• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

G

gugutz

Another question: is there a command line switch to automatically connect to a server?

N

NightRider

Neither map works for me. I tried following the instruction countless times but all I get is a black map. I give up.

G

gugutz

Neither map works for me. I tried following the instruction countless times but all I get is a black map. I give up.
Did you put the correct path under the "CC Path" field on options?
You have to point it to where your UO is installed.

G

gugutz

Requests:
1 - an option to choose which client uoc is going to track, in case you are running multiple clients and wanna change between them.
2 - a sort of Markers Profile system, in which you could select different profiles with marks from different shards. say i'm playing atlantic, i select the atlantic profile and my saved markers will be there. in case i log into Great Lakes i could select the great lakes profile and all the houses from friends and markers from that shard will be loaded.

I'm suggesting cause those are the two features i always missed the most on uoam. :>>

G

gugutz

Also, could you tell me how to add users and passwords? I don't see an option for this anywhere, so i'm guessing i have to edit some xml files?

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does cartographer have an option to make it show labels that indicate what is in each building like in automap?

for example on automap it shows an ankh above where the healer rez area is in britain, or a saw above the carpenter shop

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a couple of quick things to check.

The ip that you connect to should be an internal ip (the one on your pc).

The ip that other folks connect to should be your external ip.

So double check your external ip (go into your router config and check the ip listed under "WAN".

Or go to http://whatismyipaddress.com and the website will tell you the external address automatically.
I am using all the correct info... the server just doesnt like incoming connections :(

When I do a netstat -an, it doesnt even show the server started, where when i start a uoam server on the same port it shows it....

F

Fingers of Cats

I searched through the many pages for how to install the treasure dot maps but was unable to find the instructions or the how-to... any info?

Glad to see this working since UOAM has bunked... thanks for you hard work and keep it up!

-Fingers

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just grab the last .zip I posted about 10-20 posts ago with a mediafire link.. the treasure map labels are in there. The rest arein there too, for the person who wanted to know how to make the labels appear.

F

Fingers of Cats

You're a champ Crysta! If only the T-map locations were labeled with their Long/Latitude :p I can figure it with hovering over the spots though and looking at the cursor values! Thanks again!

AktivX

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Kiwillian...

will the Server Tool run under Linux? If it will not run under Linux then can you make a Server Tool that will run under Linux?

Thanks for the Info!

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My problem has been resolved.

For those who are not that computer literate, when you set your port forwarding up for this server, set it up as a UDP port instead of a TCP.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're a champ Crysta! If only the T-map locations were labeled with their Long/Latitude :p I can figure it with hovering over the spots though and looking at the cursor values! Thanks again!
There's a "Find" option in the menu where you can enter latitude and longitude and have the map move to that point. I suppose the treasure markers are just there for convenience. :p

ingsmsico

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good job at this, back in october when I asked if there was a UOAM alternative the Stratics mods censored the issue, now thanks to your efforts we have a new map program available and legal.

a major improvement would be to add a handle to move the borderless window and min/max/X button.

basically the ability to set it up so you can do everything from borderless + always on top mode

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kiwillian,

I still crash when trying to edit and delete markers I've created from within UOC. How can I find the marker outside of the client, in the .MAP files? For example, there are no markers for Tokuno that I can see, so I wanted to create a marker for the Moongate at Makoto-Jima town. Unfortunately, I'm an idiot, I used the "Gate" icon instead of the Moongate icon! hahaha. Anyway to fix?

I have latest version installed 0.9.8.0, thanks.

Oh also, I use Vista, so eh. How do you save .MAP the map files?

NM I think I got it, need to go to UOCart folder in Program Files and then right click, properties, then uncheck Read Only and you should be able to edit map files.

R

Reximus

Hi Kiwillian...

will the Server Tool run under Linux? If it will not run under Linux then can you make a Server Tool that will run under Linux?

Thanks for the Info!
I would like to see a modified version of uoamhub that allows both uoc and uoam client to connect to the same server and see players from both.

C

Connor_Graham

Is this thing done yet or do you still have to dl that zip file? I'm still waiting for the bugs and stuff to be fixed so all I'll have to to is dl one thing one time and be done with it.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this thing done yet or do you still have to dl that zip file? I'm still waiting for the bugs and stuff to be fixed so all I'll have to to is dl one thing one time and be done with it.
Good job you didnt have the same attitude towards UO or you would never get to play it.

C

Connor_Graham

That doesn't answer the question....

Besides, there's a huge difference between software that you MUST have and software that you don't necessarily need.

R

Reximus

Then come back in a year or two.

N

NightRider

Did you put the correct path under the "CC Path" field on options?
You have to point it to where your UO is installed.
It still won't work for me. I've gone 125 months without a map so no big deal. A lot of crap in this game don't work right anyway.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's still in beta. If you don't want to use it in beta, then wait until it's out of beta.

S

Spector_Napa

First off let me say i love this program. Worked fine for me off the bat and still works fine for me without the newest version. But im trying to get one of my friends on it. he uses Windows 7, downloaded, ran the installer as admin, ran uoassist/uo/uoc as admin. it shows him in the map but shows him in Lord British's Castle in trammel. hes tried jumping from facet to facet and nothing. Any help?

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k I have a frind with win 7 & uoa & hes gettin only a black screen

when he tries to load uoc he gets the message *Something had some of the client files locked! Please close all UO related applications and restart UOC*

he does & same message

Black Window: Double and Triple check your client paths. Make sure you are setting the right one for your client and that it actually exists in windows explorer. 2d: Check it against the path in UOAssist and/or UOAM.
we've checked all the paths & they r as they should be, cc on map options has him as
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic (which is there )
no map files in ur uoc folder & even after i sent them to him & whole folder, still black screen

any ideas?

R

Reximus

And that answers my question how?
You wanted to know when it is 100% bug free so you only have to download once, that is my best suggestion.

Although, the developer should develop an auto update feature like UOAM.

C

Connor_Graham

I never said 100% bug free, and was referring to the ones that are specifically listed in this thread, one of which has a fix that required (or still does?) a download of a .zip file.

*sigh*

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
k I have a frind with win 7 & uoa & hes gettin only a black screen

when he tries to load uoc he gets the message *Something had some of the client files locked! Please close all UO related applications and restart UOC*

he does & same message

we've checked all the paths & they r as they should be, cc on map options has him as
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic (which is there )
no map files in ur uoc folder & even after i sent them to him & whole folder, still black screen

any ideas?

Be sure they are running UOC and UOA as admin and be sure your Microsoft .NET Framework is current. (2.0 or higher)

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never said 100% bug free, and was referring to the ones that are specifically listed in this thread, one of which has a fix that required (or still does?) a download of a .zip file.

*sigh*
Often it is not what is said but how it is said so I think that is why you are getting some of the responses you are. *shrugs* That being said I have never had to download a .zip file so I am not sure what you are referring to. There are optional map files that Crysta has put together so perhaps that is what you are talking about? I simply download the installer/update and away I go.

It is true it is still in beta and may not work perfectly out of the gate for everyone, but it is one guy doing all the work on the main application and he is doing it for free so I use it "as is" and at my own risk. You should give it a go if you are agreeable to those terms. If not (I certainly understand) then sit tight and wait for a new release.

Kiwi has not made a post in this thread since the 29th of December so I hope all is well. I put together an FAQ for him that compiled all the questions, answers and suggestions up through page 5 or so of this thread. I know he was going to go through an make sure it was up-to-date and relevant to the current version UOC and then post a new thread, but I have not heard anything in a few weeks.

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to have missing map files and can't seem to download them...

When he's rebuilding his maps it says something is locking the files...eventhough i'm logged on as admin on my Vista Home.

:(

so annoying to play UO without having a working fullmap to know where you're running to.

C

Connor_Graham

Often it is not what is said but how it is said so I think that is why you are getting some of the responses you are. *shrugs* That being said I have never had to download a .zip file so I am not sure what you are referring to. There are optional map files that Crysta has put together so perhaps that is what you are talking about? I simply download the installer/update and away I go.

It is true it is still in beta and may not work perfectly out of the gate for everyone, but it is one guy doing all the work on the main application and he is doing it for free so I use it "as is" and at my own risk. You should give it a go if you are agreeable to those terms. If not (I certainly understand) then sit tight and wait for a new release.

Kiwi has not made a post in this thread since the 29th of December so I hope all is well. I put together an FAQ for him that compiled all the questions, answers and suggestions up through page 5 or so of this thread. I know he was going to go through an make sure it was up-to-date and relevant to the current version UOC and then post a new thread, but I have not heard anything in a few weeks.
Ok, thank you. This is what I was looking for. The .zip file was mentioned somewhere in the middle of this very large thread somewhere. I don't recall exactly what it was, just that it was something necessary for one of the key functions to work. It might have been Crysta's stuff or might not have, I really don't remember and don't want to have to wade through this thread again. At this point I'll just sit tight and wait for Kiwi to post the next thread with the updated version. I don't even use UOAM all that much, so I'm not in any big rush for it, merely wanting something that's up to date that will work in the new lands and won't require multiple downloads and a computer degree to get to work properly.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to have missing map files and can't seem to download them...

When he's rebuilding his maps it says something is locking the files...eventhough i'm logged on as admin on my Vista Home.

so annoying to play UO without having a working fullmap to know where you're running to.
There may be some confusion here. It is not so much being logged in as "admin", but rather running the application (in this case UOC) as admin. Try this; right click on the UOC icon you use to launch the application... you should see an option that says "run as administrator." This will allow the application to run in administration mode and therefore give it access to the locked files.

This is part of the new security model in Win Vista and Win 7. If it works for you there is a way to have it always run as administrator, but let's confirm it is indeed going to resolve your issue before walking you through that step (it is not hard I just don't want to throw to much at you at once). I also do the same for UOA when using the Classic Client and I think it helped early on, but not sure it is required with the updated versions of UOC.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg thanks a lot schuyler :)

it's working fine now.

I'm still pretty new to vista...
Been using XP pro till 3 weeks ago.

Still need to get used to vista...it's even more annoying then word's paperclip...

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
omg thanks a lot schuyler :)

it's working fine now.

I'm still pretty new to vista...
Been using XP pro till 3 weeks ago.

Still need to get used to vista...it's even more annoying then word's paperclip...
My pleasure!

If you want to set the "run as admin" as the default way for the application to run simply right click the icon again, choose properties, compatibility and there should be a check box at the bottom. this way you can just double click the icon like normal.

I skipped Vista and went to Win 7 a few months back. I really like it, but there are more than a few "little tricks" to learn. I so remember the "paper clip" uggg...

O

Oppurtunity

I want this, so I downloaded it. But trying to open it, it said my .NET Framebook was wrong, so I downloaded a newer version of .NET Framebook from the Microsoft website. But during the install, it froze at the veerrrryyy end, and I eventually shut the install down after no progress after two hours. Now, when I try to open it, the .NET Framebook download to install it, I get an error message saying it can't open and shows error code 2711. Halp?

L

Luna du Selene

I'm very impressed with UOCartographer; thanks to all who made it happen, with special thanks to Crysta who personally helped me set it up (since I'm technically challenged)! :grouphug:

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you pretty much HAVE to use UOAssist with the UOCartographer to be able to track your character?

Or is there something I'm missing.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you pretty much HAVE to use UOAssist with the UOCartographer to be able to track your character?

Or is there something I'm missing.
That is correct if you are using the Classic Client (CC or 2D). The Enhanced Client (EC or 3D) does not need an application in the middle. The unregistered free to use UOAssist will work just fine if your concern is paying for an application you do not need or want.

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahhh good. I'm looking into this as an option for guild members to help each other out etc. I've already configured a server and have successfully connected to it. But the client side of things had me worried.

For anyone that is interested.

UOCartographer Server is currently running on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit system.
UOCartographer Client is currently running on a Windows 7 Professional 32bit system.

And I did the usual trick of running as an administrator for both. Foenr the server, I did make the initial mistake of installing without running as administrator, but quickly corrected it by giving my user account full access to the application folder.

Now, I'm curious. I did attempt to do the same sort of setup first with UOAM and was unsuccessful at getting UOAM to track my player, which is why I searched for an alternative. But any reason why UOAM could track my character?

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's when it's trying to locate the client it looks like.

Actually is this when you install and then you have the run the application box checked at the end of the install?
(If this is the case, I think the installer is trying to clean up any temp files and that's where it's dieing.)

Try uninstalling, then reinstall and uncheck that box. Then launch the application.

What OS are you using also. Looks like XP with the olive theme.

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to me like you've got a broken DLL somewhere on your system. Not sure what or which one though. All that error is referring to is doing a "Garbage Dump" basically.

K

Kiwillian

upgrade your .net to 2.0 SP2 or 3.5.

Hi everyone! I've been pretty busy since xmas through the holidays and it seems to be continuing. Hopefully things will settle down soon (oh god I hope so!) in the mean time I will be a bit MIA.

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggests completely uninstalling .NET, then installing the latest 3.5 pack. It will install 1 and 2.0 in the process and that way if there were any complications, you would be cleaning that off as well.

J

Jasonleebeck

upgrade your .net to 2.0 SP2 or 3.5.

Hi everyone! I've been pretty busy since xmas through the holidays and it seems to be continuing. Hopefully things will settle down soon (oh god I hope so!) in the mean time I will be a bit MIA.

Good to hear from ya pal. On the subject real quick on why UOC shows a different map compared to where your character really is, I think somehow UOC loads the last used map. For instance, I start UO and go to luna, start UOC and the map shows I'm in luna. Now I close UOC and UO. Now I reopen UO, and go to tram. Start Uo, and it shows that I'm in malas.

So perhaps there is something with the loading procedure and comparing last known to present.

just my 2cents.