• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86 to TC1

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These mobs are equivalent to the Covetous Lv 4 mobs, with less speed to where you can outrun them, but the skills/resistances are about the same.
All I can say is there needs to be a tradeoff. If the end rewards are too desirable and thus a low RNG roll rate, and the content is too difficult, that doesn't work. I better get a reward after going through all that crap ;D.

I don't care to spend all my time in Covetous LvL 4 but when I do, I drag one off at a time with a Greater Dragon. Meh, I don't know. If the quest is intended to be done with a group, then I'll stop pancakes, but I assumed these quests are meant for individuals?

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have heard stat loss has been adjusted to 10 minutes, atleast from a friend who tried it on TC. But noone has time for 2 hour battles anymore, are you crazy? Stat loss is a needed mechanic to keep fights flowing, instead of 2 hour sit in field and chokepoint fests.
I can remember fights that started in Despise with the chokepoint and fields and continued on into terrakeep around the star room with one group holding a choke point and mass murder going on around. Sure it would last hours and be totally exhausting, but we just don't have the player for this type of battle anymore.

But the short bursts of PvP suck and most people get board waiting around for others to get out of stat loss. We used to be able to stop people ressing up and getting straight back into the fight by looting their, regs/pots and bandies. But again we cant do this anymore, pot weigh too much now and no one uses regs anymore.

I just want to PvP for as much game time as I have rather than sit at Luna waiting for others to get out of stat. I would rather log out and play another game that does not penalise you for PvP

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If we want to make sure that the trade quests support the city, regardless of who gets the delivery, maybe also give the value of the items to the originating city's treasury? 5 scissors isn't a ton of gold, but it all adds up to help. :)

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Who in the PvP focus group thought this would help PvP? Jesus this was your guys last chance..wtf are you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do realize that in the pub notes it clearly states, "phase 1", right? I would suspect that after a few days of working the kinks out, maybe, JUST MAYBE, there might be a phase 2 releasing more game content? I dunno, but I'm not prematurely jumping the gun much like yourself. I can't wait to sit back and watch what you have to say after all the testing takes place and it is release on prodo shards. Maybe by then you will stick to playing other games and leave this new system that has a lot of potential to all the individuals that will come to enjoy it.

I think you're all doing just fine! Will keep reporting bugs/issues as I find them.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People: The trade quest ambush mobs are not scaling correctly. They aren't supposed to have 5k Strength and oneshotting people, among the many other things.

Relax, this is why its on TC

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can remember fights that started in Despise with the chokepoint and fields and continued on into terrakeep around the star room with one group holding a choke point and mass murder going on around. Sure it would last hours and be totally exhausting, but we just don't have the player for this type of battle anymore.

But the short bursts of PvP suck and most people get board waiting around for others to get out of stat loss. We used to be able to stop people ressing up and getting straight back into the fight by looting their, regs/pots and bandies. But again we cant do this anymore, pot weigh too much now and no one uses regs anymore.

I just want to PvP for as much game time as I have rather than sit at Luna waiting for others to get out of stat. I would rather log out and play another game that does not penalise you for PvP
You are doing something wrong if stat is taking you completely out of the fight. Stat doesn't mean you have to log off, it just means you have to adjust your role in the fight. UO isnt other MMOs mechanic wise, so obviously its going to be different. Whether thats a bad thing or good thing is up for debate, but it is what it is.

Stat is good, it lets a smaller guild win against a zerg. It keeps battles shorter, and more intense.

And with VvV youll have battles constantly being available.

Consequences for losing/dying. Thats UO PvP's biggest strength, something most other MMOs don't have. That is why UO PvP > any other MMO.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All I can say is there needs to be a tradeoff. If the end rewards are too desirable and thus a low RNG roll rate, and the content is too difficult, that doesn't work. I better get a reward after going through all that crap ;D.

I don't care to spend all my time in Covetous LvL 4 but when I do, I drag one off at a time with a Greater Dragon. Meh, I don't know. If the quest is intended to be done with a group, then I'll stop pancakes, but I assumed these quests are meant for individuals?
I would imagine if a group were to do that quest, each player could end up being ambushed by separate mob groups, possibly, then again if many people are doing the quest together, what are the odds of all the group members getting the same delivery destination?

I have not tried to do the quest in a party, if it works like the high-seas pirate capturing quest, only one person needs to accept it, and everyone in party that participated gets a reward.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have heard stat loss has been adjusted to 10 minutes, atleast from a friend who tried it on TC.
That sounds good, I always did think 20 minutes was a bit long...
I wonder if they're still going to implement the "Wounded" debuff as originally talked about in the original VvV thread somehow?

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sooooo how do we complete the quest? I have handed it to the guy, dropped it on the town chest, talked to the guy and nothing. :(

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sooooo how do we complete the quest? I have handed it to the guy, dropped it on the town chest, talked to the guy and nothing. :(
You single click him, and choose the option to turn it in.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmpf. Copied a character to Test for Testing, and then intended to do a regular character transfer with a different char on another shard to another shard for a friend with the same account.
That this is not possible for 24(?) hours was a very unpleasant surprise. Is this the thank you for trying to help testing?
:(
*Salute*
Olahorand

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmpf. Copied a character to Test for Testing, and then intended to do a regular character transfer with a different char on another shard to another shard for a friend with the same account.
That this is not possible for 24(?) hours was a very unpleasant surprise. Is this the thank you for trying to help testing?
:(
*Salute*
Olahorand
Correct 24 hour cooldown starting after your last transfer OR character copy.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we don't kill the monsters, is there a plan to have them poof after a bit? I am leaving a slew of creatures around!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't looked into this publish in much detail yet, but I have one big question that's on my mind which I will post here in hopes someone knows an answer. Are VvV guilds permitted to be in an alliance or will my alliance be losing members/guilds who want to try this system out?

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just got a message that my boat will be moved in 5 minutes. I am parked at Ocllo So I ran back to my boat and brigands spawns on my boat. now I can't dry dock it. If it goes out to sea, will they go and can I sacred journey to it once it goes far away?

well yes I know I can, but it may be blocked. I suppose the edges of shore may be blocked with people trying to get to Slim who pops around from tavern to tavern.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just noticed another problem with labels in the enhanced client.
When I am browsing vendors and I am in the normal enhanced client box view or grid view mode it works fine.
But when I switch to legacy backpack view no labels pop up when I mouse over items.
So I can't shop in legacy backpack view because I can't see the prices!
Nothing pops up even when I click on the items I don't see the names of the items.
Same problem with my backpack. I have to keep it in the box view mode otherwise I can't see what my items are.
Strange.
Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Plus I still don't know if my default zoom being farther away now was a dev change or a mistake on my part. Has anyone else noticed their default zoom changed?

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did a handful of Despise Tram runs on test. The boss loot is garbage. The notes state that new global loot changes make it so that there is a maximum of 1 negative property that can spawn on items. Is it still possible for a clean legendary item to still spawn? The three runs I did yielded no legendary items at all, where as 80% or better of the boss loot used to be legendary (albeit cursed, brittle and cannot be repaired).

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did a handful of Despise Tram runs on test. The boss loot is garbage. The notes state that new global loot changes make it so that there is a maximum of 1 negative property that can spawn on items. Is it still possible for a clean legendary item to still spawn? The three runs I did yielded no legendary items at all, where as 80% or better of the boss loot used to be legendary (albeit cursed, brittle and cannot be repaired).

Yeah I checked out Covetous 4 and lvl 4 Shame wind els, the loot seems of lower quality, (less over all lesser Artifacts and higher) killed about 10 mobs on each, and it's definitely more rare to see those items, but Luck seems to actually make a difference (not noticable on EVERY kill) but sometimes you do get Almost double the amount of items on some kills.

Since the items can only spawn with one (1) negative property now, it's probably for the best that they did this, as it's a lot easier to get "usable" items.

I just hope they either remove the rings/bracelets 255 durability if they are "clean", OR they allow PoF to be applied to these jewelry pieces, if they're clean or which ever negative property allows it.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most other MMOs dont have scenarios where you are in the same battle for over 2 hours thanks to choke points and fields.
RVR in DAoC, Wintergrasp in WoW, Ilum on SWTOR all at one point could last for hours at a time and had choke points and field equivalents. Not a single one made your character unplayable if you died.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
RVR in DAoC, Wintergrasp in WoW, Ilum on SWTOR all at one point could last for hours at a time and had choke points and field equivalents. Not a single one made your character unplayable if you died.
"at a time"

Do they now? I know for a fact WoW doesnt

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
going back on TC w/o dungeon runes reminds me of how much I miss UOAM...I'll need to figure out how to reinstall and make UOCart work on my new computer

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
will guilds be able to keep alliances or have to break them to join this new system?

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"at a time"

Do they now? I know for a fact WoW doesnt
Only because that content aged out and no one does it anymore due to it being 3 expansions old. Do you have an example of another game that makes your character useless if you die in PVP? Gaming companies want people to play more, not to stop them from playing.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
going back on TC w/o dungeon runes reminds me of how much I miss UOAM...I'll need to figure out how to reinstall and make UOCart work on my new computer
why in the world are you "missing" uoam - I got it working fine and posted it to the sticky thread at the top of the uhall

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only because that content aged out and no one does it anymore due to it being 3 expansions old. Do you have an example of another game that makes your character useless if you die in PVP? Gaming companies want people to play more, not to stop them from playing.
Wintergrasp never lasted hours. It lasted 30 minutes max (Which has been updated for max level players). Tol Barad didnt last hours, nor did anything in MoP or anything in upcoming WoD.

Stat doesn't force you to stop playing. Stat doesn't make it so you have to log off.

EVE has penalties for dying
RIFT has penalties for dying

I really dont feel like going through every MMO for you. But you are welcome to look up the NUMEROUS articles arguing why consequences for death is needed in MMOs and how the WoW model of "No penalty for dying" has hurt the industry.

Plays always want the easy road, and the easy road usually always leads to the destruction and degradation of the game.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt that the point? Being bad is always more lucrative than it is being good.
Yes, but the reason for that is risk. There is no extra risk for doing the "bad" thing, so the much better reward makes no sense.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why in the world are you "missing" uoam - I got it working fine and posted it to the sticky thread at the top of the uhall
haha man I don't read stickies, that's like reading a manual :p

finnneeee I'll take a look (because I forget how to get UOCart to work)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, thanks to kojak I got UOCart working lol :p thank you

overland loot is go:
http://i61.***********/2ivicnm.png

on my way to Shame, haha.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stat doesn't force you to stop playing. Stat doesn't make it so you have to log off.
When I see faction fights the people that die stand typically stand there as a ghost, and for good reason. A character in stat loss is pretty useless, tamers can't command pets, dexers can't hit anything, mages fizzle, there is a reason we take our skills to 120. You might as well say sure you can pvp naked on a newbie char, but the result would be the same.

Many avoid factions due to stat loss. I'd rather they didn't copy the mistakes of the past and tried something new. We don't need another failed system that very few want to participate in or use ala Ephemeral, Factions, Refinement, or Shadowlords on the Ararat.

Personally my hopes for VvV were something like a more complex/involved Choas/Order which I think most people thought of when it was announced or something akin to the original Hero/Evil system on Siege before it got changed and tied to Factions but this seems to be just Factions in a different dress. Instead of fighting over sigils in a base you're fighting over a city with a sigils mini game. Like a Factions: Battlegrounds! I guess time will tell though. /shrug

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
many fps games you get 1 life and then have to sit out if you die. theres also permadeath in some games. sometimes in hardcore mode like on minecraft, sometimes its just normal. if you die you die. you dont get your character "back" at all. its gone.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was kind of concerned with the thought of Wind ele loot nerfs, because that's my go to.

w/ 0 luck,

#1 : 6 items, 1 brittle, 1 prized
best item: animated gargish dagger w/ HSL 30 / DCI 15 / SSI 35 (no curses)

#2: 6 items, 2 massive (125 STR requirement)
best item: ring w/ 8 int / 50 luck / DCI 5 / FCR 2 / LRC 10 (255 dur)
best item #2: energy eater 6 / INT 4 / HP 5 / LRC 20 / 5/11/7/6/6 gargish leather leggings

#3: 7 items, 1 cursed, 1 antique, 2 massive
best item: studded leggings 17/4/8/8/9 HCI 1 / EP 1 / Ref Phys 5 / DEX 2 / Antique (255 dur)

#4 (diseased blood ele): 6 items, 1 antique
best item: gargish stone kilt 6/11/9/13/11 mage armor / lmc 2 / hci 1 / mr 1 / int 1
best item #2: war fork w/ hpr 3 / stam regen 3 / lmc 4 (useful for training a new fencer w/ hpr 3 and to extent stam regen 3)
best item #3: scepter w/ hit dispel 10 / hll 35 / stam 3 / mr 3 / dci 5 (useful for a scribe or something w/ mana regen)

#5: 5 items (4 jewels), 1 prized, 2 antique (2/4 jewels cursed)
best item: wide-brim hat (prized) w/ str 1, stam 6, mana 8 , stam regen 1, dci 4, 10/10/24/20/10 & (23 dur)
best item #2: ring w/ 15 eval / 15 mace / antique / int 8 / EP 25 / LMC 8 / SSI 10 (255 dur) -- meh
best item #3: ring w/ 8 dex / mr 1 / night sight / ep 10 / di 25 (255 dur) -- no curses, at least

===

I'll have to see what luck does but looks like if you farmed a bit you'd eventually get some pretty decent items to enhance/use, and no more -100 luck items, from what I'm seeing...if that's the case, then yay!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
many fps games you get 1 life and then have to sit out if you die. theres also permadeath in some games. sometimes in hardcore mode like on minecraft, sometimes its just normal. if you die you die. you dont get your character "back" at all. its gone.
We're talking MMO PVP here not Hardcore Diablo or FPS, apples and oranges.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was kind of concerned with the thought of Wind ele loot nerfs, because that's my go to.

w/ 0 luck,

#1 : 6 items, 1 brittle, 1 prized
best item: animated gargish dagger w/ HSL 30 / DCI 15 / SSI 35 (no curses)

#2: 6 items, 2 massive (125 STR requirement)
best item: ring w/ 8 int / 50 luck / DCI 5 / FCR 2 / LRC 10 (255 dur)
best item #2: energy eater 6 / INT 4 / HP 5 / LRC 20 / 5/11/7/6/6 gargish leather leggings

#3: 7 items, 1 cursed, 1 antique, 2 massive
best item: studded leggings 17/4/8/8/9 HCI 1 / EP 1 / Ref Phys 5 / DEX 2 / Antique (255 dur)

#4 (diseased blood ele): 6 items, 1 antique
best item: gargish stone kilt 6/11/9/13/11 mage armor / lmc 2 / hci 1 / mr 1 / int 1
best item #2: war fork w/ hpr 3 / stam regen 3 / lmc 4 (useful for training a new fencer w/ hpr 3 and to extent stam regen 3)
best item #3: scepter w/ hit dispel 10 / hll 35 / stam 3 / mr 3 / dci 5 (useful for a scribe or something w/ mana regen)

#5: 5 items (4 jewels), 1 prized, 2 antique (2/4 jewels cursed)
best item: wide-brim hat (prized) w/ str 1, stam 6, mana 8 , stam regen 1, dci 4, 10/10/24/20/10 & (23 dur)
best item #2: ring w/ 15 eval / 15 mace / antique / int 8 / EP 25 / LMC 8 / SSI 10 (255 dur) -- meh
best item #3: ring w/ 8 dex / mr 1 / night sight / ep 10 / di 25 (255 dur) -- no curses, at least

===

I'll have to see what luck does but looks like if you farmed a bit you'd eventually get some pretty decent items to enhance/use, and no more -100 luck items, from what I'm seeing...if that's the case, then yay!
Luck makes it CRAZY. I posted this in the TC forum, but a guildmate (who copied his toon with a luck suit, 2260 luck or so) and I did a Melisande run in Fel and we got A LOT of good stuff. One of the items was a Talisman. I forget the other mods on it, but it gave an Inscription bonus of 43%.

Afterwards, we did an Oaks in Ilshenar (well, we finished it up) and got some more good loot. It wasn't as good as the Mel, but I believe a champion (or anything) in Fel would have better loot than its Tram counterpart.

When I went on my own earlier in the day (Fel-side Wrong), I was getting decent loot. With a little time and a luck suit, I don't doubt that I could get some amazing stuff.

Either way, I will certainly be farming the crap out of Peerless bosses in Fel once Pub 86 goes live on normal shards.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You are doing something wrong if stat is taking you completely out of the fight. Stat doesn't mean you have to log off, it just means you have to adjust your role in the fight. UO isnt other MMOs mechanic wise, so obviously its going to be different. Whether thats a bad thing or good thing is up for debate, but it is what it is.

Stat is good, it lets a smaller guild win against a zerg. It keeps battles shorter, and more intense.

And with VvV youll have battles constantly being available.

Consequences for losing/dying. Thats UO PvP's biggest strength, something most other MMOs don't have. That is why UO PvP > any other MMO.
Dude, read whats been posted, not what you think I should have posted! I very rarely go into stat its the waiting around for other members of your team that urinates on the party. Then people log out due to the costant waiting around due to stat loss. 5 mins fighting 20 mins down time, 5 mins fighting 20 mins down time, 5 ins fighting, everyone logs out due to down time. so nearly and hours game time and only 10 mins PvP.

If you want to argue this is what people want, I put it to you that your just looking to argue rather than talk about the real issues.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes. The plan is for them to despawn after 10 minutes of not being hit.
Sounds good. There may be some who want to kill the leftover spawn, if they get less nasty and do have new loot. Anything that make players traveling the land or the sea seeking for something will be great. I like their slow speed, as they won't be a problem for crafters and gathers as they easy can run from them, if attended.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I just got a message that my boat will be moved in 5 minutes. I am parked at Ocllo So I ran back to my boat and brigands spawns on my boat. now I can't dry dock it. If it goes out to sea, will they go and can I sacred journey to it once it goes far away?

well yes I know I can, but it may be blocked. I suppose the edges of shore may be blocked with people trying to get to Slim who pops around from tavern to tavern.
LOL, in that case, the boats may be camped of player brigands too. I would not park it but dock it, find Slim and then you can recall home.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the rings and bracelets now have durability from what I have seen. Can these items be re-fortified does anyone know? I kinda liked no durability on loot jewels.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck makes it CRAZY. I posted this in the TC forum, but a guildmate (who copied his toon with a luck suit, 2260 luck or so) and I did a Melisande run in Fel and we got A LOT of good stuff. One of the items was a Talisman. I forget the other mods on it, but it gave an Inscription bonus of 43%.
I believe they said in notes that Fel is given am inherent 1,000 luck bonus. That being said, I had no idea talismans were tied to the new loot. I wonder if we shouldn't delete any mention of that, hahahaha. But wow. I mean, I thought the spawn principle was up to 30% bonus on talismans...I wonder if it's now 45%, or what? Wow.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the rings and bracelets now have durability from what I have seen. Can these items be re-fortified does anyone know? I kinda liked no durability on loot jewels.
Well...if there's no more -100 luck...there certainly are no more brittle/-100 luck/cursed all on one, so...I think I only saw antique on jewels in my small sample size. What I mean to say is, old system would give you artifact level jewels that were no durability but maybe cursed and also -100 luck, and to me, I'd rather have antique and 255 durability...but then, I guess we'll have to see just how fast antique wear out.

If antique is based on being hit, then antique items on say, a tamer, or even most PvM mages, will last forever. They won't be nearly as useful on dexxers, though. In that case, one might want to try and farm jewelry right now...before they change things. Because I don't think it's going to be a retroactive change...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Personally, I prefer my items with durability. I'd even like that tangle, crimmys and stuff like that had durability too so that there would be a reason to farm extra of them.
I am not a big fan of "Mumm Ra the ever lasting" items. :p

Ps. Yes, I am a geek. I can't help it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're talking MMO PVP here not Hardcore Diablo or FPS, apples and oranges.
ok fair enough. ill use my go-to. Darkfall. you lose everything just like in old UO and cant just start playing again. theirs others out there. yes its usually a more dedicated "hardcore" type of players, but isnt that what factions is supposed to be for?

Ill mention Trials of Ascension too. not out yet but looks really really good. Non-consensual pvp. skill-based classless system. crafting. dynamic world. permadeath is possible. Even the world is more like what UO was originally intended to be before garriot abandoned the dynamic world idea.

Im not looking for an arguement, just saying UO is unique for many reasons from other games. Just look at the event item drop thread. What other game could the hardest pvm content be successfully rewarding to a new player? None that i know of.

I think in a game in UO where there has to be at least some major penalty for death. Id like to see it for pvm as well but know that will never happen. current "stat loss" doesnt have to be it, but something. Maybe 1million gold per death (although anytime $$ gets involved itll seperate out the rich from poor), or cant heal oneself for 15mins using spells or potions, or damage cut by 50 percents, or hp decreased by 25percent. Oh yeah, Darksouls 2 you lose 5percent hp everytime you die.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally, I prefer my items with durability. I'd even like that tangle, crimmys and stuff like that had durability too so that there would be a reason to farm extra of them.
I am not a big fan of "Mumm Ra the ever lasting" items. :p

Ps. Yes, I am a geek. I can't help it.

Well for some of us with over 40 characters I have too much reason to be constantly farming them.... I don't need to have to replace suits along with trying to stay with the times and upgrade 40+ characters.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they cant be. i think this was to prevent all the old ephemeral (no antique) from be forted back up. I see why antique shouldnt be able to be forted, but regular jewels should be.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see why antique shouldnt be able to be forted, but regular jewels should be.
Yeah be nice if any "clean" jewels would still spawn without durability, or be able to be re-fortified (with the exception of imbued ones).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well for some of us with over 40 characters I have too much reason to be constantly farming them.... I don't need to have to replace suits along with trying to stay with the times and upgrade 40+ characters.
I have 21 characters and the only suits I had to replace due to wear in 3 years so far were the ones that I reforged with brittle and cannot be repaired for one of my dexxers when I was training her. And those lasted me a good two months, during a time when I was able to play daily.
It takes quite a bit for a 255 dur item to wear out to the point you have to replace it, specially on tamers and mages.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I won't be able to get in-game until tomorrow, but I am wondering if bard instruments were fixed to spawn in the Shame-style loot.

Anyone finding instruments on TC1 now?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Afterwards, we did an Oaks in Ilshenar (well, we finished it up) and got some more good loot. It wasn't as good as the Mel, but I believe a champion (or anything) in Fel would have better loot than its Tram counterpart.

When I went on my own earlier in the day (Fel-side Wrong), I was getting decent loot. With a little time and a luck suit, I don't doubt that I could get some amazing stuff.

Either way, I will certainly be farming the crap out of Peerless bosses in Fel once Pub 86 goes live on normal shards.
There's a known issue with talisman property generation, they will spawn with properties more in line with what's currently available on a future update to TC1.