• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Combat Changes Update on TC1

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did most of the proposed pvp changes affect pvm? They didn't, outside of the devs adding that stupid SSI change. The only pvm-related change (which also affects pvp) was the hailstorm one, and that was a BUFF. Tactics? Nobody in a pvm setting is going to drop the skill, for 2 reasons: 1) it lowers your overall damage, and 2) lowering your damage affects how much stamina/mana/life you leech.

But hey, please continue to parrot the "this will affect pvm" argument, when we all know (most of) the changes won't.
:facepalm:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 4 old skool melee chars (Swords, Fence, Mace and Archer) that I upgraded with 120 PS and added Chiv. The majority of my suits are from imbuing and a few pieces from loot with arties added when I can afford them and I think you will find that this is the standard suit that most people play with, not everybody has 50P to buy suits with We do have MAXED OUT **** and when people start proposing all the much lower caps it hurts. I will agree that the proposal that was before this was better but this one REALLY SUCKS and hurts the little guy hard.
And that makes it ok for you to nerd rage at me when I offer a solution to OUR problem while not effecting YOU? :rolleyes:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got a more detailed response? Go back through ALL of the threads/patch notes, and get back to me on how many of them (other than the SSI one, which was universally hated) affected pvm in a negative way.
When that is all you are worth than yes.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 4 old skool melee chars (Swords, Fence, Mace and Archer) that I upgraded with 120 PS and added Chiv. The majority of my suits are from imbuing and a few pieces from loot with arties added when I can afford them and I think you will find that this is the standard suit that most people play with, not everybody has 50P to buy suits with We do have MAXED OUT **** and when people start proposing all the much lower caps it hurts. I will agree that the proposal that was before this was better but this one REALLY SUCKS and hurts the little guy hard.
My sampire suit is completely imbued...costs about 3-5m..I can solo everything in the game. I don't know what's on your suits, but I suggest re tooling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My sampire suit is completely imbued...costs about 3-5m..I can solo everything in the game. I don't know what's on your suits, but I suggest re tooling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Care to post some pics.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I proposed the lower caps because I think they make sense. However, I did expect blowback, and I know it is a change that would affect a lot of players. Everyone wants things fixed, until it affects their favourite templates or playstyle. And when you ask for feedback, you are going to get a lot of interference and snow. A lot of people are going to ride their favourite hobby horse, and/or propose changes that really have nothing to do with the major balance issues affecting the game. I have my own hobby horses and pet peeves, the dominance of sampires in pvm is one of them, but these changes are supposed to be focused primarily on pvp balance issues. I understand that.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You know, for PVM, there are other ways to get stuff fixed rather than calling for nerfs, like by buffing the other classes to the same level of the sampire, so more people could have fun with different templates.
A 10% spell life leech and spell mana leech on a spellbook would go a long, long way to make mages way closer to sampires in PvM, and it wouldn't affect PvP much or any (leeching 5 HP and 5 mana with a spell wouldn't turn the tides of a battle very easily). It could even be made so that it only affects monsters as well.
Makes monsters easier to balance as well, since now most DPS classes have a similar survivability and damage output capability in PvM.