• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86.0.1 to TC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I find it funny that you call his Wrest template stupid, but then you go on to complain repeatedly about Disarm Splinters in your "essay". You do realize that Wrestlers are practically immune to Disarm, right? Not only that, but they can do it right back. They also have access to an ample amount of SDI from Spellbooks. Dexxer has you Dismounted with Splinter on you? Disarm punch him, heal through the bleed DoT, and you're fine.

Hehe. Archer/Mages aren't anything new. http://www.wtfman.com/flash/commovie.htm
Ok... First off, I didn't say all wrestle mages are stupid. Otherwise I wouldn't play one (as I mentioned in my essay...). I said *45 HCI* Wrestle Mages are stupid, because the only thing you are getting from it is the ability to disarm; and it's kind of hard to rely on that when you're getting ganked. But the point is, Wrestle mages already have a sort of advantage against dexxers in the field, being that they can't be disarmed, and if they have parry it's really hard to hit them. But again, these are all Defensive Buffs, not offensive. The only thing 45 HCI does for a wrestle mage offensively is give them the ability to para for a dump; which I'm sure will work amply against noobs, but not against anyone who knows how to use a box well.

Your hypothetical scenario seems to be based on a 1v1 scenario; and dexxers generally don't dismount 1v1, and if they do, they usually have a pet in which case disarming them won't solve all your problems. But either way, disarming someone on a mage is again, a defensive maneuver. It doesn't make up for the fact that they still out-power you even without disarm. But if it's not a 1v1? Well good luck trying to disarm the dexxer while whoever else is with them just dumps the hell out of you. Also, there is a trade off. Time you spend trying to disarm is time you could spend casting. If you try and disarm and miss, instead of going for a heal, it might cost you your life. 45 HCI is useless on a mage, unless you actually intend to do damage. But wrestle alone is not useless. Please don't confuse the two points. Oh also, I wasn't just complaining about disarm splinter, although that with some AI/moving shot spams on a 210 archer could be absolutely ridiculous. I was complaining about the fact that a GROUP could dismount you, THEN disarm splinter you. Sure, someone can do it 1v1, but in that case you can just run after being dismounted, before they get the disarm splinter (although someone good might get it anyway). You brought up the hypothetical scenario that someone would try to splinter you when you're on foot, even though you have wrestling, and your response was to disarm them. Well first off, if they are in a group, disarming them might not accomplish much, because there's still a group dumping you. And good luck running with your disarm ability toggled, instead of casting anything, like you should (assuming there's no weaken spammer). Second off, the scenario you gave was of you being dismounted with a splinter, to which you can just disarm the dexxer and heal through the dot. But why on earth would they use splinter disarm if you are already disarmed (being you have wrestling)? No, instead they would just do something else, like Para/mortal/nerve strike/deathstrike/frenzy/LethalPoison (which they might splinter with) all while dumping you. A Wrestle Mage is a good template defensively against dexxers. I'm not saying it's not. But it's pretty weak against the dismount, because when you are on foot, it's not easy to get remounted without ninja. You still have to make trade offs to play a wrestle mage. If you have a pet, they will most likely kill your pet before your timer runs out, and if not, they will kill it, and then just dismount you again. If you tele they will weaken spam. If you invis they will conflag/t-storm/hail storm/meteor swarm/earthquake/etc. And btw, you're trying to do all of this WHILE they dump the hell out of you with massive damage and specials.

Are you arguing that archer/mages aren't new to dispute my point? Because I don't think you seem to have gotten the point of the argument. I never said Archer Mages were new, as in they were just created, but I'm sure the original creators didn't specifically create archery for mages. The game was made where you work individual skills, as opposed to gain levels, to allow players the ability to build their characters the way they see fit. It gives players a more unique personalized experience. That is the point. The fallacy of the Ninja/Mage not being the original intent of the creators- argument.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, if you're getting Dismount ganked by a group, it doesn't matter if you get Splintered by one of them, you're still likely gonna die. One vs Many has never favored the person getting ganked, except for during SE with Samurai's Evasion.
I was pulling your leg with the whole Mage/Archer thing.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's really not hard to avoid a bola hit if you're any good.
I'm aware, back pre-aos a gm pulled me to jail on Siege for dismounting before a bola hit me (don't worry, all was well), and you had a Very short amount of time to do it, as it is now, you have all the time in the world.

Btw, you can dismount yourself to avoid throwers/archers dismounts as well, it's only slightly harder to do.... hmm, because your 'window of opportunity' is shorter, see what I did there?

And nerfing bola's to hell, is only nerfing mages even further; because as you said, Dexers typically don't dismount with bolas. It's only fair that mages have their own way to dismount. Why should non-mages be the only one's that can dismount? Because mages use mage weapons? That's the same ******** people used to rage about, and you can't just look at that simple fact. You need to look at the big picture. Mages are ALREADY at a disadvantage against Dexxers. Don't believe me?
It would be a nerf to mages, since Dexers can't really get away with using a bola in the first place. But you seem to use the term "Non-mage" as if Archer/thrower mages don't exist, as well as tank mages, (I know there's not many of them) Any one of them templates could dismount with a weapon OR a bola, after pub 86 (if it stays as is) dismount weapons would be a more viable option.

I'll transfer a 210 stam archer to GL and we can 1v1. I can beat you pretty easily on a mage covenant, I PROMISE YOU I will absolutely destroy you on a dexxer.
I find this interesting, Considering the last time I fought you, you strangled what 4-5 times? It took you about 20-22 minutes to kill me. (40 med is an issue in a 1v1 with no pots/apples/leaving screen). no doubt I lost, but meh.. can't win them all =X. We both know how it went down.

Throwers and Archers dismount instantly. the shoot, or throw, in an instant and if it hits, their opponent is dismounted. If they miss, they simply remount and try again. On an Archer (which is the class that needs to be nerfed most) it is an instant dismount, and an instant remount if you miss. Mages don't have anything as easy as that.
Alright, now we're getting somewhere, "If they miss, they simply remount and try again. - Mages don't have anything as easy as that." the problem, is not that the bola is able to miss... But if the bolas were changed to not trigger a remount timer (for the user) unless they had dismounted someone that would fix the issue, no? (it was my attempt, anyway)....

I'd be happy with a current way bolas are on TC1 tbh, especially since the Parry skill helps this chance, the bola changes on TC are good enough for me, I'm trying to see why they're bad... I can't do it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Revan must be bane. (God of text walls..watch out zora)..The bola change is really bad. Keep it 100% with a chance to parry..that is all :heart:
that could work too, I guess, atleast the parry chance would be of some use... (damn bolas do damage, reactive paralyze might hurt the person throwing the bola!) could be good.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to address some of these multiple walls of texts, this is off memory and everything isn't verbatim, just to touch on points that revan said. I realize some of these have already been covered but away we go.

At one point you talked about wrestle parry mages and were acting as though they aren't viable and able to compete against dexers... lolwut? I had one before all the sdi changes years ago before the cap was over 25 sdi with scribe, I fail to see how these aren't good now a days vs a dexer.

Juking and timing dexers. This isn't wow where you can be locked out of a certain type of spell so you need to "Juke" casting. Honestly what are you talking about? That makes no sense.

Later you were talking about focus mages not having good damage output. 48 dmg flamestrikes aren't good to you? That's not counting if you're wearing a spell focusing sash that can do over 50 dmg in 1 spell. Nothing has damage output like that anymore, not even firebreaths. To me that's pretty good damage out put and can destroy a dexer.

Good players such as yourself got ninja? Do you think you were the first person to get ninja? No. In fact most people were grabbing that as an extra skill just to be able to get the 300 combat point change when it came in since a lot of skills that should be on the list aren't. People were getting ninja for the combat point change along with for dismounts ages ago. You make it sound as if someone said hey this guy got it and he said hes really good, I should do that too!!

You talked about ninja not being great because someone could just follow you and wait for said player to pop out of form. 99% of UO will run over a server etc before even attempting something like that as you try to down play how good ninja is and to revert to how it was.

You talked about dismount being changed. Dismount has gone through changes over the years but it has been the same as it is now for ages. Its not like you can dismount while being mounted anymore even if the target doesn't have a lance.

You keep talking about being dismounted, then disarm splintered. First of all if you dont want to be disarmed get wrestle. Second not every disarm = splinter. Lastly you made it sound like dismount was too powerful 1v1, then changed to if you're being weaken spammed by a mage, then targeted by 3 different dexers. Well guess what its 4v1 in your picture that you're painting, you're going to die. It has nothing to do with ninja or disarms. That is a matter of its 4v1, I'm not sure what you expect in that case.

Reforge didn't kill dueling. Its not as though anyone who duels has to use a reforged suit. I think that was a horrible example as to why dueling is dead. It's probably because people don't want to use 3 spells and have someone cast 1st circle for an hour. It got so boring everyone stopped. Case in point you will find much more of the population field fighting than you would dueling so its not as though all parts are dying equally.

You really like to make it sound like you can walk on water. Thank you for the laugh.

You cited that dexers now have 55lmc. BUT you didn't mention that a lot of mages have that too. A lot of mystics switched to that considering they don't use med on their template and its an easy call to trade 15% more lmc over JoaT if you're a human.

You talked about your parry template not having mana. What kind of horrible set up do you have? I had a parry mage that was fine on mana long before imbue, let alone reforge. For someone who claims to be the best ever you should be able to have a set up where you don't run out of mana, and dexers don't give you issues when you have parry.

You talked about being able to be disrupted. You can always go in protection if you really don't want to get disrupted, or roll the dice with 17% CF. Not to mention there is a trade off that you can be missed by dexes where as spells don't miss. Also spells can't be blocked by a parry mage and nullify a template with a shield.

You were talking about healing speed at one point. Where did this come from. Healing got fixed along time ago when the hard cap was put in for stats, so no one can self heal faster than 4 seconds.

Next when splinter is talked about its as though its only for dexers. I have seen mages use it, trust me it exists. I don't think anyone is stopping you from making a set up with it, with you being as good as you always talk about this shouldn't be an issue.

When you talk about being dismounted, then disarm splinter, you were making it sound like it was 1v1. We all realize thats not the case. As far as your problem with being dismounted. Instead of trying to fight 8v1, a solution that will help you survive that would be getting a guild. Since you've brought it up so many times I felt I'd touch on that again. Can you explain why its crazy that 1 person should die if they have a group on them? Actually scratch that, I don't need a 1000 word essay on an argument that won't be valid.

Just like the dismounts since you talked about disarm so much, no one is making you not have wrestle. Invest in it if you hate disarm.

You keep saying you're not bias about things but you are 100% mage bias, and also you really have a problem that everyone can be disrupted with form. Get over it. You're worse about crying about disarm than goldberg is about crying about mage weps.

As for the bolas you don't think its fair that it has a longer range than any fighting skill, it can't be parried as it is right now, and also costs no mana, or no skill points to use? I think the fi x will ruin a lot of templates but at the same time I can kind of see the issues with them that people are having.

At one point you were talking about HLD. If you really wanted and you have a mage wep you could get HLA on it. Its an option, its do able if you REALLY wanted it on your wep. Also please dont act as though you NEVER hit anyone with them. Anyone who pvp knows mage weps hit a lot.

Even though it was already talked about, lets not forget mages can dismount as well. If you really wanted you could make that template. Also why do you keep saying "non-mage" say dexer or tamer or whatever you're trying to cite as an example. What the hell is a non mage? Are we talking about a crafter? A theif? A bard? Tamer? All those templates can be non mages as well as mages, just like mysics, necros, meele/ranged.

ioioio

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think its quite simple as to why bane is so against this. The guy is only good at this game when it's a dueling scenario, making it harder to dismount makes the game harder for him to play. All of this random talk is not needed.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to address some of these multiple walls of texts, this is off memory and everything isn't verbatim, just to touch on points that revan said. I realize some of these have already been covered but away we go.

At one point you talked about wrestle parry mages and were acting as though they aren't viable and able to compete against dexers... lolwut? I had one before all the sdi changes years ago before the cap was over 25 sdi with scribe, I fail to see how these aren't good now a days vs a dexer.

Juking and timing dexers. This isn't wow where you can be locked out of a certain type of spell so you need to "Juke" casting. Honestly what are you talking about? That makes no sense.

Later you were talking about focus mages not having good damage output. 48 dmg flamestrikes aren't good to you? That's not counting if you're wearing a spell focusing sash that can do over 50 dmg in 1 spell. Nothing has damage output like that anymore, not even firebreaths. To me that's pretty good damage out put and can destroy a dexer.

Good players such as yourself got ninja? Do you think you were the first person to get ninja? No. In fact most people were grabbing that as an extra skill just to be able to get the 300 combat point change when it came in since a lot of skills that should be on the list aren't. People were getting ninja for the combat point change along with for dismounts ages ago. You make it sound as if someone said hey this guy got it and he said hes really good, I should do that too!!

You talked about ninja not being great because someone could just follow you and wait for said player to pop out of form. 99% of UO will run over a server etc before even attempting something like that as you try to down play how good ninja is and to revert to how it was.

You talked about dismount being changed. Dismount has gone through changes over the years but it has been the same as it is now for ages. Its not like you can dismount while being mounted anymore even if the target doesn't have a lance.

You keep talking about being dismounted, then disarm splintered. First of all if you dont want to be disarmed get wrestle. Second not every disarm = splinter. Lastly you made it sound like dismount was too powerful 1v1, then changed to if you're being weaken spammed by a mage, then targeted by 3 different dexers. Well guess what its 4v1 in your picture that you're painting, you're going to die. It has nothing to do with ninja or disarms. That is a matter of its 4v1, I'm not sure what you expect in that case.

Reforge didn't kill dueling. Its not as though anyone who duels has to use a reforged suit. I think that was a horrible example as to why dueling is dead. It's probably because people don't want to use 3 spells and have someone cast 1st circle for an hour. It got so boring everyone stopped. Case in point you will find much more of the population field fighting than you would dueling so its not as though all parts are dying equally.

You really like to make it sound like you can walk on water. Thank you for the laugh.

You cited that dexers now have 55lmc. BUT you didn't mention that a lot of mages have that too. A lot of mystics switched to that considering they don't use med on their template and its an easy call to trade 15% more lmc over JoaT if you're a human.

You talked about your parry template not having mana. What kind of horrible set up do you have? I had a parry mage that was fine on mana long before imbue, let alone reforge. For someone who claims to be the best ever you should be able to have a set up where you don't run out of mana, and dexers don't give you issues when you have parry.

You talked about being able to be disrupted. You can always go in protection if you really don't want to get disrupted, or roll the dice with 17% CF. Not to mention there is a trade off that you can be missed by dexes where as spells don't miss. Also spells can't be blocked by a parry mage and nullify a template with a shield.

You were talking about healing speed at one point. Where did this come from. Healing got fixed along time ago when the hard cap was put in for stats, so no one can self heal faster than 4 seconds.

Next when splinter is talked about its as though its only for dexers. I have seen mages use it, trust me it exists. I don't think anyone is stopping you from making a set up with it, with you being as good as you always talk about this shouldn't be an issue.

When you talk about being dismounted, then disarm splinter, you were making it sound like it was 1v1. We all realize thats not the case. As far as your problem with being dismounted. Instead of trying to fight 8v1, a solution that will help you survive that would be getting a guild. Since you've brought it up so many times I felt I'd touch on that again. Can you explain why its crazy that 1 person should die if they have a group on them? Actually scratch that, I don't need a 1000 word essay on an argument that won't be valid.

Just like the dismounts since you talked about disarm so much, no one is making you not have wrestle. Invest in it if you hate disarm.

You keep saying you're not bias about things but you are 100% mage bias, and also you really have a problem that everyone can be disrupted with form. Get over it. You're worse about crying about disarm than goldberg is about crying about mage weps.

As for the bolas you don't think its fair that it has a longer range than any fighting skill, it can't be parried as it is right now, and also costs no mana, or no skill points to use? I think the fi x will ruin a lot of templates but at the same time I can kind of see the issues with them that people are having.

At one point you were talking about HLD. If you really wanted and you have a mage wep you could get HLA on it. Its an option, its do able if you REALLY wanted it on your wep. Also please dont act as though you NEVER hit anyone with them. Anyone who pvp knows mage weps hit a lot.

Even though it was already talked about, lets not forget mages can dismount as well. If you really wanted you could make that template. Also why do you keep saying "non-mage" say dexer or tamer or whatever you're trying to cite as an example. What the hell is a non mage? Are we talking about a crafter? A theif? A bard? Tamer? All those templates can be non mages as well as mages, just like mysics, necros, meele/ranged.
Thanks for the reminder darling :)

1) sc mage weps are the biggest crutch ever introduced into the game. period
2) mages using sc mage weps crying about being disarmed by warriors is the saddest thing ever heard in the game.
3) anyone suggesting a way to counter a bad game mechanic is to get in a guild is a total fool and at that point they are not to be listened to forever going forward as they obviously have no credibility and will say any dumb **** to try and make a bad point :(

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just miss my 4/6 200 mana toggled moving shot/AI archer..bring that back and you can have 4/6 on a Mage again ! Oh yea also I want my damage absorbing swampy in pvp!!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm aware, back pre-aos a gm pulled me to jail on Siege for dismounting before a bola hit me (don't worry, all was well), and you had a Very short amount of time to do it, as it is now, you have all the time in the world.

Btw, you can dismount yourself to avoid throwers/archers dismounts as well, it's only slightly harder to do.... hmm, because your 'window of opportunity' is shorter, see what I did there?
Avoiding Bola dismounts is easy, as I'm sure you know. If I see the message, I will IMMEDIATELY dismount. Unfortunately, as I always use an Ethy, remounting becomes impossible in a fight (note to self: start using your old Swamp Dragon more often.)

I just miss my 4/6 200 mana toggled moving shot/AI archer..bring that back and you can have 4/6 on a Mage again ! Oh yea also I want my damage absorbing swampy in pvp!!
LOL. I wouldn't mind the damage absorbing swampy - I still kept mine ever after they removed it (since it was the only bonded pet I had on that character, plus I had an inactive account for most of the past 9 years), though the armor it had back then (which has since been replaced) was destroyed long ago. 4/6, eh. I finally got an Ornament the other day, even though mages have long since been able to use FC spellbooks. Bring back 5/6 casting and un-nerfed Mana Regen though - if I had 30 MR back in 2005, I would've wet my pants so hard...though I also know that NOBODY would have EVER run out of mana.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well, if you're getting Dismount ganked by a group, it doesn't matter if you get Splintered by one of them, you're still likely gonna die. One vs Many has never favored the person getting ganked, except for during SE with Samurai's Evasion.
I was pulling your leg with the whole Mage/Archer thing.
No, it was much more possible to survive before the animal form nerfs and dexxer/archer buffs, trust me. I used to survive better and now I'm better. Now I can't even play solo on a red anymore, because it just means i'm going to get dismounted, weaken spammed, and hit with everything else dexxers have and die; and it's nearly impossible to get kills on a 15 sdi mage when you are alone. The days of solo play on a red are over.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That "window" makes a huge difference. You don't know when an archer is going to dismount, and a thrower can even para you before they do. A Bola always gives you a warning, and when you take out the "element of surprise" it makes avoiding it rather easy.

It would be a nerf to mages, since Dexers can't really get away with using a bola in the first place. But you seem to use the term "Non-mage" as if Archer/thrower mages don't exist, as well as tank mages, (I know there's not many of them) Any one of them templates could dismount with a weapon OR a bola, after pub 86 (if it stays as is) dismount weapons would be a more viable option.
They wouldn't be "more" viable, they would simply be comparatively better, and they are already. There's no need at all to try and dismount with a bola if you have throwing/archery weapons. That just wouldn't make sense.

I find this interesting, Considering the last time I fought you, you strangled what 4-5 times? It took you about 20-22 minutes to kill me. (40 med is an issue in a 1v1 with no pots/apples/leaving screen). no doubt I lost, but meh.. can't win them all =X. We both know how it went down.
You must be kidding? Or have me confused with someone else lol. The last time I fought you, you refused to fight with armor on, despite the fact that I killed you in under 30 seconds every time. Eventually I took some of my armor off to make it more even, and you still generally died in less than 30 seconds.

Alright, now we're getting somewhere, "If they miss, they simply remount and try again. - Mages don't have anything as easy as that." the problem, is not that the bola is able to miss... But if the bolas were changed to not trigger a remount timer (for the user) unless they had dismounted someone that would fix the issue, no? (it was my attempt, anyway)....

I'd be happy with a current way bolas are on TC1 tbh, especially since the Parry skill helps this chance, the bola changes on TC are good enough for me, I'm trying to see why they're bad... I can't do it.
No, because then you'd be able to remount after bola'ing, just like the gargs who used to fly after using it. And I already told you why it's bad, it will make it nearly impossible to bola anyone, hence making it a waste of time, hence nerfing one more aspect of playing a mage.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don't even want 4/6 on a mage tbh. I feel that would help noobs much more so, and really unbalance things; although it may be an interesting conversation to have. More SDI however? I could go for that.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Revan must be bane. (God of text walls..watch out zora)..The bola change is really bad. Keep it 100% with a chance to parry..that is all :heart:
LOL. Nice joke about the "walls." But good point. Making it parry-able makes sense to me.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
At one point, they weren't *as* viable. At one point it was a class only good for 1v1'ing non-mages. Even then, it wasn't really THAT good because even though it was much easier to survive on one, killing anyone that was smart enough to know when to run was still nearly impossible. It was poor compared to other templates because when you commit 2 entire skills to just surviving dexxers, you have to make some serious trade offs and become weak in other areas. Such as surviving mages, people with nox, dismounts, etc. Back then there weren't even disarm splinters, so it's not like disarms were OP. when someone disarmed you, you could just run/juke.

Just because you don't understand something (with all due respect) does not mean it doesn't make sense. Ever play Football? Or even Madden? Don't know what a "juke" is? You make a dexxer think you are going to go one direction, and then you go another. It allows you to get some ground between you and gives you a little more time to cast your spell. This is a really useful skill for fighting melee dexxers in particular, and yes, it makes a lot of sense :).

I didn't say they didn't have good damage output, they don't have good damage output on the RUN. That is a significant difference, because all someone has to do is know when to run from you, and there's nothing you can do about it, because you can't cast and run at the same exact time. That's what gives non-mages a huge advantage over mages, because if you are smart enough and watch your life bar, you can survive ANY mage by knowing when to run.

There was a time when more and more mages were getting ninja to survive the dismounts. I never said I was the first person to get ninja, nor the leader of the "movement" although I do remember playing with it when most others did not. Can we stop focusing on what "I think about myself, and how awesome I am" and just focus on points?

I didn't say ninja wasn't great, but the point is, it wasn't impossible to kill someone. It just took a little more skill. You can't cast spells in animal form, and furthermore, there is still a 10 second timer before you can even begin to cast it.

Yes, and that's exactly why I'm saying that nerfing dismounts isn't going to do much. It's not the dismounts that have changed, it's the level of offensive firepower people can stack on you once you're dismounted, and despite that, how much harder it is to get remounted.

As I've already said, I already do play with wrestle, but that doesn't exactly mean it's fair. That's like saying, if you don't want to be hit with a car, don't cross the street; rather than doing what's necessary and getting crosswalks and street lights. Where did I imply that dismounts were too powerful 1v1? I specifically made the point that when you fight one person, it's not a big deal, but when you fight a group, it's nearly impossible to get back on mount if they hit you with the things I mentioned. If it's 4v1, I expect ample opportunity to survive if I play my cards right. That's what UO is about, skill. It's not warkraft. You might simple accept death, because you are a noob (I don't know) but I on the other hand fight 1v4.

Do you even duel? lol. Dueling did not die because "people got bored of it." It was widely practiced for many years. Is it really a coincidence that it just happened to die after reforging came out? And Yes, people do try to duel with reforged suits. Because that's what they have available, and they know it's good. I even have a hard time getting them to take it off on Test Center, despite the fact that I'm not wearing one, AND I transferred them an identical suit as the one I'm wearing for a replacement; and I don't even TRY to get people to duel without them on atl.

You cited that dexers now have 55lmc. BUT you didn't mention that a lot of mages have that too. A lot of mystics switched to that considering they don't use med on their template and its an easy call to trade 15% more lmc over JoaT if you're a human..
This is a false equivalency. Mages got 55 lmc, but with significant trade offs. Sure, mana cost a lot less, but it also regens a lot slower without regular leather. Dexxers mana regen was ALWAYS slow. You can't honestly be comparing the bonus that they got for using 55lmc to what a mage gets? Even a mystic mage's mana regen is slower in a studded suit.

You cited that dexers now have 55lmc. BUT you didn't mention that a lot of mages have that too. A lot of mystics switched to that considering they don't use med on their template and its an easy call to trade 15% more lmc over JoaT if you're a human..
You talked about your parry template not having mana. What kind of horrible set up do you have? I had a parry mage that was fine on mana long before imbue, let alone reforge. For someone who claims to be the best ever you should be able to have a set up where you don't run out of mana, and dexers don't give you issues when you have parry.[/QUOTE]
That's because in the open field I run 40 sdi. That means dropping med for scribe.

In regards to protection, that is a trade off. It's nice to have options, but if you think you're going to kill anyone smart enough to run in protection, in the open field, GL to you sir. Sure, you can't be disrupted. But your damage and your heals are slow as hell. And if you think it makes you invincibe you've obviously never faught a dexxer smart enough to mortal right before the gheal finishes casting. Also, spells don't miss, but they can be disrupted. An advantage, and a disadvantage. That doesn't say anything about the fact that someone can weaken spam you and disrupt you when you are on foot. Oh btw, Weaken is circle one. Protection is circle 2.

This argument is about as fallable as the 55 lmc one. Sure, a mage can use a splinter weapon. I do. But that doesn't mean it's balanced. It's only really useful if you play a "tank mage" and that's only because it's not just a mage, it's a dexxer too. How useful is splinter really on a regular mage? Can they splinter while using a special? Can they cast and do damage while they do it? Do they even have hci and hld so that they will hit often with it?

1v8 is more than reasonable that you should probably die. But how about 1v3? I personally don't think it should be so easy if they don't know how to sync dump. What this comes down to is the question of, "how much should numbers matter?" Should this game be like warkraft where 2v4 with equal set ups you are pretty much going to die every time regardless of skill, or should you have a fighting chance if you are smart and fight in a Sun Tsu sort of way? I enjoy UO, because it's realistic. You can win fights outnumbered if you know how to choose your battles. But when it's possible for someone to dismount you and gank you every single time, it makes it more so a game that favors zergs and noobs.

Just because I'm arguing in favor for mages does not mean I am mage bias. It is possible, that it is simply true, and that mages simply do need some kind of a buff to make up for all the BS that non-mages have gotten.

Ok, but when you look at the "big picture," bolas are simply less reliable than other methods of dismounting; and if you nerf them further, you are unbalancing the game, especially against mages.

This is the same argument as the 55lmc, and the splinter weapon on mages, and I already addressed this point. You could get HLA on a mage. That doesn't mean it makes up for the fact that dexxers have HLD. On a mage, you do not have HCI or HLD or swing speed, so you rarely hit with a weapon. Not only that but HLA would ONLY work effectively against dexxers, and not against dexxers AND mages like HLD does. If you think all of these things are truly equal, then please, I implore you, play a mage with a HLA splinter weapon, and 55 LMC, and I'll 1v1 you on my disarm archer and we'll see how things work out.

I said non-mages to abbreviate dexxers/archers/throwers. It's much easier to say non-mage, and I figured you'd get the point. Mages can dismount as well? Yeah no sh*t, with bolas lol. And nerfing bola's is only nerfing mage dismounts.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That "window" makes a huge difference. You don't know when an archer is going to dismount, and a thrower can even para you before they do. A Bola always gives you a warning, and when you take out the "element of surprise" it makes avoiding it rather easy.
I'll tell ya, when an archer has a heavy crossbow equipped, they can only do one of two things.... Running shot? lol, or Dismount.
Gargoyles are even easier, because 90% of the time, they stun you before they dismount. how is it hard to avoid, less time to react?
If that's not it, it's because you're being ganked, and you're overwhelmed an instance where it doesn't matter.
The only other things it could be, is you're riding an ethy mount, or you're a gargoyle... well, they're just disadvantages, of which would be a little less of a disadvantage if bolas continue to have a chance to miss.

Besides dexers always have a chance to miss with their attacks anyway.

No hci on your mage? get some, it's not exactly hard to put hci on a mage suit, especially with shame jewels... and it'll be more accessible with the new negative properties coming in pub 86 anyway.

You must be kidding? Or have me confused with someone else lol. The last time I fought you, you refused to fight with armor on, despite the fact that I killed you in under 30 seconds every time. Eventually I took some of my armor off to make it more even, and you still generally died in less than 30 seconds.
I didn't refuse to fight with armor, I didn't have a suit to replace it. but anyway, even when I was in my naked suit It lasted longer than 30 seconds... not that it matters.
Also, what's with the lying? you never took any armor off vs me, on a side note I watched willy kill you on GL in less than 5 seconds when you attempted to fight naked...

Besides the fight that lasted 20-22mins was on GL (I wasn't in my naked suit), Sedric & That Moose watched it, I've not clue why you're lying about anything anyway.

I guess now would be a bad time to say you died to me in less than 30 seconds on LS, Malgus (DC)? Again it's irrelevant but, meh, you brought it up.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

2) mages using sc mage weps crying about being disarmed by warriors is the saddest thing ever heard in the game.
You used to always make these points, and it's idiotic. When you just zero in on the fact that mages don't need a skill for mage weapons, it seems unfair and unbalanced. But when you *LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE* and see that Dexxers/Archers/Throwers still destroy mages 1v1, and that mages STILL can't do damage on the run, meaning that all that someone fighting a mage has to do is keep off-screening every time they get half life until they finally get 10 hits in a row due to rng (I'm exaggerating, they'd win with much less) and win; having a mage weapon really doesn't do anything to change that. I mean if mage weapons are so OP, why do many mages run with wrestle, or weapons? I mean, you complain so much about mage weapons as if you'd like them nerfed, but would you PREFER if mages played with wrestle parry mages instead? lol.
3) anyone suggesting a way to counter a bad game mechanic is to get in a guild is a total fool and at that point they are not to be listened to forever going forward as they obviously have no credibility and will say any dumb **** to try and make a bad point :(
Although I agree with his point, do you see why I mentioned him in my original text wall, in what everyone assumed was me being pompous and arrogant? I was talking about this guy when I mentioned the "noobs that raged here because they can't kill people with two buttons macros." You see how he just insults your character by calling you a fool? I may be pompous, but I feel justified in being so when in the presence of people like him. He plays NOTHING but a blue thrower in yew, and he sucks and cries when anyone off-screens, even if it's a gank and he could use moving shots. Dumb, arrogant, d-bags that don't know how to do anything BUT dismount and cry when it doesn't work, and would rather attack your character than focus on a substantive argument.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'll tell ya, when an archer has a heavy crossbow equipped, they can only do one of two things.... Running shot? lol, or Dismount.
Gargoyles are even easier, because 90% of the time, they stun you before they dismount. how is it hard to avoid, less time to react?
If that's not it, it's because you're being ganked, and you're overwhelmed an instance where it doesn't matter.
The only other things it could be, is you're riding an ethy mount, or you're a gargoyle... well, they're just disadvantages, of which would be a little less of a disadvantage if bolas continue to have a chance to miss.
Ok, but again, looking at the *big picture* those disadvantages still don't even come close to the disadvantages of bola'ing, and if you nerf bola's even more, they will become completely useless. And besides, if you are riding an ethy mount on an archer, that's your own stupidity.

Besides dexers always have a chance to miss with their attacks anyway
I already addressed this point. Sure, they can miss, but when they miss they aren't on a dismount timer, and they can just remount and try again.

No hci on your mage? get some, it's not exactly hard to put hci on a mage suit, especially with shame jewels... and it'll be more accessible with the new negative properties coming in pub 86 anyway.
I already addressed this point too. Considering the fact that bola's are already worse than dismounting on a non-mage, is it really fair that we should make mages get HCI JUST TO BOLA PEOPLE? That really is an idiotic and pointless trade off to make; and why on earth SHOULD we require mages to do it?

I didn't refuse to fight with armor, I didn't have a suit to replace it. but anyway, even when I was in my naked suit It lasted longer than 30 seconds... not that it matters.
Also, what's with the lying? you never took any armor off vs me, on a side note I watched willy kill you on GL in less than 5 seconds when you attempted to fight naked...
It did not last longer than 30 seconds. I can log on LS/GL again and show you. I took off several articles of clothing, including my crimmy, but I could not strip bare or sacrifice LRC. And when did I die to willy? Did he have nox? Or was he dueling with 40 sdi/cf/hpr/eaters? The reason I ask is because dueling naked used to be possible before all of that, but once you give someone a reforged suit with 40 sdi, it's nearly impossible. Although I believe Willy dueled with nox if I remember correctly.

Besides the fight that lasted 20-22mins was on GL (I wasn't in my naked suit), Sedric & That Moose watched it, I've not clue why you're lying about anything anyway.
Was this over a year ago when I was on the laptop? Because now, you would not last 20-22 mins against me on GL. Even they generally don't last that long. Besides, if so, we've faught several times since then.

I guess now would be a bad time to say you died to me in less than 30 seconds on LS, Malgus (DC)? Again it's irrelevant but, meh, you brought it up.
Maybe, but I was in DC my first year playing. When you and I dueled when I first started on LS, not only was I much worse, but my character wasn't even finished yet. And you did not beat me in under 30 seconds. They were some pretty close duels.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Revan would you do me a favor and try to be concise? Your walls of text have defeated me and I'll admit I understand that you DONT like the bola nerf but I have no idea why.... maybe a single paragraph?

Why does it feels like flood waters are rising and I'm asking for rain?.......

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

SC weps make mages very easy to kill. Considering when you disarm they are in heaps of trouble. I realize for bad players they complain about sc weps, yet are okay with UBW. A little bias and also unintelligent :)

His complaint is that many people attacking him kill him. You think that 1 player should live vs 4 when they are dismounted? The only option I see that should allow for someone to survive that doesn't have smoke bombs is playing with another person.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Revan really seems to not be able to say why he has a problem with it.

Everything he had an issue with I pointed out the flaw in it

Saying that mystics don't regen fast is absurd. Any good pvper is going to trade off 15% lmc
for 20 JoaT med. Not to mention if you're a gargoyle or an elf you're not even trading anything at all and just using the 120 focus w/ studded.

Why should you be able to survive 3v1? So you're saying if I picked the 3 best pvpers in a combo of 1 dexer and 2 mages you think it would make sense that you would live? I don't see how. You keep talking about reducing damage or buffing mage damage.

I don't see how if you think its over powered why not use it yourself and get a splinter wep, or hla, etc etc

Everything you're crying about can be fixed by tweaking something if it bothers you that much.

Also I had parry scribe on a mage before imbue and still had 60 med. With all the gear out now a days you should be able to get gm med if you're not an idiot.

You have horrible examples and seem to think that just brow beating people with giant paragraphs full of flaws is the solution, it's not.

Also you were far from one of the first to have ninja on your template. Sorry sport that's been around for years and years, on many different templates.

Also if you get dismounted if you're with a group as well you should have no trouble getting back on mount or getting away, either way you should be fine. If you are solo and think you can't be touched, well welcome to reality when you get killed by everyone.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was this over a year ago when I was on the laptop? Because now, you would not last 20-22 mins against me on GL. Even they generally don't last that long. Besides, if so, we've faught several times since then.
I assure you it wasn't more than 3-4 months ago... the duel on LS was probably a year or so ago, you say your character wasn't finished, then that's more of an excuse than me using a 44 resistance suit... like... really? not to mention that's obviously a lie as well. but as I said none of this even matters, I've probably killed and died to most of the pvpers in UO at one point or another. I don't see so much a point in boasting about being good at dueling, when dueling has been pretty much dead for at least a few years now anyway.

I fail to see what any of this has to do with bolas being nerfed though, they have absolutely nothing to do with archers, throwers, splintering weapons, or ganking w/e none of that is exclusive to any template, why don't you do yourself a favor and make a character that doesn't "NEED" bolas to dismount someone on the field.

Archers can miss with a dismount and you can poison, paralyze, or kill their pet and they are unable to remount in most instances.
Gargoyles flight can be interrupted, I wouldn't say it's always easy, but a mage's spell range is about the same as a cyclone (at 150 str).
It's less risky than using a bola, but there's a risk involved...

Where are all the other players that disagree with the bola change, do they all play dexers or what?

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok Revan would you do me a favor and try to be concise? Your walls of text have defeated me and I'll admit I understand that you DONT like the bola nerf but I have no idea why.... maybe a single paragraph?

Why does it feels like flood waters are rising and I'm asking for rain?.......
Lol alright. Sorry, but I'm just trying to be thorough in my explanations. Some people might not like it, but they don't exactly have to read it, and clarity isn't exactly a sin.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You think that 1 player should live vs 4 when they are dismounted?
Yes, if they have skill. Most people should die 1v4. But the idea is to have a game where if you fight 1v4 frequently, and challenge yourself, you can eventually aspire to be good enough to fight with those odds. I'm not saying they should win, just not die every SINGLE time you get put on foot. If that's the kind of game you want to play, why fight outnumbered at all? Let's just do warzones with equal numbers every time. But I believe with the right skills you should at least have a fighting chance.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Revan really seems to not be able to say why he has a problem with it.

Everything he had an issue with I pointed out the flaw in it

Saying that mystics don't regen fast is absurd. Any good pvper is going to trade off 15% lmc
for 20 JoaT med. Not to mention if you're a gargoyle or an elf you're not even trading anything at all and just using the 120 focus w/ studded.

Why should you be able to survive 3v1? So you're saying if I picked the 3 best pvpers in a combo of 1 dexer and 2 mages you think it would make sense that you would live? I don't see how. You keep talking about reducing damage or buffing mage damage.

I don't see how if you think its over powered why not use it yourself and get a splinter wep, or hla, etc etc

Everything you're crying about can be fixed by tweaking something if it bothers you that much.

Also I had parry scribe on a mage before imbue and still had 60 med. With all the gear out now a days you should be able to get gm med if you're not an idiot.

You have horrible examples and seem to think that just brow beating people with giant paragraphs full of flaws is the solution, it's not.

Also you were far from one of the first to have ninja on your template. Sorry sport that's been around for years and years, on many different templates.

Also if you get dismounted if you're with a group as well you should have no trouble getting back on mount or getting away, either way you should be fine. If you are solo and think you can't be touched, well welcome to reality when you get killed by everyone.
I believe I more than adequately provided counter points to yours. Mystics might have essentially a larger mana pool with 55 lmc, but it does hurt them in the regen regard. Once they are out of mana, it is really hard getting it back.

I didn't say I should be able to survive the best 3 pvpers 3v1. I'm saying that I shouldn't die to just any 3 random noob pvpers because they know how to dismount and weaken spam or disarm splinter when I. They should need skill to kill me, and I should need skill to survive. Without skill, it's ridiculous.

I already did make a dexxer with a splinter weap, and I can tell you from playing one, it is overpowered. I kill people 3x easier on that template than a mage and I've been playing it for less than a month, where as I've been playing a mage for years; and btw, when it comes to 1v1's, I am probably the best active mage in the game. I don't use splinter weapons or HLA regularly on a mage, because it's just not smart. I already made this point too, HLA and splinter weapons are not nearly as useful on a mage as on a dexxer, because mages rarely hit with their weapons, and also I'd have to make tradeoffs, like DCI on the weapon, which would mean more DCI on the suit, which would mean less HPR/CF/Eater on the suit.

Actually, reading the rest of your post, I'm just going to stop arguing with you. You just don't seem to get the fact that it's not balanced, and a lot of the things you propose a mage does to "balance it" just have trade offs that aren't worth it. Learn what a Cost/Benefit analysis is, then come talk to me please. Ty.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I assure you it wasn't more than 3-4 months ago... the duel on LS was probably a year or so ago, you say your character wasn't finished, then that's more of an excuse than me using a 44 resistance suit... like... really? not to mention that's obviously a lie as well. but as I said none of this even matters, I've probably killed and died to most of the pvpers in UO at one point or another. I don't see so much a point in boasting about being good at dueling, when dueling has been pretty much dead for at least a few years now anyway.

I fail to see what any of this has to do with bolas being nerfed though, they have absolutely nothing to do with archers, throwers, splintering weapons, or ganking w/e none of that is exclusive to any template, why don't you do yourself a favor and make a character that doesn't "NEED" bolas to dismount someone on the field.

Archers can miss with a dismount and you can poison, paralyze, or kill their pet and they are unable to remount in most instances.
Gargoyles flight can be interrupted, I wouldn't say it's always easy, but a mage's spell range is about the same as a cyclone (at 150 str).
It's less risky than using a bola, but there's a risk involved...

Where are all the other players that disagree with the bola change, do they all play dexers or what?
Look dude, you only beat me 3 years ago when I first made my char on LS, and he was unfinished. You did not duel me naked, and you have NEVER beaten me naked lol. You might have beaten me on the laptop a year ago, but I doubt it, and you sure as hell didn't do it naked. If you knew what I went through with that thing, you wouldn't count it either (if it did actually happen that is). Either way, I was either a noob, or framing less than 1 frame per second when you did win. If you dueled me now, you wouldn't last 60 seconds. And if you dueled me naked you wouldn't last 30. The point of me saying that I could kill you, was to show that despite how good I am on a mage at 1v1's, I could kill you twice as easily on an archer that I've played for less than a month. It's an attempt to establish some credibility, which apparently you don't recognize. To which I can do little more than point out examples, and propose another 1v1?

The bola's being nerfed absolutely DOES have to do with whether or not Dexxers/Archers are overpowered. The bolas are being nerfed *supposedly* because dismounting in general is overpowered. But again AGAIN, As I already said: the source of the problem is not that dismounts are overpowered, but that Dexxers/Archers are overpowered, and that when you get put on foot against them, their "power" shines ever more brightly. The problem is not the dismounts (bola's especially) but the fact that the Dexxers/Archers are simply too good at killing. Again, I don't ONLY play mages. I've been playing my Death Striker, and my Disarm Archer much more of late, simply because they ARE so overpowered. And Yes, I've been dismounting on them, and it's HELLA easy compared to bolas. I'm actually having a lot of fun with it because they ARE so gimp; but I'm actually willing to sacrifice that if it means balancing the game, and making mages viable, and dismounts survivable.

Your point about dismounting on an archer/thrower being less risky than a bola is exactly my point. Bola's don't HAVE to be much more riskier, even if they are slightly riskier and slightly less effective, why nerf them? If two trains are travelling to the same station and you want them to arrive there at the same time, but Train A is travelling slightly faster. Why on Earth would you put a roadblock in front of Train B and stop it completely? Which is exactly what nerfing bolas will do. Read my words: IT.WILL.MAKE.THEM.USELESS.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look dude, you only beat me 3 years ago when I first made my char on LS, and he was unfinished. You did not duel me naked, and you have NEVER beaten me naked lol. You might have beaten me on the laptop a year ago, but I doubt it, and you sure as hell didn't do it naked. Either way, I was either a noob, or framing less than 1 frame per second.
just an fyi I never said I beat you while I was naked...
You said, I dueled you naked, and I wouldn't put a real suit on... I said I didn't have a suit other then the one I was using. nothing else you said was true.

I do catch your drift about it taking less skill to play a dexer, UO has always been like that, in case you haven't noticed.
You're still assuming it's a ganking situation, and to argue the bola shouldn't be nerfed because of ganks is just plain stupid, don't you have ninjitsu? you can't live for 10 seconds with teleport/xheals to survive that long and animal form? c'mon.

the better team usually wins, sometimes RNG plays a big role in it, but not everytime, anticipation is everything.
If you lose, it's because of a mistake you made or a team member made, just because you get hit 3-4 times in a row, doesn't mean your opponent has less skill than you, it means you aren't good enough to heal through it, you couldn't anticipate it happening, or you just didn't get cross healed, and/or a combination of those.

II didn't say I should be able to survive the best 3 pvpers 3v1. I'm saying that I shouldn't die to just any 3 random noob pvpers because they know how to dismount and weaken spam or disarm splinter when I. They should need skill to kill me, and I should need skill to survive. Without skill, it's ridiculous.
-
I already made this point too, HLA and splinter weapons are not nearly as useful on a mage as on a dexxer, because mages rarely hit with their weapons, and also I'd have to make tradeoffs, like DCI on the weapon, which would mean more DCI on the suit, which would mean less HPR/CF/Eater on the suit.
I do think that's kind of funny, it should take skill for people to kill you, but then you later complain about needing to decrease Casting focus, Hpr, or eaters, to increase DCI on the suit. First, one mistake you have made is DCI on the weapon... listen, disarm owns you because you lose 30% of your item DCI & YOUR WEAPON SKILL in the same hit. not to mention if you also become affected by Lower Defense it's even worse.

Build a better suit if dexers are giving you that much trouble, it's not because of bolas nerfs things happen the way they do.

Also, it's funny when you said Splintering weapons aren't nearly as useful on a mage, as they are on a dexer, you use a splintering weapon yourself focus attack sometimes... splintering mage weapons are actually BETTER on a mage than they are on a dexer, the reason being, is it stops bandages/interrupts spells... Secondly, Mages do not miss (we've been over this I don't know how many times), a person that can't run from a mage is screwed, sure the same sort of goes for dexer vs a mage. but since the mage is not limited to 1.25s or more attacks, as casters we can ALWAYS get mini heals off between hits. whether or not that is enough, depends on how much mana the dexer has to spend AND mostly on the Rng of them landing that many hits in a row.

So, the bola change is going to make this more of an issue how? The person you're trying to bola, is typically running away from you...
I know because there is a "Chance the Bola will miss" will no doubt reduce the effectiveness of the bola, and even the reason to use it... but it wouldn't be useless, if it's that much of a big deal have an archer or thrower join you or something if you need to dismount someone that bad, or play one yourself.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suggestion would be that bolas always have a 50% chance to hit against someone without parry and 45 DCI. HCI should give a higher chance to hit and maybe even using wrestling should make it a bit easier to dismount.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm really curious to see how this ends. Was it really 30 seconds, or is he lying and it was 31 seconds? Was the other guy really naked? Or has he maybe worn a jester hat? I just had the same discussion with an ettin yesterday that also claimed it was no fair fight as he was naked and this was not his home shard.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm really curious to see how this ends. Was it really 30 seconds, or is he lying and it was 31 seconds? Was the other guy really naked? Or has he maybe worn a jester hat? I just had the same discussion with an ettin yesterday that also claimed it was no fair fight as he was naked and this was not his home shard.
I wasn't naked, my resistances were as low as they would be if I were though The suits status bar is shown in post #95 .

ioioio

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Look dude, you only beat me 3 years ago
Luckily I only had to read the first sentence to catch some bs. That little rant you gave me on gl about a month ago defending yourself about your little speedguide garbage, I clearly remember you saying you haven't played for but 2 1/2 years. How were you dueling 3 years ago?

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe I more than adequately provided counter points to yours. Mystics might have essentially a larger mana pool with 55 lmc, but it does hurt them in the regen regard. Once they are out of mana, it is really hard getting it back.

I didn't say I should be able to survive the best 3 pvpers 3v1. I'm saying that I shouldn't die to just any 3 random noob pvpers because they know how to dismount and weaken spam or disarm splinter when I. They should need skill to kill me, and I should need skill to survive. Without skill, it's ridiculous.

I already did make a dexxer with a splinter weap, and I can tell you from playing one, it is overpowered. I kill people 3x easier on that template than a mage and I've been playing it for less than a month, where as I've been playing a mage for years; and btw, when it comes to 1v1's, I am probably the best active mage in the game. I don't use splinter weapons or HLA regularly on a mage, because it's just not smart. I already made this point too, HLA and splinter weapons are not nearly as useful on a mage as on a dexxer, because mages rarely hit with their weapons, and also I'd have to make tradeoffs, like DCI on the weapon, which would mean more DCI on the suit, which would mean less HPR/CF/Eater on the suit.

Actually, reading the rest of your post, I'm just going to stop arguing with you. You just don't seem to get the fact that it's not balanced, and a lot of the things you propose a mage does to "balance it" just have trade offs that aren't worth it. Learn what a Cost/Benefit analysis is, then come talk to me please. Ty.
120 focus 0 med
Total Regen (Non-Mediable Armor):
1.6700 Mana/Sec
(74% of Max)
Total Passiv Regen (Mediable Armor):
2.0450 Mana/Sec
(56% of Max)

120 focus 20 med
1.6917 Mana/Sec
(75% of Max)
2.2167 Mana/Sec
(61% of Max)

So you're saying that this trade off isn't worth 15% reduction of mana costs? It doesn't hurt them at all. They lose out on .02 mana per second vs every thing that costs mana being 15% cheaper.

How are you deciding who is a noob and what constitutes as skill? To me it seems like you think you're the best mage and that no one should kill you 3v1. I guess wake up calls make you sad, and for you realizing that you're not as good as you think you are.

It would be smart to use splinter on a mage as it has already been pointed out the benefits of it vs a dexer. Its overwhelmingly powerful, and even more so against a mage. There was a guy who use to run around on Atlantic and did very well on a mystic with a splintering wep. So to say its not good, well thanks for the laugh.

Also when you say something is not nearly as useful, that's not the same as not useful. So what you're saying is that they are indeed useful but you don't know how to set it up to utilize either of them, got it. Or you just don't want to. In either case it doesn't make any less useful.

Mages hit often with their weapon. Even without HCI etc, I've seen and experienced it for years ever since mage weps came out. If this wasn't the case people wouldn't duel with lanterns and spellbooks, they'd just keep whatever they normally have, wrestling, mage wep, sc wep etc. You can't argue this point either since both a mage and dexer will have 45 dci and even at 0 hci players hit enough that they use books and lanterns. This is just a simple example to illustrate how you're wrong that they don't hit often.

That was my whole point. That if you don't like something there is a solution already in game whether you choose to switch things up. No one is forcing you to have a mage wep if you hate being disarmed. If you keep getting destroyed by dexers I'd suggest parry since you can't seem to cut it with a mage wep(cited by your crying with disarm).

So why is it that bolas should be kept the way they are though? You really have not listed a point as to why you have a problem with a consumable that has a longer range than any other dismount that costs 0 mana is being adjusted. Its not as though they are saying you can't throw bolas at all. For example on some free servers you need tactics to throw bolas so its not as though your ability to attempt is being taken away like that.

Last edited:

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I do catch your drift about it taking less skill to play a dexer, UO has always been like that, in case you haven't noticed.
You're still assuming it's a ganking situation, and to argue the bola shouldn't be nerfed because of ganks is just plain stupid, don't you have ninjitsu? you can't live for 10 seconds with teleport/xheals to survive that long and animal form? c'mon.

the better team usually wins, sometimes RNG plays a big role in it, but not everytime, anticipation is everything.
If you lose, it's because of a mistake you made or a team member made, just because you get hit 3-4 times in a row, doesn't mean your opponent has less skill than you, it means you aren't good enough to heal through it, you couldn't anticipate it happening, or you just didn't get cross healed, and/or a combination of those.

I do think that's kind of funny, it should take skill for people to kill you, but then you later complain about needing to decrease Casting focus, Hpr, or eaters, to increase DCI on the suit. First, one mistake you have made is DCI on the weapon... listen, disarm owns you because you lose 30% of your item DCI & YOUR WEAPON SKILL in the same hit. not to mention if you also become affected by Lower Defense it's even worse.

Build a better suit if dexers are giving you that much trouble, it's not because of bolas nerfs things happen the way they do.

Also, it's funny when you said Splintering weapons aren't nearly as useful on a mage, as they are on a dexer, you use a splintering weapon yourself focus attack sometimes... splintering mage weapons are actually BETTER on a mage than they are on a dexer, the reason being, is it stops bandages/interrupts spells... Secondly, Mages do not miss (we've been over this I don't know how many times), a person that can't run from a mage is screwed, sure the same sort of goes for dexer vs a mage. but since the mage is not limited to 1.25s or more attacks, as casters we can ALWAYS get mini heals off between hits. whether or not that is enough, depends on how much mana the dexer has to spend AND mostly on the Rng of them landing that many hits in a row.

So, the bola change is going to make this more of an issue how? The person you're trying to bola, is typically running away from you...
I know because there is a "Chance the Bola will miss" will no doubt reduce the effectiveness of the bola, and even the reason to use it... but it wouldn't be useless, if it's that much of a big deal have an archer or thrower join you or something if you need to dismount someone that bad, or play one yourself.
Dude, first off, I didn't say dexxers need to be nerfed because they are too easy to play. I'm saying that dexxers should be nerfed because they are simply overpowered. I don't mind them being easy to play, but you shouldn't be able to absolutely OWN on one in the first month of playing one. The real problem is the fact that, because they are so powerful, and so easy easy to play (you see it's a combination of those two) that you can own someone good with very little skill just because you have the right set up. Sure, it still takes SOME skill. Skills that I'm learning. But I'm able to own just about EVERYONE on one because it is simply overpowered. If I, playing an archer, faught myself on a mage, I would probably own myself. I sure as hell wouldn't die to my mage 1v1.

Mages not being able to miss, isn't actually a point in favor of mages being overpowered. it is canceled out by the fact that they can be disrupted. SURE, if you just look at it alone, it is pretty good to have on a mage. But again, you need to look at the big picture. We keep arguing this point because you don't seem to get that.

As for DCI on the weapon, I don't lose 30 dci when i'm disarmed, I lose 15. And regardless, when you are DISARMED, having 15 extra DCI doesn't help AT ALL. Do the math.

Splintering weapons AREN'T nearly as useful on mages. Mages spend most of their time casting, and not hitting. TAKE IT FROM ME, I USE IT. Why do I use it? Because it's selectively useful. It's useful only because mages can't do ANYTHING when they are chasing a target, because if they want to cast they need to stop. So when I'm chasing a target, I try to do something useful and splinter them, and even then it still only goes off maybe 10% of the time despite a focus strike, because I have 0 HCI. It's no where near comparable to the benefits dexxers get with it. I mean they can DISARM, and SPLINTER, at the SAME TIME. That's like bleeding, disarming, and mass sleeping someone in the same hit. BTW, Mini heals don't outheal AI's, or even regular shots.

The Bola nerf is NOT going to add to the gimpness of a dexxer's damage. It's just going to create a seperate problem in itself, while ignoring the REAL problem, which is that when someone is on foot, dexxers can kill them very easily. The bola nerfs IN GENERAL are going to inbalance dismounts against one class (the mage) and in favor of (the dexxer) while completely disregarding the problem it's supposed to solve. AGAIN, YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. Saying to get a thrower or archer to join you for dismounts doesn't solve the problem of inbalance. That's like saying, if you don't like getting dismounted outnumbered, get a guild. That's called compensating, not solving the problem at it's source.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So you're saying that this trade off isn't worth 15% reduction of mana costs? It doesn't hurt them at all. They lose out on .02 mana per second vs every thing that costs mana being 15% cheaper.
It is NOT .02 mana per second lol. It's
120 focus 0 med
1.6700 Mana/Sec
(74% of Max)
2.0450 Mana/Sec
(56% of Max)

120 focus 20 med
1.6917 Mana/Sec
(75% of Max)
2.2167 Mana/Sec
(61% of Max)

First off, where did you learn your math? It's not a .02 mana per second. It's a .5 mana per second difference, and that's 25% of your regen rate. Is it worth it? Maybe. I would go so far as to say probably. But the point isn't that it's not worth it. I never said it WASN'T worth it. The point was that it helps dexxers MUCH MORE than mages. Don't believe me? run those numbers on a dexxer with lower intelligence and tell me what you get. Either way, the point is, it allows Dexxers to do insane burst damage, that a mage simply couldn't do.
How are you deciding who is a noob and what constitutes as skill? To me it seems like you think you're the best mage and that no one should kill you 3v1. I guess wake up calls make you sad, and for you realizing that you're not as good as you think you are.
I never said NO ONE should be able to kill me 3v1. I'm just saying EVERYONE shouldn't be able to kill me 3v1.
It would be smart to use splinter on a mage as it has already been pointed out the benefits of it vs a dexer. Its overwhelmingly powerful, and even more so against a mage. There was a guy who use to run around on Atlantic and did very well on a mystic with a splintering wep. So to say its not good, well thanks for the laugh..
Also when you say something is not nearly as useful, that's not the same as not useful. So what you're saying is that they are indeed useful but you don't know how to set it up to utilize either of them, got it. Or you just don't want to. In either case it doesn't make any less useful.
That guy on Atlantic who used the splinter weap? Unless you're talking about me, he did it because he got a super rare weapon that doesn't exist ANYWHERE, and he was able to build the template around it. Without his weapon, that template can't be done. Even then, he's weak defensively and only survives because he plays a blue and stays in the guard zone. Oh btw, he was a TANK mage, Notice the word TANK before mage? That means he wasn't just a mage, he was a dexxer too. That doesn't mean it still isn't much better for dexxers to use than mages. It isn't good for mages. If they were, why don't mages use them?
Mages hit often with their weapon. Even without HCI etc, I've seen and experienced it for years ever since mage weps came out. If this wasn't the case people wouldn't duel with lanterns and spellbooks, they'd just keep whatever they normally have, wrestling, mage wep, sc wep etc. You can't argue this point either since both a mage and dexer will have 45 dci and even at 0 hci players hit enough that they use books and lanterns. This is just a simple example to illustrate how you're wrong that they don't hit often.
Yes, but you're not getting the point. They don't go off NEARLY as much as dexxer's do, because with 0 HCI and no HLD you have a 34% chance of hitting, as opposed to a 56. Not only that, but as a dexxer, you also have stamina which makes you swing much more often, and you actually TRY to hit people, and don't stop to cast spells. And even then, they still don't stack with specials, because MAGES DON'T USE SPECIALS. Again, BIG.PICTURE.
So why is it that bolas should be kept the way they are though? You really have not listed a point as to why you have a problem with a consumable that has a longer range than any other dismount that costs 0 mana is being adjusted. Its not as though they are saying you can't throw bolas at all. For example on some free servers you need tactics to throw bolas so its not as though your ability to attempt is being taken away like that.
I listed many, many points. Bola's as are, are not as good as Archer/Thrower dismounts, and even if they WERE; nerfing them isn't going to help balance the over-powered-ness of dismounts.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dude, first off, I didn't say dexxers need to be nerfed because they are too easy to play. I'm saying that dexxers should be nerfed because they are simply overpowered. I don't mind them being easy to play, but you shouldn't be able to absolutely OWN on one in the first month of playing one. The real problem is the fact that, because they are so powerful, and so easy easy to play (you see it's a combination of those two) that you can own someone good with very little skill just because you have the right set up.
That's a contradiction if I ever did see one, and it's been like this forever.

I don't lose 30 dci when i'm disarmed, I lose 15. And regardless, when you are DISARMED, having 15 extra DCI doesn't help AT ALL. Do the math.
I said 30% of your item dci, it's actually 33% (15/30/45) got it? Losing that AND your weapon skill, is a big deal, and you ALWAYS have a minimum of 5% chance to dodge , regardless of weapon skill, +45% of that, turns into what ~7.5%. then you need to factor in your JoaT skills, which adds a very small chance, if you use a shield (even without parry) you have a small chance to parry, thus a greater chance of not being hit.

Dexers miss me often enough while I'm disarmed, and none of that has anything to do with a bola change anyway.

Not sure exactly what more you want, Mages have plenty of things that make them better than dexers.
Damage > No missing > Field spells> Teleport> more freedom in the template a pure mage is actually good, what about a pure dexer? not so much.

The last part of your post:

Saying to get a thrower or archer to join you for dismounts doesn't solve the problem of inbalance. That's like saying, if you don't like getting dismounted outnumbered, get a guild. That's called compensating, not solving the problem at it's source.
So, basically instead of making a character that has the ability to dismount without a bola (since it can miss) is not solving the problem?

I'd like to see what specifically with bolas, is the issue you see, besides the fact that it's not going to be "As good" as a dexers dismount, that's all I want to see.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I listed many, many points. Bola's as are, are not as good as Archer/Thrower dismounts, and even if they WERE; nerfing them isn't going to help balance the over-powered-ness of dismounts.
They shouldn't be as good, or even better than a weapon-based dismount. This is the point, easier to dodge a bola, but it's an item you can use WHILE you're doing something else.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Luckily I only had to read the first sentence to catch some bs. That little rant you gave me on gl about a month ago defending yourself about your little speedguide garbage, I clearly remember you saying you haven't played for but 2 1/2 years. How were you dueling 3 years ago?
It's quite simple really. I've been back to the game since march of last year. that's 1 1/2 years. I quit for a year, a year before that. That's 2 1/2. I started playing a year before that. That's 3 1/2 years total. I started a year before that. If I told you I played for 2 1/2 years, I clearly subtracted the year that I didn't play. It depends on what you consider "time played" It's the difference between, the time that's passed since I've started, or the time I actually logged on and played actively.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That's a contradiction if I ever did see one, and it's been like this forever.
No, it's not. You just don't see the distinction that I'm making. I'm saying that being easy to play is not a bad thing, but being easy to OWN at, while having more POTENTIAL than something that takes more skill, is a bad thing. Just because it's easy to play, doesn't mean it has to be easy to own everyone at.

I said 30% of your item dci, it's actually 33% (15/30/45) got it? Losing that AND your weapon skill, is a big deal, and you ALWAYS have a minimum of 5% chance to dodge , regardless of weapon skill, +45% of that, turns into what ~7.5%. then you need to factor in your JoaT skills, which adds a very small chance, if you use a shield (even without parry) you have a small chance to parry, thus a greater chance of not being hit.
Your point was, that having 15% dci on your weapon is a bad thing, because you'll lose that DCI when you get disarmed. No? My point is that that's a dumb point, because when you're disarmed you're still going to get hit 95% of the time anyhow.

Not sure exactly what more you want, Mages have plenty of things that make them better than dexers.
Damage > No missing > Field spells> Teleport> more freedom in the template a pure mage is actually good, what about a pure dexer? not so much.
Field spells aren't as useful in the open field (which is what i'm talking about, not grinder fights or choke points). Not missing doesn't make up for the fact that you get disrupted, and human dexxers can teleport too. I do it all the time.

So, basically instead of making a character that has the ability to dismount without a bola (since it can miss) is not solving the problem?

I'd like to see what specifically with bolas, is the issue you see, besides the fact that it's not going to be "As good" as a dexers dismount, that's all I want to see.
First off, making a character with HCI, will only increase the chance of the bola hitting from 34% to 50%. It still won't even make it hit 100% of the time. BUT if you want to call that FIXING the problem, then you are missing the larger point. There are TWO problems. The first problem is that if you nerf bola's they will be harder to use. SURE, getting some DCI will at least ALLEVIATE that problem, although not outright fix it. But that's not the BIGGER problem. The BIGGER problem is that it will be FAR worse than non-mage dismounts, and that means the game will be even more unbalanced. It's just pointless, and it won't fix the OTHER problem of Dismounts being overpowered.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
They shouldn't be as good, or even better than a weapon-based dismount. This is the point, easier to dodge a bola, but it's an item you can use WHILE you're doing something else.
First off, WHY should bola's be worse than an item based dismount?
Second off, it's ALREADY easy to dodge a bola. Let's not make it completely useless, otherwise NO ONE WILL DO IT.
Third off, Sure, you can do something else while you bola, but it's usually a tele otherwise you won't get the bola. And that's aside from the fact that item based dismounts also do damage when they hit.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My suggestion would be that bolas always have a 50% chance to hit against someone without parry and 45 DCI. HCI should give a higher chance to hit and maybe even using wrestling should make it a bit easier to dismount.
this is how they are proposing bola's be. That they hit 50% of the time against someone without DCI. BUT EVERY SINGLE PVPER has 45 DCI. So they would really only hit 34% of the time. They would only hit 50% of the time if the mage got 45 HCI. this means that for the large majority of mages, bola's will only hit 34% of the time, and that's assuming you actually keep up with your target and they don't block your line of sight with a house or something (because again, bola's already aren't that hard to dodge). So that means that EVEN LESS than 34% of all bola attempts will be successful. Maybe, 20% tops. BUT EVERY SINGLE TIME a mage goes to bola, they will instantly be put on a dismount timer in which case they will not be able to remount. Why is it fair that mages should spend 5 times as much time on foot just to keep someone else dismounted?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Second off, it's ALREADY easy to dodge a bola. Let's not make it completely useless, otherwise NO ONE WILL DO IT.
Third off, Sure, you can do something else while you bola, but it's usually a tele otherwise you won't get the bola. And that's aside from the fact that item based dismounts also do damage when they hit.
they should be worse than a Weapon-based dismount because it's an item you can use from your pack, while doing something else, you could throw a bola mid combo if you wanted, if the person runs, they still MIGHT not get out of range, not to mention the fact if they dismount to avoid the bola you would likely get your combo off on them, obviously assuming the player is riding a real mount.

Bola does damage too btw, though not really comparable to weapons, but stacking spells doesn't make that much of a reason to scrap this nerf.
I know it'll be a nerf to mages, but it's a nerf that isn't going to be as bad as you make it out to be.

If it were, say a spell that you need to cast, I would be against this change.
Throwing a bola one vs one is pointless most of the time, in group situations, it would obviously be frustrating if your bola miss a target, but it's not the only thing you can do dismount someone, and being the only way to dismount without any specific skill set it shouldn't be comparable to another form which takes any amount of skill.

What do you think about players on complete newbie characters throwing bolas to dismount for your guild, or any other guild for that matter?

ioioio

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It's quite simple really. I've been back to the game since march of last year. that's 1 1/2 years. I quit for a year, a year before that. That's 2 1/2. I started playing a year before that. That's 3 1/2 years total. I started a year before that. If I told you I played for 2 1/2 years, I clearly subtracted the year that I didn't play. It depends on what you consider "time played" It's the difference between, the time that's passed since I've started, or the time I actually logged on and played actively.
What? When you specfically say "I've been playing for 2 1/2 years" how do you expect anyone to know you subtracted a year? Stop trying to sound smarter then you are. These wall of texts are completely unnecessary. You don't justify any of your points, you just babble on. I come here to read opinions of the new patch, not scroll for 5 minutes to find a post related to this topic. Just stop.

What?

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It IS an item based dismount, he's talking about a fighting skill based dismount. Why should an item that takes no skill be AS good? Needing 0 points to use it vs fighting skill and tactics? That makes no sense

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What? When you specfically say "I've been playing for 2 1/2 years" how do you expect anyone to know you subtracted a year? Stop trying to sound smarter then you are. These wall of texts are completely unnecessary. You don't justify any of your points, you just babble on. I come here to read opinions of the new patch, not scroll for 5 minutes to find a post related to this topic. Just stop.

What?
Dude, you don't even know the conversation that we had? lol. How do you know at that time we weren't specifically talking about time played, as opposed to when we started? And why do you assume that "I've been playing for 2 1/2 years" was the exact statement that I made? We were talking about time played. How would I expect him to know? Because it's time played, not time since I started? The same sentence can be interpreted in two ways, and one isn't particularly any more valid than the other.

Last edited:

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It IS an item based dismount, he's talking about a fighting skill based dismount. Why should an item that takes no skill be AS good? Needing 0 points to use it vs fighting skill and tactics? That makes no sense
Seriously? lol. Because mages have no OTHER way of dismounting... And Besides, a Bow is an *item* last I checked.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What?
This

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
they should be worse than a Weapon-based dismount because it's an item you can use from your pack, while doing something else, you could throw a bola mid combo if you wanted, if the person runs, they still MIGHT not get out of range, not to mention the fact if they dismount to avoid the bola you would likely get your combo off on them, obviously assuming the player is riding a real mount.

Bola does damage too btw, though not really comparable to weapons, but stacking spells doesn't make that much of a reason to scrap this nerf.
I know it'll be a nerf to mages, but it's a nerf that isn't going to be as bad as you make it out to be.

If it were, say a spell that you need to cast, I would be against this change.
Throwing a bola one vs one is pointless most of the time, in group situations, it would obviously be frustrating if your bola miss a target, but it's not the only thing you can do dismount someone, and being the only way to dismount without any specific skill set it shouldn't be comparable to another form which takes any amount of skill.

What do you think about players on complete newbie characters throwing bolas to dismount for your guild, or any other guild for that matter?
Ok, so hold up. Bola's should be much worse, and nearly useless because they are an item that it's in your pack, as opposed to on your paperdoll?? Even though mages have no other way of dismounting? Discuss...

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously? lol. Because mages have no OTHER way of dismounting... And Besides, a Bow is an *item* last I checked.
For whatever reason you're trying to splint hairs, and you ignored the part where its an item that takes no skill to use, no fighting skill and tactics. So please address why it should be AS good. Again its not as though you will never hit with a bola, it just wont be AS good. So what's the issue? Again it will still dismount people. So without writing a lot of stuff that isn't needed, lets hear it.

Edit- it's not the only way a mage can dismount, you could pick up a fighting skill yourself and have an endless amount. Can you also address this. No one if forcing you to do it, but it is an option. You just seem to ignore that fact for whatever reason.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For whatever reason you're trying to splint hairs, and you ignored the part where its an item that takes no skill to use, no fighting skill and tactics. So please address why it should be AS good. Again its not as though you will never hit with a bola, it just wont be AS good. So what's the issue? Again it will still dismount people. So without writing a lot of stuff that isn't needed, lets hear it.
Correction, it takes more player skill to use than a Bow does... It should be AS good because mages have no OTHER way of dismounting. If they want to make bolas based on magery/eval skill, and hit instantly like a bow would, as opposed to the delay, then yes, I'll gladly take that change. But saying that it should be nerfed simply because it's not based on an in game skill is ridiculous. Dexxers/Archers/Throwers don't NEED to have the dismount special, but they do. Why should mages be denied one? It should be as good as it is now, because it's close to as good as the alternatives right now. But do I have to prove that it should be AS good as what the non-mages have? Why don't you prove why it shouldn't be as good? I mean, I'm at least making the argument of balance. What's your reason as to why it should be nurfed? I mean, shouldn't we start with the idea of balance, and then work out all the nooks and crannies of how things "should be" afterwords?

And no, it will be completely useless. Because if you're playing a mage and you know that if you go on foot and put yourself on a dismount timer just for a 20% chance of putting someone else on foot, it will not be worth it. Again, trade offs.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, so hold up. Bola's should be much worse, and nearly useless because they are an item that it's in your pack, as opposed to on your paperdoll?? Even though mages have no other way of dismounting? Discuss...
Mages could have other ways to dismount it's the template you choose, if it can't dismount that's because you chose to go with other skills.
You want to be able to dismount with a any character that doesn't have the ability to do so with skills, you would still have the option to use a bola, it's that simple.

It won't be worth using it everytime, but that's a risk you would have to be willing to take. otherwise do it without dismount or have someone else who could dismount with a skill do it instead, It's not like you dismount everyone in a one vs one fight, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.