• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Red pickaxe/shovel *Spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was just thinking if its worth while getting down there myself and hunting away to get one to sell.
I tried that... spent several hours and days at it.... but like everything else I try that requires the luck of the RNG I never got one.... and decided I had better things to do with my time than farm things that take 900 hours to get.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I guess then luck must play a role? How come some dont find stuff after 10.000 kills and others after 300? Yes i know, its random. But still, luck plays a large role?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, when I got mine, I was wearing 540 luck.
But I have tried with negative luck, no luck, 2k+ luck... Can't say there was much of a difference.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well there still spawning picked one up tonight :D and luck was only 140. I almost fell out of my chair when it was on the corpse, this was a shovel btw.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi this was on Europa shard. Went there the other day before work to do some more and a player with (young) status on a horse was there. So came back an hour latter was still there, and would not respond
to me when I asked how much longer he would be there and got no responce. Came back after work and was still there, so tried a few hours latter and was still there, and tried this mourning and you guessed
it there he was again. So I went to Atlantic where I have my mage and went to try on that shard and guess what another (young) player thwere as well, farming the area. Both have leather armour where they do not
need to use refs and use the book of knowledge.
I'm guessing there using 15 day accounts and farming for the gold shovel and pickaxe to sell to sites that sell them for real monery. Kinda annoying when your paying real money to play this game and would
like to use that area once in awhile for fun. I'm just wondering if this is happening on other shards as well. I found the best way to run them off is to just cast ev's in the area.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I saw the guy on Atlantic. he is obviously a scriptor. He should be paged on every time you see him.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Interesting. I don't think anyone gets these for money, though? While they are really hard to get I dont think they sell for much gold. Will page when I see one on my shard.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Haven't seen him on Legends yet, but I will likely page if I see him around.
I am often there for one hour almost every night, and will gladly offer the spot to other people who show there if I have killed at least 25 miners at that point.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What i find REALLY disappointing is whenever something new is discovered, players start to farm, then the cheats arrive and spoil it, with this happening without fail for 15 years now you would have thought the Devs would have sorted a way to prevent this, like no young players allowed in such cave/dungeon while the golden axes/shovels were dropping, or at least one of them would POLICE the areas, or is it just me?

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
no jack flash, allow them there, but disable the drops for them... same with gifts..

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting. I don't think anyone gets these for money, though? While they are really hard to get I dont think they sell for much gold. Will page when I see one on my shard.
Opps put thumbs up on your post when i meant to click quote button. Actually hard to get equates to being worth more gold value in game. Players love thier pixel crack me included, its just I would rather
earn it and not have to fight to do it against scriptors. As a side note the two scriptors hide tailed it out on both atlantic and europa this mourning. I have a feeling there going to less crowded shards now so
its time to create some new characters on other shards perhaps and get them banned. Check your shards and see if there all of a sudden appearing on your shard.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legends is very proud of her, we have watched her self imposed torture and while others would have given up long ago, she kept on until victory was achieved :)

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now i feel kinda bad that i got mine on the 30th miner i killed.

granted im going for the pickaxe now and im over 1k of kills and no joy but some day.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
It boggles my mind that you guys not only endure this for hours, you even count your kills????

I can't even begin to understand what level of dedication that requires :p

Never got one and gave up pretty quickly :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It was not a case of dedication.
It was a case of insane obsession. :p

That pickaxe is the ugliest thing ever and thus I HAD to get one. :p

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Your post inspired me and I told myself to try ONCE more. And guess what: It took a mere 15 minutes to get a golden pickaxe! After all these hours.... can't believe it

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Your post inspired me and I told myself to try ONCE more. And guess what: It took a mere 15 minutes to get a golden pickaxe! After all these hours.... can't believe it
Wohoo! :D
Congratulations on getting it. I am really glad that other people are having a much better luck than me on this one. :)

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Don't be fooled by the 15 minutes, I don't even want to think about how much time I invested in this last year. And now I really never want to see that cave again ^^

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hehehehe.
I have been hunting at that cave since the rumours about this ugly pickaxe were posted on this very thread.
I have lost the count of how many hours I spent inside that cave. XD

For now I am giving them headless miners a two week break. Then I will go back to claim the shovel and pickaxe again, but with the other facing this time.
The quest is far from over. :)

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
HAH :D

Kudos to you! Now I know that if I ever have something that is extremely tedious to do, there might person for the job :D

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got a Pick Axe on Europa, did a few hours this morning, and 2 hours yesterday evening. Just ported in, saw there were 5 miners stodd around and it was on the 4th i killed :)

I have 220 luck, and was using a Archer.

Elf.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, this thread is still around :p...since the devs visited earlier, any chance or insight into whether or not Super Mares exist? I stopped after 30 ;D...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took 8,648 kills, but I finally got it.
If that's a literal number, and you did it straight after a spawn wipe, that would take about 36 straight hours. Little less considering the original spawn of five reducing the wait time each hunt. Seems like respawn is about 15 seconds. Also seems like max uses on orange is 15.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If that's a literal number, and you did it straight after a spawn wipe, that would take about 36 straight hours. Little less considering the original spawn of five reducing the wait time each hunt. Seems like respawn is about 15 seconds. Also seems like max uses on orange is 15.
I am pretty sure the spawn rate isn't one every 15 seconds.
It took me an average of 1 hour to kill 100 miners, which makes the spawn rate about 1.66667 per minute.

And that is a literal number. So, by my calculations, it took 86 hours and a half of work to get it.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty sure the spawn rate isn't one every 15 seconds.
It took me an average of 1 hour to kill 100 miners, which makes the spawn rate about 1.66667 per minute.

And that is a literal number. So, by my calculations, it took 86 hours and a half of work to get it.
Damn. Spawn rate on my shard doesn't seem as stingy.

Just killed 52 ;P have full orange set @ 15 except for one facing shovel. No quick luck for me this time around.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just got a Pick Axe on Europa, did a few hours this morning, and 2 hours yesterday evening. Just ported in, saw there were 5 miners stodd around and it was on the 4th i killed :)

Elf.
Congratulations. :D
It is quite pleasant to see that the RNG goddess is smiling at people faster than she did for me. :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Damn. Spawn rate on my shard doesn't seem as stingy.

Just killed 52 ;P have full orange set @ 15 except for one facing shovel. No quick luck for me this time around.
Huh...
This actually makes me wonder if the spawn rate is affected by ping or not.
My average ping is about 200 ms, and it would make sense that the respawn would only happen based on a tick given by the client in order to save server processor cycles, with a safeguard to respawn the area to the original state after a bit without any players around.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh...
This actually makes me wonder if the spawn rate is affected by ping or not.
My average ping is about 200 ms, and it would make sense that the respawn would only happen based on a tick given by the client in order to save server processor cycles, with a safeguard to respawn the area to the original state after a bit without any players around.
ouch.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Elf.
Hi Elf I'm looking for a pick axe on Europa if your interested in selling it PM me with a price also the xmas statues also. Thx Riply

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will get the full set when I get it.
It doesn't matter if it takes a whole year, and if the whole shard gets a full set before me. :p

I will have my set no matter what, that's a given. :p

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are they still dropping in Cove Dungeon. I thought I read something about quest. I could be wrong been a while since ive been on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll assume they are always going to drop. However the RNG hates me so I can't really say.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive paged on 3 people for macro killing on atl and cats... might be the same guy who knows.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a young player on great lakes too scripting them too.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took 5 hours to get my 1st Pick Axe facing north, 30 hours later i got my second, which was also a Pick Axe facing north, but luckily i managed to get a swap. I have decided to just pop in now and again as the 30 hours was done in about 3 days incl 17 hours in 1 day lol. The things we do for our pixel crack.

The annoying thing is, whenever one of us live toons pops in there is a scripter there before us who recalls out as soon as we get there (Its good that he recalls out but bad that he/she is there in the first place).

Elf

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all this time killing miners.
and no one will ever know what the magic LEET shovels and pickaxes do because no one wants to wreck them.

funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.