• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

C

Cloak&Dagger

I'm having horrible issues with UOCart that I didn't have a few days ago. All my chars start off logged into Yew no matter where they log in at. Some chars can run around in the map just fine but others can be in the water running while they are on land. It's really annoying because I have a Thunter who is on hold til this gets fixed. I tried reinstalling and nothing works. I still start off in Yew. I'm running Win7 64bit Enterprise edition.
Maybe the issue is a corrupt character file and has nothing to do with UOC? Also you told us what OS you use but no mention of what Client? If it is the EC then my above statement is more than likely the case, or another file that is messed up. If it is the old client then I am not 100% sure because I don't remember how it works exactly with the old client...aside from needing UOA....could be something in UOA?

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It Would Be Extremely Helpful if This Topic Thread Were Stickied!!!

More and More Folks are Using UO Cartographer and Ought NOT to Have to Search For This Thread.

J

Jonathan Baron

It appears that UOC, in its official form, is no more.

Link takes you to Apis hosting, or something. They say there is a matter of an unpaid bill, alas.

It's a pity....this is a wonderful program, all in all.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately UOC was orphaned shortly after the author released it.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately UOC was orphaned shortly after the author released it.
Your post inspired me to spend 10 minutes writing code, then get bored and hack it together to the point where it renders quickly, push to google code, and toss it here. openuomap - Free mapping program for Ultima Online - Google Project Hosting

If anyone wants to take a third shot at making a mapping client for UO, here's a working code example of how to do it. (it's dirty, not intended for use really, as stated in my comments I don't write code for windows and this just really doesn't interest me enough beyond having figured out how it worked.)

As a note too, there's nothing nefarious you can do with this so don't even bother trying, the code in here doesn't even touch the UO client at all, it pulls data from UOAssist's external client api the exact same way cart and UOAM do (so it's only capable of accessing what EA already deemed allowed to UOAssist, and it's technically a not a third party program, much like cart isn't, since it doesn't interact with UO at all.), nothing complicated but figured hey, examples sometimes get people interested in working on it further...just if you write a new one don't use .NET as I'd actually like for my computer to be able to run a new mapping program without crashing :).

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOCart had such great potential, hopefully someone else can step in and recreate it.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone got a link to download uocartographer? the original link is broken

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have it saved to google doc. Since the originator fell off the face of the earth shortly after release, figured I would keep a copy handy..just in case this happened.. I will look it up when I get home from work

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

I have it saved to google doc. Since the originator fell off the face of the earth shortly after release, figured I would keep a copy handy..just in case this happened.. I will look it up when I get home from work
I thought I was just the crazy one who could not get to the download page. Everyone kept telling me to come here to download it, tried several times and kept getting the same page each time. Can't wait to get the right place to go, thanks in advance Widow Maker!:thumbsup:

O

Old Man of UO

I have the UOCsetup.exe and the UOCMapAdditions.zip (which has the Atlas.map, Common.map, Crysta.map, Dungeons.map, icons.bmp, icons.txt, Rares.map and TerMur.map files). I also have the UOCartographer.docx instructions file from Kiwillian.

I don't mind sharing, the problem is how to share it in a safe manner, and is it even legal to share this program? IF Stratics can host the file I would be glad to send it to a Stratics Mod - but then Stratics takes the legal responsibility for sharing.

Please - Don't PM me asking for these files unless you are a Stratics Mod.

J

Jonathan Baron

It's an odd link. Works for me just fine but it fails to work for some reason if you do the cut and paste into your browser thing.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am able to download it in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome by either clicking the link or copy and pasting.

S

Sevin0oo0

rt click, open in new tab, worked fine for me too, using Seamonkey 2.2

M

mr crabs

I'm having a problem getting cartographer to start properly.

The install went fine, after that when I hit the action button to start cartographer. I get a message for 1 sec after that cartographer crashes back to the background.

This is the message, that show up in 1 sec. I could ctr c it (I'm playing it on windows 7)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qsQE8pOhEGuE1zt$1$cXzKg==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qGfu3hhM8gCtVj0CyJO$Psw==(Object #=qXW07htzMZolkwp1Kg_kbTw==, EventArgs #=qX3nnpkZTqAdWC9mIa_HCiQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()
im haveing the same problem just got back to game and re instaled everything and i get this
windows 7 64 bit

dunkirk

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only problems most people have when installing and running is to making sure to run admin. I run win7 64 had a problem installing and that fixed it.

M

mr crabs

yep tryed to run as admin both the installer and program nothing same error.
updated my .net nothing
im at a loss any ideas would help thanks

dunkirk

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok here is my problem
Ive got a couple of guild members who use EC and when we try to get them connected to uoc map. I wont update the position it shows them in brit tram in castle.
We have run as admin and with the check marks to ec client and maps still nothing..
anyone else run into this problem

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ok here is my problem
Ive got a couple of guild members who use EC and when we try to get them connected to uoc map. I wont update the position it shows them in brit tram in castle.
We have run as admin and with the check marks to ec client and maps still nothing..
anyone else run into this problem
Very simple solution. You need to install Pinco's UI, or another mod that allows UO Cart to track positions. If you install Pinco's UI you also need to enable UO Cart in the Pinco's UI options.

I

ibslingshot

i keep getting a uocartographer.exe - application error

the application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000135). click on ok to terminate the application.

also uoam will no longer show the map just the points of interest.
i had to reformat the hd so these are all fresh installs and yes ive uninstalled them and started over multiple times
any ideas?
thanks

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have a map file that shows the server lines? It would be really helpful for the fishing quests. Thanks!

B

BIGJON

This Kinda sucks went here to D/L cartographer again since my hard drive crashed. Seems to be Gone............................It redirects to some other site apis networks somethin or the other.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Kinda sucks went here to D/L cartographer again since my hard drive crashed. Seems to be Gone............................It redirects to some other site apis networks somethin or the other.
Look a little further up. JC has a link to the DL on his site.

negr1t0

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've been searching all over the web and haven't been able to find a way to set up per-user passwords on UOC. Is it possible? does anyone know how to define them in serverusers.xml?

Thanks in advance

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My UOCART Map Window shows me as represented by a circle and the word "you" but the entire background is totally black ... no map graphic at all. H E L P???

Gantry

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My hard drive crashed recently and been trying to get UOC downloaded again. I have Windows XP and after reading back and forth through this post I finally got it working. I thought I would list the steps I took in case anyone else may be having the same problem. I'm using the classic client.

1) Used link from JC's post #965 above on page 49. Ran UOC and got Application error.
2) Downloaded .Net 2.0 and then updated to 2.0 SP1
3) Program works now but map files won't update. Opened to black screen.
4) Right clicked in black area and hit Options to see CC Path.
5) After going to Start>My Computer>C: drive>Program Files, I followed path to where map files are listed.
6) Found them in Program Files>Electronic Arts>Ultima Online Classic
7) I typed new path above to the CC Path in UOC and it was able to copy them over.
8) Make sure UOA isn't running when you do this.

I think this is everything I did to get it working again and hope this may help some others too. I'm sure some of the other options available in UOC may still need some work but at least it's working and tracking my character. Good luck and thanks to all the previous posters that I gathered all the info from. :)

Zip_81

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My hard drive crashed recently and been trying to get UOC downloaded again. I have Windows XP and after reading back and forth through this post I finally got it working. I thought I would list the steps I took in case anyone else may be having the same problem. I'm using the classic client.

1) Used link from JC's post #965 above on page 49. Ran UOC and got Application error.
2) Downloaded .Net 2.0 and then updated to 2.0 SP1
3) Program works now but map files won't update. Opened to black screen.
4) Right clicked in black area and hit Options to see CC Path.
5) After going to Start>My Computer>C: drive>Program Files, I followed path to where map files are listed.
6) Found them in Program Files>Electronic Arts>Ultima Online Classic
7) I typed new path above to the CC Path in UOC and it was able to copy them over.
8) Make sure UOA isn't running when you do this.

I think this is everything I did to get it working again and hope this may help some others too. I'm sure some of the other options available in UOC may still need some work but at least it's working and tracking my character. Good luck and thanks to all the previous posters that I gathered all the info from. :)
Has anyone continued to have any problems with this? I have done all the steps stated above however ever since the new client patcher it changed the name of the map files to map0LegacyMUl.uop So i think cartographer is having trouble distinguishing the file. I even tried renaming the files but uo wont work if i do.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HOW TO GET THIS MAP WORKING:

Download the map from here:

http://www.uoguide.com/uocartographer.zip

Additional Labels also:

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Install UO cartographer and extract the label files to where uocartographer is installed, if you're running windows 7 or Vista, have it set to run in admin mode.

If using Classic client you will need uoassist, if using Enhanced client you will need pincos ui (there's an option in pincos ui interface to enable cartographer), both clients will require microsoft.net framework installed, goto windows update to get this.

After installation you'll receive a reem of error messages, enter through these until you get a black map. Right click the black map and hit options, set the CC path to where the classis client exe file is saved, do the same for the EC (you will need a fully patched version of EC installed), regardless if you use EC or not, check the 'USE EC MAPS' then click OK, do NOT click rebuild, restart the map.

In options on the map under filter markers, select all to add the labels.

The map should now work

Zip_81

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HOW TO GET THIS MAP WORKING:

Download the map from here:

http://www.uoguide.com/uocartographer.zip

Additional Labels also:

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Install UO cartographer and extract the label files to where uocartographer is installed, if you're running windows 7 or Vista, have it set to run in admin mode.

If using Classic client you will need uoassist, if using Enhanced client you will need pincos ui (there's an option in pincos ui interface to enable cartographer), both clients will require microsoft.net framework installed, goto windows update to get this.

After installation you'll receive a reem of error messages, enter through these until you get a black map. Right click the black map and hit options, set the CC path to where the classis client exe file is saved, do the same for the EC (you will need a fully patched version of EC installed), regardless if you use EC or not, check the 'USE EC MAPS' then click OK, do NOT click rebuild, restart the map.

In options on the map under filter markers, select all to add the labels.

The map should now work
You are the best! It worked.... thank you very much for your help!!

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, im back to game again. For some reason I uninstalled my UoC. I host a server formy guild at home. Can anyone provide a link to download the UoP app from?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's installed when you install UOC. Look for "UOCServer.exe" in your UOC folder. You need to configure it in the "serveroptions.xml" file, found in the same folder, and you need to set up your router and/or firewall to forward connections to the right port and ip on your lan.