• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

K

Kiwillian

Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.8 Dec 12, re-read OP first]

Ok didn't get a reply so I'll try this again.....

With UO Automap I used to use it to put in my MIB's with the add a marker.

I see you have a way to add markers but it only takes things in the x and y co-ordinates...... is there some way to convert the degree's to x and y? Because honestly I don't know how to get the degree's from the MIB's to x and y.

If there isn't can this be added somehow?
The lat/long is actually wrong currently. I have fixed this, so I will probably add a Goto... or something in the Find dialog to enter co-ors in either XY or lat/long.

Can someone help me with the UOCServer? I cant seem to get up and running. My fellow guildies cant connect to it. Can someone give me detailed instructions on what to do please?
There's some info in the first post. The main things are to make sure you picked a port number (11000 should be the default, but check it anyway) and forward that port (UDP) on your router/modem to the PC running the server.

Edit: There's a more complete post about it here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1508154&postcount=181

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

The lat/long is actually wrong currently. I have fixed this, so I will probably add a Goto... or something in the Find dialog to enter co-ors in either XY or lat/long.
Thanks that would help a whole lot to be able to enter in the degrees instead of the x and y.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I used it normally untill 3 days ago, when i formatted the HD.
I use the same SO, the same drivers and so on but now uocartographer gives me an error and stop it.
The error is

System.MissingMethodException: Impossibile trovare il metodo 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=.#=qK5NK22gvF2IOvqv7yAIn7A==()
in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=.#=qGeU_BYM_Y$gCXcj4OtkMV2ohj_Au_ZdWun89XAGHmmk=()
in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=..ctor()
in #=qlYbN4JK5vKYNlD7YkPqgenmsUbgGeoPzCnHMrVlWGEU=.#=qRVdT2tTuN8Sef8qTPqnyNQ==()

I use windows XP Professional with the service pack 3, like before formatting the HD. I have the same programs, drivers and so on before formatting the HD.
Someone can help me?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I use the same SO, the same drivers and so on but now uocartographer gives me an error and stop it.
The error is

System.MissingMethodException: Impossibile trovare il metodo 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=.#=qK5NK22gvF2IOvqv7yAIn7A==()
in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=.#=qGeU_BYM_Y$gCXcj4OtkMV2ohj_Au_ZdWun89XAGHmmk=()
in #=qlYbN4JK5vKYNlD7YkPqgenmsUbgGeoPzCnHMrVlWGEU=.#=qRVdT2tTuN8Sef8qTPqnyNQ==()

I use windows XP Professional with the service pack 3, like before formatting the HD. I have the same programs, drivers and so on before formatting the HD.
Someone can help me?
I would make sure you have .NET 2.0 SP1 framework installed. I know you say everything is exactly the same, but my "guess" is this may be your problem. Worth a shot anyway.

Good luck and let us know if it fixes your issue, if not I am sure others will have suggestions as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...77-E02C-4AD3-AACF-A7633F706BA5&displaylang=en

D

DarkScripture

Re: UOCartographer beta, now available! (new UOAM)

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Installed and UOC is open.. Keeps centering on the upper left corner of every map. I do not use UOA. How do I get it centered on myself? If you can help with this please PM me as this thread is very long and may never see the reply.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Installed and UOC is open.. Keeps centering on the upper left corner of every map. I do not use UOA. How do I get it centered on myself? If you can help with this please PM me as this thread is very long and may never see the reply.
You MUST use UOAssist if you want to use this program with the Classic Client. There is a free trial and even after the trial the basic functions of UOAssist will continue to work including allowing UOCartographer to function properly. If you do not want to use UOAssist then you will not be able to use UOCartographer unless you choose to use the Enhanced Client where UOAssist is not needed.

*PM sent

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Schuyler Bain it's all ok :)

W

Wonton fooey

This program is great. I love it. I know you spent a lot of time on this already Kwil and at the risk of sounding like a ****** are there any plans to make it log houses?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This program is great. I love it. I know you spent a lot of time on this already Kwil and at the risk of sounding like a ****** are there any plans to make it log houses?
I know Kiwi answered this earlier in this post, but as it is getting rather long I believe the answer was that once UOAssist is fixed (it is currently not logging houses as of SA I think?) then UOC will log them like UOAM used to. The way UOC works with the Classic Client in relies on UOAssist to provide all the info from the game. This is why UOAssist is required if using the Classic Client.

Now if you are using the Enhanced Client I am not sure it is even an option. I am sure Kiwi or someone else will add/correct what I have said if it is incomplete or incorrect.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It might be time to make a UoCart FAQ. . .

D

Duke X. Winter

Kiwillian,

Your program is really cool. However, I did run into one bug. Not sure if it's your program or EA.

Note the circled parts. The rune was marked at the same place as the map shows. But the co-ordinates are different. The problem seems to start at the southern server line, and extends both east and west. I haven't had time to figure out where it corrects itself. I tried re-installing, and also reloading the maps, but no change. Suggestion?

K

Kiwillian

It'll be fixed in the next version. See 10 posts up :)

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A few questions here since this thread is huuuuuuuuuge.

1.) Can you connect to a UOAM server since both programs share same map files?

2.) I play Windows 7, and cannot get connected to a server, or start my own server. Any tips?

3.) Keep up the good work. I'm trying to switch my entire alliance to this program.

K

Kiwillian

A few questions here since this thread is huuuuuuuuuge.

1.) Can you connect to a UOAM server since both programs share same map files?

2.) I play Windows 7, and cannot get connected to a server, or start my own server. Any tips?

3.) Keep up the good work. I'm trying to switch my entire alliance to this program.
1) No. This has been discussed somewhere in this thread.

2) You're going to need to be a little more specific...

3) Thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

You know, perhaps with the next update, we should restart this thread - it's getting a bit long in the tooth with already-handled issues. What do you think, Kiwillian and my fellow Stratics mods?

It would mean going through and finding which few parts of the thread need carried over to the new one (or retyped).

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I should have a new version of my labels ready within a day or two.. maybe I should wait to post it for if we get a new topic?

K

Kiwillian

Might be an idea. I'll be a day or 2 or so. Maybe try and make up a FAQ to add too. I can repost my OP from here and reserve the 2nd post for the FAQ if I manage to make one.

Crysta, go ahead and post them here if you get them ready, then I can mirror them and put it in the new OP.

K

Kiwillian

0.9.8.0 Dec 17
+ Fix lat/long coors in Fel/Tram.
+ Find window extended to 3 tabs - "People & Places", "Lat & Long" and "X & Y". All work the same way and center the map on the chosen location (on the current facet). You can also tick the "Track?" button to get a destination pointer on the map that you can follow. (Use Clear Destination to get rid of it).
+ Installer will not overwrite icons.bmp or icons.txt if they exist.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Just wanted to say Kiwillian. Thank you for all the hard work. There really is no good reason for anyone to keep using UOAM anymore that I can think of.

I have one small request. Can you make the creation of shortcut icons in the start menu optional? It isn't a big deal but it would make upgrading easier (not that it isn't easy already... :) ).

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THIS APPLICATION IS NOT APPROVED BY EA/MYTHIC
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

this goes against what we were told when it was first introduced so it IS bannable to use?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

this goes against what we were told when it was first introduced so it IS bannable to use?
I remember that warning being there since the program was introduced.

And this is how I read it: Currently, UO:C is legal because it doesn't do the things that third party programs aren't allowed to do. However, the UO:C dude can't be held responsible if EA suddenly changes its mind. And EA can't be held responsible for UO:C's behavior either, because they didn't actually authorize it, let alone design it.

-Galen's player

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

While this program is currently not officially or publically endorsed or approved by EA/Mythic, you are free to use it without repercussion. If you have any problems, do not contact EA/Mythic about it, they DO NOT provide support for this or any other 3rd party program.[/b]

Representitives of EA/Mythic have directly told me that you will not be banned for using this and that I am free to distribute it. It does not sniff packets, read the clients memory or interfere in any way with the client.
You have more chance of getting banned for getting up and grabbing an apple without logging off than you do for getting banned for using this program.

It does not sniff packets, read the clients memory or interfere in any way with the client.
You are not going to get banned for using this program. I am as sure of that as I am sure of anything. Yes, it may be true that the earth actually is the centre of the universe, but somehow I doubt it. Your chances of getting banned for using this program are about on a par with that. Even if Mythic does implement the promised 3rd party app detection, you are not going to get banned, or even warned, for using this one.

D

Duke X. Winter

0.9.8.0 Dec 17
+ Fix lat/long coors in Fel/Tram.
+ Find window extended to 3 tabs - "People & Places", "Lat & Long" and "X & Y". All work the same way and center the map on the chosen location (on the current facet). You can also tick the "Track?" button to get a destination pointer on the map that you can follow. (Use Clear Destination to get rid of it).
+ Installer will not overwrite icons.bmp or icons.txt if they exist.
Do we need to do a clean install for the co-ords to be fixed? I went into options, then rebuilt the maps, but the co-ords are still off.

K

Kiwillian

No, it should just work. I even checked a few different places with a sextant in game :(

Where abouts is it going wrong?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: UOCartographer beta, now available!

Very nice. I remember reading about this pretty much right after SA launched, and I was pretty excited. Will install as soon as possible. Thank you Kiwillian :)

D

Duke X. Winter

I did a reinstall over top of the file, and it seemed to have fixed the issue. The version number was coming up wrong, as being the one previous to 0.9.8.0 . Working well now though, thank you!!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember that warning being there since the program was introduced.

And this is how I read it: Currently, UO:C is legal because it doesn't do the things that third party programs aren't allowed to do. However, the UO:C dude can't be held responsible if EA suddenly changes its mind. And EA can't be held responsible for UO:C's behavior either, because they didn't actually authorize it, let alone design it.

-Galen's player
Dont get me wrong, i think this is an awesome program, and load it to have a look every now and again

just wish there was definative answers that its ok, thats all :)

K

Kurgan

The crash issue with WIN7 Build 7600 is gone.
I can now zoom in & out with the mouse wheel just fine.
And the Tmap cords work like a charm..
Keep up the great work.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont get me wrong, i think this is an awesome program, and load it to have a look every now and again

just wish there was definative answers that its ok, thats all :)
He has the most definitive answer from them he can have. He did deal with them.

Only way we get banned for using it is if he changes how the program works (unlikely; he doesn't seem stupid and I'm sure he'll be publicizing it once it's out of beta) or if EA suddenly changes its mind, or if a GM gets really bad instructions.

And let's face it. Any of us are a hair away from being banned for 1 of the other 2 reasons. They could change their mind in UO Assist tomorrow and "forget" to tell us!

-Galen's player

S

ShadyWolf

The error is

in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=.#= qK5NK22gvF2IOvqv7yAIn7A==()
in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=.#= qGeU_BYM_Y$gCXcj4OtkMV2ohj_Au_ZdWun89XAGHmmk=()
in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=..c tor()
in #=qlYbN4JK5vKYNlD7YkPqgenmsUbgGeoPzCnHMrVlWGEU=.#= qRVdT2tTuN8Sef8qTPqnyNQ==()

I would make sure you have .NET 2.0 SP1 framework installed. I know you say everything is exactly the same, but my "guess" is this may be your problem. Worth a shot anyway.

Good luck and let us know if it fixes your issue, if not I am sure others will have suggestions as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...77-E02C-4AD3-AACF-A7633F706BA5&displaylang=en
I am having exactly the same problem, worked great until yesterday when I was forced to do a reformat/install.

UO and UOAssist running fine.

Downloaded the .net framework, but when I hit go, I get exactly the same error as the guy above,

Any ideas? Thanks

Cat

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

When I try starting my server all I get is the box and in the box say "starting server", and it does nothing. . Any clues? Thanks
Yep, I have exactly the same problem.

edit: I figured it out, I was forwarding the tcp port, and I needed to forward the udp port. Once I forwarded the udp port, it worked perfectly.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I am having exactly the same problem, worked great until yesterday when I was forced to do a reformat/install.

UO and UOAssist running fine.

Downloaded the .net framework, but when I hit go, I get exactly the same error as the guy above,

Any ideas? Thanks

Cat

Let's re-quote this so as to to confuse others who may have the same issue. There was a problem and a solution in the post you quoted, but it seems to have been jumbled together.

The error is

Someone can help me?

So far the solution to the "MissingMethodException" has been to redownload the .NET 2.0 SP1 (or higher) framework from Microsoft.

What OS are you using? Has that been fully updated? Make sure you are not updating an OS (i.e. XP SP 2 or whatever) and that you are indeed downloading and installing the .NET 2.0 SP1 (or higher) framework.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I do have a question though. Is anyone providing any form of professional hosting yet for UOC? By "professional" I mean 24/7, either as part of a paid hosting package, or as a free service.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A few suggestions for the server.

- The first is simple. The "Server starting..." message when the server starts up is vague and confusing. I would suggest that it be replaced with "Server started... OK", or something similar, or add that as a second message. The present message leaves you wondering if the server actually started.

- Having the option to install the server as a service the first time you start it up (then after that an option available in the options menu), would be faboo.

- And for the final fabooness, if it can be done, a Linux version of the server would also be terrific. Many professional hosts run on Linux, and this would make it much simpler for them to offer it as part of a hosting package.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a wonderful program that my friends and I want to give a go. We have downloaded the latest build (9.8.0 12/17/09) and it runs like a dream.

My trouble is that I normally run a map server for our guild. I was looking for anything here that indicated I could run a server in this software. Is there a different software package for the server functions?

On the server machine, I run Win XP fully updated. I did re-install the framework software so it is ready to go. I installed the UOC client as well, works perfect. Just am unable to locate any server software or options, just login info under right click > Options and the connect option under the right click menu.

Enlighten or guide me please?

M

mutau

Kiwilian,

I haven't been able to connect lately i think it is because it is autosaving a password to a different server than the one i need it to connect too.

I type in PW abcd but it tries to use WXYZ and won't keep the abcd PW i entered.

And then i get a large popup with alot of warnings and code in it.

I've tried Uninstall and Reinstall 3x already and the same ******** for the pw is there, no matter how many times i change it.

K

Kiwillian

This is a wonderful program that my friends and I want to give a go. We have downloaded the latest build (9.8.0 12/17/09) and it runs like a dream.

My trouble is that I normally run a map server for our guild. I was looking for anything here that indicated I could run a server in this software. Is there a different software package for the server functions?

On the server machine, I run Win XP fully updated. I did re-install the framework software so it is ready to go. I installed the UOC client as well, works perfect. Just am unable to locate any server software or options, just login info under right click > Options and the connect option under the right click menu.

Enlighten or guide me please?

There's a separate server program, called UOCServer.exe. It should be in your start menu. Failing that look in the install dir. You'll need to set a port and forward it on your modem/router (UDP!) but if you've run servers before you may know all about that :)

K

Kiwillian

Kiwilian,

I haven't been able to connect lately i think it is because it is autosaving a password to a different server than the one i need it to connect too.

I type in PW abcd but it tries to use WXYZ and won't keep the abcd PW i entered.

And then i get a large popup with alot of warnings and code in it.

I've tried Uninstall and Reinstall 3x already and the same ******** for the pw is there, no matter how many times i change it.
I'm not sure why it would do that =/

If you get really desperate try deleting options.xml under My Documents/UOCartographer (you'll lose all your settings doing this, so maybe just move it somewhere).

edit: Are you using the latest version? There are some incompatibilities with newer servers and older clients, which may be it. If you can grab the error message with the stack trace that looks like a lot of ==#$#%%#== etc and slap it up on pastebin.com or something and tell me the URL it ends up at I'll look into it :)

S

ShadyWolf

Let's re-quote this so as to to confuse others who may have the same issue. There was a problem and a solution in the post you quoted, but it seems to have been jumbled together.

So far the solution to the "MissingMethodException" has been to redownload the .NET 2.0 SP1 (or higher) framework from Microsoft.

What OS are you using? Has that been fully updated? Make sure you are not updating an OS (i.e. XP SP 2 or whatever) and that you are indeed downloading and installing the .NET 2.0 SP1 (or higher) framework.
Ive tried redownloading .net 2.0 sp 1, and its definately the framework Im downloading not a windows update.

Ill dl the latest 3.5 version and see if that rectifies:)

Thanks

Cat

K

Kiwillian

It may be in .Net 2.0 SP2 rather than 1, I can't remember. 3.5 should do it though. Just note that those SP1/SP2 numbers are just the .Net bit and not like XPSP1 or XPSP2 since XP doesn't include .net as part of the OS. :)

M

mutau

I'm not sure why it would do that =/

If you get really desperate try deleting options.xml under My Documents/UOCartographer (you'll lose all your settings doing this, so maybe just move it somewhere).

edit: Are you using the latest version? There are some incompatibilities with newer servers and older clients, which may be it. If you can grab the error message with the stack trace that looks like a lot of ==#$#%%#== etc and slap it up on pastebin.com or something and tell me the URL it ends up at I'll look into it :)
I shall try deleting the options. I did run it while i was on Vista, but recently loaded up Windows 7. I don't know if that helps.

S

ShadyWolf

The error is

in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=.#= qK5NK22gvF2IOvqv7yAIn7A==()
in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=.#= qGeU_BYM_Y$gCXcj4OtkMV2ohj_Au_ZdWun89XAGHmmk=()
in #=qVs0W2gXSag1h$AIV9t4q48eChImd5g6LxjStYARbBpQ=..c tor()
in #=qlYbN4JK5vKYNlD7YkPqgenmsUbgGeoPzCnHMrVlWGEU=.#= qRVdT2tTuN8Sef8qTPqnyNQ==()

Someone can help me?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Ive tried redownloading .net 2.0 sp 1, and its definately the framework Im downloading not a windows update.

Ill dl the latest 3.5 version and see if that rectifies:)

Thanks

Cat
UPDATE

3.5 did the trick, thanks for your help guys, carry on ;)

K

Kiwillian

I shall try deleting the options. I did run it while i was on Vista, but recently loaded up Windows 7. I don't know if that helps.
Shouldn't make much of a difference from Vista to 7. If you look in My Documents/UOCartographer (or whatever it is on 7) is there a crash log file? If so can you stick it on pastebin and post a link so I can look into the crash you had? Thanks!

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a separate server program, called UOCServer.exe. It should be in your start menu. Failing that look in the install dir. You'll need to set a port and forward it on your modem/router (UDP!) but if you've run servers before you may know all about that :)
Perfection, guess I couldn't see the forest through the trees. Working like a champ. Very nice work and your dedication is highly appreciated. Many players will be happily murdered , thanx to your fine work.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How often should I update UOC? I'm running 0.9.6.4 It seem something changes every few days.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feature request!

Is it possible to get the option to save markers to the map file of our choice? As an additional option I mean.. like a box where you can select from available maps with a check box next to it to activate it.

Something like this:

Where if the box isn't checked it goes to user.map, and if it is it goes to the chosen map file.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How often should I update UOC? I'm running 0.9.6.4 It seem something changes every few days.
Well the software is in beta and the thread title does get updated to let you know there is a new version. You will also find a change log that is updated at the bottom of the original post. So save the thread or keep an eye on it. Really you shouldn't need to update unless you are having issues, but as bugs are squashed and enhancements are made you might find the need/desire to update. Besides, it installs over top your existing install.

A

Andre

I installed UOC, and when I try to run it I keep getting "The application failed to initialize properly." Any ideas?