• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81.0 Comes to TC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who asked for anything close to this?

Every single existing warrior (pvp or pvm) on every single shard will have to throw out a huge % of all their gear (armor and weapons) and start building suits from scratch again using brand new complex armor formulas. All the while knwoing that once the suits are built you now have to go out and take a mage or boss beating for months until all the new mechanics (ssi debuffs/specials nerfs/stam loss/etc...) are figured out and fixed.

Someone please tell me that I am crazy or exaggerating here...??

The high-end runics and forged tool cost alone is crippling if you play multiple warriors or on multiple shards.

Why do I get the bad feeling that this is exactly what EA wanted? If they can ever get their online store working correctly this should result in alot of $ sales.

So who really did ask for this? The players or the company accountants?

I of course was only half kidding about the dollar side of things but it sure makes you wonder...

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goldberg I'm sure they're very aware this will effect every template in game except for the famed bank sitters and crafters.

Take that anger and put it into something productive to help them tweak the changes.

Would these changes would be so bad IF they ditched the pot timer and the divine fury nerf. I don't see a problem with dimishing returns on stam leech if divine fury was left alone. It may take a little more thought out to do a boss and alchemists will be more needed.

Input?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove feint from the 2 main stay avoidance weapons.
Having such a special on a weapon was awkward from the beginning. Mitigation or avoidance should be part of a skill. I.e. parrying with a shield. That could use a little revamp too, since UO could use some tanking equivalent.

And while they're at it, they maybe could remove the weapon skills alltogether, so everybody can use every weapon. Best to replace these by "two-handed combat", "one-handed offensive", "one-handed defensive" and "unarmed combat" skills. Then remove the specials from weapons, rework them and tie them to these new skills, and make them available at 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 and 120 real skill. Or do something like bard masteries, where you can actually swap your skills.

Of course that would mean, that there would have to be a significant difference between a 1H and a 2H weapon, which definitely isn't the case right now...

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having such a special on a weapon was awkward from the beginning. Mitigation or avoidance should be part of a skill. I.e. parrying with a shield. That could use a little revamp too, since UO could use some tanking equivalent.

And while they're at it, they maybe could remove the weapon skills alltogether, so everybody can use every weapon. Best to replace these by "two-handed combat", "one-handed offensive", "one-handed defensive" and "unarmed combat" skills. Then remove the specials from weapons, rework them and tie them to these new skills, and make them available at 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 and 120 real skill. Or do something like bard masteries, where you can actually swap your skills.

Of course that would mean, that there would have to be a significant difference between a 1H and a 2H weapon, which definitely isn't the case right now...
I disagree, I think that it is fine with certain weapons (Sai is a great example of a defensive weapon) and fighting styles with those weapons. And I can really see feint in fencing.

It would be cool to see weapon specials tied to skills (Parry for feint, Armor Ignore for Tactics/Anatomy, Poisoning for Infectious Strike, Spellweaving for Force of Nature).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really can't add much other than my support that these changes will destroy the warrior class and force anyone who wishes to stay in the game to play a caster or a tamer.
Not sure where you're getting that from the current feedback.

I'm not a great tester for this publish. I don't fully understand armor in any case, but I took my warrior to Test center.
Her current kit includes spirit of the totem, enchanted kelp leggings, bronze armor of the valkyrie and 3 pieces barbed, studded leather. I took her to the daemon valley near compassion. A spot I know very well and am comfortable. As expected stamina loss was significant, but she managed to hold her own, just.
Then I put her into a suit my crafter made.
This suit is made in valorite and imbued using nothing but relic fragments, enchanted essence, magic residue and normal gems. No special ingredients of any kind. Nor is it 'full plate'.
The next daemon to spawn was a paragon. She took it on and handled it with less stamina loss and problem than she'd previously encountered with a normal daemon, and easily less trouble than I would expect her to have on Europa with a paragon daemon.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep bleed on the leafblade

add feint to some other fencing weapons

That'd be pretty super. Then everyone happy in regards to that special.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure where you're getting that from the current feedback.

I'm not a great tester for this publish. I don't fully understand armor in any case, but I took my warrior to Test center.
Her current kit includes spirit of the totem, enchanted kelp leggings, bronze armor of the valkyrie and 3 pieces barbed, studded leather. I took her to the daemon valley near compassion. A spot I know very well and am comfortable. As expected stamina loss was significant, but she managed to hold her own, just.
Then I put her into a suit my crafter made.
This suit is made in valorite and imbued using nothing but relic fragments, enchanted essence, magic residue and normal gems. No special ingredients of any kind. Nor is it 'full plate'.
The next daemon to spawn was a paragon. She took it on and handled it with less stamina loss and problem than she'd previously encountered with a normal daemon, and easily less trouble than I would expect her to have on Europa with a paragon daemon.

Unfortunately the stam change goes a little further then bashing on a demon, no offense. the stamina potion change, in its current form, is completely crippling in pvp. The stamina leech change, is fairly crippling in pvm. and the heavy armor doesn't work as well as it appeared to in the notes.

Neither of them would be THAT crippling in either facet, if plate armor negated stam loss even better, but i think there is a strong sentiment as well that most players do not want to HAVE to change all their suits to conform with the stam changes.

I don't mind redoing suits, because im some strange perfectionist with 5000 line excel spreadsheets. But i realize that also isn't the norm. I also don't play like i used to and knowing that i'd have to update several suits before truely playing would just be a nightmare.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
GoldbergWould these changes would be so bad IF they ditched the pot timer and the divine fury nerf. I don't see a problem with dimishing returns on stam leech if divine fury was left alone. It may take a little more thought out to do a boss and alchemists will be more needed.

Input?
Yes they would be very bad. I am taking massive Stamina Damage from very low lvl mobs and now to counteract it I am suppose to carry around a bunch of pots. NO TY

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mind redoing suits, because im some strange perfectionist with 5000 line excel spreadsheets. But i realize that also isn't the norm. I also don't play like i used to and knowing that i'd have to update several suits before truely playing would just be a nightmare.
This. I still dont see the reasoning behind the push. If it could be explained as to the pro's vs what I see as cons I'd love to know.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I undertstand that he has absolutely no clue about actual game mechanics unless you count buying & selling items a mechanic :)

Thats fine. Not everyone that plays UO needs to pvp or pvm.

I just have issue with the fact that he is a blind cheerleader.
He has a lot of clue. There are those that stand to make a lot of gold and $$$ if this goes to prodo shards. That small select few will say and do anything to help this along, I guess they think there will be enough players left to make a profit off of this. I was woundering why some one was paying 4-5M for Barbed Runic Kits last week. UUMMMM

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they would be very bad. I am taking massive Stamina Damage from very low lvl mobs and now to counteract it I am suppose to carry around a bunch of pots. NO TY
This is kind of my main beef with the new system as well. I thought things would pretty much work like they do now. Damge taken = stamina damage taken, only heavier armor would negate more stamina damage. It seemd like a fair trade off and a good enough reason for warriors to convert to heavier armor without feeling forced into converting.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if it's relevant or helpful, but this is my char in the no frills valorite suit. Suit is shown in detail at the end. I'm not very good at this, you might want to skip the first few seconds
http://www.twitch.tv/petra_fyde/b/364015620#

I realise there are more problems than this short vid addresses. This was just in answer to the idea that the only viable characters would be mages and tamers. In this simple, cheap suit my warrior actually fared better than she does currently, on her regular shard, in the same situation.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep leafblade as it is.

Put armor ignore and bleed on another fencing weapon that currently doesn't see any use.
Problem solved. That'd be pretty super. Then everyone happy in regards to that special.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if it's relevant or helpful, but this is my char in the no frills valorite suit. Suit is shown in detail at the end. I'm not very good at this, you might want to skip the first few seconds
I've seen your name on Stratics since I started playing UO in 2003.. and only looking at it in that link did I realise the connection between the two parts!

Last edited:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I realise there are more problems than this short vid addresses. This was just in answer to the idea that the only viable characters would be mages and tamers. In this simple, cheap suit my warrior actually fared better than she does currently, on her regular shard, in the same situation.
I see you are taking pretty low hits. Also looks like you are using dragon barding. Lose the barding, move that gal down to the abyss and find some fire ants.

Edit: Point being here you will start to take on significant stamina damage @10-15 points.

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Petra you seam to skim over the fact that everyone has a leather suit at this point in time. Yes a full pate suit is going to help slightly. But not in PvP in a fel spawn, where chugging a red pot every second to push through a chock point or spawn is the norm. Then there is the 100+ millon gold cost to upgrade EVERY character that I own, and im just expected to throw away the 100+ million gold suits i have just made/bought after the faction nerf. The faction Nerf made loads of people leave as they were unable to aford the gold to reamake their suits, what going to happen this time, its not just the PvPers who are going to take a hit its the PvMers too.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being back after a small break from uo i was really looking forward to see changes in weapons and armor. I have not finished testing on tc1 , so i will comment only what i see in the patchnotes.
Removing feint from the leafblade is probably the worst thing that could happen. While fencing sampires have been nearly invulnerable due to this weapon , our devs also need to consider the following:

Leafblade was basically the only weapon that did allow warriors with only bandage healing ( without vampiric embrace, curse weapon or stone form ) to do certain high end content.
Those templates used either bushido/parry or ninja for mirror images to survive.
Every single nerf aimed at sampires did hit those templates even harder, examples are double potion weight, increased mana cost for lightning strike, higher chivalry skill needed for same results as before. Also cure potion nerf and apple timer, as those templates dont have room for 90-120 resist like a sampire has. And to top that, reduced stamina leech, less stam from divine fury and timer on refresh pots. That results in lower swing speed and less mana for defensive purposes.
Removing feint from a good fencing weapon will have 2 effects:
1. Forcing people to run either vampiric embrace or curse weapon/wraith form templates.
2. Kills fencing for pvm as swords has more weapon choices in every speed range and leafblade was basically the only reason to run fencing for high end pvm.

In short, removing feint from fencing will remove a lot of choice and diversity for pvm dexxers. We will see either swords sampires and sometimes the odd guy in wraith form using maces.
I also do not understand why fencing gets destroyed for pvm while especially axes that are fairly op in certain situations ( double axe, whirlwind+doublestrike ftw ) get even a boost to base damage.
There have been reasons for certain weapons to have a bit lower base damage because the specials on them are so good.

Also feint should be back to the nunchaku, that weapon looks good and has a sound i like and isnt overpowered in terms of damage output. Maybe change macing a bit to have feint/dual wield on the nunchaku and feint/double strike or crushing blow on the tessen. None of these weapons are op in terms of damage and in terms of speed they could be very nice weapons for people without much gold and not so uber gear.

Now about the poor gargoyles.
That throwing nerf isnt really a nerf for the pvm players on shards with insurance. Cyclone now needs 35 instead of 20 ssi for decent speed at spawns. Easy to get now. For soulglaive to swing at 1.75 sec, you need 55 ssi and 180 stam, also not so hard with current equipment. As a bonus, due to lower weapon speed one could imbue higher mana leeches. That changes to the boomerang damage and mana cost for mystic arc will probably be very nice for certain champ spawns and templates.
Maybe there was a reason to remove that 50 hci cap for gargoyles to maintain pvp balance. What the devs also did not realize is that exaclty that higher hci cap was the reason to build a gargoyle char with either swords, macing or fencing for pvm. Because all of those gargoyle pvm weapons got better counterparts on the human/elf side. Right now you could remove all gargoyle pvm melee weapons and give every garg pvm melee dexxer a free race change token. To make it clear, with the removal of double strike from daisho every gargoyle melee weapon does suck for pvm.

So , while its nice that our winged friends can use nervestrike now, does it need to be on a daisho ? Maybe there was a reason the original developers did put it on a weapon with very low base damage.
Im not a pvper, but infused throw / nervestrike combo doesnt sound friendly to me.

You also did notice that gargoyles can only use 4 parts of blacksmith crafted armor, the other 2 parts are made by a tinker. Another disadvantge, since you will need 5 parts for full stamina loss protection.
And there is no woodland armor for them that you can imbue and enhance later for a 6. mod.

Siege / Mugen shards ... armor revamp.
There is a reason people on those shards run barbed leather suits. Barbed leather is easy to get.
If you force dexxers into verite / valorite platemail, they will leave. Materials are much harder to get than barbed leather, and most miners prefer to keep them for themselves to fill bods.
Basically dexxers on these shards get forced into training those skills or to stop playing there. Btw i play dexxer on siege, keep a second account just to hold a house there and dont have mining or backsmithing trained. Guess what will happen.
Probably 2/3 of the people that do pvm on siege are already mystics or tamers, things will get boring in terms of template diversity.

If the goal of these changes was to nerf sampires, its a horrible fail. People will switch from fencing to swords and pick up spirit speak to use curse weapon for more healing. Not much will change for necro warriors except a bit lower damage. Survivability for them will stay the same. But a lot of other templates that do really need a certain damage output to keep mana for defensive purposes simply get completely destroyed by those changes to stam leech, divine fury, refresh pots, weapon specials and stamina los from damage.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just sent this in through the website, posting it here in public as well so you can read it as well.

Weapon damage rebalancing

Pros:
- More consistency between weapons is good, there were some weapons that were vastly underpowered in terms of DPS and this has been mostly addressed now

Cons:
- Still no reason to use two-handed weapons, as the minor increase in base damage does not make up for the lack of properties that one could get if one uses a shield, and the generally slower swing speeds also make the weapons undesirable

Suggestion:
- Add intrinsic ability to two handed weapons (pre-AOS each two hander had an innate chance to inflict something extra with each strike, based on the type of weapon)
- Increase amount and intensities of properties on two-handed weapons and raise imbue caps on them

Weapon Special Moves

Pros:
- Double Strike buff does seem to make it a valid alternative to Armor Ignore in certain situations

Cons:
- Most of the other special moves still useless
- New frenzied whirlwind just doesn't do much, movement slow proc is pretty much useless in PVE and in PVP you won't get in a situation where you can control your opponent with it (and they certainly won't ball up to allow you to hit many of them at the same time)
- Still reliance on bushido/ninjitsu for many special moves (including whirlwind), would be nice to have this dependency removed alltogether or at least extend it to Chivalry, so running a warrior without Bushido becomes a valid choice
- Leafblade and Daisho weapons ruined, instead of changing the special moves on these weapons, modify special moves on weapons that currently do not see much use

Armor and Stamina Damage Changes

Pros:
- LOVE the general idea! Really a good way to add something extra to metal armor.
- Sounds realistic and is easy to understand from a player perspective.

Cons:
- Stamina loss is way too high and doesn't scale properly relative to the amount of damage taken.
- Makes studded and bone armor undesirable.
- Leather armor users are out of stamina all the time.
- Mage armor property treats metal armor as leather

Suggestion:
- Maybe make studded/bone etc half-med again, like it used to be pre-AOS
- Scale stamina damage roughly to the amount we lose now on live for leather armor and make platemail users totally (or nearly) immume to stamina damage.
- Mage armor should be treated as the type of armor it is for purposes of stamina loss protection, AND allow meditation. Afterall it takes up a property slot and costs a load of imbue points, so it better does something good instead of be something bad.
- Maybe have a role for macing and 2 handed weapons here, in that they bypass armor protection against stamina loss? Would make them valid in PVP (still need something extra for PVE though).

Armor Mana Phasing

Pros:
- I don't like this at all. Sorry, can't think of ANY good reason to put here. :(

Cons:
- Much complexity.
- Not intuitive (even in a fantasy game with berserkers and stuff, getting free mana from someone beating on a non-magical platemail sounds stupid).
- Benefits really low (2-4% lower mana cost equivalent?) and effect unreliable.
- Cooldowns suck, if I want to stare at timers all day, I'd play WoW.

Armor Inherent Swing Speed Debuff

Pros:
- Don't like this at all either :(

Cons:
- Horribly complex and hard to understand
- Very dependent on the random number generator (I lost the PVP match because his armor procced, and mine didn't!)
- Too unreliable for PVE.
- Basically a 5% damage reduction from martial attacks, aren't there easier ways to just say so?
- Cooldowns suck. I still don't want to play WoW.

Stamina Leech Nerf

- Way too excessive from my testing.

Divine Fury Nerf

- This ability has been nerfed many times already, if nerfing stamina gain, maybe buff it in another aspect (damage, swingspeed, HCI, reduce DCI penalty, etc)
- Maybe just change insta stamina gain to a stamina regeneration over time thing instead, perhaps even compensate it with a buff that it also regenerates mana a bit as well

Stamina Pots

I don't use these so disregard my opinion
- As we all know, I hate cooldowns.
- Sounds nasty for PVP (he attacked me while my potion was still on cooldown so I couldn't do anything - a lot of things can happen in 10 sec)

Throwing Nerf
- Sounds good

Animal Form Nerf
- Sounds good

Other Feedback

- Please keep the system simple/intuitive and make use of existing mechanics where possible
- When messing with core systems, please make sure that the price to pay (people rebuilding suits) is really worth the improvements to the game mechanics and pays off in the long run. Thus if you have to, make the overhaul fundamental, don't change the system with a small band-aid fix that won't hold in the long run.
- Any bonusses for armor should be displayed on the armor itself for transparancy's sake or be so sensible that it doesn't need to be displayed
- Don't listen to the people that want 80+ resist caps on platemail or 60- on leather
- Don't listen to the people that want over 9000 imbue power on platemail
- Please don't forget about dragon armor (this is the only case where I'd justify messing with the resist caps: +5 for specific scale color, but lowering all others by 5 might actually be an option here that I wouldn't mind. Not cumulative with elf +5 energy bonus!)
- Looking forward to phase 2 of the armor improvements

Something else entirely:

- For the sake of template diversity, please remove Bushido parry penalty to 1h + shield users (just give bonus to 2h weapon parry). Then people will be encouraged to actually take up parry into their builds again, as right now people are almost forced to use a shield, but are also forced to have bushido, so they drop parry as bushido makes it useless.
- Please allow chivalry to count for the purposes of the Perfection system in lieu of Bushido, at least for the luck bonus (not necessarily the damage bonus). Then warriors can make more valid templates without Bushido.

Last but not least: Thanks for listening and don't let the harsh comments discourage you!

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, i get the feeling that they are attempting to remove Feint from being so heavily used against high damage bosses. No one wants you to be able to "easily" solo anything, and Feint provides the ease. I consider that a good thing. Feint could still be used, but you would need to do a weap swap.

I'm surprised none of the irate fencers here aren't giddy that the long spear is an ai weap, with low base speed, and a decent DPS due to upgraded base damage... Guess most just talk when there is something to complain about..

I also notice that no one is talking about there being a another weapon with nerve strike.. with higher base damage (Daishos).

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The SSI debuff just seems really weird and too complicated. I am having some difficulty how this works RP-wise. What do you do, physically, suddenly forearm smash your armed foe in the face thus temporarily dazing him? Deliver a sudden, armored head-butt? Couldn't you do that with the butt of your sword while also wearing non-metal armor? If your opponent is also metal-armored shouldn't he be able to guard against this better? And isn't this a little too complex? And a tad pointless in the light of the other changes?
RP wise, it's probably your char using his armor to pin the opponents weapon, making the opponent unable to attack as fast. Actually, here's a damn good example of that. In lighter armor, he wouldn't of been able to do that.

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... would it help if they also made a tool that allows you to change your existing armour piece from it's current category of metal, wood or leather to a piece with exactly the same stats, resists and modifiers in another category?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goldberg I'm sure they're very aware this will effect every template in game except for the famed bank sitters and crafters.

Take that anger and put it into something productive to help them tweak the changes.

Would these changes would be so bad IF they ditched the pot timer and the divine fury nerf. I don't see a problem with dimishing returns on stam leech if divine fury was left alone. It may take a little more thought out to do a boss and alchemists will be more needed.

Input?
I hear you but I didnt just read the publish notes and rush in here to comment without thinking it through and testing it a bit. I am sorry if I come off as angry but there are enough cheerleaders in here already imo.

Divine Fury is not an answer at all to current publish issues. It bothers me that people are even mentioning it in this thread.
Even in its current pre-nerf form it is a terrible spell to use in pvp. It is karma based and creates a significant loss of defense chance when used. How can it possibly make sense to correctly build a pvp warrior suit with the amount of dci needed to be competitive then lose alot of that dci by casting one of your own spells? Thats an insane tradeoff.
Now they wanna take that same spell and reduce the only part of the tradeoff that benefits you? The full stam regen. It is laughable and insulting.
Not to mention that to play a chiv warrior correctly you need fc/fcr jewels. So now all warriors will have to change out their whole suits AND jewels all the while losing huge mods on the jewels to get the fc needed just to counter-balance the gigantic stam nerf?
Wow.

I also cant believe that anyone believes ANY amount of stam regen in a suit can even begin to compare to using red pots.
There is a very good reason that experienced warrior pvpers dont bother putting stam regen in their suits. Even at high levels it does not come close to regenerating enough stam to affect/restore proper swing speed.

120 Focus is also currently a complete waste as it pertains to keeping up proper weapon speed.

Anyone that tries to tell me that 120 focus is the answer is either clueless or just plain biased. Asking a warrior to tie up 120 precious skill points in a template just so that you can keep swinging your weapon at the proper speed is laughable.
The exact equivalent to that would be connecting 120 meditation to mages casting speed. As a mage gets lower in med he casts slower. Try that one and see how it goes :)
It would be ridiculous and crippling to the mage.

Its funny though how nobody ever mentions the current fact/dynamic that mages dont cast slower when their mana drains but warriors swing slower when their stam drains. How is that equal or balanced?
I am not complaining about it as I honestly believe that current pvp is very well balanced between warriors and mages (taking the thrower out of the equation) but it is another issue that warriors have to deal with that will become much more crippling if the current revamp rules apply.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RP wise, it's probably your char using his armor to pin the opponents weapon, making the opponent unable to attack as fast. Actually, here's a damn good example of that. In lighter armor, he wouldn't of been able to do that.
<snip>
Good thing for him that bone harvesters don't have the Armor Ignore special move, eh? :p

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Point and click dexxer should not be as powerful as a mage that requires some skill to pvp. I can train a monkey to point and click and hit 3 macros (heal,AI,mortal). The stamina issue will add new tactics to the way people have to pvp. The ninja form casting fix is WAY overdue. The armor rehauls are WAY overdue. The changes to pvm is also overdue as they never intended spawns/bosses to be soloed and farmed 24/7. Overall a good start to a GREAT publish

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's gonna be funny how after a battle starts, everyone's gonna be locked in place because they'll never have enough stamina to move at all - lol

should make for some very stationary battles from now on - it'll be more like WoW where people can't run away at all after combat starts and then the battle becomes beat each other over the head with a club and the person with the biggest club wins

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You also did notice that gargoyles can only use 4 parts of blacksmith crafted armor, the other 2 parts are made by a tinker. Another disadvantge, since you will need 5 parts for full stamina loss protection.
And there is no woodland armor for them that you can imbue and enhance later for a 6. mod.
Gargoyle Platemail is also superior to all other armor in form of Resists. Gargoyle Platemail honestly has the total Resists that all forms of Platemail should have (Human Platemail, Samurai Platemail, etc).
A non-exceptional iron Gargish Platemail Chest has 30 total Resists baseline. A non-exceptional iron Platemail Tunic (Human) has 15 total Resists baseline. Not even the vaunted Woodland Armor has as much Resists as Gargish Platemail, with 15 total Resists baseline as a non-exceptional normal wood Woodland Chest.
An Exceptional (GM Armslore) Valorite Platemail Tunic (Human) has a total of 48 Resists. An Exceptional (GM Armslore) Frostwood Woodland Chest has a total of 53 Resists. An Exceptional (GM Armslore) Valorite Gargish Platemail Chest has a total of 63 Resists.

Now you put 4 pieces of Exceptional (GM Armslore) Valorite Gargish Platemail together, and the Resist difference between it and the Platemail Set (Human) or Woodland Set is staggering, even with the Necklace/Earrings not benefitting from Material type. Because Gargish Platemail has such high base Resists, it doesn't need many Resist imbues at all, opening up a crapton of imbuing slots that Platemail (Human) or Woodland simply don't have.

With these changes though, they simply have to remove Mage Armor from Exceptionally crafted Samurai Platemail. If someone wants it on, they can imbue it on. Or at least make it to where the Whetstone of Enervation can remove Mage Armor from armor.

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The armor rehauls are WAY overdue. The changes to pvm is also overdue as they never intended spawns/bosses to be soloed and farmed 24/7. Overall a good start to a GREAT publish
This is one of the most universally hated publishes to have ever been proposed and the developers have already stated that they have no intention of pushing it as it is. Deal with it.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Point and click dexxer should not be as powerful as a mage that requires some skill to pvp. I can train a monkey to point and click and hit 3 macros (heal,AI,mortal). The stamina issue will add new tactics to the way people have to pvp. The ninja form casting fix is WAY overdue. The armor rehauls are WAY overdue. The changes to pvm is also overdue as they never intended spawns/bosses to be soloed and farmed 24/7. Overall a good start to a GREAT publish
I started to compose a large response that quite easily refutes everything you said except the ninja nerf but then I realized that
you are only popping into this thread to instigate and cheerlead as you are known to build libraries and don't pvp.

So instead I just chuckled to myself and will happily ignore you from now on :)

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can this go over the cap? I guess I only half understand this point. I think the reason for the change is that you are investing alot of mana in a move that only has a chance of actually firing off (not to mention the reduced DI, if I understand that correctly, as well). So the HCI is to kind of add a reason to want to attempt the double strike/shot. But if already at HCI cap (proposed 45 for all races now, I think?), will it even be noticed? Or does this allow that second strike/shot to cap out at 60?

I like this change if it allows that second strike/shot to go over cap. Otherwise, I'm not sure I will notice it much.
The 15% hit chance is added after the final hit chance is calculated and is not subject to any cap.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started to compose a large response that quite easily refutes everything you said except the ninja nerf but then I realized that
you are only popping into this thread to instigate and cheerlead as you are known to build libraries and don't pvp.

So instead I just chuckled to myself and will happily ignore you from now on :)
Ill point and clicky you anyday pvp. Just bc I build empires doesn't mean I can't mingle with the likes of you

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So... would it help if they also made a tool that allows you to change your existing armour piece from it's current category of metal, wood or leather to a piece with exactly the same stats, resists and modifiers in another category?
NO All my gear is medable, that does not mean it is made of leather. The system is treating Mage Armor as if it were made of leather. None of my gear is imbued and has take a long time to make/gather/buy and if I even converted it to all plate/NON-Mage Armor then I lose all my passive mana regen and most Warriors have enough mana to get by on as thier major concern is Str/Dex. You do not destroy everything just to make plate better. Enhance plate and make it where Mage Armor is not a bad thing.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It is a good clip but remember they did something similar to that in Rob Roy.....Using bare hands.

-Galen's player

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Non parry mages generally run 20-25 dex. Non mystic mages will have to run medable armor (leather) not to mention the people that just dumped half a billion into top of the line reforged leather armor.

So according to these changes, one hit and every bit of their stam will be gone. Since there will be a 10sec timer on total refresh potions mages will be totally unable to move.
wearing leather with 20-25 stamina you will (or should lose) 4-5 stamina when hit. The percentage lost is based on what you have left in your stamina pool and what type of armor you have on. What Gheed was saying is that the more stamina you have the greater amount that you lose when hit. So mages with little stamina will lose less, while a warrior with the high stamina will lose a greater chunk which is a lot more noticeable .

For example: 181 stamina wearing leather armor will lose 36.2 stamina. This lose can come from anything. fire ball spell, magic arrow, or getting hit by a rat.

Now I have not tested leather but have tested wood and plate (both on Dexers) and the first chunk of stamina is what lowers me past my swing speed. So all a mage has to do is hit a dexer with a magic arrow a few times to take the stamina away from a dexer and then it should be easy for the mage from then on. Just get into the 10 second timer for total refresh.

I play dexers and do not like this as it stands.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed so if it stays remotely close to this I just see dexxers switching up to 2.0 swing weps w/ 35% Ssi & being at 1.25 swing with 0 stam. Just think of all the stats you can put into mana! You have to not use bandage heals to get the most out of this though bc youd need dex to do that right. Atm its really too early to tell though. I personally never really test this stuff bc IVe never felt my input would be listened to. Thus I just wait till I think its likely to go live as it is & then test to insure i grasp mechanics...THEN i brainstorm up something gimp.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 15% hit chance is added after the final hit chance is calculated and is not subject to any cap.
Still sort of pointless as it sits. with the base damage of even the heaviest weapons, the dice roll of increased damage from a doublestrike is barely over that of an armor ignore. and if you can use guaranteed damage, you would just stick with armor ignores. Base damages need increased, while many of the heavy/slow weapons need some more forgiving base speeds. Melee fighting is definitely a little harder than ranged (archer/thrower) and needs to be treated better than it is.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have spent the last couple of days reading all the threads and posts by these very passionate players, my apologies for being late to the party. Thank you in advance for the effort on attempting to tackle such ambitious goals, this will be my attempt to give measured criticism, and hopefully not be overly critical. I enjoyed how Shakkara framed her feedback, so I will utilize a similar setup.

Weapon Revamp- Shakkara's feedback here was pretty much spot on in my opinion.

Pros:
- Weapon DPS had indeed been made more consistant. I don't believe you will get many complaints on this change.

Cons:
- The majority of two-handed weapons and slow weapons (3.75 and up) are still undesirable. The damage increase is certainly helpful, but I would reckon that swing speed is one of the biggest concerns in determining which weapons get used. A 3.75 weapon with 40 SSI and 150 stam (relatively high value stats) swings at 1.75, which is half a second from the current max, and a long time in most combat situations. With the proposed changes to stam these values will become even more important and also increasingly difficult to maintain in the case of swing speed.

Suggestions/Comments:
- Shakkara's suggestions mirror what I have read from several posters and are fine suggestions in general. I personally am not a proponent of random "procs", so my opinion would be to avoid that line of thinking if possible.
- I like the idea of giving two-handed weapons a slightly larger imbuing/intensities cap, but I would truely love to see balanced as an imbuing option as well.
*I realize this idea may be contentious, but it is often the main reason I choose not to use two-handed weapons in pvp.*
- Consider lowering the cost of balanced for ranged weapons as it's become a nearly mandatory mod for archery, and is free for throwing.
- Would a two tile range for two-handed weapons be game breaking? - Just thinking out loud on this one...
- Please take one more look at some of the slower weapons (3.75 and up) and ask yourselves, do they really need to be so slow?

Weapon Special Move Changes - This is a section I am very passionate about.

Pros:
- I appreciate the general direction you went with many of these changes, Double Strike/Shot, and Armor Pierce being the stand out changes in my opinion.
- Bleed, disarm, and mortal strike are seemingly headed in the right direction. - Could we get some more information on the "effect reduction" mechanic for mortal strike and bleed?

Cons: A bigger list here, but you aren't that far off on many of the changes.
- Bladeweave: Still disappointed that this is random, taking tactical choices out of the equation, and relying mostly on luck.
- Crushing Blow: I completely understand the concept and can appreciate the bonus to an otherwise lackluster move, but I am more concerned with potential abuse at this time. Most casters run 20-30 stamina, two shots from this move could render someone immobile, this situation would be further compounded by the proposed armor/stamina changes, and the fact maces do extra stamina damage.
- Force of Nature: The damage increase seems better, but the move reads overly complicated (delayed damage, 12th hit, resist stun...), and not many people will appreciate receiving what will seem like a random stun either.
- Frenzied Whirlwind: The movement reduction doesn't seem a feasible enough addition and in my opinion doesn't fit with when I picture a frenzied whirlwind. Frenzied in my mind evokes images of a beserker, a wild element to the move, something with a bonus, but also an added risk.
- Talon Strike: Much closer to being improved, the 1-4 extra seconds will put the damage closer to 30-35 from the negative hp regen (as long as hp regen is low). Many pvpers run 10-18 reducing the effectiveness (I'm sure some monsters have high hp regen as well), not to mention this move is only available on one very underused weapon.

Suggestions/Comments:
- Bladeweave: I don't have a magic solution... Your current change is certainly an improvement, but something less random would be fantastic. Possibly consider a physical and magic reflect mechanic (percentages determined by you), another buff/debuff mechanic to improve damage, or ideally a move to compete with AI. I know it's not as simple as just suggesting a change, but being represented on four weapons this "magical" move deserves something a little more, in this posters opinion.
- Crushing Blow: Instead of the stamina drain, which at this moment would seemingly make the stamina issue far worse, how about considering having crushing blow lower physical resist by 5 for a few seconds? Currently there are only a few ways this mechanic can be achieved (pets). This would also give a slight damage boost to a move that can be close to AI damage, and dexxers a mechanic that mimics a mages curse spell, but for physical only.
- Force of Nature: I like the general direction you went with the move and can appreciate you giving it to a few other weapons, however if it is intended to remain elven inspired it should only be on wooden weapons. This move reads overly complicated and needs to be tweaked a bit... On the 12th hit, in the 4th battle, against the 2nd opponent you shall cause a stun, which can be partially resisted if your opponent has recently sacrificed a hamster to Mesanna... hehehe.
- Frenzied Whirlwind: This move is currently only on 3 under utilized weapons and would benefit from a stronger ability, that will also hopefully fit more with the Frenzied theme. Mentiras put forth an interesting suggestion in the 7th post of http://stratics.com/community/threads/weapon-special-move-review.285978/#post-2191160
- Talon Strike: Very close here, my suggestions would be to either give a slight bump to the negative hp regen, an increase to the initial hit's damage increase, or both.
- Overall many improvements, I would suggest in a couple situations where special moves were changed (leafblade in particular) to consider leaving the playerbase with their favorite "familiar" weapons, and buff the less utilized ones.

Armor Revamp part 1 - The fact that this is only part 1 makes truly accurate feedback difficult, but it's safe to say there are some attributes of these changes that many have found issue with. Shakkara hits most of the important points spot-on.

Pros:
- The ability to reduce stamina damage is a great starting point for an incentive to wear "heavier" armor.

Cons:
- The stamina damage taken is currently too extreme, especially on players with large stamina pools, even tiny damage can take huge chunks of stamina away.
- Leather armor stamina damage is too much currently.
- Mage armor property treats other armor types as leather.
- Studded and Bone armor are still not good choices.

Suggestions/Comments: Most of these are Shakkara's ideas with an addition (or correction) here and there, but damn they are well thought out ideas in my opinion.
- Make Studded/Bone half-med again, like it used to be pre-AOS. Possibly consider Wood/Plate at 25% med.
- Scale stamina damage closer to the amount we lose now on live for leather armor and make platemail users nearly immune to stamina damage. It is important in my mind to leave a more stable base for players, so they do not feel like they have to change all their armor. You should can make it advantagous to change armor, but with less discrepancies in stamina damage from live it will feel less like being forced.
- Mage armor should be treated as the type of armor it is for purposes of stamina loss protection, and still allow meditation. After all it takes up a property slot and costs a load of imbue points, so it better do something good instead of hindering an item.
- Shakkara said it towards the end of the post, but don't forget about dragon armor please. It certainly is one of the cooler looking armors...

Armor Inherent Mana Phasing/SSI debuff - Shakkara again with the well put feedback.

Cons:
- Not an advocate of these types of mechanics, so Pros does not apply in this case.
- Definately two overly complex systems to understand for many players.
- Very dependent on random "procs".

Suggestions/Comments:
- Making Studded/Bone half-med again, like it used to be pre-AOS, and Wood/Plate at 25% med, could in theory reduce the need to have a mechanic like mana phasing. I'm sure a substitute could be found for the SSI debuff if it was still deemed necessary.

Combat Changes - Arguably the second most negatively received changes can be found within this section. I believe if the stamina damage becomes less of an issue and a couple tweaks are made to a few of these changes, they will become better received.

Pros:
- Gargoyle hit chance cap being reduced from 50 to 45. I hope I am correctly understanding they still get the +5, so they only need 40.
- Hit lower defense becomes more effecient and difficult to negate.
- Animal form can now be interrupted.
- Necromancy: Evil Omen now reduces Mysticism Stone Form Immunity by 30. I'm not sure I understand this completely, but anything that offers a feasible option to Stone Form, and isn't Mysticism based (purge) is appreciated. Would love more information here, so I can say I fully understand.

Need more information/Undecided:
- Throwing: Adjusted throwing sweet spot hit chance and damage reduction penalties. Throwing damage reduction penalties now scale based on player stamina and strength. It's difficult to tell here if this change is truly for the better, or for the worse, please include more information if possible.
- Mysticism: Increased Cleansing Winds healing power reduction based on curses. Cleansing Winds will always heal for maximum potential when the target is the caster. Cleansing Wind power will now scale based on the number of targets when healing targets that are not the caster. I like the fact that you compromised here with the caster receiving the full benefit, but extra recipients receiving a reduced effect. I will need to test this more to be certain myself.

Cons:
- All stamina potions now operate on a global cooldown. Total refresh potions apply a ten second cooldown, refresh potions apply a two second cooldown, and faction refresh potions apply a two second cooldown.
- Weapon effect: Hit stamina leech is now subject to diminishing returns based on max player stamina.
- Chivalry: Divine Fury stamina regenerated decreased to 2.5x duration from 4x duration.
* All these stamina nerfs are cons at the moment, because this publish currently has a far too dramatic effect on stamina.*

Suggestions/Comments:
- The new (and improved) hit lower defense formula should be applied to hit lower attack as well, even if it's just to keep the mechanics acting similar.
- Animal form's casting speed should be "normalized"/set now that it's interruptible. I would suggest a faster casting speed (of at least 2) as dexxers can rarely afford the fast casting stat, and the dismounters are already jumping for joy.
- With how the publish looks at the moment of this posting, any and all stamina changes will make the general public cringe, so I will avoid delving into the subject too heavily, however if the stamina damage is lowered for leather (medable armor) some of these changes with minor tweaks, for example the cooldowns on stamina potions (might need to be lower than 10) could be very interesting proposals.
- I can actually appreciate and respect much of the direction these grand ideas were seemingly aiming for, however I believe that the myriad of stamina tweaks (stamina damage in leather most of all) added up to a stamina knockout punch to the community instead. In general when dealing with so many large systems it might be better off to start a little slower with the changes, as you can tell by reading the forums we have many different types of posters, some of whom see this publish as the sky is falling (I don't, but I can certainly understand it.) Thank you Dev team for the opportunity to give feedback that will be hopefully be received well.

Thank you all for your time if you read this extremely long post, I feel as if I just wrote an essay to the college of UO... I think my major will be pvp, with a minor in suit building, I'll also probably dabble around in treasure hunting.

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have spent the last couple of days reading all the threads and posts by these very passionate players, my apologies for being late to the party. Thank you in advance for the effort on attempting to tackle such ambitious goals, this will be my attempt to give measured criticism, and hopefully not be overly critical. I enjoyed how Shakkara framed her feedback, so I will utilize a similar setup.
I just want to take a moment and thank you, Shakkara (even though she's hating on my Ambassador title :p) and everyone else who has provided such great feedback. I've read it over and over that we're just going to ignore what everyone has suggested and push it all to production post-haste. I want to reiterate that this is not the case. We are in fact listening and watching and will be making changes based on the feedback. Thanks again!

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chief Concerns for Mages
  1. Stuck in the mud 0 stamina
  2. Push Through in Fel
A few pieces of Stamina Regen, a few total refresh as well as a good teleport macro set up can resolve this in most cases. Throwing a mage in a tin can will just kill your passive mana regen. So I will be going this route on my mages.

Chief Concerns for Dexers

1. Swing speed loss due to stamina hits
  2. Stuck in mud 0 Stamina
  3. Push through in Fel
  4. Passive Mana Regen loss while in a Tin Can.
Solutions

1. Cap off SSI to 60 if possible and if in budget.
  2. Stamina Regen on a few pieces
  3. Build the suit based on Template/Weapon Speed/ and combat scenario - Keeping in mind on optimum swing speed as well as a good mana pool to boot.
Example: A straight Fencer type template using kryss/warfork will not have to over stuff stamina increase. While a Archer will have to max out SSI and Stamina.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Chief Concerns for Mages

something overlooked in the adjustments - this will make Chivalry a little more important, for Divine Fury. I Personally have never used refreshes with a dexer, only DF. For me, refreshes are a crutch for the non-paladin... :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see you are taking pretty low hits. Also looks like you are using dragon barding. Lose the barding, move that gal down to the abyss and find some fire ants.

Edit: Point being here you will start to take on significant stamina damage @10-15 points.
I deliberately did something I've done many times before so I would be able to accurately compare it to what I was seeing. The valorite suit gave me better protection than my current suit on Europa doing the exact same thing. I don't fight fire ants on my warrior. I use my bard to work the mini champs.
It has already been noted, repeatedly, that the penalty for wearing leather is overly high. I am now patiently waiting for the response to that, knowing that the response won't be instant.

Taking blows has always depleted stamina to a degree, the difference here is how much your armor off sets that - the numbers obviously aren't quite right yet. I believe the aim is for warriors to be better off in metal - which they are, and that makes sense. The suit I was wearing was below optimal, since I had no access to special resources. It was, however, more than adequate. It was NOT 'full plate'.
What currently doesn't make sense is that mages are pretty much helpless in leather.

I think melee characters probably will need to convert to metal suits - ringmail, chainmail, plate or some combination - the return of the light or heavy archer suit? I'm not sure who would use studded - archers? Maybe wood needs a boost to compensate for the elf not having the Human's racial bonus? The same with stone for a gargoyle?

I have no idea what hybrids like sampire will do. I have no understanding of that template.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. Passive Mana Regen loss while in a Tin Can.
I could be wrong, but I don't think you get passive mana regen unless you've got meditation skill? Focus isn't affected by med/non med armor.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NO All my gear is medable, that does not mean it is made of leather. The system is treating Mage Armor as if it were made of leather. None of my gear is imbued and has take a long time to make/gather/buy and if I even converted it to all plate/NON-Mage Armor then I lose all my passive mana regen and most Warriors have enough mana to get by on as thier major concern is Str/Dex. You do not destroy everything just to make plate better. Enhance plate and make it where Mage Armor is not a bad thing.
Fair point, I'd not picked up on the strange way they are talking about handling mage armour. The assumption that 'mage armour = lesser protection from stamina loss' is outright silly within the current game, since effectively resists and properties of the equipment are disconnected from what the material used to make it may be.....

At heart, I really just want a simple, logically consistent and easily explained system for armour and weapons - like what we had before they began the process of statistical overcomplication in preference to an immersive world. Hell, just let me have a switch on the client so I can see it as either 'good bad or indifferent' and others can see the entire database list for the kit, that would be a more attractive option for me than the continual number-crunching and spreadsheeting for items we have been sliding into since AoS. Now they have made this mess, unravelling or 'rebalancing' is is hopelessly complex, maybe just once they might realise that more complexity is not a good thing...... but it's probably too late for them to change their thinking now.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe wood needs a boost to compensate for the elf not having the Human's racial bonus? The same with stone for a gargoyle?
Elves already outclass Humans for combat, as do Gargoyles. Which is why Humans are rare compared to them.
Humans have +60 Stone Carry Weight, +2 HPR, +1 Logs/Ore and +10% Hides while harvesting, and a severely nerfed JoAT. The single biggest nerf to JoAT was when they made it no longer count towards the Special Move Mana Cost Reduction. That nerf killed Human Warriors. JoAT also took an indirect nerf when Chiv was changed to be made useful only at high skill levels.

Elves have +20 Mana (huge), +5% Energy Resist Cap, Night Sight, higher chance of harvesting special wood/ore (beats the crap out of the Human's gathering racial, besides for hides), they more easily passively detect hidden, and are harder to track. They can also wear Woodland Armor, which has some unique enhancing options.

Gargoyles have +5% HCI/HCI Cap (Cap getting removed), +15% Dam Inc/+3% SDI for every 20% health lost, innate 30.0 points of Mysticism/+2 MR, a higher imbuing/unraveling chance and Flight, which is basically a free Ethy that doesn't require Pet Control Slots. They can also wear Gargish Platemail, which is the highest base resist armor in the game.

As you can see, Humans are trumped in every aspect by the other two races. The only thing Humans can do better than them, is skin for Hides. The new addition to Toughness making Humans take less Stamina damage, is a step in the right direction for making Humans once again viable for combat compared to the other two races.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try this get a weapon with 100% hit fatigue, Stamina Leech then use Crushing Blow on a player.
Any pvp mage will be forced to run with at the VERY least 60 stamina if they don't one hit with a weapon like I described totally stams them out, so they hit a refresh pot get hit once more and they are basically frozen for 10 seconds.
Please leave it like it is tho lol =P

Hehe I actually hope this is the case, it would make dexers "feared" in pvp again... they are laughable now, because of how little damage they do unless they use Armor Ignores, and the fact they need to be close.

Stamina Leech doesn't actually "leech" stamina, it generates it for the person using the weapon. Same with Life & Mana leech as well.

Maces deal more stamina damage to targets than any other weapon type as well, so if you stack Hit Fatigue with a Macing weapon. it's even better :D

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You say this here

I just want to take a moment and thank you, Shakkara (even though she's hating on my Ambassador title :p) and everyone else who has provided such great feedback. I've read it over and over that we're just going to ignore what everyone has suggested and push it all to production post-haste. I want to reiterate that this is not the case. We are in fact listening and watching and will be making changes based on the feedback. Thanks again!
Then on the ask and answer you say this

UO Auctions

Question: Have the dev team considered adding further to the high seas content? it seems most gave up a life at sea when they realized the resources it takes to run a ship. but piracy/bounty hunting are fantastic parts of the game. do you think that perhaps a hand in system for titles might bring attention back? perhaps items gained from merchant/pirate vessels could be handed in at Serpents Hold/Buccaneers Den for the Pirate/ the Bounty Hunter Titles? (Treasure Seeker)

Kyronix: We have talked about different ways to enhance High Seas content and provide a greater reward for the requisite investment as well as having a look at balancing that investment. A portion of the upcoming armor revamp will involve acquiring components for customization that will be available through a variety of means including pirate and merchant ship cargo.
Which tells me you have every intention of pushing through these changes regardless of what we think. You have already designed the next part which we have not seen yet.

So, with so much work already been done I highly doubt you intend changing the armor or weapons to suit what we the paying customer is asking for and you fully intend on pushing ahead with the design you have come up with.

I fear you speek with a forked tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.