• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86 to TC1

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple of random thoughts on stuff I need to either check out later if I get chance, or if someone is able to clarify please...

"Players will now be able to combine similar Tokuno style pigments up to a maximum of 50 uses by double clicking the first pigment and then targeting the second pigment to combine them."

Including the one-use 'specials' we got a while ago?

"Items will have at maximum 1 negative property applied to them."

Implies the old, multiple negative, items might now be an obscure category of collectable or rare....

Regarding 'Slim the Fence', what is "A rare chance..." ? Is it the idiotically rare chance for moonstone jewellry, a slightly less insane 'rare' chance, or .... what?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thank god for the dismount changes and the rest of the publish is good too

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The over lands loot looks good, not to powerful but still better than old one. Now I can't copy char from Siege so I had very little luck and no luck statue to test it with.
Unrawing Trammel over land loot did not seem to give any relic from first bag, second bag gave 3 relic.
Tried one bag from Felucca over land, that gave 1 relic.
It seem like not all monsters get new loot, but that is fine, it make it less powerful than Shame better than before.
I knov some was worried for losing the chance to get item with only 1-2 mods, but as some monsters fail to get new loot, this may be perfect.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay, one important question.
I have no desire to do those trade quests with my barbarian warriors. They are only good to poke stuff till dead with sharp sticks.

Is it possible to "brave brave sir robin" away those ambushes? My crafters with 60 magery will surely not be able to take them. And my bard needs some new material to write songs about extreme "bravery".

Other than that, the reports about the EC are worrisome. I only play the EC, so the game might prove unplayable for me during this weekend.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I love the new talismans! Thank you for offering an alternative to the Conjurer's Trinket.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Those new talismans look delicious, yes.
I will have to rework a few suits, though, as I too often count on the 6% LMC that mana orbs offer.
I also love the new take on the negative properties, and how jewelry have durability now.

Now, regarding the rewards, would it be possible to add something to the turn in rewards to increase the chance of getting a slayer property to normal mage/necro/mystic spellbooks when making them with inscription?
Currently, trying to get the slayer property you desire is an exercise in futility.

Kei

Knight of Kingdom of God
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the dismount nerf is too much. Perhaps a 7s will be more acceptable.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure where this is leading yet, but the ephemeral change and the new cleanup talisman might offer some nice rework for my suit :)

The bug with the EC on the other hand is *horrible*. I wonder if anyone has logged in with a patched EC even *once*.

@Mesanna @Kyronix Are we going to see a fix for the EC before the weekend? This clearly affects production shards for all EC players.

Last edited:

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stat loss again in the VvV system. Stat loss was the end to the long battles we used to have. We could PvP for up to 2 hours at a time before everyone went in to factions for the faction gear.

With Stat loss the PvP was ended as soon as 2 or 3 players went into stat loss and then that was it for 20 mins. If you were lucky the other side didn't log out during this period and you could get some PvP again. But more times than now the other side logged out due to being bored waiting.

Cut out the stat loss please. It just limits the PvP

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The VvV needs some major thinking:
One decent stealther thief can win this battle because you cannot realy catch him/her because of the huge playing field even if you chase him/her with 3-5 people.

Everybody fights against everybody else, unless you are in the same guild. What happened to the two opposing sides?

When you are alone at the beginning your guild gets points for being in control of the town. Then others enter and you controll the town. A few kills should be enough to make up for that point deficit, but is not.

That gump with VvV time display is huge, please make it smaller.

If you get into stat-loss it stays for over 30 minutes (did not happen to me but a friend im mumble).

This whole thing could work if each side had huge numbers that could prepare well for a fight. You should start thinking about a concept that also works for smaller numbers.

Why don't you make it a "king of the hill" type of thing? Each side (2-4 should be no problem) has its own "treasure hoard" (or whatever you want to describe your base), which can be bashed upon, or stolen from. Your side receives points for damaging that hoard or stealing from the hoard of your opponents. Killing opponents also gives (quiet a lot of) points. Who has most points at the end of a certain period (15 minutes seems good to me) wins. That way the battles take place at a small area (around the "treasures"), everybody can chip in no matter if you are a thief, stealther, revealer or fighter/mage, and you are not running around looking like crazy for one thief that carries the sigil.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure where this is leading yet, but the ephemeral change and the new cleanup talisman might offer some nice rework for my suit :)

The bug with the EC on the other hand is *horrible*. I wonder if anyone has logged in with a patched EC even *once*.

@Mesanna @Kyronix Are we going to see a fix for the EC before the weekend? This clearly affects production shards for all EC players.
Yes, I've logged in, and I'm playing. It's annoying and inconvenient to have to keep moving the cursor over my back pack, but it is playable.

I also just watched my hubby solo Rikktor.

Incidental comment - did anyone notice the time at which Mesanna posted the publish notes?

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, what happens to cannot be repaired items? Will it be removed from the reforging options?
And how items only being able to have one negative mod will impact reforging?

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Well I got another problem that has come up, PINCO'S UI UPDATER, wont update or EVEN WORK, says the webpage is down, so even If i wanted to play I cant and when I try to use the Normal EC, same problem, The patcher gets stuck'' RETRIEVING MANIFESTS FILES'', Ive tried it in 2 dif comps with admin settings enabled and same problem arises....... Please fix or explain what could be going wrong.....

About the tag names staying up when you hover over an item, well I been experiencing this problem for the last few months since PINCO's Last Update, I found the only way was to restart the client which in many cases in a middle of a spawn or champs boss, its not advisable as you are sure to die....... I found it mainly with people names in a party, If I try to move the icon for the life of one of the party members thats it, the cursor and the box with the chars name are stuck together, whatever I do, It cannot be unstuck unless you restart.....
The cursor also likes to reads the tags too slow, you can be over an item and it reads the item next to it which you just checked..... These little details make the whole gameplay hard at times.....

Apart from that I cannot comment on VvV, as I cannot access the game and see the changes in TC,
The city missions looks interesting, But by what Ive read, all the monsters have way too high resistances (95+) and are too strong for some....
See it this way, you make it too hard, people wont do them and will be a useless piece of code in the game that has been implemented for only the fun of very few, I am not asking it to be a walk around the park, but try to equal it out, or very easily this part of the game will be neglected by the players, I know we are in test centre to fix these problems, so hoepfully it will be balanced and fixed and no one else will complain... if thats possible...

I will make a full newbie char, wont skill it via the gumps, as It was a normal server, and see if the monsters for a newb are softer than for a 6x120 char.... (HERE is where I am gonna centre myself more, as If this problem is not fixed, if there was to be one, here is where most people would leave the game, as a new one cause they cannot fight the spawn or do anything will leave the game)

I am not looking for details for the players that are already playing, but looking to attract new players by giving them a nice scenario/situation to play.

Its not much of help here to fix the patch problems but some feedback I can give for future patches/changes.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BUG
I keep getting dismounted when I log into TC. Not so bad with my necro mage, his ethy has been in his bag.

But my sampire was no longer riding his swamp dragon and it wasn't anywhere in sight, checked the stable - not there either! My followers show 0/5.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hope so. That thing where the tool tips stick on the cursor is HORRIBLE!!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a newbie warrior, but I went and made it on Skara, so that may have screwed the results
She declared loyalty to Skara and took a delivery for Trinsic
But she couldn't use the ferry, she hasn't got a boat so the only thing she could do was use the moongate to Trinsic in Felucca.
4 ambushers appeared, they killed her. After I got a rez I added animal lore to her skills and lored the orc that killed her - she lost the chest btw, though not the feathers she'd put in it. She had starting skills and stats.

tc1lore.jpg

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
She declared loyalty to Skara and took a delivery for Trinsic
Have I understood correctly...If yr delivery had succeeded then it would have been Trinsic that would have benefited not Skara? Seems backwards if part of the purpose is to fund yr town.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, weird. If that's true, there's no way to be sure of supporting your own city, you don't know where the destination is till you take it.
I'm not sure you can get a trade order from a city you have no loyalty to. I'll check that shortly.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like I may as well wait till they fix the EC issue before I try to patch and do anything in the game as that issue will just annoy the crap out of me and I won't want to play.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, for someone who doesn't do TC, I can see no option to copy a char over...how do you do it!?!?!

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused about the Trader's Quest. Is this a system for VvV or City Governors? I wasn't aware Fel had Trade Ministers and City Treasuries.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna @Kyronix the dismount archer nerf is really really bad.
Upon playing on test center I dismounted a player and he was in animal form instantly. (4 seconds tops)
It destroys an entire special move on several weapons.
Please revert this change.
1) Not every character has Ninja/animal form.

2) What is wrong with a 4 second remount after you were dismounted by a hidden character with a ranged weapon?
Ranged dismount needed a nerf. Too many players do nothing but pop out of hiding every 10 minutes or so to dismount/gank at the gate.
You still have to have spent the points on Ninja to counter it.

3) Saying the entire special move will be destroyed is dramatic and completely false. Plenty of archers and throwers used dismount for years before animal form was nerfed.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1) Not every character has Ninja/animal form.

2) What is wrong with a 4 second remount after you were dismounted by a hidden character with a ranged weapon?
Ranged dismount needed a nerf. Too many players do nothing but pop out of hiding every 10 minutes or so to dismount/gank at the gate.
You still have to have spent the points on Ninja to counter it. And you still have bolas as a gimpy dismount option.

3) Saying the entire special move will be destroyed is dramatic and completely false. Plenty of archers and throwers used dismount for years before animal form was nerfed.

It is not true the special move is now not worth the mana cost to use. Another hit to archers. When will they nerf some other playstyle? Fine nerf my dismount but then you best nerf disarm..... I'm sick and tired of getting disarmed every 10 seconds. Nerf that so I can rearm in 2 seconds.

Anyway I think I'll go play EQ Landmark until they fix the cursor issue with the EC so I avoid the annoyance of that.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm confused about the Trader's Quest. Is this a system for VvV or City Governors? I wasn't aware Fel had Trade Ministers and City Treasuries.
Fel doesn't. This is for the cities with loyalty in Tram. The moongate travel for Fel was mentioned as being allowed, that is all. This has nothing to do with Fel.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fel doesn't. This is for the cities with loyalty in Tram. The moongate travel for Fel was mentioned as being allowed, that is all. This has nothing to do with Fel.
I thought they said the traders quest had one destination in Fel. I may have misunderstood; I can't seem to find where I read that at now.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I thought they said the traders quest had one destination in Fel. I may have misunderstood; I can't seem to find where I read that at now.
Maybe I am wrong. That would be interesting to force you to Fel for a Tram based city system.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I am wrong. That would be interesting to force you to Fel for a Tram based city system.
Upon accepting a trade order players will not be able to magically teleport except for using public moongates with a destination of Felucca. <-- From the patch notes.

Also why are the rewards like 1000000% better for screwing your city over than helping it out? *RAGE* :yell:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who in the PvP focus group thought this would help PvP? Jesus this was your guys last chance..wtf are you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who in the PvP focus group thought this would help PvP? Jesus this was your guys last chance..wtf are you doing?

Very constructive, much feedback, wow

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very constructive, much feedback, wow
It was meant to be feedback..there is no other feedback other than remove the whole system..there's no reason for me to even play it..at least I won't get statted at yew gate..I can log in pvp for an hour and then log into another game with better mini games..I think everyone who cried for pvp help wanted something worth joining

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not true the special move is now not worth the mana cost to use. Another hit to archers. When will they nerf some other playstyle? Fine nerf my dismount but then you best nerf disarm..... I'm sick and tired of getting disarmed every 10 seconds. Nerf that so I can rearm in 2 seconds.

Anyway I think I'll go play EQ Landmark until they fix the cursor issue with the EC so I avoid the annoyance of that.
How can you possibly say that dismount is now worthless to archers?
Archers used dismount for years before the animal form nerf made it way too overpowered last year.
Archers will still be using dismount after this change and most of them will still be gutless hiders that just pop out to gank.

But I do 100% agree with you that disarm is still way too lame. You just should not be able to almost completely disable an entire range of templates with one lather, rinse, repeat move that requires no pvp skill at all to use.
The timing change to it awhile back did nothing at all to hamper it.

And FYI, I am well known to mainly only play throwers and archers and I still like this dismount change a lot.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies to anyone who's followed me along the roads of Sosaria. I've abandoned the quest because I can't do a darn thing with the spawn. :(

Big worry: I had to leave all that nasty spawn all over the road, what happens to the next person to travel that route? Will they have to contend with the spawn I had to abandon?

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, I've logged in, and I'm playing. It's annoying and inconvenient to have to keep moving the cursor over my back pack, but it is playable.

I also just watched my hubby solo Rikktor.

Incidental comment - did anyone notice the time at which Mesanna posted the publish notes?
But on the negative side, it begs the question, If we have a QA, or even if the devs do their own QA, does no one at the office play the EC where this would have been noticed?

Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak Not sure if this bug has been posted or not, but in the twisted wield, the Satyrs and the Dryads are killing each other as well as the pixies and the shadow wisps.

Edit: Also, I just saw a dryad attacking a Swoop! :p

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for duck points, I saved millions of them. :)
The fighting stuff looks fun for some too. Trades as well.

I do however agree with Lucky. I really, really thought deco items would be on that list. Paintings, furniture, stuff npcs will not share.
You can get all freaky fried and say is this all I have to complain about. Well, yes.

I play for my shop and my homes. I fight if I am forced to. Please reconsider that list and add some deco. Please. You asked us and many told you deco please.
Thanks for your time. *llama bows*

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fence who will accept trade deals you do not deliver to the 'proper' city is in Fel. The cites you deliver to are the Trammel ones.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How can you possibly say that dismount is now worthless to archers?
Archers used dismount for years before the animal form nerf made it way too overpowered last year.
Archers will still be using dismount after this change and most of them will still be gutless hiders that just pop out to gank.

But I do 100% agree with you that disarm is still way too lame. You just should not be able to almost completely disable an entire range of templates with one lather, rinse, repeat move that requires no pvp skill at all to use.
The timing change to it awhile back did nothing at all to hamper it.

And FYI, I am well known to mainly only play throwers and archers and I still like this dismount change a lot.
Not every archer is a stealth archer. And I can say that because I am an archer... Don't stealth though so once I knock someone off their mount they are right down on the ground with ME.... disarming little weasels... so if I can't slow them from running off like a bunch of sissies then what am I to do? Can't stand toe to toe with them... They disarm every other move... And yes it's ruined. They get back on their mount before you can even swap a weapon out to hit them once. Back in form they go and off they are again. That does nothing but waste a lot of mana. 4 seconds is too quick. I agree 7 would be more fair. I could at least get a shot off at them not that it will hit because archery has been nerfed to oblivion... and not that I'll have a weapon to hit them with since I'll likely be disarmed in 2 seconds anyway.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When someone mentioned scaling the attackers to the person or party doing the trade deal delivery.... they were clearly having a laugh.

Doing them with one character, thankfully a stealther/ninja/mage, or he would be dead so many times over it would be enough to make me give up in disgust.... every creature is 95 in all resists, 151 in all combat skills, and several thousand HP (Ettins were 4.5k, dire wolves 3.5k), never saw spawn groups below 6 creatures, all move VERY fast. As Petra mentions earlier, if you do these with stealth you are just going to fill the world with super-powered monsters, presumably also aggressive to everyone else as well as the carrier of a trade deal, but hard to test that one solo.....

Generated a LOT of attacking groups - can't test if that is because I did not kill any along the way, because there's damn all chance I COULD kill and of those groups along the way ...

Rewards, for the two I did (5 quarter staffs from Moonglow to Jhelom and 5 mah jongg boards from Trinsic to Minoc!) were both 29k gold to the receiving town stone, and crafting supplies for me - about 100 copper ingots for the first, 11 perfect emeralds for the second.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You still have to have spent the points on Ninja to counter it.
+1

This is so true. And when you finally get them out in the open they just pop smoke bomb and hide again like a p***y. Some people have a funny way to PvP!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magical jewelry (rings and bracelets) will now have a default max durability of 255.
I've not had a chance to login and check this. I'm reading it as all jewels will have durability added, even "clean" ones?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Disarm should be nerfed as well. Its cheap and abused. a real nerf tho, not simply increased mana cost

an increase of mana cost of 5 is insignificant. its never going to be double (effective 10 increase) because dismount is usually the first shot. average of 90-120 mana i dont see how the dismount mana cost would effect anyone.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, weird. If that's true, there's no way to be sure of supporting your own city, you don't know where the destination is till you take it.
I'm not sure you can get a trade order from a city you have no loyalty to. I'll check that shortly.
You can pick up trade deals from anywhere, and it's the city you deliver to that gets the gold on their stone... so as you say, you take them 'blind' and hope you get one for the city you want to support...

This is... not a clever system. At any level. Hopefully a LOT is going to get changed before it goes anywhere near a real shard.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BUG
I keep getting dismounted when I log into TC. Not so bad with my necro mage, his ethy has been in his bag.

But my sampire was no longer riding his swamp dragon and it wasn't anywhere in sight, checked the stable - not there either! My followers show 0/5.
I copied my tamer over, stabled my GD and logged out while mounted on my nightmare.

Logged back in to find my mare gone with 0/5 followers, went to the stables and I HAVE NO PETS LEFT!

My stable was nearly full, but now there is nothing in the stable.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I copied my tamer over, stabled my GD and logged out while mounted on my nightmare.

Logged back in to find my mare gone with 0/5 followers, went to the stables and I HAVE NO PETS LEFT!

My stable was nearly full, but now there is nothing in the stable.
We are looking into this issue.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can pick up trade deals from anywhere, and it's the city you deliver to that gets the gold on their stone... so as you say, you take them 'blind' and hope you get one for the city you want to support...

This is... not a clever system. At any level. Hopefully a LOT is going to get changed before it goes anywhere near a real shard.
If you have specific feedback, or encounter issues related to any part of the publish feel free to head on over to the TC1 forums and let us know!