• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The New Legends PvP Thread

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
check other places where pvp talk is allowed.

Define pvp talk for me IRS.. trash talking characters I believe is pvp talk. Saying how bad your character is in pvp is allowed. Calling a character names and telling them they are horrid at pvp is allowed. So aside from that what can you not talk about that hurts so much that you all can't post?

It is when we take real life issues into the game, that it becomes inappropriate. I believe it is a person's inability to seperate the real from the fantasy that scares them into silence.

That said I just had 1 BNAF, 1 Kovf, and another chase me all over yew and I got away! So if I am such a bad player what does that make them, if three couldn't kill me? Granted I'm not a very good pvper, never claimed to be but at least I try. If I hide in a house when I'm out numbered... sue me!!

You all seriously think I care what you think? It is my game and I play it as I see fit to benefit me and my enjoyment. I am not here to supply entertainment for others. If this game was solely based on pvp...would there be a Trammel? Would there be Styngin Abyss? It is a game with many different aspects.

Perhaps you all should try all of the game instead of just part of it. I know alot of you guys do. So why get so upset when people don't play the way you want them to? If you pay for my game I promise to play the way you want me too. :)

I believe alot more people would join the pvp world if it wasn't for the overwhelming gank situations that now is called pvp. No one can learn to pvp if all you do is walk outside and die instantly. Why would anyone even try?

It is here on this board I believe that people should talk about tactics and strategies. Creative criticism if you will, where one can learn and discover what they are doing wrong. That ofcourse is my opinion.

Most people say "You are bad" "You should just quit" I have yet to hear any one say. "Why don't you do this or that to make it better" But then why help anyone learn to pvp right? The competition might be to great if you did...

Have a Great Day!

I

IRS

Myst please dont address me here please. When you post its pvp , when I respond to your post its "trolling", yes even by responding to you, its "trolling".

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok time for me to break down your post Myst.

Define pvp talk for me IRS.. trash talking characters I believe is pvp talk. Saying how bad your character is in pvp is allowed. Calling a character names and telling them they are horrid at pvp is allowed. So aside from that what can you not talk about that hurts so much that you all can't post?

It is when we take real life issues into the game, that it becomes inappropriate. I believe it is a person's inability to seperate the real from the fantasy that scares them into silence.
In IRS's post you quoted, not once did he mention anything IRL related. In fact it wasn't even directed at you. Stop being a TROLL, and drop the subject. It's that simple.

That said I just had 1 BNAF, 1 Kovf, and another chase me all over yew and I got away! So if I am such a bad player what does that make them, if three couldn't kill me? Granted I'm not a very good pvper, never claimed to be but at least I try. If I hide in a house when I'm out numbered... sue me!!
Running away means nothing, other than you ran. I'm guessing you were on an archer temp with 4 seconds aid heals+ pots. If you died while running away then you truly are a pathetic pvper. I used to fight people on my dexxer temps 1 vs 5, and manage to get kills. If you're just straight running....you should NEVER die. As for house hiding, IMO it's just someone admitting defeat. Notice no one has EVER seen me house hide. Defeat isn't an option.

You all seriously think I care what you think? It is my game and I play it as I see fit to benefit me and my enjoyment. I am not here to supply entertainment for others. If this game was solely based on pvp...would there be a Trammel? Would there be Styngin Abyss? It is a game with many different aspects.
If you didn't care, then you wouldn't have even brought it up. No one in !OF! thinks this game is only pvp based. In Fact we've had some very interesting tram hunts in the past. Not only that, but a lot of our members originated from trammel years ago. Our problem isn't with peoples play style. Our problem is with you following our chars in trammel spamming foul language soon after you died to us in Fel. It's a game myst, play it to have fun. Once again, stop being a TROLL.

I believe alot more people would join the pvp world if it wasn't for the overwhelming gank situations that now is called pvp. No one can learn to pvp if all you do is walk outside and die instantly. Why would anyone even try?
When we first came back to the game we had 4 people. Those 4 people would fight ^X^/BNA 4 vs 20. Never did we complain about ganks, and never did we instantly die.

The problem isn't ganks, it's peoples thinking. When you walk out of the gate and you see 3 OJ's vs you, why try? That's really the way a lot of you think. When I walk out of the gate and I see 3 OJ's I think along the lines of, how many of them can I kill. It's a game, why would someone ever be afraid to fight the odds?

It is here on this board I believe that people should talk about tactics and strategies. Creative criticism if you will, where one can learn and discover what they are doing wrong. That ofcourse is my opinion.

Most people say "You are bad" "You should just quit" I have yet to hear any one say. "Why don't you do this or that to make it better" But then why help anyone learn to pvp right? The competition might be to great if you did...
I don't know how many times I've killed someone and given advice. Or received pms/icqs from someone asking for help on temps, or pvp gear. I know a lot of people in my guild whom have helped others better themselves in pvp. The problem isn't people not offering/giving advice, it's that people forget. Someone will die and then lose their temper. Next thing ya know that person forgets all the help they received in the past, and then starts **** talking. I know a lot of us !OF! members helped ^X^ with pvp advice in years past.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RL you need to stop listening to heresay and go only by what you see yourself. If anyone follows anyone in tram saying stuff it'snot me. Ask DJ how many times he said Sl*t to me in tram for no other reason then me walking too close to him by the stables and such.

Also Inever said anything about DJsaying anything IRL related in this post I was making a general statement. If you don't see it perhaps you should reread the post.

As for fighting more then one at a time sorry I'm not the elite pvper you claim to be so I'll run while they chase me with running shots and on the run mage and myst spells wish I knew how they do that.

As I said alot of pvpers also do the tram thing I didn't mention any names but yes thats the only thing i like about OF they actually do Tram things as well as pvp... Congrats. Just so you know I am not saying anything bad about OF never really have. But since you brought it up it is funny they will work with LD just to kill X that in itself is kind of lame wouldn't you think.

As far as help, no one has ever stopped me or told me what I am doing wrong. I know I am doing something wrong I just have no clue what it is. So no O never really helped me. I am not all of X I am myself. You can hate all you want if it makes you feel better but I won't hate you, I might hate the fact I can't compete in the game with you guys but I have never said I hated anyone irl.

In anycase all my statements were for the general public. You are the one that seems to think they are solely directed at OF. You are wrong.
Have a nice day.

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for fighting more then one at a time sorry I'm not the elite pvper you claim to be so I'll run while they chase me with running shots and on the run mage and myst spells wish I knew how they do that.
This is why ur a noob

Plz do us a favor and never speak about pvp related things again. Just because u die in fel does not make u a pvper.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why ur a noob

Plz do us a favor and never speak about pvp related things again. Just because u die in fel does not make u a pvper.
I do apologize bobmac. I still have no clue who your character is in game. Please identify yourself so that I may observe the elite in action. As for your request that I not post, well until I see UO Moderator next to your name I will decline, If my posts bother you so much please feel free to ignore them :)
Have a nice day!

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next time try to comprehend what im saying to you. I never said not to post, just stop posting things you have no clue about (i.e. pvp). But for who I am just ask around and you will get your answer. (or just look for someone who constantly fights outnumbered and kills people)

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I asked around. Guess you are not as famous as you believed you were Sir. I am still clueless.

Enjoy your weekend!:gun:

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still clueless.

Enjoy your weekend!:gun:
This is evident. PvP stands for Players vs Players....its Not P v IRCISAAP.

Players v I Run Cause I suck as a PeeVeePeeR
Until you tell me who you are in game I will assume you know nothing. So much for respecting old school players.. Perhaps you been hanging around with riff raff too long. But just an FYI alot of so called good pvpers are legendary runners.

I understand you no longer play Omni so why not come back and show us what pvp is all about instead of talking on this board about something that has probably changed more then you think?

Good Day!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not true ! There is pvp at least 20 mins everyday somewhere between 6 pm and 2 am :)
You see. IRS didnt say there wasnt any pvp...he just said it sucks. Then you post this as if he said there wasnt any.

If you think 20mins of pvp in an 8 hour span is good pvp, then you really are hopeless.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, Omni with the changes to Bards, are you returning to PvP with your broken lute?

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You see. IRS didnt say there wasnt any pvp...he just said it sucks. Then you post this as if he said there wasnt any.

If you think 20mins of pvp in an 8 hour span is good pvp, then you really are hopeless.

Ok Omni, You are begining to get under my skin. I am still waiting to know who you are in the game. BTW I was being sarcastic but in any case hope you do come back and maybe then we shall see what pvp is since evidently you know so much about it.

Come show us instead of looking down at people from your high elite pvp viewpoint commenting on every word. I am NOT a good pvper and I would love to see what one looks like. Hope you haven't been gone too long things might have changed a bit.

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes omni plz inform us who u are in the game which you stated numerous times you dont play.................

And please ask in game by typing who anyone is cause we all know everyone has you muted in vent so theres no help there.........

not your friend,
bobmac, newb, newbs bro, new o recruit, etc...

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes omni plz inform us who u are in the game which you stated numerous times you dont play.................

And please ask in game by typing who anyone is cause we all know everyone has you muted in vent so theres no help there.........

not your friend,
LoL Silly Bob. I though you loved meh!

I may make a return actually. Been kicking the idea around to see whats happens.

But just so you know Myst... I played Omnicron, O M N I C R O N, Point and Click, and Scar Tissue, with some Kimbo Slice thrown in there. Unlike most the newbs on this forum I wasnt afraid to use my UO name as my stratics name.

Sorry I get under your skin lol...but be very very very thing skinned lol.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But just so you know Myst... I played Omnicron, O M N I C R O N, Point and Click, and Scar Tissue, with some Kimbo Slice thrown in there. Unlike most the newbs on this forum I wasnt afraid to use my UO name as my stratics name.

Sorry I get under your skin lol...but be very very very thing skinned lol.
Ok who told you I am called Myst !! I'm sueing...lol

Thank you, however, I have never heard of you myself. I originally came from LS myself. Looking forward to your return. Btw you really don't get under my skin but at least I got names out of ya :) I win! hehe

I do vaguely remember hearing a couple of these names from when we first came to Legends almost 3 yrs ago. Hurry Back !!

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonders if static has screenies of one of our 6 man raids to LS were we destoyed the zergs there.......

omni talk to rls since im mia atm....

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bobmac I have asked around as to whom you may be no one seems to know so until you let me know I will asume you are nobody special.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow Demon....jesus dude. Come on, three or four posts up he told you his char names....reading. It can be fun....but just so you dont have to look...I took the liberty to post them for you...

Direct from Bobs post...

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Touché !! Ok guys you win. I musta been a bit under the weather. Missed it Sue me! Now I understand your anamosity Recruit,,*shrugs* Enjoy

Cash

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonders if static has screenies of one of our 6 man raids to LS were we destoyed the zergs there.......

omni talk to rls since im mia atm....
IM NOT SURE, I'LL HAVE TO LOOK... BUT I DO HAVE THIS ONE

PWNT, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cash

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u mean GL?

remember this? we went to their house/island and destroyed them repeatedly until they sent like 8 guys out for each one of us?

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nah it was ls too, remember the fight where there was like 2 guilds of 10+ in depise that we took their spawn in the first day so they all allied against us. I dont think all of were even xsharded over at that point. It was in betwen one of our trips to gl.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nah it was ls too, remember the fight where there was like 2 guilds of 10+ in depise that we took their spawn in the first day so they all allied against us. I dont think all of were even xsharded over at that point. It was in betwen one of our trips to gl.
Are you talking about OATH/OMEN? If so they did field a TON of people. OMEN was also the guild full of necros. They would try and grinder any fight with 10-15+ necro mages.

Hehe, the guild I was with at the time rolled OATH/OMEN easy.

A HUGE lol at cash's pic where he's dead. How did you guys manage to die to BC. What makes it worse is that it looks to be about even numbers!!! Next time I log in vent I'll have to make fun of Bob and fenix.

Omnicron I sent a PM babe!

hazrad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look at all the old timers still poking around here... 8)

Do any of you actually still play UO?

I :heart: u RL's :p

Drawn is the **** yo.

Hey, AE4Life, Reno is my pancake.

W

weezer

Holy crap he brought out the AE card!!! :gee:

I am definatly not saying that AE was good at PVP, but when they were around was some of the best times for me on legends. I mean AE, LD, AK, UOCD, IHU?, BOSS, ZOO etc (i know i am missing some) were all around fighting at the same time. The invasions from SX/VIP (whatever gooses group was at the time) was so much fun. There was always a fight and always something to do in those days. I am not saying it was the best PVP, but the number of people and activity in FEL at that time made it so much fun. I remember fighting for four straight hours at harrowers (winning and losing some). Great times! Fights end way to quickly now. I rarely run into a fight that takes longer than 30 minutes anymore.

Whoever pulled the AE card, thanks for bringing back those memories. Final thought, I wonder how many bagballs reno bought in his time on UO?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am definatly not saying that AE was good at PVP, but when they were around was some of the best times for me on legends. I mean AE, LD, AK, UOCD, IHU?, BOSS, ZOO etc (i know i am missing some) were all around fighting at the same time. The invasions from SX/VIP (whatever gooses group was at the time) was so much fun. There was always a fight and always something to do in those days. I am not saying it was the best PVP, but the number of people and activity in FEL at that time made it so much fun. I remember fighting for four straight hours at harrowers (winning and losing some). Great times! Fights end way to quickly now. I rarely run into a fight that takes longer than 30 minutes anymore.

Whoever pulled the AE card, thanks for bringing back those memories. Final thought, I wonder how many bagballs reno bought in his time on UO?

Those days were the good days for sure!

A*K/LD/AE/-H-/BOSS/PVP/SWAT/SX-VIP/PoWn/C|D-UOCD/BTH/CREW/$R$, and so so so many more guilds of 3-10 players that would pop up every now and then.

I used to talk so much trash to AE, but i kinda miss them now. They did provide a lot of action.

:heart: Haz.....AND Shiloh!

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged online today. There was no one to fight on three shards. I didn't scout the other three shard I Have chars on. It's depressing when the games so dead you struggle to find targets.

Yes, I scouted kinda early for pvp, but still. In past years you were always able to find people to fight, no matter the time of day.

V

Vyal

I have to beg all of trammel to come fight me - shard v me :gun::gun::gun:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's summer. Not everyone spends all of their free time during the nicest time to be outdoors playing uo.

S

Shiloh

Those days were the good days for sure!

A*K/LD/AE/-H-/BOSS/PVP/SWAT/SX-VIP/PoWn/C|D-UOCD/BTH/CREW/$R$, and so so so many more guilds of 3-10 players that would pop up every now and then.

I used to talk so much trash to AE, but i kinda miss them now. They did provide a lot of action.

:heart: Haz.....AND Shiloh!
We did have some awesome fights then. Lots of people and action non stop.. if it was like that again I would probably open an acct back up

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel ya Shiloh.

on a side note. Victory is ours!

I hope they didn't really quit over dying in a video game. That would just be sad.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Daddy came home from work and took out the garbage.
Accusations galore, name calling, insinuations that were totally off base.
No fouls called for the time, just keep it reasonable.