• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pinco looks like we are going to need towns added to the loyalty menu when this new patch goes live fyi

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco looks like we are going to need towns added to the loyalty menu when this new patch goes live fyi
I've already done this, now I had to gather more info about the new monsters specials (so I can make the debuffs) and the new monsters stats before the release :/

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two feature requests:

1) a toggle for the in-game waypoint particle effect. The green cones look odd in screenshots.

2) a toggle to ignore the mass spam from medusa poisonings. It is a nightmare at events.

Thanks!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two feature requests:

1) a toggle for the in-game waypoint particle effect. The green cones look odd in screenshots.

2) a toggle to ignore the mass spam from medusa poisonings. It is a nightmare at events.

Thanks!
1) can't be done... I hate that green thing, but unfortunately is created automatically by the client :|

2) can be done :p

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, regarding the trade window, can you display the values of the checks in the windows without having to mouse over each one? And can the window show the totals of all the checks and gold in each side of the window?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, regarding the trade window, can you display the values of the checks in the windows without having to mouse over each one? And can the window show the totals of all the checks and gold in each side of the window?
mmm that's would be interesting... I think it's doable, but I have to make some tests first :p

EDIT: done, but I can't check into the containers...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ladies and gentlemen here is the new function prototype:

This new feature will change the background of your character based on the area where you are. The one in the picture is a moongate area and could be changed in the final version :)

Unfortunately the human characters will have the black background since the human body texture include a black shadow that prevents to see the image :(

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol your too clever!

I wonder if you can help me out, started doing Fel T Maps, sadly the guardians tags dont show up on the "attackable" mobiles gump, do i need to set something up?

thanks

Jack

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol your too clever!

I wonde rif you can help me out, started doing Fel T Maps, sadly the guardians tags dont show up on the "attackable" mobiles gump, do i need to set something up?

thanks

Jack
probably they have just a too long name, and there is nothing you can do about :/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is all the backgrounds available:

Now that I've gathered all the monsters info the new version is ready, BUT I can't upload it until the pub 74 goes live :(

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn Pinco, good job! Once again you shame the Dev Team's commitment to the EC. They should mail you a fat check for doing their job for them...

Narval

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pinco I have a issue in your fantastic EC

I downloaded and installed your EC, but when I try to apply any change in the setting menu nothing happen, I press the apply button and accept button and nothing happens.

Please how to proceded to change somenthing in the menu setting.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pinco I have a issue in your fantastic EC

I downloaded and installed your EC, but when I try to apply any change in the setting menu nothing happen, I press the apply button and accept button and nothing happens.

Please how to proceded to change somenthing in the menu setting.
your character profile is not working, try to send it to me so I can take a look...
[email protected]

Narval

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for my ignorance, but where is located my character profile to send it to you.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for my ignorance, but where is located my character profile to send it to you.
1) Go to "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\"

2) Search for a folder with your account name and open it

3) Search for a folder with the character shard name and open it

4) Search for a file with your character name

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the file you sent is just a blank profile and there is nothing wrong with it...

Make sure you are starting the game as administrator and the folder has "everyone" set to full control.
Also make sure the UI and the game are installed correctly...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is another spoiler:

there will be a new buff that shows if you are riding (like for fly) and will also shows the swamp dragon armor points (if you are using a swamp dragon).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco you are awesome I agree UO should send you a nice fat check!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another breaking news that should make happy a LOT of players....

!!!I found a workaround to remove the green "Alien Lights" from the world!!!

This means that you will see those lights only on the waypoint that you makes, and not for every waypoint in the world ;)

Spawn DF

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have another breaking news that should make happy a LOT of players....

!!!I found a workaround to remove the green "Alien Lights" from the world!!!

This means that you will see those lights only on the waypoint that you makes, and not for every waypoint in the world ;)
I'm one of them. :thumbsup:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is another spoiler:

The party markers on the map shows the name.

The life line under the name is visible only if the healthbar is active.

I've also added 3 more option that allows you to send your health/location to guild/party members.
Those options allows to see the guild member on the map (if they are using the Pinco's UI).

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've been gone a long while and now I return to find all this crazy, new, wonderful stuff.

Pinco, I honestly don't know how you do it but I'm sure grateful that you do.
Thank You! :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5.1j

• Improved the loot sort:
    • The algorithm works a bit faster.
    • Now the other than the usual sort, the misc items will be shown in this order: jewels -> armor -> weapons -> shields -> everything else.
    • Added more items to the resources list.
  • Quest journal, guild and virtue window now can be closed by using the same button used for opening it.
  • Removed the credits from the bottom left corner of the game window.
  • Added the "City Loyalty" to the Character Sheet.
  • Added the "Riding" buff. Like for flying, it is shown if you are riding, but it will also shows the swamp dragon armor status or your beetle weight.
  • Added the new "Unable to Run" debuff visible in 3 cases:
    • Wrong monsters special.
    • Full Beetle.
    • Quicksand in Twisted Weald.
  • Added the "Mana Divert" debuff.
  • Added the missing Shame monsters, the new Wrong monsters and some others to the Creatures DB.
  • Fixed the scrollbar into the abilities window.
  • Objects no longer enable the word of death animation on hotbars.
  • When a mobile reach 0% of life the button of word of death do not disappears anymore.
  • The mobiles healthbars now will get disabled correctly.
  • The party healthbars portrait should reappears correctly after the bar disable.
  • Bank checks in trade window and container in list mode will shows their value under the name without viewing the properties.
  • The Durability Bar lock command now works correctly.
  • Now you can disable the overhead poisoning messages over the poisoned mobiles head.
  • The paperdoll default scale is now 20% smaller than the current one.
  • Added a background to the paperdoll, this background changes based on where you are.
    NOTE: the background is unavailable for humans.
  • The arcane focus strength is now automatically determined by the item properties of the crystal instead of the gathering the strength from the time. This will grant a more accurate value, and will work always.
  • Added the target details for players/npc with paperdoll:
    • This shows the total resistances from the items weared by the target.
    • The resistances shown DO NOT count transformations or spells that grants extra bonus/malus.
    • It shows also: HCI, DCI, LMC, SSI, DI, SDI, EP.
  • Moved the waypoints into the main UI code. This will also remove all the green "alien lights" from the world (except from the waypoints that you make).
  • Added 3 new options on User Settings -> Pinco's UI:
    • Share Health With Party: allows to send your health status to your party member so they can see your health over your waypoint on the map.
      NOTE: if is not active, you will see the health on the map only when the healthbar is active.
    • Share Location With Guild: allows to send your location to all the guild members so they can see your waypoint on the map.
    • Share Health With Guild: same as "Share Health With Party" just for the guild. Can be enabled only if you "Share Location With Guild" is active.
  • By default the waypoint of a party/guild member will shows the player name over the marker.
  • Added the new pigments color name to the hue table.
  • The healthbars now uses a color that match the notoriety.
  • Added a little crown on the party healthbar of the party leader.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Great additions cant wait to check them out! speaking of that is it ready for download? I seem to be getting stuck at the "downloading version file"

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great additions cant wait to check them out! speaking of that is it ready for download? I seem to be getting stuck at the "downloading version file"
upload in progress, will be ready shortly :p

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something is broken, really annoying, whoever uses the client is constantly giving out cmd blah blah blah in guild chat.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something is broken, really annoying, whoever uses the client is constantly giving out cmd blah blah blah in guild chat.
they have enabled the Share Location with Guild...

It's written very well that could be annoying for others without Pinco's UI 5.1j, so ask them to turn that off :p

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they have enabled the Share Location with Guild...

It's written very well that could be annoying for others without Pinco's UI 5.1j, so ask them to turn that off :p

From the reports I am getting, they have disabled all three settings but it is still doing it.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try with the new patch now :p
Well better...but still seeing a command status update request line on the person logging in...even with all 3 options disable. But at least not spamming GC when they take any damage.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well better...but still seeing a command status update request line on the person logging in...even with all 3 options disable. But at least not spamming GC when they take any damage.
this can't be removed, is just a request to everyone to send the updated location and status, then who has the system activated will answer the call.

Only CC users and people who still have not updated the UI can see those messages :p

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this can't be removed, is just a request to everyone to send the updated location and status, then who has the system activated will answer the call.

Only CC users and people who still have not updated the UI can see those messages :p
Got ya. No option to disable the request ability, just option to disable the respond.

I am on the CC at work and my EC with your UI is at home.
Just helping some other guildmates with it right now.

Thanks for all your hard work... i know it can feel as if we are ungrateful...but really we aren't.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tight-knit alliances like the one I'm in? :lick:

If it is an option like for guilds, it may help draw more people to the EC if they don't have to rely on UO Cartographer so much.
this will complete the system, but I'd like to wait few days to see how it goes :D

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pinco: Absolutely love the latest patch. Once again great work. I constantly recommend new/returning players I help out to install your UI instantly. The best part is I can confidently tell each person I recommend your UI to that it is updated far more than UO itself. :bowdown:

I wonder, if EA bought your UI and implemented it into their EC download would more people become EC lovers instead of haters? I can personally say it has made me an EC lover 10x over. Have you considered contacting EA for a possible deal Pinco? They would be stupid not to take you into serious consideration. It can be argued your UI improves the client far more than any program ever created by a third party has in UO history; yes, even more so than uoassist and the unmentionable illegal programs (bad scripters! :pie: ).

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I perceive this as 'Aggressive' behaviour by your UI pinco, toward other clients/UIs, how do we roll back to the previous version of pincos ui?

I don't want to have to make my guild members who use your ui stop using it. As in the past 2.0 have provided technical support and promotions for your UI.

I hope for a swift solution.

Regards

Mervyn, GM of Europas largest active guild.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I perceive this as 'Aggressive' behaviour by your UI pinco, toward other clients/UIs, how do we roll back to the previous version of pincos ui?

I don't want to have to make my guild members who use your ui stop using it. As in the past 2.0 have provided technical support and promotions for your UI.

I hope for a swift solution.

Regards

Mervyn, GM of Europas largest active guild.
there is no way back, however if all of your guild member keep off that option you will get just 1 message on login that can't bother you :p

Also there is a big message that says: "This option could result annoying for CC user", so if they turn it on is just because THEY WANT to be annoying :D

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks

now you've fixed it, earlier is was annoying the guild even with it turned off it was perma spamming it

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks

now you've fixed it, earlier is was annoying the guild even with it turned off it was perma spamming it
yes, there was a bad bug that spam like 15 times everytime you change a setting :D

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks

yes, there was a bad bug that spam like 15 times everytime you change a setting :D
Don't downplay the bug, it was perma spamming it, filling up the screen of all guild members constantly. not just 15 times.