• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Red pickaxe/shovel *Spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we've fallen victim to some diabolical scheme - You think?
- - and the perpretators are having a good laugh...

*** Goodnight .. Maybe tomorrow ...or the next day .. :fight: Keep up the good fight.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you want Jade i can lock mine down at my tram castle on sonoma, i think you have the keep right behind my castle dont ya?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh nope, you moved it looks like.

heres a pick if ya wanna come have a look at the map.

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am getting similar results on my shard, I have logged around 15hrs so far and nothing, currently multyboxing both facets and still nothing.

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is awaiting moderator approval, apparently despite being completely legal, you cannot say the words multyboxing or multiboxing.....

silly isn't it

Tzadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It is awaiting moderator approval, apparently despite being completely legal, you cannot say the words multyboxing or multiboxing.....

silly isn't it
But I have 4 computers right here each running a separate client? What about that is not legal? Do I need to cut myself into 4 equal parts?

Last edited:

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not see the problem with it, especially since it is mentioned earlier in the tread by another user. This is after all, however, their forum so they can choose to sensor as they see fit, it is a little 1984 in my opinion, if I am allowed one of those.

Back on topic, just shy of 8hrs across 2 facets and and nothing. Estimated 1900 miners killed today alon and not one golden item.

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think my shard is broken. :( Or I am...
All day yesterday from around 8am to 4pm with another couple hours in the evening. 5 hours so far today. And nothing.
Plus the hours and hours before yesterday.

Can we please get a confirmation that it is all shards? I did switch character for today hoping that might help. Maybe I will switch accounts...

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Well and no reply yet from Phoenix but i guess they are bussy - i will just wait and see - as long i dont get any offical statement on it, i wont go on kill the poor bastards ;)

Tzadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As long as it is attended it is legal correct? I also do not use those (insert unmentionable program here). It is pure old school carnage. *Clang clang clang* *zzz* *clang clang clang* Well regarding censors....yea. We can't have you mentioning that word unless you qualify it, therefore I must conclude...you must stop breathing.

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but if i stop breathing i will be unattended and that IS illegal

Tzadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
How can you macro if you are physically present, yet mentally gone....I guess in theory you can be spiritually banned?

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you macro if you are physically present, yet mentally gone....I guess in theory you can be spiritually banned?
To be spiritually banned, would the ban hammer have to be metaphorical or metaphysical?

Tzadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
To answer this, I would first have to conjure the image of James Brown for clarification. Is talking about metaphorical AND metaphysical banning legal? Certainly the Godfather of Soul will have the answers.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, clarification. 1. I hadn't seen it mentioned earlier and 2. there is a version of'multiboxing' that is very much NOT allowed.
Dual clienting, in which you control one character at a time, is perfectly legal.

Tzadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ok, clarification. 1. I hadn't seen it mentioned earlier and 2. there is a version of'multiboxing' that is very much NOT allowed.
Dual clienting, in which you control one character at a time, is perfectly legal.
Awesome! James Brown prevails!

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you want Jade i can lock mine down at my tram castle on sonoma, i think you have the keep right behind my castle dont ya?
Long story - I keep the keep for a friend, a 15 year veteran of UO.

Thanks Poo! I found your Castle.
Definitely an authentic Sonoma golden pickaxe 1337 !! :)
- - - - - - - -

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure I can't see why not.
Hopefully this screenshot will help you find my place.. it's basically right on the bay west of Covetious..

Yup.... Got on one of my very old chars (actually the only char on Catskills) and rode to Ludes... Here it is in the CC.... ;)

House of Ludes.... I bet the actual address is 714 ain't it Ludes?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*drools a little*

* drools a little more*

*still is totally lost*

*picks nose*

*smiles and assumes people are talking another language*

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*- - smiles and assumes people are talking another language*
To relieve the pain, I play Solitaire in a small window on top of the UO screen while waiting for headless miners to spawn. I can see any activity happening in UO. Thus, I am not mentally in the game all the time, even though my character is there physically? (<<<something like that :confused:)

No matter what, I hope everyone who wants one, gets themselves an elite pickaxe and shovel.
This is UO and this is a serious matter that everyone must come together to OVERCOME!
We shall not go into the night without a fight .. :gun: oops -- love that movie.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas 1914-1953 (Ya, only 39)

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally after 3 days I got a gold pick axe on Atl... And it can be yours for only 100 million dollars LoL!

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Dylan Thomas 1914-1953 (Ya, only 39)
I just found a recording of him reading that poem. The MOVIE Independence day uses: We shall not go quietly into the night without a fight. I thought I recognized it but didn't know where it came from. Thanks.

- - no luck yet. Lucky Cervwin Vega! Even as I write this, I am down with the headless miners inside a dungeon instead of being outside enjoying what few days may be left of summer. Seems neither wind nor sleet nor hail will stop us - - .. *where from doth that originate? The POSTMAN?" Shuts down computer .. *wave*

Last edited:

Eliane_ATL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi everybody,

I'm Eliane, located on Sakura Shard and started farming for the pickaxe.

I have a questions:

People who found this pickaxe killed Headless Miner in Tram Covetous OR Fel Covetous?

Does the facet make a difference?

Thank you very much!:)

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ELIANE-ATL: I think someone said something about that in this thread somewhere that it made no difference.

- - my place.. it's basically right on the bay west of Covetious..
Thanks Ludes - I discovered I have an old newbie character on Catskills with a red ticket that only she can use. Wonder what year she was created. Wish our character had birthdates. She walked from Britain Moongate to your house. Nice to see for myself that these shovels indeed do exist!

Logged her off there.

- - still slugging away - Nothing yet. *groan*

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hi everybody,

I'm Eliane, located on Sakura Shard and started farming for the pickaxe.

I have a questions:

People who found this pickaxe killed Headless Miner in Tram Covetous OR Fel Covetous?

Does the facet make a difference?

Thank you very much!:)
i got mine on fel side.

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Whew, I was scared to see what you wrote Poo. I was afraid you might say you got another one. I'm not sure what I would have done after the initial scream. Madness is definitely setting in....

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Another day....another empty bag. If I don't find one of these quick my rl family is going to take my head :(
Must take a break. Been at this everyday for what...almost a week? Still nothing. RNG hates me...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There is no shovel...o_O

lol I actually spent 3 hours in fel covetous and got nothing...well..not NOTHING...gems....but no leet shovels *sighs* I just want ONE!

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ealine asked:
Hi everybody,
Tram Covetous OR Fel Covetous? Does the facet make a difference? Thank you very much!:)
I too would like to know! So would many others it appears.
Whew, - - Madness is definitely setting in....
MADNESS <<exactly!. Poor Lady Bleez!!
- - If I leave someone else is going to swoop in and win on my miner!
*slaps face* get it together woman, your losing it again - -One more miner...it will be on it..
Never mind SOMEONE swooping in on your miners!
Watch out for those sneaky deceptive Horde Minions disquised as Vampire monbats! Have you ever watched how they really operate? TRICKY! I got to study them in full force today. The dungeon was full of timing-out Headless Miners. So I killed them before looting them. Then when I started to loot the corpses, 7 mongbats came marching in to loot gems and corpses, all in various stages of life-lines. The ones almost dead, picked up loot and ran back the way they came and vanished before I could get to them.

Whoever dreamed up their mode of operation deserves a TROPHY in recognition of being UO's MOST DEVIOUS PROGRAMMER!

Ok ..Look at how those cute little beasts race in, grab jewelry on the ground and items from the Headless Corpses.
Check their life lines. The ones that are almost dead, will grab and run away, especially when they have something good. They run back the way they came and vanish quickly because their life line times-out. As a result you haven't a clue what items besides jewels are going with them.
Suppose they looted a shovel 1337 off a headless corpse! EEK. You better chase after that almost dead Vampire Mongbat before it gets out of sight and vanishes.

The Mongbats with the half life, are major distractions, are more dangerous to kill but are slowly timing out too and don't need to be killed immediately until they too start running out of time and start leaving the area fast with something really good.. so kill them before they break away and vanish from sight with a 1337 !!

While the horde minion vampire Mongbats are distracting you, remember the spawned Headless Miners are also on a timer and are timing-out and before can you finish dealing with the mongbats, a headless miner with the 1337 shovel or Pickaxe could vanish before you can get close enough to kill and loot it.

VICIOUS CYCLE. ROFL

I won't encourage those sneaky Vampire Mongbats to keep me company any longer!

Hah! Fun - I just toppled a Headless Miner! I had my arrow on him while getting ready to fire, but clicked on him accidentally as he started mining. He fell flat on his face then jumped back up... remember cow tipping? It was just like that!

*don't call the men with white jackets yet ...* real life will drag me away

Last edited:

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has taken me around a week or 30+ hrs to get one on my shard. It dropped in fel and was the shovel, now for a pickaxe!

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok one more try ;)
Have you tried Felucca?
It has taken me around a week or 30+ hrs to get one on my shard. It dropped in fel and was the shovel, now for a pickaxe!
That makes me wonder if we are wasting our time hunting Trammel.
They can spawn on all shards.
Phoenix-Mithic: Are the pickaxes and shovels1337 found only in Felucca?
- - after hunting for an incredible number of days and hours in both *groan* -- help?

Last edited:

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Myphsar got it in Tram so I think it is both. I made myself take the morning off. Well mostly, I might have snuck in a few minutes. :)

Maybe one hour won't hurt....

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say they are dropping on all shards and both facets, it is just a tiny percentage chance of getting one.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup.... Got on one of my very old chars (actually the only char on Catskills) and rode to Ludes... Here it is in the CC.... ;)

House of Ludes.... I bet the actual address is 714 ain't it Ludes?
714 Lemmon Way actually.. :;

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got mine in Tram..
Thank you Lady Bleez and Sept and Ludes! Thank you ALL!
So many UO laborious intensive time consuming quests are akin to "tilting at windmills".
This one beats them all.
So.. not to be defeated - back to the task I go, with a shovel and a pick and a dynamite stick hi ho hi ho hi ho .... :fight:

:scholar:
( “To tilt at windmills” is a venerable English idiom meaning to pursue an unrealistic, impractical, or impossible goal")

Last edited:

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, odd question that I didn't see really answered, or maybe just didn't see it in this thread:

Do these do anything? Other than being a sweet color and having a high number of uses, do they work for better chances at higher ore? Or maybe for an event?

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
No i am Trammy after all this years ;) And i bet if i would say i go to Fel 100% of all PK's will hide there waiting for me since they cant find anyone 99,8% a day to kill huhahahahahha

Status
Not open for further replies.