• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Combat Changes Update on TC1

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
alchemyvote.jpg

This is from your post about alchemy @virem . Its almost a 50/50 split and that's just the small amount of people that even read stratics. Just cause more aren't posting about it doenst mean it isn't a problem. I don't understand why all you so called "TOP" pvpers are being so narrow-minded about this. If you don't think its a problem then what difference would it make if it got nerfed? Seems to be your relying on it and want to keep that advantage.

Attachments

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Virem, the # of people complaining isn't the issue. That a) the skill's so widely used, b) it gives such a massive increase to the damage of supernovas, and c) it takes very little skill or timing to use a Supernova ARE THE PROBLEMS. There is literally nothing else in the entire game that can do what a Supernova can: You can't avoid it, it's guaranteed damage, etc. They're not even the most damaging potion in the game, but when was the last time someone died to an explosion potion? Oh wait, they very rarely do, because those take skill and timing to use.

Of course the people using them will think they're fine, because they can't play/kill people without them. Every pro-Nova argument that's been presented has been shut down, but you've ignored them. There is maybe one template where'd you HAVE to use them in a 1v1 situation - the healing/alchemy/parry mage. Even then it's not likely to do much, because of how defensive the template is.
You can avoid it and yes there is spell trigger that is like it only worse a lot more range and a chance to stun. You can't throw ex pots on the run anymore if you could people would still be throwing them. Yawn

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL @randy , cept trigger requires 240 skill points and a 5 minute cooldown once used. Would you waste that many skill points on your template for one spell or just 100 for the same result with a shorter cooldown? And you don't have to pre-cast novas to work again. Not even a comparison in my eyes

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
View attachment 58392

This is from your post about alchemy @virem . Its almost a 50/50 split and that's just the small amount of people that even read stratics. Just cause more aren't posting about it doenst mean it isn't a problem. I don't understand why all you so called "TOP" pvpers are being so narrow-minded about this. If you don't think its a problem then what difference would it make if it got nerfed? Seems to be your relying on it and want to keep that advantage.
With running shot getting nerfed how exactly do you kill someone who is just going to run away from a fight every time they get low? Super Nova gives players a chance to kill people who are scared to die in a video game. This game needs to get more offensive not less.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With running shot getting nerfed how exactly do you kill someone who is just going to run away from a fight every time they get low? Super Nova gives players a chance to kill people who are scared to die in a video game. This game needs to get more offensive not less.
If that's your best argument, Id suggest you go practice a lot more. I have no issues killing anyone without damage potions of any kind. The high DPS nonsense needs to be removed ad player skill put back into the game.

I also believe that focus spec is ruining pvp as well. Focus spec only helps mages and no other casting ability due others having a lack of spells to cast. Only way to get focus spec on necro, mystic is to run a dexxer skill with it and even then its no comparison to what magery and any other skill can do. It should be just 20 sdi across all casting abilities and no focus spec.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If that's your best argument, Id suggest you go practice a lot more. I have no issues killing anyone without damage potions of any kind. The high DPS nonsense needs to be removed ad player skill put back into the game.

I also believe that focus spec is ruining pvp as well. Focus spec only helps mages and no other casting ability due others having a lack of spells to cast. Only way to get focus spec on necro, mystic is to run a dexxer skill with it and even then its no comparison to what magery and any other skill can do. It should be just 20 sdi across all casting abilities and no focus spec.
Well for us that aren't as godly as the great Apple I pwn we need something to kill people who run away.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 240 skill point argument is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Mystic offers more than just spell trigger, obviously its going to cost more points.

Most of the people who invest in alchemy is because they have no other OPTIONS for skills as a pure more AND they do it JUST for supernova, so 100 skill points to increase their supernova damage from 14 to 27. Basically its 100 skill point for an extra MAGIC ARROW of damage.

But again hard to talk about anything that matters because of handful of sub par players believe a potion is overpowered.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And my poll wasn't about supernova, it was about nerfing pure mages by changing alchemy to restrictions list. We have already nerfed pure mages by not letting them have parry anymore. If we were to further reduce the effectiveness of alchemy it would remove a part of their offense, which is what we decided was OK for pure mages because they give up defense.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 240 skill point argument is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Mystic offers more than just spell trigger, obviously its going to cost more points.

Most of the people who invest in alchemy is because they have no other OPTIONS for skills as a pure more AND they do it JUST for supernova, so 100 skill points to increase their supernova damage from 14 to 27. Basically its 100 skill point for an extra MAGIC ARROW of damage.

But again hard to talk about anything that matters because of handful of sub par players believe a potion is overpowered.
Except that is a false argument. Alchemy does a hell of a lot more then just give people NOVAS. It increases heal pots by 10-12 points, it increases conflags 175%, plus both damage potions are susceptible curse and corpseskin as well. Trigger is physical damage.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can avoid it and yes there is spell trigger that is like it only worse a lot more range and a chance to stun. You can't throw ex pots on the run anymore if you could people would still be throwing them. Yawn
Explain how they are avoidable ? because we (or just I) have explained how it is not avoidable. one of us is wrong, and... we all know who it is. I'll re-quote myself.... Again.

you can know when a supernova is coming, but you can't avoid it. becasue if you did avoid it, it's not you that avoided it... it's the user that FAILED to use it.
Well for us that aren't as godly as the great Apple I pwn we need something to kill people who run away.
So, I don't like comments like this, but... why should someone need to put in 18% more effort in pvp because they have something else over alchemy? by the way 18% (of 150) = 27 which is the damage of supernovas with curse. essentially, a person with alchemy & novas only needs to take away a Maximum of 123* hp, and it should be game over for their opponent.

Trigger can be reacted too even after it has been casted on you... you can cast bombard on yourself & G-heal before the damage is done... simply not possible with novas.

I really want you to explain how a nova can miss besides the user sucking at timing it? (which I already said) but I'll let you tell me something, perhaps I don't know.

Last edited:

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND before you say its not about pure mages its about other templates with alchemy, almost ANY other template in the game is leaving off something important if they CHOOSE to pick alchemy. Pure mage is the only character that gets it easily.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Explain how they are avoidable ? because we (or just I) have explained how it is not avoidable. one of us is wrong, and... we all know who it is. I'll re-quote myself.... Again.

So, I don't like comments like this, but... why should someone need to put in 18% more effort in pvp because they have something else over alchemy? by the way 18% (of 150) = 27 which is the damage of supernovas with curse. essentially, a person with alchemy & novas only needs to take away a Maximum of 127 hp, and it should be game over for their opponent.

Trigger can be reacted too even after it has been casted on you... you can cast bombard on yourself & G-heal before the damage is done... simply not possible with novas.

I really want you to explain how a nova can miss besides the user sucking at timing it? (which I already said) but I'll let you tell me something, perhaps I don't know.
Nova misses quite a bit against guys running away when low now if it has a screen worth of area damage that would be one thing it doesn't. So now I can't use it again for two minutes because someone ran away. Which is ok it at least gives me an opportunity to finish someone leaving a fight.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AND before you say its not about pure mages its about other templates with alchemy, almost ANY other template in the game is leaving off something important if they CHOOSE to pick alchemy. Pure mage is the only character that gets it easily.
an Alchemy Mage, is not the only "pure" mage template that should be used. you're just saying things I've already said (which help mine/our arguement more than it helps yours) the only reasons to NOT have alchemy is:

1) you're giving something else that's more important up for it. (something essential to the template)
2) you just don't use potions.

Alchemy being used on a Dexer is still more useful than things like Poisoning or lumberjacking... It's slightly less useful on a dexer because most dexers that have room for alchemy, cannot lower your fire resist. to get 27 damage out of it... but it'll do 20 which is enough for a nova to be better than the lumberjack or poisoning bonuses.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nova misses quite a bit against guys running away when low now if it has a screen worth of area damage that would be one thing it doesn't. So now I can't use it again for two minutes because someone ran away. Which is ok it at least gives me an opportunity to finish someone leaving a fight.
Why would you use the nova if someone isn't close enough to get hit by it?

Edit: It's not exactly hard to be within 5 tiles of someone when nova doesn't freeze you in-place with a cast time or anything... lol

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Why would you use the nova if someone isn't close enough to get hit by it?

Edit: It's not exactly hard to be within 5 tiles of someone when nova doesn't freeze you in-place with a cast time or anything... lol
Just don't have your timing bro.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The number of people complaining is exactly the issue. You are in the minority of people who thinks supernova should be changed. The majority of people are happy the way it is.
I'm helping contribute to their ridiculousness. I'll stop even addressing it. I just can't understand how they (besides cove, because he is actually a good player IMO) can't grasp the mechanics.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like the removal of Saving Throw. Warrior's Gifts making the melee masteries really worth it to have. I had been using Bushido level 3 mastery on my Sampire for the +15 mana, but Warrior's gifts will definitely be the way to go after this update. I just hope it doesn't get changed in it's final version.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If it does get changed, I do hope that it gets 25 DI instead of 15 so I can just drop DI out of one of my dexxer jewels then.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the removal of Saving Throw. Warrior's Gifts making the melee masteries really worth it to have. I had been using Bushido level 3 mastery on my Sampire for the +15 mana, but Warrior's gifts will definitely be the way to go after this update. I just hope it doesn't get changed in it's final version.
It appears to be too late.... "Warrior's Gifts" seem to have already been removed from TC1 (It's not working for my character anymore, since the evening they came out...)

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To all the "Pro" Alchemy "Nothing is wrong with our damage" crowd...

What if the Novas and Conflags got a timer like explode pots? We aren't changing your damage? (which you feel is a-okay, while others disagree).

You dont need the instant spells. It takes more "skill". It also makes the alchemy bonus worth while. I mean..... I would not throw a conflags or nova for 5-10 damage if I didnt have alchemy....

Wait? Don't explode pots hurt more than Novas and Conflags? But they aren't instant? Ohhhh that's why they suck. So you DO NEED instant damage? Got ya.

Just food for thought.

Ps:

Chiv (Big 3: Remove Curse, Heal, and Cure with 4/6) still needs adjusted.

Archery (as a whole with speed/damage, not a bandaid on 1 special move) still needs adjusted.

Parry (in conjunction with wrestle) still needs adjusted.

Imbuing (In a sense of adding more weight & properties on armor and jewls) still needs adjusted.

Imbuing on all items should be allowed. If it isn't over the weight limit, absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be allowed (I'm talking mostly true artifacts and craftable artifacts).

Reforging (In a sense of being no where near Legendary artifacts) still needs adjusted.

Alchemy still needs adjusted.

If you need more assistance in how these should be fixed, view most of my previous posts from the last month.

Here's an example.

Discussing Balance

@Bleak if you bother to read any of these, a mention in the forum (Hey guys, I am reading, keep it up!!), a PM, an email, a .jpeg of you coloring, a smoke signal.... Etc

Would go a long way with the community. Just saying.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh- has anyone tested the necro change- is it that you can actually corpse down to 55 with any necro/ss or that it scales on skill up to 120, but modified skill? I really hope its the former.
Despite what the patch notes said... it always was based on Modified skill. (the patch notes were wrong, when it said it required "real skill").

It's the latter.... it still requires you to have 120.0/120.0 in necro/spiritspeak to reach the full potential of -15% (caps) to fire & poison resist.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It appears to be too late.... "Warrior's Gifts" seem to have already been removed from TC1 (It's not working for my character anymore, since the evening they came out...)
It's working for me on TC right now. I had to patch.

@Bleak if you bother to read any of these, a mention in the forum (Hey guys, I am reading, keep it up!!), a PM, an email, a .jpeg of you coloring, a smoke signal.... Etc

Would go a long way with the community. Just saying.
Do you not see him telling us he is on TC to discuss changes? This is the most involved ANY Dev has been with the PvP community. If anything, you should be thanking him.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same way I've always killed them: With spells, which is something I've done countless times. Never once needed a Supernova to do it. Or the Alchemy skill.

Honestly, if someone has to run that much 1v1, they aren't worth fighting. That you're asking for more offense indicates one thing: That you (and others) cannot pvp without extreme amounts of burst damage. At their maximum, the offensive capabilities of players are already ridiculous - why do you need to increase it? Maybe instead of increasing the amount of damage you can do, you should, oh, idk, get better at the game. Time your poison, mortal, etc so that it prevents/delays someone from healing. Play around bandage/potion timers, stop heals from going off, I could go on and on.

Do you not see him telling us he is on TC to discuss changes? This is the most involved ANY Dev has been with the PvP community. If anything, you should be thanking him.
Yeah, and when do people go on TC: They tell him things/don't do much testing because of lack of town buffs. Also, he's MIA for a few minutes at a time, responds when someone says his name in overworld/overhead chat, then tells us to email him before he leaves.

The other day, when I figured out that Warrior's Gift increased HP beyond the cap of 150, took time to explain it to him. Afterwards, there was a few minutes of standing around before anything new was said.

Last edited:

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The same way I've always killed them: With spells, which is something I've done countless times. Never once needed a Supernova to do it. Or the Alchemy skill.

Honestly, if someone has to run that much 1v1, they aren't worth fighting. That you're asking for more offense indicates one thing: That you (and others) cannot pvp without extreme amounts of burst damage. At their maximum, he offensive capabilities of players are already ridiculous - why do you need to increase it? Maybe instead of increasing the amount of damage you can do, you should, oh, idk, get better at the game. Time your poison, mortal, etc so that it prevents/delays someone from healing. Play around bandage/potion timers, stop heals from going off, I could go on and on.
Interesting theory you have here I don't want to get off topic here but I've seen you pvp you can't kill someone on screen let alone if they run away. Last I'll speak on the matter back to the changes talk.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's working for me on TC right now. I had to patch.
Interesting, I am always patched... and it doesn't appear to have an effect (it's a bug then, I did switch masteries and switched back at one point).

Either way, I still don't think it will make it to live shards, nor do I think it should.

There is evidence (besides those of us who already know what's wrong with it before needing to test...)

as an example.

That is not what the game needs. the game needs better balancing, not more imbalances..... if the game was better with imbalances, there wouldn't be as many people quitting over the last several years everytime something they didn't like in terms of balancing came out.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I thought these combat changes were meant to tone down archers and parry mages. But then you add Warrior's Gifts to archers now? They need to be nerfed, not buffed. Giving them a ridiculous boost with +15 hp which allows you to overcap? Cmon now...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting theory you have here I don't want to get off topic here but I've seen you pvp you can't kill someone on screen let alone if they run away. Last I'll speak on the matter back to the changes talk.
Just as I've seen your group, as well as all of the other guilds on Atl, pvp. Nice job ignoring the actual point of that post though.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just out of curiosity, were you on TC1 when Bleak was there?

Because if you weren't This is basically what it came down too.

Bleak: "Email us any feedback".
me: "what's the point of getting on test to provide feedback to you in person, if we still need to email it to you?"

("It didn't play out with every single tiny little syllable, but basically that's how it played out yeah")
I could understand if he wanted to see some of these changes being tested in action (yew gate = pvp hotspot), but the fact that there are no governors buffs on TC1 = half the people don't have fully functional suits. that didn't seem to be the problem though.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That is not what the game needs. the game needs better balancing, not more imbalances..... if the game was better with imbalances, there wouldn't be as many people quitting over the last several years everytime something they didn't like in terms of balancing came out.
That's your opinion, which is fine. But saying people will "quit" because of it is frankly not a good argument. Whenever ANYONE proposes any changes, people mention the "but people will quit!" argument. If someone's individual game is that weak, then they probably won't last very long in UO with or without the changes.

My opinion is that I hope they keep the change to the passive level 3 masteries for Melee skills. It will open up suit possibilities and I have my doubts it will create any major imbalance.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My opinion is that I hope they keep the change to the passive level 3 masteries for Melee skills. It will open up suit possibilities and I have my doubts it will create any major imbalance.
Warrior's Gift, as it was, WAS imbalanced, and also buggy.

The char I tested it with was 45 DCI, 130 Str/140 HP before any other modifiers. With a Str pot I go right up to the maximum for both Str/HP. The +15 HP Passive put me at 155 pre-modifiers, and I went up to 165 with them. I could likely have attained higher HP if I wanted, with specific animal forms (admittedly, I'm not sure if they work independently of the cap like Warrior's Gift did, since I've never used the skill.)

Buggy: when I changed my mastery, it took my DCI down to 40. I checked all of the pieces in my suit (Slither, Anon's Boots, DCI on Ring, and 15 DCI Shield) to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I was on a 0 HCI Wrestle/Parry Mage, or it would have reduced that as well. It was fixed by logging out, but you shouldn't have to do that.

That said, I wouldn't mind the same passive, but reworked to have HCI/DCI/DI.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's your opinion, which is fine. But saying people will "quit" because of it is frankly not a good argument. Whenever ANYONE proposes any changes, people mention the "but people will quit!" argument. If someone's individual game is that weak, then they probably won't last very long in UO with or without the changes.

It's not a question of an individuals game being "weak" or not. if there's only one way to play the game, what is holding peoples interest?
and um... the "opinion" of it not being balanced, is Fact.

Is it not a problem, the only reasonably populated shard is Atlantic? Is it not a problem, people quitting real UO for free shards, are mostly quitting because of "balancing" that causes more problems instead of fixing problems?

It's not rocket science.... it's UO... *Sigh* +5 HCI (up to cap) +5 DCI (up to cap) + 15 HPI (over-cap)...is greater than +15 mana from bushido mastery.
what exactly would be the point of someone with a weapon skill, Tactics, & Bushido, to choose +15 mana over just the +15 HP? not balanced enough to consider choosing anything over HPI.

I didn't say people would quit just because of that. some people have been quitting for things LIKE THAT for many, many years now. - but hey, maybe we can keep pretending that the game is getting better and better?

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like that idea. It would give players an incentive to play as melee in pvp. Currently pure melee is useless in pvp. Also think the passive bonus should be scaled to your real Weapon Skill and Tactics. That way it is more likely to benefit a pure melee than a mage just slapping on a weapon skill for the bonuses.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's not a question of an individuals game being "weak" or not. if there's only one way to play the game, what is holding peoples interest?
and um... the "opinion" of it not being balanced, is Fact.

Is it not a problem, the only reasonably populated shard is Atlantic? Is it not a problem, people quitting real UO for free shards, are mostly quitting because of "balancing" that causes more problems instead of fixing problems?
Anyone so over-confident to believe their opinion is "fact" often disqualifies even their own well-thought out points with their brashness.

I have my doubts the sole reason people leave game are "balancing problems". Again, this is the problem with that argument... people claim EVERYTHING they don't like is a reason why we have people leaving game. Change IDOCing? "People will quit." Change EM event items? "People will quit." Change the new masteries that have only been in game for a year? "People will quit". But this is off-topic from the thread.. so feel free to create a new one to discuss if you'd like.

That said, I wouldn't mind the same passive, but reworked to have HCI/DCI/DI.
That's fair, but personally I prefer the possibility of over-capped HPI to the DI. I don't mind HP being overcapped, but I wouldn't want DI overcapped. I hope the developers consider just fixing the buggy aspect of how it works on TC1 and give more time for testing.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone so over-confident to believe their opinion is "fact" often disqualifies even their own well-thought out points with their brashness.
I'm not over-confident though.

15 HP > 15 mana ? HP is always treated more importantly than mana... doesn't matter what character you are, template, pet, etc. if HP runs out, mana is useless. That's what makes it fact.

I'll wait as long as you like for you, or anyone else that could prove it wrong.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Just out of curiosity, were you on TC1 when Bleak was there?

Because if you weren't This is basically what it came down too.

Bleak: "Email us any feedback".
me: "what's the point of getting on test to provide feedback to you in person, if we still need to email it to you?"

("It didn't play out with every single tiny little syllable, but basically that's how it played out yeah")
I could understand if he wanted to see some of these changes being tested in action (yew gate = pvp hotspot), but the fact that there are no governors buffs on TC1 = half the people don't have fully functional suits. that didn't seem to be the problem though.
I was there and both he and mesanna have been very responsive to me via email. They are stretched thin so it makes sense. Honestly they should put us all in a private stratics thread or on their BS forums. That would make all of this easier

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have my doubts sole the reason people leave game are "balancing problems". Again, this is the problem with that argument... people claim EVERYTHING they don't like is a reason why we have people leaving game. Change IDOCing? "People will quit." Change EM event items? "People will quit." Change the new masteries that have only been in game for a year? "People will quit". But this is off-topic from the thread.. so feel free to create a new one to discuss if you'd like.

That's fair, but personally I prefer the possibility of over-capped HPI to the DI. I don't mind HP being overcapped, but I wouldn't want DI overcapped. I hope the developers consider just fixing the buggy aspect of how it works on TC1 and give more time for testing.
ehh. It has its uses for pvm, I suppose - would give you more HP for hard-hitting stuff like Rikktor. But pvp, when guys can already be ridiculously hard to kill? Imagine trying to fight a 165 HP 4/6 Chiv character, Stone Form/Protection Mystic, etc. They're already hard to kill 1v1, and +15 more HP independent of the cap would make them even more so.

I was there and both he and mesanna have been very responsive to me via email. They are stretched thin so it makes sense. Honestly they should put us all in a private stratics thread or on their BS forums. That would make all of this easier
When was Mesanna there? Unless she was hidden, the only member of the Dev Team I've seen on there recently has been Bleak. I haven't been over there for very long though, which could also be a reason why.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not over-confident though.

15 HP > 15 mana ? HP is always treated more importantly than mana... doesn't matter what character you are, template, pet, etc. if HP runs out, mana is useless. That's what makes it fact.

I'll wait as long as you like for you, or anyone else that could prove it wrong.
I never disagreed that 15 HP > 15 mana for a dexxer/melee fighter - that is why I like the new proposed change (albeit it is currently bugged on TC1).

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
When was Mesanna there? Unless she was hidden, the only member of the Dev Team I've seen on there recently has been Bleak. I haven't been over there for very long though, which could also be a reason why.
Honestly, I am really struggling to keep this civil with you. How does this say that Mesanna was at TC, "I was there and both he and mesanna have been very responsive to me via email." I mean honestly WTF do you not get?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
ehh. It has its uses for pvm, I suppose - would give you more HP for hard-hitting stuff like Rikktor. But pvp, when guys can already be ridiculously hard to kill? Imagine trying to fight a 165 HP 4/6 Chiv character, Stone Form/Protection Mystic, etc. They're already hard to kill 1v1, and +15 more HP independent of the cap would make them even more so.
Yes, I would love it for my sampire. But I can see your point regarding the PVP example (although I've never encountered a "165 HP 4/6 Chiv character, Stone Form/Protection Mystic").

If they were to replace the HPI or make it so it doesn't go over cap... I'd rather see it replaced with 10 Strength and leave the cap as is. There are not enough good boosters to Strength in the game, in my opinion. I think that could potentially be a fair change that keeps both sides happy.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never disagreed that 15 HP > 15 mana for a dexxer/melee fighter - that is why I like the new proposed change (albeit it is currently bugged on TC1).
Mk, well I don't like it because it's imbalanced. You like it because it's useful. That is a difference in opinion.

(it is imbalanced though) when someone (anyone) can say without even bothering to test it "Oh, HPI +15?, That's the way to go over 15 mana from bushido"...

Shouldn't there be a reason to use the bushido mastery? because there wouldn't be a reason to use it if HP went overcap with this new proposed mastery. even without the HCI DCI bonuses from warriors gift.

The more that changes with this game, whether it affects PvP or Pvm, it always seems to take away choices... soon you won't even be able to call UO a sand-box MMO anymore.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I am really struggling to keep this civil with you. How does this say that Mesanna was at TC, "I was there and both he and mesanna have been very responsive to me via email." I mean honestly WTF do you not get?
What part did YOU not get? All I did was ask when she was there, simply because I hadn't seen her in the limited amount of time I've spent on TC in the past week.

Not sure how you can go from someone asking when one of the devs was there, to a response like that.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Id like to also suggest we either add a stamina hard cap at 200 or remove lmc bonuses to 40 cap again. I would recommend a 200 mana cap as well and get rid of focus spec. This would bring back a lot more balance across board in both pvp and pvm. I would be ok with the combat bonus only working in pvm and not pvp as well. Just more ideas that would improve this game overall.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What part did YOU not get? All I did was ask when she was there, simply because I hadn't seen her in the limited amount of time I've spent on TC in the past week.

Not sure how you can go from someone asking when one of the devs was there, to a response like that.
K, after cooling down a bit, I realized I misread that last post, @Old Vet Back Again. Meh. Still no reason to act like that.