BMP that have my additions in them.
I'd also like to include that Hythloth.MAP posted a week or two ago that showed the positions of the teleporters in Hythloth, but again, i'd need permission for that.

So, hoping there's no problems and i've not done anything that would get me told to remove the link after doing this (and that it all works like its supposed to), here is a link to the files. Just unzip it straight into your UOC folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4tfwnb2wgaz

If anyone wants to further edit my stuff (the stuff in the Crysta.MAP file and the icons files) feel free to do so, so long as you tell me you have if you plan on uploading and posting it somewhere.

Expect a new version probably in a few days.. I have something for school i've got to get out of the way before i'll have time to add or change more. And remember, this is only for UOC.. I doubt much of it would work in UOAM.

L

Lord Drakelord

Consider this version 1.0 of my map editing.

A few notes first;

I'd also like to include that Hythloth.MAP posted a week or two ago that showed the positions of the teleporters in Hythloth, but again, i'd need permission for that.

So, hoping there's no problems and i've not done anything that would get me told to remove the link after doing this (and that it all works like its supposed to), here is a link to the files. Just unzip it straight into your UOC folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4tfwnb2wgaz

If anyone wants to further edit my stuff (the stuff in the Crysta.MAP file and the icons files) feel free to do so, so long as you tell me you have if you plan on uploading and posting it somewhere.

Expect a new version probably in a few days.. I have something for school i've got to get out of the way before i'll have time to add or change more. And remember, this is only for UOC.. I doubt much of it would work in UOAM.
cool

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just remembered I still need to mark out the Exodus Lair, too. Posting it here so I don't forget.

K

Kiwillian

Just remembered I still need to mark out the Exodus Lair, too. Posting it here so I don't forget.
Wow, that's really awesome. I like the little dungeon entrance/exit icons too, they work really well. :)

I'd be happy to include it in the main download once you're happy with it if you like. I can put a credit on the site and in the about box too.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to host the zip file on the UOC website as an optional add-on.

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Woohoo, thanks!

Well, that was fairly easy after all :)

If you grab the new one I just put up you'll end up with "icons.bmp" now. It's a 24bit BMP with *no* alpha channel. All the icons are in a grid which is 32x32, only the interior of the grid is used so the icons themselves can be up to 31x31 (it skips the grid lines). The bright pink background (255,0,255) is converted to transparency when it's loaded, so you don't need to worry about all that stuff now and even MSPaint should be able to edit it :)

It also loads icons.txt and uses the categories in that to grab the correct number of icons, so if you add new ones - add them after the last one and put a name in the icons.txt file for it.

Hope that makes sense :)

Version is 0.9.6.6

P

Perrap

Hi, realise this has probably already been asked, but can't find it anywhere sorry ! :mf_prop:

Anyway, got a problem with the blackscreen, had the same problem running uoam aswell, think you can help me out? I used to have both SA 3d version and regular 2d version installed, which may cause a problem I don't know. Because I noticed that it was looking for files in that directory when I first launched it. Can you help me?

K

Kiwillian

You don't have a client selected. Tick one of the boxes.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

i did the same thing when i first ran it!

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry for the slow response (been focused on my final :p), but i'd be happy to let you include it once I think its ready (shouldn't be long). I have another one i'm making that you could host as an optional one if you want, and i'd always appreciate any help in getting rid of any duplicate entries in the files.

K

Kiwillian

I could probably add something to check for duplicates but the hard bit would be knowing which one to drop...

I guess dropping any that show up in USER.MAP would be a start, but they may be in other files as well.

edit: to clarify, I mean automagically.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well I can always do it manually. :p

P

Perrap

I've selected the bottom one, but when I run it I tells me 'Can't locate all maps, press OK to generate missing map files etc etc..' then I click okay, and get the 'Can't locate facet map, ensure the path to the client is correct'. Then it just goes black. I'm completely blank here..

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I've selected the bottom one, but when I run it I tells me 'Can't locate all maps, press OK to generate missing map files etc etc..' then I click okay, and get the 'Can't locate facet map, ensure the path to the client is correct'. Then it just goes black. I'm completely blank here..
So you have selected the Enhanced Client, but did you also verify the path is correct? Vista and Win 7 tend to move things around and based on the other post in this thread that seems to be the culprit when this occurs. Don't assume the path that is listed is correct.

For example my path is this: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss

EDIT: the picture you have attached to your post above shows the Classic Client (2D) in both paths this is incorrect if you are trying to use the Enhanced Client.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here's the first of the "optional" .MAP files I was planning.. stealable artifacts!

Some of the Doom ones might be off because of how large a random area they have to spawn in, but the rest should all be accurate. If I missed any or got anything wrong, please tell me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c22vydy2rtf

They'll display as "POINT" type markers for now, until I give out an updated version of the Icons.txt file. If you want them to have their own marker and can't wait, change "ORANGEDOT" in that file to "STEALABLE".

The next optional .MAP will be up later tonight. Will probably give out that icons file update then as well, as it would need it.

Also, as an update for the rest of the map stuff... i've added more but still need to sort it, and i've seperated spawn markers (not large spawns, but specific monsters) and NPCs into their own seperate .MAP files to reduce clutter some, and to let people that don't want them to not use them.

L

Lord Drakelord

Here's the first of the "optional" .MAP files I was planning.. stealable artifacts!

Some of the Doom ones might be off because of how large a random area they have to spawn in, but the rest should all be accurate. If I missed any or got anything wrong, please tell me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c22vydy2rtf

They'll display as "POINT" type markers for now, until I give out an updated version of the Icons.txt file. If you want them to have their own marker and can't wait, change "ORANGEDOT" in that file to "STEALABLE".

The next optional .MAP will be up later tonight. Will probably give out that icons file update then as well, as it would need it.

Also, as an update for the rest of the map stuff... i've added more but still need to sort it, and i've seperated spawn markers (not large spawns, but specific monsters) and NPCs into their own seperate .MAP files to reduce clutter some, and to let people that don't want them to not use them.
Thank you!

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have an interesting question about my particular setup:

I have an old computer wired into my router running FreeNAS. I use it for file/media sharing as well as BitTorrents. I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to run UOCartographer server on it as well. Currently I'm hosting the UOC server on my regular desktop computer, but it can make me a little bit laggy when lots of users are connected to my server. It would be much nicer to have it running off this mini-server (FreeNAS is almost more of a server than a network-attached storage device).

If anyone knows how to get this up and running, that'd be awesome! PM me or post here!

Thanks,

UOMaddog